Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Arrival in Darkness

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Arrival in Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Arrival in Darkness   Arrival in Darkness EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 2:27 am

Cold... so cold... the energy of the portal feels like ice crystals sticking to my flesh as well as going thru it. I gasp as the sensation of the feeling takes my breath away and suddenly everything goes dark and silent. I could hear birds and the whistle of the wind before which leads me to believe that whatever this "other side" or Onitoshi place is, it is where I am currently headed. Now that isn't bad at all, except that I have no idea where this place actually is, b/c I have never seen it on a map, read its name in a report or even heard it before in conversation with demons. This fact of omission by the dark demons bothers me a bit. Also with Oni as the beginning of the name and the term "other side" associated with... oh damn. The word "Toshi" is old tongue for "land or city". Just great! I willingly just entered the portal to the land of the dark demons! So Onitoshi is the true name. Oh shit! How can a mortal survive in hell? A dim light surrounds me followed by another one and another and more. Suddenly, I notice that they are not lights but dark sprites. They fly around me and one of them starts speaking that strange language again... the one that I started speaking to the obnoxious figure in the forest. I look at them blankly and they start speaking in a slightly different manner that leads me to believe that they are trying to find the means to communicate with me. One of them starts speaking Coven Tongue and I look at that one. I respond in Coven Tongue and he asks, "What are you doing here?" I respond in tongue, "I was led to the portal and I appeared here." The dark sprite tells me that I am mortal and I nod to him. Another sprite shakes his head. "He is not mortal. He is something else. Something that appears to be both mortal and spirit, but not an oni."

The illusionist appears behind me with their helper and the sprites look at him with disgust. The sprites tell me to flee. I look at them then at the figure and they tell me that they have to get me back to the mortal realm before I die and something tells me to stay. I look at the sprite that first communicated with me and ask him to show me around this place. The others look at me dumbfounded as he peers quizzically at me and nods slowly. The illusionist tells me that we must go and I tell him that I want to see that big city up ahead. He goes to speak again, but finds that he cannot draw enough air to speak. "Why are you still bothering me?" His helper moves to distract me but I hold him in position. "Run along and leave me be. Is that understood?" I fling them as hard as I can and float after the dark sprite. "So what is this city called? Actually what are you called?" The sprite grins before he responds, "The city is called Arden, it is the Capital City of Onitoshi. I am a fey spirit called a dark sprite. My name if this is what you were wondering is Gilboa. It's a good thing you're strong b/c you will need that strength here. Why did you not try to return to the mortal realm?" I look at Gilboa and shrug. "I want to see what this place is all about and why Pest was trying to get me to come here. He must have known that I would not die and your friend didn't seem to think that I was gonna die." Gilboa looks at me and tells me, "You're not really human. I can feel that much from you. I cannot get a solid lock on what exactly you are, but I am sure that you are no mere mortal. Sadly for you though, you're not immortal either though." I look at the little guy who comes to take a seat on my shoulder, "So what am I then?" Gilboa shrugs and tells me that he might know someone that can tell me though. I nod to him and we keep walking to the city gates.

Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Darkness   Arrival in Darkness EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 2:05 am

As we enter the gates, the guards look at me but don't say anything. It would seem as tho this confusion regarding what I am is going to be an issue for a lil while. Gilboa asks me if I wanna turn back and I shake my head at him. I tell him that I will need to acquire a cloak in order to make my attire as that will stand out to those with weak sensing ability and he flies off without saying anything. I look at the direction that he travels but decide to continue walking forward instead. A large demon that actually looks like an orc from that one game I used to play in Realm 2.0's predecessor system. He looks at me and snorts and my eyes begin to glow slightly. He looks at me again and decides against any action. I keep walking forward and Gilboa reappears and tells me to follow him quickly. I take off after him and we come to an alley where there is a humanoid metaphysical spirit with a body type that matches my own laying on the ground and Gilboa starts chanting as he flies around the body. The body vanishes and the cloak that was on it floats in the air. I step forward towards the cloak while I remove my blazer and drape the cloak over my shoulders. It conceals the front of my body as I make sure nothing is in my pockets. I go to leave the blazer behind and Gilboa grabs it and after chanting for a moment, the blazer is "vacuumed" into his little messenger satchel. Gilboa informs me, "If you leave stuff like that around, the hounds can track you down easier. You'll probably get a few bounties or contracts placed on you if you stay here too long, so you need to be more careful." I nod to the little fellow before we continue walking and my stomach growls and he tells me that he knows just the place for us to correct that. I wasn't sure where we were going since I wasn't aware of the fact that spirits actually ate, but this was most interesting to see what they ate.

