Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stealing Request

Go down 
+5
Psi Prince
aѕceпxion
LittleMariko
яuиє
ShinTre_Admin
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Stealing Request - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 2:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

You can steal in normal RPs or in various job quests, it all depends on the situation. If you want to steal from an NPC, then the scenario needs to be approved (i.e. it's got to make sense) as well as what you're trying to steal. For example, there's no reason for a wealthy man to be walking through the Lower Commons with a pocket full of money in ballroom attire. And if someone was dumb enough to do that, you wouldn't be the only person to notice said situation and the whole hood would get shot up with people fighting over the right to steal from him.
Getting the situation approved is pretty easy. Post here saying "does this make sense" and explain it and what you're looking to steal. Just because someone attempts to steal in an RP, it does not mean that they will successfully steal an item or items. Thus the introduction of randomness and board based dice rolls which is step 2.

Thievery, Drops and Treasures
Last Updated: June 2010

Stealing Request - Page 2 Stealoff
Anyone on the site can steal and there are various different ways of coming across things that you did not buy. For instance, a person could beat up someone and take their money; that's perfectly normal. Or a thief could try to pick someone's pocket in passing. Once again, something perfectly normal.

Then there's break ins and robberies, etc. Of course, those who steal often are better thieves than someone who does not. Thievery is a job listed in odd jobs. Normally members can only steal once a job quest or rp.

You can steal in normal RPs or in various job quests, it all depends on the situation, be it against a member or an NPC. If you want to steal from an NPC, then the scenario needs to be approved (i.e. it's got to make sense). For example, there's no reason for a wealthy man to be walking through the Lower Commons with a pocket full of money in ballroom attire. And if someone was dumb enough to do that, you wouldn't be the only person to notice said situation and the whole hood would get shot up with people fighting over the right to steal from him. If its something simple, like you try to pick someone's pocket in a crowd to get their pocket money, then that seems more likely, or if you're strong and you kill someone and take their weapon, etc. This also works for 'finding' items and drops.

Getting the situation approved is pretty easy. Post on the stealing request board saying "does this make sense" and the mod will either laugh, say, 'that's fine,' or help you edit the scenario a bit. Just because someone attempts to steal in an RP, it does not mean that they will successfully steal an item or items. Thus the introduction of randomness and board based dice rolls!

What can I Steal?

A thief can attempt to steal up to $5,000 worth of items within his/her job quests (5 per week). Crime and Civil Safety job types are able to attempt to steal twice a week. People with other jobs are able to attempt to steal once a week. What a person is able to take depends on the situation they are setting up to get approved. It also depends on the skill level of the thief. When attempting to steal, what you can steal needs to be approved much like the scenario, so it's best to request both at the same time. Shop items or random amounts of money (on average around $300 more or less) are normal to be requested. But if the scenario doesn't make sense, then it will be denied. You can't steal a helicopter from a toddler and your character has no experience in flying anything, etc.

Random Roll OutcomesThe dice controls your outcome
!
RP as normal up to the point where you are going to steal and then roll the dice, OR roll the dice in advance and work your RP around the outcome that it gives. Once you have your outcome, you must continue or complete the RP or you will be unable to use the thieving system in the future. So you can't just NOT go on with your outcome if you don't like it. If you are arrested in your storyline and it's about stealing then you pay a fine equal to twice what you were trying to steal and continue on with your life. If you can't pay it, you'll have negative money credited on your bio for when you do make up the debt.

Normal A skill level that most everyone starts off as and will remain unless they proceed through the Thief or Crime job roles.
Specialized Classifies what type of thievery a person excels at. Each Skill Set requires 15 JC to move to the next level in it. You can learn any Skill Set and progress through their levels at anytime, BUT the job quests used to gain the JC have to be related to the Skill Set your working towards. If you're working on pick pocketing, then that's what you will have to be doing in your jobs, etc.
People with the odd job of Thievery are able to unlock all levels of a skill set. Those in Crime are limited to Level 2.

Skill Set 1 - Pick pocketingLevel 1
Level 2
Level 3
Skill Set 2 -
Robbing
Level 1
Level 2
Level 3
Skill Set 3 -
Burglary / Heisting
Level 1
Level 2
Level 3

» Level 0 Roll Outcomes
(Normal/Non Specialized)
1: Failure, perfect conditions (i.e. you mess up the steal, but are not caught or contested)
2: Success, broken condition (i.e. you steal, but the item does not work, is worthless, or is destroyed in the process)
3: Success, confused condition (i.e. it's not what you thought you were stealing. A manager informs you of what you got)
4: Success, stressed conditions (i.e. you steal, but you are caught doing it and contested)
5: Success, poor conditions (i.e. you steal, but are injured by the victim or surroundings, arrested, lose something, or die)
6: Failure, poor conditions (i.e. you mess up the steal and something bad happens, like arrest, injury, or death)
7: Success, perfect conditions (i.e. you're not caught stealing, or you are uncontested in the steal)
8: Failure, stressed conditions (i.e. you mess up the steal and you are caught doing it and contested)
9: Failure, stressed conditions (i.e. you mess up the steal and you are caught doing it and contested)
10: Failure, stressed conditions (i.e. you mess up the steal and you are caught doing it and contested)

» Level 1 Roll Outcomes
1: Failure, perfect conditions (i.e. you mess up the steal, but are not caught or contested)
2: Success, broken condition (i.e. you steal, but the item does not work, is worthless, or is destroyed in the process)
3: Success, confused condition (i.e. it's not what you thought you were stealing. A manager informs you of what you got)
4: Success, stressed conditions (i.e. you steal, but you are caught doing it and contested)
5: Success, poor conditions (i.e. you steal, but are injured by the victim or surroundings, arrested, lose something, or die)
6: Failure, poor conditions (i.e. you mess up the steal and something bad happens, like arrest, injury, or death)
7: Success, perfect conditions (i.e. you're not caught stealing, or you are uncontested in the steal)
8: Success, stressed conditions (i.e. you steal, but you are caught doing it and contested)
9: Failure, stressed conditions (i.e. you mess up the steal and you are caught doing it and contested)
10: Failure, perfect conditions (i.e. you mess up the steal, but are not caught or contested)

» Level 2 Roll Outcomes
2: Success, stressed conditions (i.e. you steal, but you are caught doing it and contested)
5: Success, broken condition (i.e. you steal, but the item does not work, is worthless, or is destroyed in the process)
8: Success, stressed conditions (i.e. you steal, but you are caught doing it and contested)
9: Failure, perfect conditions (i.e. you mess up the steal, but are not caught or contested)
10: Failure, perfect conditions (i.e. you mess up the steal, but are not caught or contested)

» Level 3 Roll Outcomes
2: Success, perfect conditions (i.e. you're not caught stealing, or you are uncontested in the steal)
4: Success, perfect conditions (i.e. you're not caught stealing, or you are uncontested in the steal)
5: Success, broken condition (i.e. you steal, but the item does not work, is worthless, or is destroyed in the process)
9: Failure, perfect conditions (i.e. you mess up the steal, but are not caught or contested)
10: Success, perfect conditions (i.e. you're not caught stealing, or you are uncontested in the steal)

To clarify:
Failure means you botch the stealing attempt. You do not receive the item you're trying to get. Success means that you've succeeded in the stealing process. The conditions are a guideline for the scenario that may occur after a steal attempt. You may be stealing and get interrupted by a polar bear or a brick might fall on you if its a stressed scenario... you're able to use your imagination a little bit with it. The steps
are:
Request approval of the scenario and the thing being stolen
If approved, roll for the outcome
Complete the RP and send to updates

Last edited by ShinTre_Admin on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net

AuthorMessage
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Number of posts : 3978
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 1:23 am

Scenario: During his stroll through the giant forest, Nova encounters a bandit and engauges in a fight with said bandit. Taking a fancy to the bandits weapon, a Katana, Nova desires to take it and if the weapon survives the battle he intends to take the weapon for himself.
Target Item: Katana
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry

Number of posts : 6937

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 1:32 am

Go for it.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 1:56 am

Stealing Roll!
Back to top Go down
GameMaster
Intern

Number of posts : 321
Rep! : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 1:56 am

The member 'яuиє' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Stealing Roll' : 1
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Rep! : 82

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 1:58 am

Stealing Roll!!
Back to top Go down
GameMaster
Intern

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 1:58 am

'Stealing Roll' : 5
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 6:32 pm

Going with the same kind of generic encounter as before, typical rpg style, lol. Random Encounters ftw. But this time, I would like to steal some Kakuhan ^-^
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Rep! : 110

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Go for it.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 6:45 pm

m035 Please be nice dice roll.
Back to top Go down
GameMaster
Intern

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 6:45 pm

'Stealing Roll' : 4
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 4:35 pm

Sha sha, another one of these, this time... I would like to steal another katana please.. Same type of encounter as before, nothing fancy.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:36 pm

knock yourself out
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:23 pm

m014
Back to top Go down
GameMaster
Intern

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:23 pm

'Stealing Roll' : 8
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:29 pm

m014
Back to top Go down
GameMaster
Intern

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:29 pm

'Stealing Roll' : 1
Back to top Go down
Strayed
Intern
Strayed

Male
Number of posts : 401
Rep! : 4
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:17 am

Jacks in Club Hype he's gonna try to pickpocet some poor sap for drinking and gabbling moneh Stealing Request - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:36 am

That should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Strayed
Intern
Strayed

Male
Number of posts : 401
Rep! : 4
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:44 am

and the roll is...
Back to top Go down
GameMaster
Intern

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:44 am

The member 'Strayed' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Stealing Roll' : 6
Back to top Go down
Datorru
Veteran
Datorru

Male
Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Stealing a forest ninja lord's sword (Mabushiiken)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 5:42 pm

Double checked with Surreal, you have to be approved before you can roll. This should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Datorru
Veteran
Datorru

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 5:49 pm

Alright then lets roll!!!
Back to top Go down
GameMaster
Intern

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 5:49 pm

The member 'Datorru' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Stealing Roll' : 2
Back to top Go down
Datorru
Veteran
Datorru

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 8:51 pm

second roll for Item For I am thief and get 5

Results of first roll is being rped out. and results of this roll shall be added
Back to top Go down
GameMaster
Intern

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 8:51 pm

The member 'Datorru' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Stealing Roll' : 4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Request   Stealing Request - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stealing Request
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2