Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

House Call

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

House Call Empty
PostSubject: House Call   House Call EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:30 pm

House Call Lexipost
With the events of the previous night, the lack of sleep, board meeting this morning, and jam packed hours of work to round out my day I was ready to lock myself in my apartment and catch up on that lost sleep. Since that isn't a possibility at this time I travel the streets of East City in the rental car the garage had delivered when they picked up my poor vehicle this morning. Shinji had given me directions to his apartment when the meeting was initially set up. While my memory was a bit rusty I still felt confident that I could find the place.

Even through my exhaustion I was feeling the roiling nerves in my belly. I had invited Psyre to join us this evening but hadn't mentioned that fact to Shinji. I hoped he wouldn't mind too much, that is if Psyre is even able to make it. The last I heard was that he would try to come if his schedule allows and that he would contact me when he becomes available.

After a couple of wrong turns and spending no less than ten minutes driving in circles trying to find the correct building, I finally arrive at my destination and begin the search to find a semi decent parking space. Since I was in a rental I wasn't as choosy about the space as I normally am, the garage assured me that the extra insurance was included so I could total the vehicle and be covered.

While going through the motions of securing my belongings and arming the car's anti theft system I go over the major points I need to discuss with the scientist student before Psyre has a chance to interrupt. Somehow I had to find a way to tell him about the recent mandate that I not play guinea pig for any experiments where danger is even a remote possibility. Given the fact that that could put a damper on the entire research process, I was hesitant to broach the subject.

By the time I reached the door Shinji had mentioned I had almost talked myself out of bringing it up. Taking a deep breath I lift my hand to knock gently on the apartment door and wait for the young man to answer.
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

Number of posts : 157
Rep! : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-22

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:36 pm

From practically outside the door, the floor seemed to vibrate from inside the house with the thudding bass of techno, the higher pitches lost through the door and walls but the solid, almost tactile thuds still creeping out from under the door. Inside the room and not all that far inside, the young man was busy clacking away at a computer as he usually seemed to be, though he watched the screen far more intently than usual. Certainly this had the chance to be far more eventful than the nights he spent in the paranormal sciences department, their computers slow and outdated with keyboards whose keys rose colossal like miniature ziggurats up from the surface of it. The computer he worked on now was sleek and lean, a laptop that now sported many wires stretching out of it connected to various pieces of machinery that look as though they might have belonged to several things before but now were bootlegged together with little more than wiring and prayer. He knew what he was doing, of course, as he finished uploading the programming, but he couldn't quite help but feel irritated at the whole thing. It was hard enough to jury-rig his own equipment. It was harder to look professional while doing it, and he disliked being the backroom mad-scientist, somehow. It was so much less legitimate than a lab coat.

Still, as he took another sip from his water-bottle mixture of vodka and lemonade, he heard the knock at the door and forced himself to his feet as the song changed, pushing back from the computer and making his way for the door. He could already tell who was on the other side, or at least he could tell that she was a spiritual entity of some kind as he opened the door easily. "Showtime, ladies and gentleman. Welcome to my humble abode." For a nice enough apartment place, the whole thing seemed very binary, and looked as though it were very sterile. It seemed almost like he didn't live here, the only real furniture being a couch in front of a coffee table in the main room, a white table and chairs in the visible dining area, and then a door leading to what might presumably be a bedroom. The decor on the walls enhanced the theme, mostly black and white ascetics and abstract pieces. He turned after leading her into the room and offered his hand once more, a slight smile on his face, the silver ring still in tact. He wore largely what he had before; black long pants and a long black turtleneck.

"Thanks for coming. Anything I can get you, a drink, something to eat? I don't have much on hand, I can't cook well so I usually go out to eat, but you're welcome to what I have. How've you been, since last we saw each other?" He offered by way of conversation over his shoulder as the computer on the coffee table beeped and he moved towards it, quickly fanning his fingers across the keyboard to clack in the next string of updates and corrections for the software he was trying to make work. On the chair to the side was what looked to be a box, connected by a trio of wires to various hard points in the laptop, with what appeared to be electrodes hanging ingloriously over the arm of the chair. Not far away was another box that seemed to be whirring, also connected to the laptop but this time sporting several wires that seemed to be connected to a well worn, plush teddy polar bear, which lay flopped at an angle on the chair.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:29 pm

House Call Lexipost
The music wasn't my preference but I had to admit that it wasn't half bad. It had even managed to inspire a few taps of my foot as I waited for the door to be opened. Once the man answered and allowed me to enter his home I gazed around to check out his surroundings. Stepping inside my attention is first caught by the art hanging on the walls. While it wasn't in the same genre as the prints that adorn the walls of my living space, I had to respect the man's taste. In another life, with another personality, I might have gone with something similar to dress up my place.

After a second or two of admiring his art choice my eyes finally begin to trace the wiring connected between devices. I don't know much about science experiments but generally where there are wires, especially this many wires, there is a high chance of some type of electrical current which could be dangerous should anything decide to malfunction. Seeing how much effort had been put into the setup I couldn't even fathom backing out now.

The offerings of food or drink from the young man are politely refused. While I hadn't stopped for anything on my way here, food and drink weren't exactly appealing to me tonight. "Thank you but no, I'm fine. I've been up to my eyeballs in paperwork since we last saw each other. I had to set everything up for my boss's takeover of his father's company. Thankfully that was all taken care of at this morning's board meeting so I can breathe normally for another day or two before I have to crack down and work on the next three projects I've been assigned. How have you been?" There was really no need to mention the fact that he was a part of one project or that I had already started working on the real estate one. I was just making conversation, details weren't that important.

After I pose my question to him my eyes continue moving around the room until they come to a halt on the poor neglected polar bear. Moving over to the forlorn stuffed animal I reach out and gingerly brush my fingertips over the worn white fur. Uttering a soft 'aww' I gently right the awkward angle of the animal, careful not to disturb the wires connected to it. "Umm... why do you have wires running into this poor bear? Are they really necessary?" Addressing him without turning around to face him, knowing that the weak and tender expression in my eyes would be visible, I resist the urge to lift the bear and cuddle it to my chest.
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:25 pm

It rather sounded as though the woman had been busy. Better than he had been, certainly, though in his own way he'd been busy himself, bopping between at least four locations a day. There'd been parties, one of them at his house, and there'd been school, as per usual, but at this point really most of his work was here in this room, trying to establish a better understanding for his science. Still, he wasn't quite sure how much he expected Lexi to be interested in the mundanity of his life, nor did he really find it all that interesting to recollect himself, and so he allowed a noncommittal shrug of his shoulders. "It's been much the same as it always is. Places to go, people to see, work to be done." He noted before he let his eyes flicker up to the poor polar bear, who was rather more white than he should have been considering his age, all thanks to Shinji's OCD washing habits. The poor thing had been bleached so many times that it was surprising the charcoal black eyes and the black button nose weren't white.

"Oh, that's Ube-chan. He's my assistant." he offered as he finished off the last string of command lines and watched one of the machines beep to life; pulling up another screen, a set of graphs began to move, though they remained at remarkably low levels. Still, there was some ambient detection, which was interesting; he would have to test if that changed when she left or not. "Try not to hurt him, he's still recovering from his last run in with someone's fucking dog." he pointed out dryly, a hint of irritation in his voice as he motioned to the bear's side with the wires, where they lead through a tear that had been expertly restuffed and stitched up with black string beneath the white fur.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:35 pm

House Call Lexipost
From the man's answer it sounded like his life had been pretty normal since the night we met. I assumed that meant he wasn't involved or aware of the recent events that plagued the city, at least not on a personal level. I wouldn't bring up the attack now, there might be an acceptable point to slip it in later on.

When his answers concerning the bear are given, I glance back to him while hoping that I successfully camouflaged the expression I wore when looking at the adorable stuffed toy. So the bear was his assistant, that was incredibly cute. I was pleasantly surprised to hear the tone in his voice as he suggested that I not hurt Ube-chan, as if I could ever harm a sweet innocent polar bear. At the mention of his run in with a dog, I bend down to examine the carefully placed stitches.

Running a finger tenderly over the black thread I rely upon the music filling the apartment to keep my words between the stuffed animal and me. "Don't worry, they look good. Scars mean you survived, wear it with pride." After having my private word with the bear I stand back up to full attention and turn to face Shinji. "I wouldn't dream of hurting him, trust me. So what is the plan for this evening?"
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 6:20 pm

Shinji watched her toy with the bear impassively; she didn't seem particularly likely to pummel the poor thing, as he'd had to worry about with a few other guests, nor did she laugh, which was also a good sign, so he let her go about her fiddling with it while he finished up the equipment. It would all work... or it should, at any rate. He once again cursed his equipment; he wouldn't be able to tell, for instance, how the powers worked mechanically, or what happened in the junction, or how they were called upon, if anything, but he would, if everything was successful, manage to accomplish something scientifically verifiable. The wires leading from he bear were coupled to a modified sensor that he' calibrated with a few alterations of his own to, he thought, detect the nparticle that he believed to be involved in the magical effects generated by spirits. He didn't really knew what it was, or how it functioned, but at the same time he felt that if he could detect it, then at least it existed, which gave a bit of credence to his theory. He would have to test it out to see whether or not the reactions were actually due to the nparticles and not because of anything else interfering, but he'd done what he could so far, and the system was set for it's trial run.

Ube-chan, as per usual, handled the cuddlings and pawings with dignity, remaining stoicly silent before he was placed back on his chair.

"The basic idea is that, currently, I believe there's a particle either emitted by or created by spiritually sensitive creatures that allows them to utilize their abilities; for lack of a better term, I've called it the nparticle." He noted dryly, clicking a button on a black remote to end the techno rather suddenly. "The theory goes that when you utilize your powers, I'll be able to see a change in the readings I get from the electrodes to be placed on your body. The second part of this is that theoretically, the nparticles will remain to guide the harnessed energy, and when you use your telekinetic powers on Ube-chan, I should get a reading from him as well, theoretically corresponding to the strength of contact you use." He continued before shrugging and gathering up the bundle of electrodes, suction cups dangling from his hand as he looked to her frankly. "Are you wearing anything under your clothes? A tank top or undershirt would be useful."
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 6:39 pm

House Call Lexipost
The man's explanation made sense enough for me to follow. He spoke of some particle thingy that would be emitted when I use my powers. There was mention of electrodes to be attached to my body that would read the changes in the particles on my end as well as on the end of Ube-chan when I use my telekinesis on him. As long as telekinesis was the only power I was using on the bear, I could agree to it.

By the time he looks to me with the wired electrodes in his hand and asks if I am wearing anything under my clothes I feel confident in the mechanics of the experiment. The details were another story. Since I always wear a tank top between my undergarments and my blouse that would not be an issue, the issue would be my promise to Psyre not to take part in the experiment process.

Before I could come up with the words to let the man down gently my phone began to go off. "My apologies, let me see what this is about." Pulling the phone from my pocket I press the accept button to read the text message that had just come in. It was from Psyre. Evidently he had just become available and was on his way. Since I had given him the directions earlier today I wouldn't have to repeat those. Rapidly typing out a reply with my thumbs, I ask my employer if he has had a chance to eat between work and now. While waiting for his response to come in I offer Shinji another sincere apology. I would have to explain everything to him before Psyre arrived.

