Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vacation Isle

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Vacation Isle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Vacation Isle   Vacation Isle - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 7:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Vacation Isle - Page 2 Loki_01

I moved through the clouds in a rather laid back fashion, twisting and curling up and over small puffs. The air felt amazing up here, and the bright blue skies were open in all directions. Folding over, I sighed before coming to a halt. An island? I thought islands only existed out in the ocean. My legs came up, folding into a seated position while I thought about it for a moment. Amazon? I heard about that in a tv show I was watching at Lauren's party. An entire island of beautiful warrior women. Maybe I had found a hidden paradise and could retire for a bit. either way, my stomach was growling and I was rather hungry. Rolling backwards, my body straightened out before flying forward at full capacity.

"mmmmmm...."

Flying across the edge of the island, I keep my height above the tree line before spotting a settlement. A slow grin began to form before I pressed forward to the center of the town. Using Godspeed, my body would disappear, seemingly reappearing on the ground in the center square. the point? All flashy show and a hell of a lot of fun. As the dust would settle, I would stand up and straighten my back, letting the little bones crack a bit. Strange silence.. wow, I looked around at the people, who kinda just.. stood there.. what, they never see an angel before? Sheesh.. tough crowd..

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz : 238 /238
Vacation Isle - Page 2 Loki_03
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Vacation Isle   Vacation Isle - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:38 pm

When he had no questions, I wondered for a moment, if I had been broadcasting thoughts for longer than I believed. I do not let it bother me much as I look around the island. In my own world, I quietly, but not silently, admire the beauty of the landscape and terrain. Speaking about the lush jungles that fill the eyes with tropical beauty and provide such an environment to bless the lungs of the mortals. The jungle's canopy prevents the sun from burning the flesh too much, so there is quite an interesting spectrum of flesh pigments on Mandira. There is something about the wildness of Mandira's jungles and mystique that creates such a feral beauty in my people. Speaking of feral beauty, my mind drifts back to the Wattu princess. What was that essence that I sensed within her? So primal yet focused on protecting the boy. I am definitely intrigued.

Sanzo speaks up to lend thoughts to the current situation with the Wattu and also poses a question to me. I had struggled with this thought when I was in Onitoshi. What sort of sovereign would I be? Back there, I was leading a force of fellow demons, so there was more respect for my people b/c they were my people instead of a pack of mortals, two higher orders, a dark sprite, and a half breed, who I worry has been growing soft. My answer is based in this scope of thought. "The Chief fears my wrath, the eldest son is a cohort to Wurin the Warlord, the middle son cares only for protecting his people, and his daughter wants to see Wurin dead. I am quite curious to see how the mortals decide as any decision is the right decision for me. In the end, I will hold control over a unified Mandira and that is all that matters. I do not care about the opinion of mortal scholars. They would call me both of those though. I will conquer more land and I will ensure order instead of chaos. The civilians under my rule will know peace and they will know prosperity. My soldiers will know glory and the true honor of serving a Yaksa. The scholars will write tesrament to the power of a demigod. That is all that I care about in their mortal words. Why do you hold such regard for these mortals, Sanzo?"

I truly hold little regard or respect for these mortals. I care about the Khuna Apsara but aside from them and select mortals who are of substantial use to me, they are all alive to benefit and serve me in creating my empire.

470/9755
Farmers - Miners - Merchants - Carpenters (7)
Train: Movement - Clouddash (-1750)
Train: Sensing - NSight (-1750)
Unlock: Sensing - NSight (-1000)
Train: Movement - Acrobatics (-1750)
Mandira Revenue Collected
Strategist JC 1-5 (-1250)
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Vacation Isle   Vacation Isle - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:56 am

Vacation Isle - Page 2 Pbhead

I floated there for a moment, while watching the skies. It was peaceful here, unlike back at the village. There were so many separate entities, in terms of culture and development here, that it would be a shame to lose one of them. Shaking my head, I wondered what things would be like if the other spirit had not been here. Would that tribe to the south have performed their own conquest against the north? Are we actually bending what was already part of history to our own will? How is this going to effect the future now.. Hearing the other spirits answer, I simply shook my head. I guess that it didn’t really matter to him that much.
“The mortals serve and believe in us.. but if our kind starts to conquer them, we take away their own free choice.. If you push them too hard, then they will revolt.. and the second they figure out a way to kill us, like they can in the future, you will no longer be a god to them, just another enemy. Humans are resourceful, and it is our duty to lead and guide them from behind the curtain, not by directly conquering the human world. I am almost positive that if you kill the chief, and the warlord, then the rest of the civilization will bow before your own, and can easily be integrated into it. The bloodshed that you require is senseless and easily avoidable. Those who wish to fight back I can put down peacefully, and ship them to the mainland where they will be free to go do whatever they wish.”
Yawning, I pulled my legs up and crossed them under me, floating in a sitting position with my elbow on my knee. My chin would come to rest on my fist while watching the sun set. It had been a rather productive day after all. I figured there would be the argument that whoever was ruling didn’t matter, as someone would always be in charge, but it did.. We didn’t age, they did. This took away all forms of natural progression in politics and military advancement. If you were to sweep the entire world, then why would you ever need better weapons, since there would be no one to challenge in war? It didn’t seem right, but as a guest here, I would assist my fellow spirit, but in my own way. I would never take a human life carelessly.

Tech :
Notes : Assassin JC 1-5 [-1,250] | Acrobats +1 Level [-1000]
Wordz : 413/8727
Vacation Isle - Page 2 Pbfooter
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Vacation Isle   Vacation Isle - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:36 pm

I rub my chin as I listen to his thoughts on the matter. Now obviously, I do not agree with him but I am not displeased by his viewpoints. He had a more big brother sort of thought towards them. I had a more disciplinarian and authority figure view towards the mortals. "Behind the curtain you say. The humans are despicable creatures. Look to your own time and see how they manipulate and sacrifice one another. Why is it that when the gates to Onitoshi , the underworld, are open and demons freely roam their realm and there are forces who are aware of the presence of spirits, the other humans who are not in power are not aware of the strange and unexplained deaths. The humans abuse power b/c they do not comprehend the true order of things. Before I arrived on this island, the villages were at the mercy of basically everyone. Merchants screwed them over b/c they couldn't gain access to distant villages. The bandits raided what merchants they had and the mercenaries extorted them for protection. The two Warlords, Bivel and Wurin, quarreled often putting the villages at risk. The original village that I came to, Renrut, was destroyed by one of the warlords and for no reason at all. That confirmed to me that mortals need the authority of a ruler. I will bring them order."

I pause for a moment to keep my emotions under control to ensure that I don't have a "rage flare" as I call them these days. "You are interesting to me, Sanzo. You truly care about them as if you were their protector. I suppose that is one fundamental difference between either us or between Dark and Light Kami. We are taught to obtain total victory, so letting my enemies regroup and relocate does not sit well with me. It is foolish to allow them to restructure and unify behind their hate or fear or jealousy away from our eyes. Still... perhaps, I will consider mortal overseers of my lands as my empire grows tho it does not correct the mortal flaw of hubris and the corruption at the core of their essence. We should have more of these conversations. You will enjoy meeting my empath and healer, Kiera. She is soft on the mortals like you." I smile at him and chuckle as I am truly happy to have someone worthy to debate with me. Kiera has been so busy with tending to the mortals and being a mother to the village that I do not get to spend much time with her let alone anything else. I really did not wish to return and tend to the matters of the village but I already know that I need to. Not that thrilled, but it would give him time to freely explore the island and such. I hoped that if he looked around and saw the array of beasts and unique plant life and just feel the spiritual essence of this island then perhaps he would know why I wish to protect this island and the humans from themselves.

549/10,304
Farmers - Miners - Merchants - Carpenters (8)
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Vacation Isle   Vacation Isle - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:23 pm

I sat there watching the sun finally touch the horizon. I had never been to the other side of this land, and wondered what was out there. Scratch that, I had flown through the forest and found a purple fruit, kicked the shit out of an old man, and found that I could hold my human form as long as I needed now. A light chuckle would come from my lips, meaning nothing disrespectful, but from the thought of that old man still being there. I might go visit him someday and apologize, but not now. Oh well, I digress. A sigh would follow a moment later after I listened to his views on the human world. It was theirs to do what they did with it. I guess that was the difference. While I felt a greater responsibility to keeping them safe, he felt more of a responsibility, and the need to actively participate in writing their history. In a way, it was quite honorable of him to care that much to actually be a part of it.

“Free choice.. the human lifespan is short.. much shorter than ours, if even a fraction of it. If they want to burn themselves, then that is their choice, it is not our place, as higher beings, to actively interfere with that decision. There is no evolution in that mindset from now until our time in the future.. the only difference is the progressions they have made in science and technology. The economic fundamentals, the military, the political systems, they are all the same. Our duty is to protect and guide them, not enslave them.. whatever title you give to your campaign, it is all the same. We are a higher being, and they bow before us. Your commitment to this military campaign will end in that, as we both very well know. ”

I slowly lowered my legs down, wondering what his village would look like with a bonfire in the center of it, and a few good drinks with people dancing. I could go for a party right about now, but the night clubs in this time weren’t as good as they were in the future. Too bad.. I bet it would be great to party with the other big wigs like the Prince.. maybe one day I will see if he wants to grab a few drinks. I bet he could party like a rockstar when he wanted to, or had the time. Every corporate giant had to have some way to relax and what better way than drinks and ladies.

Thinking about the mention of his lady friend, I wondered how many he had. It seemed like he enjoyed the company of the female type a bit better. I had to agree with him, since most of my academy staff were female. Damn I loved the ladies.

Tech :
Wordz : 479/9206
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Rep! : 96

PostSubject: Re: Vacation Isle   Vacation Isle - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:51 am

When he mentions that as higher order beings that we should not interfere, I realize something of great importance and relevance. "I have nowhere else but this realm. I cannot access Koutaku-shi b/c my people were exiled. I still am unsure how, but I am banished here. I cannot teleport back to Sai City and even if I could return to Onitoshi. For what purpose when I have this realm? Think back to your time in the future, Sanzon. What is this island then? What about Tara Mura or Shima or Hejar? All of them are no more in your future. It is all one controlled realm. And how you wish to protect cultures, what culture are you protecting? Corporate greed, secret manipulation of the public, and most importantly, a realm where the mortals don't even know that we exist. I have no use for that future. It is all yours." I sigh as I think upon this. A smile finds my face though as I think back to university and even my talks with Uncle Marqos and later with Kiryn. We would debate back and forth the value of one thing or another vs a separate thing. This reminds me of that.

Once there is a pause after his response, I notice him straighten himself out, I wondered what he was thinking about, so I scan over the surface and I see images of girls and partying. That makes me smile, as it is to be expected. Suddenly, a familiar image enters his mind that I notice and a major flare of visible anger and energy building up around me as my dark aura seems to beam from me as I bear witness to the object of my hatred and the uncontrollable region of my region. My body transforms to the full blown Dark Kami form and my wings are feathery but a deep black with a dark red energy radiating from them. My claws look like they are dripping blood and the look of my eyes is just eerie. My pupils are a dark silver and the rest is a dark red that looks like it is moving around like a pool of blood. My tail swings back and forth looking like an armored and serrated whip. The skies would start to darken as winds begin to pick up in the area. Fighting for control, my mind would lash out with Mind Reaver, but not at full strength, so it would be a strong surge of not so pleasant psychic energy to the body. A loud primal roar/crow sounding noise would be heard by Sanzo and any animals in the area.

While I am enduring the pain caused by my loss of control and trying to suppress the rage, my mind chooses to protect me or the pain simply causes my mind to "open up" to minds around me. The problem with receiving the "transmission" if you will, is that it carries with it uncontrolled psychic energy meaning that anyone or any sentient entity witnessing this vision would be filled with mental pain. I find myself in a vision...

Vision wrote:
There are some men armed with guns moving out of a truck and another group pulling something out of the back of said truck. The guns they're carrying are kinda old models as is their appearance. I continue to watch though as the "package" from the back of the trunk is revealed and it is some sort of tomb or sarcophagus. A middle aged man nods and tells them to confirm that the body is still intact.

Next there is darkness all around me and soon there are voices. "So who is it inside?" The second voice answers, "No one knows. Someone get the witch." One of the armed men runs to another section of this rather large warehouse and comes back slowly with a woman in a dark cloak. She approaches the sarcophagus and looks it over carefully. She places her hand on the lid and her eyes open widely. She gasps slowly and deeply in pain. Her mouth opens and a male voice with an Hellenic Egyptian accent and a slight supernatural echo to it. "Why have you disturbed me, mortals? I sense no great need, so why?" Another figure in a dark cloak arrives and looks at her, "Your power is going to be borrowed, Kunashi, but you will be sealed away while you are placed inside of a mortal shell. Do not worry tho, when your powers start to manifest, we Dark Kami will be there to nurture the boy and use your powers to do our bidding. I bind you Kunashi and cast you into the deepest recesses of your own essence so that you will never escape."

The female drops to the ground and the cloaked male places a stone on the lid of the sarcophagus. The stone takes effect quickly as it covers the box in a mist that clears everything off of the top and sides before seeping inside. The middle aged man walks over and asks if everything is alright and the male nods. "Yes, my lord. It is in fact him. Prince Quinto's half-breed will make quite the vessel. You will need to monitor him and be there to comfort him. The Prince family will do the rest for you."

Now, I find myself in a dark room surrounded by wall flames and hooded robe wearing demons. A human child is crying in the arms of a demon while chanting is being done. Once the chanting stops, the child is placed atop the coffin and it just sinks inside. The crying continues for a while longer then just stops. When the entire ritual is complete, several demons with psychic prowess approach and they nod to the leader of the ritual and they all rejoice before the child is place back in his room. The nanny who had abducted the child for the "spiritual power transference" ritual kisses him on his forehead and speaks softly, "Sleep well, Psyre. Enjoy your imprisonment, Kunashi."

I emerge from the vision in a great deal of pain, confusion, and a whole bunch of other tempestuous emotions right now, which are seriously not helping me to regain control, so I struggle, as apparent in my voice that suddenly has a more Hellenistic Egyptian (thank male version of Akasha from QotD) accent to it now, to speak telepathically to Sanzon in a very strained near stuttering voice, "Help me. Shock... lightning... me." I was struggling too hard against my own mind to clearly tell him to electrocute me, so that the pain would overpower my anger allowing me to calm myself. Hopefully, he could understand me enough as I do not wish to attack him, considering I didn't know about the mental lashing or the pain suffered by any who were drawn into the vision.

1205/11,509
Farmers - Miners - Merchants - Carpenters ( 8 )
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Vacation Isle   Vacation Isle - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:17 am

I listened to his response, and half expected it. Come to think of it, we had no real history for why the world that we knew was united under one common flag. There could have been a plague, or great disaster or something that could have caused the humans to band together for their mutual survival. These cultures weren’t dead, they were preserved. While I had to agree that they were no longer active, this interference may be exactly what cause them to disappear. I could not read the immediate future, but I knew that in my future there were no tribes or warfare between the human sectors. There were mass amounts of crime, extortion, political tyranny and other types of warfare in its stead. Another light yawn would escape my lips while I watched the sun reach the end of its destination. The skies were a beautiful shade of orange and pinks, something that I did not see in the city that often. What would have made it even more peaceful, was not the massive amounts of screaming the other spirit was now giving off. Turning my body, it floated backwards away from him while I got to witness him transform, more forcefully than the last time, into his beast form. I watched him, wondering what was going on, but then got to have a little glimpse of his visions. It kind of gave me a headache to be quite honest, so I broke my vision away and back to the water. As long as he didn’t attack me, he was fine to have a mental breakdown whenever he wanted. I bet the guy was overworked as it was, that whole conquest thing could be a bit tiring. I figured it would be pointless to debate the subject with him anymore, there were far too many inconsistencies that he could argue back, and easily defend his purpose. All that I could do was tag along for the ride and help minimize casualties along the way.
“great..”
I watched him writhe around in pain, all while flying, and that was pretty amazing. How he had the focus to keep in the air while going through all of that was beyond me, but he pulled it off fairly well. I honestly wondered who would come out on top in a fight if it were straight combat, and none of that mental crap. To be quite honest, I hates psychic powers, and believed them to be a dishonorable form of fighting. I had preferred to use a form of combat where I would be able to take them apart systematically, just as an art form. How much pain can I inflict on someone before they die, that was the ultimate punishment I would give to anyone who crossed me the wrong way. With a simple request coming through, I pondered on whether or not to fulfill it. Maybe this was a possession, and it wasn’t really him saying that right now. I questioned it for a moment before realizing that it would be best to just ask questions later, when I had the chance. The game plan from here was simple.
Slowly exhaling, the energy inside of me would be filtered, splitting into a positive and negative charge. I would move the negative charge into the right side of my body, with the positive one in the left. Thrusting them as far apart as possible, I had to make sure that he would stay down if I hit him. This would also be a testament to him that I could back my words up in combat, and wasn’t just for show. Pressing forward, the now highly refined energy would be prepared for usage, and split across my body. The external would be positively charged, while the inside core would be negatively charged. The result, a void of spatial lightning that would force a shocking jump to anyone who came in physical contact with me. Not wanting to give that writhing thing room to counteract, my body would flicker from view for a moment before reappearing at a forty five degree angle above him. I knew that he would probably hurt himself if he stayed in the air, so I figured it best to knock him as hard as I could down towards the sands below. At least they would give him a little bit of padding on the impact. My left fist, already drawn back, would be charged, so that when I used my fist of the gods, it the charge would jump to his body. Upon reaching that point of contact, the energy, now displaced, would force the spirits own internal energy to go hay wire. I had used a variation of this technique earlier in the village, but used the ground as a catalyst to transport the electricity, while this time it was done directly through physical contact.
The muscles would immediately cramp from the charge, while the other fist would deliver a solid punch to the same place directly after wards. The shock of the punch [kitasu pao], would be directly between the wings, knuckles into the shoulder blade. I would specifically avoid the spinal column for hesitation of crippling the other spirit. I had no idea if his physical body was strong or not, but I had used this take care of entire building sides in the future time while in a fight. Hopefully, he wouldn’t have any hard feelings, but the excessive force was for the best... I didn’t want to use either, but he had actually asked for it. Another sigh came out of my lips while I realized that I probably could have just shot him with a lightning bolt or something instead of wasting so much energy on him in this way.. damn.. I had already shown him enough of my lightning techniques, and at least this way it was behind him, so he couldn’t really see what I was doing at all.. saving grace for what might be something really, really dumb.. guess I should go down there and see how he is..

Tech :
Wordz : 1,020/10,226
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vacation Isle   Vacation Isle - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:59 am

What was taking him so long?! When my rage is this uncontrollable, it is much harder for me to control some of my spiritual arts powers. When he enhances his speed, I am able to keep up pretty well between the Speed of Syte and Omnivision powers, so when I see him finally prepare the attack, I realize that the Atma Visphota power is about to release. Right when I am worried that it will release, I feel surge of electricity thru my body. My muscles all tighten up and I grin at the sensation. I had always been against lightning due to the fact that I had heard that lightning could interfere with my psychic powers, but this actually felt good. When my body locks up, I try to figure out why he is going to try and punch me and why he hasn't used any real lightning or something. Upon impact, I have a better understanding of his reasoning. He was much stronger than I had expected if he could channel that much force into a punch and the pain that runs thru my body does exactly what I want it to do, which is serve as a sort of emotional reboot. Pain can trump anger when one is trying to focus themselves. My body is sent towards the ground and as my body transforms back during the flight down, I land on the beach with a palm strike and kneeling. The palm strike releases my rage in the form of a release of the Ugra Pama power.

To be honest, this was a pretty dangerous gamble and experiment because I did not know that it was going to work. With a deep exhale, I cleanse myself and take some deep breaths before I get back up. I would look up at Sanzon and speak telepathically, "Thank you. Good punch by the way. I am sorry that you had to witness that." I continue catching my breath waiting for the kami to come closer.

351/11,860
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Vacation Isle   Vacation Isle - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 2:08 am

I looked down, knowing that both strikes on the other spirit had been successfully placed. I wondered how his reaction time would be so quick, especially after being paralyzed.. hhmm.. maybe the form changing would break that.. It was an interesting thing to witness, and although it slightly confused me, I didn’t worry about it. I would just have to put more force into it next time. He had landed safely, so it seemed, on the beach. Floating there, I crossed my legs and pulled them up in front of me again while leaning forward. He was a peculiar spirit.. what would he do if he one day cracked on his people like that.. what an instable ability he had.. then again, what in the hell triggered it? Oops. Was it something I said? My bad. On the other side, I wondered if the lightning had affected him at all, or if he was, like Domen, bluffing the entire hit. Thinking more about it, you really could not bluff being paralyzed.. which I guess is why he wasn’t standing up yet.. Oh well.. I guess I was thinking to myself far too much again.
Looking down at the other spirit, my body would slowly float down and around, keeping a steady arc towards his front. No way in hell was I going to just waltz right over to him. If for anything else, I would already be prepared for him to come at me, just in case. Maybe he really did need a lightning bolt, and if that was the case, I would be more than happy to oblige in sending more pain his way. I heard him speak, giving me a token of appreciation for inflicting pain on him. No need to apologize, we all get stressed out from time to time.. but that looked to be a little more than just work stress.. oh well.. again.. rambling to myself. Then again, had this happened before, or was this the first time. Maybe he needed a nice powerful close guard to put his ass down when he went all dirty crow on them..
“thanks. .. chicken nugget!.. you all there?”

Tech :
Wordz : 361/10,587
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vacation Isle   Vacation Isle - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 2:31 am

Instead of rising to my feet, I elect to just sit down on the sand and relax. That Ugra Pama release had created a nice little crater around me, so I sit down in it. Stretching out I feel several bones crack and feel my muscles stretch. When he asks if I am all here, I fall silent. Did I even know the answer to that question anymore? What did I just see and what am I or hell who am I? I look at the sand then out at the water as the sky begins to darken and the moon starts to take center stage. Knowing that I can't just avoid the question, I give the best inconclusive answer that I can manage, "That is not my first rage flare. I have been getting better at controlling them. You could say that they are a side effect of my banishment. This was by far the worst out of battle rage flare that I have experienced and even then there was only one in battle flare that I gave in to the rage. I guess it's a really good thing that you are not annoying b/c my primary thought was to not kill you and the only way that I know of is electricity as it numbs my thoughts since for some very strange reason, I enjoy the sensation that one gets when a surge of lightning flows thru my body. It makes no sense whatsoever to me since as you can tell I am a spirit with psychic prowess. So... yeah... this has been quite an eventful yet productive day for us. So what do you plan to do now?" I force myself to not think about the image or person who triggered this flare and just let my mind and body rest for a bit.

322/12,182
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Vacation Isle   Vacation Isle - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 11:17 am

The question had been pretty much like a sobriety test from the future. He had given me solid cohesive thoughts with little effort, and was now recovering in the sand. Floating over, I would drop from the sky before plopping into the sand across from him, right outside the little crater. The sand was nice and warm from the day, but slowly cooling. It felt amazing underneath me, so I had to brush it around and play with it a bit. The sun, now beyond the horizon, left us to an open sky. There were a few clouds here and there, but you could still see forever from the moonlight. Leaning back, I listened to his explanation of electricity, and it made sense that it would occur that way, especially since it hindered the nervous system. I could have used a separate technique that targeted that one, but that one was not really a favorite of mine. Sighing, it made me think back to the city, and of Lauren and her family. Since I had left her side, I had become the boss of an organization, opened up an Academy, and started research and development on humans. I kept playing with the sand until a question came my way.. What was I going to do now..
“I can’t go back yet.. I want to have a solid influence here, and expand my own organization in both times.. I don’t want to actively rule here, but I want to support kingdoms who are doing something I believe in. I know that you mean well, but your methods are archaic, and there are better, more strategic ways to conquer the humans that will not seem like conquering. I could scare their entire village off of this island, without setting a foot down there, and then we just put up runes or signs that warn of our presence. The fear of it will keep them away, and no harm will come to them.. its things like that where I believe I could be of use to you. I can’t just stand by and let another spirit openly end human lives for his own personal gain, especially if I can help with a better method. There is always a better way.”

Tech :
Wordz : 377/10,964
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vacation Isle   Vacation Isle - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Watching him play in the sand, I begin to wonder about him. He is so nonchalant and without a care. I look up and listen to him as he explains things to me and grin when he calls my methods archaic. For the future, perhaps, but for this time period, I believe I am right on par. Also, he speaks like one unfamiliar with the current state of Onitoshi as well. That is the way of the land there and here. Seeing only one response, I rise from the sand and brush myself off while walking towards the water.

Looking back at Sanzon, "You are a soldier of peace and a guardian. My people are bred in battle..." My voice paused for a moment as I thought on the term "my people" but I force the nagging question out of my mind to continue. "To you, my methods are not the way as they will bring added death and suffering to the mortals. I have no desire to be a true god to them. Absent and an imaginary entity that they cannot see or hear except thru messengers of mine. You see though, to me, your methods are soft and boring. What fun is there is conquering without a battle? Also, your way will result in more revolts or forces being more willing to test your forces' ability. My way, there is resentment for a while, no doubt, but once they are assimilated, they do not think to challenge me. Not because of my powers as a spirit, but b/c of what I am willing to do to achieve victory and domination and b/c I enjoy it." Looking down at my hand, I exclaim, "Crap! *displeased sigh* Bah! When you go back to the Wattu tribe, could you... nevermind... I left the damn jug of nectar!" Shaking my head, I look at the water and inquire, "Sanzon, water is a powerful conduit for electricity, yes? Are you skilled at water magic then?" It seemed like a sensible pairing to me at least. I wonder how the reports for production are going. Everyone is working so hard back at the outpost, but that shipment from Tara Mura needs to arrive already.

392/12,574
Farmers - Miners - Merchants - Carpenters ( 9 )
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Vacation Isle   Vacation Isle - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:33 pm

A sigh escaped my lips while I listened some more. He was an interesting one, and I really wondered whether he was posing as a god, or just as a higher being. What he did have, however, was incorrect. His assumption that I was willing to avoid all battles was far from the truth. As a guardian of the heavenly coast, I looked forward to battle more than anything. The problem was that I had become bored with them over time. The humans had nothing that could really touch me, and conquering a little village tribe was not a battle or a war, it was simply extermination. That was where I drew the line. He was not engaging another superpower for dominance; he was cleaning out the island to make way for his own plans. I knew nothing of the other world since I had been thrown down after the betrayal from my brother. My gaze would change, slightly, to pure anger for a glimpse of a moment, before returning to my normal, carefree appearance. Digging my feet into the sand, I relaxed..
My interest changed when he said lightning. That was a subject I could talk about for days on end without growing tired. What did water magic have to do with it? Water was the force of nature that I had an advantage against, while Earth was my weakness. I wondered if he had the same ability that I had.. but I had not seen him before.. hhmm.. Taking the small jug from my belt, I tossed the water over to him. When I drank water, it would heal me. What did it do to him? Speaking of the Wattu tribe, I wondered if I could scare them away, or even make them follow me to the other land. Get them to the other side of the mainland and rebuild their tribe before developing it economically. There were so many things I could do to make money here that it was ridiculous.
“Nah.. I can’t do jack with water cept electrify it.. and it is a great conductor for my electricity. Why?”

Tech :
Wordz : 354/11,318
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vacation Isle   Vacation Isle - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 11:59 pm

Nodding to him as the small jug flies over towards me, I simply reply, "One would hold a strategic advantage to compliment their primary magic with a secondary magic that benefits it. Hence water to compliment your lightning. I enjoy field control, so I learned some white magic to compliment my psyche powers." The jug would still be floating in the air on its own. I would send it back to Sanzon without drinking, "Water is not something that I have a taste for right now, but thank you for the offer." My thoughts are all over the place right now as there is so much running thru my head right now.

I think about the outpost and standing here looking at the water, I find myself thinking upon strange emotions. I actually really start to wonder how I could improve things for them. I begin to feel a deep sense of sorrow in the essence of the island. "So much pain here. I must bring more pain before I can flood this island with happiness. There will be more blood and there will be more death. It is a necessary sacrifice for you to be great and beautiful." I kneel down and pet the sand. My eyes raise to the water and as I focus on it, I can almost feel myself drift into it. "The essence of magic is so pure on this island. It is incredible." I reach out towards the water and a small ball of water starts to form before it splashes down and I laugh out loud. "I see... that is the secret."

285/12,859
Unlock: Water Package (-2500)
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Vacation Isle   Vacation Isle - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 12:33 am

That made little sense to me. If you were strong against one element, and knew that you could compliment it naturally, then wouldn’t you want to focus on what you were weak against. Thinking about it, I didn’t have much control over my weaker element, the earth. Then again, I knew that I could physically overpower most of it if necessary. Water, on the other hand, was not something I really cared for. It wasn’t the amount of power you had, but how you used it. I had a small arsenal of base abilities, but they all stemmed from one basic concept, and that was my utter mastery of lightning. I had no need for things other than that, since my lightning could protect me from most anything, and what it couldn’t, my speed could. Shaking my head, I watched him slow the little water satchel before tossing it back to me. Damn psychers.
“the more beautiful the sacrifice, the more beautiful the result..”
I sighed before floating up to my feet. This island was magical, I just chose to not let it influence me. That form of free power could be poisoning to ones disposition. That type of free energy could tip the scales of light and dark, and I preferred to keep myself seated firmly on one side.
“Its getting late..” .

Tech :
Notes : Assassin JC 1-5 [-1,250] | Acrobats +1 Level [-1000] | lytning commandant | guard of the coast | acrobats again
Wordz : 230/11,548
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vacation Isle   Vacation Isle - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:31 am

Since he was behind me, I would not notice the confusion on his face in regards to my suggestion. I understood it though, perhaps, we would discuss should the topic of elemental magic be raised again in the future, which I am sure that it would. When I hear him speak, his words catch my ears and I repeat them in thought. "Beautiful sacrifice equals beautiful result." Nodding as I think on it, I let my mind wander for a moment as I acknowledge the time and leap into the air. I look down at the water again before saying, "You are correct, we should return to the outpost. They are probably worried that I've vanished again. One of the last times I had a bad rage flare, I was gone for nearly a week. That was when..." My voice trails off as I remember that that was when my visions began and I have been plagued ever since. As a spirit, I do not require sleep as a mortal does, but as a psion, things are better when I allow my mind respite as it can ease my emotions better and has helped me to control the frequency of the rage flare and even suppress them at times. Smiling over at Sanzon, "You know what, you should spend some time exploring the island for yourself. If you wish to remain at the Outpost, I can have a room at the Inn prepared for you and you will be able to come and go as you please. There are some errands that I need to take care of in preparation for the coming weeks, but I would definitely like to discuss strategy with you before making my final decisions on how I will handle the Wattu. I will tell you now to save your breath in regards to Wurin. He and all of his ilk will die under the might of my army. They will annihilated to the point that even memory of them as anything more than the last obstacle in the Unification of Mandira will be forgotten." I feel so much lighter when I'm in the air. There is just something so serene about being in flight while going home.

390/13,249
Hone: Movement - Acrobatics (-1750)
Mandira Revenue Collected x2 (-1500)
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Vacation Isle   Vacation Isle - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:45 am

I dropped out of the air at his words. A room at the inn.. nah, I had been able to get by with naps here and there just to let my energy recharge. I could stay in and out while waiting on my estate to be built. After all, I had enough finances to provide for that at least. Adding into it would be easier done than said. The night was beautiful, and I wanted to spend it among the clouds and getting a feel for the island. The topography had me interested, and there was a decent bit of exploring to be done in the center of the island. I had a peculiar feeling about that place, and there was something quite interesting going there. I had no idea what it really could have been, but I had to figure out what it was. Laying back in the sand, I got comfortable before giving him an answer.
“I thank you for your hospitality, and your village for theirs. I will be back in the morning, I have more exploring I would like to do, and will probably need a shower when I return.”
Did they even have showers? Either way, that young bath girl was on the list for people I wanted to see again. She was kind and gentle, not the type to do anyone harm even if provoked. There was something about her that reminded me of Lauren. Maybe it was her gentleness, or maybe something else.. either way, I needed to see her again. The simple thought of her put a smile on my face. Leaning my head back, I sighed.
”oh.. take this..”
Pulling the side satchel up, I would toss it over to him. Inside was another 4,000 that he could have. I had no need for the human currency, and could pretty much take anything that I needed for now. I didn’t eat much, and sleeping was wherever I felt like it. Thinking back to what he had mentioned earlier, I thought about the reason to learn Earth magic.. maybe I had found a reason to do so. . hhmm.. Shrugging, my body would lift up into the air to float across from him. I wanted to head to that tribe, and take a look, and observe them in their operations for a day or two. I had questions, and wanted to understand them from their point of view before their existence ended, and they were assimilated into another culture.

Tech :
Notes : Assassin JC 1-5 [-1,250] | Acrobats +1 Level [-1000] | lytning commandant | guard of the coast | acrobats again
Wordz : 453/12,001
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vacation Isle   Vacation Isle - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:02 am

Nodding to him, I would not hinder him or his plans or even ask where he was going. I figure that when he returns, we will catch up and find out how his explorations went. When he throws me a satchel of coin, I look inside and smirk, "Keep this up and I'm going to feel compelled to have a larger estate built for you. Ha ha ha! I do appreciate your input, Sanzon, and while we do not know much about one another or why we hold so firmly to our viewpoints, I do believe that I will come to count you as one of my trusted advisors. Enjoy your vacation." With those words, I shimmer out of sight as a dark column of light swirls around me.

Making it back to the outpost, Kiera happens to be waiting for me in my strategy room and I look over at her. "What is wrong?" She approaches me and her face looks like she is about to cry and I ask again but with more worry this time, "Kiera, what is wrong?" She places her hand on my chest and tells me that she felt such overwhelming pain from me. "It was so strong and all around you and then I felt such rage. I don't think I have ever felt that much rage from you. I thought you had been consumed by the darkness." I hug her tightly and tell her that I will not abandon her and that my campaign is almost complete to secure the island and that she will be safe when I have finished that. She tells me that she is safe now. "My Prince, the mortals would not dare challenge you now. Wurin makes no real move against you. He attacks the borders with weak feints in order to maintain appearances to his men. You have victory, so what is this truly about? No matter how much pain and suffering you put others thru, my Prince, it will not numb your pain long enough to hold."

I look at her and there seems to be nothing that I can say to combat that b/c she is correct. "I cannot harbor this, Kiera. I cannot channel it into anything. I am fueled by so much rage and hatred that I can do nothing else but unleash it. There is no challenge here! And here I am trapped. This is like a giant cage and I swear to you that I am losing my mind here, Kiera. I continue to have these visions and this most recent one tonight was the most painful of all as I saw me as a child having something called a Kunashi trapped inside of me by some dark magic ritual. What is happening to me, Kiera? Make all of this make sense." My youth is once again quite apparent as she and I remain in this embrace. Everyone needs and expects such strength from me all the time and I just want to get back to enjoying my life though right now, I don't even know what my life is. Everything seems to be one lie after another. Kiera sings to me and I find myself filled with a soothing sense of peace coming over me. I hadn't heard her sing in the months that we have been here. We vanish to lay down in my chambers. My mind sets aside the carnal desires and just savors this moment of peace...

- EXIT RP -

615/13,864
Farmers - Miners - Merchants - Carpenters ( 10 days )
+2 Farmers = 100
+14 Carpenters = 89
-5000 Shinny for 1000 Wood from Tara Mura

Food = 800
Stone = 500
Shinny = 21,000 (-5000) = 16,000
Construction = Wooden Wall for Outpost (NE R2), Medium House 1 Complete, Medium House 2 190/200

Mandira Revenue Collected x2 (-1500) = 2330S (Lord Taxes)
Strategist JC 1-5 (-1250) = 3000S
4200 + 4000 = 8200S from Sanzon
= 13,530 Shinny to Mandira Funds

For Mukhya:
EXP = 4364
PWC = +13,864 to Lord
- 5 TEXP for Package

Training
Hone: Movement - Acrobatics (-1750)
Hone: Spiritual Arts - Ugra Pama (-1750)

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vacation Isle   Vacation Isle - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vacation Isle
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2