Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Finishing out the Week

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Finishing out the Week Empty
PostSubject: Finishing out the Week   Finishing out the Week EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 11:08 am

The morning after the graveyard cluster fuck was hectic. I had slept later than I had hoped to, I suppose I was more tired than I realized after the zombie fighting escapade. The entire morning went by in a rush, ending with me skidding into work right at the buzzer. The files my boss wanted back in his office first thing this morning were still in the cart and no other demands for files had come in yet so before I could even boot up the computer on my sad little desk, I was rolling the cart on to the elevator and heading up to the fourth floor. He was already there, seated behind his huge mahogany desk, engaged in a terse phone call. He waved me in and gestured to the table set along the far wall. Rolling the cart to the table, I stack the files on one end, sorting them back into the stacks they had been in when I picked them up the previous afternoon. When I was finished, I nodded to the man and smiled as he dismissed and disregarded me with another lazy wave. I couldn’t help but wonder what he would say if he knew I was heroically fighting the walking dead a mere eight to twelve hours before delivering his much needed files. The thought had me laughing all the way back down to the basement where I parked my trusty cart and finally moved to the desk to push the button and bring the whine of the computer to life. And so begins another day in the file filled basement of Miertech, Inc.
272, 1 JC
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Finishing out the Week   Finishing out the Week EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 11:08 am

Friday finally came along. In general, Friday’s were the most low key of the whole week. Not many files were combed through on these days, only the die hard workers called for new files, mostly my Friday deliveries consisted of files that the agents on the upper floors had been working with in the previous days. These were the days to recheck what they had accomplished and finish up any loose ends or things they hadn’t gotten to yet. Of course this Friday, hopefully the last I would be spending in this musty basement, a crisis began to develop less than an hour after I arrived into work. From what little information that trickled my way, I could gather that there was some sort of class action lawsuit being brought against a pharmaceutical company involving a large number of our clients. I didn’t know the details, didn’t really need to. I only knew the list of requested files was longer than my arm and would take me quite a while to pull them all. I began pulling them in shifts. The list of files was being divided among a handful of agents. Since the entire list wouldn’t fit in the cart at once, I worked my way through it delivering to one agent at a time. It took me just over an hour to get the last of the files upstairs and by that time the office buzz was well underway. I was almost sad to know that I wouldn’t be showing up next week to find out what was really going on and how the company would be affected.
270, 1 JC
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Finishing out the Week   Finishing out the Week EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:26 pm

Updated Alexis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finishing out the Week   Finishing out the Week Empty

Back to top Go down

Finishing out the Week
Page 1 of 1