Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Job?

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82
Registration date : 2009-01-02

A Job? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: A Job?   A Job? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 2:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

[Lance: A Job?]
Again, Lexi had brought up the idea of me getting a job, at first I wasn't really sure about it.. I had never had a job I guess you could say, well aside from stealing when I was on the streets, but that was it. So, at first I declined idea for the most part, though Lexi did want me to help out with the bills and food so I had caved to her request. To be honest, I was afraid of getting a job.. I wasn't sure if Lexi shared my fear or if she had fears of her own that she hadn't voiced, though I hadn't voiced my fears about it yet. Lifting my head slowly, I close my eyes, letting the hot water from the shower rain down onto my face for a moment before I bring a hand up and turn the water off, having finished with the shower Lexi wanted me to take so I would be nice and clean for this little job hunt we are about to embark upon. After shutting the water off, I pushed the curtain aside and stepped out of the shower, reaching over for the towel before I began to dry off.

Post WC: 203
Total WC: 203
OOC:
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2009-01-03

A Job? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Job?   A Job? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 3:17 am

When Lance finally spoke, he couldn't have said anything more appropriate for the current situation. Even the man behind the desk seemed to think so. He had finished reading over the application and was now just listening to the Lance and myself while waiting for his turn to speak. "Thank you both for coming in today. We are a couple men short on the crew right now and an extra pair of hands are always welcome so I don't see any reason not to give Lance here a shot. You can start bright and early Monday morning. We meet here at 9 am sharp then all ride together over to the job site. We break for lunch at noon and have an hour to eat. Most of us grab some take out everyday but a few guys bring lunch from home, then we come back to finish out the work until around 5 or so. There will be heavy lifting and a lot of carting tools from the boxes to the guys, mainly grunt work and the like. Think you can handle that?" I was pleased to hear that he would give Lance the job and hoped my room mate wouldn't have a problem with the duties described.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

A Job? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Job?   A Job? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 3:41 am

After speaking up, I fell silent again as the man began to speak. I glanced to Lexi as I listened to the man, I wasn't sure if what I said was good enough or not though as the man went on it sounded as though I had said the right things. As he went on, for some reason I wanted to jump out of my seat and give Lexi a big hug but I kept my emotions restrained and as he finished I nodded some, sure I would have to work on things so I wouldn't do anything while doing the job and deal with people more then I had been use to but I was willing to try it for Lexi.. " Yes sir. I think I can handle that. Monday sounds good and Ill be there bright and early. " I knew I wouldn't have a problem with being up on time, I was pretty good about getting up when needed, the only problem I had was with getting there.. Lexi didn't have a car, or at least to my knowledge she didn't.. so we would have to come up with a way for me to get to the job, I'm sure Lexi will have a solution for the problem or already has one.. Looking away from the man, I looked back to Lexi and offered her a slight smile before looking back to the man " .. Thank you sir. " I said as I leaned forwards, reaching a hand out and over his desk to offer him a hand shake.

Post WC: 264
Total WC: 5,626
OOC:
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

A Job? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Job?   A Job? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:59 pm

The man behind the desk gladly took Lance's offered hand and shook it with a smile on his face. "Welcome to the crew. We'll look forward to seeing you Monday morning. I hate to cut this short, but I still have some paper work to finish before I can get out of here and head home so I need to get back to it. I will have your contract and other forms all printed up and ready for you to sign first thing Monday morning before we head to the job site. You both enjoy your weekend and I will see you in a few days, Lance." Since the man had mentioned having more work to do before he could head home today, I knew now was the right time to leave. Even I was starting to get hungry so I was fairly certain Lance was ready to eat as well. Rising from my chair, I offer the construction foreman a smile and my own hand for a shake, which he readily accepted. "Thank you again, for everything. I will probably come with him Monday just to make sure everything goes well, if that's alright with you of course." The fact that he would want Lance to sign papers and possibly fill some other things out worried me so I figured coming with him to make sure he got through those alright would be a good idea. The man nodded and assured me that my presence would be welcome on my room mate's first day of work. Considering the fact that the office was only a couple blocks from the apartment, and the fact that this is where they would meet every morning before going to various job sites, I hoped Lance wouldn't have a problem walking the short distance here each morning. My own job was much farther away, far enough to make public transportation necessary on most mornings, but there were a few here and there when I chose to walk despite the distance. Lance should have no trouble doing the same over a shorter distance, but I would discuss it with him once we were out of this man's office and on our way to lunch. Turning to head for the door, I wait for Lance to follow before asking what he would like for lunch to celebrate his new job.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

A Job? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Job?   A Job? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 11:22 pm

When the man took my hand I shook his in a friendly manner before releasing his hand and listening to him as he began to speak. With his words I smiled lightly as he went on, as I listened to him I glanced to Lexi for a moment before looking back to the man, nodding at what he had to say. When Lexi began to stand I did to, climbing to my feet as I glanced to her, since the man had said he had to go I guess Lexi was wanting to go now too, that sounded like a good idea to me too, now we could go get some lunch! When Lexi said she would be coming with me I looked at her for a moment before looking back to the man as he agreed to it. Once everyone was finished talking I turn and head for the door, glancing back at Lexi when she asked me what I would like for lunch. I look back ahead of me as I continue walking, slowing a bit so Lexi could come up beside me if she wished as I thought about her question. " Um.. Something that tastes good? What would you like to eat to celebrate it? " I asked, shooting the question back at her since I wasn't sure what I wanted to eat " Do you feel better now that I have a job? But.. I don't know what to do with the money.. Well.. I could buy snacks, right? " I asked, glancing to Lexi.

Post WC: 260
Total WC: 5,886
OOC:
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Rep! : 257

A Job? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Job?   A Job? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 9:32 pm

As we walked out the way we had come in and were once again on the rain soaked sidewalk, I looked to Lance with a shrug. "I don't know, I was thinking maybe we could try that new Italian place around the corner. I heard they have an amazing spaghetti and an even better lasagna. As for what to spend the money left over after your household contributions on, maybe we should wait until your first paycheck comes around to think about that. It's never a good idea to spend money before you actually have it."
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

A Job? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Job?   A Job? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:16 pm

I moved along with her until we came out side and stopped for a moment so she could get her umbrella up as I looked around some. When she began to speak I looked back to her and listened as she began to speak. I nodded faintly at where she wanted to go eat, the idea sounding good to me though any place where you could eat was good to me.. As she went on I continued to listening and nodded as she finished, speaking up " Ok.. " I said with a nod as I offered her a hand, smiling lightly " We will take care of the money stuff when I get my first check. Now, let's go get something to eat at this Italian place? " As I finished, I began to walk even if she didn't take my hand, keeping at a slow pace so she could lead us or tell me where to go so we could go to the italian so we could get something to eat. Now that I had a job I wondered what would be next.. I had asked her to teach me how to cook, or at least guessed I did in a round about way. I glanced to Lexi and wondered if she would want me to get some kind of better education and other things.. she did want me to live a normal human life. I pushed these thoughts aside and focused on the food we were going to have as I went to the Italian place with Lexi to eat.

Post WC: 263
Total WC: 6,149
OOC: End RP
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

A Job? - Page 2 Empty