H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

This thread is for:
* custom techniques
* storyline characters
* stealing permits
* path related items
* overall, things that need to be approved

Make it clear what you're asking about and it shall be replied to. Just make sure to add all relevant information as well as a bio link.

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wotr.forumotion.com

AuthorMessage
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:40 pm

ah kool. i can get those added in. use existing swordmanship w/that. i'll see about gettin those added to a shop
Back to top Go down
Datorru
Veteran

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:59 pm

thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazakura
Respected Elder

Number of posts : 1880
Registration date : 2010-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:37 pm

for your enjoyment. Village names, elders and temples are included. Also a few points of interest. I believe there will be quests up to the suggestion board soon. If I feel like putting my ideas down after this. You owe me.

L8: Saichuushigai - The largest settlement located about 50 miles near the coast of the Endless Sea. A river runs from the sea to the heart of this city. This river is used for transportation to the sea and coastal villages. It is also a source of fresh water. The village leader is an elder named Gen Sai. The Temple of Light lies just north of the center of town.

I5: Caotang – A large farming and trade village. Almost everyone in this town is a farmer of some kind or another. They grow everything from peaches to rice, from cattle to sheep, and even beautiful young women. Every year, the town holds a competition for the best cattle, sheep, vegetables, and fruit. Also there is the beautiful sheep and shepherdess as their highlighted even. The town makes the best clothing and food on the market. They say that the well in the center of town was once full of magic before it dried up. The village elder is a middle age man by the name Hiroto Itsuki

E3: Veneza - The village of the Great Temple of Life. The High Priest, Shirou Shinjin, resides here to give blessings and lift up the prayers of the people of Sai City's past. People come from all over the area to pray here. There is also a large library of scrolls if one needs knowledge more than prayers. The village is supports the great temple with a few farms and livestock. Every year there is a celebration to accept new priests and priestess into the order. As well as the meeting between the High priest/priestess of the various temples. Much drinking and celebrating can be seen during this time. The village elder is an old pervert named, Osamu Hibiki.

D4: Nidalis - This is a smaller version of Caotang. They deal in strange and mystical items as well as information about demons. Although not many demons are seen in this time, the clan that runs this village keeps the most knowledge of them. They are the ancestors of the Sacred Hunters. The houses and shops can sometimes be found high in the trees with platforms and suspended bridges connecting them along with some that are built into the tree bases themselves. Priest and Priestess will sometimes come here to train to fight demons. The village has some of the only silk worms in the land. Their silk is very expensive though. The village elder is a man by the name of Hitogumi Ryo

T4: Tara Mura - This small village is located on the coast. They make their living by fishing. The smell of fish is pungent in this little hamlet. Huts make up this clan village with their leader, Mitsukuri Kinji, is a young man with a flirting streak a mile wide. In the village proper is one of the best sushi vendors in the land. A place called, The Cherry Blossom. It is a family owned business with Mitsukuri Ichiyo, Kinji's brother, running the family business.

V13: Hejar - The village of the desert tribes. Ore is mined here along with various other minerals both precious and common. A large wall made of sandstone protects the village. This in the heart of the nomad tribes. It is centered around an beautiful oasis. Many strange things can be seen and bought in this large village not found anywhere else. Their customs are rather unique. The village leader/Caliph is an older gentleman named Amir Heshin. He has 12 wives and many concubines. His heir is Rashied Heshin. There is a nice inn, the Desert Beetle, ran by a shady man named Malloc. It is said that he deals in illegal items. He carries a special whip that arcs with lightening whenever it strikes a person.

U9: Shima, isolated island - In the midst of a large lake lays an island paradise that is home to the Lin Kuei Clan. An isolated and secretive clan. The village itself is surrounded by low stone wall and the houses are made from wood and stone. Only one of the buildings is two floors high. The clan elder, Kano Lin Kuei, and his family live here. An invisible enchanted stone bridge connects the island to the mainland. The Ancient Temple of Time is located on the western end of the island. This temple is made from stone and well kept and cared for by the resident High Priestess.

Last edited by Jaenelle on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazakura
Respected Elder

Female
Rep! : 37

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:49 am

Temple NPCs

These are low level priests that have a few mystic powers as well as some martial training. They go by various names, monks, priests, caretakers. They are reliable and devote to their cause. And will protect the temple as well as their leaders with their lives.

Choose Four

Mystical Blast
Unique Weaponry
Ma Fighting
Bushido
Arrowarts
Daggerarts
Grappling
Heal
Refresh

Last edited by Jaenelle on Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:07 pm

To keep with the "more mystical than magical" theme, might I suggest swapping "Elemental Burst" for "Mystical Blast"...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazakura
Respected Elder

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:55 pm

good point. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:58 pm

Shin: I'll do all the RPing IC if/when the timeline returns, but how would I go about trying to acquire an ownership stake in Club Hype?
2) How much would it cost to just buy the club?
3) On the grid map... how many miles is it per square?

Question: Are we gonna have a map of Old World? Oh and Onitoshi too plz?

Ooooh, an idea... can I take regular crystals and imbue them with certain powers and sell them in Old World as PsiGems? The attacks will be nicknamed "Boom Balls" and they'll be considered explosives. Since there is a guy in the Desert Village that deals in more shady wares, he would be my contact/distributor. I figure it would be part of my training to become a Power Broker since he doesn't have much in the sense of formal instruction in Old World. I figure it might also be a way to keep some spirits out of trouble. ^_^

Now here's the best part... I don't want payment... I will trade it for different ores and stuff that they have in Hejar, the Desert Clan Village. Reason: I wanna see if these ore have special properties so that I can help them make cool stuff there. Why? Psyre is still trying to find a way to get into Onitoshi since he doesn't think it's the past, but an alternate realm, so he's hoping that one of the ores will be able to help him somehow. Will he succeed? No, but I figure some of them could have special properties like holds heat really well or actually stifles lightning, etc. Those can then be used to help them make useful stuff for the village. Also, I would be trying to use some of it to help them make weapons and armor and better architecture.

I figure, I'll tell you why I wanna do that, so that we can remove most of the back and forth and you can just find a problem. It would all be storyline and I would just need you or your appointed designee to approve the RPs that I do for this. It'll give me a fun way to incorporate Old World into my Power Broker Path without you having to tweak, change, or alter anything.

EDIT: One last thing about the village descriptions... I don't like the name of the island village leader... seriously, Kano is definitely not a leader name. In Mortal Kombat, he was a flunky and I don't know ANY cool people named Kano.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazakura
Respected Elder

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:14 pm

Kaz... that was my fault. I suck at names.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:18 am

Psi Prince wrote:
EDIT: One last thing about the village descriptions... I don't like the name of the island village leader... seriously, Kano is definitely not a leader name. In Mortal Kombat, he was a flunky and I don't know ANY cool people named Kano.
Still, it's not as gay as Darnell. That makes about the same amount of sense as being named "Damnron."

View user profile
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:25 am

Spiritual Arts Custom Request wrote:
Sahī Parāvartana (Perfect Reflection)
Having perfected the use of Grand Dispel and the Atma Visphota power, the kami, Lucia, teaches Psyre to truly perfect his defensive spiritual arts. The ability that she teaches him builds off of his ability with Grand Dispel, but instead of simply negating the magic, Psyre becomes able to reflect a magical ability back against its user at full power. As Psyre gets stronger with the ability, he is able to reflect stronger powers.
Requires: Grand Dispel & Atma Visphota
Effect: Reflects any magical ability back on its user; reflection based on level of control (Honed = up to Strong)
Drain: High

Note: Not all requirements currently met, but I want to go ahead and get this approved so that it can be included in the Dream Chronicle where the requirements are being met.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazakura
Respected Elder

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:59 pm

L8: Saichuushigai

I5: Caotang

E3: Veneza

D4: Nidalis

T4: Tara Mura

V13: Hejar

U9: Shima
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:04 am

Psi Prince wrote:
Spiritual Arts Custom Request wrote:
Having perfected the use of Grand Dispel and the Atma Visphota power, the kami, Lucia, teaches Psyre to truly perfect his defensive spiritual arts. The ability that she teaches him builds off of his ability with Grand Dispel, but instead of simply negating the magic, Psyre becomes able to reflect a magical ability back against its user at full power. As Psyre gets stronger with the ability, he is able to reflect stronger powers.
Effect: Reflects any magical ability back on its user; reflection based on level of control (Honed = up to Strong)

Note: Not all requirements currently met, but I want to go ahead and get this approved so that it can be included in the Dream Chronicle where the requirements are being met.

add in some restrictions
like the attack has to come w/in range of u before you can reflect it
so no auto reflects as soon as someone casts a spell
and some other stuff to make me not not like this a lil more

Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:04 am

good work, jen

Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:26 am

Three words for you: You, Owe, Me.

Anything else before I ask for my reward?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:34 am

Spiritual Arts Custom Request (revised) wrote:

Option 1
Effect: Reflects any magical ability back on its user; reflection strength based on level of control (Honed = up to Strong)
Proximity Restriction: Ability must come within a range of 5 feet per level of control in order to be reflected

Option 2
Effect: Reflects 50% dmg/effect + flat 5% "spiritual energy dmg" per level of control and channels a flat 10% per level of control into stamina
Proximity Restriction: Ability must come within a range of 5 feet per level of control to trigger this power
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazakura
Respected Elder

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:21 pm

Ok. Page three of this I did 7 descriptions for the past villages. 1 of which is already counted for TXP.
On page four are the pics for them.
Also came up with the NPC mystics

Now do I get my reward? Please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:55 am

Psi Prince wrote:
Spiritual Arts Custom Request (revised) wrote:

Option 1
Effect: Reflects any magical ability back on its user; reflection strength based on level of control (Honed = up to Strong)
Proximity Restriction: Ability must come within a range of 5 feet per level of control in order to be reflected

Option 2
Effect: Reflects 50% dmg/effect + flat 5% "spiritual energy dmg" per level of control and channels a flat 10% per level of control into stamina
Proximity Restriction: Ability must come within a range of 5 feet per level of control to trigger this power

Having perfected the use of Grand Dispel and the Atma Visphota power, the kami, Lucia, teaches Psyre to truly perfect his defensive spiritual arts. The ability that she teaches him builds off of his ability with Grand Dispel, but instead of simply negating the magic, Psyre becomes able to reflect a magical ability back against its user at full power just by looking at it, after identifying a magic attack on his personage. As Psyre gets stronger with the ability, he is able to reflect stronger powers. The magic attack must be en route to Psyre's body in order to successfully reflect.
Effect: Reflects any listed magical ability back on its user; reflection strength based on level of control (Honed = up to Strong)
Drain: Destructive

Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:56 am

jen you get 10 texp for your help
i'ma put you on staff soon so it'll just be your job like kaz and kyro xD

Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Now wait. I like the fee for services not salary. I'll get so screwed on the salary, Shin m003

And I got three kids to feed.

But if that's what you want me to do... m022 Then so be it, you are the ubershin

Last edited by Jaenelle on Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:09 pm

morning Tre,

Got a few things for you today.

1. What do these little buggers do in the past. Do they work? or do they need like a central server system to keep them online and working the right way.

2. Final Custom for Lightning Package

Grand Master : Lightning
- Allows the true master of lightning to be immune to its effects. This ability, once perfected, allows the master to eat [absorb] electricity to Recover Health and Stamina based on the strength of the ability.

3. I hit the 25,000 mark for my path before the last site event. Figured I should get started on that before time changes again and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:35 pm

Antifreke wrote:
morning Tre,

Got a few things for you today.

1. What do these little buggers do in the past. Do they work? or do they need like a central server system to keep them online and working the right way.

2. Final Custom for Lightning Package

- Allows the true master of lightning to be immune to its effects. This ability, once perfected, allows the master to eat [absorb] electricity to Recover Health and Stamina based on the strength of the ability.

3. I hit the 25,000 mark for my path before the last site event. Figured I should get started on that before time changes again and whatnot.
mornin sexeh,
1. they'll keep you from killin a human like a shock collar would a dog i guess, but the div won't be able to keep tabs on you or talk to you etc
2. do you have a tech to nullify lightning first?
3. whatcha mean?

Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:17 pm

1. Alrighty, I didnt know how they were powered or if they could be controlled without the DIV hq online
2. There isnt any tech to absorb elemental stuff. This tech would essentially do that.
3. I needed to get a checkpoint update from you at some point
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:58 pm

on second thought, would it be reasonable to be able to cast Lightning techs without using words once its perfected.

master of thunder and lightning : At perfected, the user has a perfect control of the energy inside his body, allowing him to use it at will. This ability will only effect the lightning package, giving the user an acute response to casting without using any incantation.

Also, was I conscious for the nanite injection, and know they are inside of me. I have discovered that I can not kill a human, so I know there is something wrong with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:54 pm

Who all would know about said injection? As a Captain would I have knowledge of this, or would the top brass keep this among themselves?

View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:22 pm

Last edited by яuиє on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:17 pm

ShinTre_Admin wrote:
Having perfected the use of Grand Dispel and the Atma Visphota power, the kami, Lucia, teaches Psyre to truly perfect his defensive spiritual arts. The ability that she teaches him builds off of his ability with Grand Dispel, but instead of simply negating the magic, Psyre becomes able to reflect a magical ability back against its user at full power just by looking at it, after identifying a magic attack on his personage. As Psyre gets stronger with the ability, he is able to reflect stronger powers. The magic attack must be en route to Psyre's body in order to successfully reflect.
Effect: Reflects any listed magical ability back on its user; reflection strength based on level of control (Honed = up to Strong)
Drain: Destructive

I accept. Can this be set with a per level duration mode?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:57 am

I don't meet the requirements for this just yet, but I would like to get this custom technique reviewed, revised, and ok'ed so when I do meet the requirements I can get it.

Quote :
Multi-Cast (Passive)
Package: Casting
Info: A passive ability that allows the person to cast and hold multiple spells at the same time. The user is also able to cast and hold multiples of the same spell if they choose.
Effect: Cast & Hold up to 1 Spell per level.
Drain: Medium

Also I was wondering if a Passive tech would count towards the required number that you need to make a custom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:12 am

@ ash - 1. they're powered off you xD 2. see below. 3. ok
Allows the true master of lightning to be immune to its effects. This ability, once perfected, allows the master to eat [absorb] magical electricity to Recover Health and Stamina based on the strength of the attack.
Effect: Recovers HP and Stamina = 5 x level of attack absorbed

(i.e. you get 25% HP/STA back when hit with a dev. lightning attack when perfected)

"on second thought, would it be reasonable to be able to cast Lightning techs without using words once its perfected. "
u'd need the casting package

"Also, was I conscious for the nanite injection"
nah

@ kyro: "Who all would know about said injection? As a Captain would I have knowledge of this, or would the top brass keep this among themselves?"
top brass

@ rune: see stealing page

@ psi: nah

@ rune: see technique question thread

Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:18 pm

Al righty, i discovered that I can not kill a human. I will get more information IC as the timeline goes on, and I continue to assist them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazakura
Respected Elder

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:03 pm

Ok.... Its wed. so here is my request...

http://wotr.forumotion.com/off-topic-and-ooc-f64/ideas-for-the-priesthood-in-the-past-t1337.htm#20496

The Order is done but for Rekoa. She can enter hers when she returns. I will work on the Grand Temple as we go onward. Just need for you to look over things as they stand and rule on the Notable NPCs on the temple of Time and the High Priest of the Temple of Light. These would be for site npcs and anyone looking to attack the temples and such. As well as someone to train characters in the past, or to interact with if Kazakura is somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:10 pm

tay

Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:47 am

All done and complete with pictures. The Holy Order of Light

http://wotr.forumotion.com/off-topic-and-ooc-f64/ideas-for-the-priesthood-in-the-past-t1337.htm

I would post the entire thing here, but it would clog up your board more so than my usually requests.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:05 am

Here is another custom tech I would like to get reviewed for when I meet the requirements.

Empathy
- Package: Psyche
- Info: A psyche type spell Nova has developed that allows him to effect the emotions and feelings of people. Nova is able to stimulate a wide variety of emotions and feelings with in people, ranging from things like anger and sadness to arousal and fear and may more.
- Effect: Effect peoples emtions and feelings.
- Drain: Medium per post held.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:53 am

oooo! that looks cool

Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:39 pm

Indeed.... There isn't anything that needs to be changed on it, is there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:16 pm

it's sunday already?

Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:16 pm

Was that "looks cool" for me or Rune?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:53 pm

яuиє wrote:
Here is another custom tech I would like to get reviewed for when I meet the requirements.

Empathy
- Package: Psyche
- Info: A psyche type spell Nova has developed that allows him to affect the emotions and feelings of people. Nova is able to stimulate a wide variety of emotions and feelings within people, ranging from anger and sadness to arousal, fear, and many more.
- Effect: Affect people's emtions and feelings.
- Drain: Medium per post held.

Question: What exactly does this do? Say I'm an NPC and you are able to make me angry. Does it trigger berserk where I'm uncontrollably angry or just make me wanna fight? If it can basically control emotions, this might be too powerful b/c it could basically be used to trigger multiple status effect with one ability.

Sad = Daze
Fear = Stun or Paralyzed
Arousal = Confused or Charm
Angry = Berserk
... and many more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:50 pm

Quote :
Ooc: That brings up a good question about how long Time Halt can last. Normally it’s an action per post at other sites, but we don’t have that here. Technically as it stands, 1 post equals however long someone can perform an action without being interrupted by someone else and since you cannot be interrupted during Timehalt, there’s really no reason to hold it for more than a post. Even though people say they cannot hold it for too long, there's no continual drain on it as well as no reason to hold it longer than a post. I’ll post up that question for clarification afterwards for future reference.
Rune and I had a fight where Timehalt was used and I realized there was no need to hold it longer than one post due to the fact that there is no time restriction on how long you can hold time. Effectively someone could enter the saga now and halt time for 25 years and then resume it as things stand, so long as it is detailed in their post. Not even grand dispel would be able to legitimately counter this. The amount of drain is irrelevant as it now stands, since this at perfected only reduces stamina a flat 25%; with a time affinity it would be 12.5%. Since this and a weapon (no actual weapon package needed) equals an autokill, perhaps this should be looked into. My suggestions would be:

... Have time halt last a matter of seconds for the person holding the spell, since time isn't halted for them.
or
... Have a set limit time can be halted plus a time resume clause for people/objects touched by someone or something not halted.

View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:08 am

You are true.... True, true... That does sound like a good way to put it.... Perhaps to help limit it, it must be held and thus has a constant drain?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:08 pm

@ jae - maybe u, maybe him. dunno. both are cool. yours got a thread tho, that i answered a while back so... no such thing as a silly question? lol.
@ psi - good question >.>
@ esc - kk, i'll look into tweakin it. i'll prolly have it last like 3s per lvl, or somethin like that. either that, or i can have it limited by movement. like you can pause time for 10 mins if you don't move, but if you move, then you reduce how long you can freeze time....
nah.. i'll prob just do the 3s per lvl... at max that'd be 15s, plus the 'if ur touched, your unfrozen' like reverse freeze tag. lemme think on it for a lil bit. if it comes up in the saga, i'll just say how i'll let it be used then unofficially.
@ run - nods. it's sunday, you can ask questions again, but dun abuse it or you'll be kazzed.
i dun get how a constant drain would help? you'd still have t'use it for more than 1 post to hold it. that'd add in an extra step on how long a post is and other stuff that aint compatible.

Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:20 pm

so boss, you gave us that beautiful map.

and forgot to give us a scale ratio. What is the distance of each little block.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:59 pm

Antifreke wrote:

Wouldn't it just be the same as the scale for the current map of Present/Future Yochi since they are the same place?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:44 pm

Psi Prince wrote:
Antifreke wrote:

Wouldn't it just be the same as the scale for the current map of Present/Future Yochi since they are the same place?
The city is 50 mile wide and long. The city takes up 10 grid blocks. 50 miles/10 = 5 miles per block.

This should probably be posted somewhere for the type of person who wouldn't know something like this.

View user profile
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle

Female
Number of posts : 2348
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:28 am

Crystalvision
The ability to produce a spherical vortex between their hands that is able to show them visual events occurring elsewhere.
Effect: monitoring range = 20 yd per level.

^I was just really sitting there and thinking about that technique and like what's the point of it, if the distance is let's you see is already within your normal sight range. Yeah I can understand there will be times I won't be able to see stuff because theres thing's in my way and all, but really I don't think using crystalvision in that sort of situation (in case i were ever in battle) would really matter since i would be rushed at by the opponents and i'm sure using crystalvision you'd have to stop and concentrate upon it to see. I really think the distance should be a lot farther being able to see miles away and all, cause really when this tech is perfect you got 100 yards to see from and thats like what... 300 ft and that's like looking down a football field. and really seems a bit weak for a seer's ability. I'm not saying you have to change it or anything, I just don't really see the point for it if I could already see the distance it gives. (of course not with full detail, but still can see down a football field.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Kaguyalover wrote:
Crystalvision
The ability to produce a spherical vortex between their hands that is able to show them visual events occurring elsewhere.

^I was just really sitting there and thinking about that technique and like what's the point of it, if the distance is let's you see is already within your normal sight range. Yeah I can understand there will be times I won't be able to see stuff because theres thing's in my way and all, but really I don't think using crystalvision in that sort of situation (in case i were ever in battle) would really matter since i would be rushed at by the opponents and i'm sure using crystalvision you'd have to stop and concentrate upon it to see. I really think the distance should be a lot farther being able to see miles away and all, cause really when this tech is perfect you got 100 yards to see from and thats like what... 300 ft and that's like looking down a football field. and really seems a bit weak for a seer's ability. I'm not saying you have to change it or anything, I just don't really see the point for it if I could already see the distance it gives. (of course not with full detail, but still can see down a football field.

The ability used to allow you to see up to a block away when Psyre was a Seer. It got reduced in the update. The being able to see thru walls isn't that big of a benefit b/c people rarely take into account the environment as it should. Miles might be a bit much for the site's setup, but returning it to a block might not be such a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:20 pm

Psi Prince wrote:
Kaguyalover wrote:
Crystalvision

The ability used to allow you to see up to a block away when Psyre was a Seer. It got reduced in the update. The being able to see thru walls isn't that big of a benefit b/c people rarely take into account the environment as it should. Miles might be a bit much for the site's setup, but returning it to a block might not be such a bad idea.

Well the whole thing about it, is using crystal vision during a fight is stupid and will most likely get you killed, unless by some god given choice you're given time too. why cant it be like wherever you can concentrate the vision too, even if it is between realms or just in the realm you're in, but too see wouldn't be like instantly seeing exactly where you want it to be. But it would take time to find spots unless like you visited that area already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:11 pm

Kaguyalover wrote:
Well the whole thing about it, is using crystal vision during a fight is stupid and will most likely get you killed, unless by some god given choice you're given time too. why cant it be like wherever you can concentrate the vision too, even if it is between realms or just in the realm you're in, but too see wouldn't be like instantly seeing exactly where you want it to be. But it would take time to find spots unless like you visited that area already.
Here is the easier way to get Shin to look at something. Write out the proposed revision or workings and let him take a look at it. If he likes it then he simply copies and pastes and if he doesn't, he'll probably tell you to make it a custom. That's my general experience anyway. I get what you're saying, but I don't think it's supposed to be a battle ability as it is a spying ability. It would be useful if trying to track someone or evade someone on the run/fly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:30 pm

Psi Prince wrote:
Kaguyalover wrote:
Here is the easier way to get Shin to look at something. Write out the proposed revision or workings and let him take a look at it. If he likes it then he simply copies and pastes and if he doesn't, he'll probably tell you to make it a custom. That's my general experience anyway. I get what you're saying, but I don't think it's supposed to be a battle ability as it is a spying ability. It would be useful if trying to track someone or evade someone on the run/fly.

Alright, I guess I'll do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:26 pm

@ sexy - see kyro & kaz
@ kaz - ya
@ kyro - double ya
@ kagu 1 - what's the point? if you dun need the tech, then dun learn it? think binoculars? ya, you can see 100 yards away, but not very good, rye? ppl look all tiny. you can't really make out what they're doing. the point of this tech aint for battle. the point is for spying/survellience, etc. if you've got a charrie that needs to get info on something legitly, then it's a good tech for that. i didn't really make it for battle purposes.

kaz wanted to use it to attack ppl telepathically from a block away while chillin in his penthouse. i think he found out he'd need a custom combine for that since it's not a passive tech. since you weren't askin me to change it, i hope this clears up what the tech is for.

@ kaz - miles not that bad. you can prob custom it out to cover the city so you're all witch like spying on everyone. but then there'd have to be some way to sense it/block it t'balance it out. ying yang nga!

@ kagu - o.o

@ kaz - my secret's revealed!

@ kagu! - don't feed her... chedder biscuits grampa!

Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern

Female
Number of posts : 336
Rep! : 0

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:22 pm

story line character
name: Arkaden (ark for short)
race: Woylf
Story: in my own little world, there was a powerful Yokai demi godess of the mooon, that died in a tragic but totally badass fight with an Oni. Arkaden is the reicarnation of the Yokai, with no memories of her former life.

Bio and details are here! http://wotr.forumotion.com/new-characters-f67/arkaden-head-started-t1418.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:28 am

Need a custom tech reviewed for approval pretty please.

Multi-Cast (Passive)
- Package: Casting
- Info: A passive ability that allows the person to cast and hold multiple spells at the same time. The user is also able to cast and hold multiples of the same spell if they choose.
- Effect: Cast & Hold up to 1 additional spell per level.
- Drain: None
**Note: The drain is simply the drain of additional spells being cast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazakura
Respected Elder

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:10 am

яuиє wrote:

- Drain: None
**Note: The drain is simply the drain of additional spells being cast.

I would think that it would cause extra strain on someone trying to hold multiple spells. Think of it like trying to concentrate on doing two tests at once. In order to do your best, you will expend more effort trying to do them both at once then separately.

There is the idea of that the spells being cast maybe not be as accurate.

Sorry if I stepped on any toes

Last edited by Jaenelle on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   

Back to top Go down

Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next