H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have to say, lately I have been having some troubles with how things have been going in some aspects of my life, though in other aspects things have gotten really good.. I can't really complain about now living with my girlfriend, though at first it was something to get use to again, but it didn't take long to get back into the old swing of things. Those parts of my life, the personal parts were the ones that seemed to be the ones that I'm not as troubled with. The ones that were causing the trouble were the work related parts.. Though I am charged with the killing of spirits and the safety of the people of the city I have begun to have issues with my work, issues that trouble me greatly. It was these troubles that I now thought about as I took another sip of my glass of juice while leaning against the counter in the kitchen on this lovely morning, a special day where neither I nor Trinity had to go to work so we could spend the day together.

Post WC: 185
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:40 pm

When Ingel pulls me close, I wrap my arms around his waist and bury my head against his still slightly damp chest. With my face still there, my voice is kind of muffled against his skin. "I gave him back my key, I'll have to call and set up a time to go get them... and you probably shouldn't come with me... I don't know how well he would take that... he's still upset about everything... but I will call him tomorrow." Lifting my head to look up at Ingel's face, I pull one hand away to wipe the tears from my cheeks. "That means I still have to find something to wear for tonight. I wish I could just go in pajamas, I still look sort of cute in those."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:46 am

After wiping away the tears I slowly run my hand through her hair before moving it down onto her lower back and rest it there as I listen to her. Now that Jasper had been brought up, something that I had set aside before began to come back and nag at me. When it first came up I had to put it aside and focus on other things, but now that things had settled down I could probably ask about it now and finally find out what exactly Trinity and Jasper are hiding from me. Though, I wasn't sure if this moment was the right one to bring it up, I was sure that I wanted to get it settled tonight though. My thoughts shift back to Trinity and what is going on right now, for the moment. I smile faintly at the comment about her wearing her pajamas and place a light kiss on her forehead " Indeed, you do look cute in them babe. Think you can find something to wear? "

Post WC: 174
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:43 am

Nodding slowly, I rest my head against his chest once more and let out a soft sigh. "I can find something to wear but I can't promise that it will look good on me. I guess I will just go with the black slacks and that pretty patterned blouse that I caught on clearance last week. The shirt is big enough to cover the obvious bump the pants show but not quite big enough to make it too clear that I am trying to hide anything. If tonight goes well, I won't be wearing them for more than a couple hours before we come home and you get me out of them, right? So I guess it doesn't really matter what I wear. I'm sorry for getting so emotional, pregnancy hormones aren't fun and they tend to get worse when I think about how things are with my brother right now."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:03 am

As she rests her head on my chest again I bring a hand up and move my fingers into her hair as I look down at her as she begins to speak. When she tells me she can find something to wear I nod and continue listening to her. As she finished speaking, I frowned faintly at her last comment, now beginning to doubt if I should talk to her about her brother or not. " You look good in everything you wear babe. " as I finished speaking I placed a soft kiss on her forehead before I let go of her and began to step away, " I'll get some myself some cloths while you get ready. "

Post WC: 120
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female
Rep! : 257

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:42 pm

At the kiss to my forehead and his letting me go, I take a step back and stick my tongue out at the man. "Easy for you to say, you don't notice the changes and horrors coming over my body yet, but you will in due time." Since he was now going to get some clothes for himself, I move around him to the bed where the black slacks and blouse I had previously mentioned had been discarded. Letting the towel fall to my feet at the side of the bed, I bend slightly forward to dig beneath the pile of clothes for the bra and underwear I had laid there. Once I find the undergarments I go ahead and slip them on so that the chosen outfit can soon follow.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:18 am

When she stuck her tongue out at me, I grinned lightly as I looked at her. " Is that so? " I said to her comment as I made my way over to my dresser and retrieved a pair of boxers, " If you want, You can wear one of my long coats to help hide your baby belly. And, though I have not went through it from the perspective of a woman, I have went through it from the perspective of a male and to me, you wont be horridly grotesque. I know what the changes are like, changes in your body, and even your appetite, I'm still waiting on you to ask for one of those strange combination of food like pickles and ice cream. " After I had my boxers on, I get out a pair of pants and begin to put them on as I glance over to Trinity.

Post WC: 153
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:51 am

Even before I can slip my first foot into the leg of my slacks, Ingel's word stop me short and freeze all of my movements. How could I be so callous as to forget that he had been through all of this before? Dropping the pants where they fall, I drop to the edge of the bed and lower my head into my hands. "I'm so sorry." I mumble through my fingers as I try to hold in a fresh wave of tears. I couldn't believe that I allowed myself to think, even for the briefest of moments, that he and I were together in experiencing this for the first time. My chest burned with the shame of my forgetfulness and I could feel the tears rising rapidly behind my eyelids. "I didn't think... I promise never to forget again." It was completely horrid of me to forget that he had been through this before, and then lost everything. I wasn't his first serious girlfriend, I wasn't carrying his first child, and it was terrible of me to not keep those facts in the front of my mind every second of every day. When had I become so selfish?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:06 am

I notice Trinity as she stops, I watched her for a moment wondering what she was doing. When she dropped the pants I began to wonder more what was up and when she dropped to the edge of the bed my first thought was something was happening physically with her and I drop what I am doing and rush over to her side. As I come to her side I place a hand on her back and kneel next to her. When she spoke up I wasn't sure what she meant by being sorry. I being to move my hand over her back, rubbing her back lightly as I watch her, though at first I thought something was physically wrong with her, it seemed as if something else was wrong with her, something I said must have triggered her emotions again.. As she begins to speak again I listen to her and sigh softly while rubbing her back, " It's ok babe. " Moving my hand to her side, I attempt to pull her to me and sit on the floor with her in my lap so I could hold her close to me, " It's ok. "

Post WC: 198
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:13 am

"It's not ok." I mumble as I let him pull me from the bed and into his lap. In his arms the tears are too strong to fight back so I let them flow freely along my cheeks still hidden behind my hands. "I shouldn't have forgotten, it was selfish and horrible of me." Wiping at my tear streaked cheeks, I draw my hands away from my face and turn my gaze to Ingel, my eyes red rimmed and pitifully full of guilt and self loathing. "Why do you put up with me? I keep things from you, allow myself to forget about such an important part of your life, and whine about something as trivial as not looking good in my clothes. You should have tossed me out on my ass weeks ago."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:32 am

After getting her into my lap, I slip my arms around her and hold her close to me as she begins to cry. For the time being I remain silent and simply hold her close to me as I listen to her. When she turns her gaze to me, I look back at her and frown faintly at the look in her eyes. As she begins speaking again I pull one arm from her and bring my hand up before I begin to run my fingers through her hair, keeping my gaze fixed on hers as I listen to her. When she finishes speaking I place a soft kiss on her cheek before speaking up, " Because I love you Trinity. It's ok that you forgot, we don't talk about it much. And you can't help but whine about looking good in cloths, that's something you want to do. " As I finish speaking, I place another kiss on her cheek as I draw my hand from her hair and move it down onto her stomach and lightly rub it.

Post WC: 180
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:37 am

All I could do as he spoke was study his face with teary eyes filled with love. I really had hit the lottery with finding him. With one tiny exception, he was the perfect man for me. If only I could tell him the truth about everything without fear of him hating me, hating my family, or turning Jasper in to the authorities. That was why I had made my choice, to turn my back on the only family I had left to protect him from the man I was building a life with. As if on cue my stomach began to rumble hungrily as he rubbed over it. Looking to him with a sheepish smile, I bite at my lip shyly before speaking. "I guess that snack didn't last long enough."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:44 am

When I heard her stomach growl, I couldn't help but smile faintly, I guess it was time to finish getting ready so we could go have dinner. I smiled a bit more when I seen the smile appear on her face and when she spoke up, I nodded faintly, " I guess not. Sounds like mommy is hungry. I guess we should finish getting ready so we can go out and have some dinner? If you still feel like going out that is, we can stay here if you'd like. " I decided to leave the decision up to her, if she felt like making it, with this break down I wasn't sure if she still felt like going out, and if she didn't want to I wouldn't force her into it.

Post WC: 132
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:56 am

"I am hungry." I answered with a nod as I extracted myself from his warm and welcoming lap. Had I not spent the better part of the day dreaming about and fantasizing over the meal I had in mind for tonight I would have been more than happy to remain in his arms for the duration of the night. But my stomach and my brain both told me with no hesitation that changing my mind about dinner was out of the question. "I still want to go out, if that's alright with you. I would hate to change my mind now and then have to send you out in the middle of the night to get something to satisfy the craving when I can't stand it any longer." Rising to my feet, I grab the discarded pants and slip them on quickly before picking up the blouse and shimmying my way into it. Without bothering to look in the mirror, I slip back into the bathroom to run the hairbrush through my long auburn locks. I wasn't going to bother with makeup tonight, I didn't usually wear the stuff anyway unless it was a special occasion or date, but I just wasn't feeling like going through the motions tonight. Truth be told I was more interested in enjoying the food that had been on my mind all day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:08 am

When she answered with she was hungry, I nodded and as she began to move from my lap, I let my grip loosen so she could pull away. I keep my gaze fixed on her and listen as she begins to speak to me, nodding once again, " Alright babe. If you still feel like going out we can go out for dinner. " I remain seated, watching her, until she had stood up once again. Once she was on her feet, I climb to mine and make my way over to where I had been dressing. I pick up the shirt I had thrown to the floor and slip it back on before sitting on the edge of the bed and putting on a pair of socks then my boots. After putting my boots on I stand back up and head to the bathroom to check on Trinity. " Are you feeling better now babe? " I ask after coming to the bathroom. Looking in at her I bring a hand up and offer it to her.

Post WC: 178
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:13 am

Turning to give the man a smile as he enters the bathroom, I take the offered hand and lift it to my lips where I place a soft kiss in the middle of his palm. "I am still sorry and feeling guilty, but that will pass as soon as I train myself to never forget again. Other than that I am just really hungry. How do you feel about heading down to that little open air bistro on the corner? We wouldn't have to drive since it's so close and such a lovely evening and there are few things on their menu that have been calling my name." While waiting for his answer, I turn back to the sink and go through the motions of brushing my teeth. With that being the last thing on my list of things to do to get ready, I would just have to slip into the ballet slipper like shoes that went perfectly with the pants I chose to wear and we could walk out the door.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:22 am

I watched her as she took my hand and when she placed the kiss on my palm, I smiled faintly. As she began to speak I nodded. I couldn't help but frown faintly at part of what she said, she wasn't feeling completely better, but that was to be expected with how things are right now, it would take a little time for her to cheer up completely and then it would all go away probably when I bring up what had begun to nag at me once again. So that is where she wanted to go. I nodded again to her suggestion, " That sounds good babe. When you are finished we can leave to go have some dinner. " I said as I watched her turn back to the sink to take care of the last of her preparations before we could go. " I'll meet you down stairs. " I said before turning and leaving the bathroom then making my way down stairs to wait on her.

Post WC: 170
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:26 am

Nodding to Ingel when he said he'd meet me downstairs, I finished brushing my teeth and exited the bathroom after turning off the light. Bending down, I fished under my side of the bed for the shoes I needed for a moment before my searching hand stopped on the soft fabric I sought. Perching myself on the edge of the bed, I slipped my feet into the shoes and then headed for the stairs. On the way down, I fluffed the ends of my hair just in case it was beginning to look flat or something and then grabbed my purse off of the table by the door as I turned to look for Ingel. "Ready, babe?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:31 am

After heading down stairs I make my way to the door and grab my coat from the coat rack and slip it on before I begin waiting on Trinity. When she comes with in sight I look over her for a moment as I watch her approach. After she had grabbed her purse, " Yes. You look great. " I comment before reaching out and opening the door, waiting a moment so she could step through it first before I follow behind her, making sure the door was locked before I shut it behind us. Once out side the door, I offer her a free hand.

Post WC: 106
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:46 am

"Thank you, honey. I'm glad you think so. You look handsome as ever, by the way." Taking his offered hand after we both make our way out of the apartment and begin our short journey to the corner bistro, I offer him a smile before leaning my head to rest lightly against his bicep. "So... do you want a girl or a boy?" I ask, trying to see if he has a preference on the sex of our unborn child, but before he can answer, I lift my head to gaze at his face, my brow furrowed in confusion. "When is the right time to start thinking about names? Or decorating the nursery? And are baby showers required?" Until that very moment, I hadn't really taken the time to think about all the things that had to happen before the child was born. I knew I still had months to get it all done but the list of tasks was already pretty daunting.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:53 am

I smile at the comment and after leaving the apartment, I follow at her side as we begin our journey to the bistro were we plan to have dinner. When I felt her arm come to rest on my arm I glance down at her and smile faintly, though the question she asked shocked me a bit. I hadn't really given any thought to that and wasn't exactly sure. When I seen the look she gave me, I couldn't help but smile a bit as I turn my gaze back ahead of us as I begin to listen to her. " I haven't really given that much thought, I guess either would be equally nice, which would you like? And, the right time would be when we know if it is going to be a boy or a girl, that way we get the right things, and, if you don't want one, we don't have to have a baby shower, but they are kind of the norm for when you are going to have a baby. "

Post WC: 177
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:11 am

Sliding my hand down to his, I link our fingers and wait for him to finish answering my questions. Once he is done, I turn my gaze forward to watch where we are walking as I think over his responses. "Honestly I will be thrilled with either one, I just want a healthy baby above all else. Girl or boy. Most of the women at the doctor's office have already started thinking of names and some of them are not even as far along as I am. They have a couple names picked out for each sex so they will be ready whenever they find out. I agree that waiting to decorate the nursery should be after we know what colors we should go with, though if it is a girl can we please stay away from the all pink motif? I do not want to be reminded of upset stomach medication every time I go in there." As we approach the bistro, I consider what he said about the baby shower. "I don't know how I feel about the baby shower. Looking at in from a practical view it would be nice to have our friends and family help out with some of the things we are going to need, lord knows the less money we will have to spend the better, but on a personal level the whole idea of having all those people come over and touch my belly or talk about how big I've gotten makes my skin crawl. Maybe we could do a drop in type of shower. People just drop by for a little while, bring a gift, eat some snack foods, and then go on about their day. Then I wouldn't be creeped out by having a bunch of people hanging around for a couple hours because they think it would be rude to only stay a few moments. How would that sound to you?" By the time I finish speaking, we come to the door of the establishment on the corner. Since I know how much my honey likes to play the gentleman role, I stop walking to let him get the door for me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:05 am

After speaking I fall silent and follow at her side, listening as she beings speaking her thoughts. I was glad to hear she was ok with either a boy or girl, that means we wouldn't be let down if we wanted a boy and ended up getting a girl, but either would be fine, that's good. Though I wasn't sure about picking out names right away, but I could see how that could help in the long run, that way you knew what to name the baby, or had a general idea of what to name the baby. When she made the comment about pink reminding her of upset stomach medication I couldn't help but chuckle faintly. As she begins speaking about the baby shower, I glance down at her for a moment before turning my gaze back ahead of us while listening to her. I understood how she felt about having people hang around and touch her belly and talk about how big she has gotten due to the pregnancy and if she didn't want a big baby shower, or one at all, that is fine with me. As we come to the doors of the establishment, I glance at them before looking to her as I nod faintly, " That sounds fine babe. We can have a small baby shower if you want. And, if you want, we can start thinking up names for the baby, or we can wait till later to do that. " I said as I reached out to the door and pulled it open for her, " After you. "

Post WC: 267
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:53 am

Slipping through the door, I offer my sweetie a smile and thank him for being the ultimate gentleman before responding to what he said. "I will think about that as the time draws closer. Maybe by the time it is appropriate for a shower I will actually want a big one, I don't know, my feelings about different things seem to change by the hour lately so there's no telling how I will feel a few months from now. As for thinking up names for the baby... I think we can start coming up with ideas now, just to give us plenty of time to find ones we like and see if they feel right. Just because we may think of a name next week doesn't mean that it has to be the one put down on the birth certificate when the time comes." The hostess waits until I finish what I was saying before asking how many there were in our party and then she offers us congratulations on the pregnancy while leading us to a quiet table in the back corner... right near the restrooms to accommodate the most common side effect of this condition.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:11 am

After Trinity had stepped through the door, I follow after her and let he door shut behind me. Once inside, I glance around before looking to Trinity as she begins speaking. I nodded to what she had to say, understanding what she meant. I nod again to what she has to say about coming up with names for the baby. As Trinity finishes speaking, I glance to the hostess as she chimes in. After answering her question and thanking her, I follow after her as she leads us to a table in the corner next to the restrooms. As we come to the table, I move over to one of the chairs and pull it out for Trinity, " Alright, we will see how you feel about the baby shower when the time comes. And, as for a name, we can start making up a list of boy and girl names that we like and then we can go from there. How does that sound? "

Post WC: 166
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:22 am

"Sounds good to me." I answer as I flash Ingel a smile and slide into the chair he pulls out for me. The hostess leaves us with our menus after telling us that our server would be with us soon. Taking one of the menus in my hand I begin to look over what all is available and try to figure out what I could order to satisfy my various cravings. While mentally preparing my order I glance over the top of the menu to look at my incredibly handsome baby daddy with a grin. "So what do you think you will be having tonight?" I needed to know what he was planning on ordering before I finalized my list because if he got something I wanted I could just steal a few bites off of his plate instead of ordering an entire one for myself.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:49 am

I return the smile as she slips into the chair I pulled out for her. Once she was seated I move over to the open seat and pull it out before slipping into it. After sitting down I pick up the extra menu and begin to look over my options for dinner as I think on what I feel like having. I continue scanning over the menu until I hear Trinity's voice. When she speaks to me I lift my gaze and look over at her, " Hmmm, I'm not exactly sure... Do you have any suggestions? " I said, lowering my menu as I look over at her, smiling lightly.

Post WC: 111
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:27 am

When Ingel asks for suggestions I take a closer look at the menu. Now that I am with child, some of the more delectable delicacies are out of the question. The beef carpaccio is off the table along with the steamed mussels dish. Both are too risky for pregnancy so even a taste of them would be out of the question. The prawn and scallop dishes were still on my list of things to enjoy rarely but not cut out altogether. The old general rule to cut out all seafood had thankfully been scaled back in recent years and now called for light intake of shellfish, no sushi at all, and absolutely minimal mercury rich fish dishes. Looking back over the top of my menu, with a slight gleam in my eye, I offer up a few suggestions to my dear, sweet man. "Well if we want to split an appetizer or two we could start with either the puff pastry scallops or the prawn gnocchi, the gnocchi is the potato pasta with the light lemon creme sauce, fresh basil, and sun dried tomato oil. Then for entrees I was trying to decide between the mango curry chicken served with coconut in a light curry sauce over jasmine rice or the loin of lamb served in the reform sauce made from mushrooms, beetroot, and sweet gherkin in a red wine and cream reduction. But you would probably prefer the filet steak served with the tomato, corn, and red onion salsa and the garlic cream potatoes, that's what Jasper usually went for being the meat and potatoes guy that he is. Whatever you choose is up to you, but I will probably ask for a bite or two just to see how it is." Just thinking about all the delicious possibilities was starting to make my mouth water. Looking around, I try to see if I can spot our server. Even though I have no clue what I am going to order, I want to know they are close by as soon as I am ready.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:34 pm

After the question I keep my gaze fixed on Trinity as I wait to see what her response will be. As I watched her I waited patiently as she looked over the menu picking out options I assume. When I noticed her gaze finally shift from the menu back to me I knew she must have come up with some possibilities. As she began to speak I listened to what she came up with. I have to say what she was bringing out sounded good so now I had to choose from what she was saying, bummer. When she finished speaking I nodded, " I see. Lets start with an appetizer, which would you like? How about we get both of those? I will get one, and you can get the other, if you want. And then we can share, if you ask nicely. " I said with a playful smile, " How does that sound? " Since I wasn't sure which I wanted, I decided on both in a way, or at least half of both since I opted to share them with Trinity, that way we could try them both and still have a nice meal.

Post WC: 198
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:21 pm

"Sounds like the perfect solution to me. I don't know that I would have been able to choose between them anyway. I think I'm leaning toward the mango curry chicken for my entree, it sort of sounds like the best option out of the ones I can have." Since I was fairly confident in my choices and having made a decision on appetizers, I close my menu and discreetly signal our server to let him know that we are ready. Catching my signal across the room, where he had just finished up delivering plates to another of his tables, he nods his head slightly and begins to move our way. Ingel could take his time deciding on his entree, but I was ready to go ahead and get our first course order put in, plus if I were to keep looking at my own menu I would probably change my mind and regret it later. Just as the server approaches our table and asks if we are ordering any appetizers today, I nod to him with a smile and look to Ingel to see if he wanted to place the order or if he wanted me to do it. If he looked like he wanted me to do it, I would go ahead and tell the young man both dishes we would like to begin with so he can get the kitchen started on them while my honey finalizes his entree choice. After whichever of us places the appetizer order and the server leaves the table to head for the kitchen, I would look across the table and offer Ingel a soft smile as one hand drops to my lap to rest gently over the growing child within.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:40 am

As she began to speak, I nodded to what she had to say and as she finished I spoke up, " Alright. Which ever you feel like having. I'm willing to give some new food a try. " I said, glancing at my menu one last time, looking over it for a moment before I finally put it down and glance to the server as he comes over to our table. Since Trinity knew what we wanted, I decided to let her order our food. When I see the smile from Trinity, I return it, " Since you brought up names and the such, when would you like to get to work on that? "

Post WC: 115
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:51 am

After the server left, I listened to Ingel's question before tilting my head to the side so I could think on what he asked. "I don't know, really. If you know of any good names you would like to suggest, then you can toss them into the mix whenever. I was thinking of picking up a book of baby names next time I go shopping so I can check out the meanings. I would like to pick at least one name with a nice meaning behind it." Thinking over the names my parents had given to my siblings and me, I loved how they chose names that held meaning yet still rolled off the tongue semi easily. The last thing I wanted to do was give my kid a strange name his or her future friends would have trouble pronouncing or could easily make fun of.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:46 am

At the moment, I couldn't think of any names right off the top of my head though I wish I could. Unfortunately there is something else that is on my mind at the moment, something that is important for me to know, though I know I won't like the side effect it brings about. " Alright. At the moment I cant think of any but when I come up with some Ill let you know. And the baby names book sounds like a good idea to, that's always a good place to look. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, having a nice meaning. ". When the food finally arrived I enjoy some of the appetizer we had ordered but make sure Trinity gets as much as she wanted, since she is the one with a small living human inside her, I wanted her to have as much food as she wanted. Once the appetizer and everything else before the main dish is finished off I would start on the main dish and like I had planed, share as much of it with Trinity as she wanted and enjoy the meal with her.

Post WC: 193
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:04 am

With a nod, I give my man a smile as he supports my idea to pick up a baby name book so our child could be given a name with meaning. Having eaten enough to feed a small country... ok so maybe not THAT much, but at least half of both appetizers, my entire entree (save for the bite or two I would have graciously shared with Ingel), and a few generous bites of his main course... I was on the verge of being miserable but could not pass up the chance for dessert. Signaling the waiter, I take a look at the dessert menu, and let Ingel look too of course, before deciding that I can't possibly choose between all the delicious choices. Since what I really wanted, the tiramisu, was off limits thanks to those marvelous lady fingers being soaked in espresso and bad for the baby, I would have to fill the void with a bit of everything else. Without even waiting to see what Ingel wants... mainly because I was making sure he had access to everything on the dessert menu except the tiramisu because if he chose that and tried to eat it in front of me I would have to just kill the man... I place a to-go order for one of every choice save for the caffeinated lady fingers. I couldn't possibly find room for any of it right now but by the time Ingel and I walk back home and settle in for the night I knew that I would not only have room but that I would be craving them. The order would only take a few minutes to prepare so when the server returned with my rather large bag full of individual containers, I gave him a smile and turned to Ingel. "I'm ready whenever you are, sweetie."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:17 am

After enjoying a nice dinner with Trinity, I had a feeling she was going to order something off the desert menu, and I didn't have a problem with that, not with what was coming later, perhaps the sweets would help her feel better, hopefully. I decided to hold off on getting something off the desert menu, if things went well I may have some of hers when we cracked into it. As she began to order what she wanted I waited patiently, letting her pick out as much as she wanted off the menu and I didn't say anything about what she got, having been through the whole wanted to eat many different things, before, though not in the way a woman goes through it. When the server returned with the bag of deserts, I nod to him before turning my attention to Trinity, " Alright. Shall I carry the bag? " I asked before picking up the bill and looking over it. After looking over the bill I reach into my pocket and pull out my wallet and then slip my credit card into the bill folder and stand up, handing the server the bill folder before offering Trinity a hand.

Post WC: 202
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:27 am

While the server scurries off to run Ingel's card, I let him take the bag of yumminess from me as I hoist myself out of the chair. Even though one could barely tell that I am pregnant, I was already finding it difficult to get up out of different kinds of seats. It was like I could feel the obstruction now growing in the exact spot where my body generally bends and folds when sitting. Finally getting to my feet, after only two failed attempts, I feel the blush rise to warm my cheeks as I try to laugh off my awkwardness. By this time, the server returns to present the credit card slip to Ingel for him to sign, and the card so Ingel can return it to his wallet. Standing there waiting for my honey to sign his name and pay for a meal I know was more expensive than our usual dinner's used to be, I can't help but feel bad that I was costing him extra money. Maybe I could slip some money into his wallet tonight after he falls asleep to make up the difference. I wondered if he would even notice. When everything was taken care of, I offer a hand to my handsome date and start to move for the door.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:03 am

After the server had taken the bill from me I devote all my attention to Trinity and offer her as much aid as I can as she works on getting up. As she works her way out of the seat, I couldn't help but chuckle faintly at it, though it wasn't a chuckle of meanness, it was more at how cute she is like this, though I know, in a way, what its like for her, I couldn't help but think how cute it is though. When she was finally up, I smiled faintly at her before turning my attention to the server as he arrived with what I had to sign. Taking the bill and my card from him, I slip my card back into my wallet before signing the bill for him so he could go back to what he was doing. When I was finished I take Trinity's hand and lead the way to and through the front door before moving onto the street with her and heading on our trek home now that we had finished dinner.

Post WC: 181
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:44 pm

Smiling as Ingel takes my hand and assumes the lead in our exit of the bistro and short walk home, I fall into place at his side and a half step or so behind. Since my stomach was full to the point of bursting, and there was already a nice mass growing in there making me front heavy, I tried to walk a bit slower than normal to compensate for the fact that my center of gravity was thrown way off. The last thing I wanted was to do a faceplant here on the sidewalk, that would definitely put a damper on the rest of my night. Already I was busy fantasizing over the desserts contained in the bag my honey was carrying, I couldn't wait to get home, slip into some more comfortable clothes, settle in on the couch, and induce a sugar coma. Oh wait, we had discussed making time for more bedroom escapades after dinner... hmm... that should probably happen before the sugar coma, unless Ingel has a secret fantasy involving sex with an unconscious woman that I don't know about. Deciding that I am not the only who should be figuring out how the rest of the evening will be spent, I give the man's hand a gentle squeeze and turn my face to look at him. "Thank you for dinner, babe, it was wonderful. How would you like to spend the rest of our night? Do you have anything in particular you would like to do?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:30 am

After leaving the bistro, I began to lead the way down the side walk at a nice slow pace so Trinity could keep up with me. Now dinner is over, all we need to do is get home and then I can start talking to her about her brother and what she is hiding from me, unfortunately. That isn't going to be a fun talk and is probably going to end in a very upset girlfriend, but I feel its something that needs to come out so I know what in the world is going on. When I feel the squeeze from her, I glance back at her for a moment as she begins speaking. Turning my attention back to the side walk, I think for a moment on what she had asked. Though I had brought up doing things with her after dinner, I don't think that might happen after we finish talking. " Your welcome, yes, it was wonderful. With each other, how does that sound? We can snuggle up on the couch and you can enjoy your desserts. Though, there is something I wish to talk about. "

Post WC: 191
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:48 pm

Hmm, the first part of what he said sounded nice enough. Whenever a man says that he wants to spend time together it makes a girl feel good but when he expands on that sentiment to include snuggling on the couch and letting me enjoy my desserts I am only a heartbeat away from nominating him for the 'Boyfriend of the Year' award. But before I can express how happy his answer makes me, he keeps talking. Like most men, Ingel continues to allow words to fall from his lips until one of the top five most dreaded lines that can ever come from your significant other's mouth fills the night air between us. 'There is something I wish to talk about'... that might not have been exactly 'We need to talk' but dammit, it was close enough for government work and that meant that my hopes for having a nice peaceful evening were quickly being flushed right down the crapper. Of course, me being an overly hormonal female right now, my mind began spinning, trying desperately to think of anything and everything I had done recently that could have inspired this impending discussion. Not being able to come up with anything in the appropriate amount of silent time between his comment and my expected response, I paused the guilt analysis long enough to see if he would give me any hints. "That first part sounds great to me. What is it you would like to talk about?" I could see our building just ahead so I knew we would be home soon enough, but I am impatient and hate to worry if I don't have to.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:59 pm

After I finished speaking I kept my gaze fixed on the sidewalk ahead of us as I continued walking, leading her down the sidewalk towards our building. Now that I had brought up the idea of wanting to talk to her about something, I just had to come up with how to say it and hope that it didn't upset her to much, that was going to be the hard part unfortunately. Hopefully she wont run out on me when I start talking about it, I didn't want to hurt her, but I felt this is something that needs to be out in the open in our relationship even if whatever it is she is hiding might be something bad. When she asked what it is about, I glance down at her for a moment before giving her hand a light squeeze " It's something important. " I said with a faint nod as I turned my attention back to the sidewalk, " I would rather wait until we are home to talk about it, ok? " I could see our apartment building not to far away so I knew we would be home in a matter of moments and we could start talking about it then in the confines of our apartment.

Post WC: 213
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:06 pm

Oh god, it was something important that he wanted to wait to talk about until we are in the privacy of our apartment. That can't be good. Obviously it has to be something bad if he doesn't want to risk me making a scene in public. Maybe he thinks he made a mistake by asking me to move in and he wants out of the arrangement. I would think there would have been signs leading up to something like that, but I hadn't noticed anything negative coming from him in weeks. Then again, I could have been too caught up in the move, the baby, the 'honeymoon' phase of our living together, or anything else going on to notice the subtle signs. As we reached the entrance to our building, I noticed that my hands were beginning to tremble ever so slightly so I gently broke the contact where his hand was holding mine and shoved them both into the pockets of my pants. Thank goodness we don't have any stairs to climb to get inside, the shaking of my knees would not be far behind.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:14 pm

I continued walking along the sidewalk with her now that we had fallen silent. I wasn't sure if it was a good sign or a bad sign that she had not responded to what I said, only time will tell. When she pulled her hand from mine, I glance down at her for a moment before I reach out and open the door to our building. I let her pass through it first before I follow behind her, letting the door shut behind me before I begin to lead the way to the elevator. As we come to the elevator, I press the button to summon the elevator and once it arrived, I let her enter it first before I followed behind her and pressed the button for our floor. As the doors shut I glanced at her for a moment, ridding the elevator up to our floor before letting her get out first and following after her. After stepping out of the elevator I lead the way to our front door and open it for her.

Post WC: 177
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:23 pm

I stay silent all the way in to the building, up the elevator, and along the hallway on our floor. Not even a murmur of thanks comes from my mouth when he holds the doors for me, which is something I almost always will thank him for. I wasn't meaning to come across as upset or angry or anything, I was just too busy still trying to figure out exactly what he wanted to talk to me about and why the privacy of our apartment was so important. I knew there was nothing to be afraid of, Ingel wasn't the type of guy to want the privacy in case he got upset and things got out of control. I was almost positive that he would never hit me no matter how angry we might get at each other, but I could always be wrong. I'd been wrong before and paid the price. Since he and I have never really had a big fight I didn't know quite what to expect from him when angry, but still I couldn't imagine him being an abusive guy. By the time I walked through the door to our place, my mind had brought out every worst case scenario and played it over and over again until I was more scared than worried, but at the same time I was ready to get whatever this was over with. As he entered the apartment, I set my purse down on the table by the door and held out my still shaking hand for the bag of desserts. "Alright, we're home, what is it you want to talk about?" I tried to keep the quiver of fear out of my voice, but I most likely failed at that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:31 pm

After she entered the apartment, I followed after her and shut the door behind me before turning my attention to her. I glanced down at her hand when she stretched it out to me and noticed it shaking. Upon seeing her hand shaking, I sighed lightly and turned my gaze to her face as she spoke up. I could hear the fear in her voice and it made me hurt even more. I handed her the bag of deserts we had gotten for her before reaching a hand out and placing it on her cheek as I looked down at her, " Lets go sit down and we can talk about it, ok? " Since I wasn't sure of the outcome of this talk I would like to be sitting down with her in case something happened she wouldn't end up falling down and getting hurt. If she agreed to go to the couch I would lead her to the couch where we could sit down and I could start talking with her, if not I would stand with her and talk to her while hoping nothing happened.

Post WC: 188
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:56 pm

Leaning my cheek into his touch for a second, I scan his face with my eyes. He didn't appear to be getting ready to dump me, but there was something in his expression that confirmed my suspicions about this not being a good conversation. Nodding when he suggests that we go sit down, I hold up a finger and point to the bag of yummies. "You go ahead, I'll be there in a bit, just let me put these away so they don't get warm or anything." It would only take me a moment to put the desserts wherever they would need to go... the ones with cake, cobbler, or pie in the fridge and the ice cream servings for the a la mode dishes in the freezer. When that is finished I would join Ingel on the couch in the living room and wait for him to spit out whatever he needs to say.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:09 am

I kept my gaze locked on her and when she said she was going to put the desert up first before joining me on the couch, I nodded and watched her for a moment as she began walking away. I turned and made my way to the living room and sat on the couch, waiting for her to return. When she joined me on the couch I paused for a moment before I began to speak, deciding to simply launch into the topic instead of jumping around it. " You remember a while back, when we were still in yours and Jasper's apartment and you told me you and your brother aren't normal. The truth that you are hiding, the thing that endangers our child... " I pause for a moment, looking at her face as I continue, " It's time to tell me what that is babe. "

Post WC: 149
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:18 am

Taking a deep breath, I listen to Ingel speak and try to maintain my composure as I hear what all of this is really about. I hadn't even thought of my family secrets when trying to come up with possibilities, I assumed that he had really let them go like I had asked him to. I should have known better. My honey, my upstanding citizen who pledged to serve and protect our fair city, I should have known that he would never let something like this stay buried. I want to tell him everything, I've wanted to tell him since the day I realized I was falling in love with him, but none of that changes the fact that I can't. Sighing heavily, I look down toward my belly and run a hand over the small bulge. I hated to think that I was denying my child the opportunity to have a father and an uncle in his or her life, but it was impossible for the two of them to ever be part of the same family. Wasn't it? "Ingel, I want to tell you... please know that I would love nothing more than to have no secrets from you ever again... but this isn't just my secret to tell. I can tell you about me, since that is what could most likely affect our child, but the rest of it I can't. I can't risk my brother's life or freedom by telling you that." I waited to see if he would accept my offer of partial truth and let that be the end of it. If not, I had no idea what this night would come to.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:28 am

After speaking my mind, I wait and watch her, waiting on her answer and watching her reaction to my request. As her gaze shifts to her belly, I glance down at it for a moment before turning my gaze back to her face. When she began to speak, I listened to what she had to say, though it isn't what I am looking for, instead it sounds as if she is trying to make a bargain with me for only half of what I want to know. My gut on the other hand is telling me to not let up and reinforce my request for what I want to know, it may only help a little knowing about her, but if I know about everything I can make sure nothing happens to our child and her. As she falls silent, I shake my head faintly as I reach out and place a hand lightly on her stomach, " I want you to tell me everything Trinity. About you and your brother. "

Post WC: 172
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:40 am

It was a shock to me that the tears hadn't started yet. I could feel them brimming just beneath the surface, tightening my chest and causing my stomach to churn, but they weren't yet threatening to fall. When I feel Ingel's hand come to my belly, over our child, I lift my face to his and listen to him refuse my offer of half the truth in exchange for peace. Shaking my head again, I try in vain to explain why I can't tell him about Jasper. "I can't, Ingel, I want to but I can't risk losing you or my brother because of the truth. I've already lost most of my relationship with Jasper over this, I can't risk telling you things that could send him away for good." The tone of my voice had given way to pleading as I desperately seek out a tiny thread of hope. "Could you possibly hear something that would trigger the cop in you and then ignore it? Or trigger the Division 12 agent in you and ignore that? I don't want to put you in that position any more than I want to risk my brother's safety and freedom, Ingel, that's why I can't share all of this with you."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:50 am

As she brought her face up to mine, I looked into her eyes and began to listen to her as she began to speak once again, still not giving me what I seek. While listening to her I lightly rub her stomach and continue looking into her eyes. I could hear the pleading sound in her voice as she tried to find a way out of the situation but I wasn't going to let her out of it until I had the answer I am after. As she finished speaking I sight lightly and lean in, placing a kiss on her forehead, " You have to tell me Trinity even if it is so dangerous that it has a chance to cause your brother to lose his freedom. You have to have faith in me Trinity and understand that is the right thing to do for the baby. I need to know in order to keep you two safe so please, I'm asking you again. Tell me what it is that you are hiding from me, what are you and your brother keeping from me. "

Post WC: 186
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:23 am

"Fine. You win." I say it with a sigh as I reach over to move his hand off of my belly. "But I can't do it with you touching me, I'm sorry. I might even have to get up and move around cause I don't think I can get through the whole thing if I even look at you." Focusing my gaze on my lap, I take a deep breath and start from the beginning, while silently praying that this won't ruin my brother's life or mine.

"You know Jasper and I were sent to an orphanage after our mother was committed, and I told you about Alexis and her hauntings. What I haven't told you is that I am not normal either. I don't have the hauntings that Lexi had, but I was able to see them... which is abnormal enough to begin with but... well I'm getting ahead of myself, sorry. Jasper was released from the orphanage years before I was. When he was young and roaming the streets to avoid dealing with the nuns, he got in with a dangerous crowd... one that ended up offering him a job. He was a runner for a loan shark until his release from the system. When he was on his own, the shark took him in and trained him to fight. Then he set him up as one of his collectors. Jasper worked on the wrong side of the law for years to make sure he had more than enough money to take care of me when I finally came of age and moved in with him. He continued to work his way up the chain under this shark until last year. That's when he met with his current boss and finally got the chance to go legit. He's completely legit now, working a real job in security, you know that, but he has a criminal past though he was never caught or charged."

Feeling a little antsy about this next part, I get up from the couch and begin pacing the living room floor as I continue to speak. "I don't know if you remember or not but a while back there was a shooting at that little bakery on Grand Ave., the mom pop joint. Anyway, one man died there, his name was Kai and he was an associate of Jasper's. The two of them went there that night to collect on a debt the bakery owner's dirty son owed their boss. The son didn't have the money to pay so he ended up shooting Jazz and Kai. I had followed them that night to find out what they were really up to. By the time I made it to the kitchen Kai was already dead and Jazz wasn't far behind. Their boss told me to get Jazz outside and wipe the place clean of our presence. I wiped everything down, left Kai's body as instructed, and tried to move my brother into the alley behind the bakery. You know Jazz, he isn't a light person, he's all muscle and I am not strong by any meaning of the word. I could barely drag him three feet without breaking a sweat and getting winded. Then it happened, I found out how different I am. Something came over me, I'm still not sure what it was, all I know is that it was more than just a surge of adrenaline. I was suddenly able to lift and carry my brother's limp body as if he were the size of a child. The boss's men met us in the alley and took Jazz to some experimental lab place. He was bad off, Ingel, he shouldn't have lasted as long as he did. There were three bullets in him, one was a through and through, one punctured his lung, and the other acted like a pinball with all of his major organs. While the doctors and scientists tried to save him, he flat lined three times. That's when I signed the papers. They replaced the damaged tissues and organs with cybernetic implants. Basically he is part man, and part machine now. He has special abilities because of these implants, abilities that his boss wanted to keep on his payroll because they could come in handy. So far there's been no trouble from the boss, but Jasper isn't letting his guard down any time soon on that front."

Stopping my pacing with my back turned to the man I love, I heaved another sigh and lowered my head. "I guess that's everything, all the big stuff really. My brother used to be a criminal and now he's kind of like a cyborg and I have some random ability to summon inhuman strength in times of desperation." I didn't know how he was going to take what I had said, I couldn't face him for fear that I would see the cop in him take over and send him out the door to arrest my brother or lock him up in some Div 12 holding cell immediately.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:07 am

I was relieved to hear she was finally going to tell me what was going on, now I will finally know. When Trinity pushed my hand from her stomach I didn't stop her and let my hand fall to my side as I watched her. As she spoke, I nodded, understanding what she was saying, I had no problem with that, if she needed to get up and move away from me in order to tell me, that was fine. when she finally began to speak, this time giving me the answers I wish to know, I remained silent and listened intently to what she had to say. I was a little surprised to hear that she could see things like her sister could see. But as she began to talk about Jasper, I couldn't help but think that we share a bit of a smiler background, though unlike them, I lost my only parent when I was young. In all honesty, I could understand and sympathize with what Jasper did in his younger years, it is something that I did when I was younger and he was doing it for a good cause despite it being bad, or at least thought of as bad. I truly had no problem with Jasper's criminal past, like him, I had a criminal past and that is just something in the past, it cant be changed, the only thing you can do is try to make up for the mistakes you made in your past.

When she finally rose from the couch and began to walk away, I watched her as she continued speaking. When she asked if I remembered a shooting that took place it took me a moment but I remembered something about that incident, though I remained silent and continued listening to her. What she was saying sounded like your typical money collection attempt, but gone wrong. I couldn't believe that Jasper was almost killed, the guy looks as healthy as an ox now. As she continued and began to talk about what happened to her, it seemed a bit familiar. When it shifted back to her brother, I knew he should have died from the way she was describing it, with so much damage there was no way he would have survived under normal circumstances. As she began to talk about how Jasper survived I tried to keep a cool head and understand it from an different perspective and keep my line of work out of it, he was dieing and it was the only way for him to continue living and if he were to die then Trinity wouldn't have any family practically and he is someone she depends on. Though, now that she is telling me this, I couldn't help but think of how I have been starting to feel about the things I do in Division 12, the way I have began feeling about the demons we hunt down..

As she fell silent, I looked at her for a moment before I rose from the couch and began to move over to her. Coming up behind her, I reach out and carefully place my hands on her sides and pull her back against me if she lets me. " I see... I can't say that I blame your brother for what he did when he was younger. I myself am guilty of such things. I know what its like to have to do what you have to in order to survive and take care of the ones you love. " Pausing for a moment, I take in a deep breath and slowly exhale it as I sigh lightly, " And what was done to him.... " I pause once more before I continue, " .. Your brother isn't a bad person Trinity, he is a good person, he is motivated by something that is very important to him, you. And like him, I am motivated by you and now our child. I fight to keep the people and city safe. Though like I told you earlier today, I realize that there may be spirits that simply wish to live in peace with us. Now, your brother isn't a spirit, but he is different then normal humans, but he isn't here to hurt us, so why should I lock him up? I have no reason to... even though I work for Division12, there codes do not dictate all my actions, they simply provide me with steps and actions I can take when something happens. Now, if I chose to do that is up to me. Work is a second in my mind unless it is something very important that deals with the first, which is those I care about. "

Post WC: 791
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:21 am

Even before he reached out to touch me, I knew Ingel was coming up behind me. I couldn't help but allow my body to stiffen just as his touch came to my flesh but I did not fight when pulled me against his body. Though I remained somewhat tense against him, I let him hold me and say what he needed to. With each new admission, and assurance that my brother, our child, and myself would all be safe despite my telling our secrets, I began to relax against the man I love. When he finished, I finally let the tears begin to flow, out of relief now that I knew we would be alright. Turning in his arms, I look up to him with crying eyes and speak through the breaking of my voice. "So you're ok with everything? Even me being different and possibly passing that on to our child?" I needed him to confirm this, more than I think I've ever needed anything before. I could already feel some of the huge crushing weight being lifted from my heart. Should he assure me that he still loves me and still wants to make this life with me and our baby work, I knew that the rest of the weight would follow suit.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)   

Back to top Go down

Let Truth Rain (Closed, Surreal)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next