Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Defense

Go down 
AuthorMessage
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82
Registration date : 2009-01-02

The Defense Empty
PostSubject: The Defense   The Defense EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 4:04 pm

+ The Defense (Land Defender Quest)(Flashback)(---)(---)
---------
Ni'Dalis / Night

" This is the place Nicholi. " One of the soldiers said to me as he pointed to the village in front of us.. I look to the village and give a faint nod " I see.. ". The village its self was in bad shape, many of the buildings where burnt or
tore down and there was a make shift wall built around the village... " Halt. Who goes there? " one of the men standing at the gate said to me, though when he seen the other soldiers with me he slowly took a few steps back.. " We are soldiers of Engi and we where given orders to come give aid to this village. " I said as I looked at the man " We have gotten word that you have been under repeated attack. So I was assigned a unit and dispatched to give aid. " I added as I watched the man.
He nodded " Oh thank Engi. I shall fetch the Village Elder, please wait here. " The man said before he turned and went into the village, not waiting on a reply from me. I look around some as I wait.. We had not been told how bad and what kind of things were attacking this village, simply that it was under attack and we were to defend it... When I heard a voice speaking to me I drew my attention away from the village and looked at the Village Elder " Greetings soldiers of Engi. We are honored that Engi would send troops to protect our village. Please come in and make your selves at home in our village. " He said before he stepped aside. Once he stepped aside, I pulled on the rains to my mount and slowly the beast took me into the village, I was followed by a few troops, the rest staying out side the village for the moment.
As I went deeper into the village I looked around at everything.. The Village Elder followed beside me. " When are you expecting the next attack to occur? " I said as I looked to the Village Elder " At first, the attacks came at different times but when we got our defenses up, the culprits seem to wait until we are changing the guards to attack. At least that normally do that, some times they attack out of the blue, but always at a weak point in the village's defense.. " he said as he walked down the street. I nodded " I see. " I pulled on the rains and brought my mount to a stop before I brought a hand up and motioned for one of the soldiers to come closer. When he did, I looked down at him " I want the men to be put at key points around the defense wall. "
I look back to the Village Elder " You can have your militia take a break. We can handle the defense now. " I expected this to be a simple defense job, protect the village from an attack or two and then who ever was attacking would give up.. After we arrived, I had men set up around the village before we settled in for the time being. I figured that had seen us arrive and thus there attacks would come more stronger then the villagers had seen before. The attack came in the fading hours of light. At first a volley or two of arrows where fired upon one of the defenses then out of the woods a group of bandits charged.. I gave the signal and some of the archers I brought fired upon the bandits before I gave the next signal for the infantry to charge.
After my signal, the infantry charged, unfortunately I only had what you could say was a handful and they where scattered around the perimeter. I decided to join in the battle and grasped my shield before I gave charge with the infantry. I met one of the bandits and as he brought his battle axe down to strike me, I lifted my shield and using it to block the attack. His axe hit my shield and pinged off causing him to draw back from the recoil. As he was forced to draw back, I stepped forwards, bringing my sword up and thrust out and into his stomach with the blade. As my blade went into his stomach, I twisted it around some before pulling it back, allowing him to fall tot he ground before I moved onto another bandit. I clashed with a second bandit, this one wielding two weapons... He came in, attacking he swift and fiercely with his twin blades.
I brought my shield up and used it to block his attacks, holding the large hunk of metal in front of me. When he let up on his attacks, I thrust out with my shield, forcing him back before I went on the offensive. As I went on the offensive he began to block with his twin blades. I swung out with my sword but he blocked the attack. After he blocked, I followed through with a second attack which he blocked as well. After a bit of trial and error and more failed attacks and subsequent blocking on my part, I managed to get a hit in on the bandit. My first strike was followed by a second one, the second a killing blow.. After he was dead the bandits gave the word to retreat and what was left swiftly began to fall back into the forest.. I look around at the troops I had, seeing non had be lost during the battle... I give the word to fall back and we fall back into the village to regroup. We fell back into the village and I looked to the woods for a moment.. I wasn't sure if this was the last attack but for the night, I would have soldiers on guard..

OOC: Completed 1 Land Defender Quest.
Total WC: 1,031
Total PWC: 1,031
Total EXP: 0,516
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82
Registration date : 2009-01-02

The Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Defense   The Defense EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 4:12 pm

The Defense NicholiPostBanner
" What don't kill us only makes us stronger... "
+ The Defense (Land Defender Quest)(Flashback)(---)(---)
---------Ni'Dalis / Mid Day

I take another bite of bread as I read over the report I was handed. After the first attack yesterday, the bandits had became quiet. I had dispatched scouts into the forest to search for any signs of the bandits and where there base may be, but they had yet to return with any information. After reading over the report, I set it on the table. Not long after the attack yesterday I had the men set up camp, we were offered places in the village but I decided to decline and we had set up our own little camp at the village.. As I sit there eating my meal I hear someone yelling. Unable to understand what it as, I quickly get up and exit my tent, heading in the direction of the yelling. " There is someone out there sir! I see someone running out of the woods! " The soldier on duty said to my as he pointed out towards the woods.
I lifted my hand, giving the signal for the archers to get ready, as I looked out at what the soldier was pointing to.. There was a woman in raggedy cloths running from the woods towards the village " .. Hold your fire. " I say, lowering my hand as the woman runs to the village and collapses before me.. I looked down at the woman as the village elder ran over, kneeling next to her " Oh my. This is one of the girls that where taken during one of the raids. " He said as he held the woman a moment before he began to stand, helping her up " Come on child. Lets get you taken care of. " I stepped aside and watched as they began to walk off.. She must have gotten away, I will need to talk to her about what happened... I shifted my attention to the woods, watching and waiting... The bushes begin to move and out of the woods comes a group of bandits. They stroll out of the woods and stop, looking over at us.. I lift my arm and give the signal " Guards go take care of them... "
And with that, the guards at the post rush out after the bandits that had came into sight.. I watched as the guards engaged the bandits and made quick work of them before returning back to there posts. I watch the woods for a moment before I slowly turn and walk away. It was time to find out what the woman knew... I made my way to the village clinic, figuring that is where they would take the woman in order to treat any injury's. I was right, I found the woman, along with the Village Elder and some medical staff taking care of the woman... I walked over to them but paused for a moment before I spoke up
" .. I need to talk to the woman about what happened to her and the bandits. " I said as I looked at them... The Village Elder looked at me for a moment " Are you sure? She has been through a tough time. Couldn't it wait? " I shake my head faintly " It would be best if we spoke now. That way everything is still fresh in her memory. I would like you and the staff to leave the room so I may speak with her alone. " These were my orders, and like the soldiers under me, the Village Elder and staff did as I said and left the room, leaving me alone with the woman.. The woman looks at me as she takes a sip of her drink before setting the cup aside. I grab a seat and set down in front of her " So tell me. How did you escape? " First, I wanted to make sure she was not released from the camp and sent to spy on us.. She remained silent before she began to speak...
" ... It was earlier. The where untying me and going to take me to... spend time with one of the ones who lead... But I managed to escape- " Before she could really continue the door to the room burst open " Captain! We have a problem. Bandits are advancing towards the wall! " I growl lightly as I look back at the soldier " And? .... Can you not handle it? Cant you see I'm in the middle of gathering vital information? " The man looks at me " ... I just thought you might want to know sir... I wasn't sure if you wanted to come join the fighting... " I look to the woman and sigh lightly " I see.... " Slowly I rise from my seat " It looks like we will have to finish this after I am done taking care of this bandit problem... " I say before I turn and leave the room with the soldier. The Village Elder and nurse flooding the room again to check on the woman.
By the time I made it out of the building, I could already hear the sounds of the battle taking place.. I followed as the soldier lead me to the area where the battle was taking place. Once we arrived I looked at the battle for a moment before I took hold of my sword and unsheathed it, charging into battle with my men.. Once in battle, I clashed with one of the bandits and was locked into a duel with him. Our blades clashed, metal grinding on metal. I used my shield to knock the man back before delivering a swift killing blow, felling the man where he stood. Once he was out of my way, I moved onto the next bandit though by the time I had arrived much of the fighting had already been done, there were slim pickins you could say.. After I finished off a few more bandits, there were no more in sight and we returned back to the village..

OOC: Completed 1 Land Defender Quest.
Total WC: 1,040
Total PWC: 1,040
Total EXP: 0,520
Back to top Go down

The Defense
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: World Map (RP Boards) :: Al'Yak :: St. Crystalline-
Jump to: