Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Into the dreams, out of the day

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Into the dreams, out of the day Empty
PostSubject: Into the dreams, out of the day   Into the dreams, out of the day EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:33 am

A dauntless breeze brushed upon the rugged terrain, with every gust picking up a thicket of golden sand and tip-tapping against Varian, or more accurately, the Ice Serpent. His ship, the Hanuman was somewhat of a trophy for the soldiers of heaven, as they’d sacrificed so much to obtain it and still had no remorse for their actions. Loki’s pleading tears and Anasti’s lack of breath seemed to morph into somewhat of a cloud overhead, shielding the pouring rain that reminded them that this was a reality that night as they stared at their dying sister. Nothing more valuable could’ve been lost than their precious sister, the youngest of the three, the woman who kicked all reason to the curb and let her headstrong womanly beliefs guide her every whim. At times like those, the squad could only question if something so terrible could be a reality. Why today? Why now? It just cannot be. The desperation in their spirits forced themselves to deny any fatal injuries on their beloved sister, and as they refused to give up, once more Loki had saved his sister from an imminent death. Varian would not give on up life. He would not give up on the surface. He would not give up on Sensha.
Now, as time had passed and all shaken guts from the headstrong squad settled, they relaxed within their quarters as Kisi and Leroy navigated the massive reward towards the city of Novartis. Roseau joined Gemini and Darien on the lower levels in light-hearted games, Sensha and Nina exchanging ideas and human customs in the rear, and a heavy commotion came from within with the rest of the squad from the crew talking about the loss of the third division leader.
“Like hell I’m going to let you call any of the shots around here! I’m the leader, so you listen to what I say!”
“You think you’re so smart! If it wasn’t for me, you still would’ve been lying in the mud, bleeding’ like a worthless animal carcass!”
“Excuse me, big shot? I’m going to make you eat those words! Just because you inherited the Inheritances of Thunder and Lightning doesn’t mean jack and shit!”
“Try it, tough guy!”
“Can you guys calm down and sort this out like men, or do I have to be a referee every damn day?”
The door swung open, and Leroy slid into the room at full speed. He was breathing heavily, but had a smile on his face.
“Master Lightning Tiger, Sensha is awake! The healer worked! On top of that, we are already at Novartis”

I sat up lightly, shaking my head. My hand came to my face, wiping the sweat away. I was beginning to remember things from my past. The days had long past, especially from when I was a soldier for the other side and right before my fall. The entire thing was a blur, but it was slowly coming back to me. I laid my head down once again to attempt to get some sleep. Lauren had a surprise for me today, and knowing her, I would need all of the energy I could get for this. She had a really bad habit of pulling shit out of nowhere, and I hated it. Something you really needed to have some structure in your life, and this was one of them.

A light sigh escaped Nina’s lips as she took a seat nearby Leroy, the rifle snug on her back and drooping until a great deal of its weight was relieved upon the floor. She placed an elbow on the control panel before her, careful not to flip a switch or the like, and placed her cheek in her hand. The noise in the room was so tiring, even without a single battle in the last couple of days, she felt as though she wanted to collapse in bed, throw a pillow over her head, and just relax. Sure, she adored Kimi. She respected him and Loki greatly for their bravery, and she owed them her life, but when they quibbled like this, she just wanted them to shut up and never speak again.
“When are we getting to the demon’s hideout?” Darien inquired in a demanding voice. He was not intending an argument, but with that much testosterone in the room, one was bound to explode.
“I dunno. How far are we, Rona?” Darien added, sitting with his feet up and hands resting on the back of his head. He was growing bored with the lack of action lately. After his close call with Loki the other day, he was really craving a chance to prove his prominence.
“We’ve still got a ways to go, boys.” Leroy sighed in a sing-song tone. His plump lips curved ever so slightly upwards at the ends, much like the Cheshire Cat. Somehow, Darien and Roseau similar natures were refreshing to him, as he was used to passive, good men like Loki and Nina’s girly nature. Their whining was entertaining in a silly kind of way. With his legs crossed and foot dancing a bit in the air, he twirled his chair back to spy the two. “There’s a bit of desert left before we get to the ocean, and then we have plenty of land to cover. I’ll need some time to adapt the Hanuman for floatation, too.”
“Ahhhh.” Roseau grumbled. “We’ve still got a while. I want to kick some demon ass now!” Slamming his arms onto the table before him, his brow furrowed and he sneered lightly. He, too, was getting antsy from not having had a good fight in a while. Instead of roaring with him, Darien simply sighed heavily and nodded. Like Nina, the sitting around was growing tiresome.
“We’ll have plenty of battles ‘til we get there,” Sensha smiled, assuring her brother, as she, too, found his anticipation enlightening. “Just a warm up, you know, ‘til we get to slice the big cheese!”
Leroy let out a snigger. That was certainly an interesting analogy. “Right you are, Sensha.” He agreed, stretching his arms towards the ceiling, and smiling widely. “For now, I’d like to appreciate the fact that we’re safe, hm?”
“Like we ever weren’t.” Darien huffed, frowning towards Leroy. He was too sure of himself to have ever considered himself or the others in danger. Death seemed like impossibility at this rate. “I’m getting’ real bored just sitting’ around. What good does that do?”
“Oh, hush,” Nina finally spoke up, deciding to join the antagonizing whining instead of sulking about it. “You don’t need to be fighting all the time. I, personally, like being able to relax instead of risk my life. We all need a break sometime.”
With a frown, Darien rose from his seat and mirrored Sensha’s desk-slam. He disapproved of Yoko’s seeming laziness, as he’d taken what she said out of context. “The soldiers of heaven never take ‘breaks’! We’re on the job all the time, no question ‘bout it! We exist to liberate the other humans who are condemned to live underground and miss the awesome life on the surface because of these assholes’ overactive egos!” Though he was a bit fired up, he did not yell, but instead used a very serious tone of voice. With a slightly taken back look, Yoko took a moment to examine him. He was so passionate about their cause, it was hard not to completely agree and adopt his way of thinking. Something about his stupidity was attractive. Still, she couldn’t figure out if his survival through all this was luck or, as he’d claimed, the will to go on.
Nina opened her mouth to speak. Golden honey eyes began lighting up as she, again, found herself falling into one of his dramatic moods, and slowly began smiling until she realized a sudden change in expression. Instead of frowning, he was grinning madly. “..Hn?” She questioned, hearing a strange rushing noise from behind. It rumbled the room greatly, as she felt as if she were in some kind of human spaceship. Darien was staring at something, and apparently his soul was again on fire. There was a glow of red around the entire transport vessel. The demons had discovered them before they arrived. It seemed like things were about to get interesting.
I rolled over, breathing lightly. All I could think about was the upcoming event. I knew where this was heading. There was something that had been bothering me since I had been cast out. My brother had betrayed me because it was my fault. I had failed in protecting the youngest member of our squad, our little sister. She was an ice user too, but it was my fault for allowing her to go on this dangerous assault anyway. Slowly, I sat up, breathing heavily. The entire thing had been my fault. I could remember it without fault now. I felt my insides boiling with sadness, a deep feeling that I had not been brought to for a long, long time. Lauren was probably not even in existence when these events occurred. The damage that had been inflicted was something that would never heal, so long as I had half a mind to remember them. My younger sister was closer to me than Varian, my brother. She had followed him into the path of ice without even considering the consequences. My brother was a show off, a hot headed warrior that would storm face first into combat without even thinking about what he was doing. I couldn’t stand the thought of him right now. All I could remember was Sensha. Her beautiful eyes would stare at me every time I closed my own, making me remember my mistake.

I slowly drifted back to sleep while still sitting up. My body leaned against the headboard, my head down while a drop of liquid fell from my cheek to the sheet that covered my body. A single tear had been dropped for the thought that plagued me, a memory from a forgotten age. It was nearly thirty years ago when we had stormed a demonic encampment.

“2nd squads, 3rd division, move to the front. I’ll take my men and come from the side.”
“Roger that sir.”
My sister moved her group straight forward. She had begged me to be on the front assault with Varian’s squad. The older brother, and my younger, she adored much more than myself was once again leading the charge. Then again, I had never really cared about popularity. I was the leader of our squad, and nothing would get in the way of that. I led a tight ship, and was the reason why we were all still alive. All of that was about to change for the worst. I and three others covered around the side of the ship, immediately disembarking. The front of the transport ship opened up, and eight warriors spilled out. It didn’t take me long to clean up the side without help from the others. Lightning struck from the ground up, attracted to their body’s negative polarity. I watched the entire thing like a movie reel inside of my dreams.
We came around the front to a horrible sight. The battle had not finished yet. They were all spread out, while my sister and two of her members tried to take on a beast of a creature. It was at least seven feet high. Her ice attacks would bounce off of its body with relative ease. I didn’t understand what was going on here. The others had trailed off to hunt down fleeing groups, but this one wouldn’t go down. I watched carefully while the others stood behind me in awe. This creature was unlike anything we had ever seen before. His large hands bore spiked knuckles, his tan and black skin was covered in braided hair that was twisted with human skulls. Atop his head sat a helmet of spikes and thorns, protruding backwards into another set of braided hair with spikes on the end. I took a step forward, then flickered at full speed to assist my sister. The creatures arm came down, and two of her men were struck. I felt their blood splatter across my body as I twisted to catch them. Laying them down, I assured them it would be okay. I already knew they were dead, and wouldn’t make it through this battle. Before I could stand up, I heard a scream. My head lifted in time to see my sisters body raised above that beast, and thrown to the side. She bounced like a little rag doll. I went to move, but I couldn’t. All I could see was her body, laying there in the mud. I felt something inside break, shattering into the darkness as the creature came towards me. Without hesitating, its arm raised, but stopped. A wave of ice had covered its entire lower body. My younger brother lifted me to my feet. There were tears in his eyes as he saw our younger sister. I was out of breath at the loss, and looked at Varian. He had a glare that I had never seen out of him. Before I could stop him, his body hit the demon at full speed. The force broke the bottom of him out of the ice, and sent him toppling backwards. He leapt upwards, drawing a large pillar of ice with the head of a dragon on it. His arms thrust forward, slamming into the creature. The ice went through the beast, sending it flying forward. The second it hit the rocks, the wave of ice spread around its body, and onto the ground. A large section of the ground immediately froze, and all that was left was a crystalline statue of the original demon. My brother walked over to it, and kicked the head off, watching it shatter into shards of ice and frozen blood. I stood there, still without the power to move.

“wake up!!!”
The light covered my body, bringing me out of the dream. The last thing I could remember was staring at my sister’s body. It was covered in mud, laying face down, and there was nothing I could to save her this time.
“wake up sleepy head! Today is the day! Father wants you ready for school!”
“school?” Was she serious about this? There had to be some kind of mistake. There was no way I was going to a human school.
“Yea silly! We are going to go take a history class together, so get dressed!”
The maid had opened the blinds, blinding me with the morning sunlight. It was way too early in the day to start it like this. I sat there, right where I had fallen asleep. I couldn’t feel my face, and the sheet that was on top of me had dark spots on it. I was guessing it was due to the tears that had been shed in my sleep. Lauren looked at me funny before hopping out of the room to finish getting dressed. She could tell there was something wrong, but couldn’t really put her finger on it.

So, Lauren wanted me to go to school with her today. It seemed like there were a few summer classes at the university, and I was going to be enrolling in one of them with her. Lauren’s father had created a high school diploma, and used his political influence to get me into the school. Thankfully, my presence here had been hidden rather successfully.
[2607]
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Into the dreams, out of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the dreams, out of the day   Into the dreams, out of the day EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 11:03 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down

Into the dreams, out of the day
Page 1 of 1