Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good Riddance...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:26 pm

A fox trotted along the familiar streets of the slums. She'd managed to enslave a pack of slavering, stupid spirits and she'd managed to intimidate a few local businesses. She was on her way to see her lover, a rather eccentric incubus, when something caught her attention. Her large ears, like satellite dishes, swiveled to meet the source of sound coming from the next aisle over, and she jumped, disappearing into an adjacent wall and reappearing on the other side as if the wall had been composed of water.
     Such a creature she'd never seen before, she thought, her ears perked forward in an alert expression as she crept upon the green beast. Maybe he was a Leprechaun. She made her way over with short, mincing steps before pitching a rather blunt question. "Umm... hey... I hate to interrupt but... do you taste good?"
     He seemed to be carrying on a rather animated conversation with himself. She wondered if he were a spirit or just a possessed midget.
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:18 pm

She licked her chops. The events of last night had her doubting herself. She considered possessed types humans, food even, especially the males, wherein the twin flames of lust and hunger could both be satiated, but that one who she'd spent the night with acted like anything but prey, and it had her a little unnerved. This little creature, however, she though, following up his retreat with her own coy steps forward, her fangs bared in a malicious smile, acted in a much more enabling manner.
     "Ye really believe that, huh?" she said, reverting to her street dialect. "Then ye won't mind if I try, Brother."
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:59 pm

The fox demoness continued to move forward, snarling, acting as though she would pounce any moment...
     ...but when he begged her not to eat him, she broke into benevolent laughter, the sound echoing around the near empty alleyways like the sound of a disturbed flock of crows. "Ah, Brother, you're alright. Heh he heh... no way you're from Onitoshi the way you act, unless..."
     She leaned down to make eye contact, a set of assumptions gathering in her head. "You went there for being a coward all your life... or maybe you're a recently dead human, huh? I don't really eat green stuff to be honest, Brother."
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 2:46 pm

"Oh?" she said interestedly upon hearing that he'd apparently been in hell for a long time. "Well, maybe you were born there. I was born in Koutaku-shi myself. Of course they threw my parents down into hell after they finished making me, but..."
     Her gaze settled off to the side for a moment before she shook her head suddenly, as though there was something unpleasant and annoying on her mind or muzzle and she wanted it off desperately. "Bah, anyways..." she grumbled, gathering her feet into a bunch below her and settling down, her tail coming to wrap about her body so she looked like a large hat. "If you were so comfortable down there, what exactly made you go through all the trouble of leaving the gate and coming here, eh? People here won't necessarily leave you alone just because you're nice, Brother."
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 6:46 pm

"Really?" the woman said, lifting one vulpine brow. So the threat of consumption seemed something this fellow was accustomed to. She didn't understand it completely herself. When she walked out of heaven, she did so with the knowledge and assumption that there would be eaters and the eaten. She'd rather be the former, so she trained her skills, and recently she'd developed a taste for human flesh, if only because they were weak. It was in her to antagonize the weak, being as strong as she'd become.
     "Well, if you trained a little you wouldn't have to worry about those things," she spoke at length. "What sort of demon was the storeowner?"
     She had a number of animal stereotypes residing in her mind and wanted to know if this fellow he spoke of fit into any of them.
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 7:41 pm

"Hmmm..." the fox demon began at the game of charades. Either he was a boar type or a walrus type... at least that's the only thing she could think of with actual "tusks" unless it was a mammoth. Well! All of those animals with tusks were very different, so she'd start by stretching out her paws. "Did he have 4 toes like this..." she spread all four toes of her front paw out like eagle talons. "Or did he only have 2 like this?" She put two of her toes against each other and paired off the other two, like a "v". "Or did he just have flippers?"
     She put all four of her paws together as though they might be if they were tied together.
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:01 pm

"An earth manipulator..." the fox grinned. "I ain't never seen one of those. Would be fun to fight him, though. Earth trumps my own powers..." she said, demonstrating in a moment by causing a rope of electricity to suddenly raise from the ground she sat on and wrap around her, hissing and snapping like some live thing. It dissipated into a hundred lights a few instants after it appeared, however, and she continued talking as though it hadn't happened. "He sounds like a boar, huh? I'd like to meet this shopkeeper one day. Might be fun jacking all his stuff, ya dig?"
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:15 pm

The vixen smiled calmly. It had been so long since she encountered a timid spirit, though she half expected him to be antagonized up the road by some other wandering spirit. Well, now that she thought about it, that was unlikely. There weren't very many demons in this area, as most lower spirits were a territorial lot and would reside in the forests where there was more territory to claim. "What can ye do?" she'd asked with a tilt in her voice that was not of curiosity.
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:15 pm

The woman seemed to have missed the show. She'd glanced off after an overhead flying moth and didn't seem to come back to the scene of the levitation until she heard him speak again. "Oh... right..." she grunted distractedly. "Awesome trick..."
     She gave a fake grin, trying to seem as though she'd been paying attention. "Bah, fuck it. Who am I foolin'? I missed it. I guess that's alright. It involved a rock, though, right?"
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:36 pm

The fox's eyes seemed to be focused on the stone this time. "The name's Grunty..." she said gruffly, not recalling anybody being able to use an ability like that either. Maybe she was just getting rusty... it seemed these new people had all sorts of useful abilities. She wrinkled her nose a bit, recalling how underdeveloped her own abilities with phasing through matter were. She'd have to train, of course. One never knew when some vicious demon would...
Well... where were the vicious demons? They certainly weren't anywhere around here, she thought with a bored yawn directed more inwards than at her friend. "The name's Grunty," she said cheerily, extending one paw as though for a shake.
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 3:52 pm

"Eh?" the woman began, tilting a furry eyebrow up once more as she looked at the sky. Mmmm... tasty birds. "I've never been to onitoshi. Like... they threw my parents down there and all, but I never really went to see if they're ok, you know?"
     A slight wind blew and the thick hair about her shoulders stirred. "I guess the slums would be better than hell, eh? But only slightly better..." she mumbled with a yawn and a stretch. "There's a lot of fun stuff to do here, though. You ever go clubbing?"
     An almost mischievous grin would come over her visage as she asked the question, as though having some nostalgia or some minor evil in the past.
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 4:51 pm

The woman began to trot off purposefully through the Commons, motioning for her friend to follow. "Naw, food ain't free unless you know how to get it. Usually I kill and eat humans. They're plentiful, though they ain't got much on their bones. Yea, humans hate all spirits pretty much. There's even this bunch called Division 12 who specifically shoot us in the head if they find us. It's why you want to stay out of the Metro. Places like this are safe. Anywhere you see sagging buildings are safe, yea?"
     She walked a bit more, thinking. "I guess you could apply for a job if they mistake you for a midget and not a gremlin. Maybe you could stock the bottom shelf at Paul-Mart..." she speculated on.
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:42 pm

"A magic tournament?" the woman's brows furrowed. "Are they giving any cash prizes? Maybe some booze? I could go for some booze..." she speculated on, stepping steadily over cracks in the pavement. They were a few blocks off from the club already. She could hear the low, earth-rumbling booms of the bass. "Then again, I ain't that strong compared to some of the lords of onitoshi, eh? I don't know if I'd want to participate in such a thing. Ain't ever been to Onitoshi either..."
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:45 pm

Grunty stopped and sat when the other yokai began to talk. "Books?" she said, repeating the word as though he were talking about some long extinct class of object she hadn't encountered for at least a century.
     She lay down again, yawning nonchalantly and prepared for another show.
     She idly scratched behind one of her ears, trying not to be offended by the "talk to the hand"-like gesture from the imp her manner patient and lazy until she felt the effects of the blueness seize her body.
     She suddenly seemed excited, getting up and making a short hop. "I remember this! That mouse I ate... err... almost ate. Oh god, that mouse Shou had... what was her name? Bah, it's not important! You know how to heal and shit, right? You want to work for me?" Her words came quick, the usual raspiness still present and interfering a bit with the meaning of the words.
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 4:30 pm

"Book?" she repeated, her tone of voice the same as if he'd said he needed a security blanket to leave the house. "Bah, ye don't need books. What with all those... words and shit. I mean, books are cool, but it's a lot faster to just... here, lemme show you."
     She immediately phased through an adjacent wall. Behind the wall was a small apartment unit, and she hopped back out of the window, her void powers allowing her to accomplish the feat without breaking the window. Unfortunately, there was a bundle in her mouth and, though she was clear of the door, the bottom half of the bundle remained inside of the house, the glass making a clean divider between the half of the bundle that made it and the half that didn't.
     Once she had the little blue, now shrieking and bloody, bundle on the ground, she set about her next task with nonchalant brutality. The remainder of the blue wool was stripped away to reveal a small, pudgy, pink baby with large, blue eyes. He couldn't have been any older than six months as the vixen sank her fangs into his abdomen and pulled his entrails all over the sidewalk, perhaps about 3 feet away from its original source. The shrieking seemed hardly tolerable, but she ignored the noise and trotted back to the child. Its legs were missing below the kneecap, but she grabbed the stub of the left leg and broke it roughly off with her sharp teeth, smoothly trotting a short distance away to lay down and gnaw and consume the tender flesh.
     "It ain't dead yet..." she mumbled while chewing, the white of her muzzle and chest caked with gore. "Better hurry and fix it before it dies."
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:10 pm

She didn't even seem moved by the fellow spirit's display of tears, her eyes rolling briefly as she ran her teeth up the bone sideways, removing the last bit of nutriment from it. "Aww come on. You can't really care for the little thing all that much if you want to sit here and talk while it's dying..."
     Truth be told, she suspected that his cowardice towards herself and presumably the tougher oni of hell was a manifestation of his own humanity: the part of his spirit that clung to emotions, as once an evil spirit reached a certain point they seemed to lose both the capacity for caring and the capacity to feel, that is, they become lost in the pursuit of power and develop a secondary thirst for chaos. She'd seen spirits, things consumed by such a burning thirst, and like a drug its effects often removed the natural sense of fear and lead to the victim's demise. Her mind drifted back to her friend Shou for one brief moment before coming back to the present.
     "Eh? So far as what? Don't tell me yer a veg... vegetarian..." she said, uncertain that she was pronouncing the word right before her jaws closed around the bone, crunching down in search of marrow.
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:01 pm

The fox perked up a bit, her nonchalance partially pierced by the sudden focusing and seriousness of the other. Indeed, she only expected him to heal as he'd seen the mouse kami heal, but this seemed to be an entirely different spell. She set the bone on the ground and sat up, her head tilted to the side quizzically and her tongue dangling out on the air.
     She could feel a strange stirring in the fabric of reality that she was so accustomed to tearing herself. Rather, the bone started slowly tumbling back towards the youngster, and the white part of her coat seemed to be clean once more.
     So her little experiment was a success, she thought cheerily. Those feelings in this little one had great power. She sat and slowly waited for the sorcery to cease from completion.
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:38 pm

The green yokai passed out, and now the baby lay there, soundly sleeping as he'd been when she initially raptured him from his crib.
Her friend lay there, passed out on the pavement, and as she sat there, licking her chops, she found herself confronted with a moral decision. She could eat the baby anyways and he'd never know.
She tilted her head at the little bundle there on the ground, his bodily integrity restored, and wondered why exactly the little imp cared. He was hardly related to this child, and for all he knew this little one could grow up to become a Div12 member more than willing to shoot him in the head.
Then again, it wasn't hers to philosophize about the future. She picked the child up by its blue shroud and hopped quickly and silently back through the way she'd come, placing the baby in the cradle there. It had served its purpose and she wasn't all that hungry.
Trotting back over to her newfound support healer, she lay over his unconscious form, deciding to take a nap herself until he saw fit to wake up. Nonetheless, she wasn't unalert in her tired state, and her ears were pricked forward in an eternal and subconscious attentiveness.
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:18 pm

The vixen flicked her ear responsively before turning her sickly chartreuse eyes towards the green yokai. "Oh, yer awake. Welcome back..." she said, dismounting the other whose name she couldn't recall right away. "Fifteen minutes maybe, ya?"
     It was the amount of time she gauged to have passed since he originally passed out. A good catnap it was. "You need some more rest or you ready to keep going?"
     The question seemed to carry a bit of concern, as though she thought he might've overexerted himself from using that level of magic.
OOC(value.null)
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:05 am

The fox yawned openly and trotted a short distance away from the imp, taking a bit of time to explain her purpose. "Ah, you see, I'm glad to see that you work well under pressure, you know? I mean, if you want to have friends, you need to know a bit about how to help them. Let's say this was a battle and instead of some random kid that was yer best friend with his guts all over the sidewalk. Would you choke or would you concentrate on fixing it as quickly as possible before whatever hit him came for you?" A grin crept over her visage. "I'm glad to see ye have sense. It must have served you well in Onitoshi, eh?"
     Truth be told, she'd never visited that particular locale, so she couldn't be one hundred percent sure as to the population of soft hearted oni like this one versus the more stereotypical ruthless warlords. However, she did know of neutral oni who were neither good nor evil. She placed this spirit before her in that category as she trotted off towards the club once more.
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 4:58 pm

The vixen crouched around a corner, her ears close to her head as she studied the club before her. They'd rebuilt it well since the last time she was here. Idly, she wondered when they were going to start enforcing the first floor with concrete. She'd been too busy to bother them lately, but now seemed an opportune time, especially given the strange new ability of her friend. She couldn't have him just passing out every time he used it. They'd need to train it up to a higher level.
"Yea... stalling is bad..." she said, watching a hummer pull up as though it were preparing to go into the handicapped park outside of the building. With a bit of concentration, she was able to separate the brake from the pad, and the vehicle couldn't stop. Instead, it plowed lethargically into the building. Her next motion was to ignite the thing with lytflies, something that didn't require so much concentration on her part. Of course, since she hadn't chanted, the evidence linking her to the accident was at best circumstantial.
"Would you look at that..." she marveled with a large grin on her face before trotting off towards the club, now the sight of a slight panic from all those around. She wondered if he would react quite so... emotionally to full grown adults coming into misfortune.
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 9:53 pm

The vixen looked over her shoulder, grinning in her way with her tongue hanging out doggishly. "Sure, if they can..." she said low, trotting back towards the spot where the green one cowered.
     Provided he made no struggle, she'd pull him by the back of the shirt until they were very near the crowd and its pandemonium in front of the club. "See?" she'd mumble through the mouthful of cloth as the people continued to act as though they weren't there. "Most of 'em can't see us unless we will them to. The ones who can have been trained by the ones who can't to ignore us, eh?"
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:35 am

The woman stood on her hind legs, finding this form difficult for expressing the gesture she was trying, that is, a broad wave to encompass the entire area. "Whatever you feel like. Rather, I guess I should ask before we go in, eh? What's your favorite kind of music?"
OOC(value.null)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Good Riddance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Riddance...   Good Riddance... EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 11:48 am

"Ah, then this should be fun..." she would slip underneath the exceeding short skirt of an awestruck woman standing in line and make her circuitous way into the first floor of the club. No music seemed to be on this level, instead there were bouncers and polite looking receptionists and beside them, an elevator. The receptionists were on their way out and the bouncers were looking at the hummer lodged halfway through the wall with one eyebrow raised.
     The vixen beconed her charge forward towards a set of elevators and, once boarding them, hopping up to push a button that would lift them to the level closest to the top.
     And the music was very loud and electronic and all manners of light flashed, both from above from the metal scaffolding and below from the apparently lit up floor that people danced rabidly atop. Most of those who weren't glowsticking or dancing in some manner were passed out in the corner from one drug or another, cuddled up on each other. It was still the Lower Commons after all.
     "This is where I usually hang..." she shouted above the din. "Because they have fun equipment here and shit."
     "Computer Melody," the speakers suddenly boomed.
     "Not my favorite song..." she added. If they remained on this floor, she had every intention of forcibly changing it.