Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Amber Sunlight

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Grunty stepped confidently out of the portal she'd just created to this unfamiliar realm she'd come to once before. Last time she'd traveled here with her apprentice, she'd found herself tied up in an annoying local clan war. Now she stepped out again, determined not to get tied up in anything petty again as she'd look for a small village to subjugate. It wouldn't be hard. One blast, a small genocide should suffice. No doubt the villages maintained more adequate preparations against the machinations of spirits now than formerly, though. This whole "spirit invasion" thing wasn't new.

For that reason, she'd invited her apprentice through the portal. Her apprentice, who followed in the ways of the lytning as her boss had and learned to summon the lytflies. The blast power of the young vascubus woman rivaled Grunty's own. Their combined strength could bring any small, though well-prepared village to its knees.

So she turned, a smirk coming across her sleazy visage as she awaited the arrival of Kyouko.

OOC(value.init[0]);

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female
Number of posts : 974
Rep! : 26
Registration date : 2010-03-08

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:19 pm

Amber Sunlight UtilityBox1-1
Amber Sunlight UtilityBox2
So, here I was. I doubt I would have really been able to get here if it weren't for my previous encounters in this realm. The only reason I had decided to come here had been upon request, actually, and for some reason I doubted that I would have went this far to get here for any person. Yesterday I had a pretty extensive chat with Sakura. Tomorrow I would definitely go to the convenient shop in the morning and maybe even visit the cafe, in the Lower Commons since stuff actually happened there most of the time. That said, I take one solid step out of the respective portal. The transfiguration into this era always made me feel slightly uncomfortable. Not to mention the foreign land to greet me wasn't always that humble. Like last time when we both got caught up in that little war. Hah, that must have given us a pretty infamous title.

"Oi! Over here!" I call with the frantic wave of my hand. My pace is within a moderate jog that would quickly bring me to her location.
Amber Sunlight UtilityBox4
190/190.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:33 pm

The woman looked over at her apprentice before her green and amber eyes took a sweeping glance across the landscape. Heat and desolation first sprang to mind, followed by hot, abrasive winds and blinding sunshine. She held her hand up over her face. "Eh? Wasn't this a forest the last time we were here? The fuck happened?"

She frowned steadily at the hostile landscape, figuring the sudden transformation from forest to dustbowl must be owe to the recent demonic activity. Probably some fire bastard burned the whole area up and made it incapable of holding plant life beyond squatting cacti and crumbling tumbleweeds. She saw a perplexed desert vulture unaffected by the cutting, sandy air and studying them out of its soulless, obsidian eyes, as though disappointed two creatures nearer to death hadn't materialized.

She turned away from it, whirling on one heel and making her way over to the girl. "Hey, Kyouko! Notice anythin different?"

OOC(value.init[0]);

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:42 pm

Honestly, this wasn't even a good environment to hunt in. Before in this place if not a massive supply of humanoids at least I could have extracted blood from a rabbit or deer or something. But in this? Well, everything was probably shrivelled up like raisins from how fervid the temperature was. Whatever here probably had really gross skin; like as if someone pushed them against a screen door all day and then heated their skin over a barbecue fire. Did I include how sandy and shit things would be? It's pretty much equivalent to sand getting stuck in food. Ugh... Anyways, I had been posed with a question.

"Umm..." I begin, tapping my lip lightly as my mind flooded with some degree of thought. "I'm pretty sure this place looked a lot better last time we were here. I bet you whoever does this has a nice bounty on his head..." I scheme whilst rubbing my chin. My eye region elongates slightly as I make small guesses to myself just how much cash it could bring in, and how that would translate to the future's currency...
191/381.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:49 pm

"Little shit..." she grumbled grouchily. "Probably already has his head hung up in a fucking mead hall by now."

She kicked a rock. It flew and banged against the cactus, sending the ominous bird flying up on a rising thermal with several flaps of its heavy wings. The demoness's eyes followed it. "It ain't gonna do us any good to stay here," she grumbled. "C'mon. I haven't seen ye in awhile." She began to walk and, provided her apprentice hadn't seen any reasonable cause to stay back in the sun-baked spot, would talk to her as they traversed the dunes and cracked rocks. Her eyes remained on the ground, scanning for a lizard or something. Grunty tended to eat as she went instead of eating before she showed up at these places. "Tell me, what's been going on with ye since I last saw ya. I'm a bit bored with everything on Yochi to be honest."

Her voice carried a distinct tone of despondency usually missing in her raspy banter.

OOC(value.null);

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:08 pm

This place was so bleak. There seriously hadn't been anything besides a quarry here, a dune there. It was so desolate and my feet were acquiring a subtle ache from the very texture of this expanse. I wasn't going to whine about it, either way. It seriously had been a while since the last time I'd seen her; the last time, actually, had been in this realm. Though, there came that period when asked what's been up where one would truly have to think about what they've been doing. It was strange really. When things so obvious to oneself had to be so profoundly sought for.

"Can't say anything exciting has been going on back in the future..." I thought back. It didn't happen with any recency, but I don't think I had really told her about the instance with that guy. "...although recently I did kill some three headed thing with Nagi... Didn't even have to use that attack on him..." I chuckle a bit after having noticed the tone that her voice seemed to have adopted. Couldn't really say that it was anything I'd been used to. "Anything riveting going on in this here realm?"
210/591.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:53 pm

"Eh?" she put a thumb and a finger on her chin, looking off into the shimmering blue of the horizon. "I just got here actually. Some dude knocked me out with somethin. I was supposed to be in a demon tournament or something like that. Missed all of it. Clean."

She paused to frown. "Guess it don't matter much, though. Bah."

She glanced up at the sun for a moment before returning her gaze to the sand. "Should be coming up on a village any minute, yea? I see some tracks." She sniffed the dry air, frowning. Dry air held little to no information for any length of time. "Some baking bread... flax maybe?"

OOC(value.null);

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:18 am

On the word of tracks I cannot help but promptly consecrate my intent towards locating them. With a keen eye I look around before settling my attention upon the prints. Finally! Somewhere potentially amusing within this damn place. The heat in the area probably increased too; the sun's rays were beating brutally down on the landscape like an empire armed with baseball bats. "Bread? Well, whatever we're nearing must have humanoids in there. Gah... in this place you could probably expect pigmen..." I elaborate with a drowsy sigh as I look around. You know, for some reason I had a sneaking suspicion I may have just jinxed myself. Nah - who would believe in something silly like that? Haha...

"Gotta wonder if this village is warring as well. Or if they're caught up with demons..." It had been a thought lingering in my mind for a while now. Just what happened to this damn place? Or rather, what had been happening to it?
165/756.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:47 am

Grunty wrinkled her nose. "I wouldn't worry too hard about it. We're gonna blow them to hell anyways, yea?"

She walked several dozen more yards and stopped. "You see it over there. Not a big encampment. A few wooden walls and all. We can blow it up from here and we'll be safe. Don't need to kill everyone, just-- uhh... ninety percent of the populace or something like that."

She squinted, taking a couple of steps forwards to bring the distant town on the horizon into better view. "We can send off a couple warning shots and get closer to see if it's safe. Ye can handle it?"

OOC(value.null);

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:13 am

"I think I just may be able to..." I begin, contemplating a concept I had been thinking about before. It was amazing how these things just seem to come to mind erratically. Maybe it had been from those fantasy stories that you hear when you're younger these ideas even come about. But what I was doing was something that I honestly would start my training of now. But I was confident enough to assume that it would work out well. Now, those creatures of myth, vampires, are always able to call out bats. I, as a vascubus, should be able to do something mildly the same and fashion it to my will! From then, I will create these warning shots through a display of explosive energy.

"All right." I extend my hand forward as my pace came to a cease. Concentrating, I think of all things dark. "I got this." Clenching my teeth together I strain my arm until at last I unleash the - suddenly, six stupid looking bats expel from my hand as I open it up. Swatting my arms around at what I had just created I finally stop, staring at them blankly. "HONESTLY... What the hell are these?"
202/958.

Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male
Number of posts : 851
Rep! : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:00 am

Amber Sunlight Reirei_01
The desert was nothing new, really- it was East of Sai City, something one who didn't know such a fact would obviously be confused about. I really, in this matter, cared little. Not too many humans were stupid enough to venture into this land, where water was scarce and you never knew how much food you would have the next day to keep up your strength, nor if you would be killed by a poisonous animal. No matter to spirits, though. As my job was to be the militia for my Lord, though I knew he had others, I would be heading out to a village that I would be 'roughing up' to get more workers from. Miners, most likely. As I had thought that was about all that these desert lands could hold. Currently I was atop my warhorse, taking a calm pace towards the village. Well, where it was supposed to be.

My eyes had closed about ten minutes ago, to be honest. I was wearing a kasa, you see- a straw hat that covered all my head in shade. I had covered my arms with cloth and a leather back brace, so that my skin would not be tanned too much. My legs and feet were covered in a similar fashion, though I still wore straw sandals on my feet. Today would be a interesting convergence- the woman that I'd had strange dreams with, the one I called Kitsune, and a young girl. I had yet to see them, but my warhorse would stop and refuse to go forward. I would be forced to open my eyes as I looked at the large animal. He refused my usual "go forward" push from my legs. Well, he must have a good reason. I would slip off of him and look out at the village- the heat seemed to make it change a bit, but I could faintly make out that smell of bread. But perhaps Kurohoshi had smelled something else. Closing my right eye for a much better look with my left eye- the one that I was spiritually aware with. But I was no spirits there, at least no huge ones.

Words: 364
Amber Sunlight Reirei_03
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:22 pm

The sand sparkled in the sunlight suddenly, Grunty didn't turn her head to look at the black bats that her apprentice formed from the air in front of her. "Eh. That's normal. Ye's a girl incubus, right?" She didn't fully comprehend the concept of a succubus, believing sexiness to be a property of the male half of any given species. "All the incubuses I ever saws knew how to do... bat stuff."

The sparks on the sand began rising up and making a slow, steady march to meet the similar glitter in the air descending down from the sky above the village. "That's a good sign I guess--" she looked absently towards the distant town. She couldn't remember her apprentice being a vascubus, only a vaspire. Then again, her memory failed her often these days and the "cubus" half might prove useful eventually. Maybe all of those drugs were finally getting to the demon's brain. She frowned at the thought, dismissing them as unproductive. "I guess that means ye sleep around too. Growin up fast."

For some reason "killing people" registered as less adult to her than "sleeping around". The oddness of it only occurred to her after she'd spoken, but it was only an odd statement by human standards. Offspring were a big responsibility, after all, and heaven left Grunty unfamiliar with the concept of birth control. Dead people didn't require any maturity to look after.

"Join me?" she said, indicating the lytflies over the city with a brief motion of her head. "Ies gonna count to three."

OOC(value.null);

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:16 pm

You see, I didn't believe this to be completely malevolent. Or maybe that was just the necessity to drink blood that was bugging me to think that way. But eliminating this meant that we'd be deterring their ability to war against a possibly innocent town that who knows if they were warring against it. So it was like killing a few birds with one stone. I could subdue the bloodlust for a while, prevent a possible war, and get to use this once again. Thinking that out I finally figure that I can now live with this on my consciousness. Or well, I thought I could anyways.

I couldn't exactly use that without any incantation. As of now this had really been the only time I've seen someone use a spell without incantation intact. I assumed that it was an aspect of yokai or something. "Spread like the ninth wave of the sea." I call as a massive abundance of lyteflies assemble around Grunty's own. I hear something in the distance, nevertheless. The fervid temperature wouldn't deter the ability to hear. "Shit, a witness?" I steer my head rearwards, a stormy frown marring my face as my attention completely settles upon the figure.
211/1169.

Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:03 pm

Amber Sunlight Reirei_01
Though they have have a 'witness', I made no move to stop the sorcery that I scanned above the village, it was just a disappointment that I had not been able to recruit some miners. What business these beings had was nothing of my concern. I would pull myself back into the saddle as I would simply watch as I had the horse back up a bit as I might have to use my water to defend myself, or even the incubus form and it's wings. Though destructive abilities would still hurt me. I keep within sixty feet of the village its self, meaning that even if I was seen, it would be the form of a human and a horse unless one could zoom in their vision. I would wonder how these spells would really effect the village- I'd never seen the spell, so it really would be more of a learning experience for me.

Then again, that all depended if I was allowed to stay out of this. I'd rather not get pulled in, but if I had to, I'd likely use Kurohoshi's poison spit keep them back and then get us out of here. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that. After all, I was getting curious about this, the longer I watched. Why would such beings be here and why attack a small village? The meaning was something I guess I was being too curious about. I watched carefully, both the faint figures and the sorcery around the village.

Words: 616
Amber Sunlight Reirei_03
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 11:51 am

Grunty didn't move her eyes from the point on the horizon that they originally rested on. "Kyouko, focus."

The idea of a witness didn't bother her much. It's not like they had to remain permanently in this realm. The worst he could do might be to run and get backup, but they'd be wholly too late to save the village.

The range of Grunty's lytflies stretched to a full one hundred feet. Perhaps a few stray flies might land around the area of the horse and the rider, but her attention remained elsewhere and the worst danger to him would be shrapnel from the blast.

"Alright. Get ready..."

The ball lightnings fattened, charged particles glowing every color of the visible spectrum and a few colors only discernible to animals. "One..." She paused for perhaps about five seconds, the flies descended among the buildings. "Too..." The buzzing became audible, even at their distance, like the wings of a thousand locusts. "Three!"

She released the spell, hoping her apprentice would simultaneously.

OOC(value.null);

Back to top Go down
GameMaster
Intern

Number of posts : 321
Rep! : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 11:51 am

The member 'LittleMariko' has done the following action : Roll!

'[ ! Lvl ] Perfected' :
Amber Sunlight ZETA
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:15 pm

"R-Right."

The girl begins to focus, spreading out the small orbs of electricity. Like parasites on a host they begin to latch onto buildings and the like. Just like Grunty's they appear quite exquisite until the hum intensifies unpleasantly. Her mind was off of the witness. If he got too close, he would join them.

The artifact's thirst for blood becomes more pungent as she smells the impending doom that would be brought about. As a vascubus not yet taught within any sort of benevolent arts this would be extremely hard to resist. Besides, lyt'ning wise she didn't know what else to do besides this and her one other ability. A rope.

"Spark."

Simultaneously the girl releases the spell, causing the small gnat-esque balls of electricity to combust in unison with Grunty's own.

She had to mentally question to herself if this were her real nature. Did she succumb to force, rather, the necessity of helping a friend; did she want to do this, or did she want to invest time into protecting importance? Her thoughts digress.

184/1353

Updated
Back to top Go down
GameMaster
Intern

Number of posts : 321
Rep! : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:15 pm

The member 'Blue' has done the following action : Roll!

'[ ! Lvl ] Honed' :
Amber Sunlight EPSILON
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:41 pm

Amber Sunlight Reirei_01
My eyes watched silently, a host of more glowing objects seemed to have attached themselves. My eyes would narrow as there seemed to be a few near me, though not enough to likely harm my horse and I. After all, here I was just the silent observer. I would get off the horse, though, just in case and closed my eyes as I would release a low sigh. Why were spirits always so reckless with spells. I already knew this spell, though. If memory served me, that Kitsune monster thing had used it in a dream. It seemed almost funny, but she was just a dream. I would look around. I thought I might as well shift into my incubus form, just in case I needed to get away, but that would really give away that I wasn't just a normal human. I seemed to just keep attracting trouble all the time. Another low sigh.

"Hmm, that Kitsune... could she have been real? I might check this out after the display. I know what'll happen already... and I know not to get too close. I'll just Godspeed away if I have the need to. The shifting is quick anyway, though I really wish it were night."

Words: 822
Amber Sunlight Reirei_03
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:17 pm

A resounding boom and a flash that dwarfed even the scowling sun replaced half of the village with a 40 meter wide crater, lined on the inside with glass and ashes.

The village remained eerily silent for several minute as the shock of the catastrophe seized the citizens. A wail broke out, a heartbreaking cry of grief as mothers cried for their children; As husbands for their wives. As orphans grieved near the glass. People ran along the short streets, searching desperately for friends, family, and clansmen.

The yokai only high-fived her partner. "Pretty badass, huh? Bet they didn't know what hit them. Ha ha ha!"

She put her hands in her pocket and made her way quickly to the village.

Once there, she'd hop up onto a building, shouting over the general din. "Yo, listen up you miserable... uhh... guys! Until I remember exactly why I blew up your village, y'all are gonna listen to me. Else I'll blow this shit up again, ya hear?"

Several of them stopped to look. Many continued grieving. One audacious child threw a rock. She leaned to the side easily, dodging the projectile and countering with a lightning bolt from the cloudless sky. "Anyone else?" she offered. The charred child lay curled up, quivering from the force of the electricity. Everyone around looked at the ground. "Thought so. First order, someone get me some food, yea? I like fruit and meat."

Having accomplished her speech, the woman looked around for her partner and, wherever she was, would move to meet her.

OOC(value.null);

Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 2:59 pm

Amber Sunlight Reirei_01
As it appeared, I would think a bit more about entering that village after such an attack. A sweat drop popped up after I thought about it, and then I turned the horse around. There was no point in going there, since I had seen Grunty much closer- somehow I'd avoided being struck, though just barely. Well, I still didn't know her name, but I didn't want to deal with her at the moment. I'd come back later to see the village. She seemed to be a lazy one, so if I came back and she wasn't there or was being very lazy, I may just take the workers that I wanted.

"Hmm... but there seemed to be a secondary spell. Oh well, I'll just have to look into it later. There will be plenty of time for investigating it much later. I should get to training my own spells. Maybe I should learn some"

I would look at my hand and clenched it shut as I would look forward with a calmness about me and narrowed eyes. Yes, I would do just that when I had the time. I didn't have the time now, though. I had to make up for not being very active for a month or two for the master's wants. A low sigh slid through my lips as I made a final look back at the village: I would be back, most definitely. Turning forward, I would had Kurohoshi head off quickly towards the Great Sea- I might practice my water magic today.

Words: 1,080

Left rp
words: 1403
Amber Sunlight Reirei_03

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Amber Sunlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amber Sunlight   Amber Sunlight Empty

Back to top Go down

Amber Sunlight
Page 1 of 1