Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Playing A Game Online

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Playing A Game Online Empty
PostSubject: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 9:22 pm

Playing A Game Online Kyrobanner
I stand paused for a moment as I look around in what is apparently my “homepage” for Realm2.0. Since I paid for it and had a day off, I figured that I might as well use the service. The area that I start off in was a difficult place to describe. There was a soft blue tint in the atmosphere around me, the sky seemed like an odd yet alluringly beautiful surface of a sea, and there were small portal windows about the size of shop windows on display in an organized manner around me. I am alone at this point, not in a hub just yet, as I stand appearing with my avatar, the same as I do in real life. I wear a pair of black slacks and an un tucked casual blue buttoned up shirt with the collar button and the one beneath that unbuttoned revealing a white t-shirt beneath. I was told that you could search for just about anything online and I was used to going into the chess halls to play games of chess against other gamers, but today I wanted something a little different. I begin to walk through the homepage lobby, moving past the different ‘window’ advertisements for various things ranging from blogs and chat spheres to online games. I come to stop at a large display for a game called War of the Realms. My head tilts the side as I view the details of the MMORPG. Deciding to give it a try, I reach out for the display and accept the warp to be pulled into the game.

Before I get into the game, I am brought into an area where I am supposed to build my character. I decided to go with something other that my IRL form. I make the character a bit shorter than myself, give him a hair color opposing my own, making it snowy white and then begin working on the features. By the time I finish with things, I have something that I can work with. It requests the characters name and I verbally input, “Hitoshi Jiseki.” A prompt comes up asking me if I am sure and I reach out and select yes. My online form changes into that of my character and from there I am taken to the game’s main server lobby, the staging area before actually entering the realm of the game. 402
Back to top Go down
Hara
Rookie
Hara

Male
Number of posts : 202
Rep! : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 9:53 pm

Making my way into the apartment room that had been recently refurnished with the money made from my new business ventures. Placing the plastic bag on the sofa I looked at the guest room that I had emptied out the day before to set up the new equipment that the guys from. Leet Pro had set up in there. Feeling a bit bored I walked into the room where the Electric Wolf system had been set up. Closing the door behind me I looked around and couldn’t see anything special set up. Standing in the middle of the room I was a bit lost but I would never revert to relying on the instruction manuel it was for suckers. Probing the room with my eyes I searched for a power button. “ Where is the On for this thing.” Hearing a light hum as the room came to life I was a bit scared not realizing that the equipment was voice activated. Looking at the walls as they disappeared into a dark void of emptiness.

“Hello and welcome to Realm 2.0 who might you be?” Looking around for something to speak to I shrugged “ Nikki Carmine.” A bright light would flash and the room would fly past my bringing me to a mirror that stood in the middle of an empty room. Walking closer to it I watched as an image of myself formed against the surface. “ Avatar created, would you like to continue onto a tutorial of the Realm 2.0 system or explore it on your own.” Scracthing at my chin I frowned “ I got this no tutorial for me lady.” Without another word a few hud icons would appear in the empty space before me. Looking at the different options my hand reached out and touched the soft squishy games icon. That would engulf my body into a new area with different little images floating around me advertising the games possible. Looking around at the many options my eye was caught by a single old school fantasy game. Pointing at it the screen increased and was brougiht closer to my face with large words that spelled out. “ War of the Realms” Stepping forwards into the screen I was brought into the world. Looking at the character creation area I began to play around with the options lightening my skin to a nice tan color. Changing my long black dread locks into long, straight red hair. As I was told to pick a user name I looked around for hint or examples and shrugged my shoulders “ I don’t know ummm. Kaito Komatsu.” Without another word I was brought into a replica of the War of the Realms world.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:17 pm

Playing A Game Online Jisek_01
Coming into the realm of the game I look around at the masses of people who were in the lobby begging for gold shilling, selling items, and setting up guilds. I had no clue where to start off and on top of that, there was a large N on my back that I didn’t know about which probably stood for newb, or a variation of the word. I was able to see the letter on the backs of others, but I had no idea what it meant. Walking through the dense crowds, I also notice that I do not have armor and weapons like a lot of the people here did. I saw people talking to one another and hanging out, play fighting and such. It would seem as if this was a zone where you couldn’t die, because people were play stabbing each other and the weapons went right through them without harm. There was a contrast of people type as I could tell which races were different from others. It would seem that the race I made my character was of the Kyrotoshi template. I chose it by default since I liked the name. As I’m walking, I see the main server to the world with people walking in and out of it. Deciding to go ahead and move with the flow, I walk towards the large spherical “stargate” orb that reflected a watery image of the world within. 241

Playing A Game Online Jisek_03
Back to top Go down
Hara
Rookie
Hara

Male

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:34 pm

In a flash my person would be transported into the main server where all the new characters started off from the looks of it seeing as most of the conversation seemed to be that of figuring out the basics of the gaming. Looking at the different characters as they walked about me I frowned why hadn’t I thought of such cool things to do to my own virtual avatar. Filled with the anger for not being as creative as the next guy I threw a punch towards the nearest person available. Only to be told that there was no pvp in the “safe zones” A bit disappointed that there where such places in the game.

Walking around amidst the others sucking information by eavesdropping their conversation I came to realize that the best way to have fun was to enter the main area where the newbs and the top notch players coexisted that was also pvp area. With a smile across my face I bound off in a run as I made my way for the nearest transporter area. Finding the area where the different portals coexisted I watched as players where absorbed itno small crystal like orbs. Walking closer I noticed that above each orb was a name, which probably was the name of the server or location it would bring you to. Looking at all of them I began to walk towards the one that read T’Som only to be knocked into another by stampeding newbs. Landing first first onto the hard ground as feet trampled the rest of my body I was dazed laying there motionless on the virtual ground as llittle yellow birds flew about my head chirping to signal my condition.
286//733
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:44 pm

Following the crowd I feel the pace start to pick up as everyone seemed to rush the server for something called a site event. I find that I step in something soft and I stop long enough for the wildebeest to continue around me as I look down to see someone on the ground in a k/o’d position. Reaching down, I attempt to help the character up as I ask him, “are you okay?” I look up towards the server orb which had turned purple by this point with the number of people in the sever listed in digital numbers over it with a slash and the max capacity of the server. There was still plenty of room as it looked about half way full, but still, I wondered what this site event was. Looking to the guy as I try to help him up, I notice that he was void of armor as well. “You must be new too,” I say to him after getting him situated. 168

Back to top Go down
Hara
Rookie
Hara

Male

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:01 pm

The world spining about me as the pain surged throughout my body I winced. Maybe I should have played something a bit more slow paced at first like checkers or even shuffleboard before jumping into a mmo. Looking up I saw a dark skinned white haired character outstretching his hand to help me up. Hesitating in fear that he would attempt to murder me after aiding me to pillage what little gold I had. Grabbing his hand and pulling myself up I dusted my clothes off and stretched my aching body out a bit. Nodding to answer his question I fetl a bit bad for having doubted the genuine kindness of this guy. Hearing him state that I was new I felt a bit ashamed that it was quite so obvious. “ Yep I started mere moments ago.” Looking at his character I noticed that he as well as I had no weapons or armor which could be a bad thing in the long run. Looking at him as I scratched at the side of my head “ Well, do you have any idea how we go about finding weapons?”
188/921
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:38 pm

I nod at the confirmation that he too was new and started moments ago much like myself. A game this big, there were bound to be new people starting every couple seconds. It was no sooner than he had asked about the weapons then someone appears out of nowhere. A male with white hair, tan skin and a fox like smile appears behind us both, placing his arms around her shoulders, with a closed eye grin as he answers, “ah can help ya find weapons if ya want.” My first instinct is to wonder where this person appeared from and who it was. He appeared to be well equipped with a light type of armor and a few swords at his waist. “Today’s ya lucky day. I was looking for two random noobs to make strong all of a sudden.” By now much of the rush to the server had died down since whatever was starting seemed to already have started. 161

Back to top Go down
Hara
Rookie
Hara

Male

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 11:46 am

Just as my question I would be answered by another plate who had just appeared behind me and my fellow noob. Looking at the guys face as his arms wrapped around my shoulder I noticed his resemblance to a fox was he a game character or some special npc. Smiling at the idea being randomly selected along with my acquaintance to from what I understood as being shot up from noobdom into instant leetness. Looking to my unexpected partner " sounds like fun to me but what do you think.......... Ummm what's your name by the way." looking to the other new guy I awaited his answer.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 5:06 pm

I give a shrug as I did not have a strong grasp of what was going on at the moment. I knew that I had won a prize of some how, but this could also be a trap. I wasn't a naturally trusting person, so this line of thought would be normal for someone like myself. The man answers, "names aint important now are they? What's important is gettin ya all fixed up." Motioning towards the large spherical world that everyone had run into, I question, "aren't you missing out on the event in order to be here. The snowy haired tan male giggles and answers, "nah... my army can fight. I don't fight til the end." His voice and mannerisms were almost childlike as he continues, " Ya want to see it? The battle going on?" His arms come from around our shoulders as he walks in front of us, displaying two hand axes in a crossing position on his back. His head turns to the side as he motions for us to follow him into the sphere realm and proceeds forwards. I look to the other new guy and shrug, then proceed my way, out of curiosity, following behind this stranger. 203

Back to top Go down
Hara
Rookie
Hara

Male

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 1:06 pm

As the high leveled man told me that names where not important I nodded not wanting to be rude to the man. Nodding at the idea of getting situated with much needed equippment I began to wonder just exactly how Jr was supposed to make is strong. Now that I began to think about the situation it made no sense to me how the guy would do such a thing. As the other two guys on our online party talk about the site event occuring. The stronger mentioned that he had an army that. Would fight until the finnedt part. Shrugging my shoulders at the idea of watching a fight. Personally I would ratherctakecpart in it but ivwas not yet ready. Watching the man walk iorwards the sight iv his two axes he carried on his back caught my eyes. They seemed to be different from a normal weapon of their type.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 3:47 pm

The way is lead into the sphere that seems to engulf around us as if we’re going into water, and after entering, the entire realm of the world would soon open. Of course, this was the dangerous area. We enter into a field entitled the Angelbroke valley. The fighting is incredibly life like on all sides. There is the sound of large explosions from siege weaponry, the clinging of weapons as they strike one another and the screams of the fallen as they are cut down. The smell of gunpowder reside floats in the air and even the climate is noticeable as the warm sun basks down upon the battlefield. There is a yell from the side that screams, “it’s Lord Kyrojin! Take him out and you’ll level up times 100!” Six characters rush towards us with their weapons drawn, swords, clubs and staffs. I have an ‘oh shit’ moment where I react defensively due to the life like nature of the realm, but something happens. In a blink of an eye, there is the sound of slashing and the stranger who had been leading up, slides his sword back into its sheathe whereas I had never seen it exit. The men surrounding us fall to the ground and fade away as they digitally fade away. The man turns around and giggles, “oh yea, ya gonna want some weapons. Pick them up from those dead bodies before they fade away.” I look at the man, then to the slain bodies. After coming to my wits, I nod, “oh… yeah. Okay.” Running forwards, I shift through the bodies looking for the perfect sword. “I killed em without hurting the armor too. Those two there look like they’re pretty good.” 288

Back to top Go down
Hara
Rookie
Hara

Male

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 4:19 pm

Walking behind our personal guide through this virtual world I step through the portal that engulfed our party bringing us to the battlefield that we would learn later was called angelbroke valley. Hearing the sound of a large explosion I shudder a bit the realness of the game was uncanny. Looking to the field where blood run freely like a river from the slain corpses. Seeing a small group of fighters moving towards us saying something about a lord kyrojin I was confused . Then in another instant it was raining blood and the six where dead. That guy was truly strong. It was a good thing he had decided to take us under hid wing. Hearing that we should steal from the dead guys I nodded not wanting to say any thing that would make hhim mad. Moving towards the corpses I kneeled over one and began to grab things everything feeling so unique and life like made the experiance that much better. Standing up I fastened the curved blade and it's sheathe diagonally across my back. While tjroughong the mans light armor over my chest area which went from too big to form fitting in an instant. Taking a dagger from another figure that had it concealed I would place it strapped to by right thigh. Looking to the other noob I smiled " well now we have weapons which means the fun is starting
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:39 pm

Rummaging through the bodies there, I happen to find a few good things. These guys didn’t seem to be pushovers since their weapons seemed to be pretty unique. I find a pair of matching katana as well as a suit of light armor as well as the accessories to go with it. Equipping the items were pretty easy since there was an auto equip function that allowed the item to be teleported onto your body. After getting the two blades and the armor on, I find a halberd that I position diagonally on my back before I was set. The snow haired fox faced male grins as he looks us over and informs, “ya got some good taste.” I hadn’t noticed, but all while we were getting equipped, we were being attacked and the stranger had held everyone at bay. I figured him for the master of the game or something like that. Stepping around the dead bodies, I answer the other new guy, “I suppose you’re right.” Looking to the stranger, I ask, “and where’s your army?” With a nod of his head, he motions towards the south where a sea of black uniformed fighters seemed to be holding off three armies at once. “We’re fightin Al’Yak and the Rubian Empire. It should be a good fight.” A content smile is on his face as he mentions this before adding, “so ya. Kill everyone who aint wearing black and you sure be good.” He gives us both a potion and tells us it’s okay to drink it and that if we did, we’d be racking up EXP in no time. Looking to the other new guy, then out in front of us, I see that finding an opponent would be no hard task. We were surrounded. The stranger behind us seemed to be giggling gleefully. I rationalize that there was no way I would be able to fight off this many people. I hold the potion up and look at it and then sigh casting my hopes onto it. “Bottoms up,” I shrug before drinking it. As it goes down, it burns slightly, but I am able to feel a strong sense of strength take over my body as I almost feel as if I’ve powered up. Maybe I could do this. 383

Back to top Go down
Hara
Rookie
Hara

Male

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 8:25 pm

as the other new guy began to talk with the man who had so graciously Bren aiding us on the process of learning this game. Looking at the newly slain fighters a single one stands out. Moving towards it I stand over the body looking at the motionless body before reaching out and grabbing tapping the disturbing white mask that caused it to appear covering my face. As my eyes trailed down the body I saw two long beautifully crafted rapiers grabbing them and attaching each to my side I caught the potion given to us by the man after he told us that we should fight everyone but the people in black. Sounded simple enough but if the other soldiers where like the ones who attacked the fox guy it would be a challenge. Smiling as I watched the other new guy drink the potion without during I smiled. It would have been funny if it had been a joke. Tipping my head backwards as I gulped down the potion which made my body feel a strange. Running headfirst in the direction of the nearest army I drew the curved blade. "hey are you coming or what?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 8:55 pm

I notice my ‘partner’ rush off first, leaving me behind. There is a large and cold gust from behind as that causes my fabrics to shift. Turning around, my eyes widen as I notice a large ice phoenix bird of death thing looming behind us and casting a shadow. It loomed over me like the Leviathan or something. The fox man seemed to be controlling it somehow, since his back was to it and he didn’t seem worried at all. He motions for me to go ahead and attack before folding his arms into the sleeves of his garments. “Um… right…” I say as I turn around and reach for my halberd, pulling it around. The fox man sits down and leans against the base of the large ice bird watching over us as the other noob and I enter into the fray. The first thing I found out is that no matter how much I tried, it seemed as if all of my attacks were sloppy. There was a lot of strength behind them, due to the power of the weapon and the boosted attributes of the potion, but it was easy to tell that my technique wasn’t on par with the people I was simply powering through. My first series of attacks come as I approach the same area as my partner, pulling my blade down into a warrior who thrusts at me. Luckily, I get my attack off first. Turning, I am alerted to an opponent to my side as I shift and pull the downward slash straight out to the side, cutting into the side of another warrior. 272

Back to top Go down
Hara
Rookie
Hara

Male

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 10:05 pm

Making my way towards my enamies my heart felt as if it where about to burst out of my chest. The adrenaline surging as I held the sword tight in my hand. Lookng backwards for a moment j spotted my comrade before leaping towards the nearest opponent swinging my sword downwardsat my opponent who easily blocked it and sent me flying backwards with a powerful kick to the stomach. The pain was all too real. Catching my footing and composure knew that the soldiers were better trained than myself. As the man continued his attack I shifted my eight and slashed the sword across his necck causing the razor sharp blade to cut him. Swinging my sword it rang loudly as it collided with an attack that clearly had more power than my own. Staggering backwards I smiled.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 7:07 am

After slashing the person to my side out of the way, I feel an impact in my back as I am hit with a club. My body stumbles forwards, as I turn around slashing back at the person who attacked me. The pain was real and lingered with each hit that was taken, but for some reason it didn’t seem to slow me down. In fact, every couple times, I took a hit, I could see what looked like a floral ring circle around my body, refreshing my attributes. The source would be the laughing from the rear where the stranger sits, randomly tossing up potions keeping the other male and me alive. He, himself was protected by the large ice bird that hovered over him, freezing any enemy that got too close to him and warding off arrows. He must have been loaded to have enough magic potions to constantly keep us healthy. His laughter rings out about how sorry everyone else is for not being able to take out two noobs. It didn’t seem fair to me, but I was on the winning side, and the more I fought against these guys, the better I seemed to be getting at fighting. Instead of flailing the halberd around and bashing people with it, I actually figured out how to do a basic slash and thrust that was much more effective and looked better while doing it. After taking a few hits and being parried, I begin to learn how to block as well. Before I knew it I would be well into the first hour of the game with the time passing like seconds. 275

Back to top Go down
Hara
Rookie
Hara

Male

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 10:35 pm

Flying through the air after being knocked from my feet by a mighty man swinging a large mace I sat up dazed once more from the power of the attack. Within these first hours of gameplay I had undergone a quick learning process. Which would have cost me my character several times over had my life not been sustained by the constant chain of health potions being rained down upon me and my comrade. Blocking and spinning around the attacker the short dagger would bury itself into the neck of the man before being sliced outwards along with a spray of blood. Hearing a roar of laughter I turned my attention to see the white haired man taunting our opponents who continued attacking us.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 9:31 am

I continue in my attack against those around me as blood sprays into the air constantly on all sides, a mixture of theirs and mine. My wounds constantly re healed due to the rain of infinite potions, which kept my stamina up as well. After more time passes, everything seems to slow down as large fonts appear in the skies stating that the Kyrotoshi side had won. Those fighting around us stop and hold back for a moment before cursing and logging off or moving away from our area. After about five hours or so of fighting, the site event had come to a quick end. Our host stands up beneath his large ice bird and claps his hands stating, “ya did good. Feel any stronger?” Turning to look at the man, I lift the halberd over my shoulder placing it back onto my back diagonally. With a nod, I assure, “I do, somehow…” 154

Back to top Go down
Hara
Rookie
Hara

Male

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:13 pm

Twirling about and moving more gracefully with each and every minute that passed fighting was finally becoming easier. I was still a bit disappointed that the white haired guy couldn't have made us stronger without such an extreme training regiment, but it was still quite effective. Finishing off a few more opponents a loud bell would ring of. Looking up as my attention had been caught by words appearing above the area saying that kyrotoshi had won. Placing my hands on my hip I would initiate an over dramatic laugh of triumph. After a few more minutes of my laughter as the losers began to leave the area I noticed thateverything on me had been dyed red from the blood of my enamoes with a little of my own mixed in here and there. Hearing the strange fox man's question I nodded and flexed my right arm tapping my muscle "of course I do"
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 4:33 pm

The fox faced man seems pleased with himself as he looks over the two of us. He folds his arms and rubs his chin with his left hand as he admits, "I guess ya did pretty good today then. For that I won't kill ya just yet." He appears behind the both of us and slaps us harshly on the back. Our attire changes slightly and a symbol that looked like the silhouette of a plush teddy bear with a ball like antennae protruding from its head (moogle). He nod and assures us, "ya now my people. See ya around." Almost as soon as he appeared, the man vanished. I pause for a moment wondering what had just happened before turning to the other male. It hits me how long we had been in the system and I assume that "...he must have had to attend to things in the real world. Since I've been here a while I'm going to log off as well." 165

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:11 pm

Updated Jyn
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:35 pm

Updated Nikki
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing A Game Online   Playing A Game Online Empty

Back to top Go down

Playing A Game Online
Page 1 of 1