Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shakedown (Jasper)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Shakedown (Jasper) Empty
PostSubject: Shakedown (Jasper)   Shakedown (Jasper) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 12:47 am

Debt collection, accounts payable, and payment acquisition are all sugar coated terms for shakedown. These terms were the ones I used when trying to come across as better than I really am. I work for a man named Jinto, he’s not the boss but he’s my boss. I’ve never met the big boss personally, and I don’t expect to anytime soon. I am what you would call a foot soldier or grunt in the organization; not quite middle management but one rung up from entry level. I’ve been working under Jinto for years now, since I was a kid trying to get some cash in my pocket. Over the years I earned some of the man’s trust and proved myself worthy to handle his money. Money is a funny thing, it can make men lose everything; I just happened to be the man taking it from them. A typical day in my line of work is pretty simple; I show up at various businesses who’ve arranged payment schedules with my employers to collect that week’s payment. Generally they know when I’m coming and they make sure to have the money ready. Of course there have been a few to think they are above the arrangements they agreed to, or those that come up short due to poor business. When that happens I am forced to bring out my not so pleasant side. I don’t like it when they force me to be gruff, but I know it is an important aspect of the job. In fact I was forced to become pretty mean just this morning. Han is a decent middle aged man who owns a dry cleaning business around the corner from my apartment. He’s had an account with my employers for a couple years now and until today he’s never come up short once. When I arrived this morning to collect I could see the fear on his face. Even before I bid him good morning I knew he was short. He tried to explain; tried to tell me that his daughter needed clothes and books for school. While I understand special circumstances like these as well as any other man, I couldn’t let my understanding take point. I had to explain to him, in direct and often harsh terms, that he made an agreement and was expected to uphold his end of said agreement by having the payment ready for me every week when I come to collect. Since this was his first offense I figured I could give him a bit of a break. He was only about a hundred short and I wouldn’t be delivering the days payments to Jinto until later this afternoon so I told him what time I would be back to get the rest of the money. Giving him five hours to come up with the hundred was reasonable, right? I thought so. So I went about my business for the rest of the morning. I was pleased that no one else was short or had gotten the idea in their head to refuse payment. All in all it was shaping up to be a good day. I enjoyed a nice lunch with Trinity and then headed back to the cleaners. Han was sweating bullets when I walked in the door. He hadn’t made the rest of the money yet. This was not good news. Sliding a hand down to rest on the hilt of the katana at my side, I shook my head and clicked my tongue at the man. After counting what little he had to offer, I honestly felt sorry for him, but knew better than to let that emotion show. He was now short by only seventeen. Such a shame to have to punish a good man over seventeen measly bills, but it’s my job. He knew the punishment and held out his hand, his pinky facing me. Until today any men who refused to pay or were drastically short lost this particular digit to the blade I carried, but could I really slice off a finger for this. It didn’t feel right to me so I found a suitable alternative. Reaching out with my hand, I took hold of the man’s pinky and jerked it roughly to the side. I could feel the bone crack beneath my grasp and saw the agony fill the face of the man who would be about my father’s age. Even while his features contorted under the pain, his teary eyes were looking to me with gratitude. He knew I had shown him mercy this day, a favor he wouldn’t soon forget.
771 words
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Shakedown (Jasper) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shakedown (Jasper)   Shakedown (Jasper) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 4:22 am

Updated.
Back to top Go down

Shakedown (Jasper)
Page 1 of 1