Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Smoke on the Water

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male
Number of posts : 884
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:36 am

The night was preferable to him since it held very few interuptions. Especially as he tried out the powers of the ring on his right hand. His back was pressed against a wall of one of the lower common's buildings, his sights set on the brick version of another just across the street. Among that structure were several charred, darkened scorch marks, snickering as he added to it with a simple wave of his hand through the air before him. The fire blasted forth once more, coming from the red gemstone on the band as it shot across the street and impacted against the wall once more. Fortunately the material wasn't flammable, and it didn't seem there was enough force behind the attack to defeat the stability of it. "Heh. I love that woman." Shou stated aloud to himself, lowering his arm back down to his side.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:50 am

The fox known as Grunty trotted sedately along the street. She'd convinced the owner of the small pecan shelling grocery to pay his dues for his insurance, and she felt pretty pleased with herself. She'd taken a bath, cleaned herself up a little bit, and hadn't drank anything alcoholic for the past 24 hours. When she had money again, when she sold just one more insurance package, she told herself, she would redescend into decadence, but since she wasn't supplying her own stuff anymore, she'd have to conserve what she had left until this thing really started to pay off.
Sniffing, she found a warm wind carried a familiar smell to her nose, and she wasted no time in disappearing and phasing through the walls between her friend and herself, simply appearing out of nowhere by the oni's lower side in her fox form. "Nice ring," she commented airily, still employing her proper tone of voice she now used when negotiating her extortion.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 4:31 pm

His attention was turned down and to the side as a black fox spirit had seemed to appear from the thin air. It was easy enough identifying Grunty, though her tone of voice struck him as being a little odd and different. Of course, that was assessing much all ready, especially considering he hadn't seen this woman for quite some time. It was an internal debate whether he missed her or not. "Oh? Heh. Nicer than you might think." The oni stated, thinking he'd demonstrate this new power. The demon looked forward once more to the target as he swiped his hand through the air, igniting yet another blast of fire that shot out across the street and struck the wall once more, the flame exploding and wisping into nothingness once the contact established. In its place, the bricks had blackened to yet another area. He snickered, admiring the results for only a moment longer before he glanced back down Grunty's way. "It's been a while, hasn't it? How's business?"

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 6:21 pm

She raised a hind leg to scratch disinterestedly at her chin as the fireball shattered against the wall. She'd long known he could control fire, and she guessed he would've gotten stronger by now and could probably be of greater assistance, but she wasn't one to pester him about rejoining, even if she might pester him for his body if the mood so seized her. "Ah, pretty shitty actually. Ies... I'm rather tired of selling shit to hobos. Ye know what I saw? I saw some rich people on a TV in an electronics store. They had a shower with water that came from all directions, hot. They had internet and a music player in the bathroom and you could program clouds and fish and stuff to float around in the room... color changing jacuzzi on the other side... They had a huge bed, looked like you needed a map to get out of it in the marnin. The livingroom had a bigass TV, bigass couch... everything was shiny and clean and shit. The house was on the beach. I looked at that and I said to myselfs, 'Grunty, you didn't come down here to work, you came down here to have fun', and that looked damn fun. I bet they have really expensive booze... and parties."
Looking up at the fire oni, she tilted her head to the side. "I guess it's been longer than I thought, eh? When I found ye in the woods... ah, it's so strange, ye got money now to buy shiny stuff... unless ye stole that from someone..." she stopped to clear her throat. "I haven't killed anyone rich in awhile, but they seem pretty rare around here."
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 5:22 pm

"Heh, yeah. Thats because the rich don't bother living here. Who would want to live here? That city's pretty exciting in comparison." The oni grinned, thinking more of his own and latest experience with the city. Division 12 had done more than enough to make him turn his tail and flee in the rare occurence that he had witnessed an enemy, and a threat to his life, so large that he simply chose to live over fight. Of course it set his goals to become stronger in order to return to that fight. With Atilla at his side he seemed capable of unworldy strengths, but he would continue to train on his own accord in flames and sword. "And this?" Shou rose his hand slightly, indication enough to the ring for the fox. "Heh, I acquire useful tools here and there, it seems."

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 6:49 pm

"Ah..." she shifted up to her more human looking form in mere moments, her grin wide and sleazy as ever. "Acquired. Gotcha. Heh, I remember when Ies used to be able to get stuff..." She waved her arms, "Ah, I ain't one to bellyache, but this sucks, eh? People should pay me for not killin' em. Definitely. Ye seen me fight. The spirits around here ain't strong, I could kill all of 'em and the people in this block too, but you know what? I don't. Not more than one at a time anyway. Somebody around here got money... Ah!" She turned to the other as though realizing some great plan in her mind. "The Black Wings. Ies sure you heard of 'em, yea?"
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 6:55 pm

"The Black Wings? I think you might have mentioned that before." The oni replied, thinking on what he knew of the crime syndicate. It wasn't much, really, except that they were the active leaders of the city's drug sales. With a reputation like that, they must have had their share of strong humans to enforce their name. Perhaps even spirits were under the employ. "What about them?"

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 7:03 pm

The woman began to pace a bit, her sickly gaze focused on the dirty ground. "Yea... they respects money and power, right? I gots power, I can get moneys wif mai power, and then... yea, if they was scared of me Ies could get a lot done, and imagine the drugs I could get without hasing to pay for 'em? Ha ha! But..."
She turned her eyes to her friend, smirking a bit. "Ye've been training. I hasn't. I need to see if I has to work out some more, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 7:09 pm

He regarded the fox who had paced about with a tilt back of his head. A grin couldn't help but suddenly draw on the man's lips in regard to the words she spoke. "Is that a challenge I'm hearing?" Shou asked, suddenly thrilled by such a notion. Of course, the woman still possessed that ability for those damn chains, but whether they came upon him or not he would still gladly fight this woman to the best of his ability.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 7:23 pm

The woman turned, once again appearing as a fox, as though her human form hadn't been there at all. "Sounds good," she answered simply, sitting there and yawning widely. After a brief, catlike, stretch, she stood in a tense pose, gripping the ground as though preemptively preparing for a dodge. "I'll let ye attack first, eh? It's only fair."
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 7:32 pm

"Heh. Surely it's not a handicap I need. But if you insist." The oni stated, his grin only growing wider as he remained on his own spot and swiped his arm out into the air before him in a downward motion. It sent a blast of fire flaring down onto the area the fox stood upon. Within that same motion, his other hand gripped at the hilt of his blade, drawing it forth and thrusting it down and front swiftly. The tip of the metal would find its way piercing through the fire before it was able to fully dissipitate from the spot, hoping to find the target of the small fox's body with each attack.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 8:00 pm

The second he moved, the fox would disappear. Rather, without the need to chant she was enable to employ a very energy inefficient way of dodging by slipping into a parallel realm [pseudo-invisibility]. It was a rather unfortunate fact, and she only discovered it now after she reappeared, some thirty seconds after the attack she'd dodged was done. She didn't skip a beat, however, and upon noticing he had a sword, stamped the ground once, sending a brief flash of electricity in all directions from where she was standing, as harmless as static. [Lytscatters]
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 8:10 pm

Smoke on the Water Immybox_01
The blade struck against the pavement and Shou pulled his arm back quickly after the strike, taking a step back as he brought Mabushiiken out before him defensively. As the fire died away, though, he came to notice that the fox was no longer standing in the area he had seen her last. Some magical method of escape then, since he didn't spot any movements out of the fire or anywhere else around the street. "Heh.. where are ya?" His crimson orbs surveyed around the area for a moment, before around the twentieth second he'd started to think she ran away. "Pah.. that taunting bitch.." The demon grumbled to himself, his hand clenching around the blade as he turned and made a few paces off. The light sound of a fox's paw stamping against the pavement and the crackles of electricity drew his attention once more, glancing over his shoulder as the harmless sparks shot up into his sword though didn't seem to pay him any damage. "Hmph.. some dud?" The oni asked with a grin, half-turning towards the spirit and raising his sword into the air with an oustretched arm to point the tip to the fox's way. "I almost thought you went and ran away.. that wouldn't have been much of a fight."
Smoke on the Water Immybox_03
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 8:35 pm

"Bah..." she grumbled, mentally trying to tug the sword up and out of the swordsman's grip as she talked. "Ies still trying to get a hang of this whole disappearin' magix stuff, you'll have to forgive me, eh? That's a mighty pretty sword ya got there. Stole that offa someone too?"
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 8:42 pm

The oni's arm tugged upwards, blinking as his sword seemed to move with its own mindset. Fortunately for him though, his grip on the blade was still tight, only noticing now that he hadn't unclenched his fist down on it with the adrenaline of a battle having returned to him. Shou snickered. "This? This one was a gift, of course.. and thats some pretty weak magic! Infernal flames! Forth and destroy!" He shouted as he swiped his blade across and forcefully shoved it into his hilt now that the weapon had become useless to him, overpowering the magnetism that had been casted on it with raw physical strength. He secured the clasp to hold his katana steady while he slammed his shoe down onto the pavement as a line of molten fire shot from the spot he stood on and rushed to the small creature. When it came within distance it would suddenly span out and encircle around her, a large dome of flames coming to ignite into exist in a space far greater than the one she occupied, crashing down onto itself as it threatened to engulf her area in its fire.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 8:58 pm

"Eh?" At the statement that her magic was weak, specifically the more technical aspects of the lytning magix that she'd been working on versus the brute force ones of bind and blow everything the heck up, she began to growl. Her timing would be that she would begin manipulating the energy around the same time he would start chanting. He would likely be able to take at least one high-powered hit, right? He was a higher-order spirit after all, and they don't make those poor quality. As the fire surrounded her, the ground beneath her feet would suddenly spark and thousands of small, electric particles would swirl out around her, covering the area and sparking off one by one, many of them exploding when they contacted the fire and all of them going off at once as the dome closed in, covering a somewhat bigger area than his attack. Her intention with the destructive move was to overpower whatever thing this was he'd come up with, she hadn't seen it before but assumed it was pretty strong.
The street to her back wasn't populated at all, and it was even less populated now, the attacks would probably wipe out the few parked cars there were, but she was looking for something very specific...
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:22 pm

His flames would crash down to meet an intercepting lightning scatter and take over the place with its destructive presence. The fire was battled back to the top of its dome before it relinquished completely. Shou was able to get a proper guard up, drawing his arms over out in front of him and closing his eyes as he felt the sting of electricity upon him. "Nngh!" He likely grunted to himself from the pain of the attack, hardly believing that such a measure of power could have been coming from the small fox form that was Grunty. Shou always figured she was powerful, but this was much. A grin spread across his face even through the pain and once the electricity subsided he threw his arms back down to his sides. "Heheh.. so is that your strength, then? Outstanding.." The oni's body seemed to smoke from the lightning damage, or perhaps he was giving off fumes being the fiery being he was. There was a great deal of pain, but it wasn't something he would allow himself to relent with. Drawing his arm up and through the air once more, a blast shot from his ring to the fox. "Show me more!"

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:30 pm

The fox smirked before seeing the man raise his ring up to shoot another blast of fire at her. She'd seen the attack once, or rather, seen the start of it before she'd disappeared, but she wanted to remain on the offensive. With the nature of fire, she judged that if she allowed him to breathe much she wouldn't be able to push him back in her smaller form. She jumped back, and the heat from the blast managed to singe her legs.
Growling, she allowed the magnetic field about the sword to expand and strengthen, which would draw any metal objects nearby towards it. There were only two metal objects she could actually see nearby. One was a trashcan and the other was the ring that had hurt her so much.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:42 pm

He felt a tug of his arm once more, as his hand seemed to waver towards the sheath that contained Mabushiiken. Back with the magnetism tricks, then, was she? A trashcan seemed to shake on its spot, bringing about a ruckus as it gently made its way in his direction. It then uplifted off the ground and flew at him a little more swiftly. The oni growled outwardly before fire seemed to flare up around him and engulf his form, the metallic can having been blasted away from the force. The appearance of the flames would cease as quickly as they came, revealing a transformed Shou beneath. The oni's hair spiked out all around him in what imitated the lion's mane, while two giant sabre fangs had taken the place of his usual canines. His crimson orbs had lightened to a burnt orange, with a far more feral look now that the cat's eye was bestowed upon the new color. "This is how it's gotta be then, fighting you." The oni growled, lightly chuckling afterwards. His right hand was held at his side, steady save for a few quivers as he felt the magnetic pull. Still, in this form he had become strong, grinning widely in the fox's direction.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:54 pm

The fox frowned somewhat, seeing that the trashcan had been swatted away fairly easily and that the ring was a mere distraction. She could feel her influence over the metal weakening perceptibly, and she wasn't in a position to recast it. He had gone through another transformation, and the chaotic look about him unsettled her a bit. Normal demons didn't frighten her any, oni were just competition, but this fellow... he was different. "Pretty much," she grinned back in reply, hiding her fears for the moment. "I ain't a complicated person, but all that fire... bleh. No refi... refinement at all, eh?" She was walking backwards as she talked, very awkwardly; she moved into the center of the unbusy street and looked to her left, then to her right, then up in the air.
The second she looked up, a bolt of lightning would descend from the sky, aiming to both catch him off guard and stun him with its power.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 6:07 pm

He noted her taking a glance upwards, though there was little he could do to respond to the lightning that suddenly bolted down onto him. It struck his neck, and sizzled against the flesh as it touched, though the oni stood his ground as a fiery aura came to burn around him at his feet and lifting into the space he occupied. Shou snarled after the assault with his fists clenched at his sides, and began to grumble, "Infernal flames.." A confused look came about his expression then, his thoughts unfocused and seemingly scrambled, unable to call to his fiery magic. He simply scoffed before he kicked into a leap, a disc of flame igniting into being beneath him. As the oni whirled around the other spirit's still present spot, he again swiped his arm forward, entrusting in the ring to make up for his current state. A blast of flame shot out to the fox once more, while he kept himself in motion through the air, wary of blasts from the sky.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 8:01 pm

The little vixen knew the effects of the lightning that had just hit the man. He would be unable to use that annoying fire; at the same time he chose to retreat to the skies. She could either choose to try to drag him down, a perfectly viable strategy, but one that would leave her open to attack, or she could just try to blast him. Blasting seemed the better option, but he was already moving around in a troublesome manner and trying to use that ring. Bah, no need to blast him to hell now, she thought. She could blast him to hell any time she liked, and he probably knew it. In an instant, the fox had disappeared again, this time not coming out of it until perhaps 20 seconds after the fire ring had finished charring the ground beneath her feet. What a troublesome ability... it seemed she had trouble telling when the attack was actually done. That and being stuck in nothingness for a minute distorted her sense of time, she would have to work on that.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 8:38 pm

Again, she seemed to disappear from the area all together as the blast of fire did when it struck against the pavement. The oni frowned lightly, again disturbed by that, though he had no doubt she would reappear once more. Before, she had been found on the same spot of vanishing. He wondered if the case would remain the same. How long had he waited before? Well, it was impossible to tell whether or not she could control how long she was away.. he had no way to set up any sorts of trap, so he'd simply have to wait until she emerged back into the realm. The disc of flame floated upward a little more, his burnt-orange eyes focused where she had been. He grinned when his suspiscions had held true, knowing now she was simply popping away for a short amount of time and popping back. It was an unusual ability, one that he would never have thought existed, yet Grunty seemed able of that sort of magic. What a high level of a spirit.. The demon thought to himself, never ashamed to admire the woman who had ultimately been his mentor.
"Neat trick. You hide a lot of that stuff from me when we worked together?" The oni asked, though he wasn't particularly hurt.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 8:43 pm

Grunty laughed for a moment, her mouth wide in a doggish approximation of a grin. "Ah, yer much stronger yerself. Ye think ye're the only one who's been learning some new tricks? Ah, naw, but I was using something like it for my coat. I just disappear where I keep all mai booze. Very handy."
She took the moment to rest, however, as she'd spent a lot of energy in the past few moments. She held confidence in her own ability to counter anything he might throw at her, so she wasn't particularly worried as she raised a hind leg to scratch at her chin. "I don't hide much from ye, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 8:50 pm

To where she kept her booze? The oni couldn't help but laugh lightly, despite the tension of his muscles and the way his adrenaline pumped to the battle. The way she didn't seem to have to chant for any of her magic bothered him though. Was she unique in this case? And what trait was it that defined this lack of needing a chant? The grin on his lips faded as his brow furrowed, wondering then why he, the self-proclaimed master of the flames, couldn't summon his fiery magic to his aid on a simple whim. It should have been a piece of cake for someone like him..
That was his reasoning, anyway. From atop his platform, the oni slowly raised his hand out in front of him, directing it towards the ground and where Grunty was. His eyes focused on the area, keeping his mouth closed and not issuing a single word as he began to try and conjure those flames. Nothing seemed to happen, though, and the oni remained in the air with his open hand in the other spirit's direction, unmoving and unacting. While his attempt was using a great deal of concentration, he made sure to keep sight of her and any movements she made. This was a fight after all, and he kept his guard and wits about him. "Hmm.. not that strong apparently." He mumbled to himself, though refused to give up on his fire.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 9:02 pm

The fox seemed confused by his sudden stillness, walking a little closer to him and sitting. "Ies horny," she announced as casually as if she were discussing the weather. "We gonna continue this, or ye want to practice some more, eh? I hasn't fought anyone I wasn't planning to blow to hell in awhile. I guesses this is sorta fun. Most of 'em don't expect me to attack for some reason, eh? Ye higher order bastards are always callin yer attacks..."
As she spoke, she cast the magnetic field about her once more, concentrating on the ring. She wanted to inspect it a little closer, and it would be a little easier to snatch the ring from him than it would be to take his sword.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 9:09 pm

"Is that so..?" The oni asked, though by his tone he was obviously focusing on other things. His brow furrowed all the more tightly then as he felt his flames beginning to slip forth, much in a similar way of casting his magic and bringing it forth from him. It took a lot more pushing, he noticed, a bead of sweat trickling down from his forehead and the side of a cheek, but the result would eventually come. The flames rushed forward from his spirit, coming to the point where he could conjure them out in physical space, and red rings began to oscillate around his form. The oni's lips curved upward into a smirk, as he would come to prove her recent statement wrong. Perhaps I am that strong, then. The oni mused to himself, as dark hellfire suddenly roared and exploded outward from the rings that had spanned out into the open air down the entirety of the block. The dark crimson flames lashed out to the street, to the pavement, and up into the sky, consuming all that came in its paths with its fiery presence.

New package: Casting - Learned Antichant.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 9:47 pm

"Eh?" the fox said, confused, noticing two things... one that the oni was distracted, and two that a red, circular pattern seemed to be working its way across the ground. Very strange, he hadn't chanted for anything, unless his previous five syllables were some sort of a chant, which didn't seem likely if he was using anything that could be taken seriously.
Suddenly everything seemed to flash and she was enduring the pain and surprise of heat from all directions as the flames bathed her. This served to make her grouchy beyond description, and an unearthly shriek, something like a car swerving off of the road, ripped rawly out of her throat.
She'd always been one to rely on instinct to deal with negative emotions, and now she was very, very pissed.
Little dots of electricity began to form in the flames, rising up like the very sparks, dancing insanely with each other until suddenly they all went off, coating the entire area in electricity and light.
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:20 pm

From within the darkness and chaos of the flames, light began to shine and eat through the fire, sparking and exploding out among the flares of destruction. The oni cursed inwardly, drawing his arms out in front of him as the explosions would come to the source of the flames, himself. He felt the blast impact only an instant later, forcing him back through the sky before his back smashed against the upper portion of a low-story building. As the scenery cleared out of both flames and electricity, the oni seemed to sigh lightly as his eyes closed, his transformation suddenly ceasing as the spiked mane came to fall down around his shoulders, long and flowing. He dropped forward through the air, landing roughly onto the pavement of the sidewalk that bordered the street, breathing lightly. His body had surely come to take too much damage from the fox's electricity, yet again impressed by his mentor's powers. But then, he couldn't see this battle as anything of a defeat, learning something himself.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:50 pm

It was all the little vixen could do to resist sending another burst of lytflies into the smoking atmosphere, and the effort of her internal struggle against her own rage and desire not to kill her friend manifest in the air, an almost visible crackling of electricity surrounding her body.
Nonetheless, with an undignified, black cough she released her anger and looked for the other oni, who she found laying on the sidewalk. The vestiges of her heart went out to him, laying there after giving her such a tough time. With a light purr, she took the back of the collar of his shirt in her mouth and drug him a little further out of the street into an adjacent alleyway, though her feet and legs hurt very much.
Looking down on him again, she felt a little protective of this one whom she'd help get so strong. If she just left him lying there any bad thing could happen, but also she didn't really have anywhere to go. Besides, he was very attractive for an oni.
Thus, she climbed up onto his belly and walked in a circle, eventually curling up on his chest and settling for a nice, long nap.
That was a nice ring he had.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 8:04 pm

The fact that his jaw had smacked against the ground when he crashed against it hadn't set well with a brief shred of consciousness that came back to him, around the time that he felt his body being dragged away into an alley. His crimson orbs glanced down to the fox that curled up onto his chest, groaning a little at the fact that Grunty was using him as a pillow. He allowed his head to rest back once more, his breaths heavy while his gaze went out into the sky. This woman's damn electricity should could pack a punch, he realized, having growed a steady hatred for all things lightning. Her powers were very similar to Sanzo's, but hers hurt worse by far. "Oi.. Grunty." Shou mumbled between his breaths, trying to rouse the oni from her plans on taking a nap upon him. "What the hell do I look like to you?" The oni weakly grunted in his light chuckle.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 8:45 pm

The fox blinked, noticing that her friend hadn't been completely knocked out. "You're awake," she said bluntly, licking his jaw without a second thought. "I guess I shoulda expected, yer pretty damn tough after all, but I don't think ye want to know what you look like to me..." she licked her lips and gave him a sort of predatory look that would reveal her seductive mood. She liked the heaviness of his breathing and the relative helplessness of his position, but she would pursue such thoughts no further. She simply remained laying on her spot. "I guess ye been killin people, eh? I guess Ies gettin old, ye new people are passing me up..."
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 8:53 pm

The oni nodded, glancing off to the side. Coming from a fox, the seductive gestures on her part were a little off-putting, though he did briefly consider that tango with Grunty's human form. Thinking of Atilla, he decided to actually remain true to the mouse.. how hurt she would have been if she came to find out of such an act. "I'm not strong enough." Shou would simply say, putting down his own level of ability since it still had a ways to compare to his mentor's own. For her to even consider he was passing her up seemed ridiculous.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 10:10 pm

"Ah, right..." she said, yawning so wide it seemed her entire head had temporarily transformed into an open mouth. "If ye want to do all that city burning shit, ye'll have to surpass my level. I saw ye tryin to take on the pigs with just you and that weak guy. What got in yer head, eh? Ies know there's several of 'em that use lytning like me, fly like me, sit, cheat, steal and lie like me, booze up like me, and a former kami like me, and might just be a junkie, but not quite me..."
The latter statements were accompanied by the fox sitting up on the oni's chest, the well-timed wind blowing her dark fur about her as her slitted eyes glowed and some lytflies floated up like colored particles in the form of small musical symbols. After that brief exertion, she settled back down. "I guess ye has the motivation to kill off those bastards, though. Ye ain't ever gonna get anythin burnt around here with them shooting ye, I guess ye got a taste of that, heh."
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 11:51 pm

Sit? When did one take notice of the details of one sitting? The oni couldn't help but snicker lightly as he brought himself up, propped up on his elbows as he began to feel more refreshed as he came more and more into his consciousness. "You saw that, did you? Heheh.. that was a fun day." The oni grinned, turning his head to the side before a light crack greeted his ears and he was content in the motion. "Their bullets aren't gonna be enough to stop me, anyways. And as I grow stronger.." Shou chuckled lightly to himself, simply shaking his head as if the doom to the humans was so clearly spelled out. The burning image of the city still held true to his mind, but he saw it now as a distant future. Being a spirit, he felt no rush.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:25 am

What a bummer. Her bed was awake and seemed to be getting ready to move. "Eh, well, don't you have too much fun..." she said, settling back down on his chest and wondering if maybe she should tie him up... well, tying him up and raping him might be fun, but she hadn't seen him for some time and didn't want to go scaring him off again so soon. "Ies glad you decided to take it slow, though. Ies never got shot by any of those bastards, I plan to keep it that way." A wide grin split her face. "But ye have to answer me one question, and I thinks it's pretty important, eh? Is that fire stuff and that sword all ye got? Mighty predictable if ye ask me."
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:33 am

And there she had plainly and bluntly insulted him. The oni didn't possess any other abilities, offensive wise, beyond the flame and the sword. It didn't seem neccessary, honestly, especially having come to train and focus on his body. He scoffed in response rather than answering with words straight away, averting his gaze to the side as he did so. "You really believe that, do you?" The oni questioned, his tone bitter before he forced the outward expression away. Shou didn't so much desire to show that she had struck a chord within his pride there. A confident smirk came to greet the corner of the man's lips as he would reply, "Then you'll be the first to see just what these flames can do.."

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:16 am

"Eh? That wasn't the whole show?" she continued on, unapologetic and intentionally oblivious to his feelings. "Bah, I guess it's good to specialize, eh? Ies sort of a one-trick pony maiself, I just didn't focus so much on offense like ye. I had to get some defensive techniquest too, but... I unno, Ies starting to think I need something more..."
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:23 am

He tilted his head after the woman admitted her own short-comings. It was a little odd to hear such a thing from Grunty. The oni snickered, as one of his warm hands moved from behind him and up to gently stroke the fox's fur. "You're joking, right? You might be the strongest demon that I've ever met.. and trust me, that's saying a lot." He rested his palm atop the woman's head, studying her for a moment with his crimson eyes. Despite his lust of chaos, the hunt he often engaged in for other demons of the area, Shou decided he could never include Grunty as prey. Not even if there were a time when his strengths came to surpass hers. The thought almost surprised him, though, figuring Atilla must have been making him soft. And of course it had come to that! Shou hardly lifted a finger against a human anymore, instead doing the mortal race some good by ridding the hanging threat of the oni in the city. "I hope you and me can stay to be good friends."
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:43 am

The fox closed her eyes, enjoying the warmth of the humanoid oni's hand against her back, arching herself into it before he moved on to her head. Despite her status as a canine, she purred and continued to purr as she spoke. "Yer sweet, ye know that?"
Lately, she'd been feeling inadequate, though. It was a feeling that was negative, and she was ordinarily very fast to purge all negative emotions from her thoughts, but this emotion of being little kept coming back and coming back, like a cancer she had to keep removing and it bugged her.
Nonetheless, she wouldn't dwell on such things. Her arms were still a little sore from the heat and she licked her forearm briefly, settling back down on the oni. "Ies hope we can too, yer plenty warm, eh? Plenty nice for... stuff..."
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:07 am

The oni was sweet? He chuckled at the notion, that and the sexual intentions which never eluded him. Those he chose to ignore, as he would time and time again, since that interest had long left him as fleeting as it had come. He would use his hand to gently lift her off his chest as he sighed and came to sit up, instead allowing the woman to rest on his lap. Shou's eyes came to glance around the alleyway that he had been dragged into, new surroundings from the ones of the street where they had their short exchange. "Ugh.." One hand ran through his hair to hold at his head, rocked still from the lightning and electricity that he had been exposed to. That was without mention to the sore of his jaw where pavement had come and rushed to smack against it.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:53 am

The demoness, once moved off of the other's chest, shifted back to her more human looking form and sat up, thinking now if no other time would be appropriate for drugging. "Aww, did I hurt ye bad?" she questioned briefly, her voice holding a sort of nonchalance that one might havev when observing a small scratch on a friend. Digging in her coat, she searched for a packet, mischievously shifting the contents of her bottomless pockets around.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:16 am

The oni winced lightly at the woman's voice, not forgetting that she had been the source of the current pain. "Pah.. it ain't too bad." Shou would grumble, unwilling to give in to what had sounded like a taunt to him. He blinked, noting that the human form of Grunty sat upon his lap there now, and he glanced off to the side hoping she didn't think he'd still participate in those activities with her. "Maybe its time I headed out for some rest." He suggested, murmurring it more to himself though ensuring she heard so that she could pick up on the clue. Besides, still feeling worn from the battle, he could actually go for some sleep.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:55 am

A mischievous expression came over the female's face as she seemed to find what she'd been searching in her pocket for. She had something very particular in mind. "Rest sounds good, eh?"
She opened the package while it was still in her pocket, and with one smooth motion, she would draw it out, holding her breath as the white powder would permeate the air. It was lovemusk, fairly low strength, but it would be enough for her purposes if he managed to breathe it in.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 4:12 am

She seemed to agree with his reasoning, yet made no effort to move off of his lap. And judging by the expression that came over her face, the oni had to question just what it was Grunty was up to. When she pulled a bag out of her pocket, he looked to the contents that filled the air with a raised brow. "Eh..?" She would bring forth drugs out at this time? He'd been relatively clean, but beside that he hadn't even ever engaged in some of the harder stuff of the slums. The oni simply shook his head, refusing as if it had been an offer, before forcing himself up to his feet whether the woman would willingly move or not. It would be her rear against the pavement, not his. Shou sighed lightly, dusting away some of the powder that had rested atop the bridge of his nose. "Did you just.. try to dose me?" He asked, confused before his entire form suddenly blasted with fire around his form, ridding the rest of the powders on his face. It died away quickly after. The oni then slumped back against the wall of the alley, his hand going to his head once more. "Damnit.." He was certainly in no condition to continue with his techniques.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:52 pm

"Eh?" she said plainly in the oni's face, seeming confused before looking back at the packet. Curious, she dumped some out into her hand and licked it.
"Mostly... flour," she judged sourly. This particular packet she'd forcibly lifted off of someone else, it's not inconceivable that the man might've tricked her. "That bitch gave me flour... ugh..."
She looked up in time to notice the other slumping against the wall as though he had a headache. "Hey, you alright, man?"
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:58 pm

"Heh.. I'm really worn out.." The oni mumbled, his vision seeming to blur and tunnel for a moment as he hung onto his consciousness with all his will. "I just need to lie down." Shou stated, before he slumped even further down the wall into a seated position once more on the alley floor, his head tilted back as he closed his eyes and tried to breathe in more deeply. With his eyes closed then, his head seemed to whirl, bringing them back open before he could fall into that darkness. "It's gonna be awhile before I want to fight you again.." The oni admitted with a chuckle.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:12 pm

The woman blinked, seeing the man lose his strength so suddenly after pushing her off. Her wicked grin resumed, "Nobody wants to fight me, eh? It's a bad idea..." she purred, sitting next to him slinkily and leaning over on him, seeming to try to lay atop him and push him gently to the ground. "Ye really should relax, huh? Ye do look a bit worn out..."
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:18 pm

She was met with little resistance, though her intentions were still clear to him. The oni sighed as he relaxed back onto the alley floor, for the first time in a while he felt the cold of the pavement. Even his fiery and warm presence seemed to falter here, it seemed, but Shou's tired eyes were on the demon atop him. "Yeah.. you're right." He mumbled lightly, knowing full well that he didn't have the energy to move to a different position of rest. This alleyway would have to do.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:32 pm

The woman noticed how easily he went down, despite the fact that she'd weakened in physical strength lately. The fact that this other's everpresent warmth wasn't as strong as it usually was would ordinarily be cause for concern, but she thought it must be natural. After all, staying warm all of the time must burn a lot of energy, though she noticed he stayed warm even as he slept. She kissed his neck gently, thinking to perhaps to perverted things to him while he slept, but the tiny, flickering bit of good in her still wanted to know if he was okay. "Hey man, you alright?" she asked, gently shifting off of him and moving down a bit..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Smoke on the Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke on the Water   Smoke on the Water Empty

Back to top Go down

Smoke on the Water
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next