Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Realizations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Realizations Empty
PostSubject: Realizations   Realizations EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:47 pm

Jyn

The night is calm and dark. The unmarked sedan makes its way through the empty streets of the Lower Common. Streetlights reflect off of the black paint of the vehicle as it moves quietly through th enight. Since I had come into the Division 12, I found myself wanting answers often yet not getting them. Even my arrival into Division 12 was based on me being teased for the answer to my parents’ death. The most recent events had sent my mind tumbling, as my views of reality seemed to blur with the world I found myself in. In this night, after defeating a werewolf creature by the skin of my teeth, McGrady decides to let me in a few things during our casual car ride through the Lower Commons.

Well into the conversation, I knew a few more things than when I was simply gaping like a fish out of water at the scene of a supernatural slaughter. The entire thing had been staged… or rather “monitored” would be the correct term for it. Somehow, Division 12 knew that the werewolf would be out that night and where it would be. Apparently, they had been attempting to track it down for some time and now they’ve finally caught it. Ah. That would be a big part of things as well. Division 12 seemed to be somewhat more than simply the “swat force” of the city’s policing force. As I had suspected, Division 12 was an independent agency that outranked the normal police and worked to their own agenda. I would have never guessed that the agenda of Division 12 was the extermination of demons.

“Not just demons like you saw there,” McGrady informs as car ride continues. He reclines back lazily in his seat with his arm propped up on the doors armrest. The driver, a member of Division 12 as well, and a face that I’ve seen here and there, listens in silence and continues to drive as McGrady speaks on: “…but there are spirits in this world that are not readily visible to the naked eye. One of the sad truths of Division 12 is that we are not alone. I know this, the people who serve with me know this and your father knew this. For some reason, this earth has decayed to the point where spirits and demons live among us. The natural order of things is broken. Spirits and demons are supposed to stay in hell where they belong, but here you see, they walk the streets at night and kill humans among other things. Someone had to do something and that’s where we came in.”

I am in the back seat as I listen in, taking interest in what he says. A day earlier and I would have believed the man to be a lunatic, but now he speaks with a calm and long tone much like an old man who has seen many wars. He continues, “I’ve seen many things. A lot of things I would like to forget… but this job takes its toll on you…. Back in the laboratory, when I had you looking into those pods, there were spirits inside. If you were able to see spirits, you would have been able to see them, but it doesn’t seem like you can.” My head lowers a bit as I think about his words. It took a lot not to be overwhelmed by his words. This pretty much altered my entire world. He continues, “Your father was one of our best operatives. He died in this line of duty, not the natural one. That’s why I said your current path wouldn’t have given you any answers, kid.” Thinking on this, I grasp a fair understanding of his words. He continues on to tell me that I would basically be a part of an army whose war was against the supernatural. In the long car ride, he tells me the story of my parent’s demise and with its conclusion, the car comes to stop next to my car when I had first come to this area. After the car stays still for a few minutes, McGrady shifts in his seat to turn and look to me asking, “you gonna be alright, kid?” My gaze looks up to him and I frown as I answer calmly, “I will be fine.” Looking to the side, I see that they had dropped me off by my vehicle. I open the door and speak, “I’ll be going now.” McGrady stops me saying, “I expect to see you at work on time. Don’t think too much on it when you get home. Go to sleep and keep your thoughts in order. It’s a lot to take in, so it’s okay to be scared. Still, we need your mind in tact. You will be joining Gamma team tomorrow, so be ready.” I nod and answer in my usual manner, “you’re worrying too much.” Even if I were scared, I wasn’t the type of person to seek comfort in others. I stand to my feet and close the car door behind me and make my way to my car so that I could head home. 867 Proofreading pending.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Realizations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realizations   Realizations EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:16 pm

Realizations Kyrobanner
The night is calm and dark. The unmarked sedan makes its way through the empty streets of the Lower Common. Streetlights reflect off of the black paint of the vehicle as it moves quietly through the night. Since I had come into the Division 12, I found myself wanting answers often yet not getting them. Even my arrival into Division 12 was based on me being teased for the answer to my parents’ death. The most recent events had sent my mind tumbling, as my views of reality seemed to blur with the world I found myself in. In this night, after defeating a werewolf creature by the skin of my teeth, McGrady decides to let me in a few things during our casual car ride through the Lower Commons.

Well into the conversation, I knew a few more things than when I was simply gaping like a fish out of water at the scene of a supernatural slaughter. The entire thing had been staged… or rather “monitored” would be the correct term for it. Somehow, Division 12 knew that the werewolf would be out that night and where it would be. Apparently, they had been attempting to track it down for some time and now they’ve finally caught it. Ah. That would be a big part of things as well. Division 12 seemed to be somewhat more than simply the “swat force” of the city’s policing force. As I had suspected, Division 12 was an independent agency that outranked the normal police and worked to their own agenda. I would have never guessed that the agenda of Division 12 was the extermination of demons.

“Not just demons like you saw there,” McGrady informs as car ride continues. He reclines back lazily in his seat with his arm propped up on the doors armrest. The driver, a member of Division 12 as well, and a face that I’ve seen here and there, listens in silence and continues to drive as McGrady speaks on: “…but there are spirits in this world that are not readily visible to the naked eye. One of the sad truths of Division 12 is that we are not alone. I know this, the people who serve with me know this and your father knew this. For some reason, this earth has decayed to the point where spirits and demons live among us. The natural order of things is broken. Spirits and demons are supposed to stay in hell where they belong, but here you see, they walk the streets at night and kill humans among other things. But someone has to do something and that’s where we come in.”

I am in the back seat as I listen in, taking interest in what he says. A day earlier and I would have believed the man to be a lunatic, but now he speaks with a calm and long tone much like an old man who has seen many wars. He continues, “I’ve seen many things. A lot of things I would like to forget… but this job takes its toll on you….” There is a pause for a moment as his head leans back as if he were looking to the side at me. He looks back to the front and continues with his words speaking, “Back in the laboratory, when I had you looking into those pods, there were spirits inside. If you were able to see spirits, you would have been able to see them, but it doesn’t seem like you can. Some people can if they are trained, some people can naturally and some people can never learn how to see spirits. I guess it’s hardest fighting something you can’t see, but we’ve got technology to get around that.” My head lowers a bit as I think about his words. It took a lot not to be overwhelmed by his words. This pretty much altered my entire world. He speaks of these things as if they are ordinary, but my mind protests that they are not. He continues, “Your father was one of our best operatives. He died in this line of duty, not the natural one. That’s why I said your current path wouldn’t have given you any answers, kid.” Thinking on this, I grasp a fair understanding of his words.

The conversation proceeds in the car for some time as we drive around, basically to kill the time while the lecture rolls on. McGrady tells me that I would basically be a part of an army whose war was against the supernatural and that the world I knew would have to be left behind for this newer and tainted vision of the world. He goes on to tell me the story of my parent’s demise and what really happened. There was no syndicate involved; it was an act of aggression of a powerful demon whom my father fought against. The demon and my father were both killed along with my mother, so there was no revenge to be had for me. He tells me that I should focus on the future and making sure no one else experiences the same loss as I under the same unnatural and unnecessary circumstances. His words do give me a bit of a conclusion to things, but it still is much to take in. Near the conclusion of the conversation, the car approaches the area where my car had previously been parked when I arrived. It comes to stop next to my car and after the car stays still for a few minutes, McGrady shifts in his seat to turn and look to me asking, “you gonna be alright, kid?” My gaze looks up to him and I frown. I was pretty sure that he probably felt some sort of connection with me, or an obligation due to the fact that he knew my father. I did not want that annoyance in my life, so I would resist it. I answer calmly, “I will be fine. I will continue my training and my job. You’ve told me what I wanted to know… I’ll sort things out on my own.” Looking to the side, I glance at the vehicle that had been passed down to me with the death of a close friend; another painful memory. McGrady does not say anything right away and I open the door and speak, “I’ll be going now.” It is then that McGrady stops me saying, “I expect to see you at work on time. Don’t let something like this make you quite and don’t think too much on it when you get home. Go to sleep and keep your thoughts in check. It’s a lot to take in, so it’s okay to be scared even if you don’t want to admit it. We need your mind in tact; you’ll grow into a great officer just like your father. You will be joining Gamma team tomorrow, so be ready.” I nod and answer in my usual manner, “you talk too much… Chief.” Even if I were scared, I wasn’t the type of person to seek comfort in others. I stand to my feet and close the car door behind me and make my way to my car. Coming to my car, I deactivate the alarm and open the door sitting down into it. The unmarked sedan pulls away, leaving me there. I close my door and start the engine to begin my drive home. 1243

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Realizations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realizations   Realizations EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:29 pm

The week passes by quickly for me. Just after the events of luckily slaying the werewolf, I am placed into a team codenamed Gamma and put on regular assignment with them in the evening while taking learning courses during the day. I came to find that Division 12 had a large database of creatures that I had no prior knowledge of and I was expected to be ready to respond to any of these creatures. It began to become clear to me why they captured whatever they went after; the R&D departments seemed to be adept at pulling information from a host body and analyzing ability data from monitoring demons and spirits from the city’s surveillance and their own survey. The blonde lady in the lab coat from my first day was my instructor through much of this and patience was not a virtue that she possessed. I came to understand that there were various types of things that we fought against in order to proactively protect the city and its residents from harm. I was taught that at the baser levels there were spirits who floated around pretty much harmlessly. It was explained that some of those spirits were able to manifest into the physical realm and that’s when they became a threat. Aside from that, those spirits had the capability of possessing human bodies, making them a larger threat since they would be able to hide among us. There was a special class of humans referred to as hitorinji who were more super humans than demonically possessed humans, that were around with even some of them working for Division 12. Something that I kept hearing was the fact that demonic activity was on the rise more and more, thus the need to recruit new members. 297 TBC/Proofread
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

Realizations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realizations   Realizations EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Realizations Kyrobanner
The week passes by quickly for me. Just after the events of the lucky slaying the werewolf, I am placed into a team of Division 12 operatives, codenamed Gamma. In the ranks of this team I am put on regular assignment in the evening, but also have the responsibility of taking learning courses during the day. In the time that passed, I came to find that Division 12 had a large database of creatures that I had no prior knowledge of, and I was expected to be ready to respond to any of these creatures. It begun to become clear to me why they captured whatever they went after; the R&D departments seemed to be adept at pulling information from a host body and analyzing ability data from monitoring demons and spirits from the city’s surveillance and their own survey. I didn’t have an initial clue on how wired up the city was in its ability to track and survey within the City Metro and nearby places.
Angela, the blonde lady in the glasses and lab coat from my first day, was assigned to be my instructor through much of this time. It was unfortunate for me that patience was not a virtue that she possessed. Under her tutelage, I came to understand that there were various types of things that we fought against in order to proactively protect the city and its residents from harm. In a lecture she states clearly that, “…at the baser levels there are spirits who float around passively and for the more part are pretty much harmless. They are considered only a priority five; we clean them up when there is nothing to do. If left alone too long, or given the ability to become more powerful, some of these non-physical spirits would become able to manifest into the physical realm. That’s when they became a threat rising in priority to level 2. Most of the time, they take over host bodies completely able to assert a strong control over its host body. The creature that you fought is referred to as a woylf. It is considered one of the more powerful possessions. It turns its host into a ravenous beast with canine abilities and augmented attributes increasing its strength, defense and speed. Luckily, it seems to lower the hosts intellect. Now aside from that, there are special spirit types that have the capability of possessing human bodies without taking over their consciousness or exerting a large amount of control. This creates a special class of humans referred to as Hitorinji, who are more super humans than demonically possessed humans. When you see a track star that breaks every record set, ro someone extremely skilled at fighting to the point where it would seem that they were not a human, you can bet on the fact that they are a Hitorinji and are spiritually enhanced. We do have Hitorinji on staff employed for Division 12.”
Taking in everything was a daunting task, but my mind was becoming more and more malleable after the fight with the woylf; it was easier to believe the unbelievable now. Something that stood out to me and that I kept hearing repeatedly was the fact that demonic activity was on the rise. This would explain the necessity to recruit more active members to Division 12 and might also include why I had been drafted into their ranks.
Most of the work with my team was practice drills and formation practices. I already had skills with a weapon, so things like that were not so much of a priority as learning to work in as a coherent unity. Of course, there was the regime of working out that I was forced to continue as well, but I found myself becoming quite fit during this time. Towards the end of the week and through the following weak, we took several missions to clean up small spirit activity in East City after dark. It was similar to my missions with Tre and the gang while working as an illegal operator, so it was easy for me to adjust. Hunting and suppressing demons seeming much like of the same that I would experience doing raids on rival gangs, or if I were a normal cop cracking down on a drug spot. I did my job and tried not to let anything freak me out or get to me. By the end of the second week, the weekend finally comes and I am allotted some time to rest and spend with the small kitten that had grown into a chubby cat since I hadn’t had the time to monitor its food closely.

The door to my apartment opens and I walk into its interior in my usual Division 12 attire and a duffle bag hanging from my shoulder. The blinds near the window still, having been shaken by the cat that had hopped down from the window when he heard my footsteps. The soft amber light of the fading evening filters in behind the cat that makes his way towards me, slowing half way to stretch its body out completely and yawn. As I enter into the room, the interior lights replace the dim natural lights with more even artificial lighting. The visual monitor comes on and the soft murmur of the evening news begins to fill in the dead air in the background. Making it to my room with the cat following behind me, I set down my duffle bag on the bed before making my way back to the kitchen, cat still in tow. The news cuts to an advertisement for the Yazimitsu Corporation as I make my way to the refrigerator. They announce the newest model of visual screen causing me to wonder if I should perhaps upgrade my visual monitor now that I was receiving a steady paycheck. My hands pull out covered bins of left overs and they are taken to the food prepper and placed in to be warmed. Looking up at the television, I notice there were no new messages for me. I didn’t have a social life and Shiori stopped calling, so it was to be expected. The food prepper signals that the food is ready and I move to get it. From here out, it would be a normal night leading into a few good days off for R&R. 1064

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Realizations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realizations   Realizations EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 9:44 am

Updated
Back to top Go down