The text came in to let me know that he had not eaten and was in fact starving. If I were to have him come here with nothing to offer, his growling stomach would weigh in heavily on his reaction to Shinji and the research. "Again, I'm so sorry. The umm... man I mentioned before, my employer, has found time in his busy schedule to come by and meet you tonight. This poses a problem, well a couple problems actually. One, he hasn't eaten yet. Is there any way I can slip in to your kitchen and fix something to stave off his hunger, I don't want that to affect his decision about funding your research. The second is... he doesn't want me to take part in the experiments. He thinks they could endanger me. I haven't found time to plead my case on this subject so you and I might have to reassure those fears of his together. If you don't mind, of course. I want to take part in this process, for some reason it means a lot to me."

At that I fall silent and watch for the young man's reaction. Half of me expects him to kick me out of his apartment and never look back while the other half hopes that he won't be too upset or offended by what I had to say.
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 7:16 pm

He cocked his head to the side lightly. So not only was some random possible employer coming over to his house, he was also asking for some kind of food and deciding that one of his current subjects was somehow put in danger by the experiments. He hadn't been on many interviews before, but he assumed that both of these were a bad sign. "How, precisely, is it dangerous to attach an electrode to a person? It's a routine medical procedure; it's not even invasive." He pointed out dryly as he put down the electrodes, not quite sure what he had to offer someone that was relatively close to legitimate people's food; he usually went out to dinner, and most of the food he had was ramen and such. Still, he shrugged and made his way for the kitchen, frowning slightly.

"I'm not quite sure what I actually have for him to eat... pasta...some alfredo sauce...ramen... that's about it. I don't eat here much." he pointed out dryly, shrugging a bit and offering her a cocked head. "Why is he so worried about electrodes? There isn't a single thing in the system that could possibly damage you; I suppose if you decided to wrap the cords around your neck, you might pass out before they loosened." He offered dryly.

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 7:32 pm

House Call Lexipost
"Electrodes aren't particularly dangerous, at least not in the way you seem to be intending to use them. When talking to him about the process I didn't exactly have specifics to offer so in his mind I can only imagine what sort of experiments popped up." I took the fact that I wasn't ushered through the door to be a good sign and followed Shinji to the kitchen.

My mind was rapidly trying to put together a decent meal with what the man mentioned and what I could see when I stepped beyond him to take a peek for myself. Not finding anything in the way of meat I shake my head and turn around to look back at the man. "Could you point me in the direction of the pasta and alfredo sauce? I really am sorry, I'll replace whatever I use. I didn't expect him to not eat before coming over." Even if that is exactly what I had done, I didn't expect the man who always made sure he had people at hand to take care of his every need would do the same.

"After there is food in his belly I will try and convince him that there isn't any danger in what you want to do, at least not at this level. Maybe simply promising to back out as soon as there is any real danger would be enough to placate him for now. If we can get him to fund your research then he will give you a proper lab to work in and many more test subjects, more powerful and impressive than me I'm sure. If that happens then you won't even need me anymore, right? So playing nice tonight, even if it means not running the experiment on me, could lead to you having every opportunity you need."
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 8:33 pm

"He sounds like a piece of work." he noted as he leaned back against the wall, watching her scramble to cook the man a meal. He already found himself at odds; the idea of someone coming over and demanding something to eat seemed rather odd to him, especially considering she was in someone else's house, but with an opportunity for something decent to come out of it he held his tongue and let her cook, watching the proceedings. He didn't keep much fod in his house at the best of times, and as he pointed her to whatever it was she asked for, likely the best she'd manage to scrounge up would be some basic pasta alfredo.

"So care to tell me a bit about this mysterious possible employer before he shows up, or should I just bow and scrape when he arrives with proper grad-student dignity?" He offered with a raised eyebrow as he watched her, face as impassive as ever.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:15 pm

House Call Lexipost
Over the course of my 'Flight of the Bumblebee' routine through the kitchen to gather the pasta, sauce, and necessary cooking instruments I know I must have uttered at least another dozen apologies over my shoulder to the young man. I couldn't believe that I was even doing this, much less imposing on someone I had only met once before. Maybe hiring a personal chef to come in and cook three meals a day for him for a month would make up for my rudeness today. Mental note: Look in to personal chef costs.

The pasta and alfredo combination was really the only available option that sounded even close to Psyre's standards. I couldn't imagine trying to pass off ramen to the man who paid more for his nightly dinner than I pay in groceries each week. At least with such a simple yet appetizing dish I had a few options as far as ways to enhance the flavor of the stock sauce.

With hands busily getting the meal started I think for a moment on what to tell Shinji about Psyre. I didn't want to come off as some preprogrammed robot merely spitting out facts. On the other hand I didn't want to give this man the impression that Psyre and I were anything but employer and employee. "His name is Psyre Prince, President and CEO of Psi Voli Strategic Solutions. Just this morning he assumed control of Prince Enterprises. He is young for a successful businessman and has built his corporation from the ground up in a remarkably short period of time. He and I share some of the same abilities, though I am not sure if we share them all. He's a bit on the eccentric side, not in a cute quirky way though, more... demanding with a hint of frightening. Dignity would always be a good idea when coming face to face with him. I still haven't quite figured out which buttons set him off, except for lying, that one really gets his feathers ruffled."
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 5:36 pm

It sounded to Shinji as though the man were a spoiled rich boy full on his own success, but he didn't say as much as he listened to her talk and watched her prepare the makeshift meal. Perhaps it was his own modest background or perhaps because he simply disliked those with feelings of entitlement, but he typically found himself rather irritated by people who assumed themselves better than those around them and enjoyed obvious and showy displays of wealth, though perhaps that was more jealousy than anything else; he certainly wouldn't mind having such luxuries himself, and as he'd never been confronted with such a chance, he didn't bother himself with wondering whether or not he would feel as though he sold out or not. Still, he shrugged and ran a hand over his face, reaching to his side and downing the rest of the lemon-vodka concoction in the bottle before tossing it into the recycling to the side, his motions still controlled and his face still inexpressive, One of his fingers found the rotating bit of the ring on his finger, but he prevented himself from spinning it by pressing his thumb sharply to it.

"We'll see how it goes, then. I'm not particularly good actor." he offered as he watched her, pointing the way to the knife drawer when it became apparent she might need one; each of the kitchen knives inside it was sharpened to a razor's edge, a habit he'd been in since long before he had his own apartment. "I wonder how easily I frighten..." he mused aloud, not quite sure considering how easily water seemed to terrify him... but most other things didn't seem to have nearly that effect.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 6:44 pm

House Call Lexipost
"I'm sure you will do just fine, just try not to do or say anything to purposefully set him off." While I wasn't really sure why I would need a knife in the course of preparing pasta alfredo with a few light herbs tossed in, I reached into the drawer Shinji pointed me toward anyway. That should have been my first clue that something bad was going to happen, I was grabbing a utensil that I didn't even need only because the man of the house was directing me to it. My second clue should have been the fact that I pulled open the drawer and reached in for the knife blindly. It's not like this semi normal science guy would habitually sharpen his knives to the point where they could filet a salmon with a flick of the wrist.

You know how they say that scalpels are so sharp you won't even feel the cut at first? Well that's kinda how this went, I felt my finger graze the blade before finding the handle and lifting it out of the drawer but I did not realize that it had opened the skin until some time later. That time came as I was moving the knife to the counter beside the stove. That is when I noticed the thin line of crimson running along the pad of my thumb. "Ow! Shh... maybe you should mention that your knives are of the ginsu variety." I try to speak with a good natured chuckle in my voice before taking my thumb into my mouth and sucking at the blood. At least the meal isn't complicated enough for me to need both hands the whole time. I can stir and shake spices with one hand for now.
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:08 pm

He saw the cut before she felt it, apparently, as she didn't seem to notice, and by the time she made her declaration of pain he was already moving towards a cabinet where he kept band aids and other kitchen-necessary aids, pulling out a small box. His hands worked deftly over the surface, undoing the plastic latch with a quick pop before proffering her a small band-aid, pre-ointmented on the proper side. "Put it on and apply pressure. I'll assume you know how to deal with cuts." he said simply as he looked to her, bowing his head in apology. "Sorry about that; thought you might need to chop some herbs or something. My mother was anal-retentive about her kitchen supplies, and I guess it kind of passed along." Likewise, everything that WAS in the kitchen was neat and tidy, kept in clean and orderly condition. Perhaps he didn't keep much on hand because he would have to spend more time than he liked cleaning, or perhaps he was simply lazy after all. Either way. "I don't know about you, but when I've got nothing to do, my hands still itch like they should be doing something, so I either clean or code or something relatively mechanical." He wondered sometimes if his life was really lived in the brief moments when he was free of his compulsions, but he didn't muse that aloud as he watched her. "Not too deep?"

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:59 pm

House Call Lexipost
"Yes, I've had plenty of experience dealing with cuts, at least this one isn't deep enough to need stitches. I don't know why I even reached for it, I knew I wouldn't need it." Taking the band aid he offered, I sucked the wound clean once more before gently applying the ointment covered pad to the slice in my finger. "It's not deep at all, I must have just barely grazed the blade. It shouldn't take more than a minute or two to stop bleeding. Thanks for the band aid." With my uninjured hand I turned my back to the man and added the necessary herbs I had found, crushing the ones that should have been cut between my fingers instead of reaching for the knife again.

As I added the herbs to the white sauce I thought over what he had said about itchy hands when he has nothing for them to do. I guess I could relate to that... at least I used to be able to. Lately I have been too exhausted to feel like I need to do something during any quiet moments but before work became master of my life I had the itchy hand syndrome too. Nodding as I give the sauce a stir, I voice my agreement. "I know how that is. When there was quiet time in my life, a while back mind you, I would get the itchiness in my hands like they needed to be doing something. I would write or draw if there was nothing left to be cleaned or straightened fifty thousand times. If I had a knack for coding I would probably have turned to that as well." Leaning down to sniff the sauce, I couldn't quite tell if it was good yet. Bringing the spoon out of the liquid, I cup one hand beneath it to catch ay drips and blow softly on the little bit cooling over the surface of the spoon. Offering it to Shinji, I look to him with a raised eyebrow. "Here, taste this, let me know what you think."
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:24 pm

Looking to the white sauce on the tip of the spoon, Shinji raised an amused eyebrow before moving and tasting the sauce. It wasn't how he would usually flavor it, but then he rarely thought about the things that he ate. He offered a shrug. "Tastes fine to me. I'm not exactly a culinary genius, I'm pretty sure I blew out my taste buds a few years back." he pointed out, but the lingering taste had him figuring that she was at least a decent chef, and that it certainly wasn't bad. He wasn't sure of her employer's tastes, obviously, but he assumed it would function as he shook his head idly.

"So out of curiosity, did he demand this, or are you just doing this out of some personal sense to cater to him?" He offered, cocking his head to the and watching her from his post by the door of the kitchen; he couldn't tell if she was the doting subordinate or the weary secretary, though he wasn't sure why both thoughts were slightly repugnant to him. No, he knew exactly why they were, but considering he was thinking of selling his soul to the corporate monster, he wasn't exactly sure why he cared. Perhaps his mother had worn off on him more than he hoped she did. "No offense."
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:57 pm

House Call Lexipost
Shinji's reaction to the sauce wasn't exactly what I was hoping for so I had to end up tasting a section of the spoon next to where he had taken his. The sauce wasn't as good as I would make it from scratch or even from the jar at home, but considering what I had to work with here, it would do nicely. The pasta would need another moment or two of boiling before it would reach the right tenderness so I switched the heat off below the sauce and moved to the sink to wash the spoon. I wasn't about to put it back into the pot after both of our mouths had been on it.

I didn't comment on his taste bud blow out line, not immediately anyway. His question is what catches my attention. I never enjoy feeling like I have to justify my actions or defend my reasons so the inquiry sets me on edge, despite his afterthought addition of 'no offense'. Trying to hide my annoyance, I keep myself facing away from him when I move back to the stove to check the pasta once again. "Neither and both at the same time. The man needs to eat and isn't stopping for anything on his way here. I told you before I started cooking that you stand a better chance of being funded by him if I give him a nice full belly before introducing him to your research goals. He will be more likely to listen and consider the project if he isn't standing here with a grumbling stomach wondering how much longer we're going to keep him from his dinner. So no, I don't have some silly need to cater to him, I have a silly feeling that you and your research are worth the trouble."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 3:59 pm

At the tail end of a phone call, I am sitting in the back of the truck as it is returning to East City from a meeting in the Northern Heights. "Yes, I know that I've postponed our date but I have to take care of business and my assistant personally requested this. This meeting isn't expected to take long and I didn't want to hear you complaining about the food or anything since I don't know how well this kid can cook, I didn't invite you over."
Unknown Female: "What time will you be done? I want to see you while I'm free. I have a crazy week and I just want to relax for a day tomorrow, but I want to see you tonight."
Me: "Have you developed a curfew or a bedtime?"
Female: "Answer..."
Me (with a grin on my face): "I'm not sure. If the meeting runs late, I'll just come by and stay at the hotel with you..."

The truck stops and the driver hits the intercom button, "Mr. Prince, we have arrived." I nod to the black window separating us and the driver's door opens. The driver sends a message up to Alexis to inform her that I have arrived and about to head up. My door opens so I inform the female that I will call her after I am done. She tells me that I better not forget like last time and I shake my head with a half-smile remembering that incident. Boy was she mad at me. I hang up with her and check my phone. Plenty of battery life left. The driver asks me if I would like him to wait here or come back later. I tell him that if he has errands to run or something of that nature then he should wait fifteen minutes then head out to do them and I'll message him when I'm ready. He shakes his head and tells me that he'll read while he waits. I nod to him and head inside the building.

I message Crystal while I'm walking to the apartment and tell her to prepare a status report on our endeavors regarding Koraer Academy or the training centers. If this meeting proves fruitful, I want to be able to move forward soon so that I don't have to worry about this whole request for Alexis to be participating. I have seen too many side effects from the R&D teams that have phenomenal short term gains, but burn out my assets far too quickly, thus resulting in long term losses. I will not allow that to happen to Alexis.

Arriving at the door, I look around and wonder why I am meeting them here instead of at some lab, but I shake my head and continue walking looking for the door. As I am making my way down the hall, I notice that loud music is being played and it sounds like techno music... seriously? We're supposed to conduct a meeting in this place. To make matters worse, the loud noise is coming from none other than the apartment I'm supposed to be meeting at. Now unsure if she was even able to receive my message to know that I am here, I focus for a moment before my eyes take a translucent silver glaze over them. Focusing on this apartment, I am able to visually move around the apartment to notice the kitchen with Alexis there, but I continue to search around. I once read that a successful leader is quite paranoid, so I continue looking through the apartment to ensure that there are no ambushes or anything waiting for myself or Alexis. My first impulse to make the stereo explode until I notice wiring and stuff going everywhere... that might not be safe, so I simply turn the music down. Turning my attention back to the kitchen, I feel a lot more comfortable about eating now that I see that Alexis is the one cooking. With the music volume lowered, I knock on the door to Shinji's apartment.

700 words
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 9:04 pm

It seemed as though he had struck a nerve of some kind, the way she snapped at him, but then again what he'd said was a bit snippy, so he couldn't really have expected much more from her. As he watched her go about her soup and the sudden buzz in her pocket, it occurred to him that this whole thing was rather bizarre, especially from where he was standing. He had virtually no interaction with big business before this incident, and frankly had assumed that this whole endeavor would end up being a bust and his report would largely just be on the difference in brain waves or something between normal people and spiritual people, but now...

"Sorry, didn't mean-" And then something came into his apartment. He wasn't sure what it was, but his eyes flicked over to it, whatever it was. Some kind of spirit, or something along those lines, at least, but not quite... he couldn't tell. One way or another it was whipping through his apartment, and then the music lowered. He began to wonder what was going on before he heard the knock at his door, and he sighed slightly, running a hand over his face. This was precisely why he didn't like bloody spirituals; they could basically just do whatever they wanted with impunity. He'd have to find a way to fix that. Still, that took money, and as he pushed himself off the wall, he made his way for the door before Alexis could busy herself with running past him to ingratiate herself with the man once more, either for her benefit or his. He, personally, wasn't quite ready to bow and scrape, or rather wasn't about to disguise who he was for the sake of a corporate businessman. He maintained to himself that it was because he would find out anyway, and better now than when he'd hired him already, but in reality he wasn't sure if it wasn't something else.

As he pulled the door open, he looked to the man in front of him with a raised eyebrow; neat, clean, rather young for his explained position, but what leapt to Shinji's senses first was the sense that he was much like Lexi, but stronger. Not overwhelmingly so, as he'd felt once or twice before, but stronger. He himself stood tall and lean, very early twenties with bleached white hair behind a pair of glasses, a black turtleneck covering rather pale skin and a silver ring adorning the long fingered hand that extended by way of greeting as he stepped back from the door and offered it.

"Mysterious Benefactor, I presume. Katsumoto Shinji." He explained, motioning him into the house. "Lexi's in back, preparing a meal." He decided against mentioning him turning down the music; wasn't necessary, at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 9:21 pm

House Call Lexipost
Smooth move Alexis. Let the man get you all riled up and distracted so he can go answer the door. Now the two of them are meeting unsupervised which can only go one of two ways; they will either become immediate bosom buddies and team up against you or they will develop an instant dislike for one another and this whole project will blow up in your face. When will you ever learn?

Chiding myself mentally while clearing the 'Mr. Prince is on the way up' message with one hand and stirring the sauce a final time with the other, I listen out for any sounds of aggression from the door. Now that the music was turned down that would be relatively easy to do. Leave it to my employer to flaunt his abilities in the home of a man who just happens to be researching the very same thing. I wonder if this is part of his plan. Show Shinji a stronger specimen so he will toss weak little me aside and move on to wanting to study him.

Grumbling silently over this new possibility I dish up a serving of the meal for my boss and move to the table to set a place for him. Gathering silverware and a drink that I hope will meet his standards, since Shinji unfortunately is fresh out of smoothies or expensive alcohol, I get everything set up for him to enjoy the simple meal before or while listening to the official pitch.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:41 pm

There is something about this place that seems to heighten my senses to a level that I have not experienced since returning to the Earth Realm. I have had no bloodwyne in weeks since coming back, but I cannot wait to feel that sweet, rich elixir dance in my mouth like the tongue of a beautiful and sensual female kami... shaking my head, I look up as someone arrives at the door. The door opens and I look at the individual standing before me. So this is him. I silently look him over. When he gives me his name, I nod to him. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Katsumoto-san. I am Psyre Prince and I suppose I would be the mysterious potential benefactor in this situation. Alexis has spoken highly of you and while I trust her judgment, I need to be sure that you are worth the investment that I am considering bestowing upon you." I smile to him faintly as I walk inside. Sniffing the air, I speak aloud, "Something smells amazing." I snap my fingers realizing that I showed up empty handed. I look around now that I am physically inside of the apartment. My inspection doesn't last long as I continue moving forward. The damn bear still look very weird to me. I point at it while looking over at Shinji before I head to greet Alexis, who is setting up the table. "Good evening, Alexis. I hope I didn't keep you two waiting too long." After she responds, I look back at Shinji, "So tell me about your research. I like to know why I am at a meeting before engaging in small talk."

300/1000
Unlocking: Sensing Package (-3000)
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 7:44 pm

Stepping aside to allow the man entrance into his apartment, he stepped back and closed the door. The good thing about being a compulsive neat-freak was that he never had to worry about general disarray when it came to presenting one's house to captain moneybags. Still, as he stepped aside, he wasn't sure if he liked the sense of scrutiny that he sensed from the other man, but then again he wasn't sure what he expected. The more rational part of his brain told him that of course he was being scrutinized, it was a business proposal like any other and he'd do things the same way. The irrational part of him didn't much care, but considering Shinji's irrational side had practically committed ritual suicide in the hostile takeover of his brain, the only remnants being the little mental quirks that came up now and then, it didn't exactly get much voice on the subject as he lead the man to the kitchen and pointed the way to the food.

"Technically, my research is involved in getting a PHD in Paranormal Sciences at Saicity University, but frankly that's of only marginal interest to me. More of interest is the research itself." Might as well get to the gist of it, since that seemed to be what the man wanted. "Most of what I'm doing now is, I'm afraid, limited by my equipment; as can easily be imagined, paranormal sciences as a division doesn't exactly attract people with a serious scientific bent, and most of what they use is cast down from other divisions so that the morons who look to play ghost busters can tinker." He explained, unable to contain the bite at the rest of his division; it was a joke, half spiritual-mystics who were attempting to commune with some greater power or get super powers (etc.), half morons who thought themselves god's gift to the scientific process by making up random, undetectable particles that could just as easily be some kind of interference, and then letting it through without proper testing.

The fact that he could be considered as one of the latter certainly didn't escape him, nor did the irony, but he forged on.

"Currently all I'm really attempting to detect is the link between spiritual abilities and the world around us. I've modified some of the equipment on loan from the division to, I believe, pick up something I've ended up calling nparticles, for lack of a better term. Stop me if I'm boring you." He noted, pausing a moment to allow the man the actual opportunity to do so before continuing. "My current hypothesis upon seeing Alexis' abilities is that a modified brain-wave generates energy to accomplish it's tasks by manipulating the particles around something. The test comes in," he pointed to Ube-chan, sitting on his chair, "to see if, through moving and manipulating the bear via her demonstrated telekinesis, the wires that I've installed in him can detect the change in the surrounding particles brought on by the telekinesis. Unless of course it functions by creating entirely new particles amidst the air, in which case a second setting should test for those." He finished, leaning back against the wall and shrugging. "It's about all I can mange at the moment, I'm afraid, but if I can at least begin to tell what the difference in the particles are, then I'm on the right track. Questions, concerns, shut-up-Katsuomoto's?" He offered the pair of them, feeling more secure now that he was in his element and actually talking about his topic, instead of simply begging for spare change.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 8:17 pm

House Call Lexipost
When both men appeared in my line of vision still in one piece and not showing any signs of scuffle or disagreement I felt slightly relieved. When Psyre addressed me I simply shook my head and assured him that he was right on time. I was about to warn him not to expect too much from the meal since it was hastily thrown together and came from a bachelor college student's kitchen but I thought that might offend Shinji a bit.

I slid my body into the chair opposite Psyre while the scientist voiced his introductory information. Since I had already heard most of what was said I didn't feel the need to listen too intently, instead I sort of tuned him out for the moment so I could brainstorm on ways to convince the businessman to give his blessing for me to take part in at least this first round of testing. When Shinji wrapped up his little speech I jumped at the chance to weigh in before Psyre could drop the gavel.

"The experiment he has planned for tonight doesn't seem dangerous at all. I would have to do nothing more than move the bear a few times to let him get some readings. I could do that right after you finish eating so you can see if any results are able to be collected."

I hoped he would at least open his mind enough to let me move the bear for Shinji, if not I had no clue if I could hold back the urge to pitch a royal fit, one that would make the worst toddler in the middle of a toy store jealous, in order to get my way.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 2:57 pm

Taking a sip of the beverage, I pause for a moment to smile. Chilled green tea mixed with ginseng and pomegranate juice. Delicious. It puts me in a good mood to listen to things that I seriously can't understand at least not in theoretical terms. I listen to him and take mental notes and everything is moving smoothly until he mentions that he saw an example of her abilities and my eyes cut to her. I show no signs of anger, but this is faintly masked displeasure as I look upon her. I turn back to continue listening. When he asks if he is boring, I shake my head negatively. This is actually somewhat interesting to me. Particles, insults against his contemporaries which I can agree with as I have some paranormal "scientists" working in the Research and Development division at Psi Voli and I've seen no results at all, so it currently seems like a waste of capital. He could very possibly be no different, but Alexis believes in him and is not dating him, so that grants him this meeting to impress me.

I fight back the urge to look at her with even more displeasure and instead smile lightly when he mentions her telekinesis. I calmly yet playfully remark, "My gifted assistant." The primary thing on my mind at this point is simply what she has told him about me. I have done very well to ensure that my powers are a very well kept secret from all outside of my inner circle. Most of my operatives don't even know that I have any abilities. Still, that is that paranoia kicking in. Damn Quinto and that lecture! Focus, Psyre! I snicker at the "any shut-up Katsumoto's" part and prepare to respond when the young woman with us chimes in about the test that she knows that I am against. I think to forbid it, but I realize that she is perhaps the "lesser evil" of potential alternatives. I definitely cannot volunteer myself as I would expose my powers. I cannot call up a Seer or psychic operative because that gives away too much information about my business and connections to a stranger. I do not wish to be controlling like Donovan was to me which helped lead to my rebellions. She is the safest strategic decision.

"Shinji, I like results. So with proper equipment, what results could you show me and how long would it take? With the test that you two have planned for tonight? Worst case scenario, what is the danger to Alexis?" I pause for a moment to look at her, so that she knows to let him answer that question and not to interject. After his answer, I would continue, "This sounds promising, but I don't care to waste money, so I want to know what I'm paying for. If you learn about these nparticles, what can you do with that data and knowledge?"

518/1518
Unlocking: Sensing Package (-2482)
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 8:48 pm

Well, he'd heard him out and didn't seem to think the whole thing was a waste of time, which was certainly a plus. Shinji was amused at Lexi's outburst, the young woman seeming rather interested in participating. He wasn't sure why, really, she was so interested in doing it personally, but rebellious children often didn't really have much of a proper reason for defying their parents, and he was getting much the same vibe from the situation between the two of them, so he didn't much worry about it. Probably just obedience issues. Upon the question as to whether or not the test was dangerous to Alexis, he was tempted to explain what an electrode was, but he refrained from doing so, though he couldn't quite manage to keep a slight note of amusement from his tone. "She could bruise easily with suction, but I really wouldn't know that." He pointed out slightly dryly before shrugging. "As for what I could show you, this is hardly proper equipment. You have to understand that most of this is repurposed medical equipment that I've modified as best I can. I've found a few ways to treat certain chemicals and metals to react to what I believe to be nparticles and then shifted the machines to test for them, but these are practically rocks and twigs that I'm working with. What I'm likely to show you is numbers on a graph increasing; what it will mean is that I'm right, and that I can build on things from there." Then the question he was worried about came up. He was worried not because he couldn't answer it, but because there were about eight million possible answers to it, and he would have to start picking one.

"Mr. Prince, I have no real idea what it is that you or your company does. I have no idea what you're looking for in a scientist. What can I do with it? How much are you going to let me do with it? That's the real question." He pointed out wryly, almost daring the man with a slightly lean smile. "You give me carte blanche, I'll bet you my job I can make it do whatever you want and then some."
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 9:40 pm

House Call Lexipost
Initially upon seeing the glances of displeasure come from Psyre I wanted to cringe and cower but I repeatedly reminded myself that the night I showed Shinji my abilities had been prior to the act being classified as forbidden. Also he didn't actually know the details surrounding my first meeting with the researcher. I was caught red handed so to speak and couldn't exactly call Psyre to come help me find a way out of it.

After listening to the exchange between the two males I feel the need to add my own personal insight into the question of how much harm I could suffer in tonight's experiment. "The leads on electrodes at the hospital have never bruised me so I can't imagine the ones he has in the other room would do any damage. As far as the suction itself goes, my skin can handle a fair amount. You haven't noticed me coming in to work with hickeys have you?" The last bit of my comment was directed solely at Psyre, as is the end of my argument.

"Even if there was minimal risk of damage to my flesh you would probably never be able to tell it. You have seen parts of my body, Psyre, namely my shoulders and chest. Would you honestly be able to tell if a few more scars were added to the mix?" While I hadn't made a habit of wearing revealing clothing around my employer I had been caught off guard by him more than a few times. The most he would have seen would have been the night he forcefully pulled me from the ceiling of the office, the night I had removed my jacket and blouse to spare them the mess of crawling around to find the pipe leak. He had other things on his mind that night but I hoped that he would be able to bring up the images of my exposed flesh for at least a second and that it might convince him that I am not as delicate and vulnerable as he seems to think.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 8:33 pm

Listening to his response, I could only nod my head in agreement at the necessity for better quality and more advanced equipment. Not one to waste time, I look at both of them. "Let's begin then." I nod to Alexis since there is nothing that seems too dangerous for her. I really wished that she understood the tongue of Onitoshi so that we could communicate right now and I could tell her that if it hurts her to stop because I can heal her, but I do not know the extent to which I can heal. Still, I sit down at the table and have another sip of my tea while I wait for the experiment to begin. Looking at the plate, I smile to Alexis as I pick up some of the food and taste it. I realize that I don't believe she's ever cooked for me and that is probably because she and I always go out to eat. Hell come to think about it, I VERY rarely ever have a home cooked meal. It's cool eating creations from the best chefs in the city, but wow... some would say that I'm missing out. A faint smile crosses my face as it tastes pretty good. I can tell that she was limited in resources, which actually excites me because given the proper ingredients, I think she could whip up something incredible!

While Shinji is preparing his equipment, I would tell him. "Impress me enough and I'll let you do a second showing at the research facility that my R&D Division works out of. You will have all of the equipment that you need to run successful tests. In regards to what it is that Psi Voli does, the Psi Voli Strategic Operations Corps is your concern and it is a private security firm that specializes in conflict neutralization. The R&D teams focus on ways to make our Neutralizers better either with better weaponry, upgrades, armoring or better training equipment. Do good there and you'll have a job. I'm not expecting immediate results, but promising possibilities. What I expect from you is that your research can help my company do their job more efficiently to remove the scourge that the police forces can't handle from this city. Let's see what you have to show me."

I take another bite of the pasta and really wish it had meat in it, but no big deal. I probably shouldn't eat that heavy so I don't get tired before this all over. That would lead to a convo that I damn sure don't wish to have.

453/1971
Unlocking: Sensing Package (-2029)
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:28 pm

Efficiency, arms, neutralization of the spiritual threat... he could do that, sure. He just wondered whether or not his employer might get antsy when he figured out how to do his job too well. There was no doubt in his mind that he could pull it off; if he had any guess about the people he currently had working for him, it would be that they were worthless as far as the actual science of it went, or he wouldn't be here dealing with him today. Still, that gave him a chance. He smiled slightly at the man's motion to get started and made his way towards the machine setup. When he made his way over to the machinery and began to fiddle with it, the chestnut about it being a 'strategic solutions' company made him chuckle slightly; he wondered what might happen if he came too close to providing a strategic solution to his employer, but he didn't bother thinking about it now as he started his equipment monitoring the tests. At first it recorded various details about the bear, with no input from the other end of the electrodes, but that was to be expected and, frankly, a good thing as he leaned back in his chair before shifting to his feet and gathering up the dangling suction cups. He turned to Lexi easily, whirling them slightly in his hand as his fingers began to spin the ring once more.

"Alright, strip down to your tank top and we'll get these attached." He said easily, making his way towards her and waiting for her to undress largely without care; this was about science, not ogling his new found friend, though the scars were rather interesting. When she demonstrated herself comfortable enough to allow him to continue, two of the 'trodes would be applied to her temples, one above her heart, one on her jugular and a pair of them on the inside of her elbows. Before applying each one, he would reach into it and peel off what looked to be a thin skin of plastic over what looked to be silver circuitry just before it applied to her skin. He would explain quite how it worked, but frankly he assumed they wouldn't really care, so he didn't much worry about it. "Any last questions?"
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:33 pm

House Call Lexipost
My attention is so torn between watching Shinji's reaction to Psyre and watching for Psyre's reaction to the meal that I almost missed the part where my employer actually gave the experiment his blessing. In what was obviously a delayed reaction, I let out a short (and largely subdued) squeal of delight. When the rest of Psyre's words come, the ones about the company and all that old news stuff, I sort of tune him out and let my gaze wander to the stuffed bear waiting in the other room. I hoped Shinji had been truthful when he said I would only have to use telekinesis on the bear. I knew I would never be able to do something more harmful. Psyre might be worried about my safety in this experiment but I was more worried about the poor Ube-chan sitting there with no voice to defend himself.

Moving into the other room I nod when Shinji tells me to strip down to my tank. First to come off is my jacket which is folded neatly and placed over the back of the nearest chair if no other place is designated for my clothes. Next comes the silk blouse and the automatic full body blush when the cool air hits my scarred flesh. I wasn't bothered by being half dressed in front of the men, hell Psyre had seen me wearing a bit less than this before and Shinji obviously saw me as nothing more than a research subject, but the shame at baring my scars was instinctual. Each time they were put on display it opened the door for the inevitable questions, questions I wasn't sure I could fully answer for either of the men present. Psyre had access to my file and could learn whatever he liked that way and Shinji knew part of the story from our first meeting, still that didn't mean there wouldn't be questions.

After my blouse joins the jacket I lift my eyes to the ceiling and wait for the science oriented male to stick his little info gatherers on my skin. I knew if I were to watch him do this I would run the risk of blushing again. Not being used to having men enter my personal space has rather large downsides. The only outward reaction I show as the electrodes are applied is a slight shudder each time the cool surface makes contact. Chewing at my bottom lip through most of it, I don't stop when he steps away and ask if there are any last questions. Since I am not sure exactly who he is addressing, I simply shake my head and wait for my instructions.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 11:12 pm

House Call Lexipost
My instructions come soon after and I proceed to display my telekinetic abilities on the fragile bear sitting peacefully in the chair. I reach out with my power and gently lift the bear from the seat. After enough time passes for the electrodes to gather what they need to, I begin to make the adorable stuffed toy fly around the room at varying speeds. There was only so much you could do with a bear without hurting it so when I had enjoyed myself enough I brought Ube-chan back to the chair with a feather light landing.

The student of science looked over his results for a few moments while Psyre finished his meal and answered a call that sounded rather important. After ending his call, my employer informed me that he needed to leave, a matter of personal business he claimed, and that I should stay here with Shinji to complete the battery of tests.

The battery of tests consisted mainly of trying out different abilities, both those gained through my demonic ordeal and those I had gained through my training sessions with Saito, at varying degrees of control and intensity until the scientist felt that he had more than enough data to compile a decent preliminary report for Psyre to look over.

After we were finished I was allowed to pull my clothes back on and bid the young man a good night full of research and analysis. As I left I gave him my work contact information so that he could send me the results as soon as he was able to organize them into clearly understandable figures. I also told him that I was almost certain he would be rewarded a significant grant to further his research based on Psyre's reaction and what little I could tell about the results I had already seen.

With all of that said I left his apartment and set out on my journey back home to the ivory tower. During the drive, I had considered calling Saito but figured he would be out making his demon hunting rounds and would not want to be bothered so instead I head home to yet another lonely night in my cavernous apartment.
369/4860
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

House Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Call   House Call Empty

Back to top Go down

House Call
Page 1 of 1