H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Divided Heart (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Strayed
Intern

Male
Number of posts : 401
Rep! : 4
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: The Divided Heart (Open)   Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:23 pm

Alone a heart divided shall rip it’s self apart, without balance there can be no hope for peace. That witch cannot live in harmony, will seek to destroy the other to create order.

I sat there, on the street bench. The fading light of day danced across the windows of the buildings and reflecting on the ground. For a long time I sat there, thinking. I wasn’t sure what else to do. Just go on with my life as if nothing was wrong, like nothing had changed? But things had changed, and I wasn’t sure what that meant. I hated him though I wasn’t sure why, He hadn’t forced me to do anything. Even the choice had been mine, he’d only offered the question, but I had chosen the answer. Even when I hadn’t known the truth, we’d been friends. I thought he was the closest thing to a brother I could ever have. After he’d explained the truth I’d thought about killing myself and just ending it all there. I was weak, I couldn’t do it. Yet every night it was the same. I was a sane, kind, logical person now, but after dark that would change. I wouldn’t think the same then; I wouldn’t care to question my actions I would just do. The only person who could cut through that haze was him, as much as I hated to admit it; I still needed him to help me keep myself in control. I think he knew that, well of course he did. No matter what names I called him, how much I swore I hated him, He still helped me, never held it against me. Maybe as much as I wanted to blame him I could only blame myself. I couldn’t run away, there was no place for me to hide from the reality of what I now was. To alienate myself from only person that knew and could help me, would be stupid, no matter how much I disagreed with his methods. I groaned and ran my fingers through my hair.
“What am I going to do?” I moaned softly as the hand came back down over my face. I could just start locking myself in my apartment at night. But if I locked myself in there’s no saying that I wouldn’t be able to unlock myself. My watched beeped and drew my attention away from increasing depressing thought. Six thirty, I had exactly thirty more minutes before the sun was completely gone, and with it my restrain over my instincts.

Words 425

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 143
Location : In the ninth reach of hell, sitting by an infernal pool, looking at you with my bell ready to toll.
Rep! : 3
Registration date : 2010-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:59 am

The night was young, and the story was about to begin. It was time to crash a party. The young male's auburn hair had a light sway and lift to it, a rather elegant look which seemed everpresent despite the constant motion he went through. He straightenned out his suit, looking in the small bathroom mirror in his appartment, the front door which was almost always locked right next to its entry. He didn't use that door much. He smirked, his camera hanging by the strap around his neck, taking up a leather bag and putting his camera inside, the tighter strap on it holding it tight to his back, his hands now free to use his prefered exit. He opened his window, stepping out onto the fire escape, letting a breeze blow through his hair, a smirk growing into a toothy grin.
"Showtime." he said, closing the window and locking its custom keyhole he purchased just for this purpose. He ran up the fire escape, reaching the roof in no time, being one of the top floors of the building, and climbing atop it before running along his personal highway. He jumped from city roof to city roof with ease, making his way across the jungle of stone and steel, between the towers of glass, towards the celebrity hotspot of the town where rumors said a big story was about to unfold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:49 am

I got up from the bench and stuffed my hands into the pockets of my jacket. I had set my watch to give me time to get home. Not that I had anything to worry about after hours, but everyone else might if I even encountered the slightest amount of blood, it would trigger a reaction that I couldn’t resist. I gazed at the streets in the shrinking rays of light, and crossed the street. As I did, the scream of tires against pavement and a shrill gasp took my attention back. Before my conscious mind had time to react my instincts as a protector had kicked in hurling my body into the street and snatching the woman from the collision course with a sports car. We both tumbled back, but my arms held her close, letting my spine and shoulders bear the brunt of us both hitting the asphalt. I grave a small grunt and winced. The woman clung to me a moment with her eyes tightly shut until she realized she was lying on top of me. She glanced around and pulled away to kneel next to me. I rise to face her.
“Are you alright?” I asked giving her a quick once over. She smiled back at me, though I had not offered her one.
“Thank you; I’m fine thanks to you.” She said with a grateful tone. I was relieved but the moment was short lived. She had not escaped unharmed; I could smell the blood from the scratch on her arm. It sent a thrill through my body that was beyond pleasure. I bit my lip as I tried to ignore it. My fangs had already elongated and pierced the flesh of my mouth. I tried to just focus on the pain a moment.
“Are you…alright?” She asked, I must have looked like I was in a lot of pain at that moment. When I didn’t respond the woman reached for me, the monster inside jumped for joy, I didn’t even have to chase her she was coming to me. My hand shot forward, grabbing her wrist before she touched me. She jerked back in surprise, as I pulled her closer. So close I could feel her pulse in my mind driving me to near madness. I looked up at her, my once soft grey eyes a blazing ruby red. She screamed and for moment snapped me back to the present. I pushed her way knocking her down once more. For moment I nearly went after her a second time, but I forced myself to run. I dashed down the nearest alley and collapsed against the wall. My heart raced, and mind was flooded with the need to satisfy my hunger. It was no normal hunger, I could eat as much as I wanted during the day, and it never stemmed the need for blood at night. I grabbed my head punching the wall in frustration.
“No! I’m not doing it! I won’t give in!” my leighbored breathing slowed after a minute, as beads of sweat ran down my face and landed on the collard of my shirt. It seemed for now I had taken back control, maybe I could beat this thing. But I wasn’t sure how many people had saw, or what that woman believed she had seen. They could be looking for me, and so I would need to keep moving. In a moment I would, but I just needed to rest here a bit longer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male
Location : In the ninth reach of hell, sitting by an infernal pool, looking at you with my bell ready to toll.

