Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]

Go down 
+10
KyroShiori
seVen
Surreal SaDiablo
LittleMariko
яuиє
Kaguyalover
aѕceпxion
Antifreke
Psi Prince
ShinTre_Admin
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 12:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Site Event - Manifest Destiny
(somewhere near the edge of the forest several miles outside the city to the north)
Time: Late night / Early Morning

Post 1:
The lights from the city can be seen from the forest line. The cityscape is dark like a dimly lit silhouette against the dark skies. The deep gray skies are filled with clouds and moderate rain that falls down over the city. At the city everything is relatively quiet with the muting sound of the rain fall and soft rolling thunder. Most of the city is sleep, office lights are off in the large skyscrapers that litter the metro, and night lights set dots in the burbs. Water drips from awnings. Hobos take refuge in alleys beneath covered shanty houses and the drug dealers decide not to sell drugs, canceled due to weather.

This night, two demons float in an alternate realm with a portal of the city in the background. One that looks like a little girl pets a small black cat that rests in her lap. She sits casually Indian style in the air. She looks at a stone alter in the center of the two. The demon, a pale skinny male with purple tribal markings and white and mixed hair, rests his elbows on the stone alter with a smile. A screaming body is strapped to the stone alter. It writhes in pain. Bandage tape with rune markings and small odd symbols covers its head, face, upper torso and right arm. Only its mouth and lower face can be seen. It screams but no voice comes out. The male demon, Imorte, speaks.

"All done. Now let's go send it to play."

Krys looks up and smiles.

Moments later a walking corpse walks into City Metro. It doesn't register on the barrier until it's right in front of the Division 12 HQ. Alarms go off and soon the body is surrounded by roughly 12 agents and a van pulling up. The man's body and face is covered in bandages. It looks around and yells randomness.

"The end is near!... They're coming for it all!... don't allow them to awaken the six pillars! Hell manifests on earth."

He continues to rant. The yelling isn't exactly understandable. The only thing understandable is something about a Forrest. He is answered with normal very understandable cop talk:

"Sir! Lie on the ground with your hands behind your head, or we will take you out!"

There is no prior warning. The time is up, the bandages activate and the male explodes. The explosion is very large and takes out the squad surrounding him. The street, parking lot, and Division 12 HQ is damaged and the City Metro barrier system goes off line.

Action: It's raining, it's pouring, an old man is snoring and there was an explosion somewhere in the city.
Rules come as I need them o.o
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net

AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry

Number of posts : 6937
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 6:43 pm

:: Domen :: After the CGI and visual effects, the large towering demonic male risees from the ground between the demon hounds and the house with his arms folded and looking out at the new challenge. He frowns lightly at the task before him that he felt was unworthy of his time. Confidently, he assures, "this will be a small task." Untucking his arm, he lifts a fist out and curls his arm up with a short, "dark winds rip apart these beasts!" A ripping wave of dark energy cuts the distance between the hounds and the demon for the opening blow against them.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Number of posts : 3978

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 7:36 pm

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 Ingel_13

.:: Manifest Destiny ::.

I gave a nod to what Jyn had to say as I turned my attention back to the road. As I watched the road ahead of us, waiting for us to get back to HQ, something unexpected happened ahead of us, the ground breaks apart and a red glow is emited from the break in the road. As Jyn slams on the breaks, I reach up above the door for the 'oh shit' handle above the door and brace my self as the car slides across the road before it came to a stop. Once the car had came to a stop I releaded the handle above the door and glanced over to Jyn before shifting my attention to the fissure, noticeing the dog like creatures that were starting to come out of it.. Right now it was one of those moments that someone would think they are seeing things or they just stumbled onto the set of a movie, but with what I had seen in the past I knew this indeed was happening and when the orders from Jyn came, I knew it was going down.

Pushing the towel off my lap, I reach over and open the door, following suit and making my way out of the car. As I exit the car, I glance back to the trunk Jyn had opened before turning my attention back to the hounds that where climbing out of the fissure, " .. So how are we going to play this Jyn? ". Back in the van, the order Jyn had given over the radio was met with enthusiastic 'hell yeahs!' and 'lock'n'load!' as the rest of our squad began to move out of the van before they began to take up positions behind what cover they could find.

Post WC: 297
Total WC: 986

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 Ingel_14
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:52 pm

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 Wolf_l10

Manifest Destiny

I didn't have time to respond to what Grunty had to say before she was on her way again. " You should follow after her Lancy, forget about this stupid human's mission and lets go. " As the voice spoke to me, I glanced around for a moment to get my barrings, though the voice wanted me to go a different way, I wasn't sure if I should... Since Grunty was already on her way somewhere else, I began to move once more, heading once again towards the Division 12 building. The sounds of gunfire had already filled the air, eminationg from the area I was heading too.

My advance was brought to an abrupt halt as I turned a corner, only to find a large hole in the ground with some strange dog creatures surrounding it. When I seen this I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at the creatures before me. My first thought was to back track and find a way around this new development, however, I was unable to do so.. I was in the prossess of taking a step when one of the creatures attention shifted to me. When the beast seen me I came to a stop once more and looked across the distance at it as it looked back at me. As we gazed at each other we made eye contact for a moment before the thing let out a hellish howl before it charged for me.

As soon as the thing let out the howl, I knew there was no way to get away with out some sort of confrontation. While the beast ran at me, I reached into my coat, gripping two of my throwing knives and quickly pulled my arm from my coat and launched them at the creature as it charged for me. After launching the knives at the beast, I reached back into my coat and gripped the handle of one of my knife and pulled it from its sheath and out of my coat. Though the throwing knives I had thrown hit the beast they did little to stop the thing in its charge and when it got closer it lunged forwards, snapping at me with its jaws. With the thing lunging at me, I was forced to step back as it's jaws snapped at me. After my initial dodge I was able to lash out at the beast as it moved for me again to close the short gap I had created between us. Lashing out with my knife, I slashed the hound across the face before going for another attack. My attention having shifted to the one that came at me, I didn't see the other one that was advancing for me..

Post WC: 456
Total WC: 1,300

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 Wolf_l11
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:53 am

I had no idea if this would work, so I put a little bit more of myself into it none the less. The hole in the ground was still glowing red, and I could hear sirens off in the distance. I probably should have thought this through for a moment, but I didn’t really care how much energy this would be giving off. Let alone, whether or not any of the random protection organizations would pick up on my energy signature. Then again, I was really hoping that they had their own crap to deal with right now. If these things were popping up everywhere, they would probably have their hands full right now. I kept my right arm pointed towards the ground, shifting the charge in the area to attempt to guide the lightning, and focus it over Gothstone. Abruptly, my left arm flew upwards, separating the negative charge from the positive as I deeply inhaled.
“Bright lightning, come to your master, smite those without regret!”
I could feel a crackle in the sky, followed by a light rumble. The storm was already present, all I had to do was focus the lightning up there, and pull it down. I closed my eyes for a moment to concentrate while the beasts came forward towards me. Opening them, I pulled my left arm down towards the ground, and raised my right arm forward towards them. Both arms would stop halfway, completely parallel to the ground. If all worked correctly, an array of lightning would be summoned over Gothstone. I had a little bit of hope that the humans wouldn’t see this as an attack on them as well. Maybe I could make it to the forest without any more interruptions.

290 / 2334
Tech : Valley of Clasm USED [bringing down the house in Gothstone]
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:13 am

(somewhere near a bunch of guys in suits who think they're tough)

Post 3:
Imorte's portal opens up somewhere within the forest high over the trees. This place is further out than where Tiamat was. The city is barely visible from this point. Imorte, Tiamat and Krys stand in the air looking down. Imorte looks as Seven and then at Tiamat and giggles.

"Looks a little young for you."

Tiamat looks to him and retorts not really amused.

"Silence. This place we're at, is it where I think it is?"

Imorte smiles while he twists one of his bangs on his finger.

"Of course. We need all 6 for what I want to do."

Tiamat frowns. Imorte starts to lower with Krys and Tiamat following. They enter into the tree cover and come to the ground. There is a forrest cavern in front of them with an alter as the entrance. Two members of the sacred hunters stand guard. They look alert when the demons arive.

"Who is there?"

Imorte, Tiamat and Krys stand still and do not answer. One of the two samurai at the entrance take stance. The other forms a hand seal and begins to chant. Suddenly two Ninja fall down from the treetops pulling their swords and attacking Tiamat and Imorte with falling slashes. A battle begins.

--

The hellhounds continue to attack and disrupt the mortal realm. People are attacked, property is damaged, and pizza routes are intercepted. Notable activity comes from the property of The Black Wings where the vast street army of the Yakuza set a line against the demon threat.

Division 12 hold their ground at their HQ but the hellhounds there keep coming.

"There everywhere!"

"Get the Grid back up!"

"Sergeant, we're out of ammo!"

"I AM BATMAN!"

There is a huge lightning storm in Gothstone and power goes off in that area. The attack is very effective at clearing out many of the hounds. The location is noted.

The hellhounds attacking the area near Division 12 stop attacking Lance. They sniff him and then all the ones around him stop. One hell hound stops in front of Lance and speaks to his mind.

"You are not one of them..."

Over twenty five hellhounds surround Lance. (Somewhere in the city, a disturbed hellhound humps a dead carcass). The hellhounds around Lance howl to the moon. Other hounds in the city do the same. The howl is piercing and strong enough to cause damage to normal demons and strong humans. The skies turn crimson and the rain turns red. Suddenly a full moon beams down in the skies.

Action: Stuffs getting set up, hellhounds attacking, now they'll be a lil stronger than they were.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:46 am

Darkness. I watched the bolts of electrical greatness flow through this part of the city. When it was over, I stood there, and watched the buildings flicker and disappear to the night. I stood there in completed darkness, breathing lightly to regain my head. I looked up as the skies revealed a full moon. It was a beautiful sight, until I realized the rain had turned red. This was never a good sign. Any form of unnatural occurrence like this could only lead to more bad news. I shifted weight backwards and sprinted over to the motorcycle. Standing it up, I quickly mounted it and pulled my helmet back on. I was wet, and not in a good way. There were dead bodies everywhere, and I had to wonder if I had done any damage to the humans. I hoped not. The last thing that I needed was them on my ass as well. The bike roared on, and jolted forward as I pulled through the center of Gothstone, and jetted straight towards the western forest. It wouldn’t take me long to arrive there now that there was no one out. I pushed the gas handle even more, quickly approaching sixty while I weaved in and out of the debris in the city streets.
214 / 2546
Tech : recovering by doing nothing

Last edited by Antifreke on Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:02 pm

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 Adrian10

BID FAREWELL YOUR BLOOD STAINED PAST, OR THE LIGHT WILL FIND NO HOLD!

His grandmother's words echoed in his mind, his body shaking gently as he stood there. The Devil's Teardrop fell to the ground as he trembled lightly. His eyes squeezed shut, his hand pulling the demon mask from his face. Opening his eyes he stared at it, his knuckles turning white as he fought the urge to put it back on. He slid the mask into his robes, and walked from the alley, his body shaking with every step he made. It was troubling to be back in the city without the guise of Fu Leng, but he would have to learn to live with it.

(118/382)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Rep! : 82

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:58 pm

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 Wolf_l10

Manifest Destiny

When the hound's stopped, I was a bit perplexed by this action and my perplexed state only seemed to increase as I heard another voice in my head.. " .. What? " I responded with as I watched the hounds as they began to surround me. As they surrounded me, I glanced around at some of them before they began to howl. As the hounds around me howled, so did others in the city, the howl strong enough to cause damage. My gaze was fixed on the hound's as they howled so I didn't see the sky shift to crimson, however when I spotted the change in the coloration of the rain and the all to familiar feeling inside me, my gaze shifted as I lifted my head, looking up at the sky, now seeing it had changed to a crimson color.

As I gazed up at the full moon a grin slowly over took my face, " It looks like it's time for us to play my dear Lancy. " The spirit inside me spoke, as it did so, I gave a faint nod as I lifted my head to the sky more and closed my eyes as I reached up and pulled on my coat some, allowing it to fall from my shoulders and to the ground as I let out a light chuckle. My eyes remained shut for a few more seconds before I opened them again, lowering my head to look at the hounds as transformation began to take place. It started like it always does, gripping pain that surges through my body, and escalating until it forces me to the ground as I began to rip away at bits of flesh and what ever clothing I am wearing.

Once the transformation was complete, I slowly rose from the ground and arched my back as I lifted my head to the sky and let out a howl much like the hounds had done. As the howl came to an end, my attention shifted to the hounds I had been fighting moments ago but now it seems things may have changed... I looked at the hounds for a moment before my attention shifted once more, this time I turned my head to look towards the forest that the voice had called the spirit inside me to go to. Finally giving into the urge to head to the forest, I picked up my coat that I had dropped on the ground and began to move for the forest at a quick pace.

Post WC: 422
Total WC: 1,722

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Rep! : 110

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:24 pm

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 Jyn_ba12

. Manifest Destiny .

:: Coming around the back end of the car, the rain wets my hair matting it to my face with my overcoat covering and protecting much of my body from the wetness as I reach into the opening trunk for a case that rests within it, opening it up. Answering Ingel’s question, I say calmly, “we shoot.” I clarify, “I plan to use the guard of the localized barrier to hold them at bay for as long as possible. There is a chance the van’s barrier system can fail; when that happens, run and shoot.” I pull out my shotgun, slinging it around my shoulders while grabbing a few extra clips of pistol magazines depositing them into the pockets of my jacket. Unfortunately, I did not own any fully automatic weapons, so my index finger would be getting plenty of exercise today. Looking to the van, I notice a pulsing sound and look towards the rushing hellhounds whose attention we’ve gathered. The first of the hell hounds reach the area protected by the short area barrier that surrounds the van and luckily my car, and rushes against it, striking it harshly and bouncing back. “Good luck,” I bid Ingel if he wasn’t already shooting. I pull both my pistols from their holstered position beneath my arm and lower the trunk back with my elbow before lifting the weapons up and taking aim firing several rounds into the crowd of death dogs seeking to reach us.
Half way into fighting back the hellhounds, things stop and the sounds of the howling causes the barrier to oscillate, though it keeps its consistency. I stop shooting for a moment, bringing my hands to my ears and leaning away from the wolves as the howl persists. After it is done, I shake my head slightly wondering what the feeling was. I notice things start to change with the skies turning a deep red color and a full moon lingering over the skies. With a sigh, I frown in annoyance with an “aww hell” as I look towards the hell hounds left in combat with us to notice they seemed a bit bulkier than before. ::

- 1696 -
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:24 pm

:: Domen :: The dark wave of energy rips through the hounds before the large demonic male. With a bit of arrogance, he proceeds into unarmed hand to hand combat with them. His large and mighty fist seeks the jowls and muzzles of the wolves as they leap in, attempting to bite him. Cuts are made on his body and traces of blood come into the air, but the juggernaut seems unaffected by the minor scuffs. In the middle of fighting, there is a large burst of lightning to the side of their current position. Stopping for a moment, Domen looks in that direction towards the skies as the light show ensues. The hell hounds persist in their attack, but Domen simply flexes his demonic energies and calls up dark hands to bind them all in place. The dark binds pull down, ripping and tugging at the demon hounds as the caster’s attention is elsewhere. Wondering if the source of all that power was a mortal being, Domen does not say a word to his master as his legs crouch and he takes into the skies at a swift pace causing a small radius of wind to push out from where he had been standing.
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Kiun

Male
Number of posts : 498
Rep! : 8
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:24 pm

Hotaka Kaito!
FI-NA-LLYY... KI-UN, HAS-COME-BACK, TO SHIIIIINNNN THEEEORY.

Throughout the dark and dimly lit cityscape around me, there had been relative peace. Up until this point, the Academic District proved a general haven for people like me, as I often found myself hating how even in the middle of the night the Metro would be bright and illuminated. However, that wasn't the case here. While there were still lights strewn through the streets, they weren't to the point of disrupting one's ability to sleep. There was minimal interruptions. But of course, even in this district, outside interference existed, though I couldn't pin the blame on the city for this one. What had me braving the streets this early morning/late night was a natural hunger. I had intended to do some shopping in the morning, but unfortunately I was unable to last that long as my boisterous stomach roared for refreshment. Upon gathering the necessary ingredients to quench my hunger from the local 24 hour corner-mart, disaster struck! The city was under attack, and an explosion went off some distance away!
"This is some major bull shit..." Was my uncharacteristic response to the situation, as I -- plastic grocery bag in hand -- surveyed the immediate area. Normally, my response would be more along the lines of 'wtf?', but I was far too tired to be questioning things. I technically didn't even want to get involved, but some inner feeling tugged me in a direction opposite that of my dorm room. It lead me down several short streets and a handful of alleyways, but upon seeing the ruptured ground that appeared in the middle of my path (along with the... things pouring out of it), I had immediately halted in my tracks. Instead of dashing out to fight the good fight, I was simply observing the situation. My inner self was telling me to, essentially, 'gtfo', but that weird feeling that had brought me here gave me the feeling that I had a responsibility to help. I knew it would only be a matter of time before they found me out, and that made me want to run, it still couldn't overcome the nagging feeling inside me.
Just as I was about to be able to make myself stop staring long enough to run, an actual voice rang inside me. "Good Children of the Earth Realm, a great swarm of darkness must be combated by a swarm of the light. Your home is being threatened and you must rise together against this dark threat. City Metro is under attack from a league of hounds from the underworld. Vanquish them, defenders of the Earth Realm." My first reaction was to check behind me, but upon seeing no one there, I accepted that it really did come from inside of me. Though the purpose of the voice was unclear, it didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know, except for the fact that it lead me to believe that more than just the academic district was being affected like this. "Well, I can't assume anything right now," I mutter to myself, as my brain slowly begins to click back on despite the current fatigue I was facing. "I'll have to make absolutely certain." With that in mind, I would duck back into the alleyway and reach into my pocket, pull out my cellphone, and cover it as much as I could with my hands in an attempt to keep the light from being too noticeable to those beasts outside the mouth of the alley. I would quickly push all the necessary buttons to get to my address book and call Asakano's number, which was luckily at the top of the list. Hurray for the letter A. Assuming he'd pick up, I would spare him the pleasantries and get to the point by asking him to look outside and tell me what he saw. I didn't want to scare him by directly asking if he saw evil ravenous dogs eating people or destroying buildings or the like.

