Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wasting away again in Paradise

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Wasting away again in Paradise Empty
PostSubject: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:13 am

Wasting away again in Paradise Pbhead

I yawned lightly, trying not to fall out of the tree that had become my temporary home. Clothes hung neatly across the branches around me, giving me a nice warm night of air to relax and enjoy. Bugs had tended to stay away from me, since I was a glorified bug zapper. I needed a shave, and some real food. Finally figuring my sightseeing was at an end, it was time to return to Mandira. There were still two more days before the southern Wattu tribe would be wiped from existence, and I wanted a chance to relax and observe the other spirits homeland. I had agreed with what he was doing overall, just not the methods of it. On the other side of it, this gave me a chance to not only invest in what he was doing, but get a huge chunk of estate out of it. I had my own purposes for wanting to assist in his colonization, and that was to expand my own underground business to here. The artifacts here would fetch a huge price in the future, all I had to do was be a part of culture as it was being lived. The hard part was keeping the future technology out of here. If I could bring a car back here, I would, but that may throw off the entire space time thing by interfering with a technology not yet here. If they progressed too quickly, then our own time may be ruined. The thoughts of all that crap made my head hurt. Oh well..
I yawned before lifting off the ground and getting dressed. I wondered how that young bath girl was doing. I hadn’t seen her in.. a while. And that was more than enough for me. Looking one more time towards the center of the island, I again dropped a lightning bolt into the trees, clearing a nice section of branches so that I would be able to find this hidden place again. I was pretty sure, without a doubt that the other spirit would want to come here. Pulling my body across the trees, it wouldn’t take long before I came within sight of the other settlement. There was a significantly more noticeable amount of construction than last time. It was amazing what five days could do in terms of building and work ethic.
Twisting, my body would fly towards the ground before skidding to a stop in center square. Slowly, my arms would raise above my head to stretch while I yawned.

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz : 424/424
Wasting away again in Paradise Pbfooter
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:16 pm

I stood in the courtyard of the Prison Compound and smiled as eight young maidens, dressed in dark robes with scarlet leather armor underneath the robes, kneel before me. At my flank is the ninth and most dedicated of all of the Khuna Apsara as she was my first and strongest, she is known to the Sisterhood of the Khuna Apsara as the Pahali Malakina and her name and rank is Eka. Her second in command, Do, is knelt in the front with the remaining seven flanking her position. Nodding my head, I give the signal for them to rise. "You are the First of my Khuna Apsara. You are the Executors of my Divine Will and Enforcers of Mandira. Rise and drink of my wine and of the blood of spirits."

The maidens rise and step forward in order of rank. The Pahali Malakina, Eka, and the Premika, the one in charge of breaking and preparing new recruits to become Khuna Apsara, Do, are the first to drink out of the goblet. Next is Tina, then Cara and Pamca, followed by Chaha, Sata, and finally the newest recruits to complete their training, Atha and Nau. That was the hierarchy of the Khuna Apsara. With the unification, more recruits will be brought to the Sisterhood and their ranks will grow. This is my foundation though. This ceremony commemorates the end of the old life and the start of their new life as the warrior maidens and operatives of their Yaksa.

When it is over, the maidens are released to have fun and party with Dainos' "ambrosia kids" so that they could experience a day of relaxation and stimulation. Eka is told to remain and enjoy herself as well because tomorrow would bring the beginning of their journey under me as tomorrow we would begin the preparations to head off for battle and handle the strategic planning for the campaign. The time had come and my army was set in position to begin. I leave from the compound and fly towards the outpost HQ to begin planning out the positioning of my forces in order to deal with all of the threats, nuisances, and obstacles.

377 WC
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:54 am

I kept stretching while hovering slightly above the ground. For some reason, I had a strange melody stuck in my head, from a song I heard on the radio in the future. What a strange time it was for that to happen here. Oh well. I smiled with my normal, carefree personality before heading straight for the inn, and the bath house. Landing outside, I wondered why the other spirit hadn’t been here. Shaking the thought from my mind, an index finger pointed into the air before firing a single, weak bolt up. It would be nothing more than a blue crackle of light, worthless in my opinion, save to open up a can of soda or electrify tea. The point had been to let the other spirit know I had returned, regardless of where he was. With that done, I would lower my arm and walk inside. My clothes, the special ones that had been made, were dirty from the five days in the forest and exploring the island. Bending my arms backwards, the top would slide off my upper body before dangling around my waist, revealing a set of muscles that could only have been forged in the heavens. Shaking my head, the blonde strands of hair would fly backwards, landing out of my eyes and giving me a proper sight for what I wanted.
“I need a bath..”
My left hand reached for the sash that held up the rest of my clothes. With an amusing gaze, I watched their look, wondering where their thoughts were.

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz : 260/684
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:20 am

One of the errand boys for the command center had been passing by the inn when the "signal flare" had been set off and he quickens his pace towards the command center to inform me of Sanzon's return.

Inside the inn, the young madam greets Sanzon, "Welcome back, Lord Sanzon. The Yaksa told us that you would be traveling. A bath? Certainly..." The madam called for the servant girl that had been assigned to him last time since they seemed to get along. After a few minutes, she emerges from the back in a gown with a basket of supplies and upon seeing Sanzon she smiles fully. She bows to him and speaks, "Please, follow me, Lord Sanzon." The bath servant would turn and head towards the back.

At the HQ, I am meeting with three of the merc captains who lead forces under the banner of Mandira. "So we have primary targets here and here that will need to be engaged before we can move the main force to attack Wurin. Once these bandits are neutralized, the attacking units can either join up with the assault on Wurin's village or hold their position and maintain the two regions." Looking at the map and visualizing the progression, it reminds me of football, as the two bandit forces are to the west and east and have to be moved out of the way to allow the main force to pass by unhindered on the path to the main enemy. Now to be honest, I don't have to take this extra step as I can easily keep them out of the way or just slaughter them as the army moves by, but I am curious to see how the army would do if I do not engage in the battle. "It would probably be smartest if I send Kali and a unit to attack one bandit camp while I send Valkrist and another unit to attack the other camp. While they handle that, I will lead our forces to Wurin while Sanzon will go on his diplomatic mission to the Wattu. For his safety, he'll have a companion. Once we are done with Wurin, you three will secure the village or what's left of it and sack it, then erase it from existence. I will meet with Sanzon to see how the Wattu matters goes."

The boy rushes into my planning room and speaks, "Yaksa! Yaksa! Lightning... the Lightning Lord has returned." I grin at the boy and tell him to bring him to me and make sure to bring some food and nectar up here for all of us. The boy nods and runs off.

461/838
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:42 am

I smiled at the sight of the same young lady who had helped me out last time. I hadn’t even responded to the tile of lord or whatever it was. It sounded nice though, but the only thing on my mind was that young lady. With myself already half undressed, I followed the young lady down the hall to the same room I had been in before. Without waiting, my clothes dropped before my body lifted into the air, my arms moving in a slow motion fashion before diving straight into the tub. I wondered how big of a bathtub they could make.. I was definitely thinking of a hot tub victory party. Maybe the other spirit would know if that were possible here. After all, he wanted to turn it into a party town after all. I sighed while leaning up to let the girl to her job. The days were getting closer, and I had not come up with a better plan for that other tribe. I had been able to leave them without harm the first time, but I was not so sure that it would be possible again. A deeper breath would come from my lips while the water around me pulsed with electricity. I didn’t even notice what I had done until the young lady received a minor shock. After a smile and apology, I would explain that my mind was elsewhere. Great..
Yawning, I finished the bath before floating up and grabbing a towel.
“can you have the clothes cleaned for me? I need to go elsewhere..”
Before she could answer, I would depart the room in the towel, floating casually towards the main entrance. There were a few questions I had to ask, and one of them dealt with that their magic seer lady. I had a feeling that she may be an issue when I return. The tribe was given one week to take a knee to their hostility, or I would return. It was a simple gesture, and I really didn’t even need to give it. However, it was a courtesy that would not happen twice. If they were to stand against me, and even strike out towards me, I would have to deal with them like I do everyone other dirty creature in existence.

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz : 384/1268
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:32 am

The young maiden, Yuko, is pleased that he seemed to remember her. She tends to her duties and bathes his body first then washes his hair for him. It isn't until she goes to rinse him that she feels the shock. It causes the muscles in her left arm to tense up for a moment before relaxing and she shakes her head at him. "I am alright my lord. I am sure that you have much on your mind. The village is tense and preparing for battle and since you have returned, I can only assume that you have done so to aid the Yaksa in the coming campaign." She continues with her duties in silence. When he gets out of the water, she quickly turns around. She smiles at his rashness. When he asks about his clothes, Yuko giggles and says, "Your mind truly is bogged down with its worries. The servant came in and collected your clothes a while ago. They should be drying over the steam pit now." She is truly fascinated by the simple usage of magic. There is a villager that has the gift of fire so his job is to provide and manipulate fire in the village, so he makes rounds to utilize his gifts.

She hears Sanzon's steps exiting the room and sighs, "Again with the nude traveling." She turns and exhales with a thankful praise of the fact that he is at least wearing a towel. She grabs a robe and chases after him again. The primary thought going thru her mind, "Please don't let her see him!"

282/1114
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 10:59 am

Stopping in the hallway, I would turn around to thank her again for her services. I had a feeling this would begin to become a common occurrence for me if I stayed here. Taking the robe to keep her out of trouble, I would tie it around me waist, and let the top fall down around my waist. Now that it was taken care of, my body would lift up and fly at full speed through the building to the entrance before exiting into the large courtyard. Twisting, I would slide onto the front area next to the command quarters. I was sure he knew I was back by now, and thus had no problem walking straight in.
“morning peeps”
I would stretch again while thinking about that fire user. It was an interesting thing to be able to twist flames. I may have to learn how to do that one day. There were a few other things that I had wanted to do, but my latest interest was the large amount of heavenly magic that had returned to me. I also had a lot to report on. I was able to visit the other tribe and observe it for a bit, and even take a chance to mingle with them for a bit on the shore. The Wattu were mostly a peaceful group of people, and I was confident I could end the problem rather quickly.

Tech :
Notes : Merc Job 5/5
Wordz : 240/1508
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 4:49 pm

The boy runs up as Sanzon takes to the air. His head drops as he turns and sprints back towards the Outpost HQ. The boy takes several shortcuts and cuts thru buildings and meetings on his way back to make it right before Sanzon. The boy speaks, "Lightning... lord... here..." The exhausted boy falls over and I smile at him. My mood had been improved these last few days primarily by the work that was being done. There was the Hejar mission as well as some training that I did. The visions had come back fiercely, especially a few days ago, but I choose to think on other matters. One of the guards picks up the boy and lays him on the couch in the next room before returning to see the spirit already in the room. His greeting and attire makes me shake my head with a chuckle. Watching him reminds me of old memories, when I had few cares and concerns about anything other than enjoying life and its many experiences. Now I have much more to be concerned about.

I nod to Sanzon and go back to the maps. "Here is what we know. The bandits are light infantry and archers, but not trained in sustained combat. So we send two units of shield infantry at them to distract the archers. Send our Blade Dashers on a raid style mission against the archers. With them eliminated, the bandits will either surrender before the stronger force of the shield infantry or be slaughtered. Kaze, can your unit..." Kaze interrupts, "You already know what we are capable of, Chief. You are the one who helped convert us to this Blade Dasher style." I smile and nod. "Sanzon, would you use that strategy or what would you suggest something different?" He had told me that he was skilled in military tactics and warfare, so I am curious as to see what his style of assault would be.

348/1462
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:34 pm

All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved. That thought stayed in my head while I watch the small boy taken over to some other place. Whatever.. Approaching the other spirit, I listened to his plan while observing the other, I guess military leaders. There were a few things I watched for in this plan, and one of them was simple. He was not using the terrain to his advantage. I had a few thoughts on what could be done here, and figured it would be best to play off of the terrain.
“Hence that general is skilful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skilful in defense whose opponent does not know what to attack. What this means is simple... With your military force rivaling theirs, it would be much more beneficial to make the most of it. Take your Blade runners along the coast line and behind them, with one unit of the shield wall. Send the primary unit through the jungle. Due to the thick expanses I have observed, they will be unable to get any decent shots from their archers, nor tell the number of soldiers you have. This simple problem will give them doubt and frustration, pulling their focus to the front lines while you sweep behind. Not only will this leave an empty village to conquer, but you can keep the bloodshed localized to one area. When word reaches the Wattu of the swift, decisive victory with minimal casualties, their routes will be either your soldiers, or us. Simple, clean, and flawless.”
I took a breath while pulling my legs up, and folding them underneath me. My body would float there in a relaxed state while watching their response to my idea for the battle plan.

Tech :
Wordz : 320/1828
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 8:37 pm

As I listen to the opening quote, I just grin as I have heard that before. It was written by a military philosopher of old. Interesting indeed. His plan would require the use of three units instead of two, but could very well work all the same and could provide less casualties. I don't really care about the amount of casualties as that is the benefit to conquest... you can replenish your reserves that way. My eyes continue to scan the model and I inform the captains, "We will use Sanzon's strategy against the camp that Valkrist will assault. I will send Kali to the other base with my plan." I pause for a moment to address Sanzon moreso than the others, "The Wattu? They will be dealt as soon as I finish my annihilation of Wurin and his entire village. You truly have grown soft towards them haven't you?" The Wattu are just another tribe in the way to me. He seemed to have some feeling to save them from my wrath. The chief's daughter had her opportunity. Her older brother would be dying, I figure, but I am curious to see what the father and middle son will do. I follow up my first question with another to test his kindness, "If the bandits surrender, would you spare them and assimilate them or would you execute them all to make an example?" This is a true test of his kindness and his resolve to doing what is necessary. I cannot afford an officer that would allow my enemies to become a festering wound or a cancer to attack me from within.

289/1751
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 8:47 pm

The entire strategy laid out against the bandits would be more than enough to send a larger message to the Wurin clan. If they got word that all of the bandits had been swiftly eliminated, then despair would have a higher chance of kicking in. Despair was the poison of morale, and with it, you could end a battle before it even started. I had stayed a fair distance from that tribal settlement, but still observed what I could. There had been many things that I had noticed ,and one was the design of territory across the lower half of the island. With this in mind, the bandits would fall, followed by the Wurin. This would completely surround the Wattu, giving them no choice but to surrender peacefully.
“ If.. no, when the plan against the Bandits is successful, you can do the exact same thing against the Wurin tribe.. From there, your enemy, the Wattu, will be completely surrounded with no where to go. Why march to war if there is no hope of victory. While my methods might seem weaker than a straight onslaught, the thought of crushing their hope is much more amusing to me. Let the poison of Despair kick in, and watch them crumble from within. Those who still want to fight will come out willingly, and you can have your slaughter.. as for the rest, Why kill what you can enslave.. the women and children can be shipped off to the mainland to work for your economy, while the men will be enslaved here, giving a new social class. Even that is generous, and any who cross that line will be swiftly executed, publicly. If necessary, I will burn their skin to ash myself.”
Hopefully, that would be the answer he wanted. When it came to conquest, I believed in the most efficient way of doing it, even if it took a bit longer. Each life was important, and could be used in one way or another.

Tech :
Wordz : 333/2161
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 11:34 pm

I actually pause for a moment to consider the use of slaves. I was generally not a fan of utilizing slaves b/c I knew full well that slaves could be utilized to turn against the masters. It was a strategy that I myself had employed in Onitoshi. We planted seeds of distrust and hope for freedom in the minds of the slaves of a target. Once the attack was ready, they were my primary target. Release the slaves and prisoners and they make for quite the distraction within the enemy troops b/c even if they are unarmed and fully outmatched, they weak and thin the defenses of an enemy. I had no intention of dealing with that myself. The other conflict with following this is a geographical one. I respond, "I own no territory on the mainland nor do I see the point for added conflict immediately following this campaign. My concerns currently do not extend past Mandira's waters."

One of the merc captain addresses me quietly and says, "My Lord, the land to the north of the island is essentially yours for the taking. There is a village that could benefit greatly if it were to ally itself under your rule and there is a small port village southwest of Mandira on the coast behind the small mountains. You could use that for some purpose. Perhaps, you should not dismiss his idea so quickly."

Looking at both of them, I move over to another table with a map on it and call everyone over to it. "Show me." The merc captain points to the village north of the island. "They have a quarry there that can produce ample stone for construction. It create direct channel between that village and the outpost here. The port village is here on the coastline. If Lord Sanzon's suggestion is possible then you can bring that village under your wings' protection and he can relocate them there." I look at Sanzon then at the captain and for a moment, I let a feeling of distrust make its way into my mind. He is suggesting for me to enslave one group of the Wattu and Wurin, while he will relocate the others as their liberator and I remain a monster in their eyes. He could use the Wattu Tribe against me later. I did not know him well enough to understand his true intentions in all of this. He had given me coin to assist but perhaps that was a ploy to lower my guard. I could shake the possibility or the potential threat, but I do know that the best place to keep a potential threat is very close to you. I comment to Sanzo, "Well even if I were to utilize this relocation plan, they will need to be governed as I have no intentions of allowing them to regroup and rise against me."

504/2255
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 11:58 pm

I plan on bringing my own powers from the future time to assist here, since there is valuable history for rewriting our history. I thought about it for a moment, not even realizing that there were already locations and settlements ready for the taking. Watching the captain move, I let the two of them finish before continuing what I was originally going to work towards. There were certain parts of the plan that were going to be an easy way for local dominance to take effect. I preferred industrialization as quickly as possible, and this plan would allow for that.
“You told me you wanted to make a mecca, a private island of permanent entertainment.. to do that, you need a port city on the mainland. With this made, you can not only run your own private economy, but the waters in between. Build up a navy, and control everything around you. This not only allows you to have a safe means of economy, but builds your economy. The people want to come here for vacation, now they have to pay you to get here. You will control the entire system from the ground up. As for the slaves, I don’t care what you do with them. I was giving that as an idea for cheap labor that you don’t have to really take care of.”
If I had wanted to come here for destruction, I would have waged an open war. There was no reason for me to do something so needless at this point. Thinking about that for a moment, I would then refrain from taking the course of action that I had thought of. This would not be the time to discuss that. All I wanted was my estate on the water so that I could watch the sunrise.. when it came down to it, I was an extremely simple to please individual. I had no loyalties, save for to myself, but would assist anyone if it was beneficial to me.

Tech :
Wordz : 331/2491
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:09 am

Scanning his surface thoughts, my paranoia finds itself lacking which causes me to frown a bit. There is something that I can quite decipher, but it has a strong presence in his mind. It is something that he is thinking about quite a bit, but it is ignored as I find what I am truly looking for... his ambition. I suppose I should be pleased that nothing brings me to believe that he wishes to overthrow me. At the same time, his thoughts show no true loyalty. He is basically a mercenary in principal. I, for one, can respect that. Considering that it is the path I come from. While I know for a fact that many of my employers did not trust me, I never betrayed them. I will afford him the same benefit of the doubt as I was when I was a mercenary. The third merc captains speaks up in a joking manner, "I see you are still just as paranoid and calculating, Lord Krodha." I turn and look at him before returning my eyes to the regional map, "Any sovereign that is not paranoid is a fool. Paranoia is what always kept you safe and me one step ahead of our enemies and treacherous employers." My facial expression takes on the visage of deep thought. I address the group, "There are 9 units of soldiers under my command. One is for defense and is the largest with 100 warriors. We have the 2 bandit camps which will require at least 2 units each. These expeditionary forces to bring the northern coastal village and the port village to the southwest under my sovereignty will each require a unit of soldiers. I want an auxiliary unit in place fresh and waiting for the signal to attack the Wattu Village. They will hold their position until given the command to march. That would leave a mere two units to assault Wurin's village if we coordinated all attacks at once..."

What I desire is total victory. I do not want a long drawn out campaign in all of this. I look at the merc captains then at Sanzon. "You three are being promoted to Commanders. Toyo, you will follow Sanzon's strategy to assault the northern bandit camp. Yoko, you will follow mine and eliminate the southern camp. Emis, you will travel to the northern village on the mainland and handle things there. I will send Kali to handle things in the south. Valkrist will remain here while he is healing up. The village has no threaten of attack, but I want him around just in case since I am splitting the defense unit and taking 1/2 of them with Sanzon and I to deal with Wurin. The other way to make an enemy overestimate your force and let fear strangle them is to skillfully attack several areas at once. Wurin no doubt has scouts and spies all over this island, so when ships with troops are spotted leaving from the outpost's coastline and the messengers from both bandit factions send word of attack right before he is attacked himself, he will wonder just how powerful my army truly is. First, we will see how the Wattu battle plays out and we will decide then what the best course of action will be. Slaves or prisoners." Turning to my new commanders I reply, "Toyo, Yoko, prepare your forces to deploy. You attack tomorrow evening. When the sun sets, so does the time of the bandit camps on this island." The two commanders grin and nod to me. They salute before turning to leave with just the three of us remaining.

646/2901
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:21 am

I stood up, bringing my legs to a folded position under me while I floated there. The towel, still wrapped around my waist, was night and light. I would definitely be taking one of these back to the future with me. A light sigh came from my lips while he gave out the commanding orders for the short campaign. I wondered if I would be able to single handedly take out the entire Wattu problem, if there happened to be one. One of my other concerns was whether or not the other had any type of naval vessels. I was suited for ship to ship combat, and had taken all of my time in the heavens guarding the coast line there. Any leader who is not paranoid is a fool? I am a leader of my group and have no paranoia at all. It was absolute trust and power that kept me alive. Those under me knew they would be unable to lay a finger on me unless I absolutely allowed them to. Knowing that, they served me for a greater cause, knowing that I would lead them into a new world. This was part of my overall plan, to bring my own form of control into the past through assisting the leaders here. I could funnel funds and labor into them, and in turn could get what I want out of it. In this case, a beach front property was my goal. Soon, that would be successful. To be absolutely honest with myself, there was not a single bit of concern in my mind right now for that Tribe. They were an ancient, archaic people who would be better off dead and in the spirit world than here suffering at the hands of their own kind.
“I will be at the Wattu tribe two hours before sunrise the next day. This will give them time to think about it. By the time that your campaign is over, the night will end, and they will be all alone. Leave your defense here, their presence is unnecessary. I have no doubt that I can handle the entire tribe on my own. Besides, it would leave them in their place of helplessness, and I would hate to get any of your soldiers caught in the crossfire. I can’t protect them and fight at the same time.”

Tech :
Wordz : 400/2891
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:58 pm

Hmm... I pause for a moment and consider his suggestion. Nodding my head to Sanzon, I reply, "First, you will accompany me and the main force to oversee the attack on Wurin. I think having another commander's evaluation of their performance will prove valuable when I begin their training regiment after this campaign. Two hours before dawn, you may leave to pay your visit to the Wattu preceding my arrival. I will arrive at dawn. The Chief's daughter and child son are not to be harmed. Should she elect to betray my benevolence, I want her and the boy alive when I arrive."

My attention next turns to Emis who asks what terms he can deliver to the northern village. I look at him with an interested look on my face and he speaks, "My lord, I would advise against such an absolute stance. Might I provide a suggestion as to the terms I am to offer?" I look at Emis and smirk before I nod for him to proceed. He nods in response and continues, "Well they are avid fishermen also have the western mountain quarries near them providing for stone. Instead of enslaving them, why not allow them to open trade with the island villages? Primarily with the outpost to start, but once you begin to establish more villages on the island, they can expand their trade with them as well. You can also allow them to enlist in your military forces. This will allow them to protect themselves from bandits. If we establish a trade channel between them in the island, it will allow for troop transport giving us new training grounds around their lands. They will feel include in your territory and you will have more loyal workers and soldiers." I reply in question, "So basically, I am pledging to protect them and provide transport for them to peddle their stones and goods to the island and in turn I get the goods that I need and an increase to my work force and military force. I get that regardless and they will remain loyal because I am the Yaksa of these lands." Emis looks at me, "Krodha, your ambitions require much of your focus. A distant village can sow seeds of discord while away from your gaze. You lose nothing and they will love you instead of simply fear you. Besides, if they displease you, you can easily tighten your grip on them. Will you at least allow me to attempt this?" I shrug and nod to him. "Sanzon, which would you prefer? Is it better to be feared or loved by your subjects?" I have heard that question asked to me before but I can't place where. This is rather annoying.

486/3387

OOC: We'll be moving to the campaign in the next couple of post. I figure we can write the bandit camp assaults as solos or just reference them in the opening posts of the attack on Wurin.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 6:37 pm

I nodded at his compromise. I would now attend the attack on the bandit tribe. if successful, it would create the illusion of a much larger, more stronger military presence. My attention would then transfer to one of his subjects, probably an advisor of some sort. He had a decent idea, but in my eyes it would not be able to be accomplished if a human were overseeing them. A human would be just another person like their own, easily bought or killed. there was nothing to say that they would not betray their kinsmen at the idea of their own personal territory or army. If it came to that, it would be a civil war with unnecessary bloodshed. With that in mind, I floated there, bringing my legs up and crossing them in front of me while I hovered a few feet off the ground.

"Feared or loved? I would have to go with Loved.. it lets you do things in the background that wont be questioned.. if you are feared, them there will always be a displeasure with your subjects. His idea would be possible, were he not a human. If you want them to follow you willingly, and if that is your wish, then I will remain on the mainland to watch them. That ideal will only work if they are under supervision of someone of our power, not just another human. The second you put a human in charge of humans, corruption will take hold."

I would speak the last sentence while planting my gaze on the human whos idea it was. it was nothing personal, i just knew that humans were incapable of managing their own without putting themselves above their own laws. Regardless of whether he was loyal to his "yaksa", he was still just another human.

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz : 303/3194

Last edited by Antifreke on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:43 pm

Emis shows me his ability to serve as a good diplomat when he nods to Sanzon, "Corruption is a possible outcome, my lord. I do not think it matters tho whether it is a human or a yaksa. Either can attempt to threaten the Lord's power and authority. I would say, that it is necessary to be both feared and loved by your people, my lord. Master Sanzon is right in thinking that being loved will allow for your more questionable decisions to go unquestioned but if your people do not fear you, love will only take you so far my lord. They must fear the reprisal of your displeasure. It is at that point that they will obey and they will police themselves. I am not a governor, nor do I have aspirations to be one."

I look up and wave my hand in a dismissive manner. "It is of no consequence to me, gentlemen. Emis, deliver the terms. Let them know that I will allow them to live peacefully under the span of my wings, but should they prove unworthy of such compassion, I will decimate them without prejudice. Prepare your convoy." Emis bows and salutes before he leaves to prepare for his diplomatic deployment.

Now it was just Sanzon & I. "Enough of the battle discussions for now. We'll see to the final touches tomorrow, so tell me, how was your vacation? I hope you enjoyed the sights of my island."

259/3646
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:16 pm

Interesting response from the human. I had to disagree, but I would not argue the point further. I did not expect a human to understand wisdom that was the far beyond their years. A light sigh would escape my lips as I folded my hands behind my head. With the other spirits dismissal, I wondered if this would go easier than I had hoped. It seemed like all of it would, but with that in mind, there was always something that could go wrong. With me, that was usually the case. My ears would perk up a bit when he asked the question about my little vacation. Man, did i have a lot to report on...

"well.. I watched the sunrise on the east, and the sunset on the west. I observed the other villages, played with children, and then went for a flight.. where I found something rather amazing.. in the center of the island is an old village. The ruins are still there, even though they are overrun with the jungle. I felt a strange spiritual presence when I went there.. we may want to go check it out after your campaign has reached completion.."

Tech :
Notes : merc 5/5 [1,250 words]
Wordz : 200/3394

Last edited by Antifreke on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:01 pm

Ruins of an old village in the center of the island? Why have I seen no such place? True granted, I had not seen much purpose in traveling to the center since like he said, it is pure jungle from what I have seen and from what my scouts' have reported to me. I smile as he tells me about the sunrise and sunset. "They are quite the beautiful sights to behold. I find it allows you to start your day at peace and end the first half of the day with contemplation and reflection before moving on to the night." I chuckle at the thought of him playing with children. "Sounds like you had a fun time off. I am glad to hear such. Well, Sanzon, relax and get food and such. I must tend to the preparations for the campaign. I have a lot of logistics to cover. We will leave for Wurin's village around dawn. I figure the attacks will last the bulk of the day then it will be over. Also, put some clothes on." I smirk with that last comment as I rise to exit the planning chamber. I sensed the approaching presence of one of my Khuna Apsara, which let me know that I was about to be requested. "If you require anything, there will be a maid sent to look after you." With that, I step to head out, but before I can leave, I am greeted almost instantly by Eka, who is walking in as I had planned to walk out.

277/3923
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:10 pm

"get it?"

I turned to float around while my feet landed lightly on the ground. A smile crossed my face at his comment about the clothes, but I really preferred to walk around in the least amount as possible. He had dismissed the ruins as a small thing, but I knew they were more than that. The civilizations layout was far more advanced than anything I had seen in this prehistoric shit hole, and that meant the possibility that there were spirits who had been here much longer than our occurrence here. There was a power there that I had never seen before. Looking down at my hand, it curled into a fist before crackling with energy...I would bring my attention to the young human girl before floating over past him. There was much more involved in this matter than just a little bit of "oh, thats nice.."

"Just come outside and take a look at what I learned, just by staying a day there..."

Tech :
Notes : merc [1,250]
Wordz : 167/3561

Last edited by Antifreke on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 12:00 am

Eka turns my attention back to Sanzon. "Yaksa, he wishes your attention for a matter." Turning back to Sanzon, my eyebrow perks up, "Hmm? Get what? Yes, you had a good vacation. I commented on that. Is there something else that I am missing?" Eka's thoughts tell me that her matter can wait so I nod to her and tell her that I will be with her shortly. She nods and when Sanzon asks me to follow him out, I do because he seems to trying to get me to focus on something. What he learned by staying a day there? Was he speaking of the ruins with the strange spirit signature? He actually visited them? Even so, how does this prove to be such a pressing matter for him? Whatever happened there seems to be important enough to him to stop me from handling logistical duties, so I'm intrigued as to what he wishes to demonstrate. "Very well, let's see what you learned."

178/4101
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 12:06 am

"something so great that even I am amazed.. I hope you have insurance.."

I wondered briefly if he even knew what that meant. This could be a really, really bad idea on my part. Oh well. Now that I had his attention, and of the other, I figured it would be fun to demonstrate the kind of power that this place held. I dont really know what caused it, I just know that there was a strong barrier, and when I touched it I felt my entire body pulse with energy. There was a strange form of electricity that had been coursing through my veins, and I felt far more in tune with it than I had ever before. My body would fly out to the center of the ground before skidding to a stop. Turning to face the two of them, my right arm came to the sky, while my left one pointed to the ground..

"temptation of the thunder gods, power and glory to you..."

Slowly, a dark cloud would begin to swirl above me, spreading quickly across the area and blotting out the sunlight. Within a few moments of the swirling, electrostatic charges would fill the area, stunning every living thing before the rain of lightning poured from the skies like water. The area 40 feet around me would feel the full brunt of it before I pulled my arms in, releasing the storm into nothing. I had been able to control it, and could make it last as long as I wanted, as long as I focused on it..

"that was just a day... and i can make it bigger. "

Tech :
Notes : merc 5/5 [1,250] learned -2,500 experience, storm of light!
Wordz : 275/3838

Last edited by Antifreke on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 12:45 am

Walking out of the building, I watch as electric energy builds in the area. I could feel the hair follicles on my arms and the back of my neck begin to rise. Soon he performs a few hand motions followed by a chant. As the dark cloud forms, I glance at it before looking at him. I place my hand on Eka and she would find herself teleported outside of the large cloud's radius. I would stand there as I am curious to see just how powerful this new power of his is. When the attack begins, I ride the sensation of the energy surge running thru my body. It seizes my mind's natural control as the feeling overtakes me stopping me from moving or doing anything else for that matter. What is it about electricity that I enjoy so much? I can feel pain in this, but I also find some sadistic pleasure in it as well. When the lightning barrage hits, my body's natural defenses are in full effect and the power sends even more energy into my body and it is at this point that I realize that I need to find a way to channel energy from enemy attacks. When the barrage stops, there is a borderline crazed, satisfied look in my eyes as I regain control. I look around us at the destruction caused and I lift into the air where my body ceases movements and begins to glow with a new dark gold aura that seems to flicker from time to time as if it is trying to maintain its radiance. Spiritual energy particles that actually look like white and gold avian feathers begin to "drizzle" down over the damaged area. (Restoration) I find that I cannot seem to move, but I can communicate telepathically with no problem.

In response to his remark, I reply via telepathic connection, "Impressive. After the island has been brought under one banner, I want you to take me to these ruins. I would like to see them for myself now." With the storm dissipated, Eka makes her way back over. She seems poised to attack Sanzon to defend me. My voice is broadcasted as if spoken aloud "Eka, stand down. I am not harmed and the damage is not a problem. I wanted to see what he could do." Eka obeys but does not take her eyes off of the other spirit. Her loyalty and resolve to even stand against a fellow demigod to defend me is truly breathtaking.

442/4543
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 12:53 am

"agreed.. I want to test it at full power against that village.."

A smile came across my face as I watched the entire area restored. It was an interesting ability that I had never seen performed, though I had heard of it. I had not been paying attention, and had seen the other human returned, in a more angrily fashion. With her lifting a weapon like stance towards me, I dug my hands into my pockets. Thankfully, he ordered the stand down. Not like the human, even at her best, would be able to lay a finger on me. I wondered if he had demonstrated the difference in strength between our kind, and theirs. Maybe I would ask that sometime. I really need to learn that telepathic talking crap, it would be pretty handy for stealth missions and the like.

"I can make it a lot larger, and a lot stronger.. did it have an adverse effect? I am still getting a bearing down on it. Sorry about the damage.."

I would apologize again while watching the golden feathers and white light blanket the area. Good thing I didnt do it at full power. At least this way I didn't harm anyone. Come to think of it, I wondered if it did any damage to the other spirit.. I knew domen had shrugged off my attack at full strength, even though it had damaged him. Maybe the other spirit could do that as well. I would ask him someday when we had more time.. I stood there, while my stomach growled. It seemed I was hungry after all..

"Now.. about that meal.. and I think another bath is called for... while eating... "

Tech :
Notes : Merc 5/5 [1,250] -2.500 experience, storm of light!
Wordz : 283/4021

Last edited by Antifreke on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:34 am

It would take a while longer before I could move, but after a few more minutes, I am free to move and my body lands on the restored earth. I smile at the feeling of the earth beneath my feet. Nodding to myself, I place a hand on Eka to calm her as I speak verbally this time, "As I said, Eka, I am fine. Test it on Wurin, not the Wattu unless you can ensure that there is no collateral damage to the faithful. Besides, I am intrigued to see the full effect of that power." I pause for a moment recalling him apologizing about the damage and I smirk looking around the area. "What damage? Do not worry about trying to get a bearing on certain powers. The one I just used is fairly new to me as well. I must bear some trust in you, Sanzon, for what I am about to confide in you. My powers have been off since I was trapped in this realm. I have new powers that I do not completely understand and some that do not seem to truly fit me as I am. I have been having strange visions about what I can only describe as someone else's life, but feels so real to me. I need to make sense of all of this, but I haven't had the time due to this campaign. Meh. No matter. Even with my powers on the fritz, I will ensure that this island is united under one ruler within the coming days. Enjoy your meal... and Yoko." Eka tells me that my attention is needed elsewhere and I nod to her. I look back at Sanzon to see if he needed me for anything else before we would part ways to see to our own affairs.

322/4865
Train: Support - Restoration (-1750)
Train: Defense - MToughness (-1750)
Job: Strategist 1-5 (-1250) = 3000 Shinny
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 11:01 am

Interesting.. that might explain his freak out mental breakdown from before. Something told me that the ruins in the center of the island would much better for me to reside than here, especially if i could break the seal on that door. After watching him reassure the human again, I popped her a carefree smile. I was glad to hear that he wanted to see it at full power, and I bet that it would be great to walk through an area with a storm floating above me. There were endless possibilities for me to use with this storm, and I looked forward to being able to test it in the field, especially now that I had verified the mental hinderance it caused. That sorceress witch would bear us no problem now that we could stop her mental prowess from getting in the way. turning, my body rotated, allowing the towel to float up a few inches before dropping down again. Time to get some food!
"Nah, enjoy your evening, and see you in a bit!"
With that said, I would head off in the direction of the bread smell, still wearing my towel. I was perfectly comfortable in this, and anyone who dared get me to put clothes on before I had food would get the shock of their life.

Tech :
Notes : Merc 5/5 [1,250] -2.500 experience, storm of light!
Wordz : 221/4242
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:45 pm

Updated - Mukhya
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 1:24 pm

Updated - diy board, sanzo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wasting away again in Paradise   Wasting away again in Paradise Empty

Back to top Go down

Wasting away again in Paradise
Page 1 of 1