Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spellcraft Training

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Spellcraft Training Empty
PostSubject: Spellcraft Training   Spellcraft Training EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 8:58 pm

"For this exercise we're going to be testing your spell abilities. You can already see through illusions. Do you know any other forms of magic?" the white haired demon hunter asked.

The demon hunter wore simple white robes under a blue half robe. They came down around her knees, more of a dress or skirt, than a set of robes. She had knee high socks, and blue shoes. A blue headband was tied in her hair, keeping the waist length white strands back, out of her eyes. Her deep red eyes glowed softly, and her pale skin shone lightly in the moonlight.

His eyes narrowed, waiting patiently watching her. He wasn't sure what she had in store, but was sure he wasn't going to like it. She was just standing there, watching him. The two of them were almost like duelists, waiting patiently.

"I have practiced a defensive spell. I can summon a shield to protect myself from attacks. So far I can deflect offensive spells. All the spells coming at me, that is." he said, nodding lightly.

"Interesting. Your spells are of spiritual arts. You're wrong, to think it stops all spells, though. You can only stop spells of low to medium power. Your own reflexes are required to take care of yourself. Don't rely on spell casting or your sword alone. Combine their powers, and utilize them to protect yourself to the fullest of their abilities. We will be teaching you this. The spell we taught you dispells illusions. We will be using different spells, to show you what it can and cannot stop. You are the opposite of what we are. You are learning spiritual techniques but you use the fighting style of demons. We are trained the other way." the woman said.

"Then what the hell is this about? How are you going to teach me to cast spells?!" he demanded.

"As I said, we can cast demon spells. You'll learn eventually." she said.

He watched her as she cast a spell. His eyes narrowed as he blushed. The girl had suddenly become much more beautiful. He licked his lips lightly as he walked forward slowly before shaking his head.

Dammit. No way. She's way to beautiful suddenly. Dammit. What did she do?! That's it! An illusion!

"Sword of light, word of truth, you cannot hide from my eyes!" he said, his eyes narrowing as he drew on the mana around him.

He panted as he stepped back away from her. He shook his head quickly before he frowned at her, careful. of her wiles. He was sure, she would probably try it again. He frowned, standing there, his hand extended slightly behind him ready to summon the sword.

"You're doing quite well. You'll be getting better with time. I hope you're ready to be tested when we choose to. Just be ready. We wont tell you when, where, or how we will test you. But you'll be tested. This is the only warning you're getting. But I must say you did better than expected. What gave it away?" she asked.

"Well you went from being cute, to irresistible. That was kind of a give away. If you had started off as irresistible I wouldn't have figured it out." he said "As for your tests, bring them on. I'm not afraid." he said.

(558/558)
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spellcraft Training   Spellcraft Training EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:34 pm

Adrian stood in the field later the same day, his eyes narrowed, his chest heaving as he stood there. He was staring at Seirra, the demon hunter assigned to train him. He was finding it harder and harder to breathe. Every breath he took was cold, all but frozen. But he couldn't stop. He wasn't sure what was going on. He frowned, watching her. He didn't understand what the hell was going on! The place was covered in snow, ice slowly covering his ankles.

She was dressed in nothing but what appeared to be silk robes, but she wasn't even feeling the effects. At least not to any form of appearance. But he had tried the illusion spell. This was no illusion! Were they punishing him for something? He didn't understand. With every breath he felt his body twinge as the icy knife of pain stabbed deep into his lungs, practically insuring he would breathe again quickly.

He felt the signs before he noticed anything else. He felt the ice creeping through his veins, his body so cold, it wasn't funny. That was when he saw the change. He saw the bird coming out of the snow. But there was no displacement! That's what it was! His spell had failed! He panted lightly as he let his eyes squeeze shut before he took a deep breath before willing the mana around him into his body.

"S..S..Sword of light, word of truth, you cannot hide from my eyes!" he shouted with all his strength, putting everything he could into the spell.

He felt the illusion break as he finally fell to his knees, his body warming up slowly. He panted, his nerves still partially frozen, thawing very slowly. His arms curled in, crossing his chest trying to warm as best he could.

"Now that was a very skilled little display. You lasted longer than I thought you would." Serria said,glaring at her.

"W..What the fuck does that mean!?" he demanded.

His body trembled as he finally felt his body coming back to him. Feeling returned slowly as he slowly rose, glaring at his teacher. He wasn't sure about her methods, but he wasn't going to question the fact that he was getting stronger every day. With every test, every time he practiced further, the illusions became more clear. They were hard to beat, but he could still do it.

"It means I thought you would have passed out before dispelling the illusion. But don't worry, you're going to be fine, your body just needs a moment to warm up once more. The power of the mind is amazing, and you're quite vulnerable to them, for now." Serria said, smirking at him.

Adrian just shook, breathing slowly as he let his body return to normal, slowly. Standing slowly he smiled, feeling once more returning. As he moved toward her, he willed his sword forth, glaring at the white haired woman. He was pissed, mad that she would do something, like that.

"ENOUGH! No more silent riddles! No more stupid tests! NO MORE! I've had it! I'm not your punching bag!" he said, pointing his sword at her.

She just smirked, her wrist twitching, the devil's teardrop flying from his hand. A glimmer of light gave away the wire she used to disarm him. He just smiled nervously, before willing the blade back to him, his sword coming up defensively before he squeeked, the ground suddenly coming out from under him. He lay there as she stepped down on his chest. She was surprisingly strong for a woman of her build, keeping him pinned.

"Listen here. You know what happens when you prove yourself unworthy of our friendship, boy. Just relax for today, and be sure to recover." she said, before walking away.

(630/500)
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spellcraft Training   Spellcraft Training EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 10:08 pm

"Up until now you have faced illusion arts. Now you're going to be put up against demon arts. Do you think you can deal with it?" Seirra asked, another demon hunter standing beside her.

As far as Adrian had been informed, the demon hunters were trained in spiritual fighting styles, with demonic magics. At least the masters were. The newest generation of them were curbing more toward spiritual magics and human fighting. But Adrian was seeking balance between them all. By fighting like a demon, he could take most on, and with the aid of spiritual magics he was even deadlier. But that didn't ease his mind. He still had the cursed blade, the Devil's Teardrop. He had mastered the sword for now, but he would have to wait and see how it would go with them.

"I'm ready. I've encountered demon arts before. A demon, summoned by a human girl, warned me that if I wasn't careful I would be consumed by the darkness I sought to kill. Before that he had used a spell to freeze me in place. I don't know why but no matter how much I tried I couldn't break free. I couldn't move at all. I was never so afraid in my life." he said, frowning.

"Fear of the unknown is human. As is the helplessness of being unable to move. Most people lose hope after losing a sense, or use of a limb. Those that don't are praised for that feat because people lose hope so easilly. The problem is with that demonic power, only your fear binds you. We're going to bind you again, and if you are unable to escape we'll slay you." Seirra said, smirking darkly.

Adrian stood there, breathing slowly as he frowned at his teachers. Closing his eyes he took a deep breath before sighing and letting his body go. He nodded, indicating he was ready to try. He didn't hear anything, but felt the spell once more take hold. His body was frozen as he stood there. She said that he was bound by fear. But he had none! No, that was a lie. He was frightened of more things than he ever wanted to admit. But someone had once said, that 'bravery is not the absence of fear, but rather the power to stand up to it.' He breathed slowly as his eyes snapped open, glaring at them. But still he couldn't move. It wasn't fear! It was the illusion of fear!

"Sword of light, word of truth, you cannot hide from my eyes!" he said.

The world around him swirled for a brief moment. Stepping forward he willed the Devil's Teardrop into his hand before stabbing out, his sword lancing out toward Seirra's throat. But it stopped short, his eyes narrowing as he stood there, grinning evilly. His eyes narrowed as he struggled for a moment, his blade shaking in his hand.

"Do it, Adrian. Just do it. End it all, boy!" Seirra said, watching him, knowing the battle he was waging inside himself.

Adrian's eyes squeezed shut as he let the Devil's Teardrop vanish. As it did he fell to his knees, panting as he fought to keep his lunch down. He let his eyes close as he waited patiently for them to speak, as he tried to fight down the blood lust that flooded him.

"Adrian, all of us here know your path. The one you walk is more dangerous than anything you've ever known because you began down the corrupted fork first. Making your way back to the light is difficult. But I know you, and your pain. You seek attonement. You can't do it alone though. Attonement will come only if you truely want it." she said, watching him.

(628/500)
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spellcraft Training   Spellcraft Training EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 9:46 pm

Adrian, knelt silently, waiting patiently as he breathed slowly. It was a meditation technique the demon slayers wanted him using. It would help him recover from his mental ordeals. He sighed waiting patiently as he breathed, trying to get himself settled. He was recovering from the illusions that he'd been fighting since he'd first arrived. Whoever was casting them was quite adept. But Sierra had never spoken a word, had never chanted a spell. It had to be someone he wasn't seeing. But why were they hidden? Why couldn't he figure this one out?

The first day he'd been surrounded by his new teachers. They had been hidden within an illusion, hidden from his eyes by his mind itself. He wasn't sure of the level of their power, but they were above his own. He sighed, lightly, breathing slowly as he took in deep breaths before opening his eyes. In front of him was a tunnel. His eyes narrowed as he stood there, waiting for something to happen. He sighed, shaking his head.

"Sword of light, word of truth, you cannot hide from my eyes." he said, his eyes narrowing.

He felt nothing as he frowned, looking around himself. The mana hadn't flooded him at the time of the spell. He felt surprisingly empty, not exactly sure what was going to happen. He'd never known, in a time of need, but the truth was he'd only been lucky. He sighed as he began walking down the hall.

The walls were carved from crystal, but glowed from within. He glanced into one, seeing his own reflection. He shook his head, ignoring it as he followed the hall into a huge chamber. In the middle of the room was an alter, large torches coming up from the ground on either side of it. He frowned, looking around, willing the Devil's Teardrop to his hand. He was on the defensive, as he entered, not sure where his enemies could come from, nor was he sure there were any at all.

"You a very gifted person, Adrian. But your powers come at a heavy cost. You must be able to draw upon your skills with a sword, but you must also rely upon your abilities with magic. You must be able to stop the demons from using you. And the first step is to face the trials!" came a soft voice.

It wasn't Sierra. But the voice was so vaguely familiar. He closed his eyes, listening, trying to focus on who it could be. But the sounds coming from behind him blocked out anything else she might have said. His eyes snapped open as he turned. And there they were. The people he'd killed, all of them! All coming toward him. He brought the Devil's teardrop up, before backing up.

"Ah... S...Sword of light, word of truth, you cannot hide from my eyes!" he said, panicing as he backed into a wall.

This time he watched the illusion vanish. His body shook, pressed against the far wall of the small room he'd been given, shaking as tears fell down his face. He let the Devil's Teardrop fall away before he finally slumped to the ground.

"Ah... But... Ah.." he muttered, staring up at Sierra.

"You might have escaped your past this time. But eventually you must confront it." she said, before leaving, unhappy with his failure.

(562/562)
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spellcraft Training   Spellcraft Training EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 2:03 pm

"Your training with us has been fruitful. You have learned more about us than you think. We're sending you home today. But be careful. We have eyes everywhere, and you will not likely be able to avoid our eyes. Your path along the boarder of light and dark is full of twists and turns. But you must find the common ground. If you dip too far into the light your spells will flourish, but your sword will fail you. If you fall to far to the darkness your sword will flourish, but your spells will not suffer your utterance. You must find an even footing over the rocky path and continue. Never press too far into the darkness. For if you must fall to one side, fall to the light. It's much safer. The Devil's Teardrop is a cursed blade, and will turn against you, should you fail it." Sierra said as she walked him to the outskirts of the ruins, where his bike was still waiting.

"How can I thank you?" the dark haired man asked, looking at the white haired woman.

"By coming back some day, with the techniques you know, mastered. With the skills we have imparted on you honed to a sharp edge. Become the shadow of darkness, slayer of demons, and warrior of light you were meant to be." the woman said, smiling at him softly.

"You're a demon aren't you?" he asked, watching her.

"You're just figuring that out? I was human at one point. But my body was weak and fragile. So as most do, I sought to find a way to make my body strong, and healthy. I turned to demonic arts. I found very little there, myself, but stumbled on a vaspire. He turned me. My body is much stronger than a normal human's at night, though in the day there is no physical difference. I'm surprised you only just noticed. We could smell you a mile away."

"Is everyone here possessed?"

"Not all of us. Technically you're not. Nothing from the outside entered you. You found away to unlock your inner strength. Your chi. Chakra. Whatever you want to call it. It is YOUR aura. And it manifested itself when you needed it's strength. In the end, Adrian you are always stronger than average humans. But when it comes to demons, unfortunately you're weaker in most cases. Even with possessed demons. You fight with a disadvantage. But you can turn that into an advantage with your skills. The right skills can kill any being."

"So when I come back I can practice fighting different demons with you guys?"

"Yes. But at the same time be warned that most demons don't fight as we do. They fight differently. But if it comes to that I'll do my best to fight as a vaspire, but stop before killing you."

"Gee, thanks."

He smiled at his instructor and nodded before he kicked the starter, the engine purring like a kitten. The constant hum brought back memories, before he slid his bike helmet on, and nodded at the white haired woman. Taking off he did a quick u-turn around a tree, before heading back the way he had come.

"Is it wise to let him go?"

"Ah, Juraviel, you worry too much. He will return." Sierra said, smiling.

"Perhaps. But will he return as a friend, or as a foe?" Juraviel asked.

"That remains to be seen." Sierra said.

Sierra has lied to him. She wasn't a vampire, she was a seer. She commonly misconstrued them with people she wasn't sure she could trust, trying often to make sure that her secrets were well kept. Only the members of this 'temple' knew it. And when she had decided to let Adrian go, she couldn't pass it on. If anyone in the city knew there was someone in the ruins that could see the future she'd never escape it. The last time she had had to fake her own death to escape to this sacred place. She would not allow herself to be used like that again.

(682/500)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Spellcraft Training   Spellcraft Training EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 12:19 am

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spellcraft Training   Spellcraft Training Empty

Back to top Go down

Spellcraft Training
Page 1 of 1