Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Exploring The Deep (Rei)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Exploring The Deep (Rei) Empty
PostSubject: Exploring The Deep (Rei)   Exploring The Deep (Rei) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Exploring The Deep

Shifting my gaze, I scan over the forest before me. It reminded me somewhat of the forest in the past and of the forest in Onitoshi, though at the same time it held its own differences. This forest seemed void of human life, though at the same time it still held life of its own. I could sense the presence of spirits and demonic entities in the forest, though it seemed strange considering how the humans treated demons and the like. I knew not to let my guard down, though I doubted I would run into any humans in the forest, I knew there were other things in the forest that could pose a threat to me. Though it was somewhat reassuring, the spirits in this forest wouldn't attack out of hatred, not unless they simply hated everything. No the spirits here would attack out of necessity and survival, praying on weaker beings for food. This was a type of life I had grown accustom too and understood it well. Pausing in my trek forwards, I shift my gaze once again around the forest before me before slowly lifting it towards the canopy of the forest. I had yet to fully understand why I had came to this place and begun to walk around, aside from the fact that it is a place I had yet to see before and was void of human presence. With my gaze upon the canopy of the forest, I slowly shift my gaze, scanning over the canopy of the forest as I let out a soft sigh.

Post WC: 263
Total WC: 263
Exploring The Deep (Rei) Valkri12
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male
Number of posts : 851
Rep! : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Deep (Rei)   Exploring The Deep (Rei) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:53 pm

How was life spent in the forest? Well, for one, Youji was forced to be on his gaurd at all times- so much so that his natural knack for sensing skills showed its self. As a scavenger in both worlds, one needed a sharp nose or sense about them. His nose told him something was different about the forest today. A low sigh slid the lips of the light blue haired fox oni slipped through the forest, away from his location. That scent went down the tracks, and Youji needed to move. Far stronger Oni lived in the forest, as well as Youkai. A growl slipped the lips of the oni. Many of them could solidify, and it was a skill that had nearly ended his life on several occasions.

His nose took him towards the middle of the forest, where he spotted an oni in white, with a strange fur thing over his shoulder. Eyebrow rose in the air as the male cracked into a light smile. Someone he could mess with. Well, it was best to test him first. The fox demon smiled, and appeared to any looking at him like the Cheshire Cat, "So, you are new to the deep, stranger? You don't wear the garb of a monk, so what are you, then? An oni,by the look of your ears, stranger?"
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Deep (Rei)   Exploring The Deep (Rei) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:14 pm

Exploring The Deep

With my gaze upon the canopy above, I could sense one of the spirits in the forest growing closer to me, though from the strength of its spirit, it didn't seem like it would pose any kind of threat to me so I didn't feel as if I needed to take action. While gazing upon the canopy of the forest I begin to ponder what this place could hold for me and if it could be a safe haven to get away from the humans should I need to, though if I needed such a place I could always go back to Onitoshi. My train of thought was brought to a swift halt as I heard a voice as someone began speaking to me. Turning my gaze from the canopy, I look down at the one speaking to me and frown faintly as my gaze falls upon the form of a cat. Glancing away from the cat, I glance around for a moment before looking back at the animal and frown faintly, " And you would be? " I inquire as I watch the animal.

Post WC: 185
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Deep (Rei)   Exploring The Deep (Rei) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:47 pm

"Oh," pouted Youji when the being did not answer his questions, "so rude, to not answer my question and instead ask your own. Oh well, you'll likely tell me later. I'm just a spirit with a knack for tracking. Curious, though."

It was then that he stood and sat on the branch as he smirked down at the oni. Oh, it couldn't really effect the real world, but he could feel himself being a bit more solid. Meh, it had to be a trick of his senory, though. He waited a moment forany further quests from the oni below him and slid down to ground calmly and brushed himself off. The smile never left his lips, though it looked far more human, "Well, in case you were wondering, this is a place the humans call The Deep, in the forest outside their city. They've been more cautious since that large demon attack though. way more cautious. Stay here if you need to rest, stranger."

He paused a moment before he added, "Oh, I meant to tell you a name. Call me Minamoto. Can I get your name, stranger?"

Words: 419

419 / 750
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Deep (Rei)   Exploring The Deep (Rei) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 12:10 am

Exploring The Deep

Watching the demon, I smirk faintly as he comments about me being rude. You would think one such as himself would have died long ago, though he seems to be an able survivor if he has remained alive this long in this place. As the demon begins to move down to the ground I keep my gaze fixed on him, my gaze slowly shifting as he makes his way to the ground. Looking at the demon, I frown faintly at the smile his lips held, though as he began to speak I listened to him, finding the information he has of some worth considering I didn't know much of anything about this forest and what it held. As he tells me the name of the place, The Deep, I glance around for a moment. It was a strange name to have, though I didn't know how far this forest went. When the demon told me his name, I glanced back at him for a moment, not recalling that I asked for his name though. " Valkrist, and I am indeed a demon Mina..moto. " Pausing for a moment, I glance around the forest once again, " Tell me, how have you survived in this forest and why are you not in Onitoshi? "

Post WC: 213
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Deep (Rei)   Exploring The Deep (Rei) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 12:32 am

A tilt of of the head looked oh so cat like on the fox demon. Not that he really needed to act this way, it was just fun to mess with people. Being a kitsu, it really was not something he thought too much about. He then noted the name- he found it to be a strange one, this Valkrist character, but he did not think on it too much. A short pause later, the oni ask how Youji had survived. Ah, finally, a question that could be answered proudly!

Youji puffed up a bit and replied with some pride, "It's my sensing. I'm a natural at it, you see. If I need to, I move away. Of course," he continued his his eyes, normally golden, turned crimson, "If I smell or sense a weakling, I devour them. As for why I'm not in Onitoshi, well, if you think about it, it only makes sense- Onitoshi is a place of demons that are and are not civilized. I'd rather be out here to sharpen my skills than be devoured in that demon city. Besides, I was curious about this human realm when I first arrived. Now, I present you with the same question; why are you not in Onitoshi? You are defiantly not a weakling."

Words:638

638 / 750
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Deep (Rei)   Exploring The Deep (Rei) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 12:52 am

Exploring The Deep

Turning my gaze back to Minamoto, I watch as the demon puffs up, something that makes me smirk faintly. As he begins to answer my question, I listen to him, learning the reason why he has managed to survive in this forest, he possesses the ability to sense, just like me. I watch as his eyes shift colors as he continues, speaking about how he devours the weaker demons before he moves on to speak of why he isn't in onitoshi. His answer made sense, he had chose to come to this realm to become stronger and please his curiosity about the human realm. As my own question is turned back on me, I smirk a bit more as I turn my gaze from the demon and back to the forest. " Because I choose not to be at the moment. I wish to see what this forest holds, it is a place I have yet to explore. " Turning my gaze back to Minamoto, I continue " Does that answer your question? "

Post WC; 174
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Deep (Rei)   Exploring The Deep (Rei) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 8:02 pm

Oh, this guy was so boring! The guy as just here because he was curious? Cruelty, it was surely going to be a boring person. Perhaps a few tricks, later? Yes, that's what would happen. For the moment, a nod would go the stranger's way, "Yes it does, Valkrist, though that isn't very detailed. Is there," the fox oni asked as his eyes flashed crimson for a moment, "Something in this forest that you are searching for? Perhaps more than just looking around. I could help you look for it- I can track oni and kami and even those possessed nine hours since their passing."

He was rather proud about that last bit of information. He had honed that ability, but he was going to get some fighting abilities soon. Yes, it would be best to get fighting abilities. If more like this Valkrist character came into the forest, Youji might find his game of devouring turned against him. Sometimes his tracking abilities didn't save him. Sometimes it was just dumb luck, or whatever it was called by the humans. Yes, Youji thought to himself, at least physical combat in this form was needed. Besides, the fox oni knew that it was truly pointless to try and fight his way out of some battles with just a punch and a kick.

Words: 859

750/750 (Completed Spiritually Impression)
Misc Gains: 1 TEXP
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Deep (Rei)   Exploring The Deep (Rei) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 11:13 pm

Exploring The Deep

As he makes the comment about there being little detail in my answer, I smirk faintly as I glance away from the little demon and back to the forest as I begin to ponder more on the reason as to why I am in this forest. What all could this forest hold for me? I turn my gaze back to Minamoto as he begins to speak of helping me find what I am looking for and speaking of his ability to track oni as well as kami and other things. Looking at the demon once again, I think about what he said, my thoughts shifting for a moment as I begin to wonder what exactly he could offer me, aside from his capability to find things. His capabilities for combat where still unknown, though finding out such things wouldn't be to difficult to do. " I search for ones to aid me, minions, soldiers, things of that lot, as well as things that will benefit me. " Turning my gaze from Minamoto, I look back to the forest, scanning over it slowly, " Do you know of any such things in this forest? " I ask as I slowly shift my gaze, taking in the sight of the forest.

Post WC: 209
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Deep (Rei)   Exploring The Deep (Rei) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 11:58 pm

A quest was thrown Youji's way- to see if he knew of anything useful of these sorts of things. Soldiers, fodder, workers for his dirty deeds- for all oni had dirty deeds, there was to be no quarrel about that fact. Benefits, of course, there could be many. A low tone rumbled from Youji's throat, "Hmm... well, I have heard about... hold on."

Youji got a bit closer to Valkrist with his nose pointing the way. He sniffed for a dozen heartbeats before he grinned and continued, "Yes, as I thought. I smelled wolf on you, among the human scents. There are wolves in this forest- of course, they are oni. Most of them are freal, however, lost the ability to speak. They and I often play a cat and mouse game- the feral ones, anyway. The others are smarter, and leave me be. They have others to worry about."

The teal haired fox oni pulled back a bit before he sent out his senses- quested for both sides as he asked as a smile played on his face with his eyes flashing crimson once more, "Which one do you quest for, Valkrist? Those that speak, or those that will bend to your will blindly, once you become their alpha male?"

Words: 1070
Misc Gains: 1 TEXP
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Deep (Rei)   Exploring The Deep (Rei) EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 12:17 am

Exploring The Deep

As Minamoto begins to speak, I keep my gaze on the forest, but as he quickly shifts from telling me what I may want to know, I turn my gaze back to him, wondering why he didn't tell me what I wish to know. I watch Minamoto as he begins to draw closer to me before sniffing at the air. When he begins to speak again, I smirk faintly at his comment. What he has to say perks my interest, it seems this forest may indeed hold something for me, this was good, I was hoping to find something in this forest. Perhaps I could work to gain some minions from this forest. I keep my gaze on Minamoto as he draws back some and poses a question to me. I pause, thinking for a moment on the question before glancing towards the forest, " Those that will follow my will. " I finally say, answering his question.

Post WC; 158
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Deep (Rei)   Exploring The Deep (Rei) EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 12:43 am

"Heh," the word easily slid from the oni's throat as he nodded his head and picked out the trail among the hundreds in the forest, "Then I'll take you to the group that has an ill alpha male. He should be an easy push over. But I'll warn you, he does have quiet some years of experince. He's a few hundred years old..."

His tone trailed off as he noticed that he had actually become solid- you see, a misqueeto met it's death when it landed on him- an automatic response- but before, he never actually killed one. A smirk slid from his conciousness as he added, "They are unable to solidify, yet. The smart ones know how to, though. Come, this way, Valkrist. The trail moves strangely along."

He moved South, along a confusing trail. Youji never hunted them before, but other oni did. The fox oni took to the trees as he spoke down towards Valkrist, "Come, I'd rather avoid as many demons as we can at the moment. It will save your strength, just in case that ill leader was already downed. You may need to make the rest submit to your will."

Words: 1,266
Misc Gains: 2 TEXP
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Deep (Rei)   Exploring The Deep (Rei) EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 12:59 am

Exploring The Deep

After answering, I watch Minamoto as I await an answer from him and as he begins to speak with an answer I was wanting to hear from him, I smile faintly at the little demon,m glad I wouldn't have to use other means to gain the information I seek. As he informs me of the state of the alpha of this group and his age, I frown faintly, mostly at the age and experience the demon had over me. Turning my gaze from Minamoto, I turn it to the woods and begin to wonder where this group is located, though it was good that Minamoto was going to show me, I didn't feel like roaming the woods looking for these demons. " I see.. I need the ones that can manifest a physical form, something that cannot hurt the physical is of no use to me. " When I felt Minamoto begin to move, I turned my gaze back to him and watch him as he takes to the trees. Again, I glance around for a moment before giving a nod to what he has to say, " I see. " I say as I begin to raise into the air, utilizing my ability to fly I ascend into the air and up to the level at which Minamoto had taken in the trees.

Post WC; 224
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Deep (Rei)   Exploring The Deep (Rei) Empty

Back to top Go down

Exploring The Deep (Rei)
Page 1 of 1