Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Through Fire and Flame

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Through Fire and Flame Empty
PostSubject: Through Fire and Flame   Through Fire and Flame EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 10:12 pm

Adrian stood there, his sword drawn back. His stance was his favored one, his sword up over his head. His arms were tucked in, his blade raised to eye level, the tip pointing at his opponent's feet. His feet were together in a forty-five degree angle, his legs straight. His dark hair flailed in the wind as he watched his opponent.

They were once again in the dojo of the university, Satsu standing there watching him. Adrian hadn't come to any of the Kendo club meetings, since they had last seen one another, but he didn't care. He had perfected his swordsmanship and wouldn't hold back. They waited patiently as Adrian grinned almost evilly.

"You really need to come visit the club. You never know what you're missing out on. Captain's pretty damned awesome." Satsu said, letting his vision tunnel.

"You say that now. But see what I have in store. Seven bright stars in the sky I see, seven for those that watch over me. Shine forth your light and protect me." Adrian said, watching Satsu's blade come in.

Adrian didn't blink as he turned his head with the blow lightly. The metal scraped against the skin of his cheek, but it did no real damage. Adrian felt much more comfortable with the shield now and was able to summon it quickly. It was his magic that he loved greatly, though it wore him out to do so, in a short amount of time.

Turning with the blow he brought the metal broadsword around in a swift strike. He slapped the flat of the blade across Satsu's wrists, the samurai in training grunting as he dropped the blade he held. Adrian quickly reversed direction, bringing his sword up quickly, stopping just short of his friend's neck.

The two of them laughed lightly as they backed away from one another. Adrian saw the wheels turning in Satsu's head as the two of them once again took their favored stances. They watched one another their vision tunneling their training working great. Against a single opponent this was how you won a duel. But they had never fought multiple opponents.

"So what did you do before? My sword never would have touched you otherwise. Cast a magick spell?" Satsu asked, grinning half heartedly.

"And if I did? I taught my class how to cast a defensive spell, so who cares if I use it here?"

"I see. Then I'll just have to use my own magicks."

At this adrian's stance faultered, his blade coming down as his vision returned to normal with some effort. His dearest friend had been practicing magick?

"Since when do you know magick?" Adrian asked.

"Oh, you're not the only one that knows people that can cast spells. But I'll admit I don't know your spell there. What's it do?" Satsu asked, relaxing as well.

"All I know right now is a defensive spell. But I'm working on mastering it that way it'll come every time I need it at full power." Adrian responded.

(506/500)
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Through Fire and Flame   Through Fire and Flame EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 10:41 pm

"So what kind of magick is it, Adrian? I've never heard that chant before at the club." Satsu said, smiling.

"Club? The Kendo club?" Adrian asked, not answering the first question.

"You wont get out of it that easy. No. I would never cheat at Kendo by using magick. It's the Magic User's Club. Everyone thinks we're a bunch of D&D freaks, or Perry Hotter fans. We actually study the practical abilities of magick. For example, I seem to suck at Iyce but my Fyre is pretty strong." Satsu explained as they sat there, drinking from their respective water bottles.

"So you mean that there's a club and everything just for magick? Cool. Where do I sign up?" Adrian asked.

If it truely were a real club of people like him that could use real magic, then the he could use it to practice his own spell, or maybe even master more of them. And unlike the Kendo club this was something he was truely interested in. Kendo was only something that he was only interested for the style of combat. Anyone that saw his stance might assume he knew and practiced it. But he practiced it very rarely.

"Well Professor Suzuhara is the club professor, though she hardly ever shows. She only appears when someone needs something." Satsu said.

This was a shock. All this time that Adrian has known Akiko Suzuhara she had never know that the woman had an interest in Magick. But that would explain why the professor had seemed not so taken aback by the spell he'd cast in class. For all she knew it could have blown up the school. Unless she knew what it was!

"Dammit... All this time and she knew! She knew! Dammit, I should have figured it out." Adrian muttered.

"You didn't know? She's like our magick instructor. Sometimes I can't help but feel like I'm in a freaking fantasy novel in class. She knows it like she's been practicing it for centuries, or something. I mean she's like Merlin to our Arthur!" Satsu said.

The dark haired kendo club member knew Adrian would put that analogy together pretty fast. And Adrian was doing just that. He had just learned that he had taken his professor far too lightly. He had to be way more careful around her now. She had just proven herself to be a major obstical if she chose to be one.

"Oh well." he said, putting on his best fake smile.

"Well then, I guess I'll see you at the next meeting. What do you wanna do now?" Satsu wondered.

"Well where do you guys meet?" he asked.

"Well we usually get together outside the dojo here and then go to the western woods, to practice our spells where it's safe. But just on the edge and for an hour or two. It's pretty good, I can summon a fireball pretty quick."

"Dude, believe me, the western woods are anything but safe. The deeper you go the more dangerous they are." Adrian countered.

(507/500)
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Through Fire and Flame   Through Fire and Flame EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 12:11 am

"Well I guess you would know. Your story about the werewolf was pretty detailed. But there's no way you got attacked by a real one!" Satsu said.

"Fine! Think what you want, it's not up to me to convince you. If you don't want to listen to me, then you're on your own." the master swordsman said, shrugging.

The two of them just watched one another almost angrilly before they began laughing hard. They were true friends. Capable of fighting to the bitter end but still staying friends the whole time. They had been dear friends since they were children, but even Satsu couldn't tell Adrian what had happened to his family.

"Alright. Let's see how your shield fares against my fireball, you dick. I bet my fireball tears right through your shield like tissue paper!" Satsu said, standing.

Adrian just shook his head as he stood, moving to stand against the far wall. Trial by fire, he guessed. There wasn't likely to be another shot if the two of them weren't careful. They waited, each watching the other patiently. Adrian breathing slowly, in through his nose, then out though his mouth. He relaxed and just grinned as he began drawing on the mana around him. He felt it flood him, and vanish. It was there yet it wasn't. It was all around him, yet it was him. It flowed through his very being as if he had been made of it, completely.

"The fires of evil, come forth and burn my enemies!" Satsu said, his hand thrusting out.

"Seven bright stars in the sky I see, seven for those that watch over me, shine forth and protect me." Adrian said just as strong, his eyes narrowing.

The two of them stared at one another as the fireball shot forward, slamming against Adrian's shield. Adrian stepped back his eyes narrowing as he shot forward. He drew his sword, back his eyes widening when he saw Satsu's sword slash out, fire swirling around it. He leaned back, wincing as the burning blade passed by him, his flesh turning red quickly.

"FUCK!" he shouted, leaping back.

"Sorry. But I thought your shield was up!" Satsu said, smiling at him. "I guess you've never seen a combination attack. It's basicly a fireball spell that encircles my sword. It basicly extends my blade by another few feet, using heat. But I've seen people literally cover their hands in rocks and use them as weapons. There are all sorts of magical combinations. You'll have to find one for yourself, so you don't miss out on anything! I'd hate for a demon to take you out because you're not good enough!"

"Not good enough? You dick!!" Adrian nearly shouted.

Adrian suddenly brought his blade around, pressing it hard against his opponent's gut, grinning almost evilly as he held it there for a moment. His eyes narrowed as he shook his head, he knew he'd won. His friend had in fact caught him off guard and if he wasn't willing to take every lesson he came across as a learning experience he was going to end up in a body bag very quickly.

"Hey call me a dick if you want. But you're the one refusing to learn from your mistake!" Satsu said, grinning.

"I never said I wouldn't learn from it. It just means I'll have to push a lot more power into my shield, so you can't kick my ass!" Adrian said, grinning as they relaxed. "You're just lucky I was here. My shield stopped you from burning the place down. You're gonna have to work on your control if you don't want to burn your dojo up. After all, your little captain wouldn't like that."

"Yeah right! You could never beat me any way. And you'll have to work hard to beat my skills. Your shield isn't strong enough to stop me completely. So don't even think you're going to get away with being this weak." Satsu countered.

(664/500)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Through Fire and Flame   Through Fire and Flame EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 3:06 am

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Through Fire and Flame   Through Fire and Flame Empty

Back to top Go down

Through Fire and Flame
Page 1 of 1