Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Forgoten Shrine(Closed)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Forgoten Shrine(Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:40 pm

Adrian's eyes narrowed as he entered the clearing, a frown crossing his face as he stared at the house like shrine in front of him. His brow furrowed as he looked back to the leather bound journal in his hands. His grandmother had been quizical with her backwards writing. It had thrown him off completely until he'd caught the reflection in a glass of a beer bottle while he was working. But that was another life. A life he'd given up to become who he was at this moment. But try as he might he couldn't bring himself to forget it.

He had gone so far as to accept this mask as his face, wanting to block out everything that reminded him of that former life, and he knew that in time he would have to be rid of these journals as well. They had helped him to identify weaknesses, and strengths among the demons which he now resided. He wasn't a demon, nor would he call himself human either. He was something more than human but not yet ascended like Oni or Kami. He was the step between. Like the mythical Dhampir not quite a vampire, but not quite human either. But that was only to an extent. Dhampirs were born that way. Adrian was a human that had been allowed among the demons of the Western Woods simply for his strengths and the darkness that was consuming him.

He walked to the doors of the shrine and reached out, his fingers curling around the edge of the door, trying to slide it open slowly. He set his jaw as he began pulling at the door, trying to open it. But it wouldn't open. He knew that the lines his grandmother had written in this journal referred to this place. But if his guess was correct, this place was no home to a spirit.

His studies had included shrines, the ones in the city and those going into the deep of the Western Woods. The ones in the city were much like this one, old, falling apart, but slightly better because they had people keeping them looking somewhat nice. But the ones deep in the Western woods were beautiful and elaborate.

He sighed and looked around. He frowned, his hand reaching up to grip the horns of his mask. Shifting it back he stared at the shrine, his arms folding over his chest, trying to take this entire shrine in. It was strange, though he'd never been here before the dark haired male couldn't help but feel almost comfortable. As if he'd just come home after a long trip.

(440/440)
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female
Number of posts : 336
Rep! : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 4:05 pm

Forgoten Shrine(Closed) Kitko [/size]
[/center]
At some point in my wondering the buildings had turned to trees and the road to dirt. I knew I was lost, but this entire place was strange, and with no memories I guess it didn’t really matter? How could possibly get more lost? I couldn’t, the only thing I do was keep moving forward. Even if I had no purpose or reason for doing so, other than I may find something of interest. But as the sounds of the loud city faded into near nothing, I felt at home here. I looked around a moment before allowing my fox like ears to be free of there hiding spots beneath my hair and shaking head a bit in relief. "Ah that’s better" I hummed to my self. Without he worries of normal people, I was able to focus more on the small things, simple comfort was my only concern now.
I continued to stroll, the Forrest became wilder and more untamed and seemed to awaken that wilds inside my self. I even found my self picking up speed and soon bounding over logs and swinging around the base of trees in a care free sprint to no where. However my carelessness was only rewarded with disaster as I failed to keep an eye on the ground tripped over a well hidden rock in the under brush. The sudden misstep was enough to send me head over toe down a hill and I landed in even thicker brush. I lay there a moment. In no really hurry to get to my feet, perhaps a afraid I’d find I had broken something. After a moment the pain wore off and I checked my body for injury. Nothing too serious seemed to be wrong, few scraps and that was it. While I was inspecting my cuts I heard a noise, not far off. My ears involuntarily swiveled towards the location and my eyes followed.
"Another person? Here?" I whispered to my self. I thought they all lived in the city, why would one be out here? I pondered but stayed put watching from hide away. Curiosity would not let me Idly brush off such a sight and I had to know what he was up to.

Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 4:34 pm

He wore long black robes with a white trim to them. Around his waist was a crimson sash, making him look almost like some kind of witch doctor. But the skull mask he wore, shifted up exposing his face to the sunlight, only added to that feel. He had his arms crossed over his chest, a brown leather bound book in his hand. Not hearing much or caring much about the noises from near by he ignored them. This deep there were no humans, even the sacred hunters were scarce in this area.

Adrian scratched at one of his eyebrows as he stared at the journal. He wasn't sure why but it seemed to him there was something hidden among what his grandmother had written. But after a bit he sighed and closed the book before he put it in his sleeve. He pulled the mask back down over his face, hiding everything, above his jaw, once more. He could hardly stand to look at himself let alone others.

He drew his hand back, the Devil's Teardrop appearing in his hand. He spun the bastard sword around as he turned, drawing a large circle in the ground. He turned to one of the near by trees and put his free hand against it. His hand ran against the bark slowly before he marked an A in the ground at it's base. He repeated the same with some of the other trees marking them with the letters A, O, B, Y. He moved back to the circle he'd drawn and drove his sword into the center of it, smiling behind his mask.

"Ash, Oak, Birch, and Yew... The only place in this forest that has all four in one spot. This is the place. I just hope I don't have to wait until spring." he said, standing there, facing the trees.

(310/750)
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 4:58 pm

[/center]

I watched for awhile, he didn’t look like the other humans, and what was with the sword and the letters? My curiosity deepened with each second that went by. But while I was very inquisitive, I was growing bored quickly, there had to be something fun I could do to make my wait more enjoyable. Some harmless little trick I could play to pass the time. "Aha.." I laughed softly to my self and hushed my lips so as not to be heard. "A few spores to make things interesting…" I said with a smile and held up my hand, blowing the mushroom spores into the air and letting the wind carry them to the unsuspecting victim. There glittering pleasant aroma soon filled the clearing. Lucky I was safe from the affects of drunkenness they had on other, but the end result was always fun to watch. I smiled to my self and my clever plan.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 5:26 pm

Adrian stood there contemplating what his grandmother's words meant before he caught the strange scent in the air. His eyes narrowed as he breathed the spores in unknowingly. All that was going through his mind was how the scent of the wind had changed and that the air was thicker. His eyes narrowed as the ground began to shift. His hand shot out, the Devil's teardrop vanishing from the ground with a swirl of black mist. With another swirl it was in his hand.

Falling to one knee he drove the blade back into the ground, using it to keep himself balanced. The world was spinning around him. Like almost any college boy his age Adrian had been to plenty of parties, and knew what it was like to be drunk. The first party he'd gone to he'd passed out and woken up in the hospital. He'd nearly died of alcohol poisoning.

"Raci' Veria, Bero!" he stammered out, his eyes squeezing shut.

He focused as best he could through the spell he cast, but try as he might it wouldn't come. Even using the language the spell naturally came form, he felt the mana leave his body and as he knelt there, the feeling didn't fade. It was still just as strong as ever.

(214/964)
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 5:47 pm

I watched intently and for awhile it appeared that nothing was going to happened. I was about to think my spell had failed when down he went. I pure glee and amusement I let out an uncontainable laugh and rolled in the bushes. I tried to quite my laugher but giggles still managed to slip out here and there. But I wasn’t so cautious about him now, he was probably to dizzy to even figure out where the laughs were coming from and so I enjoyed the nasty little trick I had planned in safety of my concealed spot.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 6:01 pm

"R...Raci' Veria, Bero!" he shouted, his eyes narrowing as he panted lightly.

Rising to his full height he moved toward the bush she rolled in. The spell was powerful enough to break the enchantment but with the spores in the air there was no way he could hold it for long. He just breathed slowly, getting more and more drunk as he moved to the bush. Standing there his eye twitched lightly behind the mask he wore, staring down at the bush.

"Come out of there or I'll cut you out." he said, his arm twitching lightly as he gripped his sword tightly.

He was drunk again at this point and his judgment was way off. Even if he was talking to the right bush, the one next to the one she was in, he was sure that his control was too far off. He'd probably cut her up with the bush. Raising his sword he brought it down, slashing into one bush, cutting it up. When it was down to nearly nothing he moved to the one she was in.

"You know... I might be drunk but you're not gonna get away this time..." he said.

(198/1,162)
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 6:12 pm

My giggling was cut short as he chanted then came for the brush near me. "Oh…not good…" I thought to my self, but I wasn’t in a panic just yet. In fact I giggled a bit more at the barbaric way he took to dicing the shrubs. It was comical, but when he was moving closer to my position I realized it was time to get serious. There's no way he’d hack me to pieces, not the way he was going about it anyway. Still I'm not one to take chances and I disappeared before his first blow even finished slicing threw the first leaf and by the time his blade was half way through where I would have been sitting I reappear a few feet behind him. A good distance out of his blades retch.

"hehe, do you always pick on poor defenseless bushes sir?" I asked with a sly and piercing gaze as I grinned. My hip was out so my hand had a comfortable place to rest while the other hung at my side. This was more fun than I’d hoped for.

Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 6:27 pm

He turned to face her his sword coming up amazingly level for someone in his drunken state. As he stood there his arm began to shake lightly before he lowered the sword. He watched her from behind his mask, his eyes very suspicious. He didn't trust people who appeared out of nowhere. Then again he didn't trust many people at all. He watched her and laughed at her comment on attacking the bushes. Lowering his sword he he sat down, still laughing.

"I only attack the bushes when they laugh at me." he said, watching her as he took a flask from his sleeve.

He downed part of the contents before he sealed it and put it away again. His head would begin clearing, hopefully, as he sat there, watching her. He looked her up and down, taking in her body and the way it stood. She had a lot of balance and grace for a woman that appeared to be from the city. Most city folk while balanced were overconfident in themselves. This woman's stance gave no indication of that. She had a form of confidence he rarely saw even among the spirits.

"Where are you from stranger? You don't come from the city... Are you from heaven or hell?" he asked leaving his sword on the ground.

(219/1,381)
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 8:36 pm

I smiled as he said he only attacked bushes that luaghed at him. "Ah I see" I answered looking him over, he looked interesting enough but all that just made wonder what exactly he was hidding under that mask. My attention was rederected at his next question after a moment.
"Me? well I guess that depends on who is asking, but I’d say some where in between." I answered coyly. I stroll around the marks in the dirt.
"What exactly are you up to?" I asked, but the question was more to my self, as I studied the annotation.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 8:58 pm

"This is the only place in this forest with a Shrine that has Ash trees, Oak trees, Birch trees, and Yew trees in the same area." he said, smirking as he watched her. "Try as I might that door wont open. That means there's something special inside. I'm a student of everything paranormal. Kami, Oni, even the various spirits that seek to possess bodies. There's something here, I'm just not sure what it is yet. Though I will find out exactly what it is."

He smiled, watching her, his eyes scanning her body slowly. She was very beautiful but something was off. She didn't seem right. She was too fast. Either she had magic he'd never seen before or she was way beyond what she appeared to be. But try as he might he couldn't help but think he'd seen her somewhere before. He shook his head lightly, still trying to shake off the feeling of being drunk. He was amazed he'd gotten that much out without slurring anything.

(169/1550)
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 9:08 pm

As he informed me about the trees it seemed all very trivial, trees were not intensely engaging. However the door was, so I sauntered towards it. Of course even though he’d already informed me of it being locked, I tried the handle and nothing. If I had had my ears out this point they would have twitched in irritation. Locked doors, fences, boundaries, all obstacles to my boundless curiosity. I always wanted to see what others didn’t want to show, wanted to be where others didn’t want me to be. It was all a game, and the challenge had been made.
"Piece of pie, I can get you on the other side of that flimsy door easy. But…I’d need a good reason to do so" I said turning back and leaning on the door. The game was on, a quick puff of smoke and I could easily by pass the door.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 9:20 pm

Laughing as she tried the door he slowly got to his feet before moving toward her. I can see the irritation on her face as she fails to get the door open. Getting in wasn't the only problem but it never hurt to get in anyway. According to what had been written it couldn't be found without the harvest moon. Even then it didn't even allude to whatever was inside this shrine. But I wasn't looking for weaponry, or spells, or anything like that. Knowledge was what I sought. If knowledge was power then I intended to be a god. But even if this place didn't have anything in it but another 'clue' to something my grandmother knew about, it was worth it.

"Alright... And what does it cost me to get inside?" he asked, frowning as he stood there looking at the door.

(114/1664)
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 9:33 pm

Hmm now that was the question, wasn’t it? What to ask for, I could be mean and as for something that he could never find. No, I to wanted to know what was inside, giving him a dead end would only end in me not getting my way either. Of course I could just leave him and go look for my self. I had noticed he was carrying a sword though, and that usually meant he planned on using it, my tricks were nice but no good if I got in over my head. Best not to go in alone, well that settled it. I’d ask for something simple and important.
"Your Name" I asked with cheerful smile pushing off of the door.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:08 pm

He stood there, frowning as he stared at the door. That was something he hadn't been expecting. And something he wasn't used to being asked. The demons referred to him as human or boy. Only the Goddess knew his true name. And anyone else he asked he gave the same response. Adrian Darren Farenheights was dead. There was only the goddess' agent Wrath, otherwise known as Fu Leng.

