Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Like a Boss

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Like a Boss Empty
PostSubject: Like a Boss   Like a Boss EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:58 pm

The sun heaved itself slowly, lethargically over the sky, banishing the dancers and druggies and dangerous sorts from the lower commons and drawing sleepy, ambitious businessmen into East City. The sagging, grungy buildings of the former stood in stark contrast to the crisp, efficient newness of the latter, and between them stood a tavern.

Grunty, a demoness having a slight mid-life crisis, felt the rays of the rising, burning orb settle on her lids and her own glowing eyes opened to allow the irises to steadily met the venetian curtains that allowed the light into the room between the shutters. This seemed a new feeling... this uncomfortableness that had been growing ever since she'd arrived back in the city from the past. Perhaps it'd been growing even before then.

Her eyes drifted up towards the ceiling with its concentric circles of mildew. She thought of the Commons and all the people she knew there, the people who were nothing more than meat with money. She thought of the time she'd glimpsed past the barrier to the busy Metro. She remembered the polished businesses of East City. A vision of the night club drifted past her mind.

Then she recalled the pitiful humans who had all of these fun things and she recalled herself sleeping in garbage bins, reaping from the very tail end of life. Of course, she hadn't been living previously, so she wasn't acquainted with dissatisfaction. Even the feelings she felt now weren't dissatisfaction so much as enviousness. These people were her food and there they were, no knowledge of her, living their pleasurable lives without knowing the fear she could inflict.

Her coat on the floor began to dissolve into black mist, the same black mist that began to orbit about her body from her ruined clothes. Eventually her entire form had dissolved into the mists and floated above the sheets, compressing into the form of a fox. The events of last night left her feeling tainted and she licked herself vigorously, a few words from the leadership book she'd been reading echoing through her mind.

"A great leader's courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position. Most people who want to get ahead do it backwards. They think, 'I'll get a bigger job, then I'll learn how to be a leader,' but showing leadership skills is how you get the bigger job in the first place. Leadership isn't a position, it's a process."

And as she licked the last bit of the sticky, dry fluids from her orifice, she had an epiphany. She was a ferocious and powerful spirit, an ages old spiritual beast upon this fragile plain. She growled lightly, a grin across her visage as she stared across the morning room. One by one, small specks of light, no larger or more resplendent than pieces of glitter, began to grow until they were colorful orbs, crackling with the power of their own electricity. Since when did she give a fuck? This whole place... she could take it down and everyone in it...

Including, she thought grimly, the fellow who slept so peacefully next to her. Pah, the whore... she thought tenderly. Would be cool if she had something for him other than a sagging tavern bedroom. Her warmer feeling kicked in for a moment. Maybe she'd buy him a nice place to stay. If this was his job... well, he was an incubus. Maybe he really had tons of money and he just did this for kicks and giggles.

Bah, if he was rich, she'd buy him something bigger, she thought, taking one last look at the reclining man and smiling to think of how he was going to wake up and not have anything to wear before she phased out of the wall, misty wings forming behind her to allow her to travel on the air.

Straightway she walked boldly around, looking for any other spirits. Usually they were asleep during the day, yes, but at the same time she usually avoided them. Most of the yokai spirits resided in the Commons in a place she was familiar with.

Boldly, she strode into the city dump. A number of lower level spirits with no real goals in their newfound lives lounged around, some sleeping on top of tire piles, some digging in the filth. There was about a dozen or so of them. "I'm guessing you fags are from Onitoshi?"

A few of them snarled; they seemed to be one of those territorial packs. Their ears lay down flat against their heads and their lips writhed in waves of malice as they glared at her. One who stood a bit taller and possessed the power of speech, to all appearances the leader, began to circle her. "A female, huh?"

He was a spotted beast, a hyena-like dog or wolf to all appearances. She didn't turn to face him. Something was in his tone of voice that she'd have to wash out with a lot of electricity.

Predictably, he ran at her, trying to get the uppermost position from behind. Seeing their leader move forward, the other beasts rushed forwards, wanting a piece of the action. Much to the leader's surprise, the vixen jumped backwards, phasing through him and landing with a spin. The leader ran towards her once again and she coated him with lytflies, setting them all off at once.

The other beasts stopped mid charge, almost piling on top of each other as they attempted to backpedal out of the way. The thunder drove them to hide beneath a ruined car.

Grunty's fur blew forward with the force of the explosion, and afterwards she walked over the crater where their alpha once stood, ascending a tire pile. "Alright, now that you can see what will happen if you bunch don't listen the fuck up and follow your superiors, I want you to know that your lives will be different. You will follow me. When I scream..." and she screamed for illustration, the sound sending them crouching to the ground. "...you come. When I say something, you do it. If you don't, I will find you and you will die. I hope all of you understand. Rest up, I will be returning later. There are a few places I want some help robbing."

And she trotted out of the landfill, like a boss.
Wordcount(checkpoint, 1063);
Back to top Go down

Like a Boss
Page 1 of 1