We come a tavern and I look around to get a feel of my surroundings. The area isn't that clean and the characters hanging around these parts look a little shady. I walk inside and as I enter the tavern, a group of seedy figures approach the tavern. Inside, the place is bustling with energy and Gilboa tells me that since my body is still mortal, that I can satisfy my hunger here with different energy drinks. I peer at the sprite unsure of how an energy drink is handle my hunger, but we head to the bar regardless. The bartender is a busty female demon with brownish green skin who looks at me when I step up and she asks me what I'll be having. I ask for a menu and she looks at Gilboa. My eyes are forced shut and I hear a different female voice, "Prince, there are men coming to capture you. Someone knew of your arrival and is planning to kill you before you can reach us. I am unsure if you can trust the dark fey, so be careful. Order a bottle of Special 8. As soon as you get the bottle, take a drink. Help is on the way." My eyes open back up and I ask for a bottle of Special 8 like instructed. The bartender looks at me strangely before she walks off to the back. I tell Gilboa that a group of men is coming after me soon. He tells me that there is a lot of building aggression towards me and I start scanning the area. "Gilboa, if things escalate, you're gonna want to get out of here quickly and find me later. He nods and asks me why I ordered the bottle that I did. I tell him that I am not sure, but something told me to do it. I ask what sparked his curiosity and he tells me that this tavern is the only one that carries that particular bottle. I am more concerned with finding the source of the female voice claiming to be sending aid for me.

761/1540
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Darkness   Arrival in Darkness EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 3:15 am

I begin to scan the area looking for any figure that would seem to match that voice, but this overbearing feeling of anticipation for the coming group bothers me. I place my back to the bar and look out at the mass gathering of demons in this tavern and I just grin at them. Any of them who wanted to be the first to try and kill the human were more than welcomed to try. One of the demons throws a mug of liquid at me and the mug stops in mid air before any liquid is spilled then flies back at the male demon and strikes him in the head with both the mug and the liquid. As if it's a game, objects continue to fly at me and with all of them the objections fly right back at them. You would think that at some point they would realize the truth about this exercise of my telekinetic powers... their attempts are futile. I guess they figure that I can't pay attention well b/c the next move is to throw items from different directions. I have to admit that this is actually a true test for me because I had not really explored the depths of my growing telekinetic prowess since arriving here so I could not be sure if the fight was a matter of adrenaline or a fluke surge in my powers or if it was a legitimate application of the growth. I push the items back at the same time without even moving. When the game lulls, I take this time to refresh my energy.

Moments later, the female bartender returns and the demons seem to behave themselves with her return. So they are afraid of her it would seem. She places the bottle on the counter and Gilboa tosses her a gem and thanks her. He asks me if I really want to drink that and I ask him why he seems concerned. He tells me that I don't know what's inside of it and I just ordered it in Onitoshi. I nod to him and tell him that my instincts are telling me to drink it. Originally it was the mysterious women, but now something inside of me was calling for me to drink it. She cleans out a goblet before setting it on the bar and pours my glass for me. Sliding the glass over to me, she looks at Gilboa with a sense of worry on her face. I lift the glass to my face and sniff the elixir and it has an intoxicating scent. I could smell tropical fruit in its aroma and as I lift it to my lips to sip it, it is an incredible sensation that I feel as I drink the nectar. It has the taste of a dessert wine mixed with a nectar yet it also has a smooth yet thicker texture to it. Drinking more of it, I finish the glass and she looks at me in shock. "Would you like another glass, stranger?" I begin to lower my head in a nod and a sharp surge flows thru my body. My eyes widen in pain and shock as the air in the tavern begins to vibrate with raw energy. My breathing becomes more strained and my pulse quickens as the nectar wine flows thru my body. I am beginning to think that there is something that Gilboa should have but did not tell me about this wine. Before I have the opportunity to ask him what I just drank or what's happening to me right now, my body floats into the air. Gilboa leaps off of my shoulder and lands on the bar.

