Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Remembrance

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Remembrance Empty
PostSubject: Remembrance   Remembrance EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 7:40 pm

Remembrance Kyrobanner
Revisit Old Stomping Grounds

The afternoon comes with a cloudy sky looming overhead. Moderate winds breeze through the lower commons amidst the slums and its denizens as rain threatens the skies. The black sedan is parked in front of a familiar setting, lining the edge of the street parallel to the sidewalk in front of a broken down building under the slow process of reconstruction. Much of the building and its parking garage was taped off with evidence of the explosion that had happened there, still evident in the structure. Since it was the lower commons, the property owner probably was not in a real hurry to rebuild the structure like they would have been in nicer areas, such as the City Metro or East City. I stand with my back leaning against the car, looking up at the building where I had my last raid as a member of the illegal under workings of the city. Overall it had been a phenomenal waste of time, but the memories I had of it would prove to be priceless for the rest of my life. My heart is a bit saddened as this place was much like a graveyard to me since my friends had fallen here. Looking across the street and over the building, I could still see the several bullet holes and conflict markings that served as milestones to the events of that night.

The funerals had been a somber event, something I attended from the back, not feeling right to mesh in with the grieving families of each ceremony. It was probably a wonder why I was there, but Division 12 had good enough resources so that they were able to tell me the time and places of the events, even if the families would not know me to invite me. The pain on their faces was shared in my heart with the loss of my comrades. After those events, I had gone to the gun range to settle my accounts with Vincent through his brother, my weapons trainer, Nigel. In that conversation I was informed that Vincent had taken his money and gone into an early retirement deciding that he did not need to be a leader in this type of business venture anymore. The gangs beneath him were dispersed and split up among the streets, joining other gangs, or moving onto other things and solo projects. As things stood, our small presence in the lower commons was no more than a distance memory, barely mentionable in the history of the city. All and all, after everything that happened, none of it really mattered in the grand scheme of things.

There's no sigh; I look emotionlessly over the building one more time before my back presses against the door of the black sedan and I stand up straight. Turning around, I open the door and lean into it. Much like a friend leaving a gravesite, there was nothing more to do here. No words needed to be said since I could say everything I wanted to within my heart. I would be back at a later time to service my friend’s memories, but for now, I had work to get back to.

Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Remembrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance   Remembrance EmptyTue May 26, 2009 11:43 am

gotkeyho
Back to top Go down