Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Domesticity at its Best

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Domesticity at its Best Empty
PostSubject: Domesticity at its Best   Domesticity at its Best EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:55 am

Four nights had passed with no word from Psyre... or Krodha... or whatever name he would be going by upon his return, whenever that will be. The female who had taken him had mentioned that he would be away, of course she was doling out my orders when she offered that tiny tid bit of information, but she failed to give any sort of clue as to how long his absence would last. I recounted everything to the healer woman after she had time to rest back in the outpost then she and I came to an informal agreement that she would handle the villagers' needs, infirmary, and other non martial aspects of the outpost while I would focus on the majority of the workers and the former soldiers who were now acting as our main line of defense.

My first act in this capacity had been to inspect the schedules the lieutenants had spoken of in their last report to the master of the outpost. For the most part they seemed to be well thought out. I only found a few instances where minor adjustments needed to be made, like having only three men specially trained in ranged weapons standing guard on the overnight shift. Just because you can't see as far at night does not mean there is less need for ranged defense. Of course they brought up the point of possibly needing more ranged fighters in the case of a daytime attack to which I responded that if such an attack came upon us the men trained in that area could be roused and posted to support the ones already on duty. After this adjustment and the other small ones I made were taken care of our defenses were equally distributed across all three daily guard shifts, with the understanding that should we ever have need for more defenses or manpower the others will be called in.

Since my strengths are more prevalent during the hours of darkness, another agreement the healer woman and I came to was that she would rest at night while I would seek my rest during the day and should anything come up when one of was resting the other would try to take care of it before allowing the resting one to be disturbed. So far this system seems to be working for both of us as well as the outpost in general. Things seem to be progressing quite nicely and smoothly. Progress is made on the structures every day, with the infirmary and buildings for shelter being taken care of first due to the chance of seasonal storms popping up.

When dawn comes and the outpost begins to wake for the day I head to the makeshift barracks the night shift guards and I picked out toward the edge of the outpost. The carpenters and other workers hadn't gotten around to fixing it up yet but it still served the purpose of allowing us to get a few hours uninterrupted rest away from the noises of life going on within the settlement proper. We usually fall into our respective beds an hour or two after sunrise and sleep peacefully until at least midday. Some of us, including me most days, will rise in time to catch the tail end of lunch being served to the other guards and workers. Afternoons are spent seeing to any issues that have come up since I went off duty to rest or giving the workers a helping hand wherever I can. If there is nothing else for me to do, I sometimes will join a scout party and go out to explore the surrounding lands of the island. After dinner is served and the outpost grows quiet in the deepening night, Kiera will go to find her rest and I will assume full control of the outpost for the rest of the darkened time.

This being the fifth day since arriving at the outpost, I am running out of busy work. Many of the working men have already run me off of their work sites for being distracting to their crew. It isn't like I can really help it, I try not to dress provocatively when trying to help the workers but I haven't figured out a way to turn off the natural, or maybe not so natural, charm I seem to exude. The lieutenants have even asked me not to work too closely with the men on guard duty so that they will not be tempted into distraction. All of this has managed to remind me why I never stay in one place and try to earn an honest living anymore, but I am determined to stick with this as long as I am needed because I made a promise to a friend and I refuse to go back on that word.

So today I am left with nothing else to do and the sun is still frustratingly high in the sky. This is when I get the bright idea to go and offer an extra pair of hands to the women in the kitchens preparing the afternoon or evening meals. Now I have never claimed to be a good cook, even I could not tell a lie that absurd, but I know the basics and can follow orders with the best of them. The women put up with me for an hour or so before shooing me away when there is no busy work left for them charge me with. While in the kitchens I happen to notice the inventory of various island fruits the women have been gathering. This makes me remember that incredible fruit the sprite fed to me the morning we came here. None of those fruits look like what I remember the sprite putting in my mouth, it would be way too easy for me to just stumble upon that magical fruit here in the kitchens, where the fun be in that?

As I leave the food preparation area, trying not to look too discouraged at being dismissed from yet another job I have tried to help with, I can't keep my mind off of that wonder fruit and how the sprite has come into possession of it. Heading away from the kitchens, looking like I totally meant to leave before the meals are ready, I head for the building holding the prisoners where the sprite has set himself up with a room of his own. The guards who work the night prison shift come back to our barracks talking about this room as some sort of laboratory, like the sprite is an alchemist or something, which seemed interesting but now seems a bit frightening. Though the healing powers of that fruit are well worth the risk of encountering an alchemy dabbling sprite, right? Hesitant or not, that is where my steps take me on this beautifully boring afternoon in the hopes that he will take pity on the lone succubus/vaspire outcast in the outpost and share his knowledge of that magically healing morsel.