WC: 666 (lol)
Action: Calling Asakano. Catching up.
Timeframe: Just after the 'message to all the good dudes in the city.' Not quite up to current yet. Will be next post; hurray!
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 12:23 pm

The motorcycle sped up even more as I approached the end of the road ways. There was a curb that I hopped on to avoid one of those stupid beasts. There were less of them over here now, so I’m guessing my lightning took care of a decent amount. The lights were still off, and the moon was giving an eerie glow to the city buildings that surrounded me. I kept my eyes on the road, holding them opened as it ended, and I planted the bike on the dirt pathway that led to the forest. I slowed down to avoid the trees. I didn’t really care about the large amount of noise that the bike was causing, I just wanted to get to where this feeling in my stomach was pulling me to. I still had a bad feeling as I slid to a stop. Looking back at the city, I looked into the darkness. It sounded like a warzone was now in effect. To take a guess at it, I figured the military was mobilizing, the gangs were at war, and the politicians were under lock down. As long as Laurens father stayed safe, I could explain why I never showed up to her later. At least right now I could focus on the task at hand. I breathed deeply for a moment before spinning the bike around and hitting the gas to send me further into the forest.
Tech : recovering by doing nothing
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female
Number of posts : 2348
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:56 pm

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 Izu
-Manifest Destiny-
Position: Asei Jyn's Personal Assistant

What should she do? Izumi pondered about that while she awaited for Cathy to return. As Cathy would return she was carrying two holsters, one for herself and one for izumi. "Here ya go!" she said in an excited manner. Izumi would snap out of her thought process as she looked to the holster, on the holsters were gun spacings in which held a regular handgun in it's holster. "It was all they let me take." Izumi would merely smile a little as she laughed a bit. "I guess they believe that the others need it more then we do." Cathy nodded to what Izumi said as Izumi would stand up and grab the holster equiping it onto her body and she pulled out the gun from it's holding spot and checked it quickly. It was fully loaded. Izumi placed the magazine back into the gun and put the safety on it before returning it to the holster. "I have a dimming feeling that I should be leaving from here Cathy." Uttered Izumi. Cathy would be pulling out acouple magazine clips and putting them out onto the table. "Why do you say that?" Izumi would push the blinds aside as she looked out the window. By now the hell hounds began to unleash this shrilling howl into the night air. Izumi merely shut her eyes and gritted her teeth as she leaned over a bit. All the other people around her would begin to cover thier ears and scream at the sounds trying to block them out. This sound made her feel kinda sick in her stomach. When the howl died out things seemed to change. Izumi would move away from the window as she walked over to cathy. "You okay?" she asked her helping Cathy up to her feet. Cathy catching her breath a moment would nod her head. "Y-yeah I t-think so. What the hell was that!" Izumi would just shrug her shoulders. "A deafening howl of the otherworld." Izumi felt that urge to head out to the forest growing larger and larger.

-Word count: 346[2146]
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 7:35 pm

My attention staid fixed on the hounds as Jyn answered my question and the answer he gave was one I was expecting, it was the only logical answer one could give to such a question when faced with a horde of demonic spirits from the under world, we being the good guys, it was our duty to fight back and insure the safety of the city and the residence. " Alright, sounds like a good plan. " I glance over at Jyn as he pulls the shotgun from his trunk before shifting my attention back to the hounds as they begin rushing straight for us. I watched as one of the hounds struck the barrier and was subsequently repealed back away from the barrier. When I seen this, I let out a sigh of relief, the barrier would protect us from the oncoming assault. When I heard Jyn I glanced at him and gave a faint nod, " To you too. " Following suit, I reach into my coat, gripping the handle of both pistols holstered under my arms and pull them out and bring them both up, taking aim at the hounds before I open fire like Jyn.

The rest of the squad follow our lead, one of the shoulders yelling out, " Let's do this! " before they began to open fire on the group. The fire only lasted a few moments before it was forcibly ceased as the beasts began to howl. As the hounds began to howl, I ducked down behind the car and brought my hands up to cover my ears from the piercing sound. Likewise, the rest of the squad did much the same. Once the howl ended, I rose back up and looked over at the hounds, which now seemed to have changed a bit... but not only the hounds had changed, the sky seemed to have changed to a red, as well as the rain, what the hell was going on? I glance to Jyn for a moment before looking back to the hounds, " What the hell just happened? "

WC: 348
Total WC: 1,334

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 9:11 pm

Alexis

In the small amount of time between stepping out on to the sidewalk in front of my apartment building and now the whole scene changes. The hounds appear to have grown more aggressive, to the point where my original plan of bypassing them is shot all to hell, no pun intended. Anchoring the hounds in my immediate area with the use of Eve's Seed, I take their momentary immobilization as my chance to cover some ground. I didn't expect the roots to hold their paws long enough for me to make a clean getaway but I hoped that it would last a minute or two; long enough for me to at least turn the corner and find somewhere to hide. I fully expected to have to use the same trick that saved my life the night Lance tried to kill me, but I didn't want to spend this entire night hiding from some hell puppies... nor did I want to stand in the middle of my own damn neighborhood and try to fight them all off. There had to be some way to get them all back in the ass crack from hell they crawled out of. Maybe there was some upper level demon there in City Metro that had to be beaten before they would return, or maybe the upper level demon was trying to use the dogs as a diversion for those of us that could see them to give him or her time to set something even more evil into motion.

Whatever the case, my short little legs move as fast as they can over the cracked pavement of the sidewalk as I near the corner. I could hear the howling behind me and my heart froze when I realized the sound was closing the distance on me. My hair was already matted to my head thanks to the good for nothing hood of my raincoat falling down onto my back as the wind blew against my face. I could feel rivers of water running over my collarbone and down my body. It figured that these beasts would attack on a nasty rainy night. Didn't anything bad happen on a bright, sunny day? A large part of me wished that I could turn off whatever it was in me that made me care what happened to this city and go back to sleep. I was upset to be missing out on yet another restful night all due to some evil city wide attack. Here I was running down an East City sidewalk in the middle of the night, dripping wet, and I had no clue exactly where I was heading or what I would find once I got there; yet I was still running all the same.

As I turned the corner and scanned the empty street, my eyes fall onto the sign for the alternate entrance to my building's parking garage. If I made a break for the garage, I should be able to get to my car and exit the opposite side to lose the hounds. I would undoubtedly run into more since they were probably running rampant through the area but in the car I could outmaneuver them more easily, even run into them if I have to. With my escape plan decided, I take off for the garage entrance at a breakneck pace. Looking over my shoulder just before I dash into the structure I see the first of the hounds round the corner and look for me. I figured they could track by scent... much like Lance in his furry form... so I didn't think getting out of sight would help me much, but I prayed the torrential rain would weaken my scent just enough to give me a break.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 9:36 pm

Jasper

A block down from the bar, with the injured hound less than a block away, I catch a glimpse of two more beasts as I speed across an alley way. They evidently find me a bit more interesting than whatever they were sniffing around in the alley and give chase. Now that I had great inspiration to run faster than a decathlon champion, I force my legs until I feel the muscles burning in complaint. Relying on the heightened senses that come with my mechanical attributes, I pay attention to where the hounds are in relation to me. So far they aren't close enough to get a taste of me and the bar door is coming up fast on my right.

Putting in one last burst of speed to bring me to the door well ahead of the rapidly gaining hounds, I jerk the handle open and slam it shut behind me. Without even looking around the place first, I scream for someone to come lock the damn doors and find a way to barricade them. Just as I hear the first hound reach the door, and feel his body slam against the entrance, Ric appears at my side with his keys to lock the handle, the deadbolt, and security bar. Then he and I together move to the pool room as some of the kitchen guys come to help is move one of the heavy tables to the door. With the door being the kind that opens out on to the sidewalk, we would have to stand the pool table up to block the entrance way just in case the doors were destroyed and then bolster it from behind. While two of the kitchen guys held the table standing on end, Ric and I go back for a second table to slide it behind the first. By this time Trinity comes over to add in her strength to make the table slide faster.

Once this is all taken care of I finally find a chair and sit down to breathe. I knew Trin would want a full report of what was going on out there, but I wasn't sure how many of the other people in the room could see the hounds. I would wait until I caught my breath to start the story and hope that only Trin was close enough to hear by that time.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 9:47 pm

Trinity

While still waiting for the band to clear out and for Ric to release the kitchen staff, I busy myself by going about the rest of my closing duties. Even though they weren't as important as what was happening elsewhere in the city, the routine of the mundane was comforting to me. I had just finished the money count, filled out the deposit slip for the next morning, and placed both bank bags into the safe when the door burst open. My heart wanted to jump from my chest at the sudden sound, which had me jumping up from the floor to see what had happened. The sight of my soaked and disheveled brother, his eyes wide with fear, holding the door shut and screaming for keys to lock it made all beatings of my heart cease. I didn't want to know what was after him, I'd never seen Jasper this shaken up, not even after he was shot.

Ric grabbed his keys and ran to lock the door while I stood rooted behind the bar. I watched in frozen horror as Jasper, Ric, and a couple guys from the kitchen grab a pool table, turn it on end, and set it against the door. When I finally regain the use of my limbs, I hurry to meet Jazz and Ric in the pool room where they go to grab another table to slide over behind the standing one to support it and effectively block the entire entry way. Once the second table was in place I lead Jasper to a chair where he can sit and catch his breath. I knew I was white as a sheet, I could feel the lack of blood in my face, but I had to know what was going on. What had freaked my older brother out so badly that he came in here like that? Even though patience has never been my strong suit, I waited for Jasper to tell his story in due time. The kitchen guys, Ric, and the band people were all watching him from the corners of their eyes. If it wasn't something he wanted to talk about in front of everyone then I would be waiting quite a while. I also wanted to ask my brother if he had heard the same message I had, from the calming voice, but that too would have to wait since no one else in the bar seemed to have heard it.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 6:38 pm

:: Domen ::

Domen's body accelerates through the air as he flies diagonally towards the down pouring skies. The piercing howl is noticed, but at that height, it would not be as loud as if he were on the ground. The oddity of the change in the lunar cycle is notices as well. Once he reaches an elevation above the city, he levels out and looks to the area which seemed to be the center of the affected area. It seemed different than the other areas since it was very noticeable that all the lights in that district had gone out. His body thrusts forwards as he continues, this time, downward, coming to the ground at a quick pace before landing with a small rumble and standing to look around the area. He did not see anything out of place; the surroundings were littered with dead beasts much like he had fougth with his master. There were also soaked dead bodies and pours and small rivers of red liquid and rain flowing down the streets. Domen is unable to see anything that may have caused an attack of that level. With a frown, he simply murmurs, "hmmm..."
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 6:48 pm

. Manifest Destiny .

:: It is a good question, one I don't really have an answer for. I speak, "I'm not entirely sure, but there's only a few of them left here. Let's take them out and move to another location within the city." I knew that the hordes could not possibly be endless; that just wasn't plausible. There had to be a distinct number of these beasts and it was my belief that they were probably scattered all about the city, which meant that other areas would be under attack just like this one. Unfortunately, with all of Division 12 being called back to the main HQ, there was no way to cover the entire city as well as the head quarters. My guns rise into my holster beneath my arms before I sling around the shotgun, cocking it and stepping forwards near the barrier with it. Pulling the trigger with a level aim, I allow it to explode shells into the beasts near me, propelling them back. I would have to make the call to move back to HQ or to find other places like this and try to protect helpless citizens. There is a cock from the gun and another shot is fired with the following yelping and such coming as the result. There wasn't a way to protect the city and HQ at the same time, but our orders were to meet back up in the Metro, so in my mind, that would override the rational thought to attempt to help the citizens in this time of need. Eventually after clearing the area, I would give the order for the team to fall back to the vehicles and to continue the trip back to headquarters. ::

- 1981 -
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 12:03 am

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 Seikibanner
Asakano Seiki
:: Manifest Destiny
:: Home / East City

At this point in time, if this were a movie, we would be at the point in time where someone in the theater would be saying, "don't leave the room! They going to get you!" Ignoring such a logical thought process I slowly make my way to the door of my room. I heard growling and odd noises from outside, so I figure there must be a lot of dogs outside or something. I'd look out the front door first and then check on my mom to make sure she hadn't been awoken, or was okay. Slowly I start towards the front door when a loud sound breaks the air. I straighten up and almost poop myself as rock music blairs I realize that it was my cell phone. I reach into my pocket and quickly silence the phone and then open it up, noticing that it was hOtaku Hotaka. I pick up the phone and answer, "hello?..." The event occurs when I answer the phone, and therefore I would be asked to look outside. After pausing to think about it, I simply walk to the door and look out of it. Standing straight up, I hold the phone to my ear and report, "like devil dogs or something, why what's up?"

Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

Number of posts : 1322
Rep! : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 5:56 am

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 Natsuk11

I put out the cigar as I watch for a moment as the demon on demon battle begins. For such a small task he sure did look like he was enjoying himself. I look over in distant at the blast of lightning before a frown comes across my face when Domen take off after it. “Well someone is fucked but oh well not my problem. I guess I better go get dress and see what this dark threat thing is about.” The back door is slide close and I return to my room where I put on a pair of jeans and boot before throwing on a long red coat with white far around the hood. I all so get my 'accessories'. Pausing for a moment as I look at the keys to my bike, it is raining outside… driving a bike in the rain is like having someone shot you with BB gun. It isn’t going to kill you but it hurts like a bitch. My eye then move to the set of keys next to them and a grin comes to my face.

Last week:
“Oh come on Natsuki!”
“No I’m not going to “pimp” out your car Harukia” I fold my arms and turn my cheek.
“Oh come on! You’re a gear head I know you really want too!” My sister pouts and gives me the puppy doggy eyes.
My eye twitches, “I said no, and just because I’m in the auto club doesn’t make me a gear head I happen to enjoy racing bikes not pimping out your ride.”
She puts her finger to her lip, “Really? Then way are you in car shop thingy… and your face is all dirty with black stuff… and you’re wearing that jumpsuit thingy…”
Those three little V shaped things pop up on my head. “I’m still not doing it…”
“Hmm well what about them? Will you guys pimp out my ride?” She gives the fifteen or so guys behind me a closed eye smile and their eyes light up with little hearts. Their heads nod and I let out a sigh.
“Fine we’ll fix your car up but how are you going to pay for it?”
“I’m not paying for it silly, Daddy is! Well here you go. You boys do a good job now.” She drops the keys in my hand and waves as she walks way.
“Wow Natsuki, your little sister is really hot.”
“And nice… Unlike someone else we know!”
My eye twitches and fist clenches the keys as they all start laughing, “We are twins you dumbasses! We look the same!”

Back to the story:
Grabbing the keys I leave the bedroom to come into the living room, pausing for a moment when I see Seiki standing there looking out the front door while he is on the phone. Slowly I try to sneak up on him, walking on the toes of my feet as I try not to make any sound as I get ready to jump on him. Pop up behind him with an evil grin on my lips I whisper. “You know I good boyfriend would have came to check on his girl before he started making phone calls. I could have been scared and half naked with no one to hold on too.” I cross my arms and give him a sad look with my eyes closed.

Items Used: Beads of Rejection (Passive)
WC: 566/1081
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 9:29 am

-Manifest Destiny-

Here she was left in a predicament, risk the chance of revealing that she wasn't just a mere human, or keep it a secret and hide that urge. IT wasn't only the voice that was getting to her, but her family heritage as well. While she was of a family of sacred monks thier purpose was to bring peace to the world and keep everything in check, to keep peace between the worlds. But being that she was the only one of her family left made things difficult. She didn't have the extra help needed, all she had were books off the past and herself. Izumi would help Cathy to a seat as she looked towards the window that was covered by the curtains. The thought passing into her mind to open a portal into the deep part of the woods, but then again even that could be dangerous, who knows what could be waiting for her on the other end and even would something attempt to enter into her portal. The hassle an ddangers of the void. Izumi would lean against the desk as she pulled out her phone. There wasn't much to worry about inside the HQ since things were being held back, for now. She was sending another text messege to Jyn. 'Do you have that urge to go to the forest?' The question may have been wierd, but she needed to know if she should come meet with him, or just head to the forest. Izumi stared at the text for a moment unsure if she should send it. She then pressed the send button and watched as the messege was being sent. Closing her phone she returned it back into her inner jacket pocket and waited. She just wondered how things were going on outside, her right hand against the desk with her index finger gliding back and forth on the desk's surface.

-Word count: 320[2466]
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 5:44 pm

"COWARDS! IS THERE NONE WITH THE STRENGTH TO CHALLENGE ME!?" the swordsman screamed as he fell to his knees, his body shaking.

True he was wet and cold but he that wasn't the cause of his shaking. He'd grown so used to fighting for every step of ground in the woods, but as he walked here it tore at him. He wasn't used to being left alone. Or rather not anymore. He knelt there, the Devil's Teardrop forming in his hand. Feeling it's weight in his arm he turned to it, as if he hadn't called the weapon to him from the alley where he'd left it. His arm shook as it held the weapon, raising the hilt up to eye level before rising it above his head.

A tradgedy unfolds now-which pains me more than you could know.

His grandmother had spoken these words to him before he had taken up Goranova. But now he heard another voice speaking from all around him.

Forsaken boy, my strength is yours. Why cast me out when I am the greatest power you will know! Justice and retribution are but trifling things. There are victories greater still. I will show them to you boy. Embrace my might.

(206/588)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 6:38 am

. Manifest Destiny .

:: There is a final shot from my shot gun as I look to the side to notice that the area had more or less been cleared out by myself and the others. I sling the gun around my back and allow it to rest on my shoulder via its strap. Another hail comes from the headquarters as the orders to go to it had not changed. I look to the others and make a vision motion to the car and van stating clamly, “lower the barrier and continue to HQ for back up. No more stops, so use the bathroom while we’re here.” With that, I make my way back to my car, pulling out my keys and using the remote to pop the trunk this time. My phone vibrates and I reach for it with my left hand, shuffling it into both hands with the keys looped around my fingers as I read the message. I shift the phone into my left hand as I reach the back of the trunk and pull the shotgun from around my body, placing it back in there. I close the trunk and head to the door sending the message back verbally to text as it would read, “no actually I have the exact opposite urge. I’m returning to HQ to assist in the clean up there. What do you mean by urge?” From there I would lower the phone back into my pocket and open the door to the car, starting it up and checking the radio for anymore c hatter about the status of our hq. ::

- 2246 -
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 6:47 am

. Manifest Destiny .

:: Nothing much was happening in this area, but in the distance there was a soft whirl much like a motor heading away from that position. Turning his head in that direction, Domen pauses for a moment before he thrusts forwards gliding above the ground in that direction at a high pace of speed. After going for several blocks, the ambush comes as a new area is reached where hell hounds are apparent. Looking up, he notices one in the air in pounce mode with its mouth open and its claws extended on course with him. With a solemn frown, Domen’s right palm opens and Goranova forms in his hand casting a radiant light about the surroundings. With a single dismissive slash, the rejects the attack of the beast. Surrounded, the hounds attack in a large pack from all sides. Turning, in his dash, Domen pulls the blade through the mouth, neck and chest of one of the hounds before turning and thrusting his fist into the side of another, sending him plowing into a few more. Turning quickly, he slashes down with the broadside, slamming the side of the blade into the skull of a hellhound and pounding it into the ground, causing the cement to break in that area, before pulling the blade up in a baseball bat manner and swiping three of the hounds in a single blow; each attack causing a burst of light on impact. ::
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:45 am

With Jyn's answer to my question I give a faint nod, it sounded like a good answer and by now there was someone I wanted to check on, but getting in touch with her would have to wait until a more opportune time. As round after round was discharged from my pistol, I made sure to make each round count as I shifted targets between the few hounds I was engaging. When I fired the remaining rounds from both my pistols the slides locked back and I was forced to take a moment to reload. Now that I was forced to take a moment and reload, I slipped one of my pistols into my underarm holster before retrieving a fresh magazine. After pulling a fresh magazine from my coat, I ejected the empty one and caught it as it began to slip from the grip of the pistol and pulled it out before slipping the fresh magazine into the open magazine port. With one down, I moved onto my other empty pistol as I slipped the empty magazine into my coat pocket before retrieving a fresh magazine as I ejected my second empty one. After getting my second pistol reloaded, I was back in the game. Once again I began to fire at the hounds that where left. As the area becomes pacified the gunfire dies down. Though Jyn had put his weapon away, I remained alert and kept both my weapons at the ready as I glanced around in search of any more threats. It wasn't until Jyn spoke up that I finally slipped both my pistols into there respective under arm holsters and glanced to Jyn. " Back to HQ? " I said as I watched Jyn head for his car. When I seen Jyn pull his phone out of his pocket, I remembered I had some of my own personal business to tend to. I finally began to move, heading back to Jyn's car as I reached into my pocket and pulled out my own phone and began to dial the sequence of numbers that would connect me with Trinity.

Now that the battle was over and we were going to be on our way back to HQ, the rest of the squad take a moment to collect them selves and end up talking about what they had just done amongst them selves. They begin to move back to the van's and as they came to them they start climbing back into them and get situated for the ride back to HQ.

Post WC: 424
Total WC: 1,758

Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:03 am

-Manifest Destiny-

Izumi slightly eeped as she felt the vibration just echoe into her breast and she looked down towards her own hest and sligthtly laughed a bit along with Cathy who noticed what happeed. It was good to see that Cathy was feeling better. Izumi would stop rubbing her finger upon the desk as she reached into her inner jacket pocket and pulled out her phone and she looked to see who it was. It was Jyn, he had responded and she smiled feeling relief that he responded. He was just a regulat human after all and going up against these hellish demons might have been some extra hard work for him. But seeing that he responded she was happy knowing that he was alive and well enough to text back. Flipping open her phone as she opened the messege she looked at it and just mumbled what he had said in a low voice. Cathy merely arched a brow and watched Izumi texting. Izumi merely sighed, slightly disapointed that he didn't have that urge, but rather the opposite. Izumi would close her eyes a moment. Was this feeling only something abnormal humans can feel? It was just a thought, an assumption to why she got this feeling and why she had heard that voice earlier. She would respond back to the text rather quickly. 'N-no, it's nothing, I'll be here upon your return.' HEr messege was short and didn't really explain she she was meaning by urge. She snapping her phone closed after she sent the messege and returned it back to her inner jacket pocket. She began to think as her blue eyes were gazing towrds the curtain covered windows. I should be careful, I wouldn't want Jyn to find out that i'm not just a regular human. It would be better if i'm just thought as a regular human and nothing more. Izumi would close her eyes and then arch her head down.

-Word count: 326[2792]
Back to top Go down
seVen
seVen

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:18 pm

Seven comes out in the portal with their daddy high in the sky in the dark. Seven giggles at the man who teases their daddy. She did not care because he was nice now and he only hurt her before so that their daddy could be free and now that their daddy was outside, she could cling onto him and be happy. They fly down to the ground but Seven keeps holding onto their daddy. When they land some men ask who they are and take out their weapons. She looks up because men are falling down at her. She says, “remove gravity from this area!” and disables gravity and they are stuck in the air. She yells at them “be destroyed by the sound of my voice!” and her voices rips them apart and sends them flying away. She look at the men in front of the cave and says, “die and go into the ground!” She crushes them down with gravity and makes two little craters where they were standing. She smiles and then hugs their daddy and says, “I won’t let anyone hurt you.”

ZeroG
TEXP: 5
Remove all gravity from an area in a radius around the user.
Effect: radius starts at about 5 feet and increases +5 feet per level.
Stamina Cost: Medium

Sonicblayde
TEXP: 5
Creates a blade of sound that travels through air to a target.
Effect: damage is Strong

Imprint
TEXP: 10
Rapidly increase the gravity over a short radius with the power to make a good sized crater.
Effect: damage is Fierce
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 2:48 pm

(somewhere near a bunch of guys in suits who think they're tough)

Post 4:
Seven handles the issues (xD). Imorte giggles and looks at Tiamat with a flirting gaze.

"I guess she's useful to keep around. Thank you little girl, for clearing out the rubbish. Now come along."

"Hmph."

A dark cloud of demonic evil spirits hover over the sacred caverns. The trio of demons walk into the entrace of the sacred caverns. The dark spirits and demons follow at a distance. The masses include ogres, golems and yokai of all types from the city but mainly forests. Imorte, Krys and Tiamat lead the way deep into the caverns. They come to an open area with a ring of stone against a wall that surrounds a island. A moat is in the middle. A long bridge hangs over the black waters and connects to the island in the middle. At the end of the bridge on the 'island' there is a large alter stone. A rope with binding sutra's surround the stone. An evil aura surrounds the rock in a black mist. Tiamat looks at Imorte.

"What exactly are you doing this for?"

"To make our master's job easier."

"By 'our master' do you mean...?"

Imorte smiles. He walks to the alter across the bridge alone and touches it. The spiritual binding is immensely strong and it burns him.

"Tche... this is annoying... Krys dear, can you seat our guests?"

Krys smiles and nods. Tiamat is uncomfortable. The kitty mews. Kyrs looks at all the demons who could fit in the tunnel here and the room. She goes from cute to bossy very fast.

"Don't just stand around! Surround this area! Move it! Circle around the alter!"

A silence shadow passes through the forest. Demons stand at the rear at the entrance waiting to get in (like at the club). The demons that border that area, not quite at the entrance area, come under attack from the south west. The Sacred Hunter's forest protection forces arrive hacking and slashing demons

left and right. They move through the trees with the greatest of ease and start the battle with the demons catching them off guard first. The border demons and spirits gravitate to them to attack. There are about 50 dressed in shinobi and samurai attire. Two elders stand behind the forces holding a hand seal.

They cast spells of protection over their forces and monitor the battle.

"Cut then down quickly, the sacred cavern has already been penetrated!"

--

In the city, the attributes of the hell hounds go from average to strong. Division 12 tries their best to holds their ground. They are able to take out about 50% of the initial wave. The tech team gives good news over the comm lines.

"We can have the barrier back online in ten minutes."

"All units take defensive positions and and control the spread of demonic activity within the Metro for the next ten minutes. Mobile medic and support units, prepare for a swift deploy in fifteen! Squadrons not in battle secure the parameter of the Metro."

At the entrance of the fissure, several of the hellhounds huddle together. Their bodies melt, mesh and mold together. It looks like they are building a conglomeration of something different, but they are out of range of a direct attack. On top of that, a defensive group of hell hounds guard in front, protecting the ones forming into something else.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:13 pm

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 Wolf_l12

Manifest Destiny

During my trek for the woods, I had shifted from moving along the ground, to moving along the roof tops so I would have a better view of what was taking place around the city and in the portion of the city I am in. However, my trek didn't last long as I happen to come upon a interesting sight.. I came to a stop atop a roof and shifted my gaze to the street below me where I spotted some of the hounds from before, these happen to be attacking a group of humans. I crouched down on the edge of the building and watched the hounds and the humans for a few seconds, " .. Why are we stopping Lance, we need to get moving. " As the voice spoke up, a soft growl escaped me as I watched as one of the hounds took down one of the humans and began mauling him. My attention remained on the sight before me as the trek to the forest was pushed off to the side for the moment, a new set of thoughts had entered my mind as I sat there and watched the little mini-slaughter.

I began to move once more, hopping from the top of the building and landing in a crouch on the side walk. When I landed the hounds paused for a moment and looked in my direction as did the humans. This only lasted a few seconds before the fight between them started again. As I knelt there, my gaze shifted from the hounds to the humans, back and forth for a moment as I tossed around the idea of which to attack. I finally got fed up with trying to decide and sprang forwards, moving from my feet and grabbing one of the hounds by the back leg. After grabbing the thing by the back leg, I snatched it up from the ground and used it to knock one of the other hounds away before I grabbed its free back leg and began to pull both its back legs in two different directions. The beast let out a yelp before I ripped it in two. with the aggressive action towards the hounds, they in turn, turned to attack me, at least one of them did at the moment.

The hound sprang from the ground, jumping onto me. I released the hound I had just killed as the new one jumped me. When it landed on me, it began clawing at me as it bite down on my shoulder. As the thing bit down onto my shoulder, I brought a hand up and grabbed its back, sinking my claws into its flesh. As the hound bite down harder onto my shoulder, clumps of fur on my chest jutted out into spikes, piercing through the hound, taking the creatures life. As the fur that had just stabbed the hound returned to normal, I allowed the creature to fall to the ground as another of the hounds jumps at me. When the third came at me, I reached out and grabbed the thing, snatching it right out of the air before it could get me. After catching the one that was jumping at me, my attention shifted to the other one that was still alive, the thing was charging right at me. As the thing charged at me, I drew my free hand back and slung it forwards, launching a set of lashing energy blades from my claws, aimed at the hound. After launching the attack, I turned my attention back to the hound that was struggling in my grasp and I let out a light growl as I began to squeeze the hounds throat, my grip growing tighter and tighter until I ended up crushing the beasts throat.

My attention quickly shifted tot he hound I had attacked earlier as it, when it jumped me and went right for my face with its gaping jaws. As it jumped at me and went for my face, I brought an arm up and used it as a shield, letting the hound bite down on my fore arm instead of getting at my face. After a second the thing let go of my arm and fell to the ground, this when I retaliated, reaching down quickly with my hand I grabbed the thing by the head and lifted it up before slamming it down into the pavement, as I slammed its head into the pavement, it gave a yelp before its head burst like a melon under the force I was putting on it. After the hounds head burst, I released the rest of it and shifted my gaze to the humans they were attacking.

Post WC: 784
Total WC: 2,506

Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:03 am

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 Untitled-1
I revved the engine on the motorcycle, pushing it faster into the forest. The rumble of the ground underneath me, along with the lack of a solid ground, sent harsh vibrations through my body. I gripped the handlebars harder than normal while trying not to break them. I pulled backwards, bringing the bike upwards onto its back wheel while letting the engine roar. If anyone was in the area, they would probably be able to hear it. I felt a bit of fatigue hit me, and remembered that I had been woken up after a long day of training my body. I yawned as the wheels hit the ground, and kept going. I moved straight west, being pulled towards a strange feeling. Looking up for a moment, I could see lightness in the sky. The night was wavering, and daylight would be approaching soon. My thoughts moved back to the city, in faith that Lauren’s father was okay. Hopefully, he had just stayed in their penthouse and not moved an inch.
I could feel the knot in my stomach getting stronger, but I quickly snapped away from it at the sound of combat. I drew through a clearing at full speed, and slid to a stop in front of a line of demons. Great.. just my lucky day. The mud was splattered a bit in every direction as I sat there on the bike. Bringing my hands up to the helmet, I slowly removed it, allowing everyone there to see me. If I hadn’t got their attention with the bike, I might have a problem. Then again, with this many demons out here, something bad had to be going on. It wasn’t my responsibility to take care of it, but I was here, and the last thing I wanted was my laziness to effect Lauren or her family.

“Whos feelin lucky, punks?”

With that said, I dismounted the motorcycle and stood there, removing the gloves and tossing them on the ground. My skin would glow a faint shade of yellows and blues, representative of being of the higher order, and of course an electrical user. Damn .. there were a lot of demons.

Location: Western Forest, outside entrance / awaiting interaction
Tech : none, recovering

Last edited by Antifreke on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Kiun

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:19 am

Hotaka Kaito!

The answer that comes is the one I expected. Of course, it didn't make me happy to be right. If he was seeing them, then that didn't bold well for the rest of the city. I didn't have the ability to handle all of them myself if they were in such numbers. But that's what the city police forces were for, right? While they were surely hard at work fighting them, I doubted they had the sheer amount necessary to watch over everywhere in the city. "Alright. You're at home, right? Just stay inside; whatever you do. I'll be over there soon." While I didn't like to be rude and invite myself to someone else's house, it didn't look like I had the choice to be polite. Regardless, I wouldn't wait for him to answer before I began running back through the alley, though I also wouldn't hang up on him just yet. I can't recall ever being over his house before, but I was fairly certain I knew where it was all the same. Just in case, it was good to have him on the line. If I took a wrong turn somewhere, that could put me at a serious disadvantage, since these dogs likely worked in packs and would outnumber me quickly, so I would need to remain stealthy as I moved through the city. Luckily, there seemed to be several things in the city besides me that interested them. Poor pizza guy.

WC: 246/912
Action: Phone Call + Going to Asakano's house.
Timeframe: Current
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 9:33 pm

Asakano Seiki

The conversation shifts over to Hotaka after I give my response to him. Around this time I kind of remember at this time that I had something of a girlfriend that I should probably check on as well as my mother. Hopefully she wouldn't already be awake; knowing her, she would want to start shooting at the dogs and drawing their attention to the house specifically rather than simply causing random havoc outside with bystanders, pets and property. While on the phone, I feel Natsuki's body come against my own from behind. It catches me off guard at first as does a lingering smell of a cigar. I hear her words agaisnt my ear which causes me to turn around and notice that she is fully dressed like she is about to go out somewhere. "He called me..." I begin before I get to, "more importantly...where do you think you're going?" Remembering that Hotaka was on the line, I recall the mystic words that were in my head as I comment, "I don't know about that. This voice in my head told me to go to the City Metro and fight things; I've been hearing and seeing a lot of things lately. But still, I'll wait for you. Still, what do you think about that? Did you hear a soothing voice?" My hand holds onto Natsuki's coat as I look down wondering how she managed to sneak up on me in boots. She did look rather cute like that, but that might be more so because I was interrupted from my meditations. Oh yeah! Demon dogs, right.

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:02 pm

. Manifest Destiny .

:: My door is closed and I situate myself within the confines of the black sedan. After closing the door and assuring that Ingel had gotten into the car and closed the door as well, I start the engine and proceed in pulling forwards. The barrier is lifted at the van and the Canterberry Trail continues to HQ. We move, going around the large fissure, having to take a side street and proceed towards the Metro on an alternate route. After driving for a moment, the call comes in over the COM lines with the updated status of the Metro events. It was good news that the barrier would be back up soon, but we were not out of the woods yet, which was made obvious by the hell hounds that were scattered along the streets and sidewalks. I navigate through the street accelerating through them and dodging between the enlarged beasts who seemed to be everywhere. Since the orders were for the squadrons not currently in battle to set up a parameter about the Metro, we would be closer to our new objective. I confirm to the group through our local communication that we would be setting up a parameter at the Metro's edge and creating a line of defense there. It would seem that we would have our hands full at the line since the movement of the vehicles attracted the attention of the hounds much like mice do cats. I call out to the other squadrons with our position asking if anyone was near our position. I get the confirmation that Gamma Team is set up in less than a mile with a parameter defense. I advise the group, "in half a mile we're going to meet up with Gamma, set up the barrier and get out fast. We'll set up a defensive parameter with them and carry out our orders." Looking over to Ingel after swirving out of the way of a pounce hell hound, I ask, "enjoying yourself?" ::

- 2578 -
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:38 pm

Panting he rose to his feet, his hand drawing his mask from his robes. Tying it in place over his face once more he smirked. He trembled as he clutched his bastard sword with nearly enough force to make his hands bleed. Grinning he swung the blade out in a wide arc before bringing it around in a knight's salute, the cross hilt at eye level.

"So be it. Let my heart be hardened, and never mind how high the cost will grow. I will make them suffer... Goranova, grandmother... I need your strength." he prayed softly. "I'll wipe out every demon in my way. I will claim my place... I will claim the very throne of Hell itself."

(119/707)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:54 pm

Alexis

A few more pushed strides across the floor of the parking garage brought me to within sight of my personal oasis, my car. After biting back the cry of jubilation that rose in my throat, I felt the final endorphin rush kick in for the mad dash to safety. Even as I heard the hounds enter the cement structure, the pounding of their feet and growls from their snarling mouths echoing in the tomb like area, my hand closed around the handle of the driver's side door. I was safe... at least for the moment. Diving in to the seat, I shove the key into the ignition and throw the car into reverse with little regard for wear and tear on the transmission. If the car held up to the abuse I was about to deliver, then I would gladly apologize for it after I lived through the night. Whipping the car out of the space, violently shifting it into gear, and stomping the gas pedal; I peal out of the garage, out of the main entrance, and speed away from the hounds that had my scent. They could always try to follow the scent of my exhaust but I was pretty sure they would realize how futile that would be, besides there were probably more of them between me and my intended destination. If they didn't get me, one of their friends could.

Even though East City is my home, the events of this evening began in City Metro. If something had to be done there, to call the hounds back or make them stop growing, then that is where I need to be. Now I wasn't suicidal or anything so I had not yet decided to try and get close to the epicenter of the action. I was more suited to be a spectator rather than one of those half cocked lunatics who run right to the edge of the hell pit to fight the DIC (demon in charge). With full intent to only watch, I take off for City Metro and secretly hope that I can get there in time to see something other than cerberus spawn.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:04 am

Jasper

My plan worked. Taking a few minutes to catch my breath and gulp down the drink that someone shoved into my hand proved to be just the thing to do to get Ric and the other men to walk away from me, leaving me relatively alone with Trinity. As soon as they were out of earshot I lifted the glass to my lips to make it look like I was taking another sip but in reality I was signaling my little sister. "Psst. Trin." Being the lovely sister that she is, she caught on quickly and moved over next to the chair where I was seated. Without making it obvious, she came close enough to hear what I was saying. "Hell hounds, Trin. Fucking devil dogs. That's what is outside of those doors. Have you heard anything about what the fuck is really going on?" I knew her first reaction would have been to turn on the news and find out what was going on, even though the reports would never say the truth my sister was smart enough to make connections on her own. I watched and waited for her answer while really taking another sip of my drink. We couldn't stay holed up in here all night long, not with the city under attack out there, but I couldn't let Trin enter the fray either. I am more machine than man these days, but my sister is all mortal. She could never stand against one of those beasts. I doubted her little gun would even scratch them.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:15 am

Trinity

When Jazz signaled me, I stepped closer and made it look like I was trying to comfort him so he could tell me whatever it was he had to say. Even before he was finished speaking I was already nodding ever so slightly. "I know, I saw them in the background of the news report. They say there was an attack on some government building in City Metro, an explosion. The reporter said that the police were fighting the culprits, gunfire was going off in the background but they weren't firing on people. It was the hounds. They're going to end up blaming it on terrorists again, just like before. Terrorists are evidently government code for demonic cannon fodder. Will those tables hold the door if they try to break through? And umm... earlier... a few minutes before you got here... this is going to sound crazy but... did you hear a voice? A voice telling you to go to City Metro and fight the swarm of evil?" I watched my brother for some sign that he had the same experience that I had, my heart gave a little jolt when I saw recognition in his eyes as soon as the words left my mouth.

Before he could respond, or recount what he had heard, my phone started to go off in my pocket. Shooting him a glance to tell him to hold on a minute, I pull out the phone and see that it is Ingel calling. Knowing I had to take the call, I flip the phone open while giving Jasper an apologetic smile. Putting the phone to my ear, I try to keep my voice calm for Ingel, I didn't want him to worry about me if he was out there in the middle of whatever was happening. "Ingel, hey, you better start off by telling me that you are alright..." Okay so staying calm is officially out the window. I could even hear the worry in my voice, but I guess worry is better than outright fear.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 1:49 pm

As I held the phone up to my ear, I glanced around the area while making my way over to Jyn's car and climbed back into it before Jyn began to drive once more. When Trinity answered her phone, I let out a sigh of relief upon hearing her voice. Once she asked the question I smiled faintly since she took the words right out of my mouth, though I could hear the sound of worry that was in her voice and I didn't want to upset her any further, " Yes, I'm alright. Are you alright? Are you still at the bar or have you gone home? " I glanced over at Jyn before shifting my gaze back to the path we are taking back to HQ. When I hear Jyn begin to speak once more, I look to him once again before looking away as I tilt my head to the side, pinning my phone between my head and shoulder, freeing my hands so I could reach into my coat and pull out one of my pistols and begin the proses of checking to make sure it and its counter part are still fully loaded and ready for the conflict that was undoubtedly heading our way. " Listen Trinity, I'm afraid I won't be able to come to where you are at, at least not right now. This attack has got me kind of tied up.. As soon as everything calms down I will come see you. " As I finish checking the two pistols, I slip them back into there holsters and reach up, taking a hold of the phone as I lift my head upright. When I hear Jyn speaking up, I glance at him and give a faint nod.

Post WC: 294
Total WC: 2,052

Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 12:34 am

A pulse reverberates in my chest as I feel a surge growing within me. I had been quietly following the demons as if I too were a mere drone before I find myself coming before a portal opening and a group of demons exiting. Seriously, are there few full grown female demons in the mortal realm. The chick with a cat looks like a kid and the other one looks like... wait... I have seen that girl somewhere before. I think harder and harder on it before I realize! My eyes sharpen on her as I move forward slowly. I stop abruptly and fall back when I see the ambush attack. The ease in which the girl dispatches... wait... that's the demon that I fought when I went to help that Sacred Hunter girl that tried to kill me. So it would seem that there is a connection between the two. I wonder what sort of power drinking his demonic blood would grant me. Still, I would have to get rid of her first. That can be arranged. Watching her dispatch of the attacking forces, I wonder why they did not evade the attacks that even I saw coming, but I figure that it is of no consequence. I pay little attention to the one with multi-colored hair or the cat girl. I am more concerned with finishing off that one and his little pet.

As they enter this cavern, I find that we did not come where I had expected which I suppose is for the best. Still, I head forward with the rest to keep an eye on my target. Just thinking about the effect that his blood could have on me excites me more and more. I stand with the others as the main male demon does his thing and having spent so much time in Arden prior to this, it hadn't even dawned on me that I am surrounded by demons. Looking about this room, I realize that there are too many demons in here for me to be sure that I can kill Tiamat without any interruptions. Perhaps, I should correct that. Whispering to myself in the demonic tongue that I learned from Gilboa while in Onitoshi, "Harnock vidum joegi sexey" which loosely translates to "Spirits of the mist, Blood of the Nymph, cover me!" The effects of the Unwetting Rayne spell encircle me before my thoughts turn to fire and the demons pervading the path to Tiamat.

My pupils switch to flames as my thoughts see the altar room filling up with fiery geysers (like in the Lion King with the birdie boilers) and they erupt continuously. As to not drawn attention to myself, I allow the fire to erupt around myself as well. Well... it looks like it's erupting around me at least. The timing is grand as it occurs while all of us are told to move. If this is completely successful, the room would be much more open. The beauty of having spent so much time with my fire powers and being surrounded by demons is that the blame can be placed anywhere! Also, it should cause quite the distraction to deal with the little brat as well. "I curse you for interfering before." My voice is kept down as to not draw attention but directed at SeVen. I'd like to keep her out of my way this time.

If all of that is successful, I would simply exhale for a moment before raising my hand to get the main man's attention. "Excuse me. I hate to be a bother, but I have some unfinished business with Tiamat. Don't mean to interrupt your business here, but I'd kinda like to hurt him... a lot then absorb some of his power. Do you mind? We can take it outside if it's a distraction." I kind of hope they didn't mind as I had little care for their business now. Tiamat is supposed to be a pretty powerful demon, so it's time to discover what his powers have in store for me. I ready myself for an incoming attack.

721/1912

Powers used:
1) Unwetting Rayne (self)
2) Pyrokinesis (room)
3) Curse (SeVen)
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Kiun

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 1:08 am

Hotaka Kaito!

Continuing to run, there seemed to be a conversation going on on the other side of the phone. It piqued my interest, but there were more immediate things going on right now than wondering about what Asakano was doing. As long as he was inside, it didn't matter. His mentioning of a voice telling him to go to the Metro to go fight, however, was something I hadn't expected. It made me look at the phone in disbelief, and wonder if what he was talking about was what I thought it was. If he had indeed heard the same thing I heard, then things were considerably more interesting than I had initially assumed. "A voice? Yeah, I heard it too. Disregard it for right now; we'll worry about it later! Just stay there until I arrive. It won't be long, so don't worry about it."
However, after pausing for a moment following that line, the seriousness in my voice would fly away as I give in to temptation and ask, "Uhh... Hey, Asakano. Is there something going on over there? I couldn't tell, but I thought I heard someone mumble something..."

WC: 190/1,102
Action: Phone Call + Going to Asakano's house.
Timeframe: Current
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 3:50 am

-Manifest Destiny-

Her messege hasn't been answered yet, must mean that either Jyn has his hands full, or he's on the move. She wondered if she should get to him. Izumi merely bit her bottom lip as just being in one place seemed to bother her quite a lot. She wanted to do something, but she had to be honest, going out alone would have been a stupid idea and her powers weren't fully mastered yet so going out with rather novice skills is about the stupidest thing a person can do. For a moment she allowed her spells to scroll through her mind as she was just thinking about thier incantations and thier effects all at once. It was something for her to do and it just made her even more edgy. She would just have to sit and wait, would Jyn even need her assistance in this kind of situation? Well he did have the back up of the rest of the Division 12, so he most likely wouldn't have needed her help. But still she wanted to be there and get to his side for just in case. "Hey Cathy..." she would utter softly as she looked towards Cathy. "Anyway we can find out where Jyn's current location is at?" Cathy merely arched a brow. "Yes, but why would you want to know? You're not planning on going out there are you?" Izumi said nothing. Cathy merely narrowed her eyes. "You're nuts if you think i'm going to let you go out there just to get to Jyn. He has his squad and the other members backing him up, so theres no need to worry about him. you can just keep your butt here and wait for him." Izumi merely cursed herself in her mind as she figured that this would be the likely response, maybe she could teleport over to him, or phase her way through the walls. At leasy she'll physically be out of harms way.

-Word count: 329[3121]
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:18 am

Post 5:
The loud motorcycle gets attention as soon as it penetrates the forest. Spirits who didn't followed the call to the deep deep chase after the motorcycle. When the cycle comes to a stop in a clearing there is a row of demons and spirits waiting for it. The demons see that the rider is a demon and a higher order. No one was feeling lucky. Demon's who banded together to fight something had no reason to fight a higher order demon randomly, so they turn and disperse (The Lance Effect).
--
For once, Adrian's grandmother speaks to him. A light beams in the distance. The path to Goranova is revealed!
--
Hell hound demons chase after moving cars like toys, pouncing them from the sidewalks.
Division 12 holds their ground and continues to fight. The hellhounds are around 65% less than what they started. The barrier has 5 more minutes before it comes up.
--
Inside the sacred cavern several demons feel the initial effects of Psyre's spell. But, as soon as the fire pick up, Krys turns her gaze straight to Psyre. Her glare is piercing and demented. She commands.

"Simmer down!"

She binds Psyre, including his mouth. The fires fade back down. Tiamat is caught off guard and Imorte looks interested. They look at the same target that Krys does. Imorte smiles and turns his attention to Psyre. Kyrs barks to make an example of Psyre.

"Anyone who gets out of place will get it!"

The demons standing next to Psyre slowly move away from him. She raises her hand to him, but Imorte stops her.

"Wait..."

She looks at him and frowns. Imorte turns back to Psyre and speaks into his mind.

"Before we kill you, who are you and what is your objective? Amuse me and you may live."

Tiamat recognizes Psyre from before. He frowns.

"You..."

The demons about the room and those trying to get in start getting rowdy. Krys yells in a high pitch voice.

"Shut up and be still!"

The lower orders freeze. She rubs her temples and hugs her kitty.

"Lower ordered fodder!..."
--
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 12:06 pm

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 Untitled-1
I stood there by the bike, watching the girl dispatch of the demons, and then a strange being come from out of a void like portal. I had tried to make a decent ruckus on the way in, but these two were doing a much better job. It was better that way, as I wouldn’t have to reveal any of my abilities, or who I was. My eyes lay onto the fire user, who seemed to float down into the entrance to the face. It wasn’t long before screams and yells, followed by demons spread out from around the area. My curiosity was increasing now, and something told me to go down the rabbit hole. I tucked my gloves into my pocket and ran forward towards the entrance. With a wave up to the girl, I shifted my body in mid leap into my animal form. The shape glowed a bright blue and yellow before I disappeared into the cavern like structure.
What was I thinking? Absolutely nothing! I shook my head off at the thoughts of him disappearing, and instead decided to take my own maneuver.
“Hey.. Cupcake.. Over Here..”
Unfortunately, not a single one of them wanted to stay and play with me. Oh well. I watched the demons disperse from the area, leaving me with an open hole to look at. Things were going to be much easier than I had originally thought possible. Oh well. Something still told me that I really needed to get in there, so that is exactly what I would do right now. If there was a will, there was a way.. at least I hoped there was a way. If not, I was going to be shit out of luck. I didn’t think you could use lightning underground. The Ground wasn’t really the best element that I could work with, but as long as it had some minerals in its soil I might be able to pull something out of my ass. With that said, I pulled my gloves into my pockets and actually headed into the cave. This was going to be interesting.

Tech : none
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 6:24 pm

Before I can deal with the pest, somehow this female spirit sees me out of ALL THE DEMONS IN ROOM! Damn, she's good. I'm even wearing garbs from Onitoshi. Judging by some of the others here, perhaps I should have forgotten to shower and I would have been able to blend in more, but that is most unsightly. When she looks at me, I try to prepare for an attack, but none comes. This isn't good! Haku! An image of me holds still as it is covered in flames. When the flames slowly fade away, I am no longer standing there. The female finds me again though. I am so out of my league against this one. I had better figure out something quick b/c she's like a damn hawk! She gets ready to attack me, but the male stops her. Something tells me that he probably just saved my skin... for now. I find myself unable to move as he speaks into my mind. I really need to figure out how to control people's ability to do that! He asks me what my purpose here is. I look directly at Tiamat and raise my head to him. "I do not care about your affairs. I simply want to destroy him and drink his blood to augment my own power. We have a score to settle. IF he is necessary to your plans and I kill him, I will aid you in his place." I fall silent and await this spirit's decree. If he allowed me to fight Tiamat, it should ensure my survival provided that I can kill the demon. It is time to discover the true extent of my power. I take in a deep breath and exhale with the word, "Vaeraer." I am able to restore 15% of my stamina back to me without weakening myself. I would continue to do this as I prepare to fight or be executed.

350/2262
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:24 pm

"Goranova... I'm coming." he muttered to himself.

He dashed forward, moving at full pace, faster than the average human. His body had grown much stronger, more resiliant since his last encounter with the demon. He was much stronger than he was durring their first encounter. He could take more damage than most humans could. And he had only the demons in the Western Woods to thank for that. If he hadn't been forced from the shell of the human norm he never would have grown in the ways he did. His eyes narrowed as he shot for Gothstone, moving as swiftly as his legs would carry him, ignoring most of what was going on around him. He had only one thing on his mind. Retrieving the Sword of Light. He would be long dead before he allowed a demon take it again.

The Sword of Light was said to only show it's true power in the presence of it's master. But whatever had drawn it's light forth had called to him. Someone favored him this night, and he wouldn't be wasting the gift bestowed. When he found the demon, Domen'Yun he would put an end to the demon's life. Just as he had planned to do in their first encounter. And if that bitch of a master of his showed her face he'd take her head off as well. He was no longer a demon hunter. He was the very demon that haunted his dreams. Adrian's eyes narrowed as he let go of everything around him, letting his emotions leave him. If he were going to fight a demon he'd have to do so as one himself.

I wont lose. I'll wipe them out if I have to become their king to do so, he thought, I'll win this time.

(300/1,007)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:34 pm

Asakano Seiki

My attention snaps back to the phone in my hand as I nod and answer, "right, stay in the house... got it..." I didn't know that Hotaka cared so much about my well being, but if it where him, I would do the same. It was the bound and kinship between men, our kindled spirits wanting to do battle, but only in the glorious presence of each other where we could partake in an orgasmic royale against overwhelming odds and defeat them. With that thought, I am even more so riled up than any video of lesbian women could ever have gotten me and I assure, "hurry here! I can hardly wait!" Remembering the asked question about something happening over here, I sober up a bit and answer, "well, no... not really. Natsuki's came up and startled me from behind and she looks like she's dressed to go somewhere... I'm thinking she might have heard the voice as well?..." I turn to her with a questioning look at I speak.

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:40 pm

. Manifest Destiny .

:: Looking to him, I realize that I might have been a little rude seeing as he was on the phone. With the serving and the hellhounds, I had not noticed that he had taken the time to make a phone call. Looking back forwards, I continue to navigate the roads, which seemed to be clearing out as we neared the rally point where the other team was. The sound of automatic weapons become increasingly noticeable and in rounding a corner of a block, we are able to see two vans set side by side with a half dozen Division 12 agents holding the area. The wheels squeel as the breaks are hit and we slide into place near the battle zone, narrowly missing a hound that is rifled away. The incoming van behind us, takes one of the hounds into its grill and smashse it across the road before coming to a stop and opening its side doors. "Raise that barrier," I give the order again as I get out of the car, wasting no time in dawning my semi automatic pistols and firing over the hood of the car to the demon hounds approaching. With a yell over the sound of gunfire, I advise the team leader, "we've come to back you up." ::

- 2792 -
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:49 pm

. Manifest Destiny .

:: There is another bright flash of light as a final strike is laid upon a hell hound and it falls to the ground. The proud warrior stands in the middle of nothingness. Have disintegrated demon mutts lay beneath him to his disgust; they were less than trash barely worth of his time. His body showed signs of the battle with bite marks and claw scratches, but he was made of a much stronger resolve than a mortal. The sword in his hand takes his interest as it lifts it up with the tip pointing towards the heavens and looks upon it. "I yet to know the name of this blade..." he remarks, "the human may have said it once..." He gives a solemn nod. "It is a good sword; it meets my approval." ::
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:15 am

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 Natsuk11

Looking up at Seiki with a smile after he turns around and starts to explain himself but in turn ask me where I thought I was going. My eye twitches, just the way he asked normally would piss me off beyond belief. My eyes narrow as he goes back to talking on the phone. I think about just hitting him but my irritation soon fades when I feel the slight tug on my coat as his hand grabs hold of it and he gives me that look. Turning my face as I feel it start to blush and I zone out for a moment as I think about fuzzy pink rabbits, blue moons and big yellow stars. Spacing out isn’t something I do too often but with all the time I spend at class and then having to go work after that and then having to study after I get home…. I think I am running a little low on sleep. Come to think about it I think that is all I get to do anymore is school and work. I can’t even remember that last time I’ve gone out on a date, more importantly when was the last time I got laid!? I start counting the days, then the days turns to a week, then the week turns into weeks, then the weeks turn into a mouth, then the mouth turns into OH MY GOD! How the hell did I let this happen! I must be like a twelve year-old down there!

A sweet bead from on the side of my face….

Wait that could be a good thing… my thoughts ponder on this for a few more seconds till my attention is drawn back to Seiki. Look back up at him with a puzzled face and blinking eyes, “Huh? ….Oh the annoying voice? Yeah sure I think I heard something like that…. I think I’m going to go make some tea… yeah that’s what I’m going to go do…” Forgetting about how the mark on my body has a soft glow to it while Domen is out running around and would be showing from the lack clothing around my mid-drift and shoulders, but the two pistols in holsters around my waist was normal; I slip out of my coat and turn around to wonder off into the kitchen.

Items Used: Beads of Rejection (Passive)
WC: 390/1471
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:15 pm

Alexis

My drive toward City Metro was uneventful for the first two blocks. My jaunt on foot toward the garage had evidently inspired the hounds in the general vicinity to give chase that way and in the process it cleared the surrounding streets on the opposite side of the garage. After the first block I caught sight of a few hounds running along a parallel street. Gunning the gas I try my best to outrun them, and it even seems to be working... until I make a turn and find three more hounds running along the sidewalk. When I initially thought of the car I saw it as a means of escaping safely. It took only a few seconds for me to realize that the hounds saw it as a really big toy. Aside from darting in and out of traffic on the highway I hadn't been trained in evasive vehicular maneuvers. I was about to get my own personal crash course.

The first hound I came to, when I was still thinking that driving right by him would be an option, immediately crouched into pounce position and readied himself for my approach. I saw his body take on this stance and knew without a doubt that I was in big trouble. Until I saw him spring I continued to drive down the lane as if I didn't even see him and then at the same second when his body started to move I jerked the wheel to the opposite side to make the car swerve just out of the range of his pounce. While that one was fairly easy to evade, the two farther down would not be. They were on opposite sides of the street at almost the same point so just swerving to the other side would not work. On top of that I now had the first playful devil dog on my tail like a puppy chasing his chew toy. As I got closer to the two hounds already in pouncing position my eyes dart around the area for some semblance of an escape route.

Not finding an escape, I see only one option with a minute chance of success. Jerking the car dangerously close to the sidewalk on the edge of the street where the hound closest to me was pounced and ready, I watch for the other one to jump from his side and try to cross the street to get the car. All the while, waiting for the two hounds to jump and come after me so I could make my plan work, I was praying aloud to the silence within the car. All I needed was one tiny little miracle to make this disaster turn out alright. The hounds didn't do exactly what I had hoped, the one on my side of the street didn't pounce immediately, instead he stepped back as if waiting to see what the hell I was doing. The one on the other side of the street didn't look like he was going to cross to me like I needed him to, but just before I reached his buddy, he did exactly what I had prayed for. While he was dashing into the street to come after the car, the first one was gaining on my rear end, and the one on my side of the street was about to pounce... my heart was ready to explode as my knuckles tightened around the wheel and I stomped the gas the kick the car up another gear. Surging away from the chasing hound, veering just far enough to avoid both of the pouncing ones, I make a clean break to the end of the street.

Heading on for City Metro, my eyes were busily scanning the streets for more of the hell beasts while I continued voicing my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:36 pm

Trinity

Hearing the voice of the man I had fallen for put a smile on my face. If he could speak, and speak clearly, then chances were that he was doing just fine. I knew better than to ask where he was or what he was doing, guys in his new line of work couldn't exactly tell you those things, especially not when they were most likely in the presence of their superiors. He sounded distracted so I didn't want to take up more of his time than necessary. "I'm fine, I was still at work when it all started so Ric cleared the building and told us to bunker down in here. Jasper ran in a few minutes ago and had us barricade the door. We're going to stay here if we can until everything is alright. Be careful, Ingel, don't play around with those things, they are serious business. Call me whenever you can, whenever you're cleared of duty or whatever they say." While I wait for Ingel to respond, assuming that he will end the conversation and carry on with his business, Jasper watches me with a poorly hidden smile. Sending him a scathing glance, which is only met by a rolling of his eyes, I spin on my heel to turn my back to him.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:14 pm

Spotting the lone demon the human swordsman set his jaw his anger rising. The very thought that the sacred blade was in the hands of a demon such as his mortal enemy was something he couldn't stand. His eyes narrowed as he gripped the Devil's Teardrop tighter in his hand. But he didn't slow down he charged the demon, his eyes narrowing as he drew closer.

"I'll be taking that BACK!" he said, as he continued the reckless charge.

His anger was getting the better of him. He'd learned much since their last encounter. And yet seeing the sword of Light in Domen'Yun's hand had caused him to forget himself. Once more he was attacking recklessly as he had done so the first time they'd met. He was intent on taking the weapon back, and nobody could have it.

"Aguaiem maha maveil!" he shouted as he summoned the seven star shield into existance.

(153/1160)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next