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:56 am

As though the screech of tires weren't enough, the scream surely drew enough attention to divert the young male free-runner's attention. It wasn't long before that party, but this was worth the diversion. He watched the entite event from the save onward, catching snapshots of the two narrowly avoiding being hit and of the woman being jerked then pushed. Curiosity overwhelmed the human, following the male's path from his rooftop vantage, watching the male intently and hearing his monologue, trying to get a clean shot at the highest available zoom. In his mind he had a million questions, all of them dancing about this most intriguing turn of events.

Last edited by Scaarion on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:08 am

After a moment I pulled myself together and rose to my feet. My head peeked out around the corner before being followed by the rest of me. My stare grew colder, what would I do now. I wasn’t going to run back to Raziel, I was done being his source of entertainment. I was not playing his game anymore, whatever he had planned I’d show him that I was not as weak as he thought I was. The good news was it didn’t look like anyone had followed me. But I had neglected to look up…

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:17 am

The man took a few more quick shots before moving on, continuing to follow this mysterious figure. He needed a better shot, and he was willing to wait for it, though he knew he'd probably have to get closer, eventually. Curiosity would be his end one day.

Last edited by Scaarion on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:31 am

It hadn’t taken me long to find the where abouts of my pet. As usual he was sulking, and refusing to feed. I almost sighed as I watched him, he was a stubborn one. Of course it didn’t take long to see he was not alone. I shook my head, we are the ones that stalk humans not the other way round, I thought to myself. Brice would have to learn this on his own, I concluded as I shifted into the ever growing shadows.

However, there was something that bothered me so as the stranger was busy taking a few more snap shots of my servant; I stepped out of a nearby shadow. As the shadows released me from their gripe I reached easily over the younger man snatched the camera away.
“I believe it is illegal to take photos of someone that has not given their consent. Furthermore I am obligated by law to release you of this temping device.” I informed him with a cold smooth tone and an equally cold stare.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:35 am

While the camera was easily grabbed by this being, the man's grip was not so easily shattered. That camera was his life, and his hands remained on it, his body following its motion, "Hey! Lay off, this dude..." he stopped, a shiver running down his spine as he looked into the other's eyes. Something wasn't right, and it wasn't just the fact that this guy was up here, in the free-runner's terf. "Who the hell are you?" One hand still held the camera, the strap hanging over his arm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:48 am

I watched, amusement danced through my eyes as he spoke, I do believe I’ve spooked him, how cute I think to myself. Normally I would be very angry with someone picking on Brice, but this youth seemed harmless enough, and so I had no reason to be anything but pleasant. But the darker side of me wanted to make him sweet it out. I grinned flashing my pair of fangs. I leaned in closer letting my eyes flare a crimson color as I leaned into him, still refusing to lessen my grip on his machine.
“Dear boy, you should be more concerned about what I am, not who I am…” I whispered softly in his ear before releasing him camera and pulled back. “I am Raziel, but you may call me Raz” I said with an elegant bow, and a smirk to top it off, hopefully he would catch on that I was just toying with him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:01 am

The male half-stumbled a step back, having already been leaning back from the sudden invasion of his space. He blinked, looking the other over extremely carefully, noticing the more elegant than average attire, incredibly formal and 'correct' postur, and that his weight placement was just a bit too precise to be human. The fangs did nothing for him, stranger things could be found on the internet than a fanged man or woman, but his eyes flashing red couldn't be explained by anything short of the most precisely calculated light show in existence, or supernatural activity.

Frankly, neither option was all that comforting.

The man was a bit on edge, he knew already that, whatever this thing was, he was nothing to it. It pulled him like a doll by his camera, something not many could do. But even stranger was the fact that he got up here and into possition to grab his camera without being noticed at all.

"Max." was all he said in respones, glancing back down behind him, keeping track of his target and carefully sizing up the surrounding area before looking back at the other being. "You said what you are is more important, so mind telling me just what you might be, or am I to assume you're some form of Vampire?" Max almost scoffed at his own final comment, the modern vampire crazed teenage fangirls being enough to make him sick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:22 am

My intense gaze stayed on him as he named himself and then asked if I was a Vampire.
“You believe in such things?.” I asked with a surprised but still amused manner. He was interesting I thought as I began to pace around him, still keeping my gaze with his. “Vampire is not a bad way to describe what we are…” I said as my gaze briefly left his to motion towards Brice. When I looked back it was with a more serious stare. “Do I have some confidence that you would not be planning on exposing our secret?” I asked, once more I let gaze harden into an icy glare, I didn’t want to be harsh, but our safety and well being had to come first and foremost.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:27 am

Max was stopped cold by that comment, taking a step back, much more on guard now than before. "Was this guy serious?" he thought to himself, a slight amount of shock on his face, but curiousity was still dominant... He was a cat after all... "You're... you're serious?" he asked in rhetoric, already knowing the answer.

"You mean to tell me that I'm face to face with humanity's most commonly portrayed predator, the biggest threat to our piece in the food chain...?" he asked again, now taking a step forward, "Only one question, and I hope to god the answer is no..."
He took a a look over the man, glancing over to Brice, "Please tell me you don't sparkle..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:36 am

The question caught me a bit off guard and I laughed, with a small sigh I shook off the amusement.
“Sparkle?” I asked lifting my brows in questioning manner. “No, I can’t say that we do, unless you were to cover us in glitter.” I said my tongue toying with the ring that was pierced through it a bit before seeing that Brice was getting out of range.
“Shall we move as we talk?” I asked stepping to the edge of the roof.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:50 am

Max was uneasy, but unable to resist his curious tendancies... He hesitantly nodded, moving to the edge of the building a bit more swiftly than Raz, moving to jump to the next, knowing that the other could easily follow if he wanted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:05 am

I followed with ease, though I could have simply shadow traveled instead. I took notice of Brice’s new route and sighed, he was heading towards gothstone. I watched as the Youth followed and turned to him. “You don’t seem like most people, I enjoy finding open minds, would perhaps be open to spending the evening with me?” I asked, I had other business to attend to besides being Brice’s baby sister. While I did have duty to watch over and guide him, I couldn’t be expected to avoid my other responsibilities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:22 am

Max looked back to the other, still incredulously curious about him, "You're inviting me to spend and evening with you? Sounds like a bad rape plot... or like I'm on the menu..." he said, fairly supicious of the 'vampire'. He continued to walk, trying to stay in vacinity of Brice, his original story topic, "You said you enjoy finding open minds, what exactly do you mean by that?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:40 am

I smirked as he stated my intentions sounded anything but pure.
“I meant just what I said. Most people go through life blind, ignorant, but happy with their simply but utterly pointless existence. Content to believe that they are the only things that inhabit this world. To challenge such a secure and comforting belief is to welcome their resistance, and even their wrath. But you, “ I shook looked over to him, before gazing back over the city ”you don’t accept that, in fact I would almost say that you want to know there is something more than this” I smiled “Am I right? Well that is what I offer, a simple evening to peek into the other world of this fine city.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:56 am

Max stopped, looking to the being with his mouth only slightly open, just enough to see his teeth in a state of subconscious self-utterence. His eyes carefully examined the other's, trying to find any and every detail as to the other's true intention. He agreed with what was said, he was an incredibly curious and analytical person, wanting to learn anything he could and observing everything that crossed his path with the utmost attention to detail... After a long, silent moment of consideration, the male looked to Raz, a determined and straightforward expression on his face.

"So if I go with you, and I give my word not to reveal you or your kind, you will bring me back unharmed and unaltered, right?" he asked, his arms crossed, now examining the other to the best of his ability. Though curious, he was not reckless, nor was he stupid. Strangers were rarely on his 'most trusted' list, and this guy was no exception.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:08 am

I gave a nodded that swayed the crimson bangs forward. “You have my word; I will not do anything you do not wish.” I repeated. “As I said, you’ll be my guest, and I will treat no less.” I assured him looking over the city and I waved a hand for him to come closer. I poked and leaned over “See that Cathedral, just over those building in Gothstone? That is mine, it is a theater called Dante’s Palace. That is our destination; I have customers I must check in on for the night.” I stood back up and put my hands in the pockets of my nice ruby red jacket. “I can get us there faster than walking, if you wish it. Unless you don’t trust being so close to me.” I said with a toothy grin.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:15 am

One of Max's own hands now slid into his pocket, playing at a small, round object for a moment before pulling it out, revealing a dark grey die with twenty faces, numerically listed in fine engravings of a far brighter metallic silver color. He rolled it around his palm, letting it revolve a few times before it came to a rest in the center, an 18 facing straight upwards. "I think I'll take my chances with you. Let me guess, some kind of teleportation?" he asked, pocketing the die once more and looking to the other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:25 am

I gave a deep chuckle “You watch too much TV, I have a car” I said pulling a metallic object of my own from my pocket, and clicked the red button. Across the street from the last building we had been on, a jet black mustang Milano chirped as the alarm clicked off and the locks opened. I gave a sly look then passed him and stepped off the side of the building. I knew it was a horribly cliché way for me to get to the street below but it was easy and fast. I moved to the small car that shown purple in certain rays of light and opened the driver’s side door. Leaning on it I waited for him to follow and get in before I Would shift into the drivers seat.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:31 am

Max looked to the car, slightly embarassed by the assumption and not quite able to truly hide it. "Oh..."

In all honesty, he was kind of hoping that it would have been teleportation... He was always curious if it was possible. After watching the man merely step off the building he blinked, looking down, wondering just which parts of television were 'too much' in this one's mind... He hopped over the building's edge, holding the ledge and hitting the side with both feet, kicking himself off to the fire-escape and hopping down level by level far quicker than most could run down it. He reached the ladder, taking hold of the sides and sliding the rest of the way down until he had to drop, not truly wanting to cause a ruckus with the ladder hitting the ground.

He walked casually to the car, his bodily flow unhindered by the sudden burst of activity. He was rather looking forward to this night, he only wished he were allowed to take more pictures.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:36 am

I closed the door and started the car. It gave a low growl, that echoed a strong engine and we pulled into the street smoothly. The radio switched on from my previous ride and smooth jazz flooded softly from the speakers. I dialed down the volume and lit a cigarette, cracking a window so the smoke did not fog the interior.
“So, do you normally let a dice decided things for you?” I asked my eye firmly on the road.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:42 am

Max's hands slipped into his pocket, pulling the solid metal die out once more, "Kinda... It doesn't really decide for me, it just helps me judge..." he said, toying with it in his hand, the weight almost comforting for him now, "Y'see, I'm not a big practitioner of fate or pre-destined events, but I do believe everything that happens, happens for a reason." he said, looking to Raz, thankful he had the courtessy to crack the window. "This die is my way of gauging my luck from time to time when I have a hard decision to make, since the luck of the die is one of the easiest to judge." he said with a slight smirk, leaning back, "This die has never truly done me wrong in all the years I've used it. Even when it 'failed' while gaming, it always came through in the end." he explained with a remniscent tone, "I can put my faith in something which only shows a measure, and I can still make a choice contradictory to it if I really want. But seeing your luck can really help you to thoroughly think through a decision."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:48 am

I gave a nodded, that seemed reasonable, though I wasn’t about to run out and get one for myself. “I see, you’re just full oddities aren’t you?” I said smiling as the cigarette hung from lips as I used both hands to turn the car. “I’m hungry, you mind if I make a stop?” I asked casually, as if I was taking about fast food, and for me it was nothing more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:51 am

He blinked, looking about the car, "There are only two seats, you taking 'em with or just gonna make it quick?" he asked in almost the same fashion as Raziel, understanding full well what he was going to be feeding on. Max didn't particularly mind, so long as he, himself weren't on that menu, nor forced to eat from it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:05 am

I gave a slight shrug in return “No need to take them along” I said smiling as we turned into a nice residential area. We had already crossed over into gothstone, but I was starving, I had missed my chance earlier in the night do to Brice’s little outburst. Normally I could have waited, but I expended some energy with my shadow tricks as well. Eventually the car stops in front of a house and I turn it off and get out. I wait for Max, as I had promised to show him my world, and this was a big part of it. The house was nice two story home a vintage look about it. Light from inside gave the windows a warm feel. I rang the bell and waited with my hands in my pockets until the door open. A beautiful blonde woman answered the door. She was in a very nice dress with long sleeves, around her neck was a pentagram and her hair was tied back in a loose pony tail. She other assorted beads around her wrists as well.
“Raziel? T’s been awhile, I was wondering when you come to visit again.” She said with a sweet smile. I returned it as I spoke.
“Good evening Clair, I’m sorry we can’t stay long.” I said.
“Oh it’s alright I was just cleaning up the kitchen, please come in. Who’s your friend?” she said stepping aside.
“This is Max, Max meet Clair.” I said as I stepped into the parlor with her.
“Oh? Will he been joining us?” she asked.
“No, he’s human” I said with a grin, that she returned as I sat on the couch. Clair looked to max.
“Nice to meet you Max, would you like some tea, something to eat?” she asked in a very sweet tone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:48 pm

