Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WTF Old Man!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

Number of posts : 1322
Rep! : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-06

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 4:38 am

WTF Old Man! Fate_1

WTF Old Man!

Sitting on the metal railing of the encircles the large lave fountain as it shoots into the air and falls into the pool of flames below. With my book in one hand as I read while spirits of all types walk by doing their day thing. I liked spending my days here rather than in the office with the others. Not that I didn't like them it is just that I can do my job from here just as well as sitting behind a desk.

Black and heavy sleep
Falls upon my life;
Sleep, my every hope,
Sleep, desire and strife.
Now my eyes are blind;
Recollections fails,
Bitter ones and kind-
Melancholy tale!

Cradled in a deep
Pit beneath the ground,
I am rocked asleep.
Silence! Not a sound!

The woman in a skirt suit with pink hair blink as she looks at me, "Hey, I got something for you." I look up from the pages to see her holding up a cup. "Oh, lunch time already?" She nods to answer my question as I place the book into my pocket and take the cup from her hand. "How did it go in Yochi?" I face twist at the question as I take a drink. "It sucked. It so fucking cold up there and the smile! God, The smile made me want to throw up. I never thought I would get it off of me. I met this one spirit there that likes it and thinks it is the watchers gift to Onitoshi. I didn't eat or drink anything while I was there. Would hate to get tainted by that stuff." She nods a few times, "Well I'm happy you liked it so much because you got to go back." I glair at her, "What I'm not going you go!" She shakes her head, "No way this has your name on it I'm just here to have lunch and give it to ya." I put my hand together to beg, "Oh come on Fath, wont you do this for your little sister?" She gives me a smile, "Nope. There is no way I'm going to up with and get tainted by some human." I let out a sight and my arms drop to my side. "So what is it that I have to do now?" She holds up a small box. "Deliver this to the Dark Smith in the forests..." I start to take the box, "What! the forest? What all of them green trees and shit?" She nods. "and he has requested that we send someone that can help with a few things." I look at the box for a moment, "Fine I'll get right now it." She smiles at me, "You're such as a nice little sister. Hey why don't you call that guy you was talking about see if he'll do most of the work for ya." My feet come to the ground and I place the box into my pocket. "Maybe I will. This is why I don't say at the office." Walking away her I take a drink of my spirit coffee before pulling out my phone. Her ideal wasn't half bad of one now if I can just remember that number. Hitting the number that I remember being on the paper Roshi had given to me... it starts to ring.

WC: 557
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male
Number of posts : 742
Rep! : 0
Registration date : 2009-10-27

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 4:48 am

Roshi was in one of the pubs that dotted the lower commons. He had even gotten shit faced drunk after putting away several dozen beers, and now he was staggering out of the watering hole. He lurched too one side in a perilous stupor, then corrected himself until he was threatening too lurch too that side as well. It was in this matter of tidder toddering back and forth that he reached his apartment. He could hear ringing, which startled him causing him too fall down on his face. "Whash that?" He slurred as he reached into his pocket, but he by accident slipped his hand down his pants. He Roshi gave a little bemused laugh as he finally pulled out his cellphone and hit one of the brightly glowing buttons. "Thish is your priesht speaking, and I am unable to come too the phone right now because I am shit faced drunk." He would say too whoever it was on the other end of the line.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 5:07 am

WTF Old Man! Fate_1

WTF Old Man!

A sweat bead draws on my cheek as I hear the slurred speech of the priest. Fay blinks as she looks at the phone, "He sounds a little drunk." My eyes glance at her, "What time would it be there?" She shrugs, "Don't get me a lien." Turning my attention back to the phone with drunk priest on the other end, "Roshi. This is Fate. It sounds like I called you at a bad time..." Not watching where I was walking I ran into a large Ogre as we meet at a corner of a building. His red beady eyes didn't look to happy he looked down at me and I look up at him with a slight smile, "I'm sorry" He gives a nod and takes a side step to let me pass, "Oh what a gentleman. Thank you." His big pointy teeth comes to a big grin as I walk pass. "Sorry there is a lot of people on the street at the moment. So this a bad time to talk to you about a job?" I ask as I wonder if this ideal was really a good one or not.

WC:193/750
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 5:17 am

"Oh the blond girl with the impressive rack and ass." Roshi said with a little comprehension entering his beer addled mind. "No no, I've always got the time for my congregants." He would say as he struggled to get off the ground. His efforts would eventually reward him with a vertical base. "Nah nah, I always have time for my congregants." He repeated again as he fished into his pockets and pulled out his keys. "Yous in onitoshiiiii rightsh?" Roshi slurred as he fumbled around with the right key, eventually he would hold it up triumphantly and stick it into the lock. He would open the door and immediately trip once again. A litany of drunken curses following this unfortunate mishap. "It should take you a few hours to reach my place. I'll be sobering up in the meantime, also you should know you have a great ass." He said as he went too his kitchenette to see if he could find some the elixirs that he had bought from onitoshi not too long ago that would cure his drunkness.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 5:35 am

WTF Old Man! Fate_1

WTF Old Man!

I blink, "He is repeating himself..." Fay nods, "To bad he isn't a pixie he would be sober before he landed on the couch!" I listen to him as he asked if I was in Onitoshi, "Yeah that is right..." I put my hand over the phone. "I think this was a bad ideal we should do it ourselves. " Fay sighs, "But it is a lot of fun watching him act like a human and do everything the way they would do." I think for a moment, "You're right it is fun to watch him. Pulse he has all of those guns and they do come in handy.... Why do you think he wants to be human so bad? You think he hit his head on something and things he should be one now?" Fay shrugs as we hear him talk about how nice my ass is, "Maybe he really just some crazy old man." I nod a few times before removing my hand from the phone. "No, we'll be there in a few seconds. Fay will get you sober in no time so don't worry about." The phone clicks as I hang up. Fay opens a portal and we walk through it to come out at Roshi's front door. Seeing the door open I look inside. "Roshi, you in here?"

WC:222/972
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:17 am

Roshi was rummaging through his cabinets when all of the sudden a column of light appeared in front of his door way."Oh shit the ninja's are here to get me!" He would say before calming down and remembering his conversation with Fate just seconds earlier. "Oh yeah blondie, come on in. I was just looking for an elixir too get rid of this drunkenness." Roshi slurred slightly as he resume rummaging through his cabinets before he pulled out two small little bottles of clear liquid. "Dere we are." He said turning around too look at Fay and Fate before swaying back and forth. "This should cure it." Roshi would twist the cap off of one of them and immediately down it. He would feel an immediate wave of cool relief flooding over him causing some of his drunkenness to dissipate. "Woah, guess one bottle wasn't enough."
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 12:58 am

WTF Old Man! Fate_1

WTF Old Man!

A brow is lifted as I stand in the doorway to look inside, finding Roshi rummaging through his cabinets like a wild man to find something... I really wasn't sure what he was looking for at that moment. Leaning back out of the doorway, I take a look at the sunny blue sky with a few clouds. Than that a look back inside the apartment to look at a clock that says 11:30 am. "Um you have a long night? Or just a really bad morning?" Watching him take a drink of something that looked questionable. It being a clear liquid in a unmarked bottle makes leads me to believe that the liquid is some type of moonshine, "You sure you should be drinking more at this time of the day?" Fay flies up to lay on the top of my head as she laughs at Roshi for being drunk.

WC: 150/1122
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 1:11 am

"Wha? No no, this here is premium stuff, garunteed too cure a hang over, says right here on the label." He said pointing too the clearly unmarked bottle. Roshi would squint at the bottle before looking back over too Fate. "Labels aren't important, the fact is this stuff is good for curing hang overs." Roshi would tell her as he twisted the cap off on the second one and slammed it back. The combined effects of the elixirs would immediately purge the alcohol from his system. He would stand there for a few moments enjoying his sobriety before moving a hand through his hair. "No bad day, just felt like getting shit faced drunk last night." He said as he made his way towards his bedroom. "Let me go get my stuff ready, but while I do that tell me what this job is about." He asked.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 1:40 am

WTF Old Man! Fate_1

WTF Old Man!

Whatever he just had seems to work really fast as he seems to be sober after taking the drink. Stepping into the apartment when he goes into bed so he can still hear me. "Just have to Deliver a package to the Dark Smith in the lost woods. You seem to know a lot about the places around here so I had hoped that you could be like a guide of sorts and help me get there." My eyes scan the room for a moment. It looks about the same and doesn't seem like he has cleaned it up any from the last time I had been here. "It shouldn't be that hard or dangerous of a job... other than the rumors of a Chimera guarding the hut he lives in but I don't think that is too much to worry about."

WC: 142/1264
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 1:48 am

"Right, I've heard about the guy, even visited him once to see what kind of wares he offered, so I can lead you too him." Roshi would call back as he collected his things in the duffel bag and stepped out of his bedroom. "It should be easy enough to get there. I hope you don't mind riding in a car since the chance of getting spotted by spiritually aware humans is high, at least until we get too the woods." He would say as he slung the duffel bag over his shoulder. "Are we on any kind of time line for delivering this package?" He asked as he exited the apartment and locked it behind him.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:11 am

WTF Old Man! Fate_1

WTF Old Man!

It was good to hear that he had visited the Dark Smith before. It'll make things a lot easier than wondering around in the woods for a few day to find where this guy was at. "That is good to hear. I would like to get it delivered as soon as possible. But we are not going to take a car." I refuse the use of a car for several reasons the biggest is it can be trace back to where it came from by the humans. The fact that the last time I road in one made me feel a little ill has nothing to do with it. "You really worry to much about that. Fay will cover for use so there isn't a need for the car." Fay nods, "Yep you'll look like some cloud with a happy face to them!" She takes her little fingers and push the edge of her lips into make a big smile.

WC: 160/1424
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:17 am

He looked at Fate askance. "A smiling cloud would be even more suspicious, but it is your call." Roshi would say as he began walking down one of the many flights of stairs until they had finally exited the building. It would be at that point he would shift his body into its spiritual form. "Go ahead and put the veil over us." He asked Fay as he slowly floated up into the air. It had been a long time since he had last flown, but it was a good sensation. Roshi looked across to Fate and gave a nod taking the lead and began shooting off too the deeps.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:57 am

WTF Old Man! Fate_1

WTF Old Man!

With my hands in my pockets. I turn to follow Roshi back outside and down the stairs to exited the building. Fay how had was resting her head on the palm of her hand as she played with the lock of golden hair that like to stick up. She answers Roshi's request, "Already do." My feet already off the ground as I wait for him to take the lead when I return the nod. I look over the city as we travel through the air. Most of it looks a lot like how Arden, other than it being mostly gray rather than red, does but with a few more things. The buildings in the Metro area would tower of the tallest one in Arden . Plus there is that barrier around it that keeps spirits out... which makes me wonder if it keeps us off than it must keep thing in as well... so what happens when a human dies there and the soul is finally free of that prison that was there body. There must be a lot of Shouchu trapped inside of that barrier. The 3D screens coach me eye as I see a few of them in the streets.

WC: 202/1626
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:03 am

The time would pass quickly if boringly, and they would manage too transverse the distance over the city without incident. The city would eventually give way too farmland and farmland too the forest. Roshi would stop at the edge of the forest taking a look around too get his bearings before moving on. The oni would stop frequently, so that he could keep his orientation. He would eventually land. "It is typically best too approach the smith from the ground since he doesn't like to get many visitors here." He would tell her as he pointed in the direction of the smith's hut, then he made a gesture to Fate go first. It was a calculated move too be sure, but he would be better off covering her with his rifle then on point.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:29 am

WTF Old Man! Fate_1

WTF Old Man!

After leaving the city and passing over the farm lands before getting into the forest. I keep up with Roshi, while Fay does her finger nails. Coming to the ground as Roshi does, both feet plant themselves in the underbrush. My eye scan the area as I'm told it is best to approach from the ground. I really wasn't sure why it mattered if we come from ground or air either way we would be just popping in on the guy if he doesn't like to get visitors. My face twist for a moment before I start to move forward through the very annoying brush. Good thing we're not trying to ambush someone down here. I stop for a moment when I hear something moving around. Looking around as I try to find it... till I see the small animals moving around in the dead leaves. "Stupid squirrels...." I start to move again ducking under small limbs and want not as we move through the woods. Why anyone would want to live out here is beyond me. I glance back at Roshi, "So you seen the Dark Smith before? What is he like and what about that Chimera he is said to have? Is there any truth in that rumor?"

WC: 210/1836
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:36 am

Roshi just gave a snicker. It seemed that Fate was a city girl, even if that city was Arden. He kept them moving through the underbrush. "Yeah, the rumor is true about that. Its meant mostly to guard him though. We won't be ending up fighting the thing most likely since we are just here to deliver a package for him, but he would make you fight the creature if you wanted to make use of his unique services." Roshi explained as the kept moving through the underbrush. They would eventually reach the clearing, with a small hut in the middle of it. Roshi would tell Fate to stop, and the reason he did soon became evident. The chimera with the head of a goat, dragon, and lion came into view as it stepped out from behind the hut. "Go say high too the kitty cat Fate. I'm sure he won't bite at all." He said.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 4:13 am

WTF Old Man! Fate_1

WTF Old Man!

I blink for a moment as Roshi tells me you have to battle the Chimera to use his services. I find this an odd way of doing business as chimera's are not known for being an easy push over in battle. Stepping out of the clearing I come to a stop when the three head beast comes out from behind the hut, "Look Fay, She has three heads like you!" I grin at my comment as Fay is still doing her nails. "I'm a lot more divine that she is though." Glancing back at Roshi, "I really hate cats. I wonder what is up with the goat head." My body starts to glow as I pull the sword free. Fay flies off my head to sit on Roshi's. "Don't mind me." A light dry spirit rain falls down over us as Fay powers me up. Not wasting any time I get to full strength and a halo of fire forms behind me. "Try not to shot me." There is a load sound as my body jets to god like speed as I run across the clearing to strike the Chimera with my sword.

WC: 193/2029
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 4:21 am

Roshi looked askance at Fate, who seemed quite the hot blooded young woman. He just gave a little sigh as he set the duffel bag down and retrieved his assault rifle. The click of metal told him that a fresh magazine was loaded into the machine and the safety was off. He braced the shoulder stock against his shoulder and got too one knee to take aim at the creature. The only thing he needed now was an opportunity to fire.

The goat head would blink in surprise at being attacked so suddenly, that Fate's first attack would take the creature by surprise. The slash would produce a deep wound across its torso causing it too bellow out in pain as the dragon's head instinctively snapped its jaws at Fate's head.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 4:39 am

WTF Old Man! Fate_1

WTF Old Man!

Seeing the dragon head trying to bit my head, my body leans back to avoid getting bit before it blinks and I'm on the side of the Chimera fling the heavy sword into a upwards slash with one hand like it is a paper weight. It surprises me a little that the Chimera was able to survive that first blow. Most thinking would have died from such a powerful strike and the face that is was able to take the hit and sill counter attack. The beast would have my full respect for being able to do something that I do not think I could have even done.

WC: 108/2137
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 4:45 am

The beast was upset that it hadn't ended the annoying threat of that golden headed girl. It would pull back away from the swinging blade allowing her too overextend herself, which it would take advantage of anyways by attempting to shower the girl with a cone of fire, or at least it would if the pop of gunfire and a fountain of blood erupting from the dragons hide hadn't interrupted it. Fate would notice that the wound she had inflicted earlier had closed a little bit. The Chimera would let out a ferocious roar and charge at Fate attempting to bury it underneath it with its weight.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 5:25 am

WTF Old Man! Fate_1

WTF Old Man!

Fay yells out to me, "You better end this soon. You're running out of time!" She taps at her wrist like she has a watch on.

Following the best with my eyes as it jumps back to evade the sword strike. I give it a bring on look when the it looked like it was going to blow fire on me till it gets caped in the dragon head a few times and blood shots out everywhere. The blade comes to my side as the beast roars before charge at me. I wait till it is almost on me before my hand come up in a fist to punch it in the face with my godlike strength to overpower it and hopefully knock the thing out.

WC: 126/2363
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 5:31 am

The beast would take the hit full on, buckling visibly under the pressure of the blow, yet it still remained standing. It would pivot on all fours, and the goat head would ram Fate inflicting some damage on her. The wounds inflicted by Roshi and Fate had regenerated even further then before, and the beast was pawing at the ground ready for another attack at Fate. "What is all this ruckus about?" A voice would call from inside the hut as a spirit covered in soot and sweat came out. "Somebody here too bond there weapon?" He asked looking at the two spirits. Roshi would just look over too Fate and let her speak as he flipped on the safety on his assault rifle.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 6:15 am

WTF Old Man! Fate_1

WTF Old Man!

Seeing the blow coming I ready myself as the goat head rams me and I slide me back from the blow. The blade come across me as I take the hilt with both hands. My feet start to shift and charge at the Chimera when a voice yells out from the hut. The blade returns to its normal size as I lower it when the Dark Smith come outside to meet us. Standing up right to face him I bow as I address the Dark Smith, "I apologies for any disturbance I may have caused you well testing your beautiful guardian. I have come to deliver a package at your request. I also hope you will be willing to bless me with you weapon craft skills."

WC: 126/2489
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 6:21 am

The smith scratched his head as it looked the golden haired girl up and down, then gave a nod of his head. "If you have a package to be delivered too me. You should have just said so. Kitty here was only defending me." He would say waiting to receive the package. The smith would sit down and wait for the package too be brought too him, and he would open up too view its contents. "Good, this should bring the charm up too one more final ingredient." He would say as he looked back up too Fate. "You said you wanted my smithy skills?"

Roshi at this time would stand back up and make his way over too Fate. He pointed the assault rifle down and listened too the conversation between the two of them.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 6:42 am

WTF Old Man! Fate_1

WTF Old Man!

Reaching into the pocket of my jacket I pull out the small box wrapped in a black cloth in my hand to give it Dark Smith. I watch as he opens the box to reveal the silver glass root inside resting on the soft padding. I blink for a moment as look at and wonder where in Onitoshi was there a silver glass tree to get a root from. Seeing him look at me with his question. I nod, "Yes I would. With this blade please." Holding up the cruse blade with its screaming dark aura, I offer it to him so I can work his craft on the dark blade.

WC: 111/2600
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 6:48 am

"Oh, one of those things." He would say taking the blade and examining it briefly before setting it aside. "Alright, I can inscribe that into your soul, but you need to pay me two thousand dollars first." He would say as he got up from where he was sitting and went into his hut. The smith would come back out with a set of needles and ink and beckoned her to come over too him. "Where do you want it?" He asked her, then he would start the mystical ritual of binding the blade too her very soul. "I've got a job for the two of you if you are interested." He would say after the ritual had been concluded.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 7:19 am

WTF Old Man! Fate_1

WTF Old Man!

A brow arks at the, Oh, one of those things. He makes it sound like there is a stash of cruse swords in the world and any time someone wants one all they have to go is beat up somebody to take if from. Reaching into the inside pocket of my jacket, I pull out a money clip and hand it over to him... there goes my life savings. My eyes follow him as he walks inside the hut then comes back out whit a needle and ink. When asked where I wanted it, I take off my jacket to set it down and pulling my tie free. I undo my vest and take it off setting it on top of my jacket. Then pull my shirt out to undue my paints pull them down to show my hip, "There." My eyes close and I try not twitch as the mark is etched into me. After he is done I redress myself. "If the pay is right, I'll do it... I don't do anything that has to do with kids or animals."

WC: 182/2782
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 7:29 am

The smith would pick up the money and begin counting it. "Of course I wouldn't imagine not paying you for the work you would do for me, and I wouldn't have offered this job too you if you hadn't seemed to be fighting my pet on even grounds." He pointed too the southeast "There is a beast out there called a griffin. I want you too bring back a chunk of its flesh for me. I need it as the final regent for my reedo charm. The charm itself is pretty powerful and will let you alter the laws of probability to an extent. You two can have them if it turns out too be successful, and if it doesn't then I'll do another dark bonding for you in the future." He explained as he stood up and gathered up his materials and entered his small little shack.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 7:44 am

WTF Old Man! Fate_1

WTF Old Man!

Fay had fallen asleep on top of Roshi's head while waiting for the Dark Smith to finish the binding ritual. Hearing the Dark Smith's request it didn't sound like a bad deal to myself. "Kill a flying lion bird.... doesn't sound too hard to me and either way we get some for killing it." I turn to look over a Roshi, "Well what do you think? Kill the bird and get something cool or call it a day and ditch this guy and go home?" I wasn't too sure how Roshi would feel about hunting a griffin but he is all into guns so I big game hunt should be right up his alley because that is the type of stuff that people like guns do isn't it....

WC: 128/2910
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a

^ Sent to UYB
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:54 pm

The dark smith just gave a snort of laughter if those two lived through the experience it would toughen them up considerably. Roshi gave a shrug of his shoulders as focused on the hut. "The dark smith's work is quite good, so the payoff can be quite worth it. It sounds like though that this would be particularly difficult job. I say go for it. The chance of getting a crafted item from him is too good too pass up." Roshi would say as he closed the distance between them. "So, I would be up for that." He said.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:31 pm

WTF Old Man! Fatefay

WTF Old Man!

Listening to Roshi talk about it being particularly difficult job. Putting my hands in my pockets as I snicker, "You really are old or you just been living with the humans for too long. It's just a little griffin, I passed bigger and meaner things on my way to work this morning." My feet lift off the ground, and I float past Roshi. "We better be going before you think the pixie sitting on your head is scary...." Fay holds her fingers up to look at her nails. "That is the wrong way..." A sweat bead draws on my face and I shift my angle form the a southwestern to a southeastern direction. Pulling a head from my pocket to wave. "We'll be back here in a little while with your griffin head Smithy." Fay flies up off Roshi's head to follow behind me as we start to make our way through the woods. "Hmm if I remember my lore right griffins nest in rocky areas and hunt large animals such as horses that stay in open valleys and grassland..."

WC: 180
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:57 pm

It seemed like Fate was overconfident in her abilities. Roshi would only give a shake of his head. You always used caution when dealing with an unknown enemy. He would give a slight shrug of his shoulders as he floated up into the air behind Fate, who would be chastised by going in the wrong direction. Roshi would give a little snigger at the exchange. "Seems like Fay is not the only one who has problems with directions." He said snickering once more. Roshi listened too Fay and gave a nod of his head. "Do you know how they attack their prey?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:20 am

WTF Old Man! Fatefay

WTF Old Man!

Turning to look back at Roshi, not paying any mind to his remark about my problems with directions. "They are birds of prey so they swop down attack from the air. If we couldn't fly they would be every hard to fight, but seeing that we can engage in aerial combat we'll be on equal ground. You going to be able to handle that weapon of your while flying at combat speeds ? Or are you too old for fighting like that?" I give him a slight grin at the tease. My concern was not with fighting the beast, that well be the easy part. I'm more focused on how to find one. I do not believe we will just happen to run into one by chance. No we will most likely have set a trap and lore it out of it hiding place. Or maybe we will have a little luck and find out where it is nesting... if I relayed on such things as luck anyways.

WC: 162/342
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:30 am

Roshi just gave a grin. "I can keep up with you youngin's just fine." He would say as he pulled ahead of Fate. The oni would keep silent about the overconfidence of the younger girl, but he would let her find out for herself how tough fighting a griffin would be. "I guess the hard part then will be finding one of them. You guys keep an eye out in the air, and I will keep an eye out on the ground." He would say figuring that finding the prey of the griffon would be the best chance of finding a griffon.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:17 am

WTF Old Man! Fatefay

WTF Old Man!

Fay laughs Roshi says he can keep up with youngin's finding the word funny she repeats it to herself a few times and laughs about it. I nod in agreement as Roshi seems to be thinking the same thing that I was thinking. "Indeed." Scanning the area over with my eyes as we fly through the air. I fell that do to my lack of my ability to sense things it would prove to not be much help with the thick woods below. Fay is still giggling at the youngin's thing rather than helping out with screech with her sensing skills that she is so well known for.

"Fay..."

"Yep?"

"You sense any griffons?"

She point her finger to her lip, "Hmm like the three that over that way?" She points to the east. Coming to a stop I look in the direction she is pointing in.

"How far away?"

"It is hard to say looks like they are heading to the cost."

"Roshi! Fay is picking something up to the east." I change my direction after informing Roshi of the findings. Even though with Fay it was a 50/50 chance of being right or wrong.

WC: 196/583
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:22 am

Roshi had his attention glued below him. He was searching for herd animals that would be the main prey of a griffin, but he had so far not found anything. His attention would turn away from that when Fate called out too him. "Alright!" He yelled back as he changed his direction and took off following her. They were headed towards the coast , which was unusual since the open grasslands was where their main prey roamed. "If they are headed too the coast. I wonder where they are headed, and what is our plan of attack?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:15 am

WTF Old Man! Fatefay

WTF Old Man!

I blink at the question of why they are handing too the coast. "It's there a lot of farmland and open plans between here in and the cost?" I glance of Fay to see if she was trying to play tricks again by making us go the wrong way and then leading us right back to where we started from. Seeing me looking at her Fay gives me a big grin. "I'm telling the truth this time! Look three spiritual signatures going leading this way..." I look at her closely as she points them out. "You know I can't see them so pointing them out isn't going to help any. You just better be right this time I don't feel like exploring the world today." She rubes the back of her neck and just gives a big grin.

WC: 138/721
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:25 am

Roshi just gave a little laugh. "I'm sure we can trust the pixie this time if not I know this place in the city that serves up a mean pixie roast." He would say teasing the Fae creature. He would glance down and flick the safety off of his rifle before turning his attention back too the girls. "It could be part of a seasonal migration for these yokai. I would guess they have vast tracks of territory that they travel across all over across with the herds that they hunt." He called back. "Should we form any kind of plan of how we are going too separate one out or are we going too take on all three?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:22 am

WTF Old Man! Fatefay

WTF Old Man!

Fay looks back over my shoulder at Roshi, "Pixie roast? Everyone knows eating a pixie is bad luck!"

"And they taste bad." I shift my attention a head of use as Roshi talks about migration of yokai or something like that and then asks about what kind of plan we going to use. After thinking it over I guess the normal kill them all and let god separate them out wasn't necessary seeing that we only needed the blood of one of them.... But how much blood did the Smith really need. Is he going to be able to make three of those with just one griffon or many he needs one for each coin or whatever it is making. "We'll split up when we find them. You take one of them out and I'll take on the other two of them. How is that for a plan?"

WC: 148/869
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:29 am

"Not much of one." He would say giving a shake of his head. "Okay, we will try it your way, but I am going to lodge a protest against it." Roshi said remembering that griffons were apex predators for a reason, and he was certain that Fate would come to understand that as well. She just needed to encounter the creature first hand too see why. "Fay how close are we now too the signatures?" He asked as he flicked on the laser pointer inside of his assault rifle, which would give him additional accuracy when it comes too firing his weapon.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:31 am

WTF Old Man! Fatefay

WTF Old Man!

Roshi doesn't seem to like the plain I have come up with but doesn't seem to offer a better one. "Hey if you don't like the answer. Then don't ask the question. If you have something better that tell us what it is."

When asked the question about how close we are to the signatures, Fay points her finger up into the air. "Above us...."

A two large griffon comes swooping down from the sun. They were using it to hide themselves. One attacks Fate and the other attacks Roshi with a strong bashing blow.

Getting plowed in the back my fast twist as I get hit by the large bird lion that puts it's claws into my back. Fay yips as she hangs onto me. Still being enhance by Fay's magic, the blow was not as bad as it could have been. Calling my blade into my hand and my body vanishes from under the griffon to appear right above it in my full form. My eyes narrow at the half eagle half loin Yokai The griffon take a blow from the heavy blade and calls out it's hard hide is cut.

WC: 193/1062
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:37 am

Roshi's head would whip up upon hearing that from Fay. They hadn't been vigilant enough, and they were now paying the price with this ambush. The oni would react purely on instinct and go into a dive picking up speed as he turned himself, so that he was looking back up at the beast. There was only a little bit of distance separating the two of them, which meant that his rifle would be able to hit the beast without much effort, but it also meant that the griffon was that much closer too him. He lifted up his rifle and gave off a small burst of fire, which ripped into the torso of the bird, causing a large and surprised squawk of pain from it. The bird would diverge its course and ascend up zig zagging back and forth, so that Roshi could not get a good lock on the beast.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 5:27 am

WTF Old Man! Fatefay

WTF Old Man!

Falling in a downward spin, the griffon try to get me with a few strikes of its claws but using my faster speed and dexterity against its large slower sized body. The strikes are blocked by the my blade making sparks fly off of it. I am kicked away from the griffon by its hind legs and builds a ball of lighting in its month. Wind element builds around the cursed blade as it charges to emit a wind blade as I slash at the griffon as it blast the lighting ball at me. The two elements clash and the lighting ball is overpowered by the slash of wind element and hits the griffon. With a flag of its wings it pulls up. My body gives off a dark aura as I do a inter chant of, "Dark Art of Summon, Warriors of Chaos." three shadow warriors from around the griffon to attack it with their sharp claws. They do little to hurt the griffon but give me the time to impel its wing with my blade and cut a gash out of it. With its wing slashed the griffon cries out as it starts to fall from the air. I watch as it crashes into the field that is below us.

WC: 212/1274
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 6:02 am

Roshi kept himself from firing anymore bullets since he wished too conserve ammo, and the griffin was at extreme range for his assault rifle anyways. He would slow his descent and come too a stop. The griffin that he had injured earlier had come back around building up a barrier of dark energy around its body as it picked up speed for another dive. He calmly raised up his firearm and unleashed a withering storm of hollow points which were not aimed at the torso like before. No, these were aimed at the wings of the creature and under that fire of bullets, the barrier would crack and shatter with the wing along with it. The creature even though it had a ruined wing rendering flight impossible would summon up the winds underneath it, allowing it too fly without its wings. The only thing Roshi had too say about that was "Crap."
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:51 pm

WTF Old Man! Fatefay

WTF Old Man!

Dust and dirt fly's up into the as the griffin plows into earth from the crash. I wait for just a moment to see if it'll get back up but after seeing no move moment in the dust cloud I assume it is either dead or knocked out from the crash. Either way it's ability to fly has been taken away from it for the time being. I Turn my attention to the gun fire to see if Roshi is in need of my assists. "Hey old man! That toy of yours just looks like it is pissing it off! You need some help with that thing?" I could not help but tease him about the use of the human mechanical weapon that he seems to be so fond of. It wasn't because I didn't see it as useful or anything but teasing a spirit about using one is just part of my charm.

WC: 154/1428
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 9:24 pm

"Psh, you just got the dumb one. This bird is actually using its brain!" He called back too her. His attention was quickly drawn back too griffon as it climbed into the air. It was obvious that the yokai was using magic too keep itself aloft, which meant that it was far slower then with its actual wings. Roshi offered a small prayer of thanks too the powers at be for that as he started tracking the animal with his rifle. He estimate where the griffon was going too be before letting out three quick bursts of hollow points into its flank. The animal did not look so great with the damage and blood loss starting too add up, and the latest burst attack had essentially turned it into a dead griffon flying. Roshi would just need too outlast any kind of death throes it would have.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 1:22 am

WTF Old Man! Fatefay

WTF Old Man!

I sticker at the subjection that I got a dumb one.... It is just a low level yokai how smart could it be. I watch him play around for a moment with the beast for a little while longer till my gaze shifts to the ground below when the dust cloud clears. The griffin was back on its feet and a ball of lightning was building in its mouth. My body turns to face the beast as the ball of lightning is projected at me. A sigh comes from my lips as I hold up my hand to block the ball of lightning with my palm. "Fay..." My body give off a firry glow as the little pixie looks down at the griffin and gives a nod when she cast her spell. A red orb of swirling fire energy the size of a basketball forms in my hand and is projected at the griffin. It is combined with two polar voids before it hits and crates a violent burst of energies to finish off the griffin.

WC: 176/1604
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 1:32 am

Roshi was playing keep away with the griffin, whose movements seemed to get more and more lethargic. It seemed to sense its coming demise and sought too put its final effort into taking out Roshi. The bird would surge up into the sky preventing the oni from firing on him, and that brought out a small curse from Roshi who would descend closer too the ground. He was hoping that more distance would act as a buffer when the bird made his attack, which was coming right that second. The bird was coming down in another diving attack, and it was gathering up wind energy. Roshi brought up his rifle and fired off a few shots, but the solid barrier of wind deflected them away from the griffin. It essentially left him with only one option, dodge.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:11 am

WTF Old Man! Fatefay

WTF Old Man!

"Alright!" Fay claps her hands then throws her arms into the air as she cheers. Looking over my shoulder to view Roshi once. He was still playing with the griffin. "Hey Fay. Didn't you say there was three of them?" Her cheering pauses for a moment as she thinks about. "Yeah there was." My green eyes start to scan the sky. "So where is it now?" Fay puts her hands behind her head and grins. "I made it think that its tail was on fire and it ran away." The sword in my head as put away and I take off my gloves, placing them into the inside pockets of my jacket. "I see." I being on my legs and cross them as if I am setting on the air. "You sure you don't need help Old Man?"

WC: 138/1742
WTF Old Man! Fate_3a
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:19 am

"It just doesn't want too accept its dead. Its more stubborn then the others." He would yell back as his concentration focused on the griffin that was steadily hurdling down at him. The rifle would come up and he would fire more shots at the griffins head, which would spark and deflect harmlessly off the barrier. It also blinded the griffin for the split second that it took the oni too dash away at the last minute. That left the griffon with only a nasty date with the ground as it slammed into it sending up a huge plume of dirt from the impact. "There that should have killed it." He said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WTF Old Man! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Old Man!   WTF Old Man! Empty

Back to top Go down

WTF Old Man!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RP Boards :: Earth :: The Deep-
Jump to: