Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

In The Light

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female
Number of posts : 974
Rep! : 26
Registration date : 2010-03-08

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: In The Light   In The Light EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:09 pm

In The Light IsayamaTop
Bright was one of the many adjectives to describe this day. In fact, it was one of those days where your gaze was warded away from the sky, maybe even in fear of having the insistent light from the sun burn at your eyes. It wasn't all that hot, persay. It was just hot enough to annoy me. Of course, heat in general tended to writhe through my skin like an irksome gnat.
I'd stopped by the Ramen Booth, today. I managed to scavenge up sufficient funds and change for the purpose. It wasn't exactly an extraordinarily long trip from the Lower Commons to the eastern district of the city. That of course was because I was now using my car. I couldn't use it much or else gas money would put a severe dent in my funds. It was parked somewhere up the street from my current position.
That wouldn't be a problem if I worked. I really did need a job.
"Onigiri." I state as it becomes my turn to order something. I didn't want ramen today. The only thing I wanted was this line to hurry up; I've had plenty of time to contemplate the damn purchase. The guy in front of me, it's his fault. Had he not have delayed the line up to this point, there wouldn't have been any problems. Frequently, I do have patience. Yet, that wait was just too excessive for my liking. At least today the pair of sunglasses I was wearing were appropriate for the weather.

265/265
In The Light IsayamaBottom
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 12:11 am

In The Light Asatb_01
In the (Spot)Light
The radiant sunlight filters its rays through the windows of the bus that I am riding in. In a casual position, my fist rests against my cheek with my elbow dormant on the arm rest and my right arm and shoulder leaning against the wall of the bus. My gaze is out of the window as I watch the familiar settings of the city pass by. My body was wrapped unnaturally in traditional clothing, something necessary for the upcoming role that I would be playing. I wore a dark gray kung fu suit, the top containing a mandarin collar with two rows of six black buttons trailing from the top to the hem of the piece connected by black twine. It was a long sleeve top with bracelet style cuffing. The pants matched the top, both pieces made of smooth cotton. Needless to say, the movie that I scored a co starring role in was a martial arts film. I wasn’t the star, but I was getting there; I knew that I had to be patient with progress.

The place that we would be shooting the film was none other than the Ramen Booth. As a landmark in the city, the director felt it would be good for the movie. The city permit had been gained and everything was handled on the legal side, for us to roll up and start setting up the scene. Naturally there would be a van from the production company driving in the front of the bus with an additional van in the back, both carrying the equipment that would be needed; the bust would be for carrying the people for the movie. Extra’s would be found on scene and paid accordingly with the proper paperwork and such that was normally handled by one of the director’s assistants. This would be my first shoot outside of a studio, since most of my work up to now was basically stunt work and motion capture.

Nearing the Ramen Booth, the bus starts to slow down and then begins parking the back of the establishment with the other vans parking to the side. The camera crews would get out of the van to start setting up the scene. A private car would park with the director and his assistant stepping out. The director’s critical gaze would be sizing up the place as he speaks dismissively to his assistant, “round up the extras.” With the bus coming to a stop and the doors opening, I would sit up and shift in the seat to stand. “Me first!” comes the ringing voice of the star, a young up and coming actor and teen idol by the name of Lee Chang. He moves past and to the door of the bus to get off. “Hey watch it,” I grin and shake my head, standing up and moving into the isle of the bus, walking towards the exit. Watching a high school kid like that take the lead role made me feel a little old in a weird way, though we seemed to get along well enough. Reaching the exit of the bus, I step out and walk away from the bus; the last time I was at the ramen shop was a while back. Looking towards it brought back memories of hanging out with Beat, Hotaka and Natsuki before we hooked up.

561 / 561
In The Light Asatb_03
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male
Number of posts : 367
Rep! : 10
Registration date : 2010-05-03

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 7:54 am

In The Light Mosbox_1
A little persistence bestowed him with an arguably comfortable position. Rat-ish hands were tucked behind his head, each coalescing to form a makeshift pillow. A foot lay hoisted over a supportive, rat-ish knee. It completed the relaxed position nicely as did a little squishy bag he had managed to cross within the veiling shades of the purse. A shame it was getting somewhat difficult to breath in the enclosed space, so he would be forced to temporarily discard the position in favour of pushing the partially open purse open. Only but a crack of an opening existed prior. The scents brimming over trickled in prior, but now disgorged in. Even still…

“This thing isn’t exactly easy to breathe in, y’ know,” Mosquito commented, though still obscured he was for the slap was still buttoned into place. “Can’t y’ undo these buttons er somethin’?”

In The Light Mosbox_3
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 6:04 pm

In The Light IsayamaTop
Stepping to the side, I get out of the way of the rest of the line as I begin to wait for my order. Of course, this didn't occur until after I'd paid up and the like. As I began to wait for the order, Mosquito's voice quirks my attention. My eyes briefly survey my purse. Looking around, it didn't particularly seem like a good idea as of now. I raise a brow, though; I am a tad bit confused.
"...you breathe?" I remark, loosening the button's grip on the metallic socket it was inserted into. There is a bit of relief in the bag, but it isn't sufficient enough to exactly reveal the innards of the exquisite, fabric sack. For good reason, too.
Seemed like there was a fair amount of traffic today. I wondered what the cause may be, or if it had any relevance to the rush our I conveniently missed. Additionally, I had to be fairly discreet with this. It'd look very odd if people began to notice that I was carrying around, in my bag, an eccentrically pigmented (eye colour, at least) and large rodent.
Who knows what people's reaction would be.
Well, good thing a lot of people weren't like me in certain aspects. Seeing as they may not be as 'observant', I've learned recently.

231/496
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 2:21 am

In The Light Asatb_01
In the (Spot)Light
The director’s assistance, something akin to an intern in appearance and demeanor, walks towards the Ramen booth’s main entrance. He was a younger male in a pair of gray partially fashionably ripped denim jeans and chain connecting to his back pocket, with double layered tee shirts, white under with black over, matching poet cap and thin framed eye glasses. A headset was worn around his neck, something that could be used to communicate to the director, and a clipboard and papers were in his right hand. On entering the Ramen Booth, he holds his hands up and speaks out in an annoyingly audible tone, “people, we are going to be shooting a movie outside and are looking for extras to be in it. If you would like to be in it, please see me. As an extra, you will get paid a flat rate of $50…”

After getting off of the bus, I am brought out of my reminiscing by a sturdy slap on the shoulder. My gaze shifts to the side as I see Lee grinning up to me starting off, “this is going to be the bomb, dog!” His words force a light smile on my face as I say, “heh, yeah. I’m glad I don’t have many lines.” Lee lowers his hands and steps back with his front still facing me as he comments, “no one cares about lines in action movies. The only lines are one liners.” He moves as if mock punching and kicking into the air as he says, “all that matters is that I look bad ass and be all like… waaaaah on a guy and end it with something deep like… ‘Floors don’t fight back!’” Laughing lightly I comment, “That’s so corny it should be in your script.” We continue to laugh and joke moving into Lee’s current parkor training. As we cut the breeze until go time, the camera crews and stage hands prepare to set up the outside of the shop. The scene would be taking place outside and not inside the actual place. The director would be off ‘visualizing’ as he liked to call it, standing around and looking important.

361 / 922
In The Light Asatb_03
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 7:53 am

In The Light Mosbox_1
“Course I breathe,” he retorted. “Like I said, we spirits take physical form here.” If that inquiry was in fact a joke, then he definitely had missed it. Perhaps he was too busy listening for the soundings of a snap, which soon came. The air freshened and all there was to do was settle back within the position he had risen from. Though, another’s voice would catch his attention. Its blend of abruptness and volume made it difficult not to heed the figure’s words. From him, the proposition did not stir any interest. “A movie?” Mosquito echoed within a mutter. His gaze rose, though would fail to breach the bag’s curtaining material.

“You here that?” he asked. “Looks like we’re gonna have t’ get outta here er somethin’.”

In The Light Mosbox_3
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 1:11 pm

In The Light IsayamaTop
A movie? Oh great. That probably meant that we were all going to have to move; I wondered how many people would be angry about that. I put a cigarette into my mouth, flicking my lighter to light it. Taking about half of a drag, upon hearing something mentioning 'extras get paid $50', I actually accidentally drop the cigarette from my mouth while inhaling from it. This causes me to double over in pain, coughing violently before raising back up. Wincing, I squint over at the origins of this announcing voice.
"Move? Let me explain; extras are getting paid fifty bucks. I could do a lot of things with fifty bucks. For doing what? I assume standing around a looking pretty." My voice stays in a whisper, even though it were hoarse anyway from the coughing.
Flicking my hair vainly, I survey the area a bit. I knew I probably should go talk to that guy before other people race over with the notion it'd be their lucky day. Bending down, I pick up that cigarette and toss it into a local garbage. Wouldn't want to start any fires.
Making sure my sunglasses were secure on my face, I begin to move. Oh wait, people wouldn't have to move if they didn't want to! It was taking place outside, I recalled. Well, that onigiri end up there for a little while before whatever's done if I do manage this.
Marching my way over, I attempt to localize the guy who'd come in and announced all of this. "Hmm. Where can I sign up for this 'extra' role?"

273/769
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:43 am

In The Light Asatb_01
In the (Spot)Light
The director’s assistance would be flocked by various people in the establishment who wanted to be in the film to either be able to point themselves out to friends when it came out or to get the $50 payment that was associated with it; it wasn’t bad for less than an hour’s worth of acting naturally. Seemingly used to dealing with a crowd or at least speaking among people, he would attempt to instill some type of order advising the people not to crowd around and that they had plenty of spaces available. He explains to everyone whom he handed a disclaimer agreement to, to fill it out with their names and contact information, to sign the bottom, return the papers to him, and then to exit the building and stand around outside for the next set of instructions. As papers were given, people would take them one by one and turn to move to a table, looking to one another for pens or writing utensils, to fill it out for the assistant. By the time Mei would have reached him, the stack of papers in his hands would be almost all gone, but he would hand her one and say, “Here you go, cutie. Just sign this out and bring it back to me.” His attention would quickly be diverted to the next person and then the person after that who would take the last agreement. With that, he would give the orders for anyone who had a paper to meet him outside and would make his best attempts to get out of the door while talking with the eager extras.

“Lee! Make up!” comes the call from the stylist as she waves at us from the van where much of her equipment would be set up. Lee gives a “yay” and waves me a bye before making it that way. I didn’t really like having make up put on as a male, but luckily since I wasn’t the focus or the pretty boy type, I only had to have my hair styled a certain way. Since Lee was the one that the girls were supposed to swoon over, he normally had light foundation applied as well as his brows arched, etc to give him a pretty or cleaned up look. The excuse as always was that it was needed for the camera, but I felt like he liked it a little. Since my hair had already been styled before the bus drive, I was immune to this, so I would merely begin stretching a bit to prepare for my scene, running it through my head. It was generic enough. Lee and I would be walking out of the Ramen Booth where Lee would spot a girl being harassed by thugs to which he would go and save her and I would end up getting pulled into the fight; pretty basic.

482 / 1404
In The Light Asatb_03
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 1:03 pm

In The Light Mosbox_1
“…Er stay,” /Mosquito muttered in response. The promised dollar proved far-too alluring of a reward to dismiss. Of course, this meant nothing for himself. So, from that point, he simply remained silent and allowed himself to be carried to a destination he could not see. The sways and dips came to cease before Mei’s voice was heard once again. It found itself whelmed within a ravaging sea of inquiries all ostensibly spoken at the same time. The commotion brought a grimace to his bestial visage. An elongated breath silently escaped him. It acted as an introduction to the revival of his past position within the purse. The creature sank into his previous pose of relaxation, mulled about nothing in particular.
In The Light Mosbox_3
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 8:36 pm

In The Light IsayamaTop
It didn't seem like there was going to be any hope for her at this rate. The crowd was gradually diminishing as papers were distributed. However, the papers were going fast; it was like they were being eaten up by a giant dinosaur the pacing was so quick. It seemed that people sincerely wanted the hefty pocket change or a chance to be in some sort of flick or variant. At last, she'd been before the distributor. He gives her an endearing nickname which definitely was unexpected judging by the expression plastered all over her face. Though, she is wordlessly receptive to taking the paper given to her. Unlike many of the other extras battling to get out of the door, she was fairly calm. More calm to clarify the meaning of 'calm'. It wasn't calm enough to prevent her from accidentally pushing her purse into the rushing individuals next to her. Albeit there would be some harsh movements on the inside of her bag because of this, it didn't seem like it was intentional. Her stuff may pile on top of the hidden rodent specimen, but she trusts that there wouldn't be any physical trauma.

At least the crowd had been told to be more methodical with their order. A prerequisite would be localizing a table. She did so, trying to weave her way through a more sparsely spaced location in the horde of people. Grabbing a spot on the table that wasn't already occupied, she would position a pen from her purse, pulling it off of its recent position, Mosquito's back, she began to fill out the forms. Her cursive elegant and neat, she hurriedly made her way outside. "Isn't this great? I'll even be on TV or something." She elaborates to her little friend as she eludes being pushed around by burly extras or ravenous individuals. Now it was just a matter of getting the paper back to the guy. Meaning, she'd have to wait until the people ahead of her at the moment handed theirs in. She grimaces, thinking that this may take a while.

361/1130
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 10:02 pm

In The Light Asatb_01
In the (Spot)Light
“Whew!” comes the sigh of a lady older than Mei but not old enough to be classified as old, or middle age by any stretch of the word. She had also fought gallantly against the masses in order to receive the holy scroll on which to append her signature. Cliché enough with a slender frame, long blond hair in a skirt and blouse, it could be told from her build and make it that she had achieved her goal with the help of some miracle as she seemed the type that was timid, frail and probably definitely and deathly afraid or rodents. As fate would have it, she would occupy the seat next to Mei while exhaling and look over to ask, “hi… can I borrow your pen when you’re done with it?” At this point in time, she did not see the rat pending its movements. Otherwise only slightly worth mentioning was a van parked on the opposite side of the restaurant with the black silhouette of an upside down mouse with ‘sparks’ poised over its body belonging to two random blue collar males within the restaurant.

Nothing of interest would be going on with me as I would be continuing along the same lines as previously mentioned with my body arching back and forth from one side to another, standing straight up as I wonder about what type of expression I should hold on my face for one of the ‘power moves’ that I would be performing. I could do the contorted Bruce Lee face and slowly shake my head back and forth or I could dawn a visage reminiscent of a stroke victim in a mixture of during and after trauma. In my thoughts was the fact that I wanted it to be something that could go on a poster in a kids room somewhere; something to pay homage as said child would leap from his bed with mock jump kicks, mimicking, or attempting to, the grand scale of my overall awesomeness.

In the background, the assist of the director would have noticed a glare from said Director which coaxes him to clap his hands and speak in an annoyingly loud tone meant to get attention, hailing, “okay people, ready fast and sign. Let’s start getting you into place by the time the set’s done. Stage hands… some help please!” Upon his command, goons from the production company approach to assist him.

405 / 1809
In The Light Asatb_03
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:29 am

In The Light MeisBoxTop
A request such as that didn't seem too unexpected for Mei. Afterall, the hordes of people certainly were battling ravenously to sign. Her attention cranes towards the source of the video, nigh muffled by all of the other voices she could hear. As she visually probed the individual briefly she could interpret that it was in fact her who was posed with this question. A light nod would be warranted in response to the individual. It wasn't decipherable whether or not it was Lady Luck or Lady Convenience that had caused Mei to coincidentally perform a gesture that pushed her purse even tighter together, deterring things inside of it from being perceived. "Sure." Her attention is turned back towards what she was signing. A few more dexterous motions with her hand and her elegant hand writing completed what she'd commenced filling out. Since she was trying to hurry she'd done a bit of a crude job but did manage to pass the quality of chicken scratch. She'd hastily hand her new acquaintance the pen quickly enough to make it plausible that she'd fill it out before the crowd would thicken even more, like a corn syrup experiment. "Here," Mei would address, handing the utensil towards the blond adjacent to her, who had asked for it prior.

Mei would temporarily pull her attention towards the person who addressed them all. Taking the paper she'd signed, she stood up from her position to let the next person take the seat, but adhered by the unnamed blond's side. For a moment she is wordless, appearing to just be waiting to receive the pen. "Do you know where we pass these in?" Mei would enquire, breaking the record when it came to her monosyllabic statements.

299/1429
In The Light MeisBoxBottom
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 3:37 pm

In The Light Asatb_01
In the (Spot)Light
The blonde would receive the writing utensil after Mei’s usage and swiftly take down her own signature before handing it back and concluding the usage with a chirping, “thank you!” and tilt of the head. When the question was asked where to turn the papers back in a blank stare would accompany a head shake before she points gingerly towards the director’s assistance and the goons to his side as she comments, “I think we just turn it back into him.” Standing, she proceeds in his direction to do just that and add clarity to the situation. The stage hands stand to the side of the director’s assistant and the trio work on gathering the paper work together.

By this time, the set was coming to life. The stage hands that were allowed to do their jobs would be working with the ‘grunts’ of the scene. Dressed as a normal group of street thugs, they would be in a small group around yet another assistant who walks them through the final notions of how things would work and what to focus on. One of the idol’s of the city, a young lady by the name of Nanechan Megume, would be the heroine in peril. Fake advertisements and graffiti would be placed on the side of the Ramen Booth to give it a grittier look to it to match the feel of the scene. Suddenly there would come an “oh no!” spoken loudly by the name in power as he realizes something. The female character who was supposed to be leading the gang of thugs into harassing the prettier and more innocent female was out with a cold. This was the only scene that she was really going to be in. The director looks around as if all hope was lost before his eyes come to rest on Mei from a distance. “You!” he calls out pointing towards her. Clapping his hands, he summons a production minion whom he orders to retrieve Mei for the purposes of upgrading her role as an extra.

342 / 2151
In The Light Asatb_03
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 12:35 am

In The Light MeisBoxTop
When clarification was given Mei would give a nod of thanks in the girl’s direction. She observed as the girl’s actions would lead as a directory as to where Mei was supposed to go. As for herself, it seemed that she would have to wait some time before handing them in because of the crowd. “Man. It would be miraculous if I could get in on this quicker; it looks like things are starting to pick up.” She says to herself lightly as she shrugs her purse’s strap more comfortably onto her shoulder. Then, as she looks towards what appeared to be the voice of law in this film’s production, she notices her being pinpointed. The girl seems unsure of who he meant at first. He definitely seemed to be pointing at her. Her brow would elevate in surprise as she pointed to herself, saying, “Me?” curiously as her eyes gleamed with momentary confusion. It appeared to be unbeknownst to her whether or not this was good or bad but initially she seems to accept this as a very good thing.

Then she was retrieved by a production goon. As this happens her pace seems helpingly hasty. She still had the paper she filled out in her hand, thankfully. “Is something wrong?” Would be her query as she is brought along obliviously.

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:52 pm

In The Light Asatb_01
In the (Spot)Light
With the target sighted, the production minion nods and makes his way over towards Mei. He would arrives at her side, crouched in a ninja like manner with his head down speaking, “this way, Ojou-sama.” With that he stands up like a normal person and leads the way over to the director who had originally hailed her presence. With an inquisitive and studying eye, the director’s gaze would be on her during the entire promenade towards her. On her arrival he would glance down at the papers in her hands, seeing the signature, then look back up to her face as he comments, “this makes things that much easier!” He approaches her and looks over her face, then crouches, looking over her body, then stands behind her making a box with the index finger and thumb of both hands before turning his back to her and folding his arms, gazing thoughtfully into the distance to the diagonal and upwards right. Speaking, he comes to the conclusion, “the contrast is brilliant; you will do.” Turning back towards her, he would point and declare, “you have upgraded from extra to girl number 3! Bask in the glory that fate has brought you today… wardrobe!” As soon as the words were said, there would be a male and a woman on either side of Mei, having seemingly either arrived just then or having been there until now. “Hai, taicho!” they speak on their manifestation. The director looks to them and orders them, “craft the role of girl 3 on this young lady!” With a nod, they turn to Mei and ask, “are you prepared?”

271 / 2422
In The Light Asatb_03
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 1:47 am

In The Light MeisBoxTop
Initially, explanation was slightly limited. A positive atmosphere about it is attempted to be maintained; in no way could she be unnerved. Oh, how grave the outcome could be given the scenario was a negative one. Though it wouldn't be long before she'd be acquainted with the situation in truth.

To have been visually probed by what looked to be the head of power of this situation was unorthodox and unexpected to say the least. Such is apparent on her face as, to say the least, she looks flabbergasted to some degree. Several blinks would ensue on what looked to be her blank expression.

An upgrade? Well, that statement certainly aroused surprisal upon her once stunned visage. It was sure a convenient and good thing that she'd been wearing contacts even underneath the pair of sunglasses she'd been wearing; that meant that her eyes would be decipherable as humane and normal. Contrary to popular belief in some cases, she did think.

"Wow..." Was the only utterance she'd been able to make as she was surrounded by the individuals he'd summoned. Inner thoughts, of course, read that she would definitely bask in this perhaps temporary glory. Even though surprised, she'd best stop acting with the audacity of typicality and begin acting much more suitable for being prepared for this role; onwards, prissiness galore.

Vainly, she'd brush her hand through her white strands of hair. "I was born ready." She'd confidently confirm. A grin would become apparent on her face. "I shall comply to the best of my efforts."

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 2:04 pm

In The Light Asatb_01
In the (Spot)Light
The director seems delighted with her response. He turns away from her with a sense of self satisfaction knowing that she would do fine. With that, the greatness of his mind had to be applied elsewhere as he inspects the status of the current production and hails, “five minutes!” Having gained the okay to move ahead from Mei, the two assistants, both bearing the Kanji symbols on their backs, one of ‘wardrobe’ and the other of ‘make-up,’ accept Mei’s readiness and then proceed in her transformation. Haste is made. With much skill, the makeup and hair artist wields a comb and brush from his utility belt which contained various compacts, bottles of spray and essentials to do his job quickly. With the foundation brush, his strokes moved with the grace of the greatest swordsman or calligraphy writer. The glasses would have to be removed and held with a collection of her personal items as she needed to be more a manikin now than a person with stuff. As his hands move swiftly between her face, hair and his equipment, the wardrobe engineer would have sped off and returned with a bamboo privacy curtain. Setting it in place in a four point rectangle around the girl, the clothes that she needed to be in would switch out with the clothes that she was wearing with enough proficiency as to not interrupt the makeup artist in the process. While they perform this, a male deemed assistant number 9 would be standing outside of the privacy curtain briefing Mei on her lines. He would recite, “You are a powerful gang leader with a Napoleon complex and a hardened beauty and grace that causes your subordinates to both love and respect you! Girl number 2 annoys you. On a whim, you taunt her and then allow your gang to have fun with her. You will be interrupted by the two male protagonists who try and help her. Order your men to teach them manners and a fight will break out. The male leads will take out the gang and then leave the area, and that’s all. Pretty simple. Feel free to ad lib your lines.” With the completion of his sentence, the folding privacy curtain makes three clicks and it is retracted with the makeup artist standing to one side and the wardrobe girl on the other. Mei would be dressed in a black leather jacket with metallic buckles, matching biker’s cap, and pants/chaps in black boots. Assistant 9 would be pointing towards the assorted gang members near the outer wall of the Ramen Booth informing, “Your mark is there. We have two minutes before the first take!”

By this time, the other extras would be in place so that the scene would look like a normal everyday shot. The ones moving along the side walk would be told to act wary of the gang and to stay out of their way. Others were dressed up to populate the street and told to ‘act normal.’

With it almost time to go, I would be standing next to Lee at the top of the street talking over things and the types of moves that we were supposed to use. He would be showing off his practice kicks and I would be observing, giving small tips like the positioning of his toes with the kick and its angle. This is done to pass the time until the stage hand informs us that there was a minute left until there was to be silence on the set.

590 / 3012
In The Light Asatb_03
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 2:51 pm

In The Light MeisBoxTop
Mei had braced herself with stalwart readiness but had succumbed a bit to the exceptional haste that had been made. But five minutes before the scene, she hadn't exactly found it unexpected to have been within a tornado of preparation. Though she seems to enjoy it; to have been prepared for the scene by the respective makeup artist had not been something the girl had experienced before and it went to show. Simultaneously she knew that this wasn't something to sit back and relax in, perhaps. It would be a relatively better idea to establish a relentless...ability to remain focused. This became instinctual once her role had been elaborated to her. An affirmative nod is presented in response, but she makes a sound to indicate that she understood. Her expression seems a bit weary on not having set lines but it diminishes as she comforts herself with the fact that her general nature had been relatively the same as her role. The pressure was a tad bit unnerving for someone as new to this as her, but she had to resist this feeling. She was miraculously awarded with enough time to swap into the clothing assigned.

Haste is a must. Now having sought refuge into the privacy enabling mechanism she'd switch her clothing. She presumed that her original attire would join in with the amalgamation of her other belongings. Once this is achieved she gives herself a steady look. Her eyes are broad to some degree as she seems at least moderately surprised. "Wow, I look even more cool than I usually do." She repeats audibly to herself in light vain. The two minutes warranted probably had been about to cease once she'd finished. In her head she had thought of some lines she could preach during the scene. Briefly she would inhale a breath. "Mmkay I'm ready, I think." The lass confirms as she emerges from confining.

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 5:21 pm

In The Light Asatb_01
In the (Spot)Light
With surreal expectations made on the young lady, the production would continue to move smoothly as if this were part of the script. With her arrival to her point, those in the ‘gang’ about her would greet her with a mixture of welcoming smiles and odd looks, something derived by a last minute change. Luckily it didn’t change their roles any. Among the half dozen males there were two or three hellos tossed to the little lady on her arrival. Encroaching in their general direction, the main camera and accompanying sub cameras would start to get into position. Lighting would make its way into its position with the various sound fixtures and riggings set in place with the focus on Mei and her gang of hoodlums. “Quiet on the set!” is called by the directors omnipresent voice as he approaches within a directing proximity of the scene and sits back, catch in an unfolding chair by assistant number 3. Crossing one leg over the other wielding a voice amplifying device, the director decrees, “cue the gang!” With this command, the gang would diverge from ordinary actors in street attire to hardened criminals with unsavory looks about them as they loitered menacingly upon the sidewalks with their ‘queen’ in the middle. “Cue Nanechan Megume!” comes the second bolt of thunder as the main female lead would transition from idol and actress to ‘ordinary everyday’ girl in a conservative white winter’s dress and fur boots and a small purse and grocery bag. She would start off at a distance of about ten yards from the group. The directors orders cameras to be rolled and calls for action. With the order, Megume would innocently enough transverse the side walk, cutely humming to herself, lost in her thoughts, self, and virtue, seemingly not noticing the unpleasant gang until too late when she would already be near them. The director would lean forwards and wait for Mei to initiate control over the gang and her scene.

331 / 3343
In The Light Asatb_03
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:36 pm

In The Light Mei2FixTop
In general her replies to odd glances and erratic hellos were simple nods of acknowledgment. She herself seemed to be enervated slightly by how new this was to her but didn't seem to externally be effected that much. The director started to call things out and that promptly thieved her attention; she hadn't seen too much film production before except for in extras for movies rented on DVD. Her physical composure had to be good. Not to mention, there she had been, within the midst of her ominous minions, ready to say things that she hoped would prove viable. There she was, the girl, and now things seemed to be up to Mei. There were plenty of factors to consider, but she was mainly thinking about the pacing. It would be problematic if she went too slow; but too much haste would bring about identical problems. Menacing gang - the thought would course through her thoughts. Her eyes attain a condescending look, which conveniently was natural for her. Her arms are crossed and in her attire certainly she'd attained the intended atmosphere. As this Nanechan Megume would pass she would do her best to appear to be observing her lightly. The frame of her eyes elongates and she appears to be bitterly contemplating. "Hmph," She would begin, her expression contorting into a grimace. "That girl, so casually walking around on my sidewalk." Her eyes maintain heed upon the girl, as though the character she was playing the role of was more interested in being bitter over that girl than presenting her gang with any particular attention. "Just look at her..." As though she were irritated by the girl visually as well she would add. "Why don't you go 'play' with her, boys?"

In The Light Mei2Bottom
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 12:43 pm

In The Light Asatb_01
In the (Spot)Light
The improv seems to meet with the approval of the watching director as he motions the camera and crew to keep rolling and continue with the scene. Following the stroll of the young lady, the camera would span down with her with the supplementary cameras on the gang and their reaction to the young lady. Attentive to their queen’s request, the gang would shift their full attention to surrounding the girl who would squeak and pause in her movements. While circling the young lady, there comes a “oh shit!” and one of the gang members trips over the curb of the side walk in a very ‘unthreatening’ manner. “Cut!” comes the scathing screech of annoyance as Zeus’s voice condemns, “hoodlum 3, try not to trip over yourself! Hoodlum 1, try to look more menacing and less like you have gas! Gang queen, love the lines, keep doing good. Give me more mean and spite. Nanechan… you’re under distress by thugs who might want to do this and that with you; be more scared. Gang queen is a girl too, look to her for help and show despair when you receive none!” By this time the person who fell over had picked himself back up and was attempting to recover his pride, lifting a hand and apologizing several times. The director waves dismissively and commands, “Let’s roll back to the gang queen’s lines. I’d like another angle on it, I like the energy. Roll from there.” With that, the director sits back once more and calls out the various commands to get quiet on the set while the actors reset themselves before the director allowed, “roll!” With that, the young protagonist walks towards the gang right before Mei’s judgment.

288 / 3631
In The Light Asatb_03
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:26 pm

In The Light Mei2FixTop
Mei's gaze would befall the one who had fallen. Her eyes seem broad as though the immensity of her surprisal could be measured. Several blinks would ensue; yet, she would give a bit of an unfounded sigh. She wearily hoped that she would have done good. She seems to listen completely seriously in this scenario contrary to its nature. Her arms remained crossed as her ears are lent to the speaker at the time. Her eyes gleam victoriously momentarily as her lines are recognized as good. She had to get herself back into the general atmosphere of the scene when they'd been told to roll back presumably to the part where her lines had commenced. Then the word roll had become apparent. More mean and spite, she could demonstrate her ability to do so. It was apparent that her lines were good so she'd contemplate insisting with them. Her expression at first would be condescending. She's honed her ability to do so in many scenarios in the past. "Do you not see that girl over there walking on my sidewalk?" Her lips curl downward into a frown to express her grimace. Notable revisions had been done to her lines for the assumed purpose of virulent, verbal additions. "It's a fool, just look." Qualities of the winter wind would be attained with that statement. "Go play around with her until she breaks like a toy." At last would come her whimsical influence to her character's gang respectively.

In The Light Mei2Bottom
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 9:10 pm

In The Light Asatb_01
In the (Spot)Light
Various phrases including the necessary ‘hell ya’s and ‘right boss’s follow the statements of the queen bee as the worker bees shift to do her bidding. Pointless violence and discrimination was the flavor of this scene as the staring lady finds herself betwixt several unsavory types savoring the innocent portrait of her presence. Holding her bag to her chest, clinging in an unsure and worried fear, she looks between the hoodlum males surrounding her with pointless questions such as, “what do you want” and idle threats including, “leave me alone or else.” The catch phrase, “or else what” comes hailing the answer from the dashing leading male and his teal haired side kick, “or else we’ll have to make you leave her alone!” The camera, as well as the goon’s attention, spans over to Lee and myself who holds cockily heroic stances stage right having seemingly recently walked in on the scene.

“Good! Cut!” comes the call from the director after the scene seemed to go by without any hitches. “Cameras in position, ready for the fighting scene!” People would be moving quickly to set in place. An assistant would hurriedly approach Mei and praise, “that was very good!” while rhetorically asking, “are you okay? You good? Comfortable!” Immediately, they would vague move into, “okay, now basically caste a ‘get im!’ and the fighting scene will start.” The director’s voice beckons, “places!” resulting in the disappearance of non actors in the immediate stage area. By this time, the hoodlums would have their attention towards the two co starring males with the young lady defensively wary of the thugs with her back to the wall. The two males would have a clear line of about 8 or so feet to the thugs with the queen position behind her crew. With the scene set up, the command to roll camera would eject followed by, “action!”

313 / 3944
In The Light Asatb_03
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:16 am

In The Light Mei2FixTop
The cut would warrant an exhalation from Mei. Even though her nature matched well with the character maintaining and demonstrating that inferior complex with consistency was taxing even for her. The frame of her eyes seems to diversify slightly as she hears word of the upcoming fight scene; it hadn't gone unexpected but it perhaps it was unnerving being her first time doing this. The queries from additional parties that had approached her are treated with a curious glance. Her head would bob in a nod. “Yes--” She more or less cuts herself off as the individual resumed speech hurriedly. Before the action would be spoken Mei would re-cross her arms to signify her readiness. Further preparation is taken as she alters her expression to be both menacing and condescending as instructed of her. The 'Action!' would more or less be her cue to do stuff.

It is apparent that as the character she was playing the role as she appeared to be irked and exceptionally venomous when seeing the entrance of the heroes of the scene. Though she would let it settle gradually as though she as Queen was confident that her militia of goons would be capable of taking on the challenge before them. “You're stupid enough to meddle with my fun?” She would initially begin. Her eyes would narrow into a glare. Mei would cast a glance towards her gang before adding the instruction, “Well, don't just stand there, take care of that trash!”

In The Light Mei2Bottom
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 8:50 pm

In The Light Asatb_01
In the (Spot)Light
When the call for action comes back, the thugs make themselves ready and when the hail comes from the queen to take out the two male passers, they ignore the girl for now giving their full attention to Lee and myself. Looking to the girl who was originally in trouble, I advise, “you’d better get out of here.” As the heartthrob, Lee gives a flashing smile and assures, “we’ll take out the trash for you.” Not to be outdone in front of their mistress head honcho, the males charge into action as the cute starring lady hastily makes her way away to the rear of her two saviors. Looking to me Lee grins, “you ready,” and I nod, “Right!” With that the first males make their approach with haymaker punches. Lee and myself take our stances back to back and when the punches come in, we both parry the attacks by throwing the males in a hip toss behind us. Moving away from one another, we spread out as the real fight starts to begin. On my side, I would duck beneath a punch and step forwards, placing my stomach in the male gut while turning and countering another attack with a strong elbow to the side of the males face, stepping into his advance. The male falls back as I turn around bringing around a back fist into the face of another approacher while pivoting and bringing the other leg around in a kick. In matching fashion, Lee would skillfully dispatch of those on his side with a front snap kick into a throw, sending one male into another. After a quick step, he would finish with a flying jump kick into the males chest before landing and setting his stance once more. In a short about of time, the thugs are on the ground and sprawling, but the second squad is composing while pulling out weapons, such as knife and brass knuckles. With a look of determination, I set my stance before I feel a pat on my back and turn to see Lee smiling and tossing me a thumbs up as he says, “I’ll make sure we get away! You finish up here!” My jaw drops as they make their escape and I’m left there with the males. I look back towards the guys and raise a shrug as I ask, “I don’t guess you’ll let me go to?” Round two begins with a knife slash coming in. I leap back, arching myself so that it misses. Being weary of the weapons, I look between the males surrounding on all sides. I dodge to the side of a slash and push away that person while reacting to a brass knuckle punch. I block the punch and push it away, punching out towards the guy only to have my arm grabbed. A hasty male rushes in, as he received a kick in the face before the male who grabbed the arm is tossed into a group of the other. Outnumbered, I skip back a few times before I take off running at top speed. With that, the goons wait to see if they’re given the go ahead to follow and the director yells “cut! That’s good; we can go with that take. Prep for the parkor scene!” With that, it is vaguely explained to Mei via stage hand once more that all she has to do is simply order the men to follow and her responsibilities would be over for the scene. A stage hand comes up asking if she needed any particular refreshments after the final scene was over. After attending to her, things would be ready for the cameras to smoothly transition to the urban area that had been set up for the getaway scene. A familiar ‘roll cameras’ would precede “action!”

Having caught my breath a bit after the fighting scene, I am poised to run just as the guys are holding the thrown gentleman. When action is called, I take off. The goons look dumbly to their queen for direction.

676 / 4620
In The Light Asatb_03
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:04 am

In The Light Mei2FixTop
For the majority of the fight scene Mei tried to look as respective to the scene as possible. Confidence would be apparent on her face at first. As the fight continued to wage on and the morale of her goons had seen a general decline her face would contort into a suitable grimace. When the number advantage seems to be apparent she would acquire a reassured expression as to conclude that she still had a handle on things. Out of the character she'd been playing, how interesting it had been to live out the actions ad lib as instructed. She would act accordingly until the end where the cut had been announced.

A solid nod would be her general response to the elaboration of her next role. Of course she appeared to be comfortable and fine; the role she was playing likely wasn't as arduous as the display she'd just witnessed. Though she'd been offered with the gift of refreshments she would refuse the offer, pledging that she was fine. “Not necessity. I'm fine.” She would conclude in response, assuring that it was apparent drink was not what her tongue desired. Albeit time for preparation had been warranted to her it seemed to be the most elusive and fleet of moments. She bore no feelings of reluctance on her face nevertheless. Her in character role would resume once the word 'action!' had been preached.

When her goon's attention had been turned to her they would be met by the scowl blatant on her face. “Don't you dare let them get away...” Would come her murderous voice, obviously in displeasure of their seemingly fruitful escape. “After them!” Would come her command as though she were on a sequential reign of tyranny. She would shut her eyes dismissively as her stormy frown never seemed to cease.

In The Light Mei2Bottom
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:28 pm

In The Light Asatb_01
In the (Spot)Light
Immediately the goons would run off in the direction given as doctrine by their leader and take off after me as the chase scene ensues. My run would be towards the end of the block, pushing items such as news paper stacks from stands and egg crates into the path of my relentless pursuers. About half way to the end of the block I would make my first divergence into a narrow alleyway with a fence in the center. A trash can would be situated in front of the fence, which I would run to, leap onto, and then off to bound towards the wall. Pressing off of the wall, I would jump diagonally over the fence, land crouched, turn around to gauge the distance of the pursuers who were climbing at the chain linked fence, and then get back to running. A cut would be called there to begin the actual process of scenes that would be a series of short scenes, cuts, resetting, and continuances as various camera angles were needed for the scene and etcetera. Up to this point, Mei’s scenes would be over and the assistant would thank her for helping. Her signature on the release was already gained, but the assistant explains, “we’re going to need to take some contact information from you just in case we need to get in touch with you in the future. Also, when you get a chance, the director would like to speak to you personally.” He would offer pen and paper to write her contact info if she didn’t have anything readily available. The costume designer as well as the makeup and hair artist would be on standby with her personal items and clothing that they stripped her of and would wait for her to be ready to get her back to ‘normal.’

305 / 4925
In The Light Asatb_03
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:40 pm

In The Light Mei2FixTop
While her scenes had come to a conclusion she had just been standing around nonchalantly waiting for further instruction. Albeit of course she'd stayed out of the proximity of the scenes to follow since her presence hadn't been necessity in the chase scene. Her heed arrives upon those whom had approached her, signifying likely either further instruction or lack there of. Mei would guide her attention towards the pen and paper offered to her. So it seemed that contact information would be a prerequisite. The opportunity to be contacted in the future would lighten her a bit. What would be warranted from her is an affirmative nod. Receptive she would write down respectively her valid contact information upon the porcelain hide of the sheet of paper. Mei would then hand it back to the person who had given her it. “The Director? I am surprised.” Mei states in response, her eyes holstering a bit of awe. “If he requires my presence, then I'm sure he must be intending on speaking words of purpose.” She comments as she then would make her way adjacent to where her belongings and the like had been being held. It seemed apparent that she was ready to shift back to her original attire.

In The Light Mei2Bottom
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:30 pm

In The Light Asatb_01
In the (Spot)Light
“I’ll let him know,” the assistant speaks before moving on, “he will be waiting.” With that, his body shifts to offer his back as his legs further carry his frame from her presence. The two human artists to her sides acknowledge that she seemed ready to return to normal, so the plan to return her to factory settings is initiated. A rolled barrier is pulled from behind the wardrobe personnel’s back and sent around the trio in a vertical blockade for the purpose of privacy. The makeup and hair artiste would stand by with the personal items as the shinobi of wardrobe would assist in retrieving clothing property of the production company and replace it with the clothing that Mei had originally come in with. When that portion is over, the wall is skillfully wielded by its edge and retracted back into a roll. The hair and makeup artist would offer Mei her items with a “here you go honey, nice working with you.” With that, she would be free to go.

Sitting in a production chair with a black backing and the kanji symbol for “Director!” on the back, the man donning that title would be rigidly reclined with his hand folded beneath his chin and one leg over the other gazing into a monitor that showed the various camera angles of the continuing parkor scene without him actually having to move to follow the action. A French styled wool cap would be on his head along with a pair of shades descended about halfway the length of his nose. He would wait for Mei in that manner while directing at the same time. As far as my role went, I would be actively like Forrest Gump in the manner that ‘I was a-running’ as the current scene demanded.

300 / 5225
In The Light Asatb_03
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:42 am

In The Light Mei2FixTop
In the conclusion of her transformation back to her original state of clothing she would take back her belongings with a light nod. “It was an honour.” The white haired female would confirm albeit maintaining her usual expression oddly. Her words nevertheless bled with sincerity. She'd been free to go but the Director wanted words with her. Initially her time would be invested in attempting to locate the placement of the Director. Hurriedly she would move along, shifting her attention around and walking around nonchalantly before eventually seizing the Director's placement within her line of vision. Shrugging the strap of her purse up more on her shoulder and netting some of her porcelain filaments of hair behind her ear she would begin onwards towards him. The atmosphere of awesome around him makes the atmosphere hard to walk through, like a brick wall, but she manages. Successfully not having been deterred by this unnerving feeling she sustains calm composure. “You wish to have words with me, Director?” Mei would ask. Unless someone else had been sitting in his chair it was pretty obvious that it was him, her eyes having caught glimpse of the kanji on the back of it.

In The Light Mei2Bottom
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 8:45 pm

In The Light Asatb_01
In the (Spot)Light
In this take, I would be running through a thin alleyway with the grunts following behind. The alleyway would lead into a fire escape which would be reachable with a leaping jump off of the adjacent wall and a lucky grab. With a slight grunt, my upper body is pulled up the hanging ladder and I bring myself onto the platform where I proceed to run up the diagonal metallic staircase in an ascending manner. I would come out onto the rooftop of a four story building where the scene would have to be cut in order to move to the next point. From there, I would have a chance to catch my breath, lifting my hands over my head as I walk around in a short circle to regain my composure.

On the ground and far away, the Director would hear the words of the young lady to his read and shift my voice to focus on her while keeping his visual attention on the screen in front of him making sure to keep a lackey close by so that he could relay orders through him. “Yes,” he confirms, “I did wish to speak with you.” There is an awkward pause there as he holds up a remote and rewinds some of the footage and plays it back before turning to the assistant and commenting, “Make Seiki-kun redo that scene. I don’t like it.” The assistant assure that it will be done and places his finger to his ear, speaking into a headset as he relays the order. Returning his attention to Mei, he comments, “I like you. Do you have an agent yet? Have you worked with any other production companies?”

283 / 5508
In The Light Asatb_03
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 3:05 pm

In The Light Mei2FixTop
Mei nods in response. Yet, there would be a pause. She would blink several times in moderate confusion until she realized that he was observing something. Her eyes would briefly look towards it. She was able to find out from listening to the man's orders that person's name was Seiki. Her posture would be kept straight like an erect pencil because she knew when speaking to figures of significance, people who could warrant magnificent things, it was best to be on best behaviour. There would be internal hope on her mind that being in the presence of a significant individual would mean that she was in a significant situation. Had she worked with any other companies? When she remembers back her mind was blank; she couldn't recall such an experience. This is unnerving because not having experience could be bad. “Um, actually, I have not. This would be the first time I've ever done something like this. Back in school some of my talents had laid within plays, though.” She figures she would answer coherently and hope that liking her was a potent sign that she would be called back. Of course Mei barely suspected such as she was relatively modest with herself in such a scenario.

In The Light Mei2Bottom
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:44 pm

In The Light Asatb_01
In the (Spot)Light
The command comes in from one of the stage hands while I was in the process of catching my breath. God had ordered for the scene to be run again and with a look of slight despair and surprise. The mouth that was momentarily agape closes as a sigh escapes and I mentally prepare myself to perform the run again. It was a good thing I had good stamina. “All right,” I say with a nod and a cocky smile as I jog over towards the edge of the building to head back to the starting point. The guys that were chasing me didn’t seem to be as cool with the rerun as myself as they had yet to catch their breath from the run. Looking towards the way they had come, they give a heavy breath before proceeding back in that direction. By this time, the male and female lead would be enjoying refreshments while they waited for their next scene to come up.

The director does not seem disappointed with her words; he doesn’t actually show any type of response to it other than a “hmph, I see.” He looks to her from beneath his glasses as his posture gives her more of his attention since the cameras were on down time in preparing for the next scene. “This can be good, since you seem to have a natural inclination for the art of acting,” he says. “This could also be horrendous depending on your propensity to increase your skills in acting. If this is something you wish to pursue, I will put a word in for you with a talent agent; the same as one of our stars. From there, it is a possibility that we will work together in the future.” It didn’t need to be said, but unnamed lackey 12 to the side comments, “ah, what an honor!”

313 / 5821
In The Light Asatb_03
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 12:23 am

In The Light Mei2FixTop
From his response she couldn't really tell if that was good or bad. This causes her to holster a look that definitely looked like she hoped it was positive. When he mentions it could be good, she lightens, though when it's said basically it could vary and be bad, she retreats to the slightly unnerved atmosphere as before. Externally she seems fairly calm. Though she couldn't figure out if she was triumphant in this scenario or if she was at a loss. Something she'd want to pursue? She hadn't really thought of that before. Mei knew that her parents would have been popping out the seams with excitement and would make her subject of eternal damnation given that she didn't take up the opportunity. These thoughts haunt her a bit but its nostalgia back in middle school plays that persuades her answer. There is a bit of a pause before she would come to a conclusion with her contemplation; at first she seems a little surprised to be offered this but opportunities like this were fleet and came rarely. “I'm confident that it would be something I'd like to pursue. If the Gods have their eyes upon me, then perhaps something as miraculous as that will happen.”

In The Light Mei2Bottom
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:16 am

In The Light Asatb_01
In the (Spot)Light
After jogging about a block back, I would make it to the ready position where the scene would begin once again. One of the assistances would approach me with a bottle of water and a blue berry muffin. With a light smile, I would give words of “thanks” to the female assistant before she walked off having performed her duty of an intern. Holding the bottle of water in my left hand, I would gingerly pull the beige wrapping from the base of the muffin before taking a hearty bite out of the side of it, the soft bread crumbling at the edges of the bite. While chewing, I would look up and see the progress of the others making their way back for the scene. Using the side of the muffin holding hand, I would twist off the white cap to the bottle of water and bring it to my lips before twisting it back and continuing to wait non-eventfully.

Things would progress with the Director as he accepts her words and pulls out his personal cell. He goes about flipping out the keyboard and typing a short message via the text function before sending it off before putting it back away. His hand pushes the shades up on his nose before he looks back to her from behind his glasses and comments, “the good word has been put in. My assistant will give you the contact information for the agency. Go see them as soon as possible and say I sent you. The rest will be up to you. Good luck.”

263 / 6084
In The Light Asatb_03
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:50 am

In The Light Mei2FixTop
Mei smiles lightly as she observes the Director presumably beginning to send word. Initially that was what she could derive and briefly afterwards such became obvious. Relief manages to grace her previous tension because of this. She could tell that the Director seemed to be a busy man and this was a respectable quality. The people around him certainly seemed to respect him as well judging from the looks of things. Thoughtfully she had wondered about if she would grasp the opportunity to work with him in the hopefully near future. Her brow elevates in surprise as he says it would be up to her from then on. At first she would take the implication as she would have to first prove herself via demonstration but that had been a fleeting thought. An affirmative nod would be her response rather than enquiring further about the matter. “I'll see them as soon as possible, Director.” All that would be left to do now was to acquire the information from the assistant and she could be off. “Thanks, for the opportunity.” Mei abides by a strict etiquette when talking to figures out note, seemingly.

In The Light Mei2Bottom
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In The Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Light   In The Light EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 5:04 pm

Sent to UYB.