Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Clearing the Air

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 4:49 pm

Piles upon piles of scrolls line my private study. It would seem that since the battle, things have gotten very busy as trade has resumed to levels slightly higher than what they were showing that even personal feelings are often prevented from interfering with business. My merchants informed me that there is still strong tensions between the mainland villages and Mandira. Most do not say much as there is not a village which I am engaged with trade with that I have not helped in this way or that. Some restoring treasured facets of their society, some returning beloved family members, and some protecting from enemies. My own region has been prospering now that I am whole once again.

Dainos walks into the office to report on the progress of the ambrosia production and to request that additions and upgrades be made for the production facility still called the Outpost. He notes that if he could he would request a larger outpost he would. "Master, what about our territory to the north that Lord Loki was building on? We haven't received many reports from up there." I nod to him and tell him that scouts and an Emissary have been sent north. Dainos asks me if I know that my eyes are glowing quite brightly and I nod to him. "I am watching through the Emissary's eyes as he steps out of the portal where Artilla was located looking for Sanzon." Having to hold this power is interesting as I am pretty much able to drink my tea to offset the strain it would normally place on my body. It is easier b/c the target is "cooperating with my mind" instead of fighting the "mental tag along".
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 5:06 pm

The settlement was bustling with activity. Ever since the issues with the invasion, the buildings had been repaired, and the people had been moved back into their homes. While many homes were still under construction, there was a great deal of work to be done to continue expansion. Inside what was becoming the center of the village, the two buildings that managed the settlement would be teeming with people. Sitting inside the central building was Larus, the current Chancellor of the settlement. With Sanzon in the future dealing with expansion of his corporate adventures, Jaine had been left in charge for a bit. After some time, the two of them would swap realms, allowing Jaine a nice hot shower and active control of the academy as Adjunct Director while the founder of this village returned to gauge its expansion and set a goal for the future.

Inside the building, Larus, who had never met anyone important from this time, would be looking over a site map of the area, and deciding whether or not to expand more to the north across the coastline.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:13 pm

In the midst of the center of the growing village, dark purple and black swirls of energy come together to form a vertical pool of darkness. The pool grows to be about five feet in radius before it turns "on to its side" to lay horizontal and lower to the ground. It expands to be about fifteen feet in radius. The dark colors begin to lighten to deep stormy grey. A beam of energy rises out of the pool and almost instantly, the Emissary and his entourage appear. He looks around and nods. "It would appear that the settlement is progressing, Master. Would you like me to take a tour first or find Lord Loki?" His body feels a warm "shiver" flow through his core and he responds, "Understood." He heads towards the closest building with heavy traffic asking where the Lord of the Village was. He would recognize a decent number of the villagers here and a few of the traveling merchants. The northern mainland was his region to spread my benevolence to and I kept him out and about quite often since he enjoys the traveling.

Once one of the villagers directs him to the correct building, the Emissary enters and waits to be greeted.

Meanwhile, I inform Dainos that we will look into expanding his laboratory settlement into perhaps a fortress or citadel of some sort. I pause for a moment and look over at the map. I think I have a great idea for where to move your facility. "How would you like to take over Wurin's former village and convert that into what you need?" Dainos tells me that it's the slave market and I nod to him. "An endless supply of test subjects and also the slavers can be extremely useful in spreading word about the new recipes you develop in order to increase distribution activity for our merchants." He nods to me and tells me that he would be honored. I nod and tell him that it is settled then. Dainos tells me that he will go and inform his staff to start making arrangements for the anticipated move.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:26 pm

The parchments that were rolled up kept the acting lord busy with organizing the day to day operations of the village. He had been entrusted to make sure everything ran flawlessly, and any errors would probably start a fight that he wanted to avoid. Leaning back in the wooden chair, two other men would bring a report of the current lumber counts. it seemed that the village counts were gaining, and another building may be finished today. When a new face entered, he would look over to gentlemen, announced and introduced as an emissary from the island nation next door. He wore a strange set of black and red robes, which strictly contrast his white hair. There was a red flicker in his eyes when he smiled at the emissary.

"Good afternoon. Sorry to disappoint, but Sanzon is not around. I've been placed as acting Chancellor. Is there anything I can help you with while you are here?"
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 1:53 pm

The Emissary is led into the room where a young man where dark clothing but hair similar to the Master's hair. Considering his youth, it would be extremely unlikely for him to be "normal" with hair like that. The Emissary approaches yet keeps a comfortable distance from the young man as he replies. "Good afternoon, Chancellor. It is quite alright as I assume that Lord Loki is busy off handling affairs of state or getting some well needed relaxation." The Emissary offers a soft smile before continuing, "My Master, the Lord of Mandira, has sent me here to ensure that all is well as it has been some time since we have received reports from the Artillia. Master Mukhya still feels some manner of responsibility for the people here."

The Emissary falls silent for a moment. His eyes begin to shimmer slightly. "My Master wishes to know if we could have a tour of the village and its progress. He would like to continue to aid in your development. Also, he wishes to speak with you." The Emissary's eyes return to normal as he awaits the reply.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:31 pm

"as well as he should. A tour is well within reason, whether you wish for a personal one or not."

Looking to the others in the room, a nod would be given before two simple words were spoken. "Leave us." The room would empty without haste, leaving the two of them together. While he had been given intel that the other spirit was an ally, allowing knowledge of the breakdown and tactical design of this village was an asset to the people.

"We currently hold over a dozen buildings, and have strayed from the production center and more into the residential. We hold a circular design, with an alternating building layout. This allows an easy defense from all directions of invasion, and blends the different sectors together. The only straight edge in this entire village is the water front property, which is being built into an extensive section of docks for trade to Mandira."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 12:17 pm

When the Chancellor speaks, the Emissary looks at the accompanying scouts and nods to them. Of the three there, two would go out to tour the village and check out the scenery and locals since some people might have questions about their relatives and other news from the island. The third scout waits outside with any other guards. If there are no guards out front, then he would simply reserve himself to his own thoughts and making plans for when he returns from this diplomatic trip.

Meanwhile, inside the room, the Emissary listens to the the Chancellor as he informs him about the layout of the village. I listen in and once he finishes, the Emissary opens his mind so that I can speak through him: "Chancellor, I like the new layout of the settlement. It is far more tactically sound than the original layout. As for the production, if you need assistance in your growth, tell your Lord to feel free to ask. I can send over carpenters to aid in the construction. Also, I will instruct the Cornucopia, our Merchant Guild, to provide formal introductions between your merchants and some of the traveling merchants in Tara Mura and surrounding villages. In order for our region to be truly strong, we need to ensure that your village has access to all of the resources that it needs." I am not in the business of making subservient allies as those create greater tensions a lot of times when the subservient leader believes themselves to be equal with the "superior" leader. It would be best if that was avoided in my opinion. While making this village completely independent of Mandira can lead to an overzealous sense of self, I find that to be a better risk to be taken. "Would you care to take that tour now, Chancellor?"
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 11:39 pm

there would be no guards outside of the building. On the interior, everyone was equal. Everyone who was a soldier would spend their time for the benefit of their people. All previous systems of structure had been abolished for a more communistic format, where everyone was equal. "Sanzon believes that our nations need to cooperate for both to thrive with success. With the village growing at a steady rate, it's fine for me to take the time to show you around myself."

Standing, Larus would move towards the door and out into the cool, crisp air. The people were working harder to account for the harsher weather that was coming. After all, tents would not be sufficient enough protection for the cold, and people were important.

"Within a short range are the entrances to each individual sector. we want to integrate the village into a circular design not only for protection, but for convenience of work. By isolating the sections of production and economy, we can effectively increase their total production. The farms are being productive, and the rest will come with time. Our current priority is the residential sector. Every family will have a home."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:42 pm

Sanzon's views of the mortals always intrigued me. He leads a conflicting perspective in my opinion, but perhaps that could be said for any of us exiled kami who have spent enough time with the mortals. He holds himself to be above them as we are, but he seems to hold them with such a regard that it is as if to say that they are his equal, not just ilk worth looking after. That is where he and I still differ. While I cherish my people, they are not my equal and I am not one of them. I do not wish to be worshiped by them, but I am what they believe in and until I have the means to give them something greater to believe in, it will have to suffice.

I return control over to the Emissary and just observe. Primarily because it requires far more energy than simple observation. The Emissary exhales and smiles at the Chancellor before moving to walk with him. The Emissary inquires, "Would it not be more convenient to say place your marketplace in one of your middle rings of the village with the corresponding production facilities adjacent to that ring so that your goods are close to their manufacturers."

Looking around the area, the Emissary doesn't notice patrols or anything resembling a security force. The scout outside would be waiting to join the other two, though keeping pace behind them. He is fast enough to intervene should a problem arise. The Emissary would next inquire for clarification, "Chancellor, has your Master started training his military yet? I do not see a standing force patrolling your streets." The Emissary's voice seems to hold genuine concern for the safety of the village.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:49 pm

The Emissary posed a question that was expected. why not put the markets closer to the farm land? That was simple. When creating the design of the village, Sanzon had done something never seen before. He split it up. If the entire economic sector included all of the resources for the village, then they could be targeted as a single point of economic failure.

"You have a great question. Sanzon has plans to industrialize as much as possible. Because of this, farms won't always be needed. The market place is split in half, with an interior and exterior sector. The interior is for goods to be shared and bartered between our people. The external market, which is on the edge of the village, is for trade with outsiders. This keeps our people safe, and isolates possible incidents to one location."

Taking the emissary towards the marketplace, he would begin to explain the military situation. The village had been working towards their future in an interesting way.

"Sanzon does not hold slaves. When the slave drivers come, he purchases them, then sets them free. They earn their share by building and supporting the rest of the village or joining the military. Most of the military is out on patrols. With me here, there is no need to have them here. It gives them all a chance to get familiar with the territory and scout possible recon positions."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:04 am

The Emissary nods his head at the explanation, then once the Chancellor is finished, he responds, "That is quite an interesting concept indeed. Keeps outsiders from the inner workings of the village and gaining troublesome intel while keeping your people safe and allowing them to profit from selling to themselves and keep the flow of wealth and commerce internal while a separate group is focused outward. Are you or your Master concerned that the external merchants will receive better pricing and profits for their operations than the internal merchants? One is far more willing to give a discount to a friend or relative than to a stranger. That may create envy within the ranks of the internal merchants."

The Emissary takes in the sights of the young village and watches with a smile as the villagers are all working towards the common goals of creating a stable, secure, and successful home for all of them. Sanzon's adverse stance towards slavery is quite interesting. "Since Taja Mandira has risen, the Divine Regent has also freed all of our slaves and made them citizens of Mandira. It has greatly increased production and raised overall morale. The prisoners of war have remained in such capacity. He has become quite benevolent, but his resolve to maintain our safety has not wavered. I am glad to hear that the military is making progress. My Master will be pleased to know that Artillia will be better protected in the future."
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:12 am

"The problem had been thought of by Sanzon, and resulted in a management system. The first department that was established was not for culture or military, it was for commerce. This creates a shared profit system. All external marketers are just representatives of the internal ones. Their total profits are calculated daily, and shared evenly to a percent. This way, they all benefit. If one is not carrying their weight over time, they are transferred to the internal markets where they can be worked under supervision. So far, the system has been successful here, but it won't work in a large society like the larger cities. That's why the external market is distanced. Once we finish expanding, that will be the primary marketplace for everything."

turning to the left, they would now be on the south side of the village. It was good to know that Mandira held some of the same ideals, even if they were using them for their own benefit of morale and charisma. Whatever worked worked I guess.

"As you can see, with that proposed set up, assuming all goes well, the market will make a connection with the docks, creating one singular point of open trade. As for the military, it's something that grows with time. "
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:53 am

The Emissary nods. "A truly communal system. Your Master has quite an ideal vision. It is my hope and I am sure that my Master shares the same feelings in hoping that it goes according to plan." The concerns of the diplomatic agent would not be fully eased with optimism and wishful thinking. The bloody history of the island known as Mandira definitely lends one from there to know of the greed of the human soul and to believe that any are capable of falling prey to the simple seduction of avarice. Still, if it could be pulled off and this management system should curtail the problem, it would be a great example to be followed. Until then, a mixture of love, respect, nationalistic pride, and fear would remain the method of choice to keep things moving prosperously.

The docks seem to have a decent amount of activity. The Emissary notices that a few of the ships there bear the Crest of Mandira. This prompts the Emissary to ask, "Chancellor, has Artillia been getting all of the imports that you need? My Master would want to know if something could be done to increase productivity here."
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:01 pm

With the harsh winter months coming, the primary concern was to finalize a trade route with the bigger cities, and to get residential homes for every citizen family here. of all the things, protecting the people was Sanzon's first priority, even if he wasn't here. Looking to the docks, Jaine would go ahead and make the issue apparent. It wasn't a big issue, since the initial boats had been torn down for wood, but an increase in manpower would definitely be a great help.

"The cold months are coming, and we are not building as fast as we need to. every family should have a home to protect them from the harsh weather. If Mandira could spare lumberjacks and carpenters to assist for two weeks, we should be able to expedite this concern properly. Other than that, what can we assist Mandira with?"
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:08 pm

The young white haired male was an enjoyable host and very open about things which let the Emissary know that he is not a diplomat by definition. Still, his openness triggers a like openness from the Emissary. When asked if Mandira could spare carpenters to aid in Artillia's (it is Artillia, right? wanna make sure I haven't been calling it the wrong name all this time, lol) residential development. The Emissary starts, "Allow me to find out if we can accommodate your request." He closes his eyes and speaks to me:

"Master, the Chancellor of Lord Loki's village requests our aid in expediting their efforts to get housing built for their people. What shall I tell him?" We have our own Restoration of Taja undertaking at the moment where the Artisans are all working towards that effort. This might be the push that I need to boost my own ability to restore my land. The one doubt is that my powers are still returning to me and some of them are returning slower than others. The ability to undo damage and restore land is one of those struggling areas. Knowing that I cannot tell my people to believe in themselves if I do not trust in my own powers, I respond, "Inform the Chancellor that Mandira will send the Artisan Guild to aid them as soon as the Forge of Taja is complete, which I am told will be today or tomorrow. I will teleport them over to ensure that they are able to get right to work. They will need the Chief Carpenters to give them the general layout and architectural style that they will be building." You know, I should probably look into developing this ability to "remote observe" through the eyes of more Emissaries or at least form a link with my people and my allies so that they can open their minds to me from anywhere when necessary.

The Emissary relays my message to Jaine and waits for his reply before continuing.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 12:13 am

"Fully acceptable."

by being completely open, there was a hope that the relationship between the two nations would be completely trusting. While they were separate entities, they would probably need reliance on each other a big. In return for the assistance of the carpenters guild from Mandira, their people would be able to have their homes built before the end of the winter. That was the only task that Sanzon had given him. After all, according to the battery powered organizer which was kept inside his jacket at all times, it was only twelve days until Sanzon returned. that meant a nice hot shower, and better engineering for these people.

"In return, we will share our plans for industrialization with Mandira."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 6:12 pm

The Emissary nods with a smile. "I think this has been quite a productive trip, Chancellor. When I return, I will speak with my Master. I hope after Master Loki returns, you two will visit the capital city of Taja. There have been vast improvements made. Well, I will let you get back to work. It should only be a couple of days or so before the workers arrive and you will be able to make vast improvements here before your Master arrives." The other two scouts make their way to join the group from the "sightseeing" since they knew this would be a brief visit. Once they are all together, if Jaine had no further questions, comments, or concerns, the Emissary would request a portal home.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 2:26 am

2318 EXP
2318 PWC to Lord 2

SENT TO UYB
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:19 am

roger that. im back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clearing the Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Air   Clearing the Air Empty

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Air
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RP Boards :: Yochi Furi :: Mandira-
Jump to: