Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Departmental Compromise

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Departmental Compromise Empty
PostSubject: Departmental Compromise   Departmental Compromise EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:03 pm

Departmental Compromise Loki_01

Day two of being back, and I was already wanting to head back to the past for some hunting. The long expanses of beautiful land had been swept into the forest of metal and cement. Not that I didn’t love my urban jungle, but I forgot how rude the people here were. Back in the day I was considered to be a god, and I look back at those points, wondering why I don’t go back there right now. Standing up, I walked out of my office, and straight into a large conference room. Already there, everyone who was part of PyraSim had been called in for a meeting. There were ten gentlemen wearing black suits, and two ladies wearing lab coats at the end. At the head of the table, I would take a seat. My secretary, Sarah, would set a folder in front of me, which I would immediately open.
“good morning everyone, it’s nice to have all of us together. First order of business, security is online for the Academy. That means you don’t have to work as hard while you are here. Secondly, the science lab for medical testing is currently in the works, I figured you two would like that.”
My gaze flipped, looking down at my two science gals. They both smiled happily at the thought to do medical research on students willingly. What we were trying to do was develop a type of artificial energy that could be injected. That would give all of my men an advantage in the field. They didn’t need to know about that right yet, as it may not even be possible.
“Next up, your duties.. Science department is a given. You are doing your jobs well, but be prepared for teaching the normal faculty how to navigate downstairs. Men, I want you to hunt down magic users or great martial artists, and bring them to this academy. They have no choice in the matter. If you encounter a decent magic user, I will go and bring them back myself. Do not, and I stress, do not be reckless with your lives. Each one of you are important to me. “
Leaning back, I flipped the next page in the folder over. There was the same image, that young girl from the corner shop in Gothstone. It was rare to pick up another lightning user.. I had no children, and would have to find someone to inherit the Enlightenment of Thunder and Lightning line. Otherwise, my line of inheritance would end. I hated to pass it on to a human, but then again, that may be exactly what is needed at this point of time. For a human to inherit any ability from the gods would be something completely unheard of. I smiled mentally at the thought of going against everything in our teachings.
“Finally, there is a private wing underground where we will be based out of. This section is behind the store house, going through a freezer that isn’t a freezer. It requires duel level authentication, aka your keycard and thumb print. Back there will be our meeting room, your living quarters, and a kitchen. Are there any questions?”

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz : 535/535
Departmental Compromise Loki_03

Last edited by Antifreke on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Departmental Compromise   Departmental Compromise EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:03 pm

There was silence across the table. Their understanding made me happy, as I hated answering questions. With that I stood up, which prompted all of them to do the same.
“Salu Vas Epyon” came the chant across the table. I nodded to all of them while they dismissed themselves. Taking myself back to my office, I decided it was time to get back to re forming bonds with the corporate entity that had funded all of this: PsiVoli. My body moved through the door as it slid shut quickly behind me. The room would light up, and the security would turn on as soon as I sat down. Watching the school, I jotted down notes for improvement. The current system was closed circuit, allowing no outside interference without a physical connection. I wanted to make sure that these access lines were properly buried and protected as much as possible. Besides, as Director the students’ safety was my primary responsibility. I wouldn’t allow anyone to interfere with my school, and that was the bottom of the line for that subject. A familiar beep would get my attention, causing me to turn around to my computer. The large screen would flicker on with the image of the councilman from the lower commons.
“good morning Councilor.”
“Same to you Director Loki. How goes the academy?”
“Almost ready to open, will you be joining us for the kickoff party?”
“I will try.. your petition for zoning has been approved. Walls are good.”
“Thank you for the update, its appreciated”
“what you are doing for the lower commons is appreciated. Have a good one.”

The screen would flicker off before an email box popped up. Opening it, the contents would be from the tech company that had been hired to do the computer lab networking install. It was really simple to set up a network since the lines had been run when the school had been built. All they had to do was set it all up, manage active directory, and get ready to add all of the students to it,. I was rather fortunate to have a hardcore tech geek on staff as the Academy system administrator. Without him, I don’t really know what I would have done. Everything else had been a pain in my ass at this point. The only thing that really made me happy was knowing that each part of my staff was competent enough to do their jobs. After all, they had practically overseen construction in my vision while I was on my little vacation. They were a phenomenal group of people, and I was lucky to have them. Then again, that’s why I selected each of them. Their vision and leadership was what was necessary to be successful in this era. Leaning up, I would read the email again before making my reply. Get here, get it done. That was all.
“hhmm..”

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz : 485/1020
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Departmental Compromise   Departmental Compromise EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:35 pm

I had one more place I wanted to go, but that could wait for now. There were three weeks until opening, and the student council was moving onto campus today. They had to get a solid feel for campus, write their speeches, get their group projects ready, and compile a schedule for the entire fall semester. I had one more meeting to do with all of the council members here before I could get out of here for the day, and leave them to their own talents. I was confident in this group, that they would have what it takes to effectively run this school from the student level. Rising from my chair, I would slide around to get a bottle of water from my bar before heading to the elevator that would take me down to the upper academy.
Safely hidden underground, each member of the upper academy would take classes like a normal student, but have additional requirements and electives only available to them. These special classes were all down here as well, giving us free reign to do what we needed. Even if the city government did a walkthrough, they would easily be kept away from this area without problem. As long as all permits were kept up to date, they would have no reason to be suspicious of anything at all. The door to the elevator would slid open, kicking the lights in my mini office on to full. I would waste no time walking through there, but instead head right into the council room. There was another long table, just like the one in my conference room, sitting in the center. On each side were five leather chairs, each with a body in them. At the far end of the table sat Angela, the Student council President. At the other end, closest to my office, was my chair. Sitting down, I looked down across the first students to move in here.
“So, how’s everyone doing today?”
There was a multitude of answers that all rung out at once. They seemed pretty excited to be here, and to be a part of this academy. One day, Venturion would be the most prestigious academy in the entire city. I would make sure of that myself. Each person sitting at this table was fully capable of handling the operations of the student body as needed. They would also be moving into their dorms later today to get comfortable. As a gift for being the first council, they would each be receiving a computer to use as they wish. A simple gift from me to them for their service.
“good, good.. Let’s get to business.. “
They would find, with me, that I was straight to business all the time. Only one person here had been able to actually injure me during the selection of council members. Thankfully, she didn’t know that she had done it, only that she had been granted the President seat without actually laying a finger on me. The others had all completed their parts, and earned their position here. Looking across their faces, I made eye contact with each one before beginning. We had a lot to do.

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz : 534/1554
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Departmental Compromise   Departmental Compromise EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:48 pm

The folder would be opened in front of me with a table of attendance admitted rates, along with average statistics such as test scores, location analysis, and all of that fun stuff. Looking quickly over the demographics for the first term, I changed my mind on something. With a lot of kids coming in from local areas, it may be easier for me to allow them to choose their roommate for the first term to make integration into the academy easier. After all, this was new for everyone, and I wanted it to be a simple, effortless process without any problems.
“I want you to send out a form to the new students. Make it a packet. Inside of this packet will be a list of their classes for the first term, a semester schedule, and if they would like a certain person as their roommate, who. I want their first term here to be a nice easy one before we get cracking. Admission should increase across the next year when we start allowing junior high in. Unfortunately, that will require the completion of the total project, which involves an extra classroom wing, a broader class schedule, and more dorms for both students and faculty. “
Several of the students were taking notes, which was a good sign. I wondered if they realized that by expanding to younger and younger kids, we could start training them at an earlier time. In the end, if our artificial energy project was successful, we would be able to give these kids lifetimes worth of energy. The average human possessed about a generation of energy, so think of what one could do with ten generations worth of energy. That kind of power was unheard of in the world, and only came around in the heavens. A smile would cross my face as I turn the page to the next order of business.
“I see all of you have moved in, and become acquainted with each other. That’s good, since you will be working together for a long time. Now, since I did the process for student council, I will explain how it works to get onto this platform. First, you must be a student of the upper school. All of you are. The only way to be admitted is with my permission. Now, to get onto the student council, you have to be at least a Level 7, and fight one of the current members at the end of the year. President is different, as anyone on the council can challenge for it. I warn you now, I selected the president because of something special, so don’t take that decision lightly. This is your only warning. “
Flipping another page, I came to the entrance banquet schedule. It was a day long even, ending with a large feast in the courtyard. There were caterers, a stage, a live band for a dance, and even a meet and greet with all of the instructors and faculty before starting term. Taking a moment to discuss it, my eyes looked up again.
“Angela, have a speech prepared for your fellow students. You will make the opening address as the student leader. As president, you will also sit on the schools executive board when we meet. I will give the final presentation and address before we eat and celebrate. Each of you will be dining on the stage at the council table, in front of your fellow students. This lets everyone get a good look at who their student leadership will be before the term begins. Are there any questions?”

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz : 602/2156
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Departmental Compromise   Departmental Compromise EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 11:48 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Departmental Compromise   Departmental Compromise Empty

Back to top Go down

Departmental Compromise
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RP Boards :: Earth :: Lower Commons-
Jump to: