Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gangsta B..ch (Grunty's Training Thread)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Gangsta B..ch (Grunty's Training Thread) Empty
PostSubject: Gangsta B..ch (Grunty's Training Thread)   Gangsta B..ch (Grunty's Training Thread) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:15 pm

"This sucks."
The vixen sat on the edge of a trash can in the very late afternoon, and she'd been staring ponderously at the traffic passing the alleyway for some number of hours. This firm conclusion she'd uttered took a mere fifteen minutes of allowing images of the past days of brokeness mingling with the thought of dealing with her worn-out clientelle to float through her mind.
This plight wasn't new. Some time ago it had occured to her how dumb it was for her, a powerful spirit who had lycans at her beck and call and many of the lesser spirits that crawled the alleyways crouching in fear at her passing, to be negotiating prices with the refuse of human society. Refuse that could barely hold a job and had a negative net worth. Similarily, it was very stupid for her to follow humans around in the darkness of night and try to pick their pockets when she tended to take one a day to eat. Dumpsters weren't bad to sleep in, but a nice hotel couldn't hurt, and a meal that wasn't struggling when she bit it the first time... and a warm tub of soap and water.
She certainly wasn't dumb, though she would have others believe that, and she had faith in her ability to find some other way of attaining money. Humans were usually full of the stuff, it was just a matter of how much security they had. They'd gladly give it up if they thought they were getting something worthwhile out of the deal. In the past, she'd thought a good way to keep the income flowing was to actually give them something of worth, but now that she thought about it, she had something worthwhile to offer. Smaller spirits stayed out of the way of larger spirits when it came to hunting grounds. In a way, unless she got hungry the people in her area or territory or whatever it could be considered were safe. Even then, unlike the more chaotic oni she never bothered people who seemed to be doing something with their lives, as she'd let the lost high schooler from the east end of town go home unbothered and left her old customer who bought the baby succubus... incubus... thing live. Mostly only worn-out customers fitted that description anyways.
Business owners! Yes, they were the ones with the money, but the way of nature is for prey to begin running and building defenses when they're constantly antagonized. She would have to approach them in a way that left them in fear of her, but more in fear of what she was holding back.
Deciding in her mind her next course of action, she hopped out of the trash can and shifted up to her more human-like form. This thing... she would start it small. Two businesses tonight would see her sales pitch, and she would think of what she did right and what she did wrong before expanding her area.
Across from where she stood was an old-fashioned grocery with a little homegrown produce and a machine that cracked pecans. The heavy smell of nuts wafted out of the building, and she could hear the final crunches as the owner prepared to close down his small, wooden shop.
As the fox strode forward, her red tongue hanging out and her ears tilted mischevously forward, her form dissolved around her until she was shrouded in her own blackness. When the dust cleared, she was her normal self: a light skinned human with her long, dark, ragged hair hanging down. Perhaps her slitted, yellow eyes would betray her species, but for now they were very light brown and concealed by the fading light of day.
Ignoring the "closed" sign, she strode boldly into the business as though she owned it. "Heyo, mister!" she crowed cheerily.
The man, a gray headed farmer with his reading glasses on his nose, looked up from his assorted records, not bothering to lay his pen down as he politely replied, "Ma'am, we're closed."
Continuing into the shop, she picked up an apple and took a bite out of it, dropping her usual accent in favor of the light, friendly tone of voice she used back when she was an angel, a more proper way of speaking. She wanted to be sure he would understand every word; he would make her more money alive and working. "Oh, I'm not here to buy anything. On the contrary, I couldn't let you go home tonight without being aware of the very real problem in this area. Spirits, you see. People don't talk about them much."
The hoary headed storeowner frowned, seeing her somewhat disrespectful manner and the way that she failed to pay for the produce she was consuming. "I don't take too kindly to shoplifters, ma'am, but I'll let it go. I know I'm old, but I'm not easily tricked."
The apple was sweet and very juicy, Grunty thought. She could get used to such fare. "Oh no, I'm not here to convince you they're real, kind sir. I'm here to warn you that they'll probably start attacking in this area. You'll probably need to buy protection. I have it from very reliable sources..."
"I'm not interested," the man said in a raised voice, dismissing her with a wave of his hand. "Thank you."
Of course, this spirit wasn't going to argue with him, and she'd expected his refusal on some level. She simply bowed and walked backwards, fading into the shadows that had come over the area. She would have to work fast if she wanted to hit both locations.
The second spot on her list was a butcher shop... [953]
Back to top Go down

Gangsta B..ch (Grunty's Training Thread)
Page 1 of 1