Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Quest : gaining a new you (brice)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Strayed
Intern
Strayed

Male
Number of posts : 401
Rep! : 4
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Quest : gaining a new you (brice) Empty
PostSubject: Quest : gaining a new you (brice)   Quest : gaining a new you (brice) EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 7:11 pm

Was it so wrong to want to help others? I had to ask my self after what had happened, I had to wonder. Was there even really a god? Some old man that sits in the clouds, and decides who will die and who will live. Who’s evil and who’s good? But at that moment in the hospital, when the doctor informed us that she could die, for no reason at all, well I just didn’t believe it. She was a good person, a kind person. My mother had never been mean, or cruel, she’d never been selfish enough to put her self, or her problems above anyone else. So then this was her reward? 3 years in a bed, in horrible pain, and the damned doctors didn’t even know why. Even through those 3 years she’d been the same kind loving woman that had raised me.

As we left the hospital my body was still numb, I still couldn’t understand it. I didn’t want to just watch her waste away in the room. To see the smile slowly fade away day by day until it was no longer there. To see her eyes so bright an happy, become dull lifeless orbs staring into space. And to be so helpless to stop it.
My father didn’t say a word on the way home. I had agreed to stay for coffee while he went over her last will that night. It had to be done, but neither of us wanted to do it, not yet. It was as if the more time we put of that formality, the longer she had. We couldn’t hide in our perfect denial forever.
"Well here we’re here" I heard my father’s gruff voice announce as we stopped at the house I’d grew up in. A giant for sale sign stared at me from the front yard. Another sore reminder of how much my father was paying for my mothers treatment, which wasn’t even helping. I slammed the door at that thought and my father did the same, mirroring my frustration as we headed up the steps, and inside.

The night went slowly, as we talked and drank. Normally I don’t but I would walk home drunk if it would make the old man feel any better. Hat is exactly what happened, by 1 am I was blazed out of my mind, and my father had passed out on the dinning room table. I wasn’t sure if we had finished going over everything, but at this point it didn’t matter. I turned off the lights and slide my father over to the couch, tossing the quilt on the back over him before I left. I grabbed the spare key from under the door mat and locked up before I began the long walk home.

Page 1 of 2
Words : 468
Back to top Go down
Strayed
Intern
Strayed

Male
Number of posts : 401
Rep! : 4
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Quest : gaining a new you (brice)   Quest : gaining a new you (brice) EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 8:20 pm

At lest all that liquor had helped me to deal with walk. I barely felt the cold, or even my legs for that matter. But the questions and sadness had now just turned to rage, a rage that I could barely stand. I wanted to scream, no I anted to roar, and hurt something, hurt it like had been hurt, make it feel the pain and hopelessness that I felt. If I was a lesser man I might have actually resorted to something of that nature, but I just continued walking.

"You know, you are fortunate" a smooth voice spoke almost out of no where. It was so sudden that I jerked to a stop ad turned my head to the alley. It was dark so I couldn’t see exactly what he looked like, but whoever it was, was very tall.
"If you knew me, you’d know how untrue that statement is." I retorted, and was ready to walk off and just leave it at that.
"Oh but you are, not many get to see the world as you do. To know what you now know." The voice was strange and cool, but almost comforting, and though he was a stranger, I felt as though I’d known him a long time.
"And what do I know? I don’t feel like I know much of anything." I replied, more intrigued this time.
"That deeds in this world are meaningless without power, that a noble cause is a lost cause with out strength with which to carry it out…hmmm…am I correct?" The words hit hard, and before I could answer it was as if the figure already knew hat I was going to say.
"Your in luck, I can grant you that power, the strength, you won’t feel helpless ever again….hmmm….you need only say my name" Something told me not to listen, not to believe, what did I have to lose? Really the only thing I had at this point was my self, and this figure was right, I was not powerful.
"And….what is your name?" I asked with sight hesitation.
"kyuuketsuki…"
"kyuuketsuki?" I asked in confusion, but before I got an answer, the figure shot forward. It was then I realized that it had no been a figure at all, but strange mist, or cloud of some sort, and before I knew what had exactly happened I was engulfed in the darkness, the city lights fading to black.

Page 2 of 2
Words 405
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Quest : gaining a new you (brice)   Quest : gaining a new you (brice) EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 11:28 pm

Updated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quest : gaining a new you (brice)   Quest : gaining a new you (brice) Empty

Back to top Go down

Quest : gaining a new you (brice)
Page 1 of 1