Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

One Fine Day

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 4:24 pm

*thud*
Thus went Grunty's head against the side of a building. It was 6 AM, and the sun peeked shyly over the horizon, the light giving the vixen a headache. Never before had she drunk so much she'd gotten a hangover... and what a hangover it was! She could hardly recall the events of last night, which was a shame. She was pretty sure she had a good time.
Idly wondering whether she should tough it out or just shift back down to her spirit form (which, despite the decrease in body mass tended to help with this sort of thing, oddly enough), she opened up one eye, red and green like Christmas, and noticed a car jammed solidly into the brick side wall of the head shop next to her. Did she do that? She'd been known to lose her powers more than once upon taking too much... stuff... She could hear groaning from inside. Not the least bit interested in checking out who it was, due to her pounding headache, she reached in her pocket for some dust, a joint, anything not alcohol that could help offset the ickiness she felt.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male
Number of posts : 884
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-06

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 2:09 pm

One Fine Day Immybox_01
His view of the Lower Commons allowed Shou to spectate the human going ons down below in the streets. Himself, he was seated on the edge of a rooftop, seeming to not be paid much attention.. he had to remember that some of those humans weren't even able to see him here, while, if others did, they'd simply see him in the form he was in now, a red-haired humanoid looking person. Shou reached upwards to allow his fingers to take up the slender cone that was resting upon his ear, blunts as they had called them.
The one in his hand had actually been rolled by the oni himself, managing some technique in the practice. Although they were points to improve upon, at least the item was smokable. 'Grunty grows this, don't she?' Shou thought to himself, slipping the thinner end of the blunt into his lips while pulling out a lighter, something he had ended up stealing from the shop just down the street, and lit the blunt.
As the embers on the end brightened and cherried up, the oni came to stand while pulling the blunt from his lips. Losing interest as activity died down on the streets, most people going to their workplace now, the oni turned away and paced across the rooftop. He supposed he should be getting some business done, today, earn some money for himself. He was all ready being set up with some new clients today, though that arrangement was to be had in th evening.
As Shou released the smoke that had been held, the rush of the smoke clouds from his mouth drifted upward into the sky, before dying away. A couple of more hits into this thing, and the demon would start feeling his buzz, jumping off the rooftop and landing on two platform discs of fire that hovered just inches above the ground. They disappeared a moment later and his boots touched down on the pavement of sidewalk.
Shou decided he didn't know enough people if he had time to spend like this, simply walking and puffing. Then again, in a world where you were either an unknown or a hated enemy, it was tough finding allies.
One Fine Day Immybox_03
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 2:45 pm

Before she could find anything, she noticed something roughly dragon shaped creeping from the car.
Involuntarily, she took a short hop back, whereupon a large wall of rocks and asphalt crashed into the spot where she was a few minutes ago.
Rubbing her eyes groggily, the woman took another look at the car.
Standing atop the vehicle, tiny, short, and scowling hissed a weasel. Now Grunty had a particular distaste for weasels and polecats, viewing them as largely annoying and stinky like their skunk cousins, but she didn't feel like arguing with anybody. "Eh? What wuz that for?" she grumbled at him.
The weasel grinned, "So we meet again. Naturally you'd remember me. I was one of your best customers. I..." Popping a couple of pills in her mouth, Grunty began to walk off. "Hey!" The earth came up to bind the demoness, but she hopped back again. "Don't walk away! You know why I'm here! I won't let you escape."
"Sorry man..." she grunted, a bit of irritation creeping into her voice. "Who are you?"
The small creature waved his arms in fustration. "Anton! Anton, the one who used to buy all that speeddust in the academic district! I got addicted! My wife left me, I became suicidal, I overdosed! Someone must've told you..."
"Oh yea... ... naw, don't remember."
Growling, the ferret caused the asphalt to rip up and float. "You ignorant bitch!"

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:07 pm

Shou continued to puff as he made his way down the street, wondering where he should head first to begin making his first sales of the day. He'd have to meet up with the others, of course, since he still didn't enjoy the luxury of a cell-phone, seeing now that the thing would help him out in getting deals done and whatnot.
The demon would have been about mid-way through the blunt when he rounded the corner from one street onto the next. At first his eyes were skywards, his thoughts wandering, before suddenly noticing he was stepping into some commotion here. For one, there was Grunty, and that seemed like good news at the time, though the lady was obviously in some trouble judging by the damages around: a car that had broken through a brickwall, the strangely morphed asphalt on the streets and how chunks of the stuff were floating in the air even now. His eyes then fell to the source of the floating asphalt and noted the cursing ferret.
Shou removed the blunt from his mouth and looked to the thing almost increduously. "Damn.. uh.." The oni would ash out the thing on the bottom end of his shoe, figuring he'd had enough for the moment and some later wouldn't be a bad thing. "So what's got you guys awake this early?" He questioned out loud, placing the remaining half of the blunt back atop of his ear.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:22 pm

