Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another Day

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Another Day   Another Day EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:07 pm

Another Day Nici_01
Back in the office, having enjoyed my brief escape from paperwork, I was greeted with the hogh pitched joyful squeals of my assistant. Needless to say the door was firmly shut to drown her out very soon after my arrival. She knew I had work to do and that I would only be able to do it without her interruptions. The most important papers had been seen to within the first hour, though I didn't let her know that. Now I was basically hiding in here, going through the everyday reports I had already read summaries of in the weekly scrolls. This was essentially killing time until I could escape for lunch. No plans had been made for the meal just yet, I could head into the city and visit one of the many taverns available, I could head home and have the servants prepare something, or I could even stay right here in the castle and join the advisors for their meal. My stomach was already rumbling as I thought about my options. I'd eaten breakfast before coming in, but just the mere thought of food was waking the sleeping beast that had become my stomach. No wonder I was warned about the tendancy of women to gain weight during their first year of marriage, if their stomachs had suddenly become as cavernous and demanding as mine, it would only make sense to gain the dreaded newlywed weight.

Another Day Nici_03
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:36 pm

Another Day Dar_01
The sun shines brightly overhead, illuminating the land of Al’Yak, more specifically, the merchant district of St. Crystalline. The region is crowded with bystanders, patrons and passersby. A large caravan in particular holds a canvas as a half roof with its end points held in place by two large wooden shafts, under which a merchant closes a sale. “Thank you, sir, you’ve made a wonderful purchase, and have a great day!” the merchant speaks to me as something is passed off and into my grasp. Glee fills my veins as I turn away from the merchant and allow the dark essence of the void shroud to cover my form. My body vanishes from that spatial location to deposit me into the realms of my wife’s office, a much different atmosphere. Having arriving directly in front of her desk; after making visual contact I shout out gleefully with her “magic beans!”

Another Day Dar_03
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 11:50 pm

Another Day Nici_01
I was in the middle of trying to quiet my rumbling stomach when my handsome husband appeared just in front of my desk. Opening my mouth to offer him a greeting, I am cut short by his announcement. Magic beans? Is that some new way of saying hello to your wife? For a span of heartbeats I can only look at my love and blink repeatedly, eventually I recover and take the bait. "Magic beans you say? Would you like to elaborate on that a bit? Give me a little more to work with?" Darius was eccentric if nothing else, which is one of the many things I love about him, I couldn't imagine this life ever getting old. Who knows, next week he could pop in and relay some far fetched story about climbing a huge plant stem into the clouds where an angry giant lives alone with no company other than an enchanted harp woman.

Another Day Nici_03
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 1:08 am

Another Day Dar_01
Ah! So I had drawn her in and she had taken the bait! My arm thrusts out towards her with my fist grasping at a small sack of cloth tied at the top with a leather string. A smug grin is on my face as I take a step towards her table and sit the sack down upon its top allowing it to rest there while placing both palms on the table and leaning forwards, “I just got the deal of a lifetime in the merchant district! This guy sold me a whole -sack- of magical beans for ONLY 5,000 gs! They are supposed to lead the way to great treasure and it was almost like fate brought him to me because he said that only someone of great might and power could possibly find the treasure that the beans create… or take you too… something like that…” The details were a bit fuzzy but, “…anyways, beans, here, magic, treasure!” I wondered if she would be impressed by my steal of a find.

Another Day Dar_03
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 1:21 am

Another Day Nici_01

Hiding my true reaction behind my hand, and choking back the peals of laughter threatening to escape, I looked to my husband with sparkling eyes full of mirth. Taking a deep breath, pushing away the giggles residing beneath the surface, I continue to play along. "Let me see if I got this right? A random merchant sold you a sack of beans that are supposed to lead only someone of great might and power to some never before heard of treasure? All of this, the beans and the treasure they lead to, for the low low price of 5,000 gold shillings? Sounds too good to be true. How many of these bean sacks did he have lying around? How many other people did you see buying them?" My questions were beginning to sound like someone who didn't believe the story the merchant was telling, which would technically be true because I was beginning to smell a rat in all of this, but since Darius seemed to have taken the bait; hook, line, and sinker; I couldn't really let him know I thought this guy was a fraud and that he'd just paid a lot of gold for the same beans he could get a pound of from any shop in the city for 4,999 less gold shillings. I would have to turn this around and let him think I was interested in this treasure, or at least the adventure to find it, plus I didn't want him going off in search of the treasure without me. "If he sold beans to ten other men that would mean we could have some competition for this hidden treasure. We need to know who our competition is and how to beat them, that is if you want to find this treasure of course."

300 / 696

Another Day Nici_03
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 8:27 pm

Another Day Dar_01
Her questions cause me to pause for a moment. Who cared about that other stuff? The other people were obviously not as fortunate as I was. “Well…” I begin as I look down and to the side trying to remember, “I only saw this one… but he had to give it to me and only me because he felt my magical strength and knew I was a great and mighty person. That’s what he said.” In my murmuring, her words are clarified as enlightenment comes to me. “That’s right… if there are others with the beans, they could already be at the treasure and working on taking it!…” That meant that we had to move fast. My gaze shifts to the bag as my hands move to the bag and I open it allowing three beans to roll out of it. I look at them and then look into the bag as I could have sworn more than three beans were in it. “Odd bag…” I murmur lightly. Shrugging it off, I move the bag to the side and look down at the beans to wait for them to open up the portal or do something magical like they should.

Another Day Dar_03
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 11:19 pm

Another Day Nici_01

That didn't go quite as I'd hoped, but at least he had opened up to the possibility that there might be other poor hapless souls out there who spent their life savings on a bag of... three beans? That whole bag only held three beans? Those beans should be the size of donkey balls and have pits of precious gems inside for the kind of money the merchant was asking for. I wonder if I could get my loving husband to take me to this merchant.... maybe if I could spin the situation in a way that would make him want to meet with the merchant again. Perhaps my chance had just presented itself. Seeing as how Darius was currently staring at the beans like he was waiting for them to jump up and dance a little jig in his palm, I decide to give it my best shot. "Did the bean merchant mention any sort of incantation you would need to activate the magic of the beans?" Oh my gods, I can't believe I'm actually sitting here talking about magic beans with my husband. "Maybe we should go back to the merchant and ask him how to turn these things on."

202 / 898

Another Day Nici_03

Last edited by Surreal SaDiablo on Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 11:47 pm

Another Day Dar_01
My gaze at the beans is cut off as I look up with Nicole’s question. She did have a point; the beans did not seem to be moving about or doing anything of the magical variety. I specifically remembered the merchant saying, “now in order to use the beans, you’ll have to…” and after that, things just kind of got cloudy as I thought mostly about how cool the beans were and what the possibilities were. He was using too many words anyways, if he needed to point out how to use something he should have either wrote it down or just come out and said it. With a nod, I agree, “okay, I’m sure he’s still there.” My hands move across the table to take up the beans and place them back in their sack before I stand and offer my hand for my love to come from around her desk and take hold if it. “I’ll take us there,” I offer using my stamina for the warp there. 693

Another Day Dar_03
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 12:28 am

Another Day Nici_01
Darius is an extremely powerful mage, he's a kind man, and he's a brave warrior; the gods know I love him more than anything else in this entire world but sometimes I really do worry about him. At least he was receptive to the idea of going back. "Alright, let's go find your merchant friend." Rising from my chair, I walk around the desk and take Darius's offered hand. If that charlatan had the cohones to stay in this city after duping my husband, he was about to rue the day he ever entered the gates of Saint Crystalline. Now that I think of it, how did he even get in the gates to begin with? Either he was untruthful when getting his entrance permission, came in on an approved ship, or he is a warp mage whom I have no way to regulate. Ok Nicole, calm down, maybe this guy had a resonable explanation. No need to go in half cocked and blast him before hearing what he has to say. What will the citizens think if their magistrate shows up in the merchant district and fires on a seemingly legit businessman without a word passing between them? No, I couldn't handle it that way, besides, Darius still believed the bastard. If that merchant had half a brain, which he would sort of need to pull the wool over the eyes of gullible citizens, he would be long gone before any of the men he duped told their wives what they had done and were marched right back to the spot so the wives could shove the magic beans right up the guy's ass.

275 / 1173
Another Day Nici_03
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 1:54 am

Another Day Dar_01
The connection between hands are made and the dark void shroud covers our forms as I warp my wife and I back to the place where I had just warped from only minutes earlier. We arrive with the sun of Al’Yak shining down upon us within the bounds of the bustling merchant district, amidst merchant carts rolling, people walking and vendors selling. Looking around my immediate area, I did not see the man whom I had previously encountered. A quick glance in the direction of the tent that he had set up shows that it is still there. “Ah, here is his tent,” I inform my companion, hand still in hand, as I give it a soft tug and make my way over to the side opened trade cart where I had first met the merchant. A larger fellow, much unlike the man who sold me the beans, seemed to be looking about the area slightly confused murmuring, “I thought I packed this place up for lunch…” Speaking out to him, I welcome, “good morrow, sir! Is the merchant of this cart here?” The man there look up to me, having gained his attention, seemingly confused at my words and answers, “this is my cart…” With a look on confuzzlement, I murmur, “that’s odd… does anyone else help you?” The merchant shrugs, “my wife… but she’s not working here today…” 923

Another Day Dar_03
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 2:20 am

Another Day Nici_01

After the short warp to the merchant district, with my hand still held in his, Darius leads me to the cart where he encountered the charlatan. Upon our arrival I see a merchant looking over his wares in a confounded manner. It only takes a few seconds of conversation for me to realize that the vile fraud had fled the area, probably the instant my adorable, yet gullible, husband handed over the bag of shillings. "Confounded and damnation! That sneaky little tripe, if I ever come across him I swear I will gut him like the slimy fish he is!" Oops, maybe the gist of that could have been conveyed in a more diplomatic manner. Casting the cart's true owner an apologetic glance, while reaching out to place a few shillings in his hand, for his trouble and information of course, I take a breath and calm my emotions then turn to Darius with a new, almost hopeless, expression. "How are we ever going to find out what to do to make the beans work? I'm sorry my love, we might never see that beautiful treasure now."

187 / 1360
Another Day Nici_03
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:15 am

Another Day Dar_01
In a blinking manner, my attention turns back to Nicole when she makes her statement. Wow. A weak smile comes across my face as I look down slightly. I suppose I could show her what he looked like via my new ability, if it even worked like that? But then again, I forgot what the man looked like, so that would rule out that option. Either way, the merchant is no longer important so my focus remains on Nicole as I share with her our current lament before it strikes me. “Wait, I know how to make the beans work!” I say. It was painfully obvious. I grin and perk up, “beans are for planting! Obviously if we plant them, then they will grow!” Such a simple answer had to be the way. 1056

Another Day Dar_03
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 6:06 am

Another Day Nici_01

Obviously." I continue to watch my husband through his brilliant idea, fighting back a smile the entire time. When he finally spoke of his plan, my first word was lacking his same level of excitement, but I quickly corrected my error and perked up to match him. "Alright then, where should we plant them? Should we just plant one to begin with and see if it works, just in case something happens. We don't want to lose all three or mess them all up." For some reason I was beginning to think that this was shaping up to be a very long day.
103 / 1463

Another Day Nici_03
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 3:11 am

Another Day Dar_01
Considering her words, I draw away from the merchant after a soft murmuring thanks of his help, though not much help was given other than the fact that we knew that the male I was seeking was not at his booth. Moving away from the merchant cart, I enter into the main street of the area slowly to assure that Nicole was walking with me, pausing if she were not ready to move on. “We could plant one in the front yard?” I suggest wondering if we should head back to our estate. There should be enough room there to plant something, and it wouldn’t be outright in the middle of the street we were in. “Should we head back for now, or attempt to search a bit more for the man. After looking around, I fear he may be on lunch break or something similar as I do not see him.” 1208

Another Day Dar_03
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:04 am

Another Day Nici_01

"I think there's room at the edge of the garden, on the south corner of the property. That way it wouldn't be disturbed by any of the staff or visitors while it is growing. " And it wouldn't be an eyesore in front of our home, but I kept that part to myself for now. As for the next part, I turn to look at him for a moment,wondering if he was really that naive? Deciding that he just migt be, I shrug slightly. "It's up to you. We can look for him a bit longer, in case he is gone to lunch, but he may have sold all of his beans and gone home by now. Did he seem at all unsavory or shady?" The man was a former thief, that alone should make him too smart to be swindled like this. If he didn't sense anything off about the merchant, the man must be a master at his craft.
159 / 1622

Another Day Nici_03
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:04 am

Another Day Dar_01
Thinking over her question of whether or not he seemed unsavory, I figure that the merchant had seemed like a nice enough guy. He had complimented my strength and could tell I was strong. People don’t just flatter you in order to sell… wait… aw crap. With a soft sigh, I give another look around the area. So that was it; but as a former thief I did know that there was a little bit of truth in every lie. The beans might be magical, just the return policy might be bad. I wouldn’t give up since I had actually felt a bit of magical resonance from the beans themselves. With a nod to Nicole, I agree, “we can go. I think I remember that place. Perhaps we should go and plant the seeds now.” With a grin, I tease, “since I warped us here, its your turn.” 1356

Another Day Dar_03
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:25 am

Another Day Nici_01

Watching the expressions on his handsome face as he considers my last question I think for a moment that he might change his mind about the merchant, but then when he answers it sounds like he's still convinced the beans will work. I nod when he says we can go and then put on a look of pained shock as he informs me that it is my turn to handle the technical aspects of our magical travel. "And so the honeymoon ends..." Cracking a smile as my words taper off, I offer my hand and begin calling on the void to take us home, well outside our home at least, the garden being my chosen image.
116 / 1738

Another Day Nici_03
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 8:33 pm

Another Day Dar_01
As the hand is offered, I take it and soon we are whisked away due to her magical powers. When we come out of the void shroud, I find myself looking around our front yard. My gaze shifts to the area that she had mentioned would be a good place for the beans. “Ah, there,” I smile as I begin to make my way through it across the lawn. Normally it was well maintained, so generally it probably wasn’t for walking on, but of course, small things like that would escape my realm of thinking. Hopefully my muse would walk with me as I made my way to the area and once there, I would give her a glance and ask, “here?” 1478

Another Day Dar_03
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 9:16 pm

Another Day Nici_01

"Seems like as good a spot as any." I say as my steps bring me to a stop alongside my adventurous companion. The area he'd chosen to plant his seed was far enough from the house that any wild roots shouldn't affect the stone foundation, nor should they be close enough to the rose bushes to choke out their nutrient source. Of course I didn't say anything about his trampling across the lawn, I don't generaly mind people walking over the grass, in fact I feel that the gods blanketed our world with the plush green precisely for that purpose. If we weren't meant to enjoy the grass, then the world should have been covered with only dirt. Continuing the conversation, I wonder aloud, "Should I go get a spade or something from the ground crew?"
136 / 1874

Another Day Nici_03
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 2:56 am

“No, need,” I assure her as she asks if she should get a spade while reminding, “…earth mage.” Looking around the area, I think back to the vague instructions that were given to me by the merchant. “Triangle…” I murmur lightly as I crouch and look over the area that I would be planting. The seeds were in the bag held by my hand with my arm resting across my legs as my other hand hovers over the ground for a moment before I stand up. “Okay, let’s try this out like the merchant said and maybe I can set this up!” I didn’t know what exactly I would be setting up, but I had a vague idea on how to go about it. “Hun can you stand here,” I say pointing to a central spot in the general area in front of me where we would plant the seeds.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 5:06 pm

"Ah, of course." How could I forget that his magic abilities come in handy in almost any situation, including when digging a hole to plant some supposedly magic beans. I watch as he studies the area while murmuring to himself. This was his deal, I was just here to watch... or to stand in as some sort of marker for the spot he's chosen. Moving to stand where directed, I wait for either more directions to come or for the action to begin. I just hope his earth moving isn't careless enough to douse me with dirt.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 12:31 am

”Okay,” my voice lingers on, “now let’s pretend you are a center point. Now I can easily make a triangle…” My speaking is kind of to myself and low in tone as I move about her slender frame as she stands obediently. Crouching to one side, I place a bean down and sit it on the ground, then I move to her other side doing the same before moving to her rear and finally doing it. “So it would be about that size if it were to be placed around a person…” I murmur to myself a bit more. “Ah, now dirt!” I add as I stand and raise my hands causing mounds to cover the small beans. As soon as that happens, a large force repels me back as a column of energy lifts up on my wife’s position. The large column of energy vanishes as quickly as it appears and I behold that Nicole is no longer there. “Um…” I murmur for a moment as I sit on my rear, having been displaced as I look towards her previous position. “Uh-oh…” I say lightly before my voice raises, “uh-oh!” I look around left and right repeating, “uh-oh! Uh-oh!” Where was she? “Nicole!” I call out, and then lower my voice. “Okay…” I say to myself attempting to calm my rising anxiousness, “don’t freak out… Nicole will probably warp right back if I sent her somewhere…” I wait for a moment, “yeah… she’ll be right back…”

Exit RP
Ooc: I’ll start up the SIMRP and link you to it.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 4:06 am

A triangle? I thought he said he didn't get directions from the merchant? I suppose he didn't remember them at the time or he could just be flying by the seat of his pants to avoid appearing like some gullible fool. Whatever the case, I stand still in my place watching as he positions the beans on the ground. As he starts to cover them with dirt, I finally voice my doubt. "Are you sure this is what you're suppos..." The chance to finish my thought is taken away as an unknown force engulfs my body. Just as the scene of my home and husband is taken away I can only think to myself something along the lines of 'holy shit, the magic beans are real and he made them work.' 131 / 2102

ooc: Ok.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: World Map (RP Boards) :: Al'Yak :: St. Crystalline-
Jump to: