Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sad But True

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Sad But True Empty
PostSubject: Sad But True   Sad But True EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 12:19 am

Another successful service, but... it felt like she'd been preaching to herself the entire time. Resisting the impulse to do evil... something disturbed her. The memory hadn't been connected to anything else, no, it just popped up suddenly. She had an image of her hands after she healed Shou stuck in her head. She'd healed him with her right hand, indeed, she was right-handed, but her left hand had blood on it as well, and it wasn't hers.
It was probably just her mind, she'd decided at length, settling down in her trailer and resolving to find a nice ring for her fiance' in the morning... maybe a wedding gift too if she could afford it. Her eyelids grew heavy as she looked at the roof of her trailer. "Father Bleaus..." she whispered into the empty air above her. "Thank you for my new husband, as only you can change the heart. I appreciate your faithfulness, longsuffering, mercy, grace, goodness, and kindness towards me and Shou, and I pray that you'll bless our marriage. I will be sure to give you the praise, the honor, and the glory, forever and ever, Amen."
It was shorter than her usual prayer. Ordinarily she went through a laundry list of everyone she'd met and remembered since she'd been on yochi, praying for their health, safety, and eventual salvation, but since it was a church day, she felt she'd already petitioned Bleaus's throne enough. The newly formed Melrose Mass Choir had attracted attention and extra dollars from passerby's. After she'd given her tithes and allocated the funds to some of the less fortunate parish members, she put a bit of the money away for her own support and to buy a present for her lover.
As she wondered what that man was doing tonight, her consciousness began to fade out.
"Heh."
The sound was at once deeply unsettling and frightening on a surface level, despite its brevity, and she sat up at once, whispering into the darkness, "Who's there?"
A different room greeted her eyes, a dark one with swirling mist maintaining a rough circle about where she lay. Beyond that, only darkness. Her sheets and covers were gone, replaced by the black mist that gradually rolled away to join the larger mass swirling off in the distance. "Who's there?" she repeated the question a little bit louder.
Suddenly, a spotlight switched on before her eyes, seeming to come from some unestablished point in what she could now see was a black ceiling and ending in a circle about a silver throne where a despondent figure sat, bored, his head propped up by his elbow. He seemed oddly familiar for several reasons: first of all his form, though humanoid, had distinctly rodent parts. His feet were wrapped tightly like hers in red bandages, and were very much rat paws, down to the claws that glinted dully in the new light. His chest had black hair on it, thick hair, though his form was slim. He had a necklace made of red beads and teeth that echoed her own rosary, and he had a number of silver earrings like hers, highly polished, four of them. Besides that, he had a lengthy, naked, black tail with a pale peachy latter fourth. Unlike her, however, he had horns and a slim, muscular form and many scars, including one over his eye that mirrored the red mark she had over her own eye when she was in rat form. Though he was a man except for his tail and clawed hands and feet, he was only wearing an open, red silk robe, leaving him offensively nakked, but he didn't seem to care. His other hand held a cup that he looked at with his horrifying, red eyes. "I'm your dream..." his voice was abrasive and deep and caused the mouse kami to crouch where she lay. "...make you real. I'm your pain when you can't feel. Sad but true. We used to like rock music, didn't we?"
The kami grew defensive, flattening her ears against her head though the figure made no motion more aggressive than a disinterested swig from his cup. He felt so amazingly evil, and his overall demeanor did nothing to disprove her feelings. "You are a devil."
The figure laughed, his cruel, yellow teeth flashing in the empty light. "You would call yourself a devil? Tsk, tsk. At least you would admit it. Those retarded people you know call you an angel just 'cause you're nice to them."
Atilla grew both frightened and angry at once, bursting out. "Liar! What is your name?"
"Atilla, but you can call me King Rat," he said smoothly, turning his scarlet gaze on the mouse before him. Speechless, the good spirit lay there, as though hypnotized. "What? I'm guessing you remember now? You already know me. Those fuckers in the clouds beat it into your little skull that I'd been put away where you could never talk to me again, the true owner of this consciousness. You're just a puppet they put in to use my power." He took another gulp from the cup. "Bah, fuck them. I earned this strength fair and square."
"How did you get out?" the female interrupted, her tone filled with despair, feeling defeated before the battle even started. She was likely to lose herself if she'd messed up badly enough to see him again.
The rat creature lowered his cup, his mouth rimmed in red crust. "Simple, you let me out. Didn't you wonder why the sky faggots wouldn't give you permission to leave? All the stuff they taught you up there's not applicable down here. They knew your little goody-two-shoes ass would break and when it did, well, I've been sitting here all this time, haven't I?"
The kami gathered all of her resolve, all of her desire to stand against evil, even her own, and stepped forward. "I am not broken," she declared firmly.
King Rat stood up, tossing the cup to shatter on the ground. "Yea, I guess yer right you little whore. If you were, I could've ate that little boyfriend of yours, huh? You really think those weak little fucks that were sniffing him could've beat him up that bad?"
The lights in the area suddenly widened, and it was as though they were standing, staring at each other across a floor of the blackest glass. She could see a solid memory before her, the one she loved pale and covered in his own blood, grevous wounds threatening to usher him in to the next world. "You!" she hissed, suddenly running at the evil before her.
Not sure how it happened, she found herself up against one of the black walls, in her human form, underdressed much like her male doppleganger before her who now had his hand around her throat. He was much stronger than her physically, she found, and no effort of will could dislodge his claws as she gasped and struggled, his body pressed uncomfortably up against hers. "You, you. Don't try to separate us, whore. You were lusting over him all by yourself. I wasn't anywhere to be found, but now that I'm here you want to say I did everything. No, when your little pussy got wet looking at him, you opened the door a little bit. When you blamed him for it and wanted to kill him, you opened the door a little bit more. Now you want to tell other people to be good and not even admit to your own evil, the evil who is the real you. Well guess what, Princess, here I am, and if I remember that shit you read correctly, hypocracy is one of the worst sins."
The woman kicked out at her aggressor, who kicked back rather harshly. She could hear the splintering of her shin and she winced, closing her eyes.
"Did you know I was awake all this time?" the rat man growled on, uncaring. "Every time you said you loved Bleaus, who I hate, every time you were good to someone you should've eaten, every time you backed down from a fight, every time you helped one of those stupid, self-important little shits... it was disgusting to watch. You know what? I'm not going to kill you. I'm going to lock you up the way I was locked up. Front row seats, you'll get to see us eat every single last one of those lifeless losers you invite to the corner every Sunday, and we'll eat that cat you seem so fond of. I'll let us get a good hard look at his face too, it ain't gonna be quick." His grip tightened. "How does that sound, bitch?" The pain was indescribable. The kami gasped, finally relooking at her surroundings and finding they'd changed. Now she was against a large rock on a reddish mountain. Rivers of fire flowed from that mountain, and she recognized it, but not from the stories she'd been told as a student in the temple. Everything... the red mist... the runes floating about in the air... the damned who wailed... the corpses floating in the river of fire, their human forms being dissolved to give way to the runic spirits... the brimstone floor... "You remember it don't you? The power... the pleasures I used to have before they split our spirit and you came along... It's not a secret any more Princess. I know you. We aren't happier now than we were back then, and now you know that too... heh..." He smiled, a cruel, remorseless display of teeth. "Our memories are synced now, so I guess we really are the same spirit now."
Suddenly, his angry manner melted away and he let her go, allowing her to hit the floor on her injured leg. He began to walk away, his tail lashing about dangerously "Think about it, whore."
Those were his parting words before he disappeared into the red mists of the area.
Atilla now sat there, in her rat form, feeling as though she'd just woken up and blinking her golden eyes dumbly at the quite frankly terrifying landscape. Her leg was ok, and a demon opened a door in the rock, spouting profanities about the amount of noise that the kami was keeping up.
Meekly, she bowed her head and immediately began to back off, "I am sorry, sir..." she said to the horned individual. "I have no idea where I am..."
He frowned. "A kami? Here?" He sniffed twice. "And not a very strong one at that."
Somehow she felt any moment something was going to jump out and try to eat her. Perhaps it was her memories of the forests that made her believe so. "I am sorry again, do you know how to get back to Yochi?"
The devil squinted, as though there were something preventing him from simply bashing in his apparent enemy's head. "I'm headed there in an hour or so, but it ain't gonna be free, especially for you."
She walked into the demon's abode shyly, feeling that somehow she could trust him, but still quite afraid. "Are you... The Dark Smith by any chance?"
The devil was working at a forge apparently powered by the lava and wiped some sweat from his sooty brow. "Yea. Don't tell me they let you types come down here on shopping trips now."
She seated herself uncomfortably, far away from the boiling forge. "No... it's just... does King Rat mean anything to you?"
He held up a glowing piece of metal as though to discern it's shape before folding it back over itself. "Yea it does. Great guy, used to buy all sorts of equipment from me. Went topside looking to take over the world or something and never came back. You favor him a little. You his kid or something?"
That man would probably never believe her if she told him the truth, but it was an identity she'd rejected anyways. "A relative..." was the vague reply.
"It's none of my business. I guess that explains some stuff, though. Why don't you look around for something you like? I'm not helping you get topside for free."
At the far end of the store, a glass counter beneath which were displayed all sorts of jewelry stood. It was in front of a weapon's rack, so she was conveniently able to view both sorts of goods. A ring caught her eye... mainly because it had some sort of a red gemstone in the middle. Deciding in her mind she would buy that, she turned her attention to the weapon's rack. There was a blade there, and it seemed to call out to her. It was one of those subconscious memories. Back in the day, her oni self had a long tail with the very same make and model of blade on the end, and he used to use it as his primary war weapon. "Tell me, Oni-sama, how much does that cost?"
"Huh?" the ogre looked up from his work. "Oh, that. Heh, that used to belong to Atilla. He left it before he went topside oddly enough. One of his chicks pawned it off here. You really want it? You'll have to be fitted..."
She took another look at it, feeling as though she couldn't help but purchase the thing. "Yes."

2,231 words
Reward: [ -$3,000 | Brimstone Ring | Tailmayze | 2,231 exp ]
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male
Number of posts : 884
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Sad But True Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad But True   Sad But True EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 11:04 pm