Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

can possessed use magic/omega techs

Go down 
+2
ShinTre_Admin
Tsukai
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male
Number of posts : 367
Rep! : 10
Registration date : 2010-05-03

can possessed use magic/omega techs Empty
PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:59 am

...wow. What about Expirs?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 12:08 pm

lol, that's a good point.
expir is the only possession where the user dun merge w/an onugi
(aka "A Possession occurs when a special wandering artifact called an "onugi" combined with an unmerged, non-hitorinji human body. In this sense, basically a wandering spirit can possess a human body! http://h2h.netne.net/0_possessionsI.html)
since it dun have that extra spirit component i think it'd be safe to say they be exempt from magic abilities
powered techs would prolly be fine in their case tho

edit: oh yah, disregard that above. it already says in their facts on the possession page
" * Possessed characters cannot learn Adv Magix (Magixal III) packages "
that means they can learn the other packages
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female
Number of posts : 974
Rep! : 26
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 3:34 pm

Possessed can use Omega techniques? I was told otherwise on a lot of accounts. I recalled having one of my characters die and come back as a Kami to use the powered techniques. (It was specified to me that I wouldn't be able to use Godspeed because I was a Vaspire, to be specific < <; )
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 3:53 pm

daym. sry you had to go thro that. i think rei had a vaspire that used godspeed... but ya, that's why i like questions to be stated on the boards so i can look thro and make sure the right advice is bein given. i might miss a few questions here and there, but i try to look over em all. when in doubt post here. i dunno if it was posted on the board or if it was me who told you that you couldn't, but if it was my mistake let me kno.
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female
Number of posts : 2348
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:13 pm

Wait wait wait..... since when can possession's used Omega techniques? o_O Did that change with the recent update or something?

Edit: From my time here I've always thought that Possessions couldn't used Omega techs (Powered techs) and they couldn't use the Advanced Magix ( Page 3 of the magixs)

so yeah o O
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:20 pm

nah that's not new
http://h2h.site90.com/possessionsI.html
the only restriction they've ever had was not being able to learn magic III techs
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:29 pm

Then what about this

"Techniques are abilities, spells and/or attribute upgrades. Techniques that do damage have 5 strength levels: Low, Medium, High, Fierce, Destructive. Most techniques also cost stamina and drain depending on the technique's strength. Training techniques make the technique stronger and reduce the stamina cost. Techniques that do not specify a damage or drain normally have a stamina drain of Low. Magixal and Omega Techniques (ῼ) cannot be learned by normal (not Hitorinji) humans. For more specific info see The Breakdown"

That sentence needs to be clarified more than that, because there seems to be some sort of misunderstanding if Possession's can use Omega techniques. Do Possession's count as Normal humans?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:39 pm

lol ya, i already said that
and i made a note to clarify it on the site correction reminder thread
i'll get to it, dun worry
but ya, i'm not sayin it wasn't confusing. xD my bad
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:42 pm

GOOOOOOOOD, better fix that up soon, Bad shin confusing people like that Nah
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:45 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:12 pm

The only limitation that possessed humans have had was the inability to learn advance magics. Period, ever. Psi's first character was a heavily powered Seer whom he would not have created if he couldn't gain magix and omega techs. Surreal also had a similar Succubus. The fact that they're called possessed humans should indicate that they're not normal as most are more spirit than actual human; they all, minus the one outliner, have some type of spirit merger associated with them. On that point, Expir should actually become a taint now. With that said, the question comes with the separation of the two plagued creations of Soullines and Taints. Since taints are non magical by description, it should be a given that those do not warrant any spiritual or enhanced abilities other than what is in the taint package. Soullines are so annoyingly mixed that I think their ability to learn magics and powered techniques should be handled on a case by case basis dependent on if that soulline 'unlocks' spiritual powers within the human (i.e. Spir'ty Soulline).
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:19 pm

Most of what you write is not necessary and seems to be stated with a bitter tongue. They also come late. Nobody can deny the potency of the rule's incorrectness and the degree it misleads regardless of who did what in a past unknown to most, especially new members.

"* Humans (excluding Hitorinji) are cannot learn grayed techs with "Ω" by it."

That states in the english I'm familiar with that humans excluding that one type, the only type being excluded, can't learn said techniques. Anybody who reads it will interupt it as such, AS THEY HAVE APPARENTLY.

This is the fault of Shin, not the members. I would appreciate it if you presented it as such and not the opposite.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:20 pm

I find this particularly amusive. You imply the obviousness of this issue, an implication that is contrary to how many people were oblivious to how Possessed characters could use Omega techniques. Me, Tsukai, Antifreke, Kaguyalover, it's a pretty long list. Mind you that a majority, if not all, Omega techniques are physical and do not imply the use of magics. In addition the fact that those are magics, and simply not super human feats, is not listed within the rules. Hilariously enough Shin himself has admitted to apparent confusing wording of it - albeit you defend nevertheless. Regardless of what a Possession is the fact is they differ from a Hitorinji. What would have made this meaning distinct, without considering the mechanics of the Possession itself, would be it being stated that humans, excluding Hitorinji AND possessions are incapable of using Omega techniques. The problem is the rules were written in a way that contradict your words.

I am also beginning to aim my queries at the professionalism of this given that the matter was already dealt with and further word was not a dire prerequisite. Everyone had come to a common understanding.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:38 pm

Most of what you write is not necessary and seems to be stated with a bitter tongue. They also come late.
I log in later than others and most of what I said is said how I say things. I’ll not bother with how others interpret plain text. I believe it would be easier to make Expir a taint; that is fact. Soullines and Taint’s further confuse the issue; that is also a fact.

This is the fault of Shin, not the members. I would appreciate it if you presented it as such and not the opposite.
You misread my words; I stated historical fact of the site and gave reference opinion on the topic. I made no conscious effort to reprimand members for a misunderstanding that other members didn’t seem to have.

I find this particularly amusive.
I’m glad to bring you delight, continue to look after me in the future.

You imply the obviousness of this issue, an implication that is contrary to how many people were oblivious to how Possessed characters could use Omega techniques. Me, Tsukai, Antifreke, Kaguyalover, it's a pretty long list.
It’s a long list that exists due to branching out, since you stated that your initial misunderstanding came from inquiry of others. Surreal, Shin, DKC, Mariko Kaz, Jenn, myself and perhaps others understood this, so the lists can be comparable.

Mind you that a majority, if not all, Omega techniques are physical and do not imply the use of magics. In addition the fact that those are magics, and simply not super human feats, is not listed within the rules.
Correct, the ruling was stated that possessions only have one restriction to them.

Hilariously enough Shin himself has admitted to apparent confusing wording of it - albeit you defend nevertheless.
See previously explained misunderstanding.

Regardless of what a Possession is the fact is they differ from a Hitorinji. What would have made this meaning distinct, without considering the mechanics of the Possession itself, would be it being stated that humans, excluding Hitorinji AND possessions are incapable of using Omega techniques. The problem is the rules were written in a way that contradict your words.
Which words in particular?

Overall, from reading your responses, I assume your main issue is the line “The fact that they're called possessed humans should indicate that they're not normal as most are more spirit than actual human” which answers the question “Do Possession's count as Normal humans?” which went unanswered. I provided the answer. After re reading my words, I don’t see where I defended Shin as the bulk of my focus was much on the confusion of the new systems of taint and soullines.

Still as with any argument, I do appreciate your ability to enunciate what you’re requesting. I understand “I would appreciate it if you presented it as such and not the opposite” and will counter that blaming members was not my intent if what I typed was misread.
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:50 pm

Such a wonder why the memberbase keeps shrinking.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:57 pm

Ok.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:59 pm

You imply the obviousness of this issue, an implication that is contrary to how many people were oblivious to how Possessed characters could use Omega techniques. Me, Tsukai, Antifreke, Kaguyalover, it's a pretty long list.
It’s a long list that exists due to branching out, since you stated that your initial misunderstanding came from inquiry of others. Surreal, Shin, DKC, Mariko Kaz, Jenn, myself and perhaps others understood this, so the lists can be comparable.
Regardless of if you have an equivalent list the fact the other half of the memberbase could not interpret this means that there is problems with the wording that need to be tended to, probably presently.

Mind you that a majority, if not all, Omega techniques are physical and do not imply the use of magics. In addition the fact that those are magics, and simply not super human feats, is not listed within the rules.
Correct, the ruling was stated that possessions only have one restriction to them.
I'm not sure if that was incredibly viable to my words. I will educate you once more in the crude wording, despite it already have been thoroughly elaborated about. Forgive my mannerisms.
* Humans (excluding Hitorinji) are cannot learn grayed techs with "Ω" by it.
Please see to it that you don't bring up that Possessions are apparently identical to Hitorinji when they differ so. Also, I'd like to establish that I am baffled, seeing that apparently Possessions are not deemed human, but are instead considered Hitorinji? What?

Regardless of what a Possession is the fact is they differ from a Hitorinji. What would have made this meaning distinct, without considering the mechanics of the Possession itself, would be it being stated that humans, excluding Hitorinji AND possessions are incapable of using Omega techniques. The problem is the rules were written in a way that contradict your words.
Which words in particular?
See above.
Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Rep! : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:05 am

Why is this such a big issue? He didn't attack anyone from what I have read in the posts. But you and Tsukai seem a bit bitter instead towards him.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:07 am

Blue wrote:
I am also beginning to aim my queries at the professionalism of this given that the matter was already dealt with and further word was not a dire prerequisite. Everyone had come to a common understanding.

His bitterness originates from his post not being necessity at all. The matter was done with as stated in my message above. Shin intended on fixing the error and all in general was good. The implication derived from his post seemed to be simply to say that this was all apparent and obvious.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:08 am

Regardless of if you have an equivalent list the fact the other half of the memberbase could not interpret this means that there is problems with the wording that need to be tended to, probably presently.
Correct. I’m not arguing that members are wrong for not understanding the rule.

I'm not sure if that was incredibly viable to my words. I will educate you once more in the crude wording, despite it already have been thoroughly elaborated about. Forgive my mannerisms.
Please see to it that you don't bring up that Possessions are apparently identical to Hitorinji when they differ so. Also, I'd like to establish that I am baffled, seeing that apparently Possessions are not deemed human, but are instead considered Hitorinji? What?
Incorrect. Possessions, hitorinji and humans are all different. My sentence states that historically and presently Possessions only have one restriction to them. Hitorinji, unlike possessions, are able to learn advanced magic, thus the difference.

See above.
Thank you for the clarification.

* So now we're down to three points. In retrospect, I'll clarify that my initial statements were directed more towards Shin. It would be feasible to shift espirs to a taint and further clarification the ruling for soulline and taint types are needed since the same argument could be made whether they're 'human' or not.

Shiori, I want to stay on topic with this please. Thank you, however.

Edit: His bitterness originates from his post not being necessity at all. The matter was done with as stated in my message above. Shin intended on fixing the error and all in general was good. The implication derived from his post seemed to be simply to say that this was all apparent and obvious.
See *
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:22 am

Incorrect. Possessions, hitorinji and humans are all different. My sentence states that historically and presently Possessions only have one restriction to them. Hitorinji, unlike possessions, are able to learn advanced magic, thus the difference.
It reaps me delight that this is incorrect, for them differing certainly was my statement. It was apparent that they only have one restriction to them; yet, the ruling I had listed had a confusing wording to it, henceforth making it seem like they had two restrictions. (Excluding Hitorinji) That's what it said for the use of powered/greyed out techniques. I will break down what I was saying:
- Unless Possessions are deemed the same as Hitorinji, that wording for the rule is flawed. Since it only mentions excluding Hitorinji.
- Unless possessions aren't referenced as humans, the wording makes it seem as though they are included in the batch incapable of using powered techniques. But Shin has said that they can and this had already been confirmed to me.

Thank you for the clarification of your points. Perhaps the best choice would be to enable this to settle before it flourishes to higher degrees of misunderstanding. I would hate for negativity to spread like unruly locusts.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:30 am

The implication derived from his post seemed to be simply to say that this was all apparent and obvious.
Overall, this seems to be the root of everything, so I'll further clarify as I have above that this is unintended; thank you for using "seemed" in this statement and clearly explaining what the main issue was from your standpoint. Be assured that I've understood what you are and have been saying in your posts thus far.

As to Shin, the suggestions of my original post stand as I do believe them viable.

Thank you for the clarification of your points. Perhaps the best choice would be to enable this to settle before it flourishes to higher degrees of misunderstanding. I would hate for negativity to spread like unruly locusts.
I haven't taken your or Tsukai's words as insult since no personal attacks were made and the topic wasn't deviated from. I'm glad we were both able to voice fact of our understanding; no negativity is meant on my part. Let's continue to RP and talk about anime as we have thus far.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:18 am

yo kyro
put that on the site suggestion board
ill look into
if there aint ne more questions this topic's closed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can possessed use magic/omega techs   can possessed use magic/omega techs Empty

Back to top Go down

can possessed use magic/omega techs
Page 1 of 1