Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Uncle's Drop

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

The Uncle's Drop Empty
PostSubject: The Uncle's Drop   The Uncle's Drop EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 6:18 pm

The Uncle's Drop Seikibanner
Act 1
The sounds of the city surround me as the day lingers on; time seeming to take its sweet time in passing. I should probably be in school at this moment. If I continued to take too many days off this year, then it would be hard for me to pass come exit exams, but my current state of mind didn't care about such things. I had ditched in order to do something stupid, but since I didn't really care what happened to me much any more, it didn't really make a difference. After the death of my father, my father's side of the family never forgave my mother and I for our existence. My mother didn’t have any living relatives on her side of the family and with her illness leaving her bed ridden she was often an easy target for criticism and ridicule from my father’s side of the family. I knew that the stress was bad for her, even though she said it wasn’t. I wanted my mother to be as comfortable as possible so that she could recover, but I feared that her spirit was broken more than her body. That’s why when my eldest uncle told me that he would recognize my mother and I and forgive us for my father’s death if I did a few things for him, I jumped on the opportunity. I would prove myself to him, the family and ease the stress on my mother. If I could get their support again, I knew it would be better for her. I was dressed in my black school uniform, with the top button of the black jacket top (Gakuran) unfastened with one hand behind me, holding onto a small carrying case that rested against my back. The job I had today was simple. I had to pick up money from point A and deliver it to point B without asking any questions or seeing anything. I was told that the less I knew about what was going on, the better. I didn’t give a crap either way, so long as it made my uncle appreciative, as I believed he would stick to his word and help out my mother. After this, I might return to school depending on the time and if I felt like it. At a casual stroll, I turn down an alleyway in the Lower Commons, normally a rough place, but generally at night. Broad daylight wasn’t so bad. Gauging my surroundings, I figure that I must be close to the place. I continue to progress down the alleyway passing a landmark graffiti symbol on the wall. The alley was narrow enough so that a car would barely fit into it, but ran the span of a city block. At the end of it, another larger building cut off the exit. Above, the tall buildings tops tower about three or four stories up with an assortment of fire escapes and such lining the upper walls. Down below, on my level, several doors line the walls belonging to the various buildings on either side with trash bins and crates scattered about. I was looking for a door in particular that was supposed to be white with a small red “X” in the upper right corner blended into the brick. I would find the drop area near there. Walking at a stroll, I look at the doors as I pass by them getting deeper into the alleyway. I notice a white door as I approach. My gaze shifts up and I see the red X and hidden over to the side. Reaching the door, I knock on it twice. A large man opens the door, looks me over, shoves an envelope in my chest and tells me to get lost. With that, the door closes, and I look down at the envelope that I hold against my chest with my left hand. “Tsk, whatever,” I murmur as I figure I got what I came for. Now that I had this, I could drop it off and go about my business. I take a few steps back away from the door and look in the direction from which I had come. With a soft sigh, I gaze upwards and peer at the clouds just behind the ravine of buildings. Thinking on it, I was a bit hungry as well, since I had missed breakfast this morning. I had to be out of the house in time so that I could pretend as if I were going to be in attendance so that my mother wouldn’t be worried. I had made it to homeroom in time, but I would probably be missing lunch as well. I didn’t actually care too much about lunch, since it was always awkward. Since I kept to myself, I often ate alone either at my desk or in the cafeteria. I would notice others grouped together, talking and enjoying each other’s company, but for some time now I had excluded myself from such fraternizing and thus I felt as if I stood out in a negative manner. I had a lot on my plate and I didn’t want to add social interaction in that, since many things that members of my peer group did were deemed annoying to myself. I take the envelope and stuff it into my front pocket before I start walking once more, heading back the way I had come. The street approaches, as I make my way near the exit of the alleyway, not necessarily in a suspicious manner, since what I was doing wasn’t that big of a deal to me. As far as I was concerned, I was simply doing a favor for my uncle. My gaze is down in my own thoughts as I walk, unaware of the presence leaning against the wall that was awaiting me.

+ 1 JC
+ 721 EXP

Last edited by escalation on Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

The Uncle's Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Uncle's Drop   The Uncle's Drop EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 2:07 am

The Uncle's Drop Seikibanner
Act 2
It would seem that there was someone already waiting for me as I make my way towards the mouth of the alley. The figure reaches forwards and snatches at the back of my uniform while pushing a gun to the back of my head. I can hear a voice as it speaks in a calm manner telling me not to get any funny ideas. Unfortunately, it was a bit late for that. My walking posture had not changed as I had exited the alleyway. I found myself held up rather roughly by the back of my uniform with the barrel of a gun pressed against my head. It was enough to startle me at first, but I was never one to get too riled up. Keeping one’s composure was the difference between life and death; a lesson that sifu had drilled into my head as a child. I was either being mugged, or arrested. Since I didn’t have a record or anything, I figure that I was probably being mugged or manipulated by someone who was against my uncle. I should have expected that things wouldn’t be easy. I was at a huge disadvantage being caught off guard. Through the years I’ve found that the best time to interrupt someone is when they’re in the middle of talking, since their focus is on completing their sentence. While the deep voice was speaking in the middle of his sentence, my body shifts downward and to the side as I use my the bag in my right hand, that was casually positioned behind my shoulder up until now, to push beneath his arms. I use it’s solid mass and weight as a safe object to push up and away from the shifting lean of my body to compromise the hold and break the position of the gun, so that if it fired, it would be past the right side of my head. The bag drops and in this same motion, my body turns as my fist curls to enter into his stomach. After a quick strike to the stomach, I wrap my arm about the male and press my elbow into his chest. The male falls back as I control his weight and I follow him down planting a lucky punch on his chin, thus temporarily knocking him out. My breath is heavy after the strike as I stay in the after punch position for a moment. Rising up, I have no idea who the man is as I give him a good looking over. It was no use to stay here, so I quickly crouch to get my things together. With my papers gathered and place back into their case, I stand up and place the case back in its casual position over my shoulder in my right hand as I walk away from the scene.

“I’m home,” I say softly as I walk through the front door of my house with a paper bag of groceries in my arm. I crouch and sit it down before sitting my school bag down as well. I untie my shoes and stand back up, picking up the bag of groceries as I step into my house shoes. I begin to make my way towards the kitchen. I hear movement and see my mother entering into the room, standing in her robe. She stops at the doorframe and leans against it. With a frown, I set the groceries on the table and murmur, “you’re supposed to be laying down.” She holds her hand over her leather eye patch that covered an injury she got when she was younger. I’ve never seen under it, but I was told it was a burn of some type. The strands of her blonde hair cover her fingers covering them in a wispy manner. “Hush,” she answers sternly before asking, “School’s out already.” While walking through the kitchen and putting away the food, I answer, “seniors get out early sometimes.” I look towards the counter and see a tray of tea. “Your uncle stopped by,” my mother answers without me asking. I answer, “mmh” with a nod and it is left at that. Walking to her, I hand her a small bottle and say, “I brought your medicine.” She steps forwards and places her hand on my forehead, brushing my bangs to the side and kissing me on my forehead and then hugs. She takes the bottle and looks at it then says, “is everything going okay with you?” I shrug as I back away and go to collect the trash, “everything’s fine.” She kind of nods and watches my movements. “Excuse me…” I say softly as she steps back and I move to set the trash by the door. “I’m going out later,” I inform her, since I had to speak to my uncle and possibly make the drop. She nods, still looking at me. With a sigh, she turns and walks back to her room, holding her robe about her. I stand in the hallway for a moment before my gaze shifts to the side where my father’s picture sat on a small counter. Why did things have to turn out this way?

+ 1 JC
+ 616 EXP

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

The Uncle's Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Uncle's Drop   The Uncle's Drop EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 4:42 am

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Uncle's Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Uncle's Drop   The Uncle's Drop Empty

Back to top Go down

The Uncle's Drop
Page 1 of 1