Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The nature of the beast

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ero
Veteran
ero

Male
Number of posts : 742
Rep! : 0
Registration date : 2009-10-27

The nature of the beast Empty
PostSubject: The nature of the beast   The nature of the beast EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:21 am

Kuna was back amongst the library and had picked up three different books. One was about mystic animals, one was on smelting techniques, and the last one was on occult magics. The language was again a throwback and was difficult to read, but he found it easier too then asking a lot of simple questions too the priests who maintained the grounds. He didn't want to pester the priests too much with what they probably thought were pointless questions. Kuna tucked the books underneath his arm and started walking out too the desks where other priests were researching religious texts on Merkus and his teachings. There were a few hurried glances too him as he opened the first book on the occult and began reading the archaic texts.
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female
Number of posts : 2348
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The nature of the beast   The nature of the beast EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:00 am

The nature of the beast Seijpb_01
There were several thing's upon her mind as she was thinking about. Mostly though what was on her mind was that dream she had about her dear friend High Priestess Kazakura. She was quite busy and was tired mostly it was coming from the mental exhaustion that she had been through lately. So she took her moment to take a break at the library for a few. She would stop in there and just take a seat, not really concerning herself with getting a book, mostly just to relax a little bit.

Word count: 92
The nature of the beast Seijpb_03
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: The nature of the beast   The nature of the beast EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:12 am

Kuna looked up too see the high priestess entering the library and the few hushed whispers of greeting and respect from the monks that were there. *She looks tired.* He thought to himself wondering if he should go over and talk to her, but it looked like she had come in here for something other then reading. His blue eyes swept back down too the text he was reading. The book really didn't contain details of any gruesome rituals, mostly on the appropriate signs and incantations to defend ones self against curses and the like. He was not going to be able to learn anything from this book. A little sigh escaped his lips as he closed the book and set it too the side. He reached up for the one describing mystic animals and opened it. Immediately, he could tell that there was much more information course he would need to verify the contents of the book eventually. "Mystic animals are a cross of many different animals species." He whispered to himself as he drew his hand across one of the illustrations of a fusion between a lion, eagle, and bear. He wondered what kind of magic or natural process could produce such animals. "Strange and wondrous creatures for sure."
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: The nature of the beast   The nature of the beast EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:22 am

She sat there and sighed softly as she stretched her neck just enough so that it made a cracking noise. Though she closed her eyes after she did that and just sat there possibly making an attempt at napping while sitting down, though it wasn't really going in the way that she had desired as she couldn't fall asleep. Several people that hadn't said hi to her and walked by her stopped to tell her hello and she would open her eyes and give giving them a simple wave. Though she thought she heard the words mystic animals and looked around, looking around though she had come to notice that Kuna was here. IT kinda bothered her that he did say he was no scholar, yet he was within the library.

Word count: 131 | 223
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: The nature of the beast   The nature of the beast EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:35 am

His mind was rapidly devouring the information, and he had finished the first chapter, when he looked up. Kuna could see Seijin looking at him, which he thought was odd. His blond locks shook dismissing it from his mind as he tried going back to reading, but it was not really possible. He took a small slip of paper to mark the passage which he was currently trying to read. He pushed himself away from the books and picked up all three of them, and Kuna tucked them under his arm. The blond made his way over too the high priestess, and he gave a little bow too her. "Is there something wrong priestess?" He asked hoping that there was nothing wrong with her, or that he had bothered her in some way.
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: The nature of the beast   The nature of the beast EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:44 am

She blinked when Kuna looked at her and her eyes shifted away quickly, nervously glancing back at him every other second about four glances before she stopped and turned her head and eyes away from him. Her hands lowered down to her lap as she took in a deep breath and then turned her head when she felt someone neared her. Looking toward's the person that had arrived she noticed it was Kuna. Listening to his question she shook his head. "There is nothing wrong kind sir. Why do you ask?"

Word count: 91 | 314
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: The nature of the beast   The nature of the beast EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:54 am

He almost cocked an eye in question at her activity, but he chose a more verbal response. "It just seemed like you are out of it, and the look you gave piqued my interest." He would say putting books down on the opposite side and taking a seat across from the priestess. Kuna regarded her critically for a second before saying, "You look exhausted, temple duties getting more stressful?" He asked knowing that stress was well documented for shortening ones lifespan and lowering ones immune system. "If its stress then you should take time to relax since it can take a serious toll upon your health." Kuna would say as he rested his hands calmly upon the pile of books. A silence would settle amongst them while he waited for her response.
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: The nature of the beast   The nature of the beast EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:09 am

[quote="Kaguyalover"]
She tilted her head and gave a smile while she shook her head. "Oh no, it's just several thing's that I have going on in my mind that's just wearing me down today is all. I am quite alright I just needed a moment to clear my mind." She looked at him and really wondered what was his angle on what he was doing here in this time. For what reason was he suppose to be here for. She kept her hands upon her lap as she stared at him a moment wondering what was his response was going to be.

Word count: 101 | 415
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: The nature of the beast   The nature of the beast EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:20 am

His eyes studied her for a few moments before he intertwined his hands together to regard her calmly. He wondered what those things that could weigh so heavily upon her, but he refrained from asking. He picked up the book on mystic animals and showed her the cover. "I made mention of the fact that I wanted to study a few things, or at least I think I did." He scratched his chin at that. "Anyways, I just going over the selection of books you have here in the library; thought, it would help me blend in amongst the rest of you if I knew local customs and cultures of the time. Admittedly some of the books I am reading are to indulge my curiosity." He would explain; though, Kuna still wondered why she had given him that look in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: The nature of the beast   The nature of the beast EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:03 pm

Most of her mental exhaustion falls upon her dear friend high Priestess Kazakura and her safety and her current where abouts. Last she spoke with her was in that dream last night. Though it wasn't certain if the dream was just as that, a dream or if it was an actual connection. High Priestess Kazakura entering into the world of dark, it bothered her, it worried her and made Seijin want to do something ridiculous such as go into the dark with her. She looked towards the book that he showed the covered to. She blinked "Mystic animals?" She was confused as to what brought upon this interest in the mystic animals. Did he have some sort of contact with them? There really shouldn't have been such a large amount of information upon those rare creatures. "So your interest falls upon the Mystics?"

Word count: 143 | 558
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: The nature of the beast   The nature of the beast EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:47 pm

*She seemed to have spaced out for several moments there.* Kuna thought to himself with a slight mental sigh. She finally came too and responded to his comments. "It just seems to be a book of collected legends, but you got to figure there is some grains of truth in them if you've got spirits running around and the like." He responded. The blond brought up the back of his hand and rubbed it wondering what he should say next, but he was not sure given how the girl acted. "I did not want to say anything, but it seems that whatever is weighing on your mind. You should go and talk to somebody about it, might help you know." He said while he brought his hand down to rest on the top of the book while he listened to what she said.
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: The nature of the beast   The nature of the beast EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 8:59 am

Listening to his response he seemed to act a bit awkward as if something was occurring that was making his responses slightly difficult to ask as if unsure of what the person would be feeling. she responded as she straightened her back. "Do not worry about me, I shall be fine. So you stated the book contain's various legends about the mystic animals?" So it's a book of legends and myth's then, that was quite interesting. "Have you started reading into it?"

Word count: 82 | 640
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: The nature of the beast   The nature of the beast EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 6:36 pm

Kuna gave a slight nod to what she said. "Well, just as long as you alright." He would say as he looked down at the book. "Actually, yeah you caught me just beginning to read it." Kuna would say as he picked it up and slid it over to her. "It's odd seeing animals like that and not thinking of them as spirits; especially, I think having seen one a tiger bird hybrid. The animal was also domesticated too. It makes you wonder how they came about in the first place." He would say to her. Kuna scratched his chin as he regarded Seijin. "Have you spent a lot of time with these mystic animals before as part of your duties for the temple?"
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: The nature of the beast   The nature of the beast EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:48 pm

She blinked listening to him state something about a tiger bird hybrid, that sounded oddly familiar to High Priestess Kazakura's pet, Seijin tried to remember the tiger's name was it Kaleas? Seijin would notice the book was slid over to her and she couldn't help but pick up the book and open it just to flip through a few pages while she listened to Kuna. There were some crude painting's of some of the animal's and various descriptions of what some looked like. Seem's like the mystic animal's were seen quite often yet kept their home a secret. she stopped looking at the book though when Kuna asked if she spent any time with them. she blinked and shook her head. "There aren't any mystical animals within this temple so I never spent any time with this as apart of my duties." Of course she didn't mention she been to their realm, which was a secret place that they only allowed for her to enter.

Word count: 165 | 805
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: The nature of the beast   The nature of the beast EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Kuna gave a slight nod of his head as he regarded her. "Ah, well I was just wondering if there was more then rare sightings of them or not, and wondering what knowledge you had of them." He would say as he leaned back in his chair. "I just wanted to look a few things up before I left back for the future." The blond said as he leaned forward. "There are probably a lot of things that I want to see, so I will probably come back after awhile." He said as he propped one hand against his chin to lean on it.
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: The nature of the beast   The nature of the beast EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:09 pm

Sent to UYB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The nature of the beast   The nature of the beast Empty

Back to top Go down

The nature of the beast
Page 1 of 1