Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion Empty
PostSubject: The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion   The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:12 am

There is a silence that fills the room as everyone had just relived a glorious, painful, and hopeful past to return to the present with the "rebirth" of their new Prince. One of the robed commanders of the Order lifts my body into his arms and Kiryn asks about the remaining female White Wing. Leros looks over at her and Monare smirks, "If he is anything like his father, she will provide... other uses to him while he continues to gain his strength. No one can know that we have purged his human essence to awaken his Dark Kami blood. While he is in this weakened state, we must protect him all the more." Leros turns to Kiryn. "As much as I hate to admit it, I have not the strength to stand guard, so I need you to ensure that no harm comes to your young cousin. Increase the patrols and ensure that no harm can come to him. There is much that Monare and I must discuss with you for you to fully understand why you have never known about your heritage." Kiryn shakes his head and chuckles, "Headmaster, if there is one thing that the events I saw have told and taught me, it is that your loyalty is never to be questioned. I have always known the love you both bear for Prince Quinto and now I see why. You two were the best parents I could have asked for as you made me strong and self-sufficient and you broke me of physical pain and fear while teaching me to be a man of principle and respect. You never lied to me either. It does explain the reaction that I got when I first discovered my true form as a Dark Kami. There was so much fear yet happiness. Mularis will be happy to know that he has a new pupil to begin training." Leros nods and tells Kiryn that when I am strong enough, he wants Kiryn to train me personally. Kiryn agrees and asks Monare to select a Shyr Beis to be in charge of my "training" and she tells him that she will handle that herself just as she did with Kiryn. Monare envelopes all of them in a void portal back to the Courtyard.

My body is concealed in robes since I am still in my true form. The Shyr Beis deal with the bodies of the captured white wings. Order Guards are placed outside of my father's chambers and the Shyr Beis finish preparing the room for the arrival of my body. They are sent out and only Kiryn, two High Guardians and the young Mistress Zilana, who led the retrieval of my body and used her blood to help awaken me, remain with two of her most loyal sisters. While I am laying here unconscious, my body slowly takes on its more humanoid form. My hair is very long and white. The grizzled facial hair that had grown during my months of being trapped in the forest is finally gone. My facial structure is noticeably different, but still quite attractive. That's all that matters.

After about six hours or so, I stir from my slumber and groan as I stretch out my new humanoid form for what feels like the first time. Zilana walks over to my bed and asks how I am feeling. Looking around at each of them, I notice that the other two Mistresses bear similar rank insignia, but she is the only one in the traditional leather that I remember from the memories... my eyes close trying to escape from the pain of one memory that I so desperately wish to escape... "Father..." I am still speaking telepathically only, which is very annoying. "Why can't I speak?!" The doors to the chamber open and everyone leaves. Two slightly older demons walk in and look at me. My head starts to hurt as my vision flickers between two sets of images. Leros speaks first, "You must focus, my Prince. Your strength has not been fully rejuvenated yet, so you do not wish to strain yourself. I am..." I interrupt him as my vision settles in the current proper views, "You are Leros, Leader of the Order of the Volos Castai. She is Monare, Matriarch of the Shyr Beis. I know who you are already. I cannot speak with my voice! Why... NOT?!" I telekinetically push out in all directions and Monare shakes her head as Leros chuckles, "I wonder if your father had a temper like this when he was a young kami trying to understand the expanding powers of his mind." Monare continues where he left off, "Psyre, you are still recovering from the strain of having to give form to your Dark Kami essence. Do not worry, you will have your verbal voice back soon enough. For now, why don't you rejoice in the fact that the strength of your mind is growing. Our ally at the Manticore Compound tells me that you were previously unable to speak with your mind. Now you can." I look at her, but say nothing.

I struggle for a moment as I force myself out of bed and I walk towards the bathing room. Once inside, there is a viewing orb for me to be able to see myself and a mental roar is released as I find that my visage is not my own. Storming out of the bathing room ignoring the pain it causes, I inquire of them, "What have you done to me?! What happened to my body?!" The door opens and one of the Shyr Beis protectors of the Matriarch charges inside with her Leiga at the ready. I look at her and try to launch her across the room with my telekinesis, but she is merely pushed back. I look down at my hands and the Shyr Beis protector dashes at me. I look at her trying to figure out how to defend against her when my instincts take over and as she goes to strike me, I am unable to stop her and the Leiga connects with my abdomen. The pain that surges thru my body reminds me of the blessed runes that were placed on me and I fall to my knees. As my body makes its way towards the ground, I grab her arm and she vanishes from sight. Moments later, she is seen hanging on the wall impaled by two mounted tusks. On the ground, I gasp for air and look at the two of them. Monare looks outside then back at me with a nod, "Definitely your father's son..."

Monare points at the protector and her body reappears at my feet while she is still bleeding. The Shyr Beis protector looks up at me as I rise back to my feet. She forces herself to move into a kneeling position. "Command me and I shall take my life, my Prince." I kneel down and smile at her. Speaking into her mind I reply, "And why would I waste years of training for you to do something like that? Then again... you did attack your Prince, didn't you?" My mind slowly invades her own as my words dance around in her head. "Would you kill for me?" She nods. "Would you die for me?" She nods. "Is there anyone whom you honor and obey above me?" I look at Monare as I say this with a grin on my face. The protector shakes her head and responds, "There is no one above you, my Prince. The Shyr Beis serve you and only you." I smile and tell her to go and get that wound healed up and then to have some food and bloodwyne brought to me. She nods and I tell her that I hope she doesn't bring food that I dislike. She leaves and closes the door and when the power of Influence drops, so do I.

The Matriarch walks over and looks down at me. "No Prince of mine would have such pathetic control over his own powers. Weakened state or not, you are not worthy of my time." She pulls out one of her Leiga rods and prods me with it. Mentally, my screams of pain are heard for at least 30 feet in all directions. Monare kicks me in my ribs and I slide across the floor. "You don't even deserve to be in my Master's room!" My body is telekinetically thrown out of the room. Leros shakes his head and walks out as Mularis is approaching the room. He speaks to bearded warrior, "I swear I am getting too old for this. Make sure she doesn't get carried away. We don't have enough to make substantial repairs to this place." Mularis nods and watches as I am beaten down the stairs by the Leiga of the Matriarch. I try to fight back, but I haven't the strength to contest her and find my efforts to be futile. The throbbing and pounding within my skull drives me crazy as it won't allow me to focus on anything other than the pain that that cursed rod inflicts! I try to get up, but I am knocked back down and my blood continues to leak out of my body. I weakly try to push against her, but a final prod to my cranial lobe makes my eyes roll back in my head before everything goes black.

When I come to, I am in a room that I remember seeing in use in the memory... so I am to be trained by the Leiga... so be it! My arms are chained over my head and it is fairly dark in this room. The door opens and the floating orbs around the room burn brighter. One of the Shyr Beis walks into the room in blood red leather and I look at her. "Release me." She shakes her head. "Your Influence won't work on me, my Lord. Your father mandated that his Inquisitors would have to undergo extensive mental training so that they would not fall prey to those they were interrogating. This is going to hurt... a lot!" Her Leiga strikes me and she tries to break me into obedience. Several Inquisitors take turns for at least a week trying to break me. Leros has me released and taken to a new chamber. The last thing I hear before I pass out is him saying, "He has to earn the right to inherit Quinto's chamber."

I wake up in a far less comfortable bed with my entire body sore and aching and my head still disoriented. The servant tending to me seem so nice and gentle. I close my eyes as I enjoy this feeling. I open my eyes and tell them to stop. "The Mistress who led my rescue and watched over me when I first slept. Who is she?" They look around before looking at me. They answer out loud, "That is the young Head Mistress, Zilana the Tigress. She is the youngest Head Mistress of the Shyr Beis and the only Dark Kami to become a Shyr Beis. She is from one of the Lower Houses, but except for Head Mistress Denisca or the Matriarch, no one has seen a more lethal and successful Shyr Beis." I nod. Pausing for a moment, I rise out of bed and think about the training room. "Tell her to meet me at the Training Chamber. Now." One of the servants leaves while the other helps me get dressed and she asks why I want to meet with Mistress Zilana. I do not understand and when she is done, I walk out of the room.

2050 words

Last edited by Psi Prince on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion   The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 3:47 am

Making my way over to the Training Chamber, there are two Shyr Beis standing guard. As I speak into their minds, my eyes glow faintly, "No one is allowed into this room except for Mistress Zilana. Is that understood?" They nod to me, "Yes, my Prince." A female voice speaks from behind me, "You don't understand your own powers. You don't have to compel them with the Power of Influence. You are Prince Quinto's heir and as such, they will obey you. Why have you summoned me?" I look at her focusing on speaking only to her. "If you can hear me, nod your head." She looks at me with slight irritation before nods. "Did your sisters nod as well?" She shakes her head negatively. "Good. I'm not used to these powers and those that I had are gone or so badly weakened that they are of little to no use to me. I need your help if I am to survive here." She looks at me with a manner of interest now. Her eyes tell me to go on and so I do, "If your sisters are able to break me, I will never be able to truly lead you. I need you to help me recover my father's endurance. I saw in one of his memories that after they proved their full devotion to my father, he allowed Denisca and Monare to attempt to break him and he took everything they had and would not break. I know the secret is being able to focus my mind so that I feel no pain and acknowledge no pain." Her inquisitive eyes analyze me for a moment before she tells me that we need to go somewhere more private. I look at her and she steps forward and places her right hand on my chest and we vanish from sight. Everything goes dark and I can feel my spirit being tugged at from all directions, but I focus on the feeling of Zilana's hand until we emerge from the darkness.

My vision is moving in a gyroscopic pattern. My breath is still caught as if something knocked the wind out of me and Zilana palm strikes me in the abdomen. I manage to regain my breath and she asks if I am sure that I wish to do this and I nod to her. I look around and sadness fills my core before that sadness and disbelief turns to anger. "You're going to need that anger if you want to understand what being a Dark Kami is all about. Our pain and anger is the key to our power. Battle and lust is the essence. Your father tried to duplicate that in the Shyr Beis. We are raised by pain and bearing a deep and strong anger and near rage towards the Mistress or Master who trains us. After we are broken, we emerge stronger than we were and we understand the reason for the pain that was inflicted upon us. There is one room that the Manticore could not find... that is where we will go." Nodding, my head, I follow her on foot before we teleport again and appear in a darkened room. There is a ghastly breath heard from the side of me and the orbs in the room slowly start to illuminate as if waking up from a long slumber. The orbs shine at me and I close my eyes before opening them and forcing them to adjust. So it is still here. The secret training room. I look around the room at everything and I could only imagine the things that these orbs have witnessed.

Walking over to the restraints, I stand with my back to it and telekinetically lock myself in. Zilana walk over to me and sheathes her Leiga. Removing a very dusty cloth, she reveals weapons of torture. She reaches under the table and grins as she pulls out a training Leiga that had been left here. She seems to feel great excitement as she holds it and she asks if I would like to hold it. I am unsure of whether I should try it or not knowing that it hurts the wielder as well as the target. I tell her that I will do whatever will make me strong enough to inherit my father's legacy and dominion. She takes the Leiga and tells me to open my hand. I uncurl my fingers and as soon as it touches my flesh, i involuntarily jerk and clinch my fist. She grips my hand to keep it closed. My teeth grit forcefully as the sounds of my agony are suppressed but far from silent. She pulls the Leiga away from me. She looks at me as I am trying to fight back the pain. She tells me that I am not ready for the Leiga yet. I look at her and speak telepathically, "Again." She shakes her head at me and I tell her, "I command you! Do it again! I will purge all weakness of this new body!" She walks back over to me and thrusts the Leiga into my stomach. I thought the hand from this thing was bad. Being hit in the abdomen is far, far worse! "Father! I will not fail you..." I continue to fight the pain even though I know that it is wearing me down. Zilana waits for a moment longer before she retracts the rod and I teeter on the brink of consciousness and the realm of dreams. She places her hand on my chest and I feel a surge of energy that keeps me awake. My eyes sharpen on her as she puts the Leiga down. "Again." Her head turns to me and she tells me that the power of this particular Leiga brought me too close to death just now. "Shyr Beis have the Ambrosia Breath that can revive the fresh dead. If I do, you can bring me back... unless it is you that cannot handle the power of THAT Leiga. I'm going to guess that I know who that Leiga belonged to. That is what he used to create the two strongest Shyr Beis."

1102/3152
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion   The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 3:38 am

Looking at the restraints, I open them and try to move but I can't. Why can't I move? I continue to jerk against the apparatus but nothing happens. "The restraints are to cause those being trained to focus only on them while the true confinement comes from the back piece and the magical binding runes. Your father was diabolical to say the least. I was a little girl when he first started to train me. We were all terrified of him. That rod is why. The amount of pain that he inflicted upon himself to strengthen us was uncanny." She smiles as she slides her fingers across the tip of the rod. The orbs in the room begin to dim slightly as I chant within my mind. "There are no ropes that can hold me, no chains that can contain me, and there is no magic that can harm me!" I gasp and light surrounds me as my eyes begin glowing deep gold. I step forward off of the apparatus and Zilana turned around. "So you can break binds like he could. The blood of royalty. So your your dark powers are forming..." My vocal voice comes in, "I... don't know. I got so angry about being trapped that my mind told me to break free. How is it that you, a Dark Kami, was chosen by the Shyr Beis?" Zilana looks at me and grabs the Leiga. I grab the Leiga as well and focus my breathing while telling her that I am waiting on her answer. She looks into my eyes to see the conviction that fills me with the will to hold on to this Leiga until I pass out or die. I will show her that I am worthy of their respect, loyalty and obedience. I may not possess my father's full strength, but I am no weakling!

She nods to me and speaks, "I was not so much chosen. I am from one of the Lower Houses. My Great Ancestor was not a general or offspring of the High Commander, but was a Field Officer in logistical supply. His station as a loyal officer bestowed upon our family a House and subordinate Houses for some time. Our status has slowly wilted away. My father held debts to the city of Xartias and he could not pay it. There had not been a Dark Kami Shyr Beis in many, many years and the previous one died rescuing the Prince's Consort when they were first to meet. The Prince could never sire a child with Mistress Denisca or the Matriarch, so I was a replacement for the fact that the Matriarch's maternal instincts and nature was increasing and she wanted a child. I was taken from my home and brought here to this compound where I met Diocchus the Inquisitor. When the dark sprite had broken me, Denisca arrived and again I was broken and first introduced to a Leiga. I was a little girl mistakenly filled with compassion, gentleness and weakness that would have gotten me killed here in Onitoshi. After selling me to fulfill his debt, my father tried to take me back, but it was too late for him, the whore that I thought cared for me, and his second wife. Denisca taught me how to break them and from that point of understanding the power and strength I could have thanks to her, I embraced the teachings of the Shyr Beis Mistresses wholly. From Monare, I learned to understand and break people and from Denisca, I learned the lethality of a Shyr Beis in all its glory. Before he died, Prince Quinto trained me once. For days, we battled in unarmed, armed, magical, and even in battles of wits. The lessons he taught me in those days helped ensure that I would continue to rise and grow stronger. I will repay that favor done to me." Hearing that she was very close to Denisca, I respond, "It must have pained you greatly when she left and even more so when she killed your sisters to protect Yisima."

725/3877
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion   The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:43 am

Zilana tries to pull the Leiga from me to attack me with it, but when I do not release it, she releases an energy blast to my chest that knocks me back from her. She appears in front of me and kicks me in the side. I use the force of the attack to lift myself into the air and into flight. Liliana uses her telekinetic abilities to flick a knife at me. "Blood of the Dark Kami, shield me!" Particles of spiritual energy start to gather in front of my body. As the knife closes in, the particles form a seven pointed star that shields me. "Care to try again?" She smirks and vanishes from sight, so I move to the center of the room. My eyes continue to scan the room trying to find out where she is. Zilana appears right in front of me and palm strikes me in the forehead hitting me between my eyes in the process. I stagger backwards with my equilibrium off center from the strike. As I am about to fall out of the air, I feel hands grab me and pull me down towards the ground. A hand reaches around my throat and I struggle against it, but to no avail. Zilana walks over to me. "Pathetic vermin, unhand me!" The limbs disintegrate into spirit particles and I clasp my hands together from the ground and the spirit particles form into a strong string that wraps around Zilana and holds her in place. I use this moment to get up and she giggles. "So this is how we get you to unlock your powers? Let me show you one of mine." She blows on the string and it just falls apart. That's not good. Seriously though, since I don't have the same control over my Telekinesis that I used to have, I could really use some offensive powers to use here! I don't have to worry about that for much longer though because she calls forth dark spirits all around us. I have never seen an ability like this so I am greatly fascinated by it until they rush towards me. Several cuts appear all over my body. I shrug it off at first, but the overwhelming force of it coupled with the extensive exposure to the Leiga's power forces me to succumb to the pain and my body hits the ground.

When I awake, Zilana continues the training, but with interrogations to show me the other side and prepare me mentally for the trauma and shock of mixing pain, emotional duress, and confusion to manipulate the mind of the captive. She keeps moving from topic and question that it is hard for me to keep control over the situation and that is exactly what she wants. Every time I try to regain control, she prods me with the Leiga. "Who do you serve?" she asks as she forces me to feel the sting of the Leiga. "I serve no one!" is my reply. She tells me that I am wrong then prods me again. "Who do you love?" I look at her with venom in my eyes and voice, "I will kill you once I'm free!" She punches me in the jaw then jams the Leiga into my forehead and I feel a sensation that I can only describe as the most painful pleasure I have ever known. The surge of painful magic running thru my cerebral cortex triggers something in me that tricks me into believing that I am enjoying this feeling tho it hurts and it holds for a while that I think that Zilana is pleasing me. When the sensation ends, I have a dark grin on my face and I chuckle sinisterly. Even when she prods me again, it hurts like hell, but it doesn't interrupt my laughter for long. "Now that brought some clarity to mind! Thank you for that. I appreciate it, Mistress."

Zilana and I continue this training intensifying as the days progress for nearly three weeks straight and she teaches so much about pain and how to embrace it. She toughens up my body against both physical punishment as well as magical damage. She forces me to tap into my more primal power to escape from binding techniques as well as attacking thru attacks. The power of her attacks constantly pushes me to use my new defensive powers, but I have yet to produce offensive abilities. I inquire about this to her. When my question is posed she actually thinks about it for a while before she comments, "Let's go out and get some fresh air, shall we?" I nod to her and we teleport out of the secret training room to the courtyard. Zilana tells me that perhaps I need a target that I want to hurt. I look at her and asks her, "What makes you think that I don't wish to hurt you?" With a smirk, she answers with, "If you did, you would have tried by now. Let's go and get you into some trouble."

895/4772
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion   The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 5:26 am

She grabs my arm and we teleport to the actual city of Arden. It had been quite some time since I had roamed these streets again, but walking thru them brings such a rush of life. The violence in the streets and the lust running rampant thru this city. I stop for a moment and just stand here basking in the energy of the city. Zilana turns and looks at me for a moment before a young man bumps into me and annoyance becomes apparent in my face. "Let's see how far you get..." Spirit energy forms between my fingers into a sutra card, which I look at quizzically before I flick it at the young man and he stops moving. I chuckle for a moment as Zilana appears in front of him. Walking up, I retrieve my gem pouch and create two more of the cards but with a different symbol on them. They are placed on his palms and upon contact, they burn into his flesh singeing his hands. While he remains bound, I help myself to his gem pouch and tell him to enjoy the rest of his day.

Zilana and I continue to walk around Arden until we come to a young scantily clad female demon that approaches me. She begins working her magic and for some reason, I just stand there and look at her. Once I find myself bored of her, I move closer to her and whisper in her ear, "Your tricks don't work on me." In the mood to test my own power, I speak into her mind, "You want to walk over to her and kiss her on the lips." She looks at me and my eyes glow. She smiles at me and asks, "Would that please you, my lord?" I nod to her and the would be temptress walks over to some random woman and kisses her. I continue my walk with Zilana and she looks at me with a sense of curiosity. Finally, we stop across the way from a store that she wanted to bring me to and I ask, "Why have you been looking at me like there is something tattooed on the side of my face?" She remarks, "Your powers... they are not dark powers. Prince Quinto had numerous powers, but yours... your powers are different. They don't seem to draw from the same essence as your father's did. I have never seen a Dark Kami nullify the powers of others the way you do. Shyr Beis are taught to reverse powers, but not to completely ignore them. How are you able to do that?" I fall silent at her news as I am not quite sure how to respond. I honestly do not know where my new powers are coming from.

The little pickpocket from earlier had obviously caught up to us with some friends and one of them grins at me and creates a fireball. I feel a surge of energy rushing thru me as an image appears in my head. "Now would be the time for you all to walk away." More of them draw weapons and prepare to cast magic. Within my mind, I begin chanting, "Spirits of the Blade, strike!" I quickly raise my hands as a double palm thrust towards the demons and crescent shaped blades of spirit energy fly towards our would be attackers striking the magic wielders first. "And strike again, you shall!" I unleash a second wave and this time the targets shift to the weapon wielders. "Ichi, ni, san, shi... appear!" I continue the chant repeatedly until I've created enough sutra cards to release them at the vagrants and hold them in place. Three "extra" sutra cards connect to different demons and I smirk, "Saeli saes maes!" The extra sutra cards don't burn like before. Perhaps, I said the incantation wrong? "Saeli saes maes!" The cards all light up for a moment and I point at one of them and focus on it. After a couple of seconds, the card explodes on his body and I look at him with excitement as the explosion causes him to start bleeding profusely. The fact that he's bound worries him and his adrenaline starts to build, which only increases the rate of circulation by his heart, which increases the rate at which he is bleeding out. I walk up to the bleeding one and slide my finger across the open wound in the demon's torso. I take a taste and spit in the face of the original thief. "That's disgusting! Worthless." Looking at the next thief with an extra tag on him, I retract the sutra cards and they dissipate. "If you come after us again, I'll let her deal with you and she is very creative in her methods of getting rid of pests." We walk off towards the shoppe.

859/5631
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion   The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 3:44 am

Walking inside, we see a large, imposing demon in a smithing smock. He tells us to look around and find what we want unless we have a special order. I look at Zilana and she shakes her head. "We'll get everything you need for your later training now so that we already have it. I look at her and just nod. She takes the pouch off of my belt and leads me around. We grab more gear for a bestial entity, which makes me wonder why we're getting this stuff for me. She starts handing me items that we'll be acquiring and I telekinetically move the items over to the counter. She looks at me and says, "Tail, claws, already got the armor and body blades, so yeah, you're good there. We already got you a Wind ring, so you would probably need the other three. You'll come to need the arm blades later as well and we should probably get you tailored to fit body armor. She walks over to the smith and speaks with him in private while I am looking around at the different crafts produced by this Smith of the Underworld. He calls me over and tells me to stand tall. Next, I'm told to lift my arms, then turn to the side and finally to relax as he wraps the measuring tape around my neck. Once he finishes, he nods and tells her that it'll be ready in an hour or so unless it's in a rush. She nods and tosses the thief's coin pouch to the Dark Smith. Zilana and I let him go to the back and work on my armor while we continue to look around the shop and talk. She reminds me, "You do know that we will be returning home after this little distraction is over." I nod telling her that I cannot abandon my obligations. "That is good."

When the Dark Smith returns with the armor, I look at it then look at him very impressed. He gets me a set of new clothes to be worn under the armor. The quizzical look prompts him to inform me that the underclothes are not armored. I smirk and nod as I put on the rest of the armor. Zilana looks at me and nods. She pays the Dark Smith and we exit the shoppe. Arden is such a vast city that you could literally get lost in it for days. During our walk, we come a fairly large sized establishment about the size of two conjoined warehouses and it is covered and lights and life. The underworld actually dresses up to get into this place and Zilana tells me that it is a waste of time. I beg to differ and when I approach the door the bouncer takes a look at me and then looks into my eyes as they start to glow before he smiles welcoming me and tells me to head inside. I smile back and thank him. We head inside the establishment and I am amazed at what I see. There are activities and games of chance taking place everywhere. Zilana asks if I have ever been here before and I shake my head as my eyes continue to wander all over the place here. Walking around checking out the games, the excitement of someone when they win... this is quite something. I inquire as what this place is and Zilana tells me, "They call this place a kazino." Razz Nodding to her, my mind begins to run wild with the possibilities.

As I move towards the back, I see two young men sitting at a table, that is guarded by some large humanoid demons, and they have these small, crystal orbs no bigger than a baseball over which they seem to be negotiating. These demons are nicely dressed with one in traditional Onitoshi style robes and the other is actually wearing a tailor made business suit from Yochi, the Earth Realm. Interesting... I continue to approach them and the guards move towards me. Two of those nifty sutra cards appear and I place them on them when the two approach me. I keep walking towards the table and Zilana pretends to be flirting with them. The two young men look at me with alarm and I speak, "Calm yourself. I just wanted to know what you were doing. I've never seen orbs like those." They look at me and the one in the business suit speaks, "I thought everyone in Arden knew about them. Poor country bumpkins. Well, we are Power Brokers and we are transacting business right now, so if you don't mind, piss off." The one dressed in traditional takes another look at Zilana and notices her hip. He coughs and clears his throat. "He can remain as a consultant for me." The business suit, we'll call him Foreign, smirks and shrugs at the traditional robes, whom we shall call Native.

875/6506
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion   The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 2:24 am

Native explains to me, "You see. We Power Brokers have the ability to collect powers and store them in these orbs. Since only Power Brokers understand how to do that, it keeps the product safe from theft. If someone was to rob our friend here and take all of his orbs because they are nice and shiny or because they know that they are power orbs, it would do them no good b/c the ability comes from within us and we are taught how to access it and shut it off. Power Brokering is a very serious business. Once the Broker has completed their training, their Mentor escorts them into the Bazaar where they acquire some lower tier powers to start their pupil off with. The new Broker now starts to buy, sell, and trade powers with other brokers like we're doing here or selling them to private clients, a non-Broker like yourself. You would look over the merchandise and select which powers benefits you the most for your price range. Once you've selected, the most crucial part would begin. You then select a power of yours that you are willing to sacrifice. You see the way this works is that in order to gain a power, you must give a power. This keeps the flow of powers ever moving. I have even seen someone sacrifice multiple powers because they wanted to gain a single power that would serve their purposes. They were a client of my Mentor's. It is clients like him that have allowed our business to grow. There are also those who collect from the dead. The VIPs of the Power Broker Syndicate, generally just referred to as The Syndicate, frown upon such activity and they have brought Brokers in before the Assembly to handle any situations would might damage the image and reputation of Power Brokers. The VIPs are a very exclusive group and they are what all power brokers strive to become b/c the abilities that they have access to are amazing and they are the ruling body you could say of the Syndicate. They are also able to recognize powers in orbs by a glance. For those not on that level, we have codes of labeling and when a Power Broker touches an orb, they can then decipher what the actual power is. So that is what we are doing here. We label them before we come to the table to expedite the process. Would you care to sit in and watch?" I nod to him and sit silently watching as they resume negotiations for this deal.

I dispel the sutra cards and Zilana walks over to stand behind me. The suit gets distracted by her and I smirk. Speaking telepathically into Native's mind, "You should benefit quite a bit from this transaction." Native pauses for a moment before he smiles. Foreign looks at the orbs and points out the orbs that he wants from Native. Native moves them forward towards the center to show that they are up for negotiation. He looks over them and explains, "So he is asking for a Fyre D & C, an Iyce B, Earth E & C, and two Lyghtning B's and three C's. So now I have to try and figure out what I would require in exchange for the ten abilities that he is requesting." I look over at the other side and tell Native telepathically, "Go for movement, sensing, and healing." A puzzled look crosses his face and I tell him, "Formulate your thoughts into images and I should be able to pick up on them, so that I can answer your questions." I wait a moment while I whisper to Zilana. When I touch on the surface of Native's thoughts, the image asks why he would trade elemental magic for physical enhancements and the ability to heal. My response is prompt, "Several have powers and magic here in Onitoshi, but what they don't have are the means to keep them alive longer. You would be surprised what someone would sacrifice for life or just to protect what is theirs. Solvay Forest can launch your career if you do it quietly. If I'm wrong, I'll cover your losses so that you can buy better powers. Sound fair?" He looks across the board and nods his head signifying that he had made his decision. Foreign looks at him and starts laughing as Native makes his selections. He feels so cocky in his advance that he offers to add in another power to make the deal fair and I ask Native if the orb with the hourglass is Tyme Magic and he nods so I tell him to get that one. He tells me that it is only Rank 2 and that he can't afford it right now. Speaking via tele again, "Does the Syndicate own this kazino?" An image of the owning demons flashes into my head followed by one that exudes disdain and hatred and I tell him to select the Tyme power. He rubs his chin and selects the Tyme power and Foreign nods. I motion Zilana forward and she gives Foreign two gems to cover the extra cost of the Tyme power.

They rise and shake hands to conclude their deal and Foreign walks off feeling much better by himself. With him gone, Native looks at me and tells me that he doesn't understand what he could do with the powers that he selected. "He wasn't paying attention to the ranks. He wanted the powers b/c he'll probably take them to Yochi and sell them there. You have a far more lucrative opportunity in Solvay b/c you traded up in ranks for nearly all of the abilities and you will be surprised what you should be able to gain in terms of the new powers in exchange for those. If you ever come across Void Powers, let me know. You have those who just want to escape danger and you have new sensing powers and the Haku ability, which allows the user to vanish as if they disappeared. You also have an ability that saved my life numerous times, so you'll make more off of that ability and that is Godspeed. The healing magic will go to solo hunters or parties without actual healers who travel into Solvay to fight or who operate out of here. Those with ailing relatives could be other sources as well. As for the Tyme power, where are you?" He grins and nods. "You know, my lord, you would make quite the Power Broker. I'd hate to have to negotiate against you." I look at him with sharp eyes and he tells his bodyguard to go and find a desperate mark for the Tyme power. When the bodyguard walks off, he tells me that I do not have to worry if I don't want anyone to know. "She is a Shyr Beis. That hip doesn't lie and neither does the armor under that maiden's dress. They only protect nobles that were loyal to the old House of Volos Korol. Who do I have the honor of meeting?" Zilana tells me that it is time to go. I look back towards the entrance and shake my head. "She is right, I must be going. If you are ever in Xartias, ask for Psyre. You can tell me how your deals go. You might want more security if you take my advice about Solvay. One other thing, if you go, find out who lives in the villages neighboring the forest. They could be very good sources of business and product. Hope to see you around, Native."

Zilana tugs on my arm and we quietly get up and head towards the side of the kazino. We head towards a bathing room and escape from there back to Xartias. We appear in my father's room as they would not expect us there. I gasp as we arrive and she smiles, "So it did work. Good. It would have hurt a lot if it had not." I ask her to explain and she does, "In order to protect Quinto, the Shyr Beis, Tricia, and Mularis casted protective magic on this room so that only those of Quinto's royal bloodline could teleport or be teleported into this room." I ask her why we are back in Xartias and she tells me that I must begin the other aspects of my training as well. She looks into my eyes and slaps me across my face and my instincts are to attack. She does it again and the urge to strike increases. She pulls out her Leiga and strikes me and I begin to transform into the true form of the Dark Kami. The surge in power causes the door to open and they look at Zilana. I grab the Order guardsman via Telekinetix and hold him by his throat. I speak telepathically, "I have felt this before. Looking over my body, I am amazed by the power and Zilana vanishes then reappears outside of the door and subdues the other guard before walking in dragging his body in with a pack of my new items on his chest. I calm myself before I hurt them and exhale. I look at Zilana and bow to her. "Thank you. Where is the prisoner?" Zilana responds, "In the morning, my Prince. You need your rest." I look at Zilana and without saying a word, she nods to me, "As you wish. Guards, retrieve the White Wing." They leave and she helps me remove my armor and put up these new items. I start a bath for myself and Zilana tells me that I could have called a servant to prepare that for me. I smirk, "I didn't have servants in Yochi and I bathed just fine. My body needs to soak. She walks into the bathing room and chants over the nice, hot bath, "Raisair os si Ialaesys, vaerysi si mael eil boraloria os sor kaer shasos." I look at the water with a mist covering it and raise an eyebrow at her, "This isn't going to make me fall madly in love with you to where I declare you my declare or anything like that is it?" Zilana laughs and shakes her head, "No, my Prince. You'd probably break the magic anyway." She steps forward as I start to undress and removes the garbs for me until I am standing there naked, "If I wanted to make you fall madly in love with me... I don't need magic. I have a Leiga for that!" I chuckle and she steps back as she hears a knock at the chamber door.

The white wing is brought into the room as I am stripped down and stepping into my bath. She struggles against them but to no avail. She remains in her shackles as she is brought into the room. Zilana turns to walk out and stops. "Are you..." I nod with a smile as I speak, "I will be fine. Get some rest. I wish to speak with her in private, so ensure that I have my privacy please." She nods and salutes, "As you wish it, my Prince." Zilana closes the door and tells the guards to act as if no one is here and we have not returned yet. They nod to her and she closes the door. She remains inside the room to make sure that my orders are followed.

Meanwhile back inside the bathing room, the white wing looks at me with disgust and I tell her to kneel, which she does more out of survival than obedience but I decide that that is not a bad target either. I address her as I soak, "You can stop looking at me as if I am a monster. Your side took something very dear to us. Though in doing so, you allowed me to be created. So you can only blame yourselves for this. I was content in Saicity and I had no care for the war between your Order of the White Wing and the leading Dark Kami Houses. You all kidnapped me and trapped me in Solvay Forest for MONTHS!" She responds, "You needed to be stopped before you were able to finish your plans. You amassed power in the earth realm and it would have corrupted you. We were trying to save you so that you could save us." I smirk at her, "Now there's some passion. What is your name? I'm asking so that I don't have to extract it from your mind." She remains silent and stare at her. Using my telekinetix, I grip her temples and squeeze together causing her pain and I just hold that squeezing tighter until she screams out, "Kiera!" I release the hold and smile at her. "Well Kiera, it is nice to meet you. You are going to give me a bath. During which, we will play a game. You ask a question, then I ask a question. We will answer truthfully and continue until my bath is over. Ladies, first."

Kiera (pronounced key-era) decides to see if I will answer honestly and she asks me, "Are you planning to hurt me?" I look at her and respond with, "Tonight, I hope not. Eventually, probably. I haven't decided yet. It depends on whether or not I need to have you interrogated by one of my Inquisitors. If I do, then I am going to hurt you a great deal. My turn. Why aren't you bathing me in accord with our agreement." She looks at me wondering why I would waste a question like that. She grabs the sponge and tries to chant on it and finds that the shackles don't allow her to use her powers. The water has already been enchanted with healing magic. She stays on the same question track and asks, "What do you plan on doing to my people?" Closing my eyes, I relax into the bath as she speaks. Answering her, I say, "The warriors will be captured, stripped of their powers by these new people that I met Power Brokers, then I'll kill them and display their bodies as a warning. The women will be broken by my Shyr Beis then given as gifts to my allies. The male children will be sold into servitude or given to one of the dark temples here in Onitoshi. The female children will replenish the ranks of the Shyr Beis Sisterhood. You may very well be kept alive long enough to witness it all." She looks at me and says, "That is despicable. As gifts, you mean they will become whores to your friends. The children will be robbed of their being. What would it take for you not to do such a thing?" I open my eyes, "Wait your turn. You already asked a question. It's my turn. What do you want for your people?" Her eyes are still pleading as she resumes the bathing now moving slowly to prolong the bath, which is fine by me because this feels very nice. "I want them to be happy and free of this darkness. I want them to experience peace and prosperity. I want them to be able to help people. I want them to know love. I want them to live in a world where they don't have to kill to survive. That is what I want. My turn. If I could explain to you what are currently so confused about, would you spare them the fate that you have planned for my people?"

Listening to her answer sounds very similar to what I want for my people, so I address that first. "What you want for your people is quite similar to what I want for mine. I want to see my people prosper and grow into the powerful House we once were before your order destroyed all of that when my father died. The House of Volos Korol lost their leader and as such, lost their direction. The noble cousins turned on each other and fought within the House until the power of the Volos Korol existed in name only. Such bitter division had occurred that they wouldn't even aid each other if they had to for their own survival. So I will see your people suffer as mine have reduced to living in a once beautiful paradise that your attacks degraded to near ruins. You all will pay dearly for what we have lost. I will reform my House as the House of Veilos Syli and my father's Order will be restructured as well into the Order of the Veilys. Together, with the Shyr Beis, they will aid me in obtaining the birthright of my cousin and I as we will bring about obedience from the wayward remnant of the House of Volos Korol. Then, we will extract our revenge for my father and my aunt and the one who would have been my older sibling. You ask for something that I will not give." She fires back, "You and your cousin were left without your parents yet you would inflict the same pain upon our young and worse. You were allowed to keep your essence in tact. What you have planned for our young would rob them of theirs." I look at her as she washes my chest and shake my head, "No, we were not. My cousin was never told that he was the rightful heir to the House of Volos Korol b/c without my Father to maintain order, he would have been targeted by his own family. Instead of knowing that I was a Dark Kami all this time, I merely found out a year ago that Quinto was sealed within me and my powers have just now awakened. I lived the first 20 years of my life believing I was a mortal human and born as a mortal human without access to my powers. Your people took everything from me, including my mother whom I only know from my father's memories of her time as his closest servant and confidant."

3214/9720
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion   The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 3:38 am

Kiera inquires, "Your mother is Koheya?!" I eye her suspiciously and tell her that since she's no good at this game, I'm done playing. She apologizes and tells me that I may ask her multiple questions to balance things out. I lay my head back and speak, "Yes, Koheya is my mother. How do you know her?" Kiera tells me my mother used to be a member of the Order of the White Wing until Quinto saved her life when one of the other temples tried to attack her for using "dark methods" on another kami. Quinto was tracking them when they surrounded her and her younger sister who was ill. Koheya was as close to a Light Kami as one exiled here could be. When he attacked the others, she actually tried to stop him yet he still spared her life. He looked at her sister and knelt next to her. Quinto is said to have commanded great powers and influence over life and death and as such was able to heal her sister and even repair her immune system to protect her against curse magic. Quinto and Koheya spent some time together along with the younger sister. She got to know both the benevolence of the Prince as well as his destructive nature when he attacked a village and lost control of his true form and he annihilated everyone in that village. Koheya was able to suppress his rage and bring him out of the bestial form. Koheya's ability to calm the bestial side of the Dark Kami bonded her to him. Her sister did not think it was right to consort with Dark Kami after witnessing what he was capable of, so Koheya sent her back to the Temple to be safe. Quinto realizing what Koheya was giving up promised her that he would spare the Temple that her sister was at to ensure her safety."

I nod and open my eyes, "She was your mentor because you're not old enough to have been around back then. Koheya was with my father when the Matriarch of the Shyr Beis was a little girl. That's how you know so much. So how do you think you can help me with what I'm confused about?" Her bathing moves from my feet to my legs at this point and I keep my mind focused on the conversation and suppression of certain electrical signals. She looks at me and says, "You can't understand why your father wielded such dark powers and your powers not only do not resemble his, but they seem far too... pure for your liking. Your powers are not destructive and chaotic like you have heard his to be, but they are controlled and allow you to control your environment and adversaries. Your powers seem so defensive do they not? I know why and I can help you to understand your new powers. I can also help you to gain a terrifying advantage over spirits of darkness and those who possessed by outside spirits. Such a power would be of great use to the Prince in your quest to rebuild your house stronger than before. I merely ask that you spare the young males of our Order if you are successful." I consider this offer for a moment before I answer, "If your information is helpful, then I accept those terms. All boys under the age of 13 who do not raise arms against me will be spared by me." She tells me that the terms are that they will be spared, not just by me, but by my allies and my forces as well. I grin at her and nod. "Agreed. I hope for your sake that this bears fruits. You have my attention, Kiera."

She pauses for a moment before she looks at me in an almost submissive visage before she begins, "Koheya never bore a child from Quinto while he was alive which means that she used Spiritual Arts to seal your father within her own body. She gave birth to you and in doing so, she released his spirit into your body but being your natural mother, she passed on her powers to you as well. When they revived you into this form, your powers gained from your mother manifested. You have felt the powers and strength of your mind fluctuate greatly haven't you? In some respects you are stronger and in others, you are weaker. At the same time, this new power seems so easy to use, doesn't it? Your mind is still your greatest weapon, young Prince, but your spirit is now your truest weapon. You are not fully dark, yet you are not fully light, you are both. When you fully awaken your spirit, young Prince, you will see amazing things that you can do and they are not all defensive. Some of your powers will come with a new sacrifice though. Should you embrace some of the powers of the Light, they will hinder some of your offensive magix. Not much, but you will not be able to destroy villages in one terrifying attack as your father did. You will still be able to strike with the strength of a demi-god though. Now, I will need access to my powers in order to bestow upon you the manner in which you can dominate your adversaries." I eye her with great suspicion and reservation and she senses it and tells me, "I am an empath. That is how I knew about your confusion. I can read people, but you will not be able to access the new power because it is out of your nature. It will take time for you to truly utilize it as well. I am trusting that you are a man of your word and that you will honor our agreement and not harm the young boys of our order. My people killed you once and here you live. The Shyr Beis' ability to restore life comes from your father and as such, I do not doubt its effect. It would be foolish to upset you." I look at her and place my hands on the shackles. Speaking in the Ancestral Tongue of the Dark Kami, I chant, "Magic binding this one, lessen yourself, but do not release her." She takes in a deep breath as she feels access to her powers return, but she can notice that they are still limited. She tells me that what she is about to do is going to hurt quite a bit. I nod to her and draw a shaving razor to me using telekinesis and hand it to her. This better be worth it. She chants over the blade, "Spirits of the Light, bless this blade." At those words, I prepare myself and she asks me where I want her to make the cut and I shrug, so she reaches into the water and grabs my right hand. She cuts into my right palm and I close my eyes as I shrug off the pain as Zilana had taught me these last few weeks. I smile at her and dip my hand into the bath to heal it yet when I bring my hand back above the surface, the wound is still there and still bleeding. With a smile on my face, I tell her to explain. "It's a Spell of Blessing. Blessings harm all Onikonjou be them demons, fallen kami or Dark Kami like yourself, they also harm possessed beings and yokai and those using Demonic Arts. Curses work the same as Blessings only they harm all manner of humans, Kamikonjou, and those using Spiritual Arts." I pause for a moment and ask, "Wait, so you are telling me that I can harmed by both?!" She nods her head to me, "Given time, I can teach you how to protect yourself against Curses and I am sure that there are those here who can teach you to protect against Blessings. You will be protected from both, young Prince. It will take some time though." I sigh displeased at the news that I have an annoying weakness. I am pleased at its effect on me tho b/c this legitimately hurts. "Remove it." She looks at me with some reservation before she informs me, "Blessings can only be removed by being Cursed and vice versa." Surprising to her, I am more excited and intrigued than upset. "So how long does this poison continue to pollute one's spirit?" She tells me that she has seen as brief as a day and as long as nearly a week. "This will be useful indeed. So how do I do it?" She reaches towards me cautiously and places her hand on my chest. I feel a massive shockwave flow through and from me and my vision is hazy and my mind is completely jumbled and scrambled from a massive overflow of energy and understanding. My eyes roll back in my head as Kiera's eyes glow with a brightness that could make the sun jealous of it. My breathing is heavily strained and when Kiera finishes, we both pass out as Zilana bursts into the bathing room with both of her Leiga rods at the ready.

Zilana sheathes her rods and pulls me from the water. She looks down at the shackles and shakes her head, "Fool!" She recasts the spell to fully bind her powers before picking me up and laying me on the bed. She returns to the bathing room and drags Kiera out and binds her to the wall. The shockwave alerts the entire village and Kiryn arrives first as he teleports into the room and looks around to notice my body wet and under covers while the white wing is bound to my wall and Zilana in the room. He stops scanning and looks at Zilana, "Where have you two been?! And what happened here?" Zilana looks at Kiryn and replies, "We have been gone and I plan on finding out what she did to him other than Bless a blade and cut him." Kiryn looks at Zilana and tells her that the others are on their way and that she is going to need an ally in all of this, so either she tells him or she deals with the Council. "The Prince is reborn, the Council answers to him now... or to you. Is that it? You do not feel that he is worthy to lead and now knowing your heritage, you wish to assume command?" Kiryn looks at her and responds back, "Or is it that you wish to remain close to the new Prince so that you can have your status match that of Denisca whom you admire so dearly? I would never betray Psyre regardless of my feelings of his readiness. Prince Quinto's love and devotion for Denisca is legendary and the numerous sacrifices that they made for one another led him to bestow a great deal upon her. So it would seem that you have just as much motive as you think I do." Zilana's hand slides towards her Leiga as Kiryn's hands cover in energy and his body eases into a martial arts stance. As they can sense more people approaching, Zilana looks over at my body and sighs. "After Leros had him released from the training room, Psyre summoned me and asked me to train him privately so that he could be prepared for the next round of training. I took him somewhere that we could be sensed and I carried out his wishes. His powers and resolve began to grow and we continue with his training. We went by Arden so that he could relax b/c he was more and more frustrated at the fact that he could not manifest offensive powers besides Telekinetix. Needless to say, Kiryn, he developed offensive powers, but he also has a knack for negation that I don't even remember hearing Quinto possessed. He is growing stronger as he is pushed. He wants to be our leader and I have faith in his abilities and his potential. That is where we have been. She was giving him a bath and he asked for privacy and suddenly the shockwave happened. I do not know why, but I will find out. Blame the shockwave on his arrival and cast silence over the room so I can get what we need out of her.

2185/11905
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion   The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:19 am

My voice speaks from behind them, "You will do no such thing. I am fine, Zilana. Kiryn I presume? I have no desire to engage in a power struggle with you, my cousin. Our House was torn apart by such stupidity and you were robbed of your birthright b/c of it. I understand that. I will see our House restored, but not as the Volos Korol... we will be known and feared as the House of Veilos Syli... the reigning power of the Dark Kami. I will not challenge you for power and ask only that I may do what needs to be done in order to bring victory." They both look at me and Kiryn walks over to me as I scoot myself into a sitting position. Looking me over, he nods. His right arm bends to almost make a muscle or nike swoosh in its angle as his right fist hovers in front of his left pectoral, the common region believed to house the heart, and bows his head in a sign of respect. "Hail the Veilos Tyrn. You are Quinto's son and as such, it is your birthright to rule, my young cousin. Besides, I prefer fighting and commanding the armies." The covers wrap into a robe around my body as I rise out of bed and stand before Kiryn. "Then allow me to name you as the Veilos Tasar, Warlord Prime of our new House, and to honor you with your birthright, Prince Kiryn. Let all of our people know that our days living for survival alone are over. Send word to the splintered remnants of the House of Volos Korol that they will join us and reunite our family under the heirs of Quinto and Likata or they will remain weak and be crushed by greater forces. They can regain what was lost to us. Silence is to maintain to the House of Manticore until we are fully ready... we need allies and capital if we are to be successful and I think I know how to get it. Zilana, for what you have given me, you shall serve as my personal operative and bodyguard. Do not worry, I plan to keep you very busy while everything is forming. Select a squad of your sisters to serve with you as their Head Mistress. All of our actions must be discrete and quiet as our enemies must believe that we have no plans or strategies. Any objections?" They look at each other and turn to me and salute me, "Hail the Veilos Tyrn!"

My attention turns to Kiera. "Cousin, I want a bodyguard from the Order assigned to her. She is not to be harmed without my direct order. She has proven herself valuable and there is more that I stand to gain from her safety. I'm not sure what she did to me, but I can feel so many new powers flowing thru me. Powers that I only felt a shimmer of before and now what I feel is so much more." I lay Kiera on my bed and stretch my body out. Zilana looks at me and Kiryn tells me that I need to rest up a bit. I tell him that I am in the mood to explore a bit. "Before I forget... can one of you fix this without killing me?" Zilana grabs my hand and chants into it and a curse takes effect and it causes me great pain to feel its sting. "There is no Blessing or Curse that can harm me for long!" The curse rune evaporates and the wound closes on its own. Kiryn looks at me and asks me what happened. "Apparently, I am currently susceptible to annoying weakness. My Dark Kami blood makes me weak against Blessings while my affinity for Spiritual Arts makes me weak against Curses, so I now have to discover the means to defeat both. I suppose I had better rest after all. I'm hungry though." Zilana tells me that she'll call for my servants to bring me some food. Before she can leave, my door opens and Monare walks in and looks at Zilana. The anger in her face is obvious and I turn to her as she takes a step towards her. "Monare... you came in my room. Is there a reason for your intrusion?" She looks at me and goes to strike me with her Leiga and I reach out to grab it. As its sting flows through my body, she looks at me and retracts her Leiga. "Where have you two been for the past weeks?" I respond, "Making me stronger as you can see. I'm not fully there yet, but much stronger than I was before which pleases me greatly. I need rest then we can discuss my absence later. I must also thank you before you go, your temper has awakened quite a bit within me, Monare." She nods to me before she tells Zilana that they must talk. I call to the guard at my door as the Matriarch and Zilana exit. Kiryn tells me that he will have my servants sent up and I nod to him with my gratitude. The guard enters and I tell the guard to take her to my old room and stand guard to ensure her safety until a replacement is brought by Kiryn. He nods, "Yes, my Prince." He picks up Kiera and carries her out. I sit down to meditate for a bit while I wait for my food. So much has become clear to me... so much is still hidden. I at least have their respect now. Now, I must build upon it and show them what we can have. There is no enemy that can prevent the ascension of the House of Veilos Syli... not even the Manticore should Yisima choose to challenge us. For the first time since my return, I find my mind in pure, serene focus.

- END OF TOME 3 -

1060/12,965
Upgrade: Psyche - Influence (Trained)
Upgrade: Psyche - Confuse (Trained)
Upgrade: Spiritual Arts - Grand Dispel (Trained)
Upgrade: Spiritual Arts - Sutrasouken (Trained)
Upgrade: Spiritual Arts - Spirit Half Moon Strikes (Trained)
Upgrade: Spiritual Arts - Spiritual Bind (Trained)
+965 EXP
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion   The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:17 am

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion   The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dark Kami Arc: Tome 3 - Conquer Thy Confusion
Page 1 of 1