Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No One's There

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male
Number of posts : 884
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-06

No One's There Empty
PostSubject: No One's There   No One's There EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 4:45 am

"Oh.. its just you again." Shou muttered lightly, glancing away from the scene of the vaspire feeding on another human woman. The creature glanced up, grinning quite toothily and giving the oni a glimpse of the blood in his mouth and caked around his lips. "Ah, the lesser fire spirit shows up again." The oni's left eye twitched at the title, remembering the battle against the fire demon well. To be regarded as lesser, though, irritated him, especially coming from this spirit in a human shell. Shou was forced to remind himself that this was his ally in the night, having been saved once before by the vaspire known as Dark Wing. A ridiculous alias to go by, Shou had thought on countless times now, but he had no name to call the other by. Except.. meh.. Dark Wing.
"I thought I had a hunt here, but.. don't let me take you away from that any longer." Shou decided to depart, but the vaspire dropped the human body and came to the oni's side. "Oh? You're hunting? But you're hardly all that strong yourself, isn't that right?" The vaspire chuckled lightly and Shou sent a glare his way. "If I remember, you weren't all that strong either.. do you want to become the hunt?" The oni stated, his fist setting a flame as he rose it in the other's direction.
Dark Wing simply waved his hands in front of him, only laughing. "Come on now, friend, they're just jokes. Though, I'd give you quite a fight." The vaspire smirked, glancing away after putting the comment in. Shou lowered his fist and returned that same expression. "That right? Then how about a spar, vaspire?"
"Oh no no no.. I couldn't possibly.. just.. never..!" Dark Wing suddenly lashed out, from behind Shou, surprisingly. Half of his form was melded in the ground still coming from the oni's own shadow casted on the ground, a drawback of the illumination that the street lights provided, one that Shou couldn't have expected. He whirled about suddenly, while taking a step away, but a sharp, three-footed nail of the vaspire tore into the clothing of his shirt just by his side. While stepping, and turning to face the vaspire, Shou was concentrating his magical energies, his mouth coming to form the words of a chant, "Temperatures, rise! Roast this vaspire before me!" He thrusted his hand outwards and the vaspire hissed out as the heat came into contact with him, waves overtaking him before blasting him backwards and striking across the road. Shou panted lightly, tired from the emission of the technique, before taking a deep breath and lowering his arm back down to his side, his breathing growing steady.
It was good to see his Heatblast was working quite well, for the level that it was at, walking up towards the body of the vaspire, wondering if he had killed the man. Before he could make it the full length, he came to a stop, seeing Dark Wing come to his feet. His body was burnt in several areas, the shirt he had been wearing was no more, showing his pale, seemingly purple-tinted body with various black spots where the burns had formed. Some of his skin had been torn open from the drying of his flesh, but all was being repaied before Shou's very eyes.
Dark Wing chuckled lightly, grinning blood-stained teeth the oni's way. "That's a new one.. bet your tired, though, huh? That's the best you got, ain't it?" The vaspire laughed once more, brushing away the remaints of his shirts that had been left on his shoulder. The burns would come to return to healthy flesh, and the man then narrowed his eyes menacingly in Shou's direction suddenly. "But.. that fucking hurt. You're gonna have to suffer some now." The oni furrowed his brow, taking a step back. "Then come.." He invited the vaspire, though his resolve was fast fading, having been seriously wounded by the mere fact his strongest, latest ability had failed to do any heavy damage. Not to mention the fact he could barely repeat the technique twice a day.
Again, Shou came to this dilemma. Inevitable defeat. The vaspire bursted forth from his spot suddenly, and the oni threw up his hands. "Infernal flames, burst and rise!" He clenched both fists as they came before him and the fire rose in front of him. The vaspire passed through, gritting his teeth at the pain of moving through the flame, more burns coming to his body, but it was something he shrugged off and continued his charge with.
Shou's eyes widened, seeing his flame defense passed through effortlessly almost. The oni cursed lightly at his own weakness, before coming back to resorting to the Heatblast once more. He knew he only had enough energy to use it once more but he couldn't help himself. The vaspire came closer now, his hand practically reaching out towards his target, when Shou finished his chant and blasted the spell outwards once more.
The vaspire shrieked at the immense heats this time, and was blasted backwards once more. Though he could repair the burns on its physical body, the damage would remain, and it had taken both hits point blank. This time it was down, smoke rising off of its body, and remaining down. Shou lightly breathed a sigh of relief, before it caught in his throat. The vaspire's arm twitched and it began to stir lightly. It lifted from its laid out position into a sitting one, groaning lightly. "Ugh.. pain.." The vaspire slowly came to a stand, though he leant against the side of a building, panting lightly and wincing at the burns that covered his body. "You're pretty good, demon, but.. you're at your limit now, aren't you? I can still fight." The vaspire stood away from the building and to his full height, looking across the ways to the exhausted Shou.
"Tch.. I can't keep this up.." The oni lightly muttered to himself, before the vaspire began to walk his way again. "I'm not really one for violence, which is why I didn't fight you on our first meeting. It's also why I haven't struck you once this entire time." Dark Wing came to stand before just the puzzled demon. "You don't have to get your ass kicked. You all ready lost this fight." The vaspire chuckled, before turning away. "Though, you did ruin a shirt of mine, so I suppose I should be mad enough for that. And these burns.. ah, better not feel these in the morning. Maybe when you get a little stronger, we can have a real spar, hm?" Dark Wing chuckled yet again, before he pushed off the ground and glided out into the night.
Shou watched the man glide away and was reminded of his great weakness. Even the vaspire had been hiding that strength of his.. was the oni really so small in comparison to all that was around him? His best technique, one that he had thought to be quite powerful, had failed him in handling out this affair. "Oh well. I'll take it as more encouragement." The oni stated out loud into the air, to no one in particular as there were no ears to take the statement in. None but his own at this late hour. Remembering that a demon attack could happen whenever, having been witness to several so far, Shou decided to stay out on the streets wasn't too wise a thought. Especially in his tired condition. Damn that vaspire! He wasted all of his energy on a meaningless spar. Well, he supposed he had gotten some chance to train out his new ability. Definitely something that rested on the plus side. Content with himself, the oni headed out from the streets.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male
Number of posts : 884
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-06

No One's There Empty
PostSubject: Re: No One's There   No One's There EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 4:45 am

1,257 Words

1,000 Words - Two stars to Heatblast.