My eyes close slowly as the door to the tavern opens and a group of armed male demons walk in and one is holding his hands up towards my body. One of the other demons looks at me and says, "They sent all of us to capture him? He is a huume! This is a waste of our..." His body ignites into flames and one of them tries to put him out but they are unable to do it. "Kami fire?!" My eyes open and I am staring at his body... make that his corpse. They turn their attention to me and a dagger that had been thrown at me earlier during the game is dislodged from the wall and pierces the skull of the one who thought he was holding my body in the air. There are three remaining. The closest one to me screams out in pain as flames shoot out from his eyes. The screams cease shortly after the fire is "sucked" into the ocular recesses of his skull. My attention turns to the fourth demon who fires off a blast of each energy at me but I am not there. I appear closer and closer to him as he continues to fire off energy that seems to pass right thru me. In actuality, I am using my enhanced speed which now is moving much faster than ever before as I evade the attacks. Levitating in the air directly in front of him, the demon surrenders upon seeing that his leader can't move. Now that was quite impressive. I hadn't even noticed that I was holding him in place. Perhaps I really am getting stronger. I look at the leader who tells me that I might as well kill him. I look over at him and just shake my head. There is no expression of emotion from me as he speaks. The torsos of their fallen comrades are exposed and a message is burned into the chest of the first demon corpse written in the same strange tongue that I had spoken before I entered the portal, when this new power first manifested. I look at the demon who surrendered and telekinetically move his body to kneel before the corpse and smack him in the back of the head so he reads it out loud, "I am the Light within the Darkness..." I add the next bit for him to continue to read.

While I am doing this, new figures appear in the tavern causing widespread fear to flow thru the tavern like the strong smell of blood and burnt demon flesh had been doing. I am completely unaware of this as my focus is on the message. My senses are aware of danger, but this growing fear lowers my concerns. The demon continues to read, "Born of the Light and the Dark, I embrace both yet neither." The first corpse is suspended in the air while the second is moved over to replace it so that I can continue to work on the message. The demon looks at me and asks what I am since they had thought that I was merely a huume until all of this happened. The demon reads as the new symbols appear, "I... am... Dark... Kami!" The demon looks at me with newfound fear and my eyes sharpen on him. His trembling voice inquires, "Who... are... you?" The second body is suspended in the air with just that message and the charred corpse is lifted into the air as well. Charred flesh begins to peel away revealing the Manticore Crest. The new figures step in and I try to lift their bodies into the air to restrain them, but they seem to be immune. A female steps forward and looks at me with so strange an emotion. There is great elation in her eyes regardless of the stone exterior that she portrays. There also seems to be shock and disbelief upon looking at me that makes me wonder if there is something about my appearance that is familiar to her or something. Certain individuals seem to have very distinct reactions to seeing me, but I don't even remotely understand it. She moves her hand away from the weapon at her hip and speaks, "Stay your wrath, my Prince. Your Uncle has sent us to find you. Welcome home, Prince Psyre. Your powers are growing, but they are not strong enough to restrain me." It is her! The voice. She speaks the truth tho as I cannot restrain her. She seems to have a resistance to it. Her voice begins to sing into my mind and I find myself getting tired. I have heard this before, but I am unsure of where. Why does this song have such an effect over me? I am... fading. My eyes close and my body begins to fall towards the ground. One of the figures with the female wearing a full mask concealing his features appears in front of me and grabs me before I can hit the ground. The other figures seize the two remaining demons and the female walks over to my unconscious body. "The Warlord will be pleased. The bottle." One of her operatives retrieves the bottle from the bar and the group vanishes leaving Gilboa behind.

The dark fey looks at the bartender and she asks him how it is possible that a dark kami lives within the body of a huume and that the huume is in Onitoshi. He shakes his head before telling her that he is not quite sure, but if the Manticore showed up here to retrieve him then something major is definitely going on. The bartender tells Gilboa that she has never seen anyone react to Special 8 like that. Gilboa speaks quietly with her and says, "I have heard rumors and this truly makes me think that they are true now. Special 8 is a bloodwyne, isn't it? More than that, it is the blood of kamikonjou that you add to the wine." She tells him to be careful what he says and who he says it to. Gilboa tells her that she does not need to worry about him saying anything. It would be more a concern of the fact that the House of Manticore is aware of the bottle's contents. She tells him that that is not possible and Gilboa informs her that I told him that someone was coming for me right after I ordered the bottle and said that it was my instincts that led me to request it, then a Manticore operative team arrives led by the Personal Mistress of the Manticore Warlord. The bartender asks Gilboa if he can help her. The dark fey smiles at her and nods. "Of course, I can help you... for a price of course." Considering that her alternatives aren't too plentiful, the bartender tells him that they can discuss the details after the main bartender returns from purchasing the new stock of supplies. The servant demons move about to clean up the mess left behind as Gilboa sits on the bar looking around as things begin to return to normal.

1909/949
Upgrade +2: Telekinesis II (2500)
Upgrade +1: Telekinesis II (2500)

Last edited by Psi_Prince on Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Darkness   Arrival in Darkness EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 7:20 am

I find myself floating along on my back in the air watching all sorts of strange spirit particles, energy sources, and creatures move around me. Looking around, I turn over to find that I am not sure where I am but it is extremely beautiful here. It is like a paradise palace in a tropical jungle. There are massive waterfalls in the near distance, a large, lush garden with a pond built into the center with fish scattered about the pond. There is a collection of warriors training to the east of the pond and to the west is the background of the jungle itself. To the southeast, some of the warriors or monks are meditating. In the north section of the palace are artisans working and painting. What I see next completely baffles me as standing at the steps of the palace leading down to the back where the pond and training area is me but dressed in some archaic looking robes. I fly over to this person that looks so much like me and he looks at me. My facial expression clearly shows my confusion at what I'm looking at and he grins at me and finally speaks. When he speaks, I recognize the voice and the language as a matter of fact, but I don't know how I know the language. The voice though is that of the spirit that I have heard referred to as Quinto.

"Welcome, Psyre. It is imperative now that you have initiated the final symbiotic melding process that I teach you what you must know. This is our home. It is both a palace and a temple. It is our place of sanctuary. Should you die, this is where you will bring your successor symbiote as I have brought you here. You are more unique than most that come here though b/c you will be the first host that I will attempt a full meld with. After all, you did grow into my image."

"What do you mean? I don't understand. You are a spirit sharing my body. You are my image."

"Not quite. There were special circumstances surrounding your creation, Psyre. I have lived for quite some time now. I rarely traveled to the Earth Realm because honestly it's not as fun as Onitoshi to me. In Solvay, I could train all I wanted and in Arden, I could party I wanted. Still, when traitors tried to take my Uncle's life and threatened my second Uncle, I sacrificed myself so my Uncle here in Onitoshi could escape. Your mother was my most trusted servant and she sealed my spirit within her when I died. Worried that demons would try to kill her once they realized that I had not entered the Spirit Ocean. She fled to the Earth Realm where she fell in love with a mortal. I would have preferred a ritualistic insemination, but the result from the mortals' "natural way" was something that I could have expected. You are a kami with a human body. Growing amongst huumes has allowed your origin to remain a secret. Your mother was discovered and killed by enemies of the House of Manticore, but before she died, she telepathically contacted my... well our Uncle in the Earth Realm. Once he learned that I was asleep inside of a mortal boy, he vowed to look after you and guide you. It took him a while to find you, but when you first accessed our powers as a boy to protect yourself, he felt your power and has been protecting you from harm ever since until you were finally ready to begin the process. The next step was simply brilliant planning. The House of Manticore is renown for its Strategists and Uncle showed why.

You inherited my rebellious nature as I hated conforming people and I ran my army how I wanted to and we were successful because I did whatever was necessary and I eliminated whoever needed to be removed in order to obtain victory and obedience. When you rebelled against your father, Uncle saw the opportunity to take a much closer and more hands-on role in your development. Are you beginning to catch on yet?"

I look at Quinto and pause for a moment in thought before I take a step back in disbelief. "There's no way. He can't be a demon. Mr. Coremanti? Core... manti... or Manti... core... So he let everything happen to me on purpose."

"Uncle Marqos did what was necessary for your development. Crystal had been taken in by Marqos down in Onitoshi when he rescued her in Solvay Forest. He raised her as a daughter and trained her to survive. Once he discovered your existence, he sent her to the Earth Realm in order to place her with the Coven of witches that he had encountered and spared. What he did not know was that they were working for an enemy House in Onitoshi. Crystal discovered it in time and informed Uncle Marqos in secret. She then convinced them that she had had a premonition vision about you and told them that you would be the one to change their coven forever. Once they bought into it, she informed Marqos of her plan, so he knew that you were going to be kidnapped and exactly where they were going to take you. Since nearly all of them are mortals, Marqos was unable to remain undetected in the altar room and he performed the ritual to wake me up before the others entered. When they began their little ceremony, Uncle killed the spirits and basically fed them to me so that I could accelerate my healing and awakening. From there, he created an illusion of the whole demons merging together and all of that good stuff. Crystal had managed to get them to acquire special herbs that she needed to give you to help with the symbiosis process for the two of us.

Crystal always knew that Carmina would betray you as that had to occur as a catalyst for you to fulfill her prophecy to them. Once we have you strong enough, you're going to annihilate the Coven. Also, Carmina would be the necessary training partner to help you develop your skills. The one wild card that took a great deal of my strength was the demon blood incident and major wound that came with it. I hadn't used that healing effect ability for quite a few years before then and there is a secret that you will learn about the blood of spirits and its effects."

Looking at Quinto, I shake my head with growing anger, "So my life has been one theatrical performance for all of you?! You just toy with me as you wish."

Quinto tells me, "If you are not the one moving the pieces, then you are a piece being moved. You will calm yourself or I will destroy you. A Strategist controls his emotions and is not controlled by them. You have lost your way, young Prince. You have lost your control, so now you must learn to control yourself and your powers. The Bloodwyne is going to cause you some discomfort while your body is getting used to the effects because you will drink quite a bit of it to help you strengthen your powers."

I nod to him and ask him, "During this melding process that you have been mentioning. When it's over, who will be in control? Me or are you going to take over my body?"

The dark kami smiles, "You will retain full control as I will not be here. You will gain access to my memories sort of like a vault of information. You will be able to meditate in order to access and/or relive the memories in order to gain knowledge or power. We also need to strengthen your mind because currently, you're rather susceptible to mental invasions. That is unacceptable. Let's walk, shall we?"

I nod to him and Quinto and I start on a tour of sorts around the grounds. I gather that I will be remaining in here for quite a while. He tells me that I need to grow stronger before we can complete the meld, but in the meantime, he would continue to help me unlock and upgrade powers. I ask Quinto why he would be willing to fade away if that is what this final melding process is gonna do to him. With his characteristic grin, "Psyre, I have lived for quite some time and in some respects, while you could be considered a clone of me, I think of you more as a son. I would gladly give up my existence if you are able to continue and improve upon what I have done. I have faith in you, young Prince. I believe that you will be able to serve Uncle even better than I had."

His son? I suppose his logic isn't far from the truth. His spirit had been sealed inside of me since birth, so instead of genetic material, I received spiritual material from Quinto including my powers. We start walking around and I truly just take in the scenery and architecture. I can't help but ask what he plans on teaching me next and Quinto replies, "When you are ready, I will teach you how to manipulate raw energy. The bottle, Special 8, represents infinity which like energy goes on forever. There are some very interesting things that one can do with energy manipulation. Don't worry, relax for a bit before you get all wound up about gaining more power. You still have to remember to enjoy and embrace life as well. A life of power with nothing else is a pointless, wasted life." We walk and I think about that concept for a moment. It makes sense to be honest.

1725/174
Upgrade +1 LV: Telekinesis II (2500)
Upgrade +1 LV: Telekinesis II (2500)
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Darkness   Arrival in Darkness EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 7:43 pm

That is what intrigues me the most about my maker. He possesses so much power, yet he holds no yearning to flaunt it. I do not quite understand, but I am sure that in time I will. As our walk continues, Quinto points out, "Look at the stream that flows through the garden, Psyre. Where does the water start and stop? If you feel the breeze of air, where does the wind come from and where does it go? Does it ever truly leave when it goes? When you use your still developing pyrokinesis to burn an obstacle away, do you ever destroy anything or do you simply change it from one thing to another? These are questions that help to explain energy and its cycle." I look at him quizzically and he tells me that when I manipulate an enemy using my telekinesis powers, I am manipulating energy with my mind. He tells me that it is important to understand the flow of energy in order to better understand my own powers. I nod to him and we keep walking. We walk by some sculptures and paintings and I inquire about the sculptures and he tells me that these were his closest allies and advisors. Turning to one of the paintings, it depicts a very vivid image of a battle. "I'm not sure what to call you now. You are like a spirit father for me, but I have a father and you are like a brother, but so much more than that. You gave me your life. There has to be a word for that." Quinto nods to me and says, "The term that closest describes our bond is Mosi or Tajaes. You wish to know about that battle tho?" I nod to him and he smiles, "Let's test your skills as a strategist then." We fly to the Strategy Room and he sits down at a table with a map on it. He sets up the board in the same situation as the battle in the painting and asks me how I would position the troops. "Troops? I don't understand. What are troops? You mean my teams?" Quinto closes his eyes for a moment and soon after, my eyes close as well as he access my memory vault. When he opens his eyes, he looks at me. "That must be nice. A city with no knowledge of real war. Sure, you know conflict, but you have yet to see war. Let me show you."

Quinto opens the memory to me and bear witness first hand thru his eyes at this foreign concept of large scale conflicts. As I travel thru the memory, he asks me how I would react to different movements by the enemy as well as our allies not under our command. In one instance, he sends word to the allied commander that they are not to pursue the enemy thru some pass with a weird name. The allied commander sent word to his units immediately but when one of the allied units routed an enemy unit. They pursued the enemy against orders because the enemy unit was a supply unit with gems, jewels, and ore which have high barter capabilities. So the enemy unit comes into the pass and the allied unit is right behind them. The memory moves our vision to an ambush unit above the pass and the memory "pauses" like had become the norm so that Quinto could ask me about my decision. Quinto asks, "So what would you do here, Psyre?" I look at the situation and tell him that I would trap the enemy unit and let the allied unit deal with them. "Since I can't clear the entire pass with this unit without endangering the allied unit, that is the only option." Quinto looks at me and adds, "Really? Knowing that your primary strategies are meant to force the enemy command unit into this pass to finish them off. If you block off either side, they will not be able to be entrapped as their scouts will tell them that this pass is blocked." I look at Quinto and ask him what other option I have. He tells me that I can unleash the ambush unit's powers to "cleanse" the pass. I am taken back by not only his response, but the calm ease in which he says it.

I ask with concern, "You would sacrifice your own allies because they disobeyed your orders?" He fires back, "You would sacrifice the entire battle and perhaps the campaign because they disobeyed your orders and you were too soft to do what needed to be done?" When he says that, I stop for a moment to think about this. There has to be another way. I stop and I ask Quinto, "Does anyone in the ambushing unit have mastery over earth powers to be able to create quicksand?" Quinto stops and looks around and points to two people that have such skill. I nod and tell him that I would instead order them to use the quicksand powers to eliminate the enemy units with the quicksand, which will cause some casualties amongst the allied unit, but save far more of them. He nods to me with an accepting look. "That would probably be a very benevolent decision that would give you more manpower. I approve." We step out of the memory and return to the palace causing me to gaze around me. Now that was interesting. That memory felt so real too.

Quinto tells me that I have some softness left due to my human side and upbringing that will make me more dangerous. I tell him that I don't quite understand. "I thought my human blood was a weakness that I was trying to overcome?" He chuckles, "More than likely, you will never overcome that, Psyre. You are from two very separate realms, but there are many benefits to being such a being. You can enter City Metro and Onitoshi, other spirits can't do that. You have not been raised in war, so your first instinct isn't to destroy b/c you are used to limited resources and manpower. Your body is generally weaker than spirits, but your mind is stronger and what you can do with your mind has far more potential than most demons. You must embrace both sides, Psyre. You will struggle because you have to balance being human and kami." I ask my maker, "How am I to do this when I don't understand what it is to be a kami let alone a dark kami?"

Quinto chuckles at my question and places his hand on my shoulder, "The term 'kami' is short for kamikonjou, which is what our race is truly called. Kami are spirits of the light and good natured at the core. We have an animal form that generally looks like a unique breed of a small animal. The kami are known to battle the onikonjou or demons. When you have a war that has lasted as long as the Kami vs Oni war, the lines start to skew over time. Some oni lost faith in their side and decided to fight against the Oni, which are referred to as Light Oni, and some kami both lost faith in the cause, the Fallen Kami, and others simply realized what was necessary to achieve victory and strayed from the expected path. We are the later and so we are referred to as Dark Kami, but we utilize powers, tactics, and strategies that the demons use. The first of our 'kind' brought their legions to the border region to be closer to the battles since that's what they excelled at most. They noticed that the tactics and commands being given by the other superiors were becoming less and less effective because the demons were adapting and using new more vicious tactics. One of the High Commanders decided to change his tactics and the tide of battles in that region started to change in favor of the kami forces. Some resisted the change and were sent to other outposts while others who welcomed the change requested to be transferred to this outpost. Even when his legions massacred enemy strongholds, they spared innocent villagers and helped improve the farmlands there. The problem arose when an allied unit got cut off from a portal back to Koutaku-Shi. The unit had disobeyed the high orders against kami forces coming across the border into Onitoshi to hunt down enemies. The High Commander was not one to leave his forces to their doom, so he too disobeyed the high orders and sent a rescue force. They were retrieved successfully and safely, but other outposts felt that they were tainted. Despite their success in their mission of retrieving the daughter of a powerful noble, the unit's superiors were to undergo a process similar to that of a court martial.

"The penalty would have been execution, but the High Commander showed up in their place and took the blame for their actions. It was well known that he commanded unwavering respect and obedience at the outpost so he received the punishment and knowing that they could not kill him for worry of a revolt like with a group of the Fallen Kami, they ordered the High Commander to be exiled from Koutaku-Shi. The High Commander had only one place to go... Onitoshi. He returned to the outpost to say his goodbyes, but the legions that had been under his command were so loyal and knowing that they would made into outcasts without his protection and support, they accepted the punishment with him and the Dark Kami Legions were exiled to Onitoshi. They found their way to Arden, but knew they would not be welcomed, so they established strongholds in the outskirts of the capital city. They made treaties and alliances. The High Commander became a Warlord in Onitoshi and oversaw a territory like any other warlord. He protected and provided for his people. Despite all of them being outsiders, the spirits condemned to Onitoshi flocked to his territory because of how well they were able to live.

"The Dark Kami were happy for many years until a feud broke out between the High Commander's children. The middle son and his sister sought to take over the lands of the eldest son. The eldest son was at odds with the youngest of the three boys, so it seemed like he was going to fall. The Warlord would not get involved. The youngest son had been courting and protecting a fallen kami that the middle brother wanted to kill for killing some of his men. When the youngest would not allow it, the middle son sent an assassin to kill her. He discovered that he had the power to restore life and resurrected her. The young son also unleashed a fury against his older brother while his eldest brother battled against their sister's forces. The youngest became so focused on vengeance that he saw his natural form become more and more aggressive, almost to the point of being similar to an oni. The middle son was crushed and exiled to the far outskirts of Onitoshi near a place called Solvay Forest. The sister was spared and allow to keep her lands. The two remaining brothers assumed control over their brothers lands while also increasing their father's territory.

"For over two hundred years, there was peace and the sister was married to one of the Dark Kami commanders in the oldest son's forces. The three siblings protected their territories and focused on domestic improvements instead of fighting as much. They began to understand their father's focus on bettering the existence of his people over simply fighting all the time. This peace lasted until the Great Sleep of the High Commander."

Understanding what a great sleep should be, I comment that the High Commander died and Quinto shakes his head at me, "He did not so much die as did not stir from his meditation. He was protected by an energy barrier, but could not or perhaps would not move. With their leader gone, there was a significant power vacuum as he kept all of the children from going completely out of control. They built a monument to him in his palace before they began fighting over who would inherit his lands. The daughter was the first born, but traditions always passed the line of succession to the first born male heir, which would mean the eldest son. The eldest son had become content with educating his people and protecting his father's territory, but the youngest being the aggressor wanted to expand against his wayward sister who was challenging once again for power he felt. The female and younger siblings erupted into a bitter civil war. The eldest son focused his resources and forces on guarding his father's lands from those who would try to invade them now that the High Commander was gone. The sister gained the upper hand until the middle son returned at her request, to force the youngest to flee to the eldest for aid. The daughter probably would have obtained victory if she had not sought the help of her brother, thus angering the eldest who had become known as the "Volos Korol" or Psionic Griffin. Before this point, he had not shown his power beyond pacifying opponents, but this time, he protected his youngest brother while protecting the united territory from outside enemies. His strategies were on par every time. He was something more than what they were prepared for. Even the youngest bowed to him when everything was said and done. Showing his mercy, the Volos Korol allowed his brother to return to exile with his life and his sister this time so that they would not be alone in exile. Her husband was killed and her forces were disbanded and those loyal to the new "Crown", the Volos Korol, were assimilated into the new ranks. The rest were exiled with the other dark kami siblings. Peace was restored and with it came the dawn of the new era in the territory. The Volos Korol established a monarchy with his remaining sibling. He would oversee the territory and the younger would be its Guardian and Warlord.

"The territory would later be divided equally in two with the High Commander's territory being deemed sacred and protected by both Houses. The two houses are known by their respective animals... the House Volos Korol, the elder, and the House... Manticore, the younger. I was born with the knowledge of these events though my time would be nearly 50 years after its conclusion. Wars have never ceased in Onitoshi as different powers vie for control. Despite the raw power of the Dark Kami, we have never tried and probably never will try to amass too great a territory. We are secure and powerful here and we have allies. We have also found a home in Onitoshi. The rules are what you make them and life is more enjoyable to us after all this time. This is now your home as well, Psyre. I understand that you have lingering ties to the earth realm and maintain those, but know that you have another home. You have a heritage that is an intricate part of your being and as such is a very unique part of your power. Embrace your birthright and you will gain stronger understanding of your powers. It is from this history and heritage that we understand and enhance our powers. Rest for now, young Prince. You have grown enough for now. You need time for your body and your mind to adjust to all of this so that it does not overwhelm you."

As if on command, I find myself slowly fading away from the paradise teaching of my maker about "our kind" to open my eyes to a young servant girl next to me. Who... is... she? Where am I? Where is the other woman? Everything is so confusing right now, which causes me to stir then fall back into my slumber...

2826/3000
Unlock: Physical: Sensing Package (3000)
- 5 TEXP
Upgrade +1 LV (Mastered): Telekinesis II (2500)
Upgrade +1 LV (Honed): Telekinesis II (2500)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Darkness   Arrival in Darkness EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 11:16 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Darkness   Arrival in Darkness Empty

Back to top Go down

Arrival in Darkness
Page 1 of 1