Max blinked, looking over the woman from the moment she answered the door. Beautiful, and with a gothic theme, obviously a vampire of some kind from the way she was speaking with Raz. "Um, no, thank you." he said politely, entering with Raziel, "I don't want to be any trouble," he looked about the building, wondering just what Raziel was going to be eating in a fellow vampire's home. He halfway expected blood bags or humans chained downstairs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:39 pm

Lair nodded to max “Alright, if you change your mind just let me know.” She said kindly before she turned and pulled the curtains shut in the front room where we sat. She took a seat in a nice chair and looked to me. I pushed off the seat and knelt at the foot of her chair as she extended her arm. Gently I take it and roll up her sleeves in a very tender manner. Once her arm was exposed up to just above the elbow I gave her inner elbow a soft kiss. The kiss might appear to be an endearing gesture, however it survived another purpose. I was able to easily find her veins threw the pulse and pin point my bit with the least about of resistance and least amount of pain for her. Clair watched me as I opened my mouth letting the fangs hang on her a skin a moment before they popped through the surface. She let out a soft moan and ran her fingers through my hair. My eyes flared back to the crimson red color from before, a sign that the demon within was fully awakened. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the brief moment of ecstasy before pulling away and holding the wound shut with my free hand. Clair handed me a bandage and with the same care, I gently wrapped her arm for her. I rose whipping some blood from my lips. If there had been any questions about her being human her lack of regeneration would have put those to rest. She was completely human in every way. I gave her a peck on the forehead and thanked her.
“You’re a life saver Clair.” I said and she smiled back.
“Oh you know I like to think I’m more of a lollipop, Raz” She joked. I moved towards the kitchen.
“Haha, you’re very quant, what would you like?” I asked
“Oh I just ate, maybe some powerade though.” Claire responded. Normally I would cook her dinner after such an act. But she’d already eaten, and she had known me long enough that she was used to giving blood, so I didn’t have to worry about the prospect of her fainting. Still I insisted that she drank something, and didn’t get up for about 10 to 15 minutes to make sure.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:39 am

Max looked over the woman a bit more curious now, easily identified as a human at this point. He watched, rather intrigued by this whole thing, "I'm curious, if you use her to feed repeatedly..." he leaned back a bit in his chair, "Why hasn't she turned?" he was genuinely intrigued, "What is it that turns someone if not the bite?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:20 am

I smile to myself as I reentered the room and handed a glass of water to Clair.
“Well not all of us can, sire others to become what we are, generally only the older or stronger ones can do that. Some people even change without being sired, with dark rituals I hear. I haven’t met to many other’s with the ability to actually change humans, besides myself and the Woman that changed me I’ve never meat another. I’ve hear many things, that it depends on the personality and nature of the one performing the change. I only revile my method to those that accept to be changed.” I looked over to Clair.
“How are you feeling?” I asked.
“I’m fine Raz, stop worrying about it.” She said with a smiled and looked back to Max “Raz is pretty picking though about whom he changes. I’ve tried at least 2 times to have him agree….But he never does.” She pouted.
“If I changed all my donors, I would starve. Besides I told you when you agreed to be my Donor that would be a relationship that could never change. If you complicate things, I might have to disappear out of your life.” I said with a smirk, and Clair gave a glare in return and threw a pillow from the chair at me.
“Oh knock it off!” she grumbled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:37 am

Max chuckled lightly at the two's bickering. She obviously adored the male very much, or at least lusted after him. "I see, well then I won't bother to ask the details." he said, looking at Raz curiously, "It's interesting... I never actually thought about donors as a vampire..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:50 am

I smiled back at Clair; it was actually a conversation she might have pressed further with if Max wasn’t actually here. I knew she liked me more than what I allow our relationship to become, but I had many reasons for not letting this go further with her, not that I disliked her. As max spoke I nodded “I didn’t think of it at first either, but with the Division 12 in the city, I had to adapt my life style. They aren’t found of finding dead bodies drained of their blood. And unlike the police, they are well aware of my kind. Plus I’m not a big fan of not being able to control myself, if I can avoid taking a life and staying off the division’s hit list all the better. They do a good job though, most the newly turned are picked off after a few weeks when the division deciphers their killing patterns.” I said looking back to Clair who just nodded in agreement. I didn’t like the Division much, but I had to give them some credit, they were exceptional at their work.
“So, how did you meet Raziel?” Clair asked max, after taking a sip of water.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:41 am

Max sat there, thinking a long thought, one not of what he spoke. Aloud, he said, "We met on a rooftop," a straight-forward answer of the pondering mind that sat before them. He was analyzing them the entire time, his mind swarming with questions just waiting to be answered, preconceptions which had readily been dismissed, and entire processes of thought recycled, re-used, and restarted time and time again, all in a very short period of time. Hiz eyes drifted to the floor, his left hand moving to his lip, the elbow holding it resting upon his right wrist's back. He sat in a fairly relaxed position, though his eyes gazed intently at the floor and his left index finger now curled upward, exposing a knuckle which sat just between his lips, but not parting them yet. He was intent and in a state of deep thought, thought on things of which he had long read about and witnessed the 'horror' of on the silver screen, but was now shown were a reality, a fact that walked among all others, a true wolf in sheep's clothing.

These creatures cannot be alone, they are being systematically hunted by an organization I've only ever heard about from drunks and hobos... But they are also incredibly intelligent, they set up systems to avoid detection and are being constantly weeded out. Raz here is probably considerably older than most, and as such one of the best adapted, in a sense we are selectively breeding only their strongest... If we're breeding them like this, though, where does section 12 get its funding, its equipment, or its intelligence from? I know the government is fucked up and tax dollars shall provide, but why haven't they spilled? A publicized stigma can take care of any 'problem' the government has with the right spin off...

But with Raziel, he is obviously a very intelligent vampire... He's chosen donors who are attracted to him, assuming others serve him for the same reasons as Clair. And even if they didn't, they all would have to support the co-existence of the two specie to at least some extent... So maybe that's why the government didn't choose to make it public knowledge... But how many donors does Raziel need? Does he intend on making me one? Obviously he has no desire to kill me since he has donors available for blood. But what if he's getting tired of their taste? Maybe that's why he offered to 'show me his world.'

Max's expression was steady, straightforward, and completely consumed as his mind wandered about on the odd monologue of a tangent it so commonly went on. After a few moments of complete silence, dismissing the existance of all others around him for the period he was locked within it, he looked up to Clair and Raziel, speaking in absolute clarity and curiousity bundled together. "Raziel offered to show me his world, but now I want to know why he did. He said it was because I was different, I was a free thinker, but I know better. There has to be some motive behind this, something in it for him. Giving away charitable tours to the intelligent and aware isn't how you survived, it couldn't be. If you just gave every 'free thinker' you met a pass back stage, your secret would get out and you would be one hell of an easy target. Why do you trust me enough to tell me, and more importantly, what is it you want that I can give you that made you want to give me the pass?" While Max remembered it was for tracking a vampire, he neglected to mention this, not even believing it to be of major importance since an entire organization apparently did it anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:42 pm

I looked to Clair then back to Max with a grin “Because…” I gave a brief pause as I looked him over, as if the answer should be obvious to someone as intelligent as him. “You asked.” I finished leaning back in my seat while my gaze drifted out the small crack between the curtains of the window. “You see Max, I’m not one who questions why I do things, I simply do them.” My distant gaze did not waver as I spoke. “I’m not sure why I chose you, maybe I was bored, maybe I was Lonely, or maybe I was just simply….” I looked back over to him. “Foolish… either way, what you choose to do with this experience is up to you.” I stood and turned to Clair.
“You’ve been a wonderful host, but as I was telling Max, I have business to attend to at the Theater.” I said and Clair smiled.
“It’s alright, don’t be a stranger Raziel” She said as I held out my hand and helped her to her feet. She walked me to the door and I looked back to Max.
“So are you still coming chavi?” I asked as I kissed Clair on her forehead and headed out the door.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:29 am

Max was still pondering, even now. Perhaps he was overthinking it, why need there be an alterior motive? Just because every human had one didn't mean that every vampire did... But all vampires were once human.... Maybe it was something you outgrew, like pokemon and yugioh... He moved in a fluid motion, bowing lightly to Clair on his way out, "Thank you very much for your hospitality." he said politely, walking after Raziel. He was ever-suspicious of the man, but he wasn't sure why... Maybe it was because he tried to take his camera...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:46 am

I walked to the car and got in waiting for Max as I turned it on and then took back up the route to the theater. The jazz came back over the radio and I relaxed a bit. After a few moments I spoke.
“I know you’re not stupid, you’ve already figured the question out, and there’s no sense in avoiding it.” I said turning down the volume of the radio to near silence. “So max, what is your choice?” I asked glancing over at him. There was no sense playing game that’s outcome was already set. While that had not fully been my intent to bring such things up, humans always focused on it. I was hoping this way, whatever his choice was I could at least get it out of the way so he would be free of it the rest of the night. Though he might suspect that I would try to push matter, but a mind made up is a mind made up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:01 am

Max let out a heavy sigh, looking out the window as they drove, "I'm sorry that I brought that up in front of her. I know you don't want her becoming envious or anything, I didn't mean to jeopardize your relationship with her..." he said, turning back to Raziel now, "I know the question, but right now... I don't know the answer." he said plainly, sitting back and staring forward, drifting into his own little world, "I'm a very curious person, but I'm also cautious, if you hadn't noticed. While the idea of being potentially immortal, of being able to experience the life you have, is amazing... It's also somewhat..." he drifted off for a moment, searching for the right word.
"Disturbing." he said plainly, looking back to Raziel, a look of doubt on his face, "Don't get me wrong, I don't find your kind disturbing, nor your habits. You are a natural predator, or... erm... supernatural predator I guess... But none the less, you are just a predator making a living. I don't particularly like knowing that I'm prey, but I also don't quite know if I'm willing to treat the people I've known my whole life as prey..." he chuckled a bit after this, looking down.
"Plus, what would I tell my mom?" he spoke jestfully, trying to lighten the mood, "Hey ma! I'm now a member of the legions of the undead, aren't ya proud?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:16 am

I grinned and shook my head “We aren’t undead. During the day we are completely human, no worries about the sun or garlic, crosses and holy water are fine, silver bullets and steaks will do as much damage as any other weapon might. ” I said to clear up some common misconceptions thanks to Hollywood film makers and lore. “Well don’t dwell on it too much, Clair is one who wants what she can’t have, once she obtains she loses interest.” I explained as I drove. We turned the corner and pulled up in front of the Theater. A Huge gothic cathedral, fully light from the inside. People were coming and going from the large bronze double doors near the front and inside more could be seen mingling. I turned off the car and stepped out. When Max got out I would say “This is Dante’s Palace”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:19 am

Max chuckled, looking to the massive structure, "A fitting name, tell me, do you have a copy of Dante's Inferno available in the gift shop?" he asked in sarcastic humor, looking about the place.
"So, about how many people like you work here, or are they all actually normal?" he asked, avoiding the use of any terms that might draw attention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:30 am

I smiled “The only copy is in my room sadly. But no they are normal, so no scarring them hm?” I joked as I lead us threw the main hall to the lobby area. It was a rather busy night, mostly because of a new premier. Most of the men were in nice suits and the woman wore elegant evening dresses. I did stop to hello to a few, some actors other’s where produces or media critics along with a few normal folks. Or entire theater had been rented out for this particular occasion so the event halls had boards answering movie questions and giving interviews to the local papers and tabloids. I had even given a few tickets to some of my more wealthy doners. Of course there was the occasional clerk that stopped me asking to help with opening the register or to open the stock room for more of whatever we happened to be low on. I would tell Max to go about an entertain himself as saw fit, and that his camera was more than welcome in here, While I attended to business.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:41 am

Max chuckled, looking about. He had never expected to wind up right where he intended after meeting Raziel, right in the mix with celebrities of all types. However, for the first time in a very long time, he felt almost out of place among them. He wasn't sure why, but it was unusual. Pictures were what he did... This should be just as comfortable as sitting at home for him. No matter what, though, he needed a story by tomorrow, and Raziel had been generous enough to offer him an opportunity to get one without exposing him or his friend.

Max stretched a bit, taking out his camera. He was dressed for the occassion, may as well make good use of it. He approached a small group of actors and actresses who mingled happily, taking a look around the room and spotting, quite quickly, the posters for a local movie of a lesser known artist. No wonder he didn't recognize so many of the attendies. He approached with a calm smile and wave, his camera hanging around his neck, not being held for potshots.

"Hey, how're you doing tonight?" he asked casually, as though they were old friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:51 am

I’d missed the opening part of the premier, and after a few hours of making up for my absence I relaxed in the bar area of the lounge
”Rough night boss?” David asked handing me a glass of scotch. I smiled wirily at him.
“Nothing that I’m unequipped to handle, thanks” I said as I sipped the smooth liquor. A moment passed and I looked up. Though nothing outwardly had happen, I felt Brice’s anguish for some reason, and in far greater urgency than before.
“Damnit” I murmured under my breath, was there to be no rest for me tonight? I stood and headed for the front doors with a quick pace, putting my long red jacket back on as I moved. I wouldn’t be needing the Car this time, I had to travel fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:55 am

After a brief interview with a few members of the cast and others who had worked on the project or read about it, Max noticed the dark being walking out in a bit of a rush. He had to be going somewhere of importance, somewhere where he was needed by the look on his face. Only one thought came to mind, and that was the man from earlier. He seemed protective over him and actually managed to distract Max from pursuit. Max followed through the crowd of guests, watching Raziel intently, ready to begin a sprint at a moment's notice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:06 am

As I was heading threw the front doors I noticed max and stopped looking back.
“Stay here, something has come up, I can’t take you along.” I said sternly. This was the line between our worlds, the one that Max couldn’t cross. While doubted it was anything I couldn’t handle I was still unsure of the full situation. Brice was at least close by in the same area, meaning I shouldn’t have trouble Shadow shifting to his location. I moved across the street to an alley where the shadows were deeper.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:09 am

Max stopped at Raziel's command, understanding immediately the seriousness of this situation. After the man left, a wide grin spread across Max's face, because understanding the seriousness only made him want to know more. As soon as Raziel was gone, he ran after the male, keeping pace with ease to stay within visual range of the other, growing closer slowly and attempting to stay out of sight, though it was more difficult to do so from ground level than the rooftops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:21 am

I stepped into the shadow letting it wrap around me and everything became black. In the darkness I could feel Brices aura like a small purple glimmer in the void and Moved towards it, what I was unaware of was that I had left a portal in my wake of teleportation. As I emerged from a shadow cast by a truck I could see Brice in the middle of the road. And around him two woylfs. And Brice was not looking to splendid. He had a multitude of cuts all over his body. My eyes flared in rage, as my claws grew and I dashed forward at the same time the Woylf lung for Brices crumbled body. We met in the air and my claws slashed a deep wound across the Creatures face. It snarled and withdrew as the other began to pace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:29 am

Max caught up just as the shadows consumed the strange being. He looked in slight shock as a riftway was left open, swallowing a bit hard as he approached, looking inward. His hand instinctively slid into his pocket, pulling that same die from earlier out once more, rolling it about his hand until it finally came to rest an eternal moment later, a betraying 10 staring back at him. Max looked, loathing his luck right now, as it left too much grey space. However, his curiousity needed to be quenched, one way or another. He looked to the portal, sliding his camera into his leather bag and his die back into his pocket before moving into the rift, feeling the unfamiliar tingle of dark energies wrap about him, chills flowing throughout him as a slight dizziness warped his perception during the phase.

Everything was dark... all went silent... Only the cold loneliness between spaces greeted him as he stepped where no human should, going through shadows in the wake of Raziel only to feel as though they were drowning him. When he emerged from the other side, the cold night was a warmth which he felt he had waited three lifetimes to feel again, his body and soul chilled merely from the experience of teleportation.

But, that warmth was short lived. A chill ran down his spine once more as he saw the two beings he could only identify as lycanthropes of some kind assaulting Brice, though Raziel was quick to remove one threat. Max moved back, keeping as silent as possible and reaching out to touch the wall, his eyes locked on the battle. This was not a time for pictures.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strayed
Intern

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:42 am

I swung around as the second creature jumped forward I brought up my hand for another slash but it was grabbed my the monstrous hand and before I could pull away I was flung into the air and brought back down to meet the oh so devastating crush of asphalt against my body. I gave a cough as the monster did not let go and swung me into a car then a lap post and finally hurled me across the street. I could only assume Brice had already felt what I was feeling as blood dripped down my lip. It took me a minute to get up but I did get up. The woylf took to all fours and rushed forward fangs ready. I glared and dashed up the side of the wall that was cornering me. I jumped into the air and landed behind the beast taking a few swift swipes that sliced through it’s tendons like butter. The creature’s legs collapsed under it as blood split on the ground from the veins I had also cut. A ghostly howl turned into a screen as a woman now lay there bleeding over the ground and screaming. Her screams were cut short by a gun shot, and a hole between the eyes. I looked back to see Brice still holding the gun on the ground. I smiled and moved over to him.
“Good shot” I praised as knelt down looking him over. “You really need to learn to regenerate, this cuts look bad” I said softly. Brices gaze avoided mine.
“They ambushed me” he said coldly and I sighed.
“Yes that is what wolves do.” I said helping him to his feet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scaarion
Rookie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:56 am

Max looked in a mixture of awe and horror at what he had just witnessed. However, the horror was not from the beasts, nor from the blood and gore. It wasn't even for the fact that she had changed back into a woman.

No, the horror was that he was too afraid to take a snapshot during the fight. It was beyond the shadow of a doubt that he had found something truly larger than life, something he may potentially become a full part of one day. But, for now, his mind played at other games.

The biggest one was how to learn more.

He stepped from the shadows cautiously, looking over the area with the eyes of a well-trained analyst and photographer. The scene was brutal, a display of pure force and blood-drunk stupor possessing beings to tear one another apart. "I think I have more questions than answers," he said plainly, looking up to Raziel, "And I don't think you're going to like all of them."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Divided Heart (Open)   

Back to top Go down

The Divided Heart (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next