Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Guy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Iwamaru
Iwamaru

Male
Number of posts : 12
Rep! : 0
Registration date : 2009-09-21

New Guy Empty
PostSubject: New Guy   New Guy EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 3:57 am

Alright, so I haven't actually done any text based RPing for quite a while. As such, the idea of jumping in to this is kind of a pain in the ass. No actual idea where to begin, and no clue as to what form my character actually starts with[Onikonjou - Do I start off as an animal or human or what?]

I could use a bit of assistance, or perhaps a push along the right path. Anybody willing to help out with this can easily contact me via my hotmail at neo_genocide2001@hotmail.com. Thanks ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male
Number of posts : 884
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-06

New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guy   New Guy EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:14 am

Right on, welcome to the site.
An onikonjou is a demon spirit that can alternate between their animal and human form freely. You're starting off as an animal though, since all spirits start off as yokai. The Ascenscion quest is neccessary to upgrade to Onikonjou, little RP of 750 words, and thats when you got access to a human form.

But go ahead and slap on Onikonjou as your race either way when you make the bio, it'll save time and whatnot, just don't forget to do the Ascenscion quest.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guy   New Guy EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 10:27 am

m034
yo
sometimes it's easier to start your char w/someone instead of throwing up solos in the beginnin. ppl are good sources of getting start up ideas. there's a few ppl on the site w/clear directions where they're goin so you might want to hit them up. like i posted before, you dun really have to do the ascension quest... (link) but almost everyone does it, so it's good t'do to flesh out your char. you got an idea of what you kinda want your char to do?
welco
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guy   New Guy EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 10:48 am

How is it that he wouldn't have to do the ascension quest when both higher order spirits have Required: Ascension Quest listed right under their names?
Back to top Go down
Iwamaru
Iwamaru

Male

New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guy   New Guy EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:44 am

Blah, where the hell is Themeless when you need him. He WAS supposed to be teaching me this crap e.e

As for what I plan to do with my character, I have no clue really since this was all made on the fly. Didn't have much time to think of a background and shiz, just figured I'd work it out as I went along.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guy   New Guy EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:50 am

not the thread for this, but i posted Mon 15 Jun 2009 - 9:30
Quote :
@kyro & surreal: ya, i posted that you dun have to do the hito quest to start off a hito. no point in having hito on ur bio if ur not really a hito. possessions and hito's are bout the same. the main diff is that possessions have their own spec. techs. but then again, the tech thing is balanced b/c of the lack of mag3. the quests are bout the same to. in the beginnin i just wanted ppl to rp, so i didn't care if they started out at phase 2. kaz pointed out this makes both the hito and possession quests pointless, but i think you get exp for em or somethin. i might make the hito quest mandatory tho, since everyone's done it, but then i'd have to have all demons start off as yokai... that'd suck. no body wants to start off a yokai. i think the easiest thing to do is just let ppl start off w/any class in red and develop their char however they want to. lol, all that is to say "nah"
that's for now since i dun feel like changing anythin. i'll think about this more later.
since i was replyin to you, i figured you read it?...

it's not a matter of 'he'... more like "anyone." if your a yokai and you want to become a higher order, ya that quest is required. that's why it says required.

edit: if theme is showing you the ropes, then you oughta be good. he's normally around. good luck xD
:m044:
Back to top Go down
Iwamaru
Iwamaru

Male

New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guy   New Guy EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:54 am

Is it possible to just flesh out my character a little with interaction, and then possibly do the Ascension quest as some sort of flashback once I get myself back in to the RPing mood? Or would that be like some crazy break of the chain that would lead to chaos and possible destruction of the order of things as we know it o_o
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guy   New Guy EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:55 am

should be fine
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male
Number of posts : 884
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-06

New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guy   New Guy EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:19 pm

It's fine for the sake of RP.

IC in battles, your attributes will be Weak until you do that Ascenscion quest, though. Just a thought.
And don't completely forget about the quest, like Jesse did. I'll be sure to remind you though. >>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guy   New Guy Empty

Back to top Go down

New Guy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Introductions-
Jump to: