Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) Empty
PostSubject: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:25 am

Someone once said that a sword was the way of those without the will to use words. But for Adrian it was a way of life. The sword could protect as well as harm. It could defend that which was most dear to you, and slay those that would take that from you. And that was dangerous. But it also represented what happened when talking didn't work with someone. A quick tempered person could surely be quick to draw his sword, but so too was he quick to fall. A calm collected swordsman was more than a match for nearly anyone that came at him. But such was how the world was. People saw those that fought as weak willed peons. Where as some people just couldn't deal with others. Adrian had known people that had been so thick headed you would have won an argument with a brick wall before you even had a chance to do so with them.

Adrian moved, his body shifting between the blade and his arms, his body weaving around the long black bladed weapon. The Devil's Teardrop danced in his grasp, something that very few could have done. He was out at dawn, his body well balanced. Adrian's style was literally balance itself. He did not dedicate himself to the path of one of the Kami, though if he had to choose one it would have been Fu Leng. Very few would have even considered it, for Fu Leng's way was known as "The way of the Oni." But he didn't dare dedicate himself to anything else. Though he might have once considered "The way of the Dragon."

In order there were the ways of the Crab, Crane, Dragon, Lion, Mantis, Oni, Phoenix, Scorpion, and Unicorn. Each focused on one of something else. They all focused on one thing or another. Defense, Speed, Balance, Attack, or one of any other countless thing. But it didn't matter, because those trained in "The way of the Oni" had to know about the other schools of kenjutsu and swordsmanship.

"The way of the Crab was defense focused, relying on light motions to force the opponent's weapon out of the way and then counter the attack. It was something that some only used in desperation. But it was something to try if you were beginning. But then again it was something that was extremely rare to see practiced. But those that are masters of it are desperate in many situations and it is never seen against a single person." he explained, frowning. "Among the schools of swordsmanship it was frowned upon because it was almost useless against a single opponent. And most people that use this school use armor of some kind. Something that covers you from all over, giving them the protection that a Crab has in nature. Thus the name of the school."

He was talking more to himself, or to Rubi as she flew just out of reach of his sword, watching him, her pink form fluttering back and forth. She smirked and swooped in fluttering an inch from his face as he worked through his motions.

"That may be but you're a fool to tell all your secrets." she said.

(537/537)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:51 pm

The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) Seikibanner
The Art of the Duel

“So are you sure you can find him,” I speak to the sword sheathed at my waist as I rush through the forests making my way towards my Sensei. Goronova advises that of course she could find Ashram and that I was going in the right direction. As a part of my self inflicted training, I was moving at high speeds through the forest in search of my Sensei having come from the SaiVillage. Some things outside and inside my control occurred after my first training session with my new sensei. I had managed to meet up with the police officer and big breasted lady at the former Haven camp site, but when I told them that I intended to save Akera, the police officer had the lady warp me back to some village. When I got there, their big gorilla of a lackey forced me to stay in town. After that I met some kid named Rei and then Natsuki found me. After dealing with Natsuki, I had finally caught a break, evaded the cops and made my way out of the village to finally continue my freedom and training. Goronova tells me that Ashram was right up ahead and talking to himself. I wondered if he had stayed in the forest all this time since we separated. I had broke his first rule not to socialize with others, but in that same day, he told me that I could seek out another master, so in a way I didn’t know if I really broke the rules or not, seeing as I would have to socialize in order to find another master; sensei was definitely a confusing individual for what little I knew of him. Coming through a forest path, I notice the back of my sensei from a distance and rush, utilizing my god speed ability to appear before him. I rush from his rear, leap off of a tree to his side and land in front of him, standing with my index finger to the side of my head, the other arm folded at my chest and my eyes closed in a anime pose as I greet, “sensei.. I have returned!” I break the pose and grin, “just kidding. I found you!” Looking to the sword of light, I correct, “or rather, she did.”

387 / 387
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:38 pm

Adrian brought his blade back and then around before stopping the weapon just short of Seiki's throat. Rubi was poised to pounce, her ass high in the air, her body balanced on the blade of the Devil's Teardrop. She then jumped, her body landing on top of Adrian's head. Lowering his weapon the sword master, smiled and spun the weapon before slipping it into the cherry wood sheath at his hip. The sheath had the kanji of "Angel" over "Human" over "Demon" carved into it and painted white. He smirked reaching up, stroking the side of the pink cat that sat on his head.

"Seiki, this is Rubi. Rubi this is Seiki, my apprentice." he said, smirking.

"Hello." the cat said, one paw raising and waving in human style.

"So what brings you back to me Seiki? Are you after something to make you stronger? More training with your new sword? Or perhaps you'd like to play tag?" he asked.

It didn't matter why he was here. It only mattered that Adrian was ready to advance his own training. And if that meant he had someone to teach then all the better. But then again when he was alone he didn't have to hold back. And Rubi was more than powerful enough to give him a hand in his training. But then again she mostly stayed out of reach and spat on the swordsman from above. He was going to need something to help him get off of the ground.

(250/787)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:01 pm

The Art of the Duel

“Ara?” I murmur as the blade comes to my neck. Ah, so my sensei had bad nerves! To be expected of someone who roams about in the forest; he would have to have good reflects and strike like a taut tiger on whatever might try to get the jump on him. I am glad to see him relax and smirk. I notice the new pet and wondered if there was a sale going on with animals. First Natsuki and now the master; everyone was getting these new creatures out the woodworks. I look to the cat as he is introduced and speaks to me. My eyes widen. “No way! It can talk!” I say reaching for it to hold it upside down and look in its butt for batteries or something. Sensei was from the future like myself; he could probably have a few toys here and there from the future. Looking up at my sensei, I say, “more training!” forgetting about the cat for now. “Oh!” I say, “I met another sword guy too, but he’s a student. His name’s Rei, I was hoping he could come with me today…”

191 / 578
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:21 pm

"It doesn't matter to me. I am a swordsman and it is my duty to pass the knowledge on to whoever will learn it."Adrian said, smirking at his student.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH! LET ME GO!" Rubi shouted, her voice high.

Oh my god, you really can be this stupid...

"Listen to her..."

He turned his back as Rubi struggles, before she drew in a deep breath exhaling lightning toward Seiki's face as her wings batted, and her claws flailed. She wasn't going to be happy, but she wasn't going to let anyone look in her ass for anything. She hated being handled. Being pet was one thing but being handled like the way Seiki was handling her was NOT being pet. It was being molested.

"Put her down. You should watch out for her. She says she's a baby red dragon." Adrian said, taking his favorite flask out before taking a long swig from it.

He made a face before he shook his head lightly and screwed the cap back into place. He then tucked it back into his black yakuta.

(183/970)
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male
Number of posts : 851
Rep! : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:59 am

After the bathing house incident, for that is what I condiered it (even if Seiki didn't), I had thought to return to my master right away, but I had not. I remembered that sword that he had gotten- one that he likely had little training in. After the washing, I had went to he shop in the woods and bought some sheaths for three blades- two katana blades and a Long Sword. I moved through the forest as my training began an hour before the sun got up- I needed to train with the so-called 'normal' sword techniques and get some of them, as well as train my Sonic Slash. Most of what I had learned to date was really attack that I could just use while in my vaspire form. I would release a low sigh as I moved through the forests in a stylistic manor- not a dance or anything like that, but how I had taught myself to use swords, and more recently learned from the demon Domen'yun, one who claimed to be from the future. I thought nothing of the words, as I had seen nothing to prove this. I was moving towards the woods outside of the village with the bathing houses when I head a familiar voice, faintly. Seiki's, it was the only one besides that other priestess that I knew from the city that might dare be in a forest. I would move towards the voice before walking through a bush and stopped just where I entered and my gray eyes stared at Seiki- who had a male dressed in a black yukuta and had a strange, sakura leaf colored animal on his head- it looked like a less scary version of Kazakura's pet tiger. My own cloths were nothing fancy, a training hakama was what I wore, two blades on the left side and one on the right for duel wielding. Hidden within my robe was Tora Twine, though I was really no good with that. I would make a quick greeting, "Morning Seiki-kun, how are you?" My oil black hair would blow if there was any wind- at this point I was ready to draw against that man if he made a move on me- I had just became more self conscious because of the possession.

Words: 385
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:56 pm

The Art of the Duel

I look to my sensei as he speaks. Looking back to the cat, I am forced to realize that it wasn’t a droid and was indeed an animal that could talk. It was still a bit weird to me, however. “Oh!” I say, realizing it was a baby dragon. As my sensei ordered put it down, I drop the thing; far be it for me to want to rile what could grow up to be a fearsome dragon. I pause for a moment and murmur, “no way! Like a dragon dragon?” There is a look of genuine surprise on my face as an eyebrow rises to my thoughts on this news. I pause as I hear my name and turn looking towards Rei. I answer, “Ah, Rei. Fancy meeting you here.” Turning to Ashram, I introduce, “sensei, this is Rei. I met him in the village and he is training with swords, though I think he is above my level.” I turn back to Rei and explain, “this is my swords sensei I was telling you about.” Or at least I thought I had mentioned him; there was a chance that I had not said anything about my sword training.

200 / 778
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:07 pm

Rubi's wings flap as she catches herself in the air before moving to sit on Adrian's shoulder. Released from Seiki's grip she grumbles before she folds her paws over her chest lightly. Her wings were folded back behind her, her tail twitching in annoyance as she watches the new males, her mind working to calculate how strong they are. But she gives up part way through it, figuring that they were too young to be any good. But that wasn't saying much considering she was only a baby herself.

Adrian stroked Rubi's fur as he watched the two young men standing before him. His blue-green eyes shifted from Seiki to Rei, and then back again, his left eyebrow quirking as he stood there.

"Yes Seiki, like a dragon, dragon. Nice to meet you Rei. You must be the... sword guy that Seiki was talking about." Adrian said.

Glancing at Rubi Adrian smirked, and nodded. The winged cat then lept from the swordsman's shoulder, her wings flapping as she moved toward them. She circled them before she landed a good twenty-some odd feet away from them. Taking a deep breath Rubi opened her mouth before spouting flames toward the two trainees. The fireball was powerful, much more powerful than a normal fire. And the fact that this tiny cat-like creature was spitting it up toward them did nothing more than add to the thought that she might really be a dragon.

Adrian just stood there, watching the scene unfolding in front of him. He balanced on one leg, the left slipping up, his ankles crossing as he stood there. He folded his arms over his chest as he waited to see what the boys might do in response to the provocation.

(Rubi: Elemental Burst(Strong))

(290/1,260)
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:33 pm

I would nod to Seiki and then look at the other man more closely since he didn't attack me upon entering this place. I would look over to the man to see what he was like- he seemed to be a swordsman, and he was Seiki's sensei. I would nod at that and kept a hand by a katana's handle, though I never directly touched it. Staying where I was, I would watch the man nod to his sakura petal colored being jump into the air and do whatever- he had said she was a dragon, but was it really a dragon? I would watch as she circled the two of us and then landed and opened her mouth. I cursed under my breath as I drew with the intent to kill in my katana to block the blow (anything less and I might have been burnt badly), knocking me back into the forest. I was still, technically a beginner. I knew no magics yet, nor could I even use my full power. I would back up and look at my burned hakama and throbbing fingers. The sword went down as my right hand flew up as I asked with control, "What was that for?!" I enter this place and am attacked without so much as a warning? I wasn't going to stick around if this continued- unlike Domen'yun's training, where he actually picked better times and places, this cat thing was being stupid. Fire had still hit me, but it wasn't like I was completely burned, deflecting some of the damage with my block. My thoughts on Seiki was that he would be fine, with that quickness he had and had displayed earlier. Though as I made a quick mental note, I probably shouldn't even be here now, I should be heading to see my master. I would wait to see what the stupid cat like being would do now- I didn't see it as a baby dragon, it was nothing like those in my old village, which breathed all sorts of elements.

Words: 344 / 729
Ooc: If I need to change something, tell me. Still getting used to the fighting system here <<
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 2:25 pm

The Art of the Duel

After the introduction is given, I stand casually with my hands behind my neck and my right leg cocked slightly, listening to my sensei. ‘A dragon, dragon; so imagine that,’ I think to myself. Goronova didn’t seem impressed with it and spoke in a relatively negative manner, or so I interpreted it. As soon as Adrian smirked, Gornova warns for me to get ready. “Eh?” I murmur lightly, but notice the dragon as it lifts from my sensei’s shoulders and circles around us. Goronova tells me that Ashram was doing some sort of test and that I should show him that thing I learned. A smirk comes to my face as I agree ‘right’ in my thoughts. I knew that Rei would probably not see this coming. I knew my master was a bit eccentric, but I had an advantage since I had the sword that knew him best and could communicate with her; even if I couldn’t use her for beans. As the dragon takes a breath in, Goronova orders me ‘now! (Reactor)’ I answer outloud, “right!” My body shifts to a side stance with my left side facing forwards as the fire is pushed out form the dragon. My right arm pulls back with my left forearm vertically up as if guarding, then my stance inverts as my right arm pulls around towards my front as I counter \"Burning Horizonal Flaming Phoenix Punch!™️ (Fyrestryke, Fierce).” The thrusting motion projects a jagged wave of fire ripping along the ground towards the dragon’s fire fall with enough strength to over power it and give it a little taste of its own medicine. This should be sufficient in interrupting Rei’s block and protecting him from the effects of the dragon’s blast as well. With Gornova’s help, it would seem as if I had sensed the attack before it happened.

308 / 1086
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:23 pm

Adrian just checked his fingernails as he vanished, only to reappear between Rubi and the fire attack(Godspeed). His eyes narrowed as it came toward him, his arms folded over his chest. The attack slammed against him, his robes bursting into flames as he stood there. His arms folded over his chest as Rubi sprayed him with water to put the flames out(Elemental Burst: Water). He tilted his head left, then right, popping his neck as he stood there, sword at his hip. His hands fell to his sides as he let them ball into fists. His knuckles popped as he stood there, his eyebrow twitching lightly before he smirked. Drawing the weapon from the cherry wood sheath at his hip he released the hilt, his fingers causing the weapon to spin as it came up and around. Taking a step forward his left hand reached out, under his right. Catching the weapon he continued forward, not bothering to use the advanced speed technique he'd just show. He closed the distance between himself and Seiki as quickly as he could, the Devil's Teardrop flashing out in a swift arc toward the other male's mid section.

"WIPE CLEAN THE POWERS OF DARKNESS AND PURIFY THE LAND!" he shouted as he attacked.

From his sleeves sutra cards flew, the paper seals flying out lining the ground up to fifty feet away from the swordsman. He wasn't going to make it easy for either of them. But then again he wasn't using his full strength either. He wasn't out to kill them, but if they were going to get better they had to fight as if they were going to really kill him.

(279/1,539)
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:03 pm

As it seemed, I did not have to block the attack as it was pushed back by a stronger one, of the same element. If only I could use magic I could have done that. But in this form... it was impossible. I drew the second blade as I would still ask what it was for- I had came here, perhaps to train and perhaps to talk- the attacker had no reason to really attack. Other then being an ass, I guess. I saw that he had shifted places, my eyes widening- it was similar to what Seiki had likely used to sneak up behind me in the bath house. He would take the damage for the cat like being and it was frustrating that he did. He did plan to die for the cat, though? It seemed not as he showed off by drawing in an fancy fashion, twirling the blade. I would crouch in a ready position as he attacked Seiki, though not with that same speed. Still, my human eyes had a harder time keeping up with it. He yelled out a spell, and its effects were unknown and unfelt to me- as it was the morning and my human body was unable to use magic, like was useless against me. I hardly thought about it. I would move to assist Seiki if he blocked the other swordsman by slashing with one blade and keeping the other ready to guard- that was the one thing about using a duel blade style, they usually left themselves open to attack if both missed. With a faster opponent, I would have to only use both to attack if I found the opportunity to do so. Of course, if Seiki did or didn't guard, I would still keep my eye on that cat like creature, I didn't really trust it.

Words: 309 / 1,o38
Ooc: If I need to change something, tell me. Still getting used to the fighting system here <<
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:39 pm

The Art of the Duel

A grin comes on my lips as I feel my fire attack push out from me. I was confident that my attack would over power the dragon’s, but still I had nothing to base that on except a sense of cocky optimism. My eyes widen to notice that the attack had hit my sensei instead of the dragon. It would seem that somehow, my sensei knew that I would know that the dragon was going to attack, then knew that I knew how to perform an attack to counter it that could rival the dragon’s ball and furthermore knew my attack would overcome the dragon’s attack and took course to intercept the attack to protect his dragon from it! Wow, as expected of my sensei. Still, there was a chance that he was going to reposition himself after the dragon’s attack for some other purpose after careful examination of his fingernails. Either way, there is a “tsch” from Goronova and the Sutra cards fly about the terrain. Goronova warns me that I would not be able to use magic within this field. I didn’t quite understand what that meant, but I answer verbally, “no way” still kind of caught off guard by my sensei’s movements; was he really trying to fight now for real? I watch as he rushes me, using what would be normal speed without his speed increasing abilities or calling upon his artifact, or what I thought of as inner power. ‘Don’t just watch, stupid, block!’ Goronova yells at me kind of snapping me back into things. “Oh!” I say as I pull her from my side, lifting her in an inverted horizontal manner with both hands to block the attack coming at my midsection. The block would suffice, though it would be easily pushed to the side, given the fact that still sucked hard with a blade.

311 / 1397
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:59 pm

Adrian moved, forcing his former blade out of the way. He forced the crystal and black blades into position to block the katana that was coming in to attack. With the clang of the blades Adrian's slid against Goranova's bright crystal as he rolled, his back pressing against Seiki's for a moment before he continued. His body rolled around Seiki's as his blade thrust out toward Rei's gut, his body going to one knee. The attack, however was nothing more than a feint to set the vapire's other blade to block an attack that would never come. His weight came down on his knee before reversing direction his body turning more before he rolled along Rei's back, his blade reversing in his grip before he brought his left arm up and down lightly, only enough to press the tip of the blade against Rei's back. If it was successful and a true attack the weapon would have gone through Rei's frame. But it stopped, only enough pressure there to let the new swordsman know where the weapon was and that it might have been a killing blow.

Letting up on the pressure Adrian moved a few feet away before turning to face them. He smirked standing there, his eyebrow cocked. He waited the weapon at his side, still in his left hand. He just waited patiently, the black metal blade shining lightly as he waited.

"You've begun your mastery over lesson three Seiki. But you've completely forgotten about lesson one." he said, smirking. "Air... The wrathful aspects of air can capsize ships, tear down buildings, and lend speed to even the most swift of warriors."

With that he switched the weapon from his left to his right hand before he raised the weapon above his head. As soon as the Devil's Teardrop was in his right hand the air around it began to bend around the blade, making the weapon appear to distort almost as if it were dancing.

(329/1,968)
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:01 pm

The man had went around Seiki as he had indeed blocked him, and I moved in to attack him. Though it seemed that he rolled around his student's back and came at me that way. I was surprised at that he did that, but as he crouched down he went for a stab at me. I would indeed moved to block it, but stayed where I had stopped to strike. He used the same tactic as before and rolled around my back, a pressure went to where my back was. I would look back at him with a glare since I had not asked to be included in this training. I would turn back to man as he moved away and spoke to Seiki about his training. I was glade he didn't speak to me, but I would not hesitate to fight as well. I would slip the two blades away as I placed a hand on my long sword and drew that- while with the katana I showed little mastery, this blade moved with more grace and I would waited for the man to finish before I thought to myself, "He really does act like a know it all. Though I've no idea what he means about Seiki's training. And air? I've never heard Yamamoto sensei or master Domen'yun speak of them..." I would watch as he shifted the sword hands. To masters, the simple switch of a hand could mean the difference between playing around and actually fighting. I would place my sword in a defensive position as I waited for him to come. I just wondered how rough he was going to be in this training.

Words: 279 / 1,317
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:39 pm

The Art of the Duel

I wince a bit as the strike comes in and my blade is deflected to be used to block Rei’s katana as well. Ashram moved fluidly around me, catching me a bit off guard. As he rolls around me to thrust at Rei, I step away from him, to turn around and face him, though he kept moving before I had a chance to attack. I hold the sword ready in both hands as he moves away and lifts his blade. I hear his words and feel a bit bad for not having gained much knowledge in using a sword, but that type of thing wasn’t easy to me. I become more determined with his words and nod. Looking at the him, I would recognize this technique from the last training. Speaking to Rei, I comment, “watch out; this think this is his ultimate sword technique, the cresecent wind slicing fang of destruction!” Of course I didn’t know what sensei actually called it, but I figured my translation was good enough for subtitles. I would set a defensive stance and watch the technique as it is built up by my sensei wondering how it worked; I thought it had to be air magic or something.

205 / 1602
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:15 pm

"You have a lot to learn. I told you once. I specialize in blade magic! NOW, BEHOLD WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I WIELD MY SWORD WITH MY RIGHT HAND!" he called out.

Bringing the weapon down he stopped it just short of the ground. The blade straightened as the air around it vanished. From the tip of the blade, spreading out to ten feet wide, a tear in the ground began to form, rushing the two trainees. The tear in the ground extended out a good fifty feet before vanishing, the debris grass and what not flying a few additional feet away. But Adrian didn't wait to see if he had struck the other two with the attack. He shot forward after the attack, his body moving swiftly as the sun began to set in the distance. His blade spun as he released it. His body turned, his left hand catching the weapon before he kicked off the ground. As he went up his body spun forward before he felt the ground under him solidify before he kicked off once more. He landed between where he figured the two trainees would be. He wasn't going to kill but he wasn't about to make it easy for them.

"Come now. Surely the two of you have what it takes to make me switch hands and actually take you seriously, right? I mean, how hard can that be? At the very least you can try, right boys?" he asked, looking between the two of them.

(252/2,220)

Last edited by DarkKnightCecil on Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:36 pm

I watched as the attack was being preformed and rolled out of the way as I noticed the night approaching. I would have to leave this battle soon for that very reason- though I would love to train further, my master and my promise to Paco were more important. Now I just had to see if this insane person would actually allow me to leave. Likely not without "making him serious", but I wasn't here to do that. I watched as he flipped about like someone who was showing off- and that was all I really saw of him, a show off and a braggart. He landed likely between us, as I had no time to actually see where Seiki had dodged to, and asked if we were going to make him serious. I would strike from my side, the blow would be more powerful and more deadly then the katana strikes were, but I was also prepared in case he went to me that same rolling move, though there was doubt he would repeat it again- but I was striking with the intent to kill, something that Yamamoto sensei had taught me: strike with everything or go home with nothing.

Words: 2o1 / 1,518
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:09 pm

The Art of the Duel

A question mark comes over my head as I murmur, “sensei’s left handed?” I mean, he had mentioned to witness what he could do with his right hand. I mean, my right hand, or arm rather, was a bit larger than my left, but that was simply because I was a healthy warm blooded young man. The question mark soon goes away as the ripping wave of terror and such comes rushing out way breaking the ground and scattering and pretty much obliterating the sutra cards that had been in that area beneath us. The sight of the attack rushing us at a demonic speed was awe inspiring; it was just like the technique I wanted to learn, but as sensei stated, I still had a long way to go. At this point, I had nothing, I didn’t know where to attack or how to attack. Goronova speaks to me and coaxes me to move. I vanish from my position and the wave of force rips past where I had been standing. My immediate flash step is straight out and to the side a distance of a couple feet where my feet come to meet in the center of a large tree. From there I push off of the tree, leaping diagonally up and into the air a good height with the aid of cloud leap. Floating in the air a bit while slowing in my ascension, Goronova calls out, “now!” I rear my arm back and thrust it forwards, throwing down the blade like a spinning saw towards my sensei’s position to strike him after Rei would initiate his attack.

271 / 1873
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 12:17 pm

Adrian's eyes closed as he opened himself to the world around him. He let them open but didn't react to what he saw so much as he reacted to instinct. He turned his wrist and body. Taking a step back he slid out of line of the attacks, the Bastard Sword on his hand turning vertical, the handle over the blade. He caught the long sword first before he spun, his blade clashing with the Sword of Light. He then shifted, his body reversing the direction of the spin before he brought the weapon down in a slash toward Rei. But he wasn't going for a kill. If his blade was going to make contact he would stop it at the last second. Then again there was no telling if the two of them could even follow his movements.

"Infinite in mystery is the gift of the Goddess. We seek it thus, and take to the sky. Ripples form on the water's surface. The wandering soul knows no rest." he said, grinning darkly as he stood there.

Something was different but he wasn't going to complain. The Devil's Teardrop still weighed in his hand, but it wasn't nearly the burden he had had before. There was a time he'd had no choice but to use it with both hands, and now he was slashing the large weapon with no trouble at all.

(52/52)
(Sensing package unlocked)
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:10 pm

Unlike the more unrefined movements with his bushido skills, these skill were much different, more fluid. As he dodged my attack, I would pull the blade back and away as my gray eyes narrowed at him. I almost wanted to use my vaspire form, but he had spiritual abilities- unlike Lady Kazakua, who would be punished by master Domen'yun, this man would have no problems exorcising me or sealing my abilities. So I would avoid showing that side, and I would avoid using Death's summon. As it was, he was spinning, and I would step back as he had done, giving me more room. Te Bastard Sword swung at me and my movements looked very much perfected as I placed my blade in its own slashing path, meeting his blade to make a thin x. I would not stop there, as I knew one thing- using a sword did not mean always just using the sword. I lashed by right leg out to strike at his back, using two hands on my sword to push against his as I did not ponder on my words, but stored them for later analysis. I had little time to spend here when Domen'yun could request me for anything he wanted.

Words: 2o7 / 1,725
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:59 pm

The Art of the Duel

I descend from the air from the height I had leapt to. Goronova is stricken by the Devil’s Teardrop with the blocking maneuver and it deflects from that angle to stick into the ground vertically with its handle in the air. I was now momentarily without a weapon as I descended down and towards the fighting between my sensei and Rei. There would be a slight glimmer reflecting off of the gauntlets that make their way onto my fists during the descent just before I land in the area where Rei and Ashram were before moving, in a three point stance with my palm on the ground, slightly crouched and looking up towards their battle. Crouched, both arms pull back as my fists ball. “Let’s do this,” I coax as my eyes flash golden and a jagged white burst of energy passively pushes as a breeze from my form. Invisible spirit markings, visible to those who were able to see spirits, would form tribal etchings on my visage. My attributes increase as I dig into my internal strength, which seemed to be a mixture of spiritual energy and adrenaline for me. Pushing off from my coiled position, I burst forwards towards the fight covering the short distance with impressive speed for a human. Gliding into the fray, I spot an opening in as Rei locks swords with Ashram, thrusting my first forwards passing by Rei and aiming to sink the fist into Ashram’s chest in the center between the two arms which were holding the bastard sword.

257 / 2130
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:39 pm

Adrian's eyes narrowed when his blade clashed with Rei's. The other male was able to match his strength, with a two handed grip. Though Adrian only held the Devil's Teardrop in his left hand. His eyes widened when Seiki's punch came at him. He took a deep breath, setting himself for the blow. As it struck home he grunted, his eyes narrowing. As the force of the blow passed through him, he released the Devil's Teardrop. The weapon fell to the ground as Adrian shot back and away, his body vanishing before reappearing beside the discarded Sword of Light. He grabbed the ivory hilt, pulling the crystal blue blade from the ground, flinging dirt as it was torn free.

He smirked, standing there, his right hand twitching. As his fingers curled into a holding position, the Devil's Teardrop vanished in a swirl of mist. That same swirl of mist appeared in his hand before vanishing, revealing the black metal blade of his favored weapon. Spinning the Devil's Teardrop he slid it into place at his hip, slamming it into the cherry wood sheath.

"Air is mercurial and enigmatic. That is lesson one. What you just saw me perform was lesson five.. But before you get there you'll have to learn your other lessons. Seiki, you cannot rely on your fists if you wish to get stronger with a sword. But if you don't want to get stronger, I suppose you could mount her on your wall." he said.

He raised the Sword of Light, and brought the flat of the blade down, resting it against his shoulder.

(267/319)
(Sensing package unlocked)
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:43 pm

Seiki came in from nowhere, at about the speed that I used when I was in my vaspire mode and not using my full strength. He would attack his master in the chest with gauntlets, items that I had not seen him with. My kick likely connected with his master's back, but the punch that Seiki had thrown did a lot more damage, besides the fact that my kick as not nearly as strong as my sword strike. I was able to at least hold the red haired main in a sword to sword clash, but when he stood his ground against the punch, he must have forgotten that I was there or something. It wasn't like I was just going to stand there. In a few seconds I narrowed my eyes as my hair flared and changed into a snowy white and my eyes changed their color, into a bloody crimson. The grip on my sword increased a bit, but I soon let it go. Now my blows would be a little more destructive, but now I just wondered what was going to come now, my crimson eyes remaining narrowed. I pushed my blade against his harder, so that if he tried to drop his sword, he would get slashed in the arm, but I would stop before cutting him if it came to that. Not after all those colorful words about the wind and steps and whatnot. My strength didn't go beyond what I was able to do without my full power, I wasn't stupid enough to do that. But he would have higher speed and power pounding him from one side, and a redoubled strength pressing against his sword now.

Words: 239 / 1,964
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:38 pm

The Art of the Duel

I feel the effect of my punch as the pressure on Ashram’s body registers in my fist. His body is pushed off and I move to follow his movements, not allowing him to get away that easily. If Rei’s attack was avoided by Ashram shifting backwards, then it would follow: he vanishes before I can get to him and appears next to Goronova; at this time, I vanish as well. As he stands there, next to the sword, I continue my attack, since he had inferred he wanted us to come after him as if to kill him, and I appear behind him, seeking to bash my shoulder into his back, coming out of my speed technique. The bash is to transfer a solid force strike against his back but not in a manner to push him away from me; if anything the force of it my lift up him just a bit. The more kinentic based attack comes as my body pivots in one motion with the base to deliver the actual attack which was an open palm strike aimed to the center of his spine. This would be the strike that had most of my momentum behind it.
If Rei’s lock held on him, my attack would be pretty much the same, only with less movement and effort in keeping up with Ashram’s movements.

226 / 2356
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 9:50 pm

"COME ON! IS THAT THE HARDEST YOU CAN HIT ME!?" he shouts, his arm bleeding from the cut.

With the strikes that followed the swift movement Adrian was thrown into the air a few inches. His eyes widen for a moment before he comes back down, his body doubling over. His eyes glow softly for a moment before it vanishes. He wouldn't draw on that strength with these two. They weren't worth the effort it required. He grinned, a small thin line of blood coming from the corner of his mouth. But something was screaming in the back of his mind. It was like some kind of urge, or maybe an instinct that was warning him of something. He didn't understand it but he barely paid it any mind. His body shifted before he brought the Sword of Light around, shifting the other swordsman's blade in a small tight circle, time and again before he threw his opponent's blade out wide. And still he used only his left hand.

But he didn't press at the opening. Instead he vanished, reappearing near where Rubi was. His right hand extended his eyes focused on both opponents, as Rubi took in a deep breath. She lept onto Adrian's shoulder and ran down his arm, leaping off toward them, expelling a large burst of electricity toward Seiki, while her wings flapped. Adrian mean while was muttering, his eyes focused on Rei.

"Heed me now, thou who are darker than dusk. Heed that which is more red than blood. In the name of that, which was buried in the bottomless abyss of time eternal... I summon thee, master of the ultimate darkness!" He chanted, his voice growing in strength.

"DAMN! NO! ADRIAN, STOP IT! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" the flying cat shouted, her body arcing around back toward her master.

(305/624)
(Rubi: Elemental Burst, Lightning
Adrian: Godspeed to move, chanting)
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 11:02 pm

With his arm bleeding, I could smell his location, no matter where he went- it was like sensing, just I sniffed for what vaspires drank, and sniffing didn't have to be loud. Nor did sniffing mean I was a vaspire, because by this time, warriors would know another's stink. Though he moved, Seiki attacked him hard- he thought I would simply going to stand there, while Seiki attacked, with a two against one battle? Wrong, I charged while Seiki attacked, with my speed matching Seiki's own (unless he were to use that move again) as I kept an eye on Rubi as well, using the Long Sword to stop our opponent's movements, unless he wanted his neck slashed (of course I would pull away if he did move and only give his neck a small cut as a reminder). Truly, humans thought little of their movements compared to other species. Though he could move quickly, there were signs that he was about to move that my eyes could catch with no problem- twitches that I used both of their movements to observe. Mostly in the leg regions. He would likely get away though, and Rubi came into play- yes, I was just going to stand there. For a moment I did, though that was merely to unlock my full power, just to block her attack. I would move at the speed of the attack and reach it before it would reach Seiki, slashing it away as my eyes narrowed at the chanting man. What kind of spell was he planning? I didn't know, but I didn't wait to find out as I moved faster then he could see, placing my blade at his throat. If one wanted to think of it, his human body couldn't keep up with my vaspire body.

Words: 3o1 / 2,265
unlocking Movement package (the exp comes from mai bio)
Note: This is written from his p.ov. o.o and I have a headache <<
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 11:34 am

The Art of the Duel

After my attack, I feel my sensei’s body push from me once again as I felt confident in the amount of strikes I were getting off. I felt that if I could use my strengths, I could do this. My sensei wanted me to fight my best, and that wasn’t something that I could do with the sword of light just yet. I had a long way to go. I hated to leave Goronova behind, but it would take me a while to get using her on the same level as using my own body. Still my sensei proved very resilient and he once again places distance in between us, assumedly to recoup. I would not let up, now that I had built up the momentum in my fight. Turning towards where I heard him land, I push off of the ground and dash straight towards him passing up Rei to the side. Having tunneled my focus on my sensei, I forgot about the dragon for a moment, who evidently knew more than one element. The lightning attack strikes me in the chest as I move forwards and causes me to be blasted back, past Rei the opposite way. My body lands on the ground and I slide for a moment before grunting and catching myself. I roll over my shoulder and come into a crouching position with my hand over my chest, surprised that the lightning attack didn’t hurt as much as I thought it would. Still, it didn’t feel good by a long run.

256 / 2612
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 11:30 pm

The crystal blade of the Sword of Light clanged against Rei's long sword. They threw up sparks lightly as his free hand shifted. It stopped inches from Rei's face as he continued to chant the spell his voice getting louder as he grinned darkly.

"HAVE NO PITY ON THE FOOLS WHO STAND IN OUR WAY! INFUSE ME WITH POWER, LET YOUR STRENGTH BECOME MINE! TO WIPE THEM FROM THE FACE OF THIS EARTH!" he shouted, his body glowing darkly as he grinned.

Rubi dropped to the ground and took a deep breath before she raised her head, singing as loud as she could.

Ieyui
Nobomenu
Renmiri
Yojuyogo
Hasatekanae
Kutamae

"TO DELIVER UNTO THEM THE Ul...Ultima..." Adrian seemed to be losing his train of thought as the baby dragon began to sing.

He blinked a few times and let his hand retreat from Rei's face before he looked to Rubi, who was continuing to sing. He stepped back from Rei and rubbed at his eyes. He growled something and stepped toward the dragon, his left arm coming back as if he were going to cut the thing down. But he came to a stop after two or three steps. He let the weapon lower to his side as he began to breathe slowly, his eyes closing. The glow his body took on banished as he regained his composure. He threw the Sword of Light toward Seiki, tossing the weapon in simple underhand fashion.

"That... That's enough. Before I... Before I do something I regret." he said, before he began walking away.

(260/884)
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 10:53 pm

My blade would strike against his as I released my full strength- I had to do it to conserve stamina, and his hand came into my face. I would temped to bite it, but I kept my mouth shut as I backed off from him, obviously his palm in my face would get a reaction. But how could he used a spell within the barrier that he made? I guessed it was to stop Seiki's magix, since he hadn't used it. If the cards were gone, I hadn't noticed yet. I then turned my head to Ruby as her words came out. A song? The human male's voice that I could hear went on for a bit as they chanted at the same time, the male would stop. He seemed to be going crazy to me, but I said nothing about it. I would narrow my eyes as he was about to attack the 'dragon', but stopped and started to walk away. The blade that had belonged to Seiki was thrown back- I was almost tempted to grab it and see if I could get away with it, but I gave up on that even before the idea reached my body's nerves. I would release my form as well and turn to Seiki with a grin on my face, saying, "It was nice training with you, Seiki kun." I would slip my sword into its scabbard and turned my eyes to the road ahead as I said, "I hope we meet again." I would start with a walk towards my home, a smile on my face.

Words: 266 / 2,531
unlocking Movement package (the exp comes from mai bio)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Updated Seiki
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:53 pm

Updated Rei
Updated Rogue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)   The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Art of the Duel(Seiki, Invite only)
Page 1 of 1