"My name is Fu Leng. But you can call me Wrath if you choose." he said, standing there.

It's not like anyone that knew his real name knew where he was. He had faked his death, using a corpse to throw the cops off. And with Satsu's strength with fire magic it was unlikely that there was much left of it but charred remains. It had taken time, but the swordsman had abandoned his old life for his new plans.

(149/1813)
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:34 pm

Well that was an interesting name. I didn’t ask how he’d come by it, because that wasn’t deal, and I was always true to my word. I stepped over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.
"Well then, Wrath-Sama, you might want to hang on" I said with a wink, and in a flash of an eye we were inside, the smoke fading from our sudden jump. My ears twitched as I scanned the area just inside the door. Wait…ears? I quickly let a hand reach to my head and find they had popped out, and not just my ears but my tail was swaying lightly behind me.
"Hmm…must have happened just before the jump.." I murmured to my self, looking to see if he had noticed or if he was still recovering from the teleport.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 12:14 am

Adrian waved the smoke out of his face, as he coughed. He was recovering well from being drunk. Without the spores constantly filling his lungs he was starting to snap out of it. But he was either imagining things or was way more wasted than he thought he was. She had ears. And a tail. No way. Then again a Kitsune wouldn't be unbelievable. It's a shock but the masked male had surely seen things that were far stranger than usual. He stared at her, for a moment and shrugged before he looked the inside of the shrine.

"Now I regret not having a light." he said, frowning as he tried to come up with something to see with.

Light filtered through a few holes in the roof, and between the blinds on the windows. It was big enough to be a home for maybe two people or a large storage area. But the building was nearly empty of anything human. Scrolls hung from the walls in the language of demons, something Adrian still didn't understand. The Oni he spent time with always spoke in human languages. He frowned as he looked them over, before moving to a small bookshelf. He took a few scrolls out and took a look at them before rolling them back up. He was starting to get frustrated. He still couldn't speak that language let alone read it.

"Well this is certainly helpful. I just need to learn to read it..."

(246/2,059)
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 12:52 am

My eyes caught his for brief a moment, he’d seen me but said nothing of my ears and tail. Assuming he was used to this sort of thing I made no attempt to hide them and began looking around. In the low light my eyes had no trouble seeing, but I assumed his were having trouble, without a second thought I lifted my hand and summoned a small orb of fire that swirled and burned floating a few inches above my palm. I stepped over to Wrath and allowed the light to illuminate the many scrolls. It was a bit disappointing, I was hopping for something shinny or epic and instead there was just junk.
"This is it?…" I said peeking over his shoulder at the illegible scroll. While I stared at the strange writing my eyes strayed up his arm to his shoulder then his mask. I wanted to ask my curiosity was eating at me from the inside out. But I redirected my attention back to the room.
"Maybe there is a secret passage, witch some treasure or something" I said, to preoccupy my mind with something else.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 1:03 am

"Perhaps. We can still look around. But then again this may yet be the treasure I've been looking for. I need to find the cypher though. There has to be something. A repeating symbol representing a letter, or something. There has to be something that can be translated. There has to be a way to find out what these are saying. For all we know they could be telling us how to kill the gods themselves. Then again it may just be some cooking recipe. It could take years to decypher all of this." he said, going over more scrolls.

It truly was a treasure of knowledge of some kind, but unless someone could read it, it was unlikely they'd ever know. But it didn't matter. Adrian put the scrolls back before he began searching for a secret passage, if only to placate the kitsune.

"Okay grandma... Why am I here?" he asked out loud as he moved around shrine.

After finding nothing he folded his arms over his chest. He stared at the ground, tapping his exposed chin lightly. He couldn't help but feel that something was still not right. The lines in the journal had made reference to the harvest moon. It might mean that he had to wait until that time to find anything special, but if that were true then what was so special? What was someone hiding here? And was it still here? All of these questions kept turning over in the masked male's head.

"It's likely that whatever was here is gone." he said.

(260/2,319)
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male
Number of posts : 884
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 2:51 am

Adrian updated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forgoten Shrine(Closed)   Forgoten Shrine(Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Forgoten Shrine(Closed)
Page 1 of 1