I do not bother to announce myself or my intentions to the guards on prison detail this afternoon, what would be the point? At this moment they all answer to me anyway and therefore should not question me. I pass by them with only the request that they point me in the direction of the sprite's room. They do this and I nod to them as I continue on my way. Coming to a stop at the closed door, I raise a hand to knock before entering. I do not want to risk him being in the middle of some unstable experiment and blow us both up because I interrupted his work.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Domesticity at its Best   Domesticity at its Best EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:08 am

In my absence, Dainos had been busy at work trying to solidify and record the process to produce the foods and drinks that I favor in my diet. He had also learned that the fish here provided for many new options. They did not have much yet, but the Hunters were quickly improving in their "sea farming" as Dainos had been teaching them how to fish. Seeing as how food is not in abundance right now, the dark sprite had to postpone his research in calibrating mystical beast blood with my particular variants of wine to make a suitable bloodwyne for me. Instead, he had learned how to utilize small amounts of ambrosia to mix into a sweet nectar or even add to a herbal tea nectar sort of hybrid that he had made for Kiera to help with the wounded and to get them back on their feet quicker. He is pleased that the island's natural fruits and berries are excellent substitutes for Onitoshian ingredients needed to reproduce ambrosia. Given the needs of the outpost, he had also postponed his production and research into creating multiple variants of ambrosia like we had in Onitoshi. At some point, I'm going to want that, especially Gold and or Purple Ambrosia as they were my favorites to eat and party with. Having sampled the herbal nectar himself, he makes a few bottles of that using different fruit and medicinal combinations to create different effects as well as different tastes.

Dainos' laboratory is set up like one part academic chemistry lab, one part kitchen, and in the back corner, evidence of what looks like an interrogation apparatus is visible as well with several vials and covered pouches there. There are no visible windows, but there are slits in the ceiling and if one looks close enough, they will notice that there is a hidden device in each of the workstations. Even if someone happened to notice the devices, they would have no idea what they do. My guess since I have yet to see them is that they somehow activate to neutralize a mishap or wayward experiment.

Most of the kitchen workstations are active right now as the dark sprite is cooking up new batches of ambrosia and nectar. On the chemist workstations are pots and vials that are smoking and bubbling, while he is wiggling his fingers and copious notes are being jotted down. It would seem that the little fey is constantly chanting and humming to himself. "Hmm... now this is peculiar. With the ingredients and the spell that I used, this should have made emerald ambrosia, but instead it has a sapphire blue appearance to it. Now that is interesting. I had better get this right by the time the Master returns. Where in the depths of Onitoshi have all of my testers gone."

When the knock comes at the door, Dainos sighs, "Finally. They return. It's still open. Come on, the next batches are almost ready." Dainos would still be immersed in his work when Kali enters. He seems truly vexed at how emerald ambrosia emerged instead as sapphire ambrosia. More than that, he is most curious as to what exactly sapphire ambrosia does since it is not emerald. His hypothesis is that it might just be an unexpected color change, but then again, that's why he has human lab rats... I mean, helpers.

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Domesticity at its Best   Domesticity at its Best EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:31 am

They return? It's still open? I hesitate for a second before opening the door. From the sound of the response it seems as if the sprite is expecting company to return for reasons unknown. I don't feel quite right about taking up his time if he was in the middle of something, but I had come this far already, might as well continue now. Opening the door, stepping into the room only far enough to close it back behind me, I shyly peek around the equipment until the studious sprite came into view. "I'm terribly sorry to bother you, Master Dainos. I have a few questions for you, concerning that fruit thing you fed me a few days ago, but if this is a bad time I will be happy to come back later." I really did feel bad for just barging in on him, he appeared to be quite busy, too busy to waste his time on my mundane inquiries. I stayed where I was by the door fully expecting him to shoo me away like all of the others.

181/1469
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Domesticity at its Best   Domesticity at its Best EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:55 am

Dainos is humming a lively tune to himself when he hears a voice that is not that of his helpers. He looks up from the kitchen pots after adding in a powder to cool several of the pots. "Mistress Vaishya, what a pleasure to have you stop by. If I had've known that you would be visiting, I would have made myself more presentable. Come on over, child, you are no bother at all. Actually I welcome the company. One moment though." Dainos heads over to the chemist stations and furrows his brow as one of the vials does not seem to be taking the right effect. He holds his hands over the vial and his little body glows brighter than normal as he seems to be focusing on this vial and he opens his eyes and chuckles. "What joyous and unexpected things happen in science!" He utters a chant and wiggles his fingers at one of his numerous scrolls hanging on the walls again. The language is made up of symbols that would be quite foreign to Kali, but one's that she has probably seen me use before or on one of my items or scrolls or even seen during her growing bond with Kiera. The language is the Onitoshian Spirit Tongue.

He sets all of his experiments to simmer or cool, so that he can speak with her. "So Mistress, you want to know about about a fruit thing I gave you... hmm..." He looks around his lab before chuckling as he looks at the different batches of ambrosia and replies, "Oooh! The Orange Ambrosia! Luckily your body is still human... for the most part. It is one of the Master's favorite snacks and once I get this recipe right, it will be one of his favorite entree toppings or compliments. Sorry, I digress. What did you want to know about ambrosia?"

332/919
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Domesticity at its Best   Domesticity at its Best EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:12 am

When the sprite begins to speak I am almost moved to tears that he does not tell me to leave. I hadn't fully realized how tender my emotions were to being dismissed so easily by the other inhabitants of the outpost until I found one wonderful soul who at least acted happy to have me present. While he takes his moment to see to his many experiments I move from the door and head over closer to where he is working but I make sure to not bump or lean against anything. If he was happy to have me visit now that would surely change should I mess up his work.

When his attention is turned back to me, I hang on his words like a much interested student. I wanted to know about the ambrosia but the more he speaks, the more questions his words bring up. First things first. "I want to know what it is and where it comes from. I have never come across it in nature so I am assuming that it does not exist in nature, at least not around here anyway. How does such a small bite pack such a powerful healing agent? You only fed me a small piece and yet my body was like new afterward, granted much of the more serious healing had been completed before the sun rose, but still I was feeling way too many aches, burns, stabs, and stings for one bite to make it all go away like it did." Of course now I wondered what he meant by the comment that it was lucky my body is still human for the most part. I knew I was a certified freak of nature but I never considered the possibility that it would make me not human anymore. I mean yeah I referred to the normal people as 'mere mortals' or 'weak humans' but that doesn't mean that I don't think of myself as fully human biologically. Maybe this sprite knows something I do not.
338/1807
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Domesticity at its Best   Domesticity at its Best EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:42 am

Dainos smiles as he now understands the pride of a teacher when they see the hunger and promise in the eyes of a pupil. Now she just wanted information, but it still registered the same feeling for the dark sprite. Listening to her, he smiles as he motions for her to come closer to one of the kitchen workstations that has the regular, run of the mill orange ambrosia in the pot. He points out an incantation rune at the bottom of the pot and explains, "Because of certain vital missing atmospheric ingredients and requirements that are present in Onitoshi's environment, that are not present in this realm, I have to simulate those conditions using dark fey magic." He monitors the process for a moment before telekinetically putting the lids on all of the pots. "Ambrosia in your terms is a magical fruit that is cultivated basically in the blood of spirits. That is why humans can be completely healed by it whereas, the Master would be able to heal light wounds with it. Thru the use of alchemical experiments with my recipes, I have been able to create various types of ambrosia. Just now I discovered a new variant that I'm waiting on my helpers to return so they can test it out for me. I was trying to tweak Emerald Ambrosia and instead I got Blue Ambrosia." The dark sprite pauses for a moment again before smiling at her, "The Master was not sure if you would gain a human reaction or a spirit reaction to the ambrosia, but he did not want you in pain, which is why I only gave you a piece. Well that and because at the time, the supply was quite limited. I have been testing out the potency of the ambrosia here because the lack of spirit blood requires me to use incantations. Once we are set are and I am able to get some of these mystical beasts that I hear about for these lands, then I can try to substitute in their blood as the catalyst." Dainos floats over and looks at the blue ambrosia with curiosity. He wanted to know what effects this one would have. He notes that the sapphire color has faded and it is a very beautiful median between sky blue and sapphire, though more of sky side of the spectrum. Turning back to his guest, "Does that answer your question? Is there anything else, you wish to know? I also dabble in weaponry, but my talents have been needed for more... domestic projects." Dainos didn't care to focus solely on domestic things as he knows that my forte is strategy, battle, and war enterprise, so I would profit most from battle improvements aside from of course, my party side though my temperament as of late leaves thoughts of partying in a great limbo right now.

500/1419
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Domesticity at its Best   Domesticity at its Best EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:32 pm

Listening to the sprite go in to some of the information about ambrosia and the process to make it, I found myself more interested than I thought I would be. I had never been a big fan of lessons, I figured I would just suffer through the boring stuff until I got the answers I wanted. The sprite and his subject surprised me, I found none of it to be boring, in fact I was hanging on his every word and found myself saddened when his teachings reached their end. Nodding to him with a slightly sheepish smile after he was finished talking, I glanced once more over the entire setup. "Yes, thank you, my main questions were answered with that. Though I have to admit that more have come up. Your work interests me greatly and I am thankful you have shared a bit of it with me." Moving a bit closer to take a peek at the blue ambrosia he had mentioned, I look back to him with a raised eyebrow. "So do the different colors do different things? Like this one for example. You said it was supposed to be Emerald but has come out blue so you want to test its effects. What is the Emerald supposed to do?"

213/2020
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Domesticity at its Best   Domesticity at its Best EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:33 am

Dainos smiles and nods as she seems to genuinely be taking an interest in the topic and the conversation. It felt good to be able to talk to someone about his work. He missed having Diocchus, his Master & Mentor and the Dark Sprite companion of my father, Quinto. After her question is posed to the fey, he answers her last question first and decides to explain backwards in a way. "Emerald ambrosia boosts vitality, but it also makes one more optimistic with the world and if you are outside, you become... bah! You become far more enthralled with nature. That would definitely explain why my human helpers aren't back yet. There is nothing but nature around, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are gardening and talking to nature. Green ambrosia boosts morale, which is why I have been testing the dosages with my helpers for the last couple of days since I have the recipe for orange ambrosia, the one you took, stabilized. Each variant of ambrosia has different effects. The Master's two favorites are Purple Ambrosia and especially Gold Ambrosia... or at least they used to be when he frequented the Sovereign's Delight, his restaurant and house of debauchery. The parties that he used to throw there were incredible, growing larger and larger, and also, they were quite profitable. Good times in Arden. He was so full of life then. Anywho, it would seem that my dabbling has produced this blue ambrosia..."

There is a scratching sound at the door and Dainos shakes his head with a smirk before he opens the door to let 4 teenage and young adult humans into his laboratory. Their pupils are all green and they look at Kali then look around the room in what appears to be a psychedelic state of mind. Dainos wiggles his fingers at a board near a large tub and it reads in common tongue, "Did you write down all of your experiences and reactions?" They nod to the scroll on the board. Dainos glows and they turn around and approach him. One of the females speaks, "There you are, Master Dainos." A male helper chimes in, "You're so bright and colorful!" The second female adds in, "So pretty. Master Dainos, outside is beautiful." Dainos smiles though they cannot see it and tells them that he needs them to get into the tub, because he has a new recipe for them to test out. They nod and head over to the tub. They submerge under the "water" in the tub for a while and slowly rise finding themselves sober of the effects. They grumble at being back to normal. They approach and Dainos directs them over to the front of the kitchen area where real food and herbal nectar is waiting. "You must eat and drink to stay in prime condition for helping not only me, but our Lord and Master and the village as a whole." They nod as they all start eating without objection. His glowing fades away and he looks over at Kali, "There are several variants of ambrosia. You would be interesting to see under the effects of Purple Ambrosia. I would definitely not want to see you and the Master together after consuming a full amount of Red Ambrosia though. That would be like watching a psychopath's wet dream... especially the way he is now as Krodha. What else would you like to know? I'm enjoying this. Not many take an interest in anything but feeling the effects."

622/2041
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Domesticity at its Best   Domesticity at its Best EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:52 am

"So Emerald turns humans into tree hugging hippies. I guess that doesn't sound so bad for some." I comment idly as the sprite moves to the door to let his four testers back into the lab room. It did not take a scientist or alchemist to see that the young adults were feeling very into nature at the moment. The sight of them makes me really glad I had not eaten a piece of the emerald ambrosia. I could not imagine myself being that in tune with the surrounding nature, and I would never want anyone to see me like that either. While he deals with his subjects, I think over what the sprite said before they arrived. There were different colors of ambrosia and they have different effects or uses. This information continues to make the substances more interesting to me, though finding out how interesting I am makes me feel kind of like a geek. Of course there is no way in hell I would ever admit that out loud.

When the human testers come in and make their way to the tub, I am immediately curious about the solution, that appears to be water, and how it reverses the effects so easily. I also wonder if it would reverse the healing effects of the orange ambrosia after the body has already been healed. When the sprite tells the helpers to go and eat to keep up their strength he then turns his attention back to me. Narrowing my eyes just a bit after he finishes speaking, I waste no time in asking another question. "What are the effects of the purple and red kinds? How would Krodha and I both on red together be like a psychopath's wet dream?" I was assuming that the red would stimulate the blood lust my friend and I share but I can't imagine it being stimulated enough to warrant that particular description.
321/2341
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Domesticity at its Best   Domesticity at its Best EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 4:42 am

Dainos raises a quizzical eyebrow at her analogy unsure of what she is talking about so he just gives a vague "Perhaps so." When her next questions are risen, Dainos pauses as he internally debates whether or not, he should actually tell her what the effects are... especially in front of the human test subjects. He finds himself concerned that the humans will attempt to take an unauthorized dose of Red Ambrosia to experience the effects of the description. "The effects of ambrosia can vary from person to person, so your best understanding would be from you feeling the effects for yourself. Purple, I will not give you without the Master's Permission due to your... "unique" biology. Red Ambrosia releases you from all binds and you embrace your passions and desires, whatever they may be. For the Master, it would give him an insatiable appetite for women and a bloody hunt deep in Solvay Forest or he would travel into hot battle zones just so that he could get a challenging workout. He enjoys blood surrounding him when he ingests red ambrosia, so combining that with his appetite for lust and your similarities to him in that respect... yes, Mistress Vaishya, that would be a terrifying, yet incredible sight to behold indeed. Everything you feel is intensified. Everything you want, you will be inclined to go after it. Any and everything you want to do, you will do. It is true freedom, but it enhances all passion emotions including anger and rage. We call ambrosia the Divine Fruit because you are able to feel as those from both the Northern and Southern Heavens feel. Everything that normal humans feel only magnified beyond normal belief and imagination for a human. The effects you saw them experience are a representation of human reaction. You are both human and spirit, yet are neither as well, so for you, you may be able to handle the effects a bit better."

Looking over at the test group, he asks them if they would like to test the new Blue Ambrosia. They smile at him and nod with excitement and anticipation. They were like kids waiting for midnight to come on X-Mas. Dainos turns to Kali, "Like I said, you will understand best when you try an ambrosia other than orange as that is the regular base variant. It will be quite an experience for you. I'll also be monitoring all of you to make sure that everything is fine. What do you say?"

438/2479
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Domesticity at its Best   Domesticity at its Best EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 12:46 am

As the sprite mentions that he would not even let me try the purple variety of ambrosia without first getting permission from Krodha I am not sure if I should be more offended or afraid. I mean if he would tell me what the effects are supposed to be and I don't feel it would be safe to risk with my 'unique biology' as he so delicately put it, I can make the decision not to try it, but to be told that he would not even so much as consider it without the permission of his master kinds rubs me the wrong way. The unique biology comment also doesn't sit well with me, exactly what part of my biology is so unique that it could make me react dangerously to a synthetic fruit? Is it the night time bloodlust part, the daytime walking wet dream part, or the being a female part? I try not to let it bother me too much, especially after he explains the effects of the red kind. That one would seem like the more dangerous type to let me try, especially if his master were around. To take something that would increase my lust for blood and/or sex after dark could easily put the lives of every person in this outpost in danger so I am inclined to agree with his previous image of the master and I being on it as a psychopath's wet dream. Though I do have to admit that it might be a fun way to spend a night.

Judging from what I have heard so far, including his assessment that my being part human and spirit and yet neither possibly allowing me to handle the effects better than the other test subjects, I am curious to join them in trying the odd blue colored ambrosia. However I do want to make sure that certain safety precautions will be taken. "If I agree to try it can you grant me one guarantee. That if I even seem like I could become a danger to you, these young people, or anyone else in this outpost, you will immediately teleport me into that tub over there and neutralize the threat? I cannot agree to take something without knowing that I will not be permitted to harm anyone else while under the effects." As long as he could promise me that one rather small concession, I would be willing to try his new blue creation.
412/2753
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Domesticity at its Best   Domesticity at its Best EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 3:43 am

Dainos looks at her and just smiles. "Mistress Vaishya, if you hurt anyone, then the Master will hurt you and once he discovers that I gave you an unknown ambrosia, he will torture me for days and considering his command over life and death, I would prefer to avoid such outcomes. You will be fine and I will not let anything happen to you or them. That's definitely your human side. So dramatic." The dark sprite chuckles as he cuts about eighty percent of the blue ambrosia into five pieces and passes them out. He takes the remaining piece and puts it in a storage trunk that seems to be quite cold when he opens it. Kali would notice that all of the four humans do not even move towards their pieces while Dainos is away. They all have their eyes closed and smiles on their faces.

Dainos smiles at them and he begins to glow brightly, "There you guys go, free yourselves of your burdens. Let go of your problems and your worries. Just be free." Dainos' voice seems to have a very soothing effect to it. All four of the youths would be clearly relaxed and calm. "Now, accept the Master's fruit and release yourself." The four youths smile and bow to Dainos respectfully, before they pick up their fruit and speak or chant in unison, "Thank you for this blessing, Krodha ki Yaksa, and for allowing us to feel what you feel as a divine spirit." Dainos nods to them as they each consume their piece and the first bite sends a cool shiver down their spines and all of them start looking around the room very slowly. When Dainos looks at their eyes, they are actually moving really quickly as if they are trying to take everything in. They start to slow down after a couple of minutes as the effects stabilize.

Kali would feel slightly different. The world seems light and you begin to lift off of the ground somewhat involuntarily. The shiver is caused by you feeling a refreshing breeze that stimulates and tickles your skin. The breeze seems to actually flow thru you though. You feel compelled to smile as you find that you are just simply at peace. A feeling of carefree wanderlust would come over you next. You feel like a cloud just wanting to move and dance. The things you were worrying about are no longer that serious. You feel so chill right now.

All while this is taking place, Dainos is taking notes and observing them to see how this variant works and what the observable effects are. One of the youths takes out their "parchment book" and starts writing down notes. They are amazed by this one as they are just beginning to feel Kali's effects.

492/2971
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Domesticity at its Best   Domesticity at its Best EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:42 pm

With a simple nod and a softly spoken, "makes sense", I accept the sprite's logic and take it as an assurance that he would not allow me to harm anyone while under the effects of his untested ambrosia. That may have settled my main concerns, I was still fairly hesitant about trying the new blue variety of the divine fruit. I shook off the comment about my human side being dramatic, when I consumed the warm flowing blood of other people to heal myself during hours of darkness I happen to think that I am allowed a certain amount of drama in my life. If I don't vent the drama somehow I will more than likely go insane from the buildup. Though at the moment I was seriously wondering if I had already hit that point. I mean, who really thinks willingly sampling a bite of a newly created piece of fruit known to cause extraordinary effects of some sort is a good idea? Not anyone with all synapses firing correctly, that's for sure.

I watch the quasi ritual go down between the sprite and the human participants, I might be willing to try out this odd blue ambrosia but I'm not going so far as to chant some rehearsed thanks to a man (yes I said man because I still believe in my heart of hearts that he is just a really talented man, I'm not buying the demigod act so much after that little magical power mishap a few days ago) who isn't even present. It isn't like he is close enough to hear the chant of thanks or even that he would appreciate it if he were in the room with us. It seemed like an unnecessary waste of time in my opinion, but I wouldn't dare say that out loud. When the humans take their first bites I lift my own piece to my mouth and do the same.

I don't know what I was expecting to experience, or even if I was expecting anything in particular, but I do know that what I began to feel had not occurred to me as a possibility. Light, airy, and breezy are the words that come to mind first, like an aimless leaf content to float endlessly upon the wind. Willing to travel anywhere and everywhere, eager to see the world from the view of the clouds. Even the shiver that runs down my spine is a pleasant sensation, causing goose bumps to spread over the length of my flesh as if I had been kissed by the lingering chill in the first breeze of spring. I do not notice my body lifting from the floor for some amount of time. Time becomes irrelevant so I am not entirely sure how long it took for me to notice, only that some time had indeed passed before I did. By the time I did realize what was happening, my feet were well off the ground. Even though I was feeling quite footloose and fancy free, I did have enough presence of mind to at least check and make sure the strange wings I could sometimes produce hadn't sprouted from my back in the heat of the moment. The last thing I wanted to do was freak out the human testers in the lab, even if I was under the influence of this strange, even trippy ambrosia.
567/3320
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Domesticity at its Best   Domesticity at its Best EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:10 pm

The youths begin to move about the room freely before they all remember Kali and smile at her as they dancing around to a musical tune that everyone currently under the influence of the blue ambrosia seem to hear, yourself included. They dance and prance until the girls reach out for your hands to pull you into a dance. They giggle quite often as the music plays in their minds.