Bothe the weasel and the demoness turned to look at the newcomer.
"Hey! Brother Shou..." Grunty shouted, waving amiably. "Nice running into you again..."
"You stay out of this!" the weasel hissed, the rocks still floating about ominously. One or two would whizz towards the other oni's chest.
Grunty grinned, chewing the pills and anticipating their effects. "Ye know... just because ye're dead doesn't mean you can't still take speeddust. Tends to has less nasty side effects too. Here, let me show ya..."
She began walking closer to the car, whereupon Anton began walking backwards, "You stay away from me!"
Unfortunately, he didn't see the end of the car's hood and ended up falling backwards, sliding down the back window of the car, still wet with the morning dew. The momentum carried him towards a raised section of the street in the street, where he continued to slide until he disappeared into the blackness of a storm drain.
The demoness blinked. "Damn... another customer..."

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:36 pm

The oni was feeling way too out of body to manage a dodge from the rocks that came towards him, but he did have the instinct enough to raise his hand out in front of him in the means of defense. They struck against his palm and bounced off, returning to the street, stinging his hand though as Shou winced. "What do you think you're.." He began, but Grunty's approach had the thing jumpy and it suddenly fell off of the car's hood. The ferret seemed to have lost all balance and control as it continued before falling into a storm drain.
"That was a customer?" The oni asked, thinking the hostile little thing odd, and also realizing himself fortunate enough not to have clients like that. The events of the ferret were fast-fading in his mind, though, as he found himself alone with Grunty and feeling pretty lifted, making his way closer to the woman. "I was hoping I'd run into you, actually."

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:58 pm

"Uh... a former customer..." she said almost apologetically, scratching the back of her head and blushing. "Not all of them keep their common sense when they become spirits, y'know?"
The blush, despite her dark skin tone, came primarily from the effects of the stuff she just downed, but her eyes seemed a different color, a very soft amber versus her normal icky green and yellow. "Awh... whatcha need me for?"

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:12 pm

One Fine Day Immybox_01
As he approached closer to the woman, he noted the change of eye color and the blush on her cheeks rather curiously. "That's interesting.. I could have sworn you had yellow eyes, or something." Shou stated, unable to keep such a thought to himself, especially in the influenced state of mind he was currently in. The oni reached up and retrieved the blunt he had smoked halfway through earlier, while slipping his other hand into his pocket to grab a lighter. "I remember you said something about growing plants, right? How you wanted to use that spot in the woods and everything?" He lit the blunt, pausing in his talking briefly to get the cherry on it burning. Once he removed it to talk once more, smoke slowly fumed out of his mouth in the words. "When are you talking about doing all that?"
As soon as he was done with a second hit of the thing, he would then pass it Grunty's way, with the inquiring expression of 'want any?'.
One Fine Day Immybox_03
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:52 pm

"Mmm?" the oni lacked the benefit of a mirror to note the sudden pinkish shift in her irises, but the colors of the world seemed a lot brighter.
Taking the stuff softly from the other's hand, she would take a deep drag, a satisfied expression coming of her face as she held the smoke in to taste it, exhaling slowly. "Ah... well, Brother, I have one patch growing already, but Ies easily sidetracked ye see. I'd be willing to plant the larger patch ye abandoned as soon as I can coerce some weaker youkai into mai service. Ies think I'm strong enough to do that now. What do ye think, eh? Slavery sound good? I sure can be doing more important things. Took all day to get that small patch planted."
Truth be told, that was her intention the first time she went out there, but this fellow seemed so nice and he had a cute butt and he provided much better company than the other, lesser spirits out in the woods. He would be better in administration than out in the field.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 1:44 am

Well, she seemed to enjoy the stuff, obviously having been around it longer than he had. Although, this would have only been his second time, and having all ready smoked through half a blunt alone, he was all ready feeling at his limit. Any more would just be a waste, Shou figured. "You can go ahead and keep that rest of that." The demon would suggest, while his thoughts played on other things. Slavery was sort of something he was indecisive about, but a following and underlings were certainly neccessary if she was planning on getting some real profit made. And this would be his money too, he reminded himself.
"The lesser spirits are all trash, anyways. There's plenty around the forest, especially in that area. Hmm.. I think I'd wanna see what you have growing right now, whenever you got the time for that." The demon was interested in how these things were managed and harvested, especially with the pleasantness and calm that was inspired by the blunt.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 7:13 pm

"Suit yerself brother," she mumbled, grinning and taking another drag. "I have time... wasn't planning much today, and a student's more valuable than a customer in a way, eh?" Looking up at the sun to note the time, she tried to recall the last time she made a sale, as well as how much inventory she had left. It wasn't much, she'd probably have to get someone to gather up that field she had, and either mug someone with the other chemicals or buy some from Toot. It seemed ages since she'd seen the man with the van last. Buying it seemed boring, though, especially compared to the bonus meal that often came from jumping some thug. Idly, she wondered if she was on the Black Wing's hitlist yet. Nobody had come after her except for that weasel.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 3:17 pm

The oni casted his glance towards the woman as she took another drag of the blunt, and was reminded of his attachment to her. Fortunately, the incident in which they had been drunk didn't seem to affect the partnership of business as much as he feared.. except now equipped with the knowledge that Grunty was a very satisfying woman in bed. It was an event that he wouldn't have minded to repeat and, so long as he continued to stay close and work with her, he was certain they could play on those notions once more. Alcohol worked very powerfully for such things.
"Heh, so I'm a student now? Guess I can't really argue with that." Shou replied, while his hand went to his pocket, fishing for a small leather bi-fold case. His fingers would press against the side of it, feeling for the objects it held, counting three of them. A good bit to take on the road with him, then, since his temporary provider of the stuff had suggested he be well-equipped in travels.. unless he was going to more secure places, of course, where cops would be a problem. Considering the Western Forest, though, Shou didn't think they'd have that problem. "Just how complicated is growing, anyways?"

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:03 am

"Oy..." the woman sighed, beginning to walk in a southwestern direction based on where the sun was. "Ye'd think it would be easy. It's a damn plant in a forest, but no. I need to buy some fucking guard dogs. Ies go out there some days, there's a demon fight. Ies go out another day, there's a cow youkai passed out in the field and he's eaten a good 15 plants. I keel him of course. I'd like to grow them closer to the city, but if the pigs didn't get them the junkies would, all of these issues ain't including things like when the plant gets sick or gets bugs on it. Very time consumin, but I have business in the city, I can't just stay there and babysit the little dears, eh?" The topic seemed to sadden her a bit. She recalled the time someone unsealed a demon from a rock near her precious plants, and how she had to light the whole area up in revenge. If those plants had survived she would've had a sizable crop weeks ago.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 7:49 pm

The man walked beside her while allowing her to talk, listening to the answer of his question. So the difficulty in growing it wasn't in the crop itself, but the outside forces it was vulnerable to. He supposed this could be said of many plants, though this one held a different value to society, and was certainly a great release from the world. The exotic pleasures that he felt in his mind was only testament to the vegetation's worth. And apparently pigs and cows took a liking to them, something he found odd enough, wondering where in the city the swine were kept. He'd have to keep a careful eye out for those animals when dealing with the pot, not to mention the very ominous sounding 'junkies'.
"I can look after the fields for now, until you've gotten that one plan figured out. The one about getting some lowers in our servitude." The oni replied, shrugging lightly, figuring he'd make himself useful in some way. Besides, if she did have a field of this stuff, it was a bigger supply than he was running now.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 8:28 pm

She stroked her chin slowly. This one was used to the woods and could probably guard the field pretty well. "Eh, it shouldn't be that hard to intimidate one or two little creatures into their service, and he could probably help with that, which isn't to say it would be bad for him to guard the field until she was ready to go find some more. Idly, she wondered if he would end up sampling some of the product himself. Well, he was new at this, how much could he possibly consume over the course of the growing season, even if he was stoned all of the time?
"Sounds good..." she said happily. "I like yer woods, though. Quiet n peaceful n alot cleaner to walk on, wouldn't ye say?"

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 8:39 pm

The oni wondered on what it was that she was considering after he had made the suggestion. In her position, he would have assumed an immediate acceptance of his offer to assist, but he did have to remember that they hadn't met all that long ago. If there were still trust barriers that she was dealing with, Shou was fairly certain they were temporary things. Once she did agree, the demon smiled, suddenly feeling much more accomplished knowing he would caretake and grow his own supply, rather than having to buy large amounts and dishing it out in smaller portions to make some profit out of it. This way would be pure profit.
"Not as peaceful as you think.." Shou mumbled to himself lightly, briefly recalling the demon he had encountered on his revisit to the place, since he had been away. To her, though, "The spot'll work. If you could show me how to grow them too when we get there, that'd help."

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 8:50 pm

The demoness's grin spread. "I got some seeds from the Black Wings, the guy couldn't tell me what strain it was because I ripped out his throat... uhh... I guess I could've done that a bit cleaner, eh? But yea..." It was good to see the man smiling, there was something charming in the expression on his face. "But yea, I guess there ain't no reason we can't work togethers. I remember there wuz some wolf youkai that launched itself at my face. There wus a bunch of them, akshually, but after I ate the first one things got pretty peaceful."

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 9:22 pm

"Black Wings?" The oni questioned upon hearing the name, reminding him of the vaspire he had met some nights ago, though he wasn't sure of a connection. Something else she had said grabbed his attention though, when she had stated she didn't know the strain of what she had. That meant there were different kinds of plants out there, didn't it? Simply more things he would have to learn more about, something he was hoping he could get through quickly. As much as he liked to learn something new everyday, his lack of knowledge on the topic would only hold him back from being the dealer he was hoping to become.
Shou looked to the woman as she told a story about some wolf demons, a little disturbed to hear that she had eaten one of them.. whether it had been in her fox or human form, both thoughts were a worrisome image.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 9:32 pm

Her eyes shifted a little bit to the side. "Oh, right... uhh... I fought them in my second beast form, if I'm hungry in it everything... becomes meat... eh... ANYWAYS! The Black Wings is our primary competition in the area. They's a big gang that deal in a lot of illegal substances, but usually I rob them for my supply of lovemust and stuff. They's one of the organizations I want to take down. Ye don't see members of them much, but they do run the Geisha House. Those ladies, from what I know, require inordinate amounts of opium to keep 'em calm, eh?"

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 9:45 pm

[justify]"Second beast form.." Shou mumbled, looking to the woman demon a little surprised. There was more to her than what had been revealed to him, then, and when he began to question whether he was capable of such a thing himself, he stopped himself short. Of course he was.. it was the beast within, the one that continued to thirst for the senseless pleasures of chaos and destruction. Thinking of Grunty in that kind of context was enough to pale his expression, though, not at all interested in invoking that beast out of her.
"They're the big shots, then, huh? Can they fight good?" Shou would question outloud as his hand went into his pocket, fishing into the case that he had brought with him. He retrieved a slenderly-rolled joint, something that almost resembled a baseball bat as the tip near his mouth was slimmer than the thicker end. The effects of the blunt hadn't worn off completely, but the oni found himself liking the stuff very much. It almost seemed like it calmed and soothed the monster that was within him.
A lighter wasn't neccessary in the case of him being a fire demon. A simple whim of the mind would have the joint lit, sparked up as he began to inhale the exotic smokes.[justify]

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 10:12 pm

She scratched the back of her head. Yea, her second demon form was pretty darn freaky, but he hadn't seen it yet. It might change his opinion of her... but somehow she figured if she really wanted him she could just take him, though the mechanics of such might be difficult. Might be fun, though, she mused, but then again, it might cause trust issues in the other she didn't feel like dealing with.
"Eh, they've got numbers. They's lower ranking members couldn't fight off a bee. I don't know why they continue to give the expensive shit to them to push. They aren't coming back if they run into sumfin other than a human."
She shook her head sadly, softly inhaling the second hand smoke of the lit joint. She was still a little bit high, but this was one of the few times she wasn't high-mixed-with-something-else. "So what exactly do ye want out of life, eh? Moneys? Powers? Mates?" It would be helpful to know the other's motives so she could align them with her own.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 10:23 pm

Seeing the woman inhale at the smoke that he gave off around himself, he couldn't help but chuckle lightly. Her wants were clear, here, and with a smirk he handed the joint towards her. The intention hopefully wouldn't have been confused with what happened with the blunt, as he was simply tossing her into a means of rotation. Besides, if he liked the stuff and she liked the stuff then they had enough similarities in which he could count on her as an ally and friend.
"We're competitors to them, though, so it's not unlikely to think that they might attack us.. right?" It seemed reasonable. After all, everybody wanted the most customers, and to do that one would have to take out rivaling sellers. Then again, Grunty didn't really seem too high-key of a dealer.. as far as he knew, the Black Wings didn't know of her existance.
When asked of his motives, Shou snickered, all three of those things sounding good to him. However, he all ready knew the answer before hand. "I want to save this pitiful human race." The oni replied, glancing around their surroundings of the Lower Commons. "And continue to enjoy the same pleasures that they do."

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 10:35 pm

The oni all too eagerly accepted the little piece of heaven, not making eye contact initially. After a few thoughtful puffs, she rotated what the other had to say in her mind."Oh sure. Why do ye think I don't pick a permanent residence? I doesn't really see the advantage in that. Simply makes a convenient place for anybody who ye've killed or eaten or stolen from to come get ye... or worse yet the pigs. Nobody knoes me 'cause I make myself unknown except to customers. Makes life simpler that way, or at least it did when I was at yer level."
Now, the saving of humans because they supplied pleasure seemed a revolutionary concept, but a true one. After all, eating other demons was pretty lame except as an object lesson to his friends. Most demons didn't know that much about agriculture. Demons weren't fun to terrorize. Demons didn't start bars and strip clubs. Demons didn't make synthesizers. In a way, demons did a lot but a world without humans would be incredibly dull.
"Wow... I never thought to appreciate humans. I guess ye don't miss the water 'til the well runs dry, eh?" she said, still in thought as she took another drag and handed the joint back to see if he wanted more.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 10:51 pm

Again, she mentioned the dreaded pigs. How such an animal could pose a threat to them, he didn't know, but he supposed it was something he'd just have to take her word for. Shou supposed he had never met a pig demon.. and now he hoped he would never have to.
The woman seemed to have taken his words seriously, though he had expected something different of an answer from one such as herself. He hadn't really thought other demons would have seen the same things he did in the human race, the potentials that they held, the luxuries and activities that seemed exclusive to them alone. The joint that they passed between eachother was only another example of what they had to offer. The oni took the thing within his finger's pinch, bringing it to his lips once more as he puffed on the thing, the cherry on it having burned about mid-way through the paper now.
Breathing smoke as he spoke, he kept his gaze forward while they continued to walk. "I probably wouldn't have thought to either if you hadn't brought me into their world."

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:01 pm

"Awww... is that a thank you?" she cooed, light hearted jesting in her voice as she took the smoke back. "I thought ye was one of those demons that actually came from a dead human..." She didn't recall if that was an assumption that had been refuted some time in the past, but there were many more oni in the realms than kami, simply because kami were less likely to produce offspring through the Discovery Channel method and were largely restricted to simply incarnating directly out of the souls of the deceased. Then again, Oni had a much higher death rate. "I think these humans need to loosen up a little bit. If they did I'm sure they'd has a lot more fun, but they don't. They keep their... instincts, their real selves inside and instead hide behind this fake sort of mask that they drop as soon as they think nobody's lookin. It's gross," her nose wrinkled up as though she actually smelled something bad before she passed the remaining stub back to her partner. "For living people they needs to live a little more, eh?"

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:11 pm

The oni made as if to speak, though he kept silent as she made the assumption that he was a spirit bred from other means. In truth, his being was the result of his human self dying, though for some reason any thoughts pass his immediate death were hazy and unclear. He really wouldn't have been able to offer her a better explanation with his own limited knowledge, deciding as soon as he found out, she would.. if she decided to ask on it again.
As she spoke ill of the humans, the demon turned towards her rather curiously. He hadn't had as much experience as her dealing with humans, at least not known to him, but her harsh judgements didn't really seem to bother him. If they really did hide behind such masks, Shou supposed they should do as they like. After all, the notion of doing whatever it was that he wanted was the one that kept him lured to the human world.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:42 pm

The demoness looked the other straight in the eyes as they reached the limits of the commons and once again drew near the field marred by boxes. "I guess ye don't see it as much here in the lower commons where people don't give a fuck, but people in the main city are easily frightened... their worlds is easily turned upside down... it's pathetic really."
With a sigh, she trudged on. "I guess it's one of those things ye have to see to believe, eh?" came the almost mournful commentary on the current state of affairs. "I can't even visit City Metro 'cause of the damned barrier. Black Wings can go in City Metro, though, and anywhere else they want 'cause they got human bodies. I walk up there Ies Kay Oh Es."

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:53 pm

The buildings grew fewer and not as close together. Some of the more questionable shops and areas lurked about here, Shou had noticed, though they didn't stay there too long as the surface beneath his feet shifted from the pavement of the streets of the Lower Commons to the soft and short grass and boxes and tents lined up all around the field. As the woman spoke, he glanced her way and met her gaze with his own. While what she said might have been construed as being way too deep to be coming out of the thug oni's mouth, Shou was beginning to realize now just how insightful this woman could be.
Again, the Black Wings were mentioned once more, and he noted the advantage that they held over Grunty when it came to sales. If they couldn't even enter the main City Metro, it couldn't be expected that they would have much impact when it came to their society. "What else do you know about them?" Shou asked, "The Black Wings, I mean.."

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:04 am

Thinking for a moment, she attempted to call to mind all that she knew of the rival gang. "I knoes most of the smaller gangs in the area is under them. Pretty much anyone in a gang that you kill is part of them, they got about as many people as the pigs and a lot of resources. I know it's lead by two chicks who prefer each other's company over that of a dude. I think that's just a rumor, though. If ye got two chicks together, where's the penis? Seriously, how can you has sex without any fucking taking place? Bah... must be a rumor..." she concluded. "Either that or it's just lead by a chick with a best friend."

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:13 am

The other oni's comments of the organization being led by two women, with a possible love connection, only caused him to chuckle at Grunty's behavior towards it. It was something unheard of to him, though the idea didn't seem as ridiculous as it did to her. "Well, when you put it that way, the best friend idea has to be it, right?" Shou said, though the statement was more of a tease than anything, a smirk set on his expression.
She had mentioned the pigs again, though. It was enough reminder to sour his mood, the smirk fading once more. If it was true that they were devourers of weed, then their great numbers would prove to be formidable in their favor, indeed. "We really got to look out for those pigs, though, huh?"

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:38 am

"Yea... 'the' pigs rather. Especially Division 12. The other cops sometimes aren't spiritually aware..." Grunty announced with grimness, still unaware that the other oni didn't understand what she meant by "pigs". "Black Wings ain't gonna come all the way out here, or at least I've never seen their type leave the city, so everything's safe from them."
Then again, the Black Wings failed to provide any nice services at all. The Geisha House had "bland ass food" and no men to speak of, and any drugs they carried had to be removed by force. Humans with no redeeming value... those she wouldn't mind helping along the path to extinction. "I got a powerful hunger, though..." she mumbled, almost offhandedly.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:54 am

Had the demon misunderstood somewhere? Divison 12 was supposed to be the working anti-demon force that the human possessed.. could it be that the secret was within the swine? That the humans controlled and put them to their own uses, that these things were the secret weapons of the mortal race and..
Shou stopped himself there, narrowing his eyes lightly with a little bit of thought. Yes, now he realized that this 'pig' term was simply a nickname endowed to the police force. "Tch.." He glanced to the side, somewhat embarrassed of himself, though it seemed that the woman wasn't aware of his thoughts. That was a plus, at least, and now he could play it off as if he had known this whole time.
"We really have the entirety of the human race working against us, then, don't we? Both the good and the bad."

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 9:27 pm

The demoness took a moment of silence, trying to think of any human factions she could think of that might be on their side. There were none, at least not that she'd met. "No," she said slowly. "All of 'em hate us. They's easily scared when they don't get sumfin, but we represent death in the same way they're babies represent life, eh? Maybe that's why..."
With such a sad state of affairs, if he wanted to help humans he'd probably have to either pretend to be one or help from a distance, as some wildlife caretakers guarded wild animals that, though beautiful and rare, could lash out at them at any moment and this was considered healthy behavior.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 9:55 pm

The oni couldn't could back some laughter at that thought. They represented death? He had to grin at that, taking some measure of pride in being a demon, though death was something he was trying to prevent for the human race. "That's probably because we are dead. And most demon seem fine in just throwing their lives away for those little bits of chaos that they can manage before they get done in by the humans, hm?" Shou closed his eyes, sighing lightly, though his mood nor his smile faded. "I can relate, when I see them at it, it seems really fun.. my heart pounds and I wanna join in. And the funnest part is that the humans don't even see it coming! The lives that they fall so routine into ends adrubtly by mere ghosts." Again, he chuckled, before shaking his head and opening his eyes to look Grunty's way.
"I would, but they have some methods of defending themselves, and I'm hoping I can have my fun for years to come."
Shou glanced up ahead towards the trees of the forest that they approached. "I'll save them now to make the hunt more.. exclusive. This way they don't get wiped out before I've had my fill."

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 11:53 am

Humans were a bit too orderly for their own good at times... they had routines and, like ants they would scatter and thoroughly freak out at the slightest bit of forced variation. It seemed odd to find another youkai who valued his afterlife as she did, or otherwise seemed to have a purpose to stay on yochi other than to be a mere ghost or merely to escape the oppressive atmosphere of hell, with it's warlords and cannibals and rampant maliciousness that the very flaming brimstones seem to take part in and encourage in its citizens. For that reason, he, like her, would be hard to kill in any event, and such news comforted her about her selection in friends. "Preserving humans to hunt down later, eh?" Next to this individual, it was easier to recall her kamikonjou heritage, though anyone else she would as thoroughly as possible hide it. Idly, she wondered if perhaps the demons that ate her parents were wandering Earth now, immune from the effects of their actions, living it up as she was. As a result, she began to grow visibly saddened, even as her friend seemed excited about the possibilities of the future.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 9:19 pm

The woman beside him seemed considerably less talkative as they neared the forest, glancing her way sensing that something might have been wrong. Even in her expression, it was obvious that her mood had shifted, she actually seemed quite sad. Of course, this might have been due to the consistent drug abuse that the demoness engaged in and the nasty effects of not having something in one's system when being used to it. Such things were common knowledge among the drug world, though Shou couldn't be certain what they did to an oni, since they didn't actually possess a real human body and therefore they didn't possess many of their weaknesses. Perhaps Grunty was immune to such ideas as addiction.
Shou couldn't have known what part of their conversation had lowered her moods as they did, or if it had been something he had sayed at all. Now, though, he felt awkward and compelled to try and cheer her up. "It's okay.. I'd let you join me on those hunts." The oni offered.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:18 pm

"Ah... huntin humans, eh? Wif yer powers we could have a big ole barbecue..."
Her mood suddenly lifted as an idea seemed to dawn on her. "Ah! That's it! We should has a recruitment barbecue, eh? The types of spirits we're looking for'll come from miles around... like bait in a trap!"
The idea was silly enough, but she figured silliness would be the best thing to drown her memories of her parents in... well, that and booze. As she spoke, she began to search her pocket for a bottle or two, humming the melody from "There's a Tear in My Beer".
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:27 pm

Shou chuckled lightly, "A bonfire would definitely do the trick, hmm?" He couldn't help but smile at the thought, also glad to see that Grunty was making the effort to cheer up without too much work on his part. His gaze moved away from her and forward as the shadows of the trees fell over the pair now, their steps taking them into the forest by this point. He more or less remembered the way to the spot, though Grunty would probably hold a better recollection of it as she must have visited the Western Forest much more often than himself. Since having left the place, he had only returned on two occassions and those were training exercises, one of them accompanied by the spiritual artist, Yon.
As he weaved between the trees, eventually finding something of a pathway on the ground, he reached into his pocket. "Here. It's my last, but you could definitely use it, I think. Just be sure to return the favor sometime, heh." Producing his final joint, he figured he had made enough sales to even himself out for buying another pound or so of the substance while having a good supply of his own. One might have been a little disappointed at the lack of profit, but this way Shou was smoking practically free weed.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:29 pm

The demoness seemed touched by such a display of generosity. Rarely did she let anyone sample out of her own stock without some incentive. Humans, she often let sample her stuff because if they didn't buy any later they always had an alternate method of payment. Spirits, on the other hand, were harder to get addicted to such things.
"Yer too kind..." she purred affectionately, taking the joint gently and lighting it with a small current from her hand. After a deep drag, an almost sleepy expression would come over her visage. "The last is always the sweetest... well, at least mine are. I guess 'cause I always save the last of the inventory for myself."
The ground seemed different... odd that there'd be a natural path like this. Idly, she wondered at the possibility of them encountering an elephant spirit. The Sacred Hunters seemed more likely, but it was fun to entertain the prospect of coming across such a fun creature to take down. She'd never seen a truly big demon that wasn't composed of a bunch of smaller ones.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:47 pm

Shou kept his gaze on her for the moment, watching as she took the drag from the joint, pleased to see that he could have helped cheered her up. He didn't feel any real compulsion to have the woman happy, though her company was a far more depressing one when she didn't have the usual demeanor about her, the oni was simply paying her a favor. After all, they were about to come upon fields of the very thing that she was smoking. Shou had seen the buds of the plants before from where he had picked up his own supply, but those had been indoor plants and few in number.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:42 pm

For some reason, she seemed to be hitting the little joint harder than usual. Mostly because it seemed she'd gone a whole hour without chemical mood enhancement and she didn't want to get grouchy on her friend.
She turned and made eye contact, an odd thought occurring to her in that short instance, "'ey, Brother Shou, what do you think of me, eh? Is I intimidating or do I just seem like some dumb bitch? Trufully, now..."
To be honest, she'd been reading and trying to improve herself lately, but she kept her old persona despite her growth as it was the most comfortable way for her to behave. Ignorant people got away with more after all, and ignorant people were the most easily angered, but she trusted the opinion of the other oni to let her know how she really came off.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:23 am

The question took him aback a little, raising an eyebrow as he glanced her way, meeting her eyes. "Truthfully..?" The oni asked, pausing for a moment. A smirk couldn't help but cross his expression as the words came together, flowing out of his mouth as he looked away from her once more. "I would think that such a question doesn't really befit you, Grunty. You're not the type to really give a damn about what people think of you, right?" She sure hadn't shown any signs of caring of other's opinions this far, so he figured his answer would have been appropriate enough to snap her back into that same attitude and forget about his thoughts about her.
"That stuff's not making you soft, is it?" The oni further teased her, giving a nod to indicate the joint in the woman's hand.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:15 pm

The woman chuckled darkly. "Ah, cha, I certainly never cared much for what other people think, ya, yer right, but when ye plan to put people under yer boot it helps to know what's running through their skull, eh? To know what to expect. Fear's ver'y important. Better to be feared as a leader than anything else as a leader. More peace a mind that way." She paused for a minute, grinning until a sudden thought occured to her. "But ye know... as a chick, it would be cool to be something other than feared by someone. Ies sure there's a word for it... but... it ain't fear. Voluntary respect... to be treated nice... to be liked by a guy... a guy who's hung low and ain't tryin to tame ya. One to run wif ya. A partner is what I guess, but..." the growl returned to her voice with the passing of the brief sentimentality. "...for all these other assholes, I want them to be ska'ed. Plenty ska'ed. Heh..."
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:46 pm

Of course the other oni couldn't have understood just how sappy she was beginning to sound. Shou didn't suppose she had ever dealt with those kinds of feelings, at least not while she had been a spirit. Grunty was, of course, talking about a relationship, an intimate bonding between man and woman. He had to wonder if she could even be considered capable of that kind of thing, especially since it didn't prove much difficulty for one to get to take her to bed with them. Should she ever manage herself a relationship, Shou had to wonder if her loyalties would lie true.
The oni simply shrugged, as those kinds of things held no real interest to he, himself, but he figured he should at least offer her some reassurance to her thoughts. "That's the kind of thing that you won't be able to rush. It'll either come to you or leave you alone." He was a little surprised of himself that he was offering this woman advice, however valid it might be. "Why the sudden interest?"

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:06 pm

"The sudden interest in what?" she felt her memory had shortened, and it took her a minute to recall what they'd been discussing. After perhaps a thirty minute pause she'd suddenly remember. "Oh, right, the sudden interest in what ye think. Well, let me say that... I guesses it's like a random poll, eh? Information gatherin, but if yer scared to answer I guesses that's proof enough..." she grinned to herself again.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 pm

Shou noticed the pause and again it seemed he was witnessing the effects of the drugs on the woman. When she finally did manage to collect those thoughts, though, and provide an answer, Shou couldn't help but chuckle at the mentioning of him being scared. While he was never one to admit his own fear, always the type to overcome it, she had certainly provided an easy and sureproof way out of the question. "That's right, Grunty. You got me tremblin'." He stated, a smirk coming to his face. If he wanted to escape the inquiry all together, a hasty topic change was in order; "So how far away is that field of yours, anyways?"

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 12:42 pm

"Not far..." she grumbled, walking a few more steps into a sudden clearing and indicating a very big rock and several burned tree trunks that had fallen down over about three acres. A brook fed into the area, just skirting the spot she pointed to. "Those were the trees that I had to move 'cause someone was fighting and made the trees fall, so... we're looking at it being somewhere under all that where it's less likely to get stepped on. There should be another rock... let's see..." Casually, she hopped up on one of the larger rocks and crouched, looking between the stone and an adjacent tree trunk. "Ah... yea... nothin's happened since the last time I been here..."
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 1:21 am

Shou came to a stop once they came to the spot with the dead trees. Whatever damage that had been caused here seemed to spread out for quite a distance, the oni noticed, his eyes scanning the scenery before returning to look to Grunty as the woman hopped ontop of a large rock and crouched to get a better view. Shou joined her just afterwards, kneeling beside her to see what it was that she was talking about.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:23 am

A sudden smirk came over the face of the demoness when the other came to crouch by her, as she'd been seized by a sudden impulse that didn't make a lot of sense, but seemed like a good idea at the time. Rather, it was as though some internal timer had gone off and she made little resistance to its ringing.
Nonchalantly, she shoved him down into the hole and jumped down after him, attempting to pin him to the ground by the shoulders. The drop wasn't any farther than three feet.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:32 am

One Fine Day Immybox_01
The oni had his attention focused on seeing what it was that Grunty wanted to show him, so to suddenly have that taken advantage of was a cold move indeed. "Hey-!" Shou managed, falling through the hole and landing against the ground on his side, rolling onto his back to look up to the demoness with a disgruntled little expression. When he did manage to get his crimson eyes upwards though, the woman was on top of him and had him pinned down by the shoulder. She wasn't too strong, Shou felt as if he could break through the hold, but now he was curious as to what brought the female atop him. "..what are you doing?"
One Fine Day Immybox_03
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One Fine Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Fine Day   One Fine Day Empty

Back to top Go down

One Fine Day
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RP Boards :: Earth :: Lower Commons-
Jump to: