Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:56 am

First topic message reminder :

As Bijali fades from my side, I turn to the center of the ruins and start walking with a purpose. This center platform is supposed to hold the answers to my questions. Well then I have no time to waste. I want, no I need these answers. I have discovered but a sliver of the truth about who I am and apparently, I actually once lived in Koutaku-shi, but was exiled along with other members of the Kunashi Cadre. On top of that, I had to relive and even feel again the feelings that normally belong to a little boy who finally realizes that kudies is bullocks and touching and kissing girls is actually a lot of fun. By the natural use of "my love" I am to assume that she and I were a very serious item though that garden experience is the only solid memory that I have of her and true me. I swear just rationalizing that in my own head raises so many new questions that originally I wasn't even considered with. Also, judging by the title that they referred to me as, I was a Commander in this faction of warrior kami. The fruit tree would explain how I was able to be fooled into believing that I was a Dark Kami since their natural form is humanoid. I have a rather wild feline looking tail hanging around back there though. It seems to be a natural part of me. Interesting. I continue to roam around the ruins as there is such familiarity which allows some of that sadness that she told me I would feel as I realize that this used to be my home and now it has been reduced to nothing more than ruins. This will not suffice. I must find a way to fix this.

319 WC
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle

Number of posts : 2378
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:28 pm

Wielding the sword in one hand, it would be moved through the slashes, dispersing them without much effort. To feel like he was wasting his time, he did not want a problem with someone who could only be capable of something so small. If this was all the other one was able to do then it would be best to get this over with and return to slumber. With a flap of the wings, shards of light would be released from them, showering a wide area towards him. The blades of energy would explode on contact, with each one absorbing the energy released by the last before it then exploded. By the time the explosions would reach the other spirit, it would be a large blast of energy. At this point it was an old west stand still with the two not really moving, and just trading attacks. to someone from the outside, it would seem rather bland, while the result would be from the first person to fail.

Shards of Light, Damage 1,2,3,4,5
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:23 pm

My image would fade away as the energy would seem to simply pass straight thru me. (Godspeed - Honed) Coming back into view about 25 feet to the east of my previous position. My eyes glow as I attempt to pierce the mind of my adversary at full strength. (Mind Reaver - Perfected) While I did not wish to harm him, he is in the way to me uncovering that which I am here to find... the answers to who I am and what happened to my people and this place. As I attempt to pierce his mind, the attack would begin as a sharp, crippling pain in the cranium that seems to spread out to the top of the spine and neck region as the pressure and convulsive spasms that would result from the mental attack would hopefully stun him long enough for me to ask a question. Since he is here and seems to be a Kunashi himself, I wonder if his mind has the answers that I am seeking. I inquire of him, "Who are you and what has happened here?"

190/440
Unlock: Kunashi Soulline (1000)
Unlock: Kunashi - Krodha Transa (500)
Train: Kunashi - Krodha Transa (1500)
Unlock: Kunashi - Spiritual Construct (500)
Train: Kunashi - Spiritual Construct (1500)
Hone: Kunashi - Krodha Transa (1500)
Unlock: Spiritual Arts Custom - Ayna (IP)
Train: Spiritual Arts Custom - Ayna
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:32 pm

Turning to face the other spirit, the blade would be pointed straight at him. His left arm would raise up, lightly tapping a finger to his helmet. With a smile, his neck would crack before he pulled the sword up and put it behind his back. His hands would come across to each other, tightening the leather pieces of his armored gloves. The question posed to him was a simple one, and was rather direct.

"The keeper of records, and defender of the Kunashi tomb. Trespassers are forbidden inside our sacred halls..."

Lifting up his left arm, he would take a defensive stance while in the air.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:09 am

"The Keeper of Records?" I repeat. "If you are the keeper then you should be able to know what I am if you cannot seem to see who I am. I am not your enemy, but I cannot seem to unlock my memories to remember what happened here. All I can remember is that I was called a Melek Komutani and I had a deep loyalty to someone called the Mahana Marsala and I was involved with another Kunashi named Bijali. What happened to Bijali? She has come to me in visions before, but then she vanishes and I do not know to where she goes. These gaps in my memories are keeping any of this from making any sense to me. My memories show this place being a utopia in this realm... not some forgotten ruins." I lower my aggression towards him and focus on my inner essence. The Krodha Transa would be recognizable to the Keeper as my aura should resonate enough for him to feel it. If nothing else, he should realize that I am more a wounded and lost brethren than a trepasser. Still, I am ready to continue this battle should he attack again.

210/650
Unlock: Kunashi Soulline (1000)
Unlock: Kunashi - Krodha Transa (500)
Train: Kunashi - Krodha Transa (1500)
Unlock: Kunashi - Spiritual Construct (500)
Train: Kunashi - Spiritual Construct (1500)
Hone: Kunashi - Krodha Transa (1500)
Unlock: Spiritual Arts Custom - Ayna (IP)
Train: Spiritual Arts Custom - Ayna
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Rep! : 18

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:55 am

His arms would move in front of his body at the others words. Locking at the wrists, the armor would resonate with a low hum before a light emerged from them. It would be gradual at first, then erupt into a blinding array of multiple colors. As it faded, the entire room would have disappeared. Both of the spirits would be standing outside the temple, in the center square. Not on the ground, but up in the air by about fifty feet, the city around them was bustling with activity. [insert ballin japanese cinematic]. The entire city would move around them, while the spirit explained the history of the city. As soon as he did, he would mention the darkness. After that, the entire civilization would be on fire, burning into the darkness, and gradually, shifting into the ruins that were seen on the way in. Both of the other spirits would be able to watch this entire thing, giving them a full understanding of why there were ruins here.

"When the darkness came, the humans were the first to go. We fought our hardest to protect our ways, but ended up entombing ourselves to protect our secrets. The tribes on this island are descendants of the human survivors from our time. The last of us are here, trapped for all eternity to protect this sacred temple."

227 / 1033
-----------
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:21 pm

The shift of location feels really weird when we seem to shift out of the courtyard and into the air. Such happiness fills my being when I look around the massive temple city and watch as humans, spirits, mystical creatures, and half breeds intermingle. I recognize the insignia on the robes of some high profile looking members of each breed. "Those are the members of the Cennet Council. Cennet was the name of the island in old times because this was our paradise. I gave the island the name, Mandira, as I always intended it to be a sanctuary for those who are different or simply want a life that surpasses the ordinary." There is so much life and vibrance flowing thru the city that it warms my very soul.

Then I watch as darkness begins to creep in. I personally witness my own darkness first. All centered around one event, but it isn't all that clear to me at the moment. Something happens and I unleash hell on mortals on the mainland. Then there is fear amongst some and elation amongst others. The rift of the darkness begins to spread. Brother turns against brother. Sister against sister. Lovers against one another. The longing for battle amongst some of the ranks cannot be appeased and when they follow in my sorrowful footsteps, the Kunashi Cadre is called upon to stop its own. The celestial civil war is waged across the skies of the mortal realm for over a decade until a final decisive battle is waged on the island itself. The humans are evacuated from the temple city to the different villages on the island and told to stay safe and away from the temple. The temple becomes a terrible battlefield. The Half Lights, the term used for the human - spirit hybrids back in that time, are advised to flee as well, but some remain and fight for their respective side. The battle rages on for eight long days while the city burns around them.

On the ninth day, a figure appears in the center of the Great Temple. I can feel his emotions and his sorrow. He had been asleep in a deep trance and meditation but awoken by the conflict. All of the Kunashi battling against each other vanish from the ruined city and the Half Lights are overwhelmed by the figure's mere presence. It looks like eight wings flap and expand to full bloom in a show of force that extinguishes the fires but not the damage. The figure says nothing, but they knew his divine will. The fighting ceased immediately. All of the Kunashi appear in the same large courtyard within the temple and try to attack each other only to find all of their attacks reflected back against themselves at the same time. They are flung to all sides of the room. Some are teleported away with their Kunashi Essence sealed away. The others are trapped within to pay penance and reflect on the error in their ways. If they wanted to continue fighting then they would do so trapped in this temple.

Most of the Kunashi are sealed in different rooms alone as part of their punishment. There would be no mercy shown for their transgressions. The figure visits one of the faithful Kunashi who tried to prevent and stop the fighting from escalating to the point that it has. He speaks to him, "Thank you for trying to protect the Cadre from itself, but I must ask something grave of you. I have restored our lore and artifacts to their condition before this foolishness began and most of the brethren are trapped here. I ask that you serve as Keeper of the Temple. Let none who trespass survive. Those of your squad should be positioned to protect this most sacred of grounds. A time will come when the Kunashi Prime will return. I ask that you teach him and help him should he subjugate his pride and seek it. Show him the path and he will restore things to how they need to be. When he returns and takes his proper place then you may enter a trance of rest, but until then I need you to stand vigilant. Will you accept this request, Brother?" The guardian nods, "I will always guard and protect our people. For all of eternity if I must. You forced him to sleep, so I do not believe that he will return to lead. He is filled with so much darkness." The Figure nods to the Keeper, "I know, but he is also filled with more light and love for this land than anyone I know. That is why I need you to help him. You and the faithful Vasi will need to help him as you did before when I asked you to teach him Ayna." The Figure smiles before a cocoon of spiritual energy envelops him and a moment later, he is gone.

My eyes open with sadness. "I see. Thank you for your devotion for all these years. This Ayna that you taught I'm assuming me, what is that?" I also wondered about the mention of a Kunashi Prime. Was that a rank or title that I had obtained? I find myself quite vexed by this whole situation. I swear, the more I start to remember, the more blank spots I find. If I could just remember everything already.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:36 pm

So much useless slaughter was shown through the history. The flames would fade into darkness before the walls reappeared, leaving the spirits where they started. A few moments had passed here while they were shown the history of this land. His head is raised in a solemn reverence while he remembers all that happened. His brothers were sealed across this temple, punished for a time long lost to them. Most would barely even remember those days by now.

The wings would curl around his body while he floated there, glowing lightly with a silver pulsing light. He would lower his head, allowing the armored visor to come across his face. The walls would be lit now, allowing the inside of the temple to be fully revealed. There were grand paintings, and glass walls with pictures across them. The entire place would be a work of beauty.

"The Ayna, a thought process and way of life, the higher path. It is an answer that you must seek."
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:39 pm

woah.. shit son. So, this is what happened down here. Who would have thought that by crashing out of the sky and landing in some old ruins, I would find the other spirits ancient bachelor pad and awaken some undead warriors from back in the day. .If I had known that pulsing energy that put me on my ass before was going to lead to this, I would have reported back to him immediately instead of waiting half a week. Then again, it hadn't really been too important for me to do any of that. Taking a deep breath, I watched the other spirit. leaning back against the wall, it occurred to me that each needed balance. the outside required one of their own, and an outsider. The inner one required both of us to overcome our inner self. What he had gone through, I had no idea, but I would bet that it was something close to the same as me. This little adventure had even given me something that I had been searching for, and that was a greater level of power.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 6:25 pm

"It is a higher path... an answer that I must seek? I do not understand. None of this makes sense to me to be honest. Is the Ayna a power or a relic? The figure in that vision said that I am supposed to seek guidance to understand it. I do not know how to seek guidance b/c I don't even know what I am searching for."

This was all rather confusing to me. I also don't seem to understand why I seem to be so open to so many different emotions. I feel things in ways that are foreign to me. It is like my spirit got an attunement upgrade. The sheer energy of this place flows thru me and I pause for a moment. Telepathically, I speak to the Kunashi Keeper, "Will you help me?"

Spoiler:
Ayna Description:
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 6:40 pm

A single hand raised to the side of the helmet, while he grabbed the side of it. Slowly, it was lifted from his head before long strands of blonde hair came from the top. His eyes would glow, again revealing a flash of light. Raising his other hand, a reflection would come from his fingers. the images from his mind would appear, from earlier in the temple. The first guardian had used a technique that reflected the techniques used, and had been able to absorb them into his own abilities.
"You already have the knowledge, now you have the power.."

The light would wrap around the spirit, while a being from the past days would be revealed. it was a spirit of the higher order, one who was simply clad, but beautiful in every right. Her arms would extend, as if she were bestowing a simple hug upon the spirit. She was surrounded by mirrors that reflected the light, basking her in a more radiant light.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:13 pm

Wow, after all these years down here and he still has spectacular hair. I mean I don't see a flake or as many split ends as one would expect. Very impressive to say the least. It feels like I enter another vision. When I do I am able to watch as one of the guardians from earlier took one of my powers and turned it back against me. Now I am curious as to whether it actually hit him and he rechanneled it, but when I look at one of the reflections of him, I notice that the attack never actually touches him. It stops moments before impact and is repelled back towards the attacker. A magnificent display of power. It would seem that I have greatly underestimated the use of defensive prowess. True granted that some might consider such a power as Ayna is being offensive, I find it to be a beautiful median.

As the vision ends, I find myself surrounded yet again by light. While within this cocoon of illumination, a familiar figure is revealed. I'm not sure if she is another figment of my imagination, but she was one of the Kunashi who first came with us when we were exiled from Koushi. The feeling of fondness is deeper than that though. It is as if I was closer to her than just a mere acquaintance and brethren of the Cadre. I exhale in the embrace and while there is much that I probably wish to say, I just sigh peacefully. It felt good to be embraced in such a manner and her essence seems to intertwine with my own.

Spoiler:
Ayna Description:
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:02 pm

The body of the lady would wrap around his before her skin glowed brightly. The mirrors that surrounded her would reflect the light back into her spirit, igniting it, fueling it, and forcing it to burn brighter. With a glow, her body would disappear into the light, while the glow transferred over to his. As the light subsided, the spirit would see his own reflection all around him, as if in a circular mirror. The glass would break, leaving him back where he started. Lowering his arm, he would float there, curious to the result. Only a true Kunashi would be able to pull the lady from his heart. It wasn't something that was currently in existence, it was something that was held deep within their spirits.

"Have you found the answer.."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 4:14 pm

So warm. So beautiful. So radiant. The light is far more alluring than the darkness has been. I am completely free of the darkness yet, but it no longer has any hold over me. A Kunashi walks that fine line between light and darkness, between good and evil and we do so on a constant basis. We are warrior kami who train in multiple disciplines that force us to enhance his physical and mystical powers in order to better defend ourselves and our charges. That constant pursuit of excellence and improvement fuels us to research and discover powers that one can quickly lose control of until they master it. Also, when one is constantly engaged in battle of some sort, it can harden one to be colder and more vicious. This lady calms all of that. I still cannot remember who she is, but her essence is pure serenity. Even in the storm of emotions that I can feel within her, she is at peace. That peace seems to speak to me as she vanishes from sight.

In the moments while I am surrounded by the reflections of myself, I begin to remember when I was first being taught about Ayna. I had just been defeated in a duel by my own most powerful attack and I was confused because I knew that my opponent in that duel did not know the power, but he bested me with it all the same. He explained to me that a Master Vasi will defeat a Master Komutani more often than not because the Vasi is not concerned with inflicting continuous and massive amounts of damage but their concern rather is not being hurt themselves and when their opponent has weakened or tired themselves, then they force the aggressive Komutani into a feeling of desperation because Komutani do not fight wars of attrition. We are trained not to. We are trained by the doctrine of "Strike first, Strike Last" meaning that when we strike it is meant to neutralize our opponent quickly and decisively. He is correct in the Vasi thought that if you weather the storm from a Komutani early on and we are concerned about our ability to damage you, we become concerned and start moving to use more dominating powers that also drain us faster. Impressive to say the least. What I found troubling though was the fact that he told me this and followed it with, "You must be wondering why I would actually tell you such a thing, aren't you? The answer is simple. Komutani do not change easily. Just like the Vasi whom you defeated are highly unlikely to change because it is rare to face your neutralizer and even when you do, trying a new style for the first time is not easy. Thus, you try to simply modify your current style and that rarely gives you the advantage that you were hoping for. So the outcome remains the same." I do not like this answer because I don't like having any opponent that I cannot defeat. My first thought is simply to train more often against Vasi, but that runs the possibility of dulling my prowess against other Komutani or aggressive fighters whom I could crush quickly without ever allowing the possibility of a lucky strike landing against me.

Indeed, this is a paradox. "The power, Ayna... if I learned to utilize that power. I could counteract a Vasi's ability to counter me, could I not?" He grins and shakes his head. "Not exactly. Ayna is not a mere power, but it is practically a fighting style. It provides balance and teaches you to use your opponent's aggression against them. Our martial arts style that you are starting to learn focuses on the principle of interrupting the flow of your opponent's tactics. Ayna helps because your target will question just how powerful you are if you can use their powers as well or against them. Quite the tactical advantage, don't you think?" The glass shatters and I find myself pulled out of the vision and back standing before the Temple Keeper.

Nodding to the Elder Kunashi, I found myself with a deeper sense of enlightenment and at least the starting point that I need to further unlock my memories and a better understanding of my people and how to return this island to its previous beauty and glory. My lips part and breath is pushed out as sound forms and floats along the air in speech, "Yes, I have found what I am looking for. Now I must find this Prime that is meant to correct what has happened here. I must also discover who I was in order to truly know who I am and until I accomplish that, I cannot remain here. I have channeled as much energy as I could into this temple to restore it, but I would require a bit more time to truly restore our home. I am hoping that if I can locate this Kunashi Prime then they will be able to aid me in the restoration. I thank you for all that you have done and continue to do for our people."

I would pause for a moment before I look up at my Constructs and nod to them. Lifting up higher into the air, I look at the Keeper once more.

650+2198/348

Training:
Ayna:
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:33 am

I would stand there watching the entire thing, as usual. It was interesting to see a living piece of history, and to be completely honest, I wouldn't have minded a shot at one of those guardians. I rather enjoyed testing myself on other spirits, especially ones who are well versed in the art of combat. I myself had came here with a goal of learning more, and unlocked something within myself, and for that I was grateful. it seemed that these spirits were capable of bringing out the inner power and strength that we each held. Looking down, my fingers would ball into a fist before stretching out again. I still had a bit more to learn with the lightning, but I knew that it would be well worth it once a certain point had been reached. It looked to me like the other spirit had learned much, and was ready to get out of here. maybe. If I had heard it correctly, he had learned all he could here. that was great, cause I was definitely starving and needed some food. Breakfast had been missed, and I could go for that, and a shower. there was a certain little bath girl I had been interested in seeing for a while, and today I would return to her. We had been here for most of the day, it was time to get out of dodge.

-----------
Spoiler:

Last edited by Antifreke on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:37 am

the keeper would look up before nodding. The giant body would lift off the ground while drawing backwards towards the large podium. Giant silver wings would fold around his body as his helmet returned to its position atop his head. Glowing, the wings would surround his entire body like a cocoon before turning to stone. The barrier atop the balcony would shatter like glass, glowing before dispersing into spirit particles. The large stone door would slide open, revealing an exit back to the primary hall. Bright particles would lift from across his body, shimmering brightly while making the entire room glow with light. It would be a beautiful sight for any living creature to see.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 9:25 pm

SENT TO UYB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2