Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scholarly Trivia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ero
Veteran
ero

Male
Number of posts : 742
Rep! : 0
Registration date : 2009-10-27

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:23 pm

Since his departure from the future realm and being dumped into hundreds of years into the past, Kuna had been making the most of his time here spent amongst the scrolls and books of the temple of Saichuugai. The script was anarchic but still readable, and he was able to learn more about this Watcher religion. "I'd have to cross check this stuff against the university library...and perhaps Izuya." He would say, but he had a gut feeling that Merkus was another part of the puzzle. He let out a sigh as he walked up one of the aisles containing hundreds of different religious books, and a smattering of primitive scientific works. "They say that war produces the greatest scientific advancement, so I wonder if the incidents in Sai City will turn out good after all." He mused mostly to himself as he ran his hand down the spine of one of the books.

"Wonder if they have the printing press already invented?"
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:38 pm

The temple; it was one of the places in the past realm that Izuya wouldn’t touch with a 10 foot pole. Here in the past realm, spirits weren’t that common of a thing; beyond that in uncommonness were those who were able to sense spirits. Though it was not common to be able to sense spirits, all those who were able to do so seemed to be in the temple. Izuya knew that he could probably pretend to be a human and waltz in, but there would be a high likelihood that a priest would yell, “demon!” and then the fiasco of trying to purify the demon would probably begin. It was too much of a headache to begin to want to undergo and didn’t really have that many elements of fun in it, since it didn’t really affect anything in the long run; no lives were detrimentally shifted or anything like that.

Izuya would be walking through the streets of the village within visible range of the temple dressed in the traditional garments of this time. He would be wearing a gray yukata set with a black sash. He knew that his good friend Kuna had gone into the temple for reasons unknown. He was in there for too long, and thus, Izuya made the decision to fetch him out. Instead of doing it himself, he decided to enlist the aid of another good friend. As such, he made sure to have Armant with him, provided the young man clothing of this realm and promised to treat him to a dinner in the future. Of course, there was a good chance that after joining the militia here temporarily, Armant would be slightly more accustomed and prepared for this realm then when initially dumped into it.

Back to top Go down
Jherit
Rookie
Jherit

Male
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2010-08-21

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:49 pm

Unsatisfied with the answers he got at the house north of the village. Armant decided to take Izuya up on his offer into the temple. His trip had raised more questions and he was determined to dig up this Artemis Goddess. Walking alongside Izuya Armant still wore his militia armor which over it he wore his cloak he had stolen. To his back was his sheild, battle scars and all. At his hip he wore his blade it had served him well so far and found no reason to stop wearing it now. He tosses his hood back and glances over to Izuya. "So why am I headed to the temple with spirit? Seems like Im asking to get burnt at the stake for association"

-125/125
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:01 pm

"If I could transport some of these texts back too the future realm...I could make a fortune doing that." He said with a scratch of his chin thinking of the possibilities. He would have to be careful not to pilfer anything from the temple, but he figured that buying up such artifacts and porting them over would be possible and potentially profitable. It was just a flight of fancy however. His real goal was to learn as much as possible and develop his mind and body to truly make a difference (with the secondary goal of at least punching Izuya at least once). The Highschool student had spent enough time amongst the books of the library, and he was thinking of taking a stroll through the gardens for something relaxing before going off and searching for books and information on magixs. So, he would leave the library and head towards the gardens.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:08 pm

“Temple?” I zuya asks, “who said anything about the temple or burning?” Though he may not have verbally mentioned it, Izuya’s strong sense of influence had a way of beneficially working out for him based on the situation. His gaze shifts to the temple as if just now noticing that it was in visible distance from where they were. “Oh…” he murmurs in a mock sense of realization. Turning to Armant with a smile, he continues gleefully, “but since you mentioned it, I do have a friend in there who I wanted to ask if he wanted to go and eat with us. Due to various circumstances, I can’t go in there and get him, so if you can be a dear and get him, it would be much appreciated.” He would hold a kind smile on his face, but fully expect Armant to go in there and get him. Though he did not describe what Kuna’s name was or what he looked like, he projected a good enough image into Armant’s head for him to ‘automatically realize’ who he would be looking for.

Back to top Go down
Jherit
Rookie
Jherit

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:19 pm

"Well I merely seen the temple and judged our course and the temple seemed the most logical destination." he smiled a bit "Im not entirely the same unobservant human you met that night." As they approached the temple he listened to Izuyas request and an image of a blonde male flashed for a second. At first Armant thought it was more of the woman. Then thinking he looks to Izuya "You always been able to do that?" He smiles and looks to the temple and then back to Izuya "You are probably the basturd who keeps showing me her. Seems like something you would do to get a reaction out of me. Anyways... I'll go in and get this man of yours and then you provide dinner like you promised. I've been saving every penny for that damn monk... Can't remember the last time I had a good meal." With that he gave Izuya a final nod and a small smile. "Be right back" Armant turned and headed up the temple stairs. As he enters he looks around the scene before him. "Where would he be?"

-186/311
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:33 pm

Kuna left the cool comfort of the library and through a couple of winding halls made it outside. It was the typical grounds of a temple, basically a zen meditation garden that let people admire the beauty of nature in an orderly fashion. It brought a little smirk across his face that even here humanity sought to tame the very forces of nature and spirit. *It makes you wonder what this temple will try too accomplish in their future and if they will succeed or not.* He thought to himself as he gave little polite nods too passing priests and nuns. "Magix seems to be the best way of combating spirits since human's cannot got physically toe to toe with them, but I wonder if there are ways around that." He mused to himself some more as he made a slow concourse through the temple grounds.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:43 pm

Izuya assures Armant that he has no idea of what he’s talking about and bids him farewell as he heads into the temple. He wasn’t the type to claim all of his abilities; the world had enough coincidences for him. Since Izuya could feel where Armant and Kuna was, he was able to use his influence to assist Armant’s male GPS to help him find the person he was looking for. Of course, he would do this in a manner so subtle that it would seem like happenstance if the two were to bump into one another. He would focus his energy on that while walking towards an alleyway where he would sit upon the top portion of a barrel to rest his legs for a moment. Reaching into the Yukata, he pulls out his cell phone, charged from earlier and begins playing solitaire on it, purposely absent minded of his current setting.

Back to top Go down
Jherit
Rookie
Jherit

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:50 pm

Armant was standing there deciding which way to go when he thinks he sees the blonde hair man pass by. "Well that was easy" he says to himself and turns around to follow him. "Just need to see his face to be sure though" Armant tries to be inconspicious as he follows him around but finds it pretty hard when considering there is nothing to hide behind and he was trying to catch up. When he gets close enough he calls out loud "Hey!" hoping that the blonde haired male would turn around so he could get a good look at his face to confirm his suspicions. Then they could get back to Izuya and onto the first good meal in a long time.

-124/435
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:59 pm

Kuna had stopped near a koi pond and was pondering one of the hidden meanings of life, and he was about to grasp the answer. He lost the answer though when he heard somebody yelling at him. The blond pivoted on his heels to look at the person who was trying to get his attention. There was the cock of a blond eyebrow at the manner, but more importantly at his speech patterns. They were from the future and as a bonus did not look like Izuya at all! "I knew that there were other people who had come to the past, but I didn't think I would met one of them so soon. So, what is it you want?" Kuna said while folding his arms together.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:00 pm

When it had only been moments since Izuya started to play solitaire on his phone, he was soon gone from the past realm entirely. Still in the traditional clothing, he seemed out of place in the new contemporary and modern settings of his living room as his body was leaned forwards in the office chair that sat in front of his computer in his apartment flat. He typed into his keyboard, unlocking the PC and checking a few things, initially telling himself that he would just check a few things in this realm while he waited for the others in the other realm. Of course, there was a slight, or rather large, chance that he might miss the exact moment when Armant and Kuna came out, but in his mind, that wasn’t entirely a big deal. Since he had the time, he could check up on the stocks of the various Yakuza ventures to see how his advice to various factions had been panning out in the latest number run.

Back to top Go down
Jherit
Rookie
Jherit

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:06 pm

The instant the blonde male turned around a wave of recognition washes over him. "Yup you're him." He finishes catching up to him. "Aye I am from the future." Armant smiles a bit "Well judging by the fact that youre from the future as well and who sent me to find you I would safe to assume Izuya dropped you here aswell" Armant allows himself a laugh "That man never ceases to surprise me." He brings his hand fourth and extends it towards the man "Hi you can call me Armant. Izuya sends me with a dinner invite."

-98/533
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:14 pm

"Ah." He would say somehow not surprised that Izuya would not only strand Kuna but another person as well. "I guess you could put it that way." The blond would say as he gauged Armarant's attire. He blended in quite well especially with the armor and sword he was wearing. "So, Izuya has decided to do something nice for a change?" Suspicion was heavily laden through his words "It can no be just as simple as that, but I get the feeling that he will keep pestering me until I go and see him." Kuna would say with a long drawn out sigh. "Oh, by the way my name is Inoue Kuna." The blond said waiting for Armant to guide him to Izuya.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:18 pm

In the progress of checking the stocks, Izuya found himself receiving several voicemails at once. This made sense, due to the fact that he was an informant slash consultant and if he were in the past realm, his phone obviously would not get reception. He is distracted from the computer long enough to start playing his voicemails and begins to screen them on the side. Soon, he settles into multitasking as the voicemails play and he reaches for and grabs his date book. He took his job very seriously, though he often took a playful approach to things. For him, his actions didn’t necessarily have to make sense to others so long as they all combined in an interesting way for his purposes, whatever they may be. The two males in the past realm were not out of his mind just yet, though they were on the backburner of mental topic. After all, to him, they were only pieces to a much larger puzzle; the friendship was a side benefit for all mutual parties associated.

Back to top Go down
Jherit
Rookie
Jherit

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:22 pm

When Kuna ignore his offer for a handshake Armant smirks and lowers his hand. He listens to him and nods in agreement. "Yea I learned to pretty much go with the flow but be on the ready when it comes to him." Armant places his left hand on his hilt and chuckles a bit. "But because of him Ive grown a bit and in this realm people dont treat me like im weird. In the future no one seems to want to be around me and Im not quite sure. Izuya is pretty my only friend in that realm." He turn to look back towards the temple where he left Izuya. "Well I'll lead the way." As he says this he tilts his head towards the temple in the direction he would be going. "Twenty bucks says he wont be there" Armant jokes.

-143/676
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:31 pm

Kuna gave a slight shrug of his shoulders. "I'm not sure if I would take getting stranded in the past like this...with the same level of grace that you have. I am however making the most of the experience." He would say a little bit put off by the way in which Armant put himself at Izuya's mercies like that. "Twenty bucks yeah that is a pretty sure thing, but I'll bet another ten that he comes back in some comical fashion, states some need for using us, teleports us to some random location and leaves us there so we can bond over life and death situations." He would say with a roll of his eyes at the exaggerations he had just made, but in the brief time he had known the spirit he wouldn't put it past him to try such a thing. "So, how did you find the itinerant wanderer Izuya?" Kuna sked.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:38 pm

In expected unexpected fashion, the chair in Izuya’s apartment flat rested unoccupied. The phone was gone as well as any sign that Izuya had been there with the computer locked in the state it had been before he arrived. The setting had changed drastically; no longer was it a clean and contemporary apartment, he was now in what seemed to be a seedy warehouse front. In this new setting, the young informant found himself standing before a male in a partially unbuttoned white shirt and slacks. Several men in bad suits stood about the area. More like a warehouse mixed with a hang out spot, there was furniture, women and a pool table mixed in with the storage boxes. The lead male was sitting on a large wooden box with a cigarette to his lips listening intently to Izuya who stood jovially speaking with his hands explaining something of a future strategy of implementation.

Back to top Go down
Jherit
Rookie
Jherit

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:41 pm

"Well like I said I dont have anything for me in the future realm, but dont get me wrong I dont want to stay here either. Im just here til I earn 1000 shinnies acording to Izuya." He glances over to Kuna. "Ten bucks?" Armant ponder its for a second "Yea Im sure thats about what will happen, but like I said hes my only friend in the future. Sometimes his antics are fun and they can be life changing. Yet again dont get me wrong. They can piss me off too." He allows himself a smile and thinks back to the hellhound encounter. "Anyways what were you doing in the temple?"

-111/787
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:54 pm

"I was reading up about the history and the religious views of the people here since I was here I would expand my knowledge a bit." Kuna would say as he glanced around "I am also looking for some information on magical and other mystical techniques, but I haven't found much." They had come too the entrance of the temple and were now crossing into the village itself. "Oh, you've got life changing alright, but I think you should also add life threatening into the mix as well. He certainly seems to get a certain voyeuristic pleasure from all this I think." He would comment. "So where are we headed towards now?"
Back to top Go down
Jherit
Rookie
Jherit

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:04 pm

At the mention of religious Armant stops for a second "Well thats a coincidence I was hoping to delve into the library myself and read up on a certain goddess whose been haunting me. You didn't happen to read up on any Goddess of the Hunt by the name of Artemis?" As he says this he notices they are now out of the temple and about right where he left Izuya. "Well Im not sure... I thought right about here but it seems I had a chance to be twenty bucks richer." Armant lets out a small sigh and small quiet laugh. I guess now we wait to see if you had the chance to be ten bucks richer"

-119/906
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:14 pm

Kuna would arch an eyebrow at his question. "There was a section on other religions, but I have not really looked at that. I was mostly focusing my attention on magical treatises and texts about Merkus, the watcher, and the two spirit realms." He would say as his blue eyes scanned the ground around them. "Let's be honest it didn't surprise us both that he would be gone like this." He would say looking around once more. "He has a flair for the dramatic, so he would probably wait for the most dramatic moment to drop in at, or at least try to make it as such."
Back to top Go down
Jherit
Rookie
Jherit

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:23 pm

Armant laughs a bit as Kunas description of Izuya was pretty much spot on. "Pretty much." He says in reply. He reaches behind him and loosens his sheild and sets it on the ground against a tree. "Ah so no luck yet again. Damn." Armant crosses his arms and leans against the tree. "I'll just have to come back and go through them the next time I get a chance." Armant brings a hand to his chin as he thinks. "I wonder where he always runs off when he does this." Armant looks around at the passer bys "I always wonder if he just goes invisible and hides close by just to savor my reactions but I dont know the full extent of his powers."

-125/1031
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:29 pm

"He said that he deals in information, and from his abilities it looks like it would be easy enough for him too multitask. That is probably what he is doing right at this moment." Kuna would say as he made a gesture and went too one of the nearby benches and sat down. "He said to me that he was all smoke and mirrors, but I myself can't buy that its just solely that. There has to be a lot more stuff he knows in terms of magix techniques then he lets on with just his simple smoke and mirror tricks." The blond would idly say. "I say give him a half an hour to get back before we go and do something else."
Back to top Go down
Jherit
Rookie
Jherit

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:42 pm

"Smoke and Mirrors is what he calls it?" Armant asks a bit sarcasticly. "Trust me there was nothing smoke and mirrors about him dropping me into a life or death fight with an invisible creature I couldnt even see. No idea how I survived that one. Not to mention that no amount of smoke or mirrors ever transported two people back in time. I know he has some kind of magix. I was shown it over and over again the first night we met and he put me through the ringer." Armant laughs more to keep from getting annoyed than because it was funny. "Actually that night never really ended... halfway through I ended up here to gather 1000 shinnies for some monk." Armant lets out a sigh "Sorry havent had anyone to vent at yet." He uncrosses his arms and scratches at the back of his neck. "Half hour sounds good to me."

-153/1184
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:00 pm

"Like I said that is what he said too me about his abilities, but I don't really care what he calls it." Kuna said with a sigh as he looked back over to Armant. "It sounds like you got the worse deal with him. I just got dumped here in the past...'to strengthen bonds of non-existent friendship'" The blond would say as he closed his eyes. "I am starting to think that I should dig around in Izuya's past and act in such annoying manners, just to get some minor enjoyment out of it." Kuna would say as he opened his eyes and looked around.
Back to top Go down
Jherit
Rookie
Jherit

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:09 pm

His statement amuzes Armant. "Fight fire with fire with that one and you're liable to end up burnt" He steps away from the tree wondering where and the hell Izuya could be and why he wasnt enjoying his dinner yet. "Though that is a rather amuzing idea. Only problem is he dodges every question that pertains to him. Rather annoying really." Armant kicks at the ground a bit. There is a weird growling gurgling noise and Armant looks to Kuna slightly embarassed. "I hope this dinner is real I dont know how much longer I can go without eating. My poor stomach hates me nowadays" Armant jokes, trying to shrug off his embarassment.

-113/1297
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:20 pm

"If the problem is food, the temple holds a food for the poor, and I am sure they would offer food for those that have joined the militia." He would say looking around. "It seems like Izuya isn't coming along at all, so I am inclined to ditch him and get something to eat there." He would say glancing around once more. "That is why you don't ask him questions of your own, but find the information on your own." Kuna would say as he stood up. "Should we go or continue to wait for our errant friend?"
Back to top Go down
Jherit
Rookie
Jherit

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 10:25 am

"Well the problem about the food thing is that technically Im not poor. The militia pays me well but... I just dont spend it. I plan on getting home ASAP."In response to Kunas question Armant hesitates for a second not really just wanting to leave incase he does come back. Armant walks over and pick up his sheild and slings it over his shoulder and onto his back. "Ehh what the hell if he does come back hell come find us. He seems pretty good at that. Lets go find some food." Armant walks over to where Kuna is. "Well the problem about digging into his past is I dont have the faintest clue where to start really."

-119/1416
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:50 pm

“Hmmm…” Izuya folds his arms and rubs his chin as he stands to the rear of Armant and Kuna as if a part of the conversation as well. “Where to start is a good question,” he continues before brightly pulling the focus to himself and speaking, “but luckily we have reservations… at a very nice place nonetheless!” Flamboyantly he lifts his hands with his proclamation and a column of light engulfs them as they would be teleported from that place. The speed in which this is done would assure none of the spiritually aware priests of the temple would have time to run out and confront the trio. With that, they would no longer be in Yochi Furi as the teleportation would send them into the future, or present realm spatially near their initial concourse.

Exit RP: Making a new thread now on the appropriate board to continue. You both can split my WC for EXP.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scholarly Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Trivia   Scholarly Trivia Empty

Back to top Go down

Scholarly Trivia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RP Boards :: Yochi Furi :: Yochi Furi (old)-
Jump to: