Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Marrow of a Bone

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male
Number of posts : 884
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-06

The Marrow of a Bone Empty
PostSubject: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 1:45 am

With his hands in each pocket, the oni stood for a moment just before the trailer of Atilla's. It sure was convenient of her to own a place, whereas he mostly traveled throughout the days and night. He stepped up towards the door, considering to knock before he snickered. Was he not her husband? It wouldn't have been so bad to simply walk in, though he might have entered upon the woman changing through her garments. A grin spread as that had become reason enough to open the door and step inside of the place, his crimson orbs coming to scan the area.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 1:58 am

It was church day, otherwise known as show time. The woman stood in her trailer, thoughtfully comparing robes. Usually, she wore a baggy shirt and baggy pants beneath a very much baggy robe, but when it came time to preach, her baggy robe had to be a bit more ceremonial, and above all other things, clean. Usually, if she materialized her clothes they tended to be at the same level of dirtiness that they were before, an unfortunate fact considering that she had to go halfway across town for access to a washer machine.
Other than that, she wore only her undergarments, which held some semblance to something you might see on a very elderly, old fashioned lady, and in one hand she held an apple with several bite marks in it. She was chewing a mouthful when Shou burst in and gave her a start. "Oh, hello," she said quickly, glad to see him and not seeming to notice his lack of knocking or her own lack of clothing as she moved to quickly embrace him and close the door. "It's a pleasure to see you here, but... umm... I meant to ask you something..." She paused for a minute, looking towards a book on her newly refurbished cabinet. "Do you like lollipops?"

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 2:16 am

His timing had seemed to be rather convenient, as his suspiscions had come true. Though she was in the middle of changing, she still embraced him. There was some disappointment at the site, though, but it could have been expected of the goodly kami. The oni chuckled to himself for having envisioned a different thought, before he returned the woman's hug and drew her in for a kiss before he'd allow her to release him and close the trailer's door. "Hey.. and eh? Lollipops?" Shou repeated, confused by the question that was proposed to him from seemingly nothingness. "Heh, you're the one with the taste for sweets, Atilla." The oni would slyly reply without outright voicing his dislike of it himself.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 2:26 am

Atilla thought for a minute, standing on the tips of her toes to plant a kiss on the man's cheek. "So you do not like sweets as I do," she said slowly discerning his avoidance of a direct answer, her eyes furrowed. Last time she'd had her clothes washed, she said she would come back and make use of the oven, but the easiest things to make were sweets, especially the ones to be baked. From what she learned of onikonjou in heaven, they ate humans and other spirits, but she'd never seen Shou do such a thing and it would probably be a little racially insensitive for her to ask him if he did. Nonetheless, his statement of not liking sweets did bother her in that regard. A child placed a smaller lollipop in the offering tray last week, and this lollipop came to her mind as she turned and began digging through the shelves under her cabinet. "What do you like?" she asked simply to avoid feeding the shadow of doubt that came up.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 2:31 am

He rose a brow as the woman turned and began to rummage through her shelf, apparently having picked up on some books. What they were about, he couldn't know, though he figured they might have had something to do with lollipops. She presented the question then and it took him aback, blinking as his eyes lifted to the ceiling of the trailer. His pause was only a moment of thought, though, before his answer came low in tone. "Meat.." There was no finer thing than sinking his canines into the tender muscle of some animal, whether it was cooked, dead, or still living. The oni snickered, looking back down to the woman. "Why? You learning to cook or something?"

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 2:40 am

The woman finally found her lollipop: one of the small kinds the bank gives out for free. Ripping the plastic off and discarding it like a cast-off skin, she put the sugary treat in her mouth and closed her eyes, enthusiastically enjoying the false orange taste across her tongue.
The low, masculine way he said "meat", however, froze her cold. The part of the trailer she stood in suddenly darkened, and stylized gloom marks etched themselves on the walls before she turned slowly, all of the effects clearing up. Meat was such a disturbingly vague word and brought all manner of amplifications to her initial worries. "Umm! You could say that I am trying to learn to cook..." she continued conversationally, though she felt she might faint. "...and I may be getting a bigger place to reside in... a place with what they call a refrigerator and a warm shower. I will be putting many things in this refrigerator..."
An image entered her head of a woman stuffed in a refrigerator. She shook her head, trying to dismiss such thoughts despite how strange it might look for her to do so, and busily tried to pick out her robe. Deciding on a blue one, she plucked it off of the rack and slipped it over her head.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:17 pm

The Marrow of a Bone Shoubox_01
It was interesting news to hear that the kami would be pursuing some skills in cooking, though it wasn't an unpleasant surprise at all. The oni snickered, "Make sure to make something tasty for me sometime then, yeah?" What had even interested him further, though, was the woman's hope of moving to a bigger residence. He took a glance around the trailer, not thinking her current home bad at all, but his standards would have been low from the start. From the way she spoke of it though, it seemed like a fond luxury to have. Of course, those very human-like desires were lost to him, finding his contentment in much simpler actions. Ones that didn't require a single penny from his pocket.
Shou watched as the woman dressed, crossing his arms over his chest as the woman pulled a blue robe over her head. "So, did you feel like doing something today? Maybe we could hunt some demons." He would suggest with a grin.
The Marrow of a Bone Shoubox_03

Last edited by Themeless on Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:25 pm

She pulled her arms through her wide sleeves and seemed to be in a big hurry. "Oh yes, I will probably be going to Sister Susanna's house to cook... something. I must still buy it to cook." She put the book from the cabinet in her satchel and turned the knob to the door, stepping out into the sunny day. "Any other time of the week I would be happy to slay demons with you, but I must earn money today. There was something I wanted to buy. I was thinking of perhaps a fundraiser. How are your plant sales coming by the way?" The urgency of today's sermon and how she hadn't had time to study or taken any notes drowned out her worries about his diet. He was well enough behaved. The sermon would come off the top of her head, she wasn't sure how many people believed her about the existence of demons... even then, the ones who were spiritually aware in the crowd would perhaps discern the species of her husband. That was a bridge she would cross when she got to it and only if he chose to follow her there.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:31 pm

"Money?" He questioned, recalling this woman's profession. She would preach to humans then today. It had once been something he might have teased the kami about, thinking her acts overall foolish and futile in the end of things. It had seemed though that a great change had come over him as he began to view that light from a different prespective. Besides that, if she didn't have the power to save the humans by bringing them awareness, then he would with his blade, slaying as many oni as his existance would allow him.
Yet, still, her sermons interested his natural curiousity. The fyre demon had followed the woman out of the trailer and back outside into the daylight, slipping his hands back into his pockets as he thought on it. "Your job there.. it wouldn't be messed up if I came along would it? I think I'd like to see you do some of that preaching, anyways."
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:45 pm

Atilla's brow furrowed as she stared at the ground she walked on, and she waited a moment to think before she answered. "I... am not sure if it would or not. Some of the people there have had their lives adversely affected by onikonjou. A certain percentage of these have the ability to see the nature of spirits. However, I do not lie to my congregation, nor do I deceive them. I want everyone there to know that I am not ashamed of my husband and that the past does not matter. Such a thing is consistent with my message." She nodded to herself before smiling and looking towards the other, her voice full of excitement. "I am very pleased that you've decided to accompany me. I haven't taken any notes today, so it might be just a little bit... disorganized, kekeke." She looked at him sideways, her sleeve partially covering wide smile on her face. "But the Sisters will be jealous..."

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:22 pm

He was relieved to hear that he wouldn't be so much a problem, at least by Atilla's view of things. Shou wasn't particularly scared of those attendants that would have seen him for what he was, though he had to wonder if he might lose his cool and attack at some of the humans. He decided he'd try to refrain as best as he could, as those actions would have certainly tainted Atilla's name and only support the judgements bestowed upon his kind. Of course, those weren't ill-placed judgements, for Shou knew that even if he had changed, that Chaotic nature still lingered within him.
"That's good. And jealous, huh?" The oni asked, snickering. He only assumed that these other sisters were old hags, beyond any hope for a male's touch, and hardened into stick-up-the-ass bitches after their years of disciplines and principles.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 4:23 pm

The kami nodded slowly. "Yes, many of them have come from abusive domestic situations... some worse than others. We have a couple former what they call 'Ladies of the Evening' and some others who simply have low self esteem or have given up on anybody ever liking them for more than their flesh. They have what they call 'emotional baggage', you see. Most human men do not like to stay around that, or if they do they have the baggage themselves or are unattractive. For some reason -I think it may be my location- my preaching seems to attract the people who have the baggage and the 'issues' and the problems, but I am happy for this. The people with the baggage and the issues and the problems are the ones most in need of my help. As it is written: non necesse habent sani medicum sed qui male habent non enim veni vocare iustos sed peccatores..."*
She looked up, forgetting that Shou probably didn't know what her latter sentence meant and noticing that they were very close now and that she could see the expectant couple dozen people who were the more loyal attendees gathered a short distance off on the street corner. "I am sorry, I was rambling. Maybe I should talk about that today... about how it is okay to be flawed and that the past can be repented of. That has been a theme in my lives, I was worse than any of these gathered here ever were."

*It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 4:52 pm

"Is that right?" Well, the people she described sure seemed miserable, bringing about a frown of his own face. Did he even want to attend to this meeting then? Much more relieving and free would have been coursing through the woods of the Western Forest, Mabushiiken in one hand with his fire magic on the ready, slaying any and all oni that he would come across in his hunt. Although he didn't understand what it was that she had stated when she switched to that foreign language, he understood at least a part of what she was doing here for them. Perhaps he could take her words of advice, himself, bearing something of a dark past with a future that seemed to shine a little more brightly with each step that he took towards it.
"Well, I'm looking forward to seeing this, eh? See what the holy word of Bleaus is all about." The oni stated, his frown broken by a smirk.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:03 pm

She looked over in time to only see the smirk, and the expression brought reassurance to her own countenance as she strode boldly up to her old soapbox pulpit and stood atop it. Taking a pocket scripture from her robes, she opened it. "Good afternoon church."
"Good afternoon," they murmured back in unison.
"Today our reading will be taken from..." She repeated the scripture she'd read to her husband earlier, but in the standard language the congregation would understand. As the scripture was read, about five members weren't looking at Atilla at all, but at the oni, their faces expressing a range of feelings from curiosity, confusion, to disgust. A few of them began whispering to their neighbors until half of the group was openly staring at the newcomer. The kami looked up in time to notice the dozen's looks and quickly adjusted her message. "Our second reading will come from an earlier sermon. You might recall that in a more primitive time, in your human history lessons even, justice was an unkind woman. People, villagers would punish offenses such as adultery and theft with barbaric deaths and maimings. You'll recall my story on how a great sage intervened when the people were prepared to kill a woman with stones for the very sin of adultery. They called him subversive for helping her; they accused him of being evil, but do you remember what he said? 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone'." As she preached, she moved back towards the oni and would offer him a hug. "I know some of you may have had hurt in your life from the onikonjou, but humans hurt people in their lives too. As you are forgiven for your transgressions against your fellow man, you should also forgive others who also come to repentance."
Only about two out of the crowd walked away, still in disgust. The others were more loyal, since Atilla had healed quite a few of them from incurable maladies and injuries.
As the kami went to walk back to her soapbox, however, she happened to look up and see some large, flying object in the zenith of the sky, flapping its massive wings. As it got closer and closer, the color drained from her face. "Umm... I think... service... will be a little short... this time..." The next words came out at chipmunk speed. "Receive now the benediction. May the love of God, may the joy of God, may the peace of God rest, rule, and abide with each of you. May Bleaus guard your footsteps on your way home and bring each of you back safely. Go now... and RUN!"
The crowd began to dissolve in all directions as the massive creature finally landed. It was a red onikonjou ampithere with mantis-like claws where hands and arms were supposed to go. Instead of attacking immediately, it hissed bitterly, shaking it's head as though trying to rid itself of some scalp-borne parasite. A few bystanders in nearby buildings dialed on their cell phones.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:13 pm

The stares weren't too uncomfortable from where he stood, his arms crossed and a smirk on his face as the crimson orbs scanned the group. It was kind of Atilla to speak her words, lifting an arm to return the hug, though he couldn't help but note a couple from the group walking off. "Heh. They would judge me that readily? Some of these people are pretty bitter, eh?" The oni asked aloud, before he too noted the figure in the sky. The fyre demon only grinned, and couldn't help but chuckle aloud as Atilla still found the need to complete her sermon with a blessing of the group. "You may find that way home a little tough." He would comment, only growing more excited as the thing seemed to come upon them now, smashing to land into the street.
"This is more like it!" The fyre demon shouted, throwing his arm forward and directing the Brimstone ring in its direction, the ruby gleaming brightly before a blast of fire erupted from the jewel to head towards the oni.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:22 pm

The creature snarled and batted away the coming projectile as though offended and turned its head towards the soapbox.
Shifting down into her smaller form, the rat scurried over to the fire oni and jumped on his shoulder, her back arched as she chanted a strength enhancing spell without thinking about it. "Maiorem hac dilectionem nemo habet... Ut animam suam quis ponat pro amicis suis,"* she spit, a light mist lending the oni some of her powers before she spoke again. "What manner of foolish beast would attack in the middle of a city? That size too... the authorities are sure to notice..." She lowered her head and hissed nastily. "It is not right. Be careful..."
The beast held its head up, as though choking on something before suddenly belching out some very black water that covered the entire city block in ooze. It gave off skull-shaped vapor and didn't seem like it would be a very fun thing to touch.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:29 pm

As the rat came upon his shoulder, he was allowed to push himself from the ground and take flight into the air upon a disc of flame. Even as he did he could feel the strengthening of his powers, as could only be expected from his angel companion. "The authorities, eh?" The oni chuckled lightly, looking to that demon as he spat up something and covered the block with some sort of vapor, in which he tried to ascend above and out of the influence of what seemed like it might have been harmful. "Then we'll just have to kill it before they get here!" The oni shouted, "Infernal flames! Rain down from fiery skies!" He threw his arms out wide, before 'droplets' of fire passed by just overhead of his position, falling down upon the beast's immediate area.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:16 pm

The beast roared nastily as the fiery drops fell on its snout and eyes, and it shook the burning embers off of its blackened snout. Enraged afresh, it looked towards the airborne duo and took a deep breath, unleashing a roar in their direction that managed to shatter the glass out of all the nearby slummy buildings, even cracking the brick of one and causing the block to shake. Though the creature had large eyes, it somehow seemed to be looking directly at the rat, and she shivered involuntarily in disgust at this evil thing that had chosen to break up her service and attack what had become a slightly better section of the lower commons.
She covered her ears and shouted above the din,"Levavi oculos meos in montes, unde veniet auxilium meum?".*
A familiar stylized raincloud would form, about the area of a house, above their heads and rain down droplets to boost the power of the fire spirit. "I think you've almost got it!" she shouted. "It's big, but it's not that strong!"

*Forgot my translation!
**Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.
***I will lift up my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from?[Enhance]
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:26 pm

The oni winced as the thing roared, bringing about the destruction of glass windows around the area as the fyre demon spat to the side. "Not that strong, eh..?" From what he could see, he thought a little different, but feeling the boosts of powers from Atilla's technique he grew more confident in himself and less for the enemy's well being. Drawing Mabushiiken from a sheath and a blade that was about half the size of the larger from a strap on his side, the oni would suddenly shoot forward towards the target, passing through the vapors of that dark mist. Both of the blades would flash forward and swipe first at one of the creature's claw, before continuing his motion passed it, Mabushiiken held firmly in place to slash all the way down the entirety of its form. He would shoot out from the mist once more after the first attack, into the air before he whirled about to face the backside of it from afar.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 9:09 pm

Atilla clung tightly to Shou's shoulder as he dashed so quickly past the monster and turned to look at the creature.
It stood there for a moment, stunned, it's back arched before it began to shudder like an unstable building, eventually collapsing upon itself in a black jungle of flesh and bones. It groaned as it hit the ground, growling its last before it began to dissolve into black spirit particles that sank into the ground. The vapors went the way of their master, retreating into the corpse like a midnight blighted low tide.
Atilla sighed with relief, her whiskers twitching as she picked up something else in the atmosphere. "Peter?" she would question the winds, looking around. "Peter!" she would shout, jumping off of her husband's shoulder, a spiral stairway of glowing yellow balls allowing her to bounce all the way to the ground and scurry into the alley closest to where she'd been preaching.
A boy stood there, looking perhaps twenty. He wore a polo shirt tucked in to his formal pants and had the innocent look of someone who absorbed sermons from a young age and hadn't traveled far from those words. He had a hat on his head with long, floppy bunny ears that fell past his shoulders. His expression seemed to imply that he'd recently recovered from some great exertion. "You're alive," he said in surprise, blinking.
"Oh, yes, that dragon was quite scary back there, wasn't it?"
"Well, yes, I would know. I was controlling him."
It was Atilla's turn to look confused. "I beg your pardon, Brother?"
"You're surprised about it? The council voted to kick you out of Koutaku-sh... oh! I'm sorry, I was supposed to tell you first." He dug a scroll out of his pocket and handed it to her, allowing her to unroll it and read it as he continued. "Yea, I'm really sorry this had to happen, but... they said you got a bit out of line with the protocols and it'd be just easier to drop you."
All color drained from the kami's face as she read over the list of transgressions. After a moment, she slowly rolled the scroll back up and put it in her robe, her expression dead as she sought to slink off. "Thank you, Peter," she said in a monotone, shuffling away.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 9:24 pm

He only had the chance to relish in that kill for a moment before Atilla had leapt away, shouting the name 'Peter'. The oni rose a brow before allowing himself to descend to the ground, dropping to the ground where the creature had been. "Not too tough at all, eh?" He murmurred to himself, a little disappointed as he placed his weapons in their respective places. Shou then turned towards the alleyway that Atilla had disappeared off to, beginning to make his way in that direction before seeing her stroll out from it. "Hey. Where'd you run off to just then?" The oni asked, a little curious as to what had the rat running off and shouting some other man's name. Perhaps even a little jealousy began to play in that interest.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 9:35 pm

The kami found her timidly tipping off interrupted by her husband, who she looked at with the same profound disinterest that she'd previously been starting at the ground with. Her irises were a deep red. After a few seconds, she lay her head up against the oni, feeling he was the only thing left he could trust before pulling the folds of his shirt around her face so she could sob into them.
The rabbit kami came out a few seconds later, as though unaware that his words had caused the other kami so much pain. He smiled and waved stiffly, politely to the oni in the frightened manner one might smile and wave to a half wolf pit bull that the owners insisted was nice against all evidence."Hello... Takashou, was it? Heh... Umm... Well, there's been treason and all that but I'm not going to try to kill your... wife... any more... umm... but I have to go, ok?" As he talked, he walked briskly down the street, still apologizing. "Take care Atilla!"
Atilla didn't seem to hear him, instead her sobs merely gained volume and shook her entire frame.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 9:43 pm

His crimson orbs seemed to reflect within the woman's own, a little surprised to see that color within her eyes. As she came against him, the oni wrapped his arms around her, "What happened?" He could only ask at this sudden change within the woman, before glancing up to the man that came from the alleyway. An eye twitched at the sight of long bunny ears. "What.. what the fuck is that?" He asked the woman in his embrace in a hushed tone, before the thing came to speak to him, knowing his name. Something he said came to seriously bother him, but again he spoke to Atilla rather than the newcomer. "Is this man a problem, Atilla?" The oni would growl aloud, snarling, something he made sure this rabbit kami heard as it began to pace down the street, the oni's hair beginning to rise and spike around him, threateningly to transform there. Certainly his rage began to build within him at the mere thought of someone attempting to kill his wife.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 10:12 pm

The woman stopped sobbing long enough to rub her nose on her sleeve and hold on gently to the oni's arm. Though the events that lead to her being kicked out of heaven seemed to have largely revolved around her adventures and explorations with her husband, she would be the last to blame him. At the same time, she didn't want him to attack the strange kami that she'd trained to take over her area should anything happen to her. She couldn't be a victim in the face of these circumstances, thus, she stopped her crying."He's only a messenger," she said, regaining her ability to speak. "One of my... students. I trained him to resist temptations on this plane. It'll be his job to take over the guardianship I once had since I've been dismissed."
She heaved a great sigh and her newly reddened eyes fell to the ground. "I was enjoying this whole 'being good' thing, I don't want to go back to being a devil. It wouldn't be hard but... I thought I had something going here."
After a few moments, she looked back up, she rested her hand gently on his cheek. "I guess itt's nobody's fault but my own."

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 10:18 pm

The oni paused for a moment, unconvinced that he shouldn't do something about the one that brought tears to his lover. Instead, she seemed to need his presence for the moment, drawing his arms to lightly squeeze at the woman's shoulder. "You are good, Atilla. Even if you can't go back to heaven, that doesn't change the person you are. You oughta know that. Just be yourself." His last statement had slipped out, not one to usually speak such words when it came to Atilla's case, especially considering the dire implication it held last time. The oni wouldn't be discouraged, though, trusting her to remain as she was. Even if that trust wasn't based on anything aside from his own feelings.
"You're still a preacher, aren't you? Don't give up on these humans.. they can't see Bleaus or the angels either, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't believe.. right? You should still believe too."
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:16 pm

The kami thought back to her past life of horrible rape and murder and general unpleasantness to her fellow spirits and to mankind in general. It was a purposeless, hedonistic existence, and suddenly she could see the reason in her husband's words. This was her, a sinner herself, the worst of sinners who was serving others and making their lives easier to atone for her past atrocities. Surely Bleaus could see her heart, even if the council couldn't. Even then, it seemed so unlike them to compile such a petty list. Field operatives who'd slipped up worse than her were still welcomed back into heaven to awards, applause, and promotions.
But none of that mattered. She warmly embraced her husband, leaning her head against his chest and murmuring, "You're right. Thanks."

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:19 pm

The oni couldn't help but smile as he wrapped her arms around her once more, holding her close to him. "You're my light after all.." Shou mumbled lightly, Atilla being the only thing that kept him from a path of destruction and chaos that would have surely inevitably led to his death. He drew her closer to him at the thought, unwilling to allow this angel to change into the darker version he had encountered one night. "So.. is that it for your sermon today?" It had seemed as if her audience had scattered and run off, his crimson orbs coming to look and search for them. To his surprise, people had spectated from afar down by the blocks, forming groups. Shortly after were the distant cries of sirens that alerted the oni as he tensed, thinking to flee.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:32 pm

She heard the sirens too and looked up and back towards the open road where distant lights flashed. She'd been briefed briefly on Division 12 before leaving, and though she'd never had a run in with them, she certainly didn't care to. She looked towards the oni and gently kissed him on the cheek before breaking away, as though preparing to run, smirking in a manner that showed she knew they wouldn't be there in time to catch them. "I've said the benediction. Last one to the woods gets their tail beat by the police."
And she would run towards her trailer.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:38 pm

The oni snickered, glancing back towards the sirens before looking to the woman as she ran off. "Right then!" He kicked off the ground, not deciding to limit himself to the boundaries of the ground and the traction of the road. Besides, this way he could soar over the buildings and overcome yet another boundary, one that involved turning street corners. Shou suspected Atilla would pick up on that though and assume flight herself. As competitive as he was, though, the oni would transform there in the air, all his beastial features coming to flare onto his form before he bursted forward with an increase in speed, riding atop that disc of flame.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:57 pm

For some reason, knowing that she would be doing good independent of heaven made her feel a lot more liberated, or perhaps that was the bad side of her talking. No doubt, since she was what they called a "stray" she wouldn't have to be so worried about her conduct and her submissiveness. She could still heal the lame and improve people's lives, but not with the insecurity that came from the skies above constantly scrutinizing her every move.
She shrank down to her second animal form and scampered through the dirty streets leading out of town like any average street rat, running towards the smell of the earth out near the woods, but... she saw how the kami flew and a sly thought went through her head. There were some old battle tricks her old self knew that she hadn't employed lately. "Earth's spirit, heed my call," she would chant subtlety, watching the oni before her. If this trick was as she remembered it, he would be taking a short trip to the ground if he didn't compensate for the extra weight the world would suddenly decide he had.

*Unlocked Gravity Package
*Learned Pulldown
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 12:02 am

"Nngh! What the hell!" The oni shouted, suddenly passing through the disc of flame as something seemed to tug at him, feeling some great pressure press on him from above. "What kind of damn magic.." Shou grunted, refusing to allow himself to lose flight as a new disc of flame repositioned under his feet once he had identified the problem. The oni continued forward, his pace drastically slowed though his transformation allowed him to at least deal with this mysterious technique. His crimson orbs glanced around, unable to spot where the caster of this magic had come from.. then he had a pretty good idea by the sight of a large rat scampering through the streets below.
"Tch! She must think she's clever.." The oni grunted, feeling defeated as he couldn't bring himself to use his own magic to slow her course. After all, fire was a dangerous thing and he might have brought some harm to her.. "Ah what the hell! She's tough!" The oni shouted with a grin, as firewalls began to burst into being down the street, becoming obstacles in that rat's path.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 12:31 am

The rat squeaked aloud as she found her progress arrested by the flames of her beloved. Quite a shame too, she'd just gotten ahead by a few feet.
But all was not lost! No, not by far. She had one more trick she wanted to try out. This one might hurt him, but he was tough, she knew him and loved him for that. Besides, she was planning on doing some healing when they got home anyways, perhaps a nice massage to go with it.
As the oni passed overhead, she quickly said aloud,"Hey Honey! Welcome to the GROUND!"
The area perhaps about six feet around her suddenly experienced the level of gravity one might experience on Jupiter, compressing the air and the clouds and causing the area around her to suddenly sink and crack. She'd timed it so he would be only a foot or three in front of her when he fell, perhaps around the spot the firewall stood.

*Learned Pulldown
*Learned Imprint
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 12:43 am

With his sights set forward, he snickered thinking this game won. She had tried her bit, but he'd countered with his own and now the fast track to victory was just ahead. Again, gravity suddenly pulled on him though. Only this time it came with much more strength behind it. "Gah!" His hands went and reached out for the air above him that fast eluded him, his form crashing against the street but not before passing through the firewall. His own flames had never come to harm him before, though, so he simply lay there for a moment, huffing out a sigh. "Bah.. she wins. Busting out some new magic.. pah! Sneaky girl." The oni sat up as the gravity effects had seemed to wear off after the instant, groaning lightly.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 1:20 am

The falling body of the oni conveniently extinguished the firewall, and she giggled a little bit, having had fun with this entire race. They were a few yards away from the trailer, but they were in the meadow at the edge of the city past where Division 12 would bother them. The sirens faded off.
Shifting up to her more human form, her giggle was more like a good natured laugh to counteract his groaning. Somehow, despite the extremely bad news, she was having the time of her life instead of steadily descending into madness, and she had this man to owe for that. She seated herself gently on his lap, her hands coming to his lower back as she chanted softly. " livor vulneris absterget mala et plagae in secretioribus ventris."*
Her hands would glow briefly with healing energy and she would snuzzle her head into his chest. "I think I have a couple of good ideas. Would you like to hear them here or shall we retire indoors?"

*By the wounds of the rod evil is taken away, and blows make the deepest part of the body clean.
*Learned Pulldown
*Learned Imprint
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 1:31 am

The oni was surprised to see the woman come upon his lap, but he was by no means unhappy. With a grin replacing that groan, he would wrap his arms around her waist and drew her in close. "Good ideas, eh? I got some myself." Shou would state, his intentions no secret as he drew her in closer against his body. Of course, he could always put play aside to hear this woman out for whatever it was that she felt neccessary to tell him. "We can head inside your trailer, yeah?" He'd suggest, glancing towards the building that was rather close to the edges of the open meadows. Though he was comfortable with her saddled on him as she was, he couldn't help but feel indoors might have been more secure. It wasn't likely that the police would pursue anything this far, but if they had caught sight of the fire he had rode upon they might have taken that chase.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 1:48 am

Lewdness no longer seemed something she had to ignore, and she got up from the oni's lap, walking over to her door and pulling it open. She didn't actually ever lock the trailer; there was nothing inside worth stealing.
Hanging her robe up in the closet, she reclined on her bed and waited for her mate to make it in.
"I was thinking... you look good, right? There's probably other people who look good. I think we should have a big beauty pageant and use it as a fund raiser for the women's shelter in the Commons. People will pay the entry fee and the admission, I believe. What do you think?"

*Learned Pulldown
*Learned Imprint
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 am

"Oh?" The oni couldn't help but chuckle at her blunt remark that was more a statement than a compliment. Still, the idea surprised him, wondering if he could bring himself to enter such a contest. "Eh.. it's not exactly something a demon would do, right?" Shou would ask, attempting to try and change her view of that matter of him being an entry. The oni would then simply shake his head as he sat beside the woman on the bed, "I'll think about it.. instead, for now.. tell me about Bleaus." He asked suddenly, growing more and more interested in that man the more he spent time with Atilla. "Have you ever met him?"
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 2:01 am

She tilted her head to the side quizzically at his statements about entering. It wouldn't really be fair for the husband of the contest coordinator to enter. Nevertheless, when he mentioned Bleaus, that's all she needed to temporarily forget about the previous ideas, her eyes taking on a dreamy expression as she put her elbows on the bed to prop up her chin. "Ah, Bleaus. Yes, I have met him, but if you wish to know more about him, I'll have to ask you this first: What do you know of the creation of the world and the three planes?"

*Learned Pulldown
*Learned Imprint
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 2:06 am

The oni sighed lightly, not knowing anything of that topic. It seemed a stray of his original question, yet he supposed such information was neccessary to better understand this very strange and new topic of angels and heaven. "Absolutely nothing." Shou would admit, looking to the woman in her new posture and snickering. It seemed she would have a lot to tell.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 2:23 am

She seemed to expect that answer and took a deep breath, "Bleaus is a very powerful kami who can create matter from nothing, but only the humans truly answer to him, as he's the gatekeeper, the Hogosha of my home who determines if a soul gets to be a kami or an oni. Us resident kami answer to much more powerful beings. They are called the Watchers. They aren't spirits really, and they created all of the spirits long before there were ever humans. They created two kinds: good and evil... but back then, Yochi was a mere barrier. Nothing lived on it. However, the gatekeeper of onitoshi and the gatekeeper of heaven would always end up fighting at some point during their rule. Epion was the Hogosha before Bleaus, and he defeated two gatekeepers. He fell to the third, but not due to weakness..." She paused dramatically. "The third was a female who seduced him. They loved each other so much that they disobeyed the watchers and fled their responsibilities. Death was the punishment for their sin, death and a hard life. Their descendants are mankind. Now, Bleaus had no such weakness in his heart, at least not yet, so they appointed him the next Hogosha. He has a lot of responsibility on his shoulders. I didn't get to talk to him for long, but he's the one who decided that I would make a good kami if I were only reborn and he let me through to paradise. If humans live good lives, he judges their spirits pure and let them through too. The alternative is death and misery in Onitoshi, and I don't think these hardworking, struggling people deserve that."
The woman's eyes focused on a far off spot on the wall. "I should take you there one day, it's really beautiful. There is no pain or sorrow, no poverty and starvation, and everyone's so gentle..."
She closed her eyes and began to brux her teeth without really thinking about it, her mind on the far off heaven she'd abandoned. "I was a mere temple maiden, though. I didn't get out much."

*Learned Pulldown
*Learned Imprint
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 2:30 am

She seemed to speak well of Bleaus, though he couldn't blame a man for simply falling for a woman. The oni shrugged, deciding they must have had higher standards in heaven, a much more strict set of rules. When she mentioned taking him up there sometime, he only found himself laughing aloud. "You really think they'd allow that, eh?" The fyre demon would ask, simply smirking. "Nah, those angels up there definitely don't have a nice view of us demons.. they've been battling my kind for almost an eternity, right? How would they come to trust a demon to walk through their gates? There's no place for me up there.. rather just spend my time here on Earth."
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 2:42 am

The woman seemed saddened by the statement. She looked up at her husband and sighed. "You're right, there's only two ways to get in. Either you have to beat the Hogosha or you have to be allowed to pass by him. I guess they can't just let anybody in, even for a visit." She rolled her eyes a little bit, her more demonic thoughts coming to the surface. "What harm could one demon do in a day to the entrenched goodness of the people up there? I guess they think if you let you in everyone will just start having orgies on the spot and then BOOM! kids." Her eyes returned to the male, traveling down his body. "That being said, I can see why they wouldn't let you in. You have to be a human capable of suppressing your baser instincts: sex, violence, chaos, general deviltry..."

*Learned Pulldown
*Learned Imprint
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 2:47 am

The demon snickered, finding more interest in one of her statements than the rest of her words. "Beat him in a fight, eh..? That kind of way sounds like my ticket in!" Shou exclaimed, before laughing aloud. Certainly this Bleaus character was the strongest in that heavenly realm, so it was bound to be a fight worthy of his attention. "Maybe some day I will, eh?" Smirking, he rested his hands behind his head as he layed back on the bed, emitting a light sigh. "Yet, still.. I'm tired of all this pointless destruction the demon I am wants to cause. I wouldn't mind living for more purpose, you know?"
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 2:56 am

The kami shifted from her spot, taking up a new one with her chin resting on his chest and her body parallel to his on the bed. "Someday, maybe..." she said distantly, not really believing that they would ever attain a strength stronger than this gatekeeper who could control and destroy the very matter of the universe on a mere whim. "Careful, though. If you could beat Bleaus you might just qualify as the next Hogosha of Onitoshi... not that it would be so bad. You'd be protecting humans from the wicked spirits that seek to stay on Earth and enact vengeance for their deaths."
She thought for a minute on his words on seeking a higher purpose. For now, that was the only thing keeping her good as well. "Purpose is important. You are now willing to protect the city you wanted to see burn. I'm glad you picked a more positive purpose in life before you lost your mind like that oni we saw back there..." A pause. "To be fair I suppose he wasn't acting on his own will at first. It's a little scary how Peter can just mind control creatures like that. Could you have imagined what would've happened if he wanted to really fight us and got into one of our heads?"

*Learned Pulldown
*Learned Imprint
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:05 am

"Bah.." The oni would look down to the woman, a confident grin spreading across his face. "If I felt that little bastard bunny going through my head, I'd tear those ears off his head before I got to roasting him to bits. I'm not about to lose to an angel when I got my sights on their boss, right?" Shou snickered, glancing up towards the ceiling of the trailer. "Heh.. if I wanted to be a Hogosha of Onitoshi, I'd have to beat Dem first though, yeah? That's another one I want to fight someday. But I don't think I'd like that job. I'd rather stay here on Earth, where I can see my efforts paying off.. why contain myself in one place, especially Onitoshi?" He glanced back down towards her, "I wouldn't be able to see you, after all."
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:18 am

The kami hugged the oni around the waist, pleased by the statement of loyalty from him, her cheek flat against his belly. That's very kind of you, but I would follow you to the ends of the worlds. We're married, aren't we? I'd give up Koutaku-shi forever for you." It bothered her a little to think that she just may have. "Historically, the Hogashas of Koutaku-shi have always been stronger than the Hogashas of Onitoshi but Dem, he is different..." her brow furrowed, recollecting what she knew of the mysterious spirit. "He is very different. He flies in the face of the edicts of the Watchers and he hasn't been punished at all. Surely it's not the Watchers' will for him to go about causing all of this chaos in the natural order of things... at least I think. Nobody really understands them."

*Learned Pulldown
*Learned Imprint
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:26 am

"The Watchers.. hmph." The oni closed his eyes, "If they don't do any fighting or enforcing themselves, they're just trash, aren't they? Bleaus is the one who should take real credit. As for Dem, no doubt he's different. Strongest of all the guardians of Onitoshi, heheh. That makes him all the more reason to do battle with. I'd be fighting the strongest kami and the strongest oni!" Again he snickered, his eyes reopening with a building excitement. "I'd be the strongest spirit alive. Then we'll see what those damn Watchers are really made of."
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:36 am

"Ssssh..." A single finger went up to cover the oni's mouth. "I would be a bit more careful if I were you..." Whereas she'd been lax, even irreverent concerning the Hogashas, she seemed a little tense when they got into calling the Watchers names. "They call them 'Watchers' for a reason you know..."

*Learned Pulldown
*Learned Imprint
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 am

The oni blinked, looking down to the woman who had hushed him. He then laughed aloud at her remark, thinking it a little absurd. "I would be so lucky if one of them showed up just by speaking about them, yeah? I'd definitely give the bastard a run for his money." Shou stated before chuckling lightly, "If you're uncomfortable with it, though, we don't gotta talk about it." The fyre demon gave a careless shrug regarding the matter, hardly registering the petty emotion of fear.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:49 am

"Heh... heh..." she said, the emotion of fear very much registering in her mind. "They're a collective... one of them is all of them, but you're right, we should probably change the subject."
For the moment, she was on top and she slid up a little to kiss his neck. "I'm really glad you've never been to Onitoshi, though. Might've changed you for the worse..."

*Unlocked Gravity Package || *Learned Pulldown || *Learned Imprint
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marrow of a Bone   The Marrow of a Bone Empty

Back to top Go down

The Marrow of a Bone
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RP Boards :: Earth :: Lower Commons-
Jump to: