Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Metal

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

The Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Metal   The Metal - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 2:43 am

First topic message reminder :

Another day, another sermon. The kami sat on the street curb and sighed, the last member of her congregation had departed after receiving some advice about her boyfriend who insisted on getting drunk and beating her every night, and the night had settled like some dark animal over the slums of the Commons.
In the alleyways, the darkness, she could hear the rustlings of wicked creatures... faint crunchings and hisses, hunters in the darkness looking for the homeless and others foolish enough to be out when the thick cover of night cloaked the eyes of any human witnesses and the police were more absent than usual.
The trailer was behind her, should she enter it, she could expect to spend the night unmolested. She couldn't detect any immediate threats, however, so she simply sat, absorbing the nasty air and reflecting over her time on Earth so far. She would have to add a praise and worship section to her sermon. She furrowed her brows in thought as she tried to recall one of the songs they used to sing in choir in heaven.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Themeless
Veteran

Number of posts : 884
Registration date : 2009-08-06

The Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Metal   The Metal - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 3:32 am

The oni held onto the kiss for a moment longer before removing his lips from her own, a sigh of content passing through them afterwards. He then snickered as his eyes came open to look at the woman before him. It was strange for him to find such a fascination in an angel, especially one that didn't put out. He figured he found other things about her that intrigued him, kept him interested. Not to mention she remained a valuable ally in the world where he chose no side but only continued to push forward fighting, growing stronger, all for his vision. The oni took a step back to allow Atilla her space, before speaking. "Did ya wanna head back to the city? Or would you wanna spend some more time out here?" He found himself not caring where he was, more interested in just keeping the company of this kamikonjou.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle

The Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Metal   The Metal - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 3:57 am

LittleMariko wrote:
The kami released the other when he released her, tilting her head to the side slightly and raising her long sleeves towards her chin. She'd been terribly forward tonight, but it didn't seem as though any offense had been taken at her behavior.
She looked over her shoulder towards the city. Her trailer was there... by itself... where she could spend a summer night alone...
Somehow it seemed more appealing to be out here in the woods with company. "I think... I would like to remain here a little while longer... is that ok?"
She wondered if he still only lived out here in the woods instead of in a house or apartment or some similar arrangement.
*Learned Tsunami
*Learned Kamitransformation
*Learned Myst
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran

The Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Metal   The Metal - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:14 pm

The Metal - Page 2 Immybox_01
"That's fine." Shou would comment back, before leaning back onto his heels. He would then allow himself to fall back against the soft grass of the fields, his gaze coming skywards as he layed back on the ground. He sighed lightly, rather exhausted from the battle as he had refused any healing the angel had offered. This way was better to maintain his image of strength, but he would have to recover normally now. Fortunately the sky had cleared up of the clouds that the kami's technique had seemed to conjure, and it allowed him better view of the stars and the curved nail moon.
The Metal - Page 2 Immybox_03
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

The Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Metal   The Metal - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:36 am

Settling immediately next to the other, the kami stretched and lay down next to him, not knowing of anything besides innocence in the gesture. "You seem tired, very tired. Have you been selling plenty of plants?"
The question had a vestige of concern in it, but was more of a conversation opener.
*Learned Tsunami
*Learned Myst
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male
Rep! : 20

The Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Metal   The Metal - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:41 am

"Heh.. that. Nah. I've moved onto better things." Shou stated as he crossed his arms behind his head to better comfort himself. "I guess that kind of work wasn't for me in the first place." The oni continued, before glancing towards the woman at his side from the corner of his eye. "What about you? How goes the preaching and whatnot? Still trying to save the human race, right?" Shou stated, almost teasingly with a snicker.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

The Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Metal   The Metal - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:52 am

The kami grinned broadly, a rare expression on her face. "It is going very well. The congregation is growing. I helped a man whose daughter had been killed in a demon attack, so his daughter and he have really been getting the word out. I should be able to afford a small building to preach in soon. It could double as a soup kitchen and women's shelter on the other six days of the week... I meant to ask you..."
She turned to face him, her brows furrowed. "I have heard they have something called 'hospitals' on this plane where the sick and the wounded go and lay in beds. Do you know where such a place would be?"
*Learned Tsunami
*Learned Myst
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

The Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Metal   The Metal - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:09 am

"Hospitals?" Shou thought about it, knowing what the place was and its intention to house the ill and injured, though he never really made it a point to locate one. It wasn't as if such a place would admit a demon like himself, anyways. "Can't say that I do." The oni answered, looking back up towards the sky. It was interesting to hear that the woman would be obtaining her own building at some point. Better off than he, it seemed, though Shou was certain he could obtain some sort of housing with this new position he was acquiring with the higher class sort of company. His thoughts came back to her interests in infirmaries, though, snickering as he might have guessed the intention; "Heh, you want to help those sick people or what?"

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

The Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Metal   The Metal - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:30 am

LittleMariko wrote:
The little angel nodded enthusiastically, the thoughts of all the people she could help during the week when she didn't preach filling her heart with warmth. People were always more grateful to God after he healed them of their infirmities. All in all, it was the fastest way for her to ensure fresh faces in her congregation.
"Yes... all of the sick and dying people. They tell me humans can not solve all ills. Do you have... any goals...?"
*Learned Tsunami
*Learned Myst
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

The Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Metal   The Metal - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:36 am

The Metal - Page 2 Immybox_01
Shou couldn't contain his chuckle. He simply closed his eyes with a smirk on his face as his vision would come through his thoughts once more. "I've said it before, right? We're opposites. If your goal is to help people.." The oni left the sentence alone as it trailed off, figuring the point would have been made with that. For now, he simply relaxed as he breathed out a deep sigh.
The Metal - Page 2 Immybox_03
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

The Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Metal   The Metal - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:40 am

Atilla sighed, troubled and unhappy with the statement, though it seemed casual enough. One's chosen target being a destructive force of nature who wanted to bring down an age old city for his own pleasure... well, it seemed like she should at least try to reach a compromise, as futile as such a prospect seemed.
Raising up a bit, she rolled over so her elbows were on his chest, the better to make eye contact. "I understand that you want to... destroy things, Takashou-sama, but perhaps there lay some deeper reasoning behind this impulse? Surely no human has wronged you at any point..."
*Learned Tsunami
*Learned Myst
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

The Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Metal   The Metal - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:52 am

The oni cracked an eye open to look to the angel that had propped herself onto his chest, coming to open the other as well as he gave her his attention. That sort of question was expected from someone who couldn't have possibly understood why he was the way he was. He would reply to her, "I only do the things I do because I want to. Heh, better than living a life of holding yourself back because the goodly teachings tell you to. You make it sound so wrong for someone to do what makes them happy. Only when I betray these feelings will there be a wrong." Shou simply shook his head afterwards. "You yourself hold back, don't you? How does that feel?"

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

The Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Metal   The Metal - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:14 am

The kami could hardly comprehend what he meant, restraint being such an integral part of her personality. It would be like asking a lake if it appreciated its dam. "Holding... back?" Her brow furrowed in thought, she was putting her best foot forward in trying to understand the perception of her the inquiry seemed to paint. "You are saying... that I must hold myself back in order to serve Bleaus," she concluded at length, the words coming slowly, as though each syllable were pieces of a puzzle she was putting into place. Honestly, self-control seemed a reflex now. She continued, gentle and ponderous. "The question you ask is complicated. You see, I wish to do this. Nobody is forcing me, Bleaus gives all of the kami beneath him free will, should I turn wild one day, wild I will be, but... I do not take pleasure in the pain of others, in the loathsome ash, in the faded memory, in the ruins of greatness. I take pleasure in peace. I take pleasure in wholeness, in the beauty of creation, in both what God builds and what people, who are but shades of the spirit, accomplish by imitation... sugar, beautiful buildings, art above all else... what is good, what is lovely, what is perfect... these things. Art and accomplishment comes from people not only living, but flourishing. The things that are pleasant to the eye and restful to the spirit come from a happy, healed nation. That is what I seek to propagate and protect in the humans. Does it pain you to silence a knowledge of what is beautiful long enough to destroy it? To look upon loveliness and by your own hand make it a horror and a tragedy? To mar perfection?"
*Learned Tsunami
*Learned Myst
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

The Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Metal   The Metal - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:21 am

Shou snickered lightly, simply closing his eyes once more, clearly showing he was losing interest in the matter as soon as Atilla had begun her little speech. "As I said. Complete opposites." He would state, as if it were answer enough to all the questions she offered him. It didn't bother him, though, as he had all ready stated and established as much earlier. "You can't understand me. And I can't understand you. We could agree to disagree." Shou suggested, chuckling softly, growing more tired with his eyes closed once more. "It's actually pretty surprising that I've come this far without doing something stupid that would have gotten myself killed.."

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

The Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Metal   The Metal - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 3:39 am

Atilla sighed, finding that unlike her he seemed a slippery eel to catch with this sort of rhetoric. Despite everything, her argument style was very confrontational, and it confused her a little to have someone so cleanly sidestep her questions.
Perhaps he didn't understand why he wanted to barbecue the city in the same way she supposed the sea eagle wasn't one hundred percent sure what sent him flying low after fish, or why the mountain goats needed to butt heads on a steep mountainside in spite of the fact that such fighting could easily send them both to their deaths over something. Rather, this want had to be some drive that would be vestigial in a modern, cooperative society, some outward manifestation of his carnivorous nature that exalts in suffering.
But her thoughts were beginning to run into one another, and her eyelids were getting heavy. "I am glad you haven't."
Resting her head on the demon's chest, she listened to the steady beat and closed her eyes, beginning to drift off.
*Learned Tsunami
*Learned Myst
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

The Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Metal   The Metal - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 5:12 am

Once more, an eye came to open to regard the kamikonjou as he felt her rest her head on his chest. The oni hadn't seriously considered sleeping out in the fields here, a little uncomfortable how open the lands around him were. He resigned at the sight of Atilla though, the peacefulness that reflected from her face silenced any protests he might have had. Resting his head back onto the grasses, he fell to sleep easily as it was much needed.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

The Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Metal   The Metal - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 1:39 am

Updated Atilla.
Back to top Go down