Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Div(12)y Up - First Day

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Div(12)y Up - First Day Empty
PostSubject: Div(12)y Up - First Day   Div(12)y Up - First Day EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 6:43 pm

Div(12)y Up - First Day Kyrobanner
The sound of an alarm clock buzzes lightly to the side of my bed. Morning light begins to filter in through the shades as they automatically open up in front of window on the far wall. My body stirs lightly before I sit up in the bed, my upper body lingering over my lap as my head tilts down. The fingers of my right hand lifts to wipe the crust from my eyes and then my head rocks back and I look to the window to the side before turning to the night stand and pressing the snooze on the alarm clock. With that, I pull the covers from over me and exit the bed. The bed is quickly made and I make way into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

Today I would be reporting in my first day with Division 12, so I assumed it would be an orientation of some type. After I get ready and dressed for the day, I make sure to leave a day’s worth of food for the small kitten and roommate, Little Ghost. With that, I exit the apartment and proceed to make my way downstairs so that I could go to the bus stop. When I get downstairs, an odd scene greets me. A familiar black sedan is parked in the front parking lot of the apartment complex. I pause for that moment as I wonder how Tre’s car got here. The door to the passenger side opens and the man from the Division 12 office who claimed to have been partners with my father steps out. He stands up, dressed in a pair of khaki pants, a white collared shirt, brown suspenders with his chest holders on stuffed with two pistols and a pair of dark aviator shades on his face. The blonde mustached man approaches me with his right arm slightly raised and a pair of keys held in his hands. Not sure what to make of it, my hand instinctive opens and the keys fall into them as the man greets, “good morning. I took the liberty of bringing your car to you since you didn’t have one.” I begin, “But I don’t have a…” He corrects, “You didn’t until now.” Taking a somber tone, he admits, “Your friends, the ones you described to me in your story. They were all pronounced dead at the scene. I’m sure this is no shock seeing the amount of lead they took in. We contacted the families and Tre’s mother wanted us to crush the car. Something about it bringing bad memories. I think if he were your pal, he would want you to have it. Plus, it’s a nice car. It would be a waste to turn it into scrap metal.” The man reaches into his back pocket and pulls out a roll of papers, which he also hands to me. These are the funeral arrangements from the families in case you want to attend.” I take the papers, looking down at them, before looking back up to the male. The police sure were resourceful about trivial things. “Well, get in,” he motions to the car, “you’re driving. I know you have a license, even though it’s up for renewal with your next birthday. We’ll talk while we ride around a bit.” I frown, standing there. The way he made sure to exert his knowledge of me was starting to work on my nerves, but I would not show any outward indication of this other than my usual generally displeased visage. “Well, come on. You’re on the clock starting now,” he coaxes as he gets into the passenger side. Looking over Tre’s car, I wondered if this was really okay. I make my way around to the driver’s side and open the door. I get into the car and start the engine while adjusting the seats and mirrors. As I do this, the detective type reaches into his front pocket for a packet of cigarettes. In a side manner, I state without looking, “Please, no smoking in my car.” He pauses and looks at me, before a grin cracks his lips and he starts laughing. Shaking his head, he puts the pack back and makes himself comfortable in the passenger seat. Still unsure of this male’s name, I request, “and how should I refer to you?” He answers, “just call me McGrady for now.” That was simple enough. Putting the car into gear, I proceed to the exit of the parking lot as I inquire, “Where are we going? To the Metro?” He shakes his head and waves dismissively, “no no, nothing like that. Just drive around, say the Lower Commons, and then East City. You can say we’re on patrol if you want.” With a nod, I turn the steering wheel as if taking a driver’s exam, obviously uncomfortable in a car I’ve never driven before, and pull out of the parking lot.

It didn’t seem as if I needed to talk. The man with me seemed to have no problem being social and holding a conversation. The question seemed as if it would be more of if there would be any moments of silence while in his presence. At first, he speaks about sports and things of a casual nature, but eventually I ask the question that would lead to my clarification: “what is it that I am supposed to do.” With that, he actually pauses for a moment and then grins as he leans back, gazing out of the side window. “What we all do,” he says, “what your father did. Protect the public from harm.” Cynically I remark, “That didn’t seem to work out too well for him and my mother.” The officer with me nods and admits, “That might be true. It was a tragedy.” His voice trails off with that and the silence that I didn’t think would come came. His voice picks up as he speaks as if remembering something, “training! You’re training will be starting soon. I can already assume you’re pretty good with guns given your… former occupation. But we’ve got special training for our operatives.” In my mind, I sarcastically think “joy” to this. It would be an excuse to work me to death. If I were to train, I would much rather train myself on my own than be drilled by a jarhead from the force. Out of the blue, he asks me a question, “do you believe in Ghosts?” Not sure where that came from I answer, “do I look like a child?” He nods and leaves it at that before he smiles a bit and comments, “you should be more child-like starting now.” I look over to him, but nothing more is said on that topic. Things return to normal as we continue to patrol around the city for seemingly no reason. 1147

Add Vehicle to Bio “Four Door Black Sedan” ($225)

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Div(12)y Up - First Day   Div(12)y Up - First Day EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 7:03 pm

Div(12)y Up - First Day Kyrobanner
The days that come to pass find themselves doing so very quickly as my life suddenly goes from casual to busy in a short length of time. I find that the most time consuming portion of the change in schedule would have to be the fact that I now had been working 40 hour a week, 8 hours a day, for the Division 12 organization. With that, the word ‘work’ would have to be used loosely, as it would seem that the job was working me more so than I was working the job. The days were filled with much physical training, as much I would assume is needed for someone to become a ‘super cop.’ I appreciated that it was great I was getting in this training, but the only bad thing was that I was not already in the shape to begin this training that I would assume someone who applied for Division 12 would be in; thus it was hard for me to even keep up with the rookies that had joined around the same time as I.

In the training camp, held in a gym-like area within the Division 12 building, I often found myself both lagging behind the other new recruits and the object of unwanted attention and reticule from the drill sergeant. The workload was so much on me that I did not find myself having the time to remember that this was not actually something that I voluntarily signed up for. Aside from working out, there were also hand to hand combat training that consisted of the basic punch, kick, throw techniques. In that sense, I felt that I had a vague understanding of what it meant to be drafted into the army due to my situation. I worked during the day, then returned home in the evening to find myself spent and only wanting to get as much rest as I could before the next day forced itself onto my un-wanting form in a manner of temporal rape.

After three weeks had passed by I had not done anything that I thought my job description would have warranted for, but luckily there is a break in our work out regime and I am called to one of the labs of Division 12.

The sounds of my boots are muffled as they press repeatedly against the carpeted floor of the Division 12 building as I make my way down a hallway in the labyrinth of an office building. I am dressed in a gray shirt with “Div12” written on the right chest area in a pair of black cargo pants with a black leather belt tied about my wait. My hair is pulled back into a ponytail with my front bangs hanging on either side of my face, shifting softly with my steps. Soft aches echo about my body from the prior weeks workouts, but by this time, I had learned to live with them without complaint. My gaze shifts around this new area of the building in which I navigate as I follow the memorized directions to the laboratory to which I was supposed to be heading. One thing that I felt was odd was that Division 12 had a totally different building from the normal police and I had not expected there to be this many members in it. I would have assumed it was a small task force of the same guys, but from what it looked like, they could deploy several forces at one time if needed. My gaze finds a red door leading into the interior or central area of the building and I come to a stop in front of it. Reading the digital nameplate on the door, I confirm that this is the correct room. My hand raises and knocks on it several times before I hear a voice call, “enter” from the inside. With that, I open the door and walk in.

As I walk in, I notice a familiar figure from before as it was the blonde woman that I assumed tended my wounds when I had first come here. Her back is to me while she stands with her arms folded looking into a series of tanks large enough to hold a few people. These tanks are set up within the center of the room. Her gaze shifts to the side only to look at an illuminated clock on the wall, before she makes a “hmph” sound and looks back into the empty tanks. “I’m on time,” I assure her standing near the light of the open door. “I didn’t ask you,” she retorts as he lifts a hand and motions for me to near then points to the tanks. “What do you see in there?” she requests of me. Closing the door to the room as I am beckoned, I take a few steps into the interior of the room. It was mostly dark with dim lights over important areas where reading materials were. The lightings around the large glass tanks themselves gave off almost a green glow as if in a science fiction novel or something, but in regards to the contents of the tanks, I did not readily see anything there. I come to her side with my gaze forwards on the same things that she is looking at, as I answer, “nothing. Air maybe? Or is this some type of experimental bacteria?” She sighs standing with her arms folded and reaches her right hand for her glasses, pulling them off and rubbing her eyes slightly. “You annoy me,” she says in a manner of fact tone. “I’m sorry,” I apologize in a bland manner. He places her glasses back on then shrugs, “I suppose it cannot be helped. According to your test results, you have the potential… but it hasn’t manifested yet…” She seems to trail off into her own thoughts, but I inquire, “test results… I haven’t taken any tests…” She confirms, “we ran them when you first came here and were unconscious, but don’t worry about that. That’s not important.” I feel that something had occurred along the lines of my privacy having been invaded. “Wait… I think it is…” I begin to protest. Just then, another person enters into the room.

“Officer Asei, good to see you standing upright. Your training must not be tough enough,” enters the familiar voice of McGrady, my father’s former partner who volunteered me for Division 12. Both the scientific lady in the lab coat and myself turn to look at him as he walks in holding an oversized clipboard in his right hand casually by his hip. He was dressed in his normal attire wearing khaki slacks and a white collared shirt with suspenders and his chest holsters. I answer him bluntly, “my body’s getting used to it by now.” He nods to that, almost ignoring it and looks to the large glass pods and admires, “ah, new specimens, I see.” My eye twitches as I turn to look at the tank, seeing nothing yet again. Thinking to myself, I wonder what was up with these people. Looking to me with a grin, he laughs, “still unable to see it. That’s fine, it’ll happen when it needs to. But, enough of that... Good news! You’ll be assigned to a patrol soon as part of your advance training. Ready to hit the streets?” He hands the clipboard to me and I take it, looking at the metallic case for it. Questioningly I answer, “I’m still unsure of what to do.” Opening the clipboard’s casing, I start to read the assignment within. It would seem I was scheduled for night duty. McGrady speaks as I read, “if you do well in this hands on training then we can see which team to place you on.” Still unsure of what I am to be doing, I look up and ask, “but what…” McGrady grins as he cuts me off, “Just be at your post when and where you’re supposed to be. Your assignment should come to you.” With that, he pats me on the shoulder in an annoying manner and nods, then looks to the scientist lady speaking, “we’ll see if he passes this little test the next time he comes in here.” She frowns and comments, “I doubt he lives, but we will see.” I frown thinking of a way to thank her for her vote of confidence. Turning back to me, McGrady speaks, “well, it’s about time to go for today. Take the rest of the day off until it is time for your patrol. Everything you should need is included in what I gave you.” Pretty confident that I was literate, I take his word for things and nod, “okay, if that is all, then I’m leaving.” With that, I make my way to the door with clipboard in hand. I open it, and it closes behind me as I walk away from the room.

+ 1 JC
+ Grappling (Novice)
+ 252 EXP

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Div(12)y Up - First Day   Div(12)y Up - First Day EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Div(12)y Up - First Day   Div(12)y Up - First Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Div(12)y Up - First Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RP Boards :: Earth :: Gothstone-
Jump to: