Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chance Meeting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 2:01 am

No wonder quiet office workers suddenly snap one day and blow away half of their coworkers. Between the mind numbing repetitive tasks and never ending flood of inter office drama and politics, it was a miracle that more bloodbaths don't take place in corporate settings. If I wasn't such a nice, polite woman, I may have singed my boss earlier today. As if calling down to my cavernous basement filled with file racks seven million times today asking for an ungodly amount of files one by one wasn't enough to make me want to rip my own hair out; the man decided that he would stay an hour late to finish up with the files but he wanted them taken back to the basement when he was finished. Now of course, he isn't the only one in the whole building who needed files today, nor did he give me fair warning about his plan, so I had finished collecting the files from every other floor and already returned them to their correct places on the racks before heading to his office with my empty file cart to make my last collection of the day and finally head home. I arrived at his office fifteen minutes after my day was supposed to be over only to have him wave me away and tell me that he needs forty five more minutes with the files before I take them away. Since I had nothing left to do, had already finished all of my other work on top of the file collection, I was left to twiddle my thumbs for the remainder of that extra hour at work. At least I passed a bit of the time by calling home to tell Lance that I would be late and to go ahead and have supper without me. Finally the arrogant bastard finished up what he was doing and summoned me to load up the files, all while hovering over me as if it was my fault that he was leaving work an hour later than usual. As I rolled the cart away, the balding swine called out that he would need the exact same files back on his desk first thing in the morning. Of course he would, he takes an extra hour to finish with them today and still wasn't done. Mentally cursing him over the duration of my journey back to the basement, I left the files where they were stacked in the cart, figuring that I would just wheel them back up to him in the morning, and grabbed my purse out of the bottom drawer of my desk.

Since I was late leaving work it meant that I would be walking all the way home yet again, the bus that went my way had already run for the last time this evening and I didn't feel like waiting for a cab to come by. Taking off down the sidewalk I began to mull over my dinner choices. I had stuff in the freezer that I could cook, but didn't really feel much like cooking anything after the day I had. There was a cute little hibachi place on the way home that I had been meaning to try for months now. What better night to finally stop in and check it out than tonight? With the dinner decision taken care of, I headed for the restaurant a couple blocks away. Stepping inside, I make my way past the other patrons waiting to be seated to give my name and the single number in my party to the hostess. I was informed that I could be seated with the group I had just passed, they had previously been waiting on one of the large counter like tables arranged around the cooking surface to be cleaned and readied. Following the group and the hostess to the table, I wait to take my seat until the larger group was seated. A small part of me hoped no one else would come in the next few minutes to fill the empty seats on my other side. If they didn't get filled, I could move down a seat or two to avoid being elbow to elbow with a complete stranger.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 2:42 am

I never noticed how attached I am to my phone when it comes to business. My phone vibrates again and I answer it. "Location?" The voice on the other side of the phone says, "I'm at a little hibachi place near the last location. West one block, north two. Come inside. Behave yourself or the reddish gold might become more red." I hang up and realize that I already know the spot that he's talking about. I've never eaten here, but it's been suggested that I try this place. It doesn't take long for me to arrive and I find him standing right outside the door waiting for me. He smiles at me and I nod to him. I inquire, "So how is the sake here?" He opens the door for me and tells me that the best one to get comes in from the north. The best batch I've found is either the 402 batch or the 231 batch.

Source: "Dokano is the name that you'll be looking for."

I nod to him and open the door for him. We walk inside and are shown to the table. he had gotten hear first, so he had reserved a spot for me. Good nothing has been brought out yet, so they must have just sat down. Walking up to the table, I see the strawberry blonde girl and realize that she must be the reddish gold. He moves in to sit next to her and I stop him. My eyes say all that I need to say and he steps back. I look at her with a soft smile on my face and inquire, "Is this seat taken?" My informant seats down in the seat that would be next to mine. All I need to do is check out that his information is accurate and not kill him and this will be a beneficial night. The latter is becoming harder and harder.

343/343
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 3:00 am

While browsing the menu and waiting for to see if the empty seats would be filled, I am interrupted by a voice coming out of nowhere. Once again I had let myself become too focused on a solitary task and had lost track of what was happening in the room around me. I would seriously have to work on that in the very near future. A soft pink colors my cheeks as I lift my eyes to the source of the voice and tuck an errant strand of cherry tipped corn silk behind my ear. At first I couldn't speak, really couldn't, like physically was unable to form words. To say the man was attractive would be a gross understatement. He was brutally handsome, painfully gorgeous, way too good looking to be legal or even human. The only other form I had ever seen come close to such stark beauty was the good demon who used to visit with the goat legged one. After a few heartbeats, which sounded like someone banging a gong within my chest, I was finally able to make my suddenly parched mouth work again. With a shy nod, I offer the young adonis a smile. "No, sir, it's not taken. Feel free to call it yours." It probably sounded lame to this man who exuded money and power, which meant he was worlds away from my league; at least it hadn't made me sound crazy like my first conversation with Saito had. Baby steps, maybe the next guy I meet would actually think I have part of a brain in my head.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 3:20 am

I smile at her with a nod of my head. "Thank you, Miss. So what do you suggest here?" I motion towards the menu in case she wasn't sure what I was talking about. I open mine and look over at my contact. He is amusing himself with the kimono wearing girls. I am so glad that my abilities do not allow me inside of people's heads because I shudder to think what sort of weird fetishes he has. I open my menu to see what she suggests. I need to make sure that I can keep her from getting hurt in all of this and I need to keep him on a short leash so that I can use him again later because he has a good reputation for quality information at "under market" rates. That is a great combination in his business.

If she gives a suggestion, I would look it over as I would probably order it regardless of what it was. I send an email to my laptop from my phone with the information that he gave me because as the contact it comes up as Psyre Laptop since there's an email account that I only access from the laptop for this exact purpose. Information contacts are not known for their secrecy and discretion in peddling the information of friends... we aren't even friends. I'm pretty sure that there are some groups in cahoots with dark demonic forces that would like to get a hold of my private information and the contacts that are enclosed within such things. Corporate Real Estate Consulting was so much less complicated than Strategic Consulting for Defense Corporations and Mercenary Factions that work against the dark forces. Working as a medium between the two as well is what puts me in situations like this one. Oh well, it's good to immerse myself in these parts so that I can really see what I'm working to help others fight against.

342/685
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 3:40 am

I am amazed. Rather than brush me off as some silly girl, the gorgeous man continues to speak. Of course his conversation is kept proper and polite as he asks what I suggest from the menu, but it was still talking to me so I wasn't going to pass up the chance to answer him. Even though I'd never been here before, I had just spent a good deal of time looking over the options and the past month of sharing an apartment with a man had taught me a bit about what they liked to eat so I figured I could suggest what I thought Lance would have ordered and be safe. "I guess it all depends on what you are in the mood for. If you want the most food for the best deal then I would suggest the samurai special deal. It comes with the filet mignon, teriyaki chicken, scallops, shrimp, and lobster for only a bit more than the sumo special which only has the sirloin, chicken, and shrimp." Since everything came with the miso soup, salad, and shrimp appetizer for beginners and the same veggies and rice with the entree; the only true decision that needs to be made is what meat or meats you want for the main course.

After offering the suggestions to the man seated at my side, I watch from the corner of my eye as he begins to fiddle with his very advanced phone. Resisting the urge to pull out my own phone and appear to be more popular than I really was, I close the menu and lay it across the large plate set in front of me. I knew what I would be having, and also knew that more than half of it would probably end up going home to Lance for lunch tomorrow. The waitress makes her way to the table and begins taking orders at the opposite end, working through the larger group first. When she finally reached me, I ordered the sirloin and shrimp combo dinner with an extra helping of veggies and a glass of plum wine. Then I waited to hear what the successful hottie next to me would order.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 4:42 am

Listening to her suggestion, it sounded very yummy except for the filet mignon. Red meat is quite unhealthy in my opinion, so I avoid it unless I just have a craving for unhealthy eating. I nod to her and thank her for the suggestion. When I finish sending the message, I put my phone back on my hip. The waitress takes everyone's order and I let the contact order his food and drinks first. He orders the filet mignon and beef yakisoba combo dinner, which causes me to look at him with a smile. I won't have to kill him... his eating habits should handle that for me. She gets to me and I look over the different wines and ask her, "Pomegrante Wine. Yippon 93S and bring the bottle please." She looks at me and asks if I want to know how much the bottle cost and I shake my head. "And to eat, sir?" I look at the girl next to me and ask for the Samurai Special, but I would like king crab instead of the filet mignon. "Could you ask the chef to prepare it in lime juice please? I would appreciate it. One round of Sake Bombs for the table as well, except for the child down there of course." She nods and I turn to my contact. We speak softly to one another to discuss the business at hand.

"So when is the shipment coming in?"
C: Thursday at around sunset. Be where I told you to be and you'll see it."
"Anything else that the team I'm contracting should know about?"
C: "That should be it for that assignment. Be more careful about your activities here in the Lower Commons. You don't have the level of support and protection here as you enjoy in East City and Metro. You've stirred up some ill will. I figure since I like you, I should try to help keep you alive."

I ask him who out of that list of people that want me dead, how many of them know where I'm having dinner tonight. The contact tells me that that's bad for business and his health. "If people try to kill you, I might be close to you at that time and I'll pass on getting shot or blown up just because you have wealthy and influential friends." I smirk and tell him that we'll just enjoy our food and worrying about how I'm going to die later on. He snickers and nods. We get ready for the sake bombs which are being brought out. Glancing over at the young woman next to me, I smirk and shake my head, "A pleasure to meet you by the way, Miss..."

476/1161
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 3:13 pm

Being able to live freely and enjoy an evening out without constantly seeing the balance of your checking account dwindling lower and lower must be nice. The man obviously didn't just give off the impression that he wiped his ass with benjamins, but could back up the assumption by ordering the most expensive dish on the menu, including the most expensive substitution available, and asking for a bottle to be brought to the table. Other than the wine that is sold in the grocery store or the corner market, the kind that is opened by unscrewing the plastic or metal cap, I had never even had it by the bottle. I couldn't even tell you how to remove a cork properly much less order a bottle of already expensive before the restaurant mark up wine on top of sake bombs for the whole table. Just listening to his order made my wallet seize up and suffer anxiety pains. Here I thought I was splurging by ordering a cheap glass of plum wine instead of water to go with my entree from the cheaper section of the menu.

After the waitress leaves, having spotted the patron to pamper at our table in the hope of getting a bigger tip, I noticed the man next to me turn to his companion and engage in a whispered conversation. I tried my best not to overhear what they were talking about, which was no easy task considering how closely we were seated, but I managed to ignore most of what was said. The few words I couldn't ignore seemed to be related to some kind of business arrangement so that made it easier to ignore the rest, business that I don't know about usually bores me. Since I was actively shutting out the conversation between the pair of men to my side, I almost missed the smirk and comment from the deep pocketed demigod. Another blush warms my pale cheeks, as it does every time an attractive male speaks directly to me, and once again I find myself nervously lifting my hand to tuck hair behind my ear, hair that hadn't come out of place quite yet. It was a comforting motion meant to calm my anxiety. Answering him with a shaky voice, I lift my moss green eyes to his face. "Andrews. Lexi Andrews. It's a pleasure to meet you as well. Thank you for the sake bomb, that was very generous of you."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 2:45 am

Doing the calculation in my head I realize that that bottle probably costs around $100. That would be a vast "improvement" if I was saving over my favorite wine though my favorite is imported and from a very high-end vineyard. My favorite pomegranate wine runs about $200 per bottle imported. At restaurants in Metro and Northern Heights, it's about $375-400. I detract myself from the calculations of money long enough to notice the girl's bashfulness. After she introduces herself, I smile and reply, "Lexi Andrews... short for Alexis or Alexandra? You're blushing. Haha... I apologize for that. I hope you like sake bombs. You just look like you've had one of those days, so I figured that I'd help you unwind." The contact fiddles on his phone and I ignore it for the most part. I look at this girl and realize something... "Oh... forgive me, my manners. I am Psyre (sigh-ear). The pleasure I assure you is mine. Thank you for the suggestion by the way." My phone vibrates on the table, which I flip over and silence it. I was enjoying having a conversation that does not revolve around business for once. She seems interesting enough to converse with until my food arrives. The contact gets a phone call and he looks at me. I give him a slight nod and he gets up and walks over to a quiet area to carry on his conversation.

257/1418
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 3:07 am

I was almost shocked that this polished specimen of the male species was still donating his obviously valuable time talking to me. As always, when he points out the fact that I was blushing the color only grows deeper, which makes the moss color of my eyes lighten to something closer to peridot. Lowering my face, trying to hide the majority of the changes his comment caused, I nod slightly before forcing my manners to take control and respond to his question and statements. "I'm sorry, blushing is a sort of curse of mine. It happens more than I would like." My fingers drop to my lap and begin to twist the edges of the cloth napkin I had spread there, hopefully that would keep them busy enough to stay away from my hair. I didn't want to look like a nut who kept nervously tucking away hair that hadn't yet strayed out of place again. "Lexi is short for Alexis and your powers of observation are quite astute, today had definitely been one of those days. I'll be sure to let you know if I like sake bombs once I work up the nerve to actually drink it." I prayed silently that I wasn't actually gazing at the man with the same star struck feeling I was fighting. That would be downright mortifying, but who could blame me? The man comes breezing in like a movie star, with an air of confidence, success, and... well sex that was almost palpable. I was sure every woman in the place had noticed him, I could feel the daggers of envy being repeatedly thrust into my back from their jealous glares. The temperature in the room had risen at least ten degrees since he'd walked in. As if all of that alone wasn't enough to make him seem more like a man who had walked right out of some smoky edged fantasy than a flesh and blood human, the fact that he had silenced a call on his phone to continue our conversation could have earned him a nomination for man of the year. Most men would have at least looked at who was calling then gone through a moment of deliberation on whether to answer or not, but he didn't. "Psyre... that's a very interesting name. I like how it rolls off the tongue so easily, kind of like a decadent chocolate that you can't bear to lose the taste of."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 4:12 am

The playful nature that often gets me into trouble. "So it is actually Alexis Andrews. While Lexi is cute, I favor Alexis for you personally. Lexi seems more childlike and you are a blossoming young woman, not a little girl. There is no need to hide your face. You were given a compliment, so your reaction is a natural one. There is nothing to be bashful about in a natural reaction." The waitress returns with a tray of sake bombs. I motion for her to start with the group on the other side of the table. They had not been paying much attention when I ordered the shooters, but when offered, they graciously accept. I am in one of those moods when I feel like making the days of complete strangers at least a little bit better. My contact on the other hand was making me a little uneasy. I do not trust him and the fact that he's looked over here at Alexis and I more than four times is bothering me as well. I turn over my phone and quickly type out a text message. It reads:

"Do we have ears on the call and is there a shield unit in the area? I want to make sure that these civilians are not in danger by my being here. Carmina, retrieve intel from laptop. Should be nothing, but better safe than not. ~Psyre."

I place my phone back on my hip and turn back to the attractive, little green-eyed belle. "My apologies, Alexis. Business never stops." When she repeats my name, I am glad that she does not know who I am. I would not expect her to, but it would not be the first time that a female knew that I was the son of Donovan Prince. It is so relaxing being "unknown money" instead of being famous. One of the men at the other side of the table raises his shooter cup, which is a symbol to toast. The fingers of my left hand wrap around the bamboo green cup as I lift it and look at Alexis to do the same. He asks if I would to make the toast. I hesitate, but I know that he is being polite. "Let us toast to prosperity, good health, and beautiful endings to rough beginnings." If no one had any objections, I would nod to Alexis before knocking back the sake bomb myself and checking on her. I got the impression that she might not drink much. "So Ms. Andrews, what do you do and do you like it?"

461/1879
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 5:04 am

Most of the time when people prefer to call me by the name Alexis rather than Lexi it comes across as creepy or condescending. Creepy when Lance does it, especially if he's trying to touch me at the same time, and condescending when my boss does it. Neither of those emotions are brought up when the formal version of my name floats off of this man's tongue. In fact, the way my name sounds on his lips sends a trickle of warmth through those tender tissues only the demon and Lance have previously known. Allowing myself a few moments to ponder on the skills undoubtedly contained within those lips and that tongue, which of course makes the blush deepen even more and this time lets it creep down the back of my neck, I am thankful for the distraction of his clicking out the text message on his phone. By the time his attention returns to me, I pretty much have my naughty thoughts under control... though my eyes do linger on his mouth for a second or two longer than socially acceptable. Offering him a brief shake of my head and a soft 'don't worry about it', I take the small shooter cup the waitress was passing out among those seated at our table. Sneaking a small sniff of the liquid contained inside while the man makes his toast, I consider risking the humiliation that would come with holding my nose while taking the shot. Deciding that the risk of offending the nice man to my side was more than I wanted to take, I return his nod with one of my own along with a hesitant smile before following suit and knocking back the drink.

I managed to resume breathing through the heat coating my throat, without coughing or choking I would like to point out, suffering only slightly watery eyes as the outward effects of my first sake bomb. The liquid settled in my stomach and spread a warm, almost gooey feeling through my entire body. No wonder people became alcoholics, a girl could get used to this feeling if she wasn't careful. Turning my gaze to Psyre, I let out a musical laugh before shaking my head a bit. "First off, I officially like sake bombs, though more than one might be dangerous for me. Second, I work as a file clerk a couple blocks from here and no I don't like it. I hate being stuck in a dark, dank basement for eight hours a day only getting to catch glimpses of the sky or sun when I am summoned from my cave to deliver or pick up the files my coworkers need, but such is the life of entry level employees. If you want to get anywhere in the company you have to start at the bottom and claw your way through the grit and the grime to get to one of those glorious floors with a view. What about you, Psyre, what business are you in that never stops?"
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 5:38 am

Watching the girl take the shot, I grin at the sight. When she proclaims her approval of the shooter, I nod with a brief "I'm glad you like them" and let her keep talking. She's starting to loosen up and open up. My contact is still handling things on his end, so I keep moving forward with my conversation with this young lady. She tells me about her duties and it sounds like she's a file clerk. That's when it dawns on me. Seriously though, I don't know her that well. At the same time, it would be of great use if I had a normal human in the new office... well once I move into the new office. Besides, either way I can offer it. Not yet though. First I should probe a bit more because it will allow me to learn a bit more about her and if she would be a good fit with the mission and vision of PsiCoven Strategic Consulting. "Alexis, I've been wondering something. Why is it that you would stay in a job that you are not happy with? You seem intelligent, which makes you desirable for an employer. Since you don't like your job, why don't you get a new job with another company?" I pause a moment before continuing, "As for what I do, there are two primary answers. I still do work as a Corporate Real Estate consultant and I am growing my own private business, which is a firm that provides strategic and tactical consulting for business clients. We advise them on dealing with mergers, acquisitions, takeovers, and just planning for the future and implementing such plans. Sorry, I don't mean to bore you with details about my work." I purposefully leave out several details that she doesn't need to know... primarily about the demon hunter factions and units or the fact that I support both tactically as well as financially mercenary factions whose primary targets are demons. We haven't had that much to drink. The chef walks out with his cart and cleans off the grill again. I look over at the contact and decide to just leave him to his devices while Alexis and I continue. "You must fight for that office, but a wise man once told me that most people have the misconception that it's not what you know, but who you when in fact the correct manner is "It's not who you know; it's who knows you. You should remember that in the future." I chuckle lightly as I pull out a PsiCoven business card and offer it to Alexis.

461/2340
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 6:14 am

Listening intently to the man as he speaks about his business, only opening my mouth to utter a soft 'no, don't worry about it' when he apologizes for boring me with the details of his work, I find myself quite interested in what he was explaining. The main reason I had sought out employment in a corporate atmosphere was because the lifestyle appealed to me, it was something I thought I could be happy working my way up the ladder towards. Of course that was before I was stuck in the cavernous basement with no other signs of life for the majority of my eight hours spent there every single day. There were still days, though few and far between when I found refuge in the mundane task of organizing and filing, tasks I could perform on auto pilot after difficult nights. The night of my last birthday had pretty much been the death of my corporate aspirations, even before I realized the side effects that had come along with it. What kind of successful woman could I ever become when my body looked like a war torn battle zone? Power suits too often come with blouses that have plunging necklines. While a slip of a blouse that could reveal a smattering of scars on the chest of an office clerk were easily overlooked, the same could not be said for the women who are lucky enough to make it to those glass walled offices on the higher floors. When the man finished speaking, I respond immediately with a short nervous laugh.

"If it's who knows you then I'm definitely screwed at my current job. I can honestly count the number of people who even know my name on one hand. My direct superior, three secretaries from the fourth floor, and one guy from the mail room. The rest know me as 'that file girl'. The main reason I've stayed with it for as long as I have is because those of us living paycheck to paycheck don't exactly have the luxury of putting happiness before finances. I can't leave my current job until and unless I am dead certain that I have a better opportunity lined up." With the issues of my work addressed that left me free to question what he had mentioned about his own. "Hmm, this private venture you're embarking upon, it sounds like a consulting firm. Is that in the right market?" It's only after that question leaves my mouth that I look down to the card now in my hand. "PsiCoven Strategic Consulting. I guess that's answers my question, the question that now seems incredibly lame. I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 2:18 pm

I forget from time to time that others have not had a life where money was not a deterrent to pursuing one's goals. I hope I did not offend her with that comment. When you are always around wealth and success, it is easy to forget that I am quite fortunate to be in the position that I'm in. I think I can help her grow both professionally and personally. Uncle Antonio also told me that removing urban/inner city youth from their dangerous environment and showing them how the "other side" lives increases their chances of making better decisions with their life. "That was not a lame question. It would be lame to not ask at all. I have a little rule with everyone that works with or for me... closed mouths don't get fed." I pause for a moment as I grab my phone and scroll through it briefly. "When is your next day off, Alexis? I would like you to come and interview for me. I will also pay you for a full day's worth of your time. $400 for one day's time. I need an Assistant Office Manager at PsiCoven to handle the day-to-day administrative duties of the office. It will grow into a heavier work load, but I compensate my employees accordingly. The faster you can streamline my operations, the faster I can promote you and allow you to hire worker bees to handle the tasks that you don't want to do. You still have to start somewhere, but I don't use the basement. You can't learn enough down there. If you do decide to come for the interview, there is no commitment to join implied. If at the end of the day, you decide that you want to return and the Office Manager feels that you will be a good fit, the job will be yours."

The waitress returns again with my bottle of wine and a very nice wine glass. The stem has an inscription on it, which I do not read but admire causing me to smile at her in gratitude. She brings Alexis her wine as well and I ask for a second glass. "I would like you to try this one. I haven't tried this year, but this vineyard has yet to disappoint me." Giving myself a moment to stop and think, I realize that I had given a complete stranger an open invitation for an interview whenever she wanted, so long as the job remained open. Returning with the second glass, the waitress does exactly what I had hoped she would not and I could not be upset with her as it is natural to show attraction, but this would put me in quite a bind. On one hand, I was offering employment to Alexis, so that would eliminate a physical relationship, but I have been working hard to establish a more professional image of myself instead of the spoiled playboy that most see me as. Her tone of voice and the look upon her face had both changed as she asks, "Can I get you anything else, Mr. Prince?" When I shake my head no, she hands me a flyer and tells me that girls from her sorority are going there to party tonight in Metro and my friends and I are well-known in the collegiate circle for turning normal parties and wild nights. Her eyes show her true intentions with that comment. My phone vibrates and I check it while taking the flyer and handing it to Alexis. I half-lip/half-whisper to her, "What are the details of this?" I answer the call. This was in fact a partial evaluation of her abilities and also me showing that I felt blatantly hitting on a customer was poor form. The old "You have a phone call" trick would have worked better since she knew who I was. My phone is brief with another contact calling me to tell me that they may have a lead on a new contact for me to meet. I tell him to call me back when he has a definite location and description. I like to know the details of a meeting before I attend the meeting. The more I know, the more prepared I can be.

The contact I'm eating with returns as the hibachi "show" begins. I always enjoy these. Looking over at him, I ask, "Is everything alright?" He nods and tells me that he had office work to handle and some meetings to set up for the next couple of days. I smirk and nod to him. I whisper to Alexis, "Like I said, even for him, business never stops." I chuckle as I move back to full upright position and continue watching the show. The mischievous part of me wants to see if I can use my powers to make him mess up, but instead I actually help him keep from messing up. Primarily, because it was one of my crab legs and a bigger one at that, so I "nudged" his spatula so that he could hit the leg and keep it on the grill while making it dance a little. I was amusing myself a bit too much, so I applaud with laughter and let him continue on his own. Just in case, people more skilled than me were able to sense when I used my abilities.

944/3284
OOC: Probably won't be back on today, so I left enough for you to respond to. If I can get back on, I will, but today/tonight is really packed.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 1:26 am

The man had only met me mere moments before. Was he seriously sitting next to me asking me to come in and interview for a position in his company? I was dumbfounded, but not struck dumb enough to let this chance pass me by. "I'm off on the weekends, but if I need to come in during the week I could use one of the sick days I have saved up. I can handle heavy workloads and I know how to streamline operations. My first six months spent at Meirtech were me pulling double duty of passing out files needed while spending every extra minute organizing and restructuring the entire filing system. The day I started that basement was a cavern of chaos and now it runs like a well oiled machine." I didn't want the information I shared with him to sound like I was tooting my own horn or anything, I just wanted the examples of past accomplishments to serve as assurance that I could handle the position he had described to me.

When the waitress returns to bring my glass of plum wine and the bottle Psyre had ordered, she seemed to know him, even going so far as to call him Mr. Prince. Of course the name didn't really mean anything to me, aside from some tiny twinge in the back of my mind that told me I had heard the last name before somewhere. I couldn't figure out where I had heard it and considering how many people in the city, or the world, could have the same last name, I decided to let it go and just take the man at face value for now. The waitress then proceeds to hand Psyre a flyer about some party she and her friends will be attending later tonight. I hide my laughter by pretending to cough and needing to take a sip of my wine. When he hands me the flyer, I take it and read it over with a raised eyebrow. It was painfully clear that the waitress wanted the man to come to the event and join the party, not so much for the entertainment or fun the party itself could provide. There was a glint in her eyes, one that only another woman or a very observant man could detect. It was an almost predatory gleam, like she wanted to gobble him up and suck him dry... and not just his bank account. This waitress knew who this man, knew he was well off, and more or less had picked up on the scent of blood and / or money. Having just met this man, I have no idea if this is the type of woman he generally associated himself with. I didn't think it would be, he seemed too polished, too well bred to dally with such a distasteful sort of woman. I mean, come on, who really hits on a guy so blatantly while he is trying to enjoy a meal. Does the word 'discretion' not mean anything to her? Even if he was one of those trust fund playboys, it would still be in poor taste to come on to him that strongly in a public place with everyone around able to hear the proposition.

I really wasn't sure what to tell him about the event detailed in the flyer, I wasn't familiar with the location up in Metro and I certainly didn't have any experience with that particular scene. Once the waitress left the table to get the second glass he had requested, and after his phone call was wrapped up, I look to him with a shrug and shake of my head. "I'm not sure what I can tell you from this. It sounds like it will be a predominately college party. Being sponsored by a fraternity and their counterpart sorority leads me to believe that the majority of people in attendance will be fellow college students and the friends they bring along. If that is the sort of scene you enjoy, then you would probably like this event, but if you aren't into that I would suggest not wasting your time. Also, if you do show up, you may want to watch out for that waitress. She's like a hungry lioness and you are just one big delicious widebeest."

The conversation trails of when Psyre's companion returns from his lengthy phone call and the hibachi chef begins his show. Of course this is the best part about coming to places like this, the show makes the higher prices for the food worth it. Sitting back, enjoying the show and the company, I take a tiny sip of my wine. When the waitress returns with an empty glass I would gladly try the bottle Psyre had ordered, but I didn't want to drink too much of his because the more I drank would mean less for him. The chef was skilled, especially when it came to making the crab legs dance, that part made me laugh out loud. The part that came next was entertaining as well, for a little while at least. It involved the chef cutting off the shrimp tails and flipping them from the blade of the carving knife to the top of his hat and back out again. A couple of the tails got away from him at one point and headed straight for my face. I put my hand up to block them from hitting me, but another one of those pesky side effects took care of them before they actually hit my hand. To most of the people seated at our table it should have looked like the shrimp tails did in fact hit my hand before bouncing off and falling to the grill surface. Only Psyre and possibly his companion would have been close enough and at the right angle to see that they bounced off of my hand more than a centimeter from my flesh. I tried to play it off and appear embarrassed about almost being hit with food particles, lowering my eyes and shrinking my petite body farther into my chair, I watch the rest of the show with my hand folded firmly in my lap to avoid any more errant displays of power.

ooc: That's fine, you know I'll wait for you. I had to wing it with the flyer, I hope that's alright.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 2:45 am

She explains to me the details of the flyer and I cannot lie. I am not in the least bit interested in partying with that waitress. The message isn't conveyed to the degree that I would prefer, but it is good enough. I have to improve her later. I continue to watch the hibachi show and the chef loses control of one of the shrimp tails which makes a path towards Alexis. Oh damn... this is going to be... what? What just happened? Did she just...? It can't be. Obviously my eyes are receiving delayed images and that would explain why I thought it looked like the tail was in fact deflected. There just can't be that many people with powers walking around the city and if they are, life is becoming more and more weird by the frickin day! I find myself deeply intrigued by the possibility of Alexis being able to deflect it. I know it wasn't me because I'm able to exude active control over my usage and I'm calm, so I can't attribute it to an outburst. Maybe the chef is the one that stopped it. I try to play the moment in my mind again but it still seems like Alexis is responsible. The light above flickers and I realize that the initial flicker must have happened a moment ago. That is rational, so that is what I silence myself with. I get back to enjoying the show and he places my food on my plate last after he makes the rice volcano. That one never gets old now that I think about it. I pour a glass of wine for Alexis and as the glass fills, I rotate the bottle to ensure no drip and smile at her. I pour my own wine glass next and move it closer to inhale the light, yet sweet aroma of the wine. Nodding to her, I raise my glass to toast with her.

346/3730
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 5:10 pm

After the shrimp tail incident, I was on full alert to not let another slip of the power occur. I had been training the powers, secretly hoping for another chance to prove myself and my abilities to Yoji, but there were still times when they seemed to come out before I could actually think about what I was doing. At home when a plate or serving bowl were about to crash to the floor, the immediate reaction to prevent the disaster with my powers was alright, only Lance would see that and he already knew about the fire so letting him see more wouldn't be so bad; but out here in public, seated beside a man who could help me further my career, I couldn't risk it.

Through the remainder of the show I would be noticeably more quiet and reserved. My hands would stay firmly in my lap until they are expected to lift my plate to take the offered food at the end of the show. When Psyre pours me a glass of his wine and offers a smile, I would have no trouble returning the smile and accepting the drink. Moving the wine gently in the glass I would inhale slightly to enjoy the sweet aroma before lifting the glass to join in the toasting gesture offered by the man. Judging by the scent alone I would assume the man had excellent taste in wine, but would not mention this until I had sampled the liquid for myself. When it came to the toast, I would remain silent and let him decide what, if anything, we should toast to. I didn't think the either of the only two toast sayings I knew would be known by him. He didn't seem the type to be familiar with the old, 'Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree; but if we do, to hell with you, here's to me' or even the much more simple and straight forward 'To health and happiness' which is answered by the other party involved with 'To life and love'.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 9:04 pm

Very lightly tapping my glass against hers, I take a sip of my wine and close my eyes. It swishes around in my mouth for a while before I swallow it. Delicious. Opening my eyes, I can feel a sense of serenity come over me as I enjoy the taste and glance over at Alexis. "So tell me about yourself, Alexis? What do you like to do and what would you like to do?" I ask very open questions so that she can interpret them how she wants. Grabbing my chopsticks between my fingers, I scoop up my first bite of rice and shrimp to begin my meal. My phone goes off and I glance down at it. It is one of my other contacts and he tells me that he has info on the missing girl that I'm trying to locate. Aside from managing real estate and helping law enforcement with "negotiations" as well as giving my consulting expertise and assisting in corporate strategy development and implementation, I also do side work with law enforcement of trying to help with some of their more delicate investigations. The work is far from glorifying and requires me to deal with less than savory individuals on a regular basis because of it, but it feels good when a child is reunited with their family and the bastards responsible are arrested or "accidentally" neutralized. I send a quick reply back telling him that I'm listening. My business with this current contact is pretty much done and this dinner is for appearances of friendship only. I don't trust him and he doesn't like me. A great recipe for problems. This other contact though is easier to trust though I still don't and I don't much care for him either. His lack of scruples is troubling to me because I can rarely ever gauge what he's going to do next.
332/4062
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 10:46 pm

Sipping the wine I am pleased to find that his selection was easily the best I had ever tried. Swallowing that first sip, I turn to him with a grin. "You have very good taste, this is excellent." After enjoying another sip of the wine I would finally take my first bite of the food piled on my plate. While chewing a bite of shrimp and vegetables I listen to the very broad questions the man posed. Talk about your open questions. What do I like to do and what would I like to do? Those could mean just about anything, they could be work related or taken to be about recreational activities. Swallowing the bite in my mouth and dabbing my lips with the corner of my napkin, I tilt my head slightly before glancing over to him again. "Hmm... where to begin?" I couldn't exactly tell him that I like to curl up on the couch in my pajamas, watch chick flicks, and munch on bon bons. Not only would that make me sound like a total girl, but it could make me sound like a lazy one to boot. "I like to live life with some semblance of routine. Don't get me wrong, I like to fly by the seat of my pants and be spontaneous every now and then, but for the most part I enjoy having certain hours in the day set aside for work, relaxation time, and other activities. I like waking up in the morning knowing that for a set number of hours my mind will be focused on work related stuff, it's almost like a vacation from the worries and thoughts of everyday life."

Pausing for a second to take another sip of the delicious wine, I hoped I wasn't sounding too lame to the man who undoubtedly lives a much more exciting life than I do. "In my free time I like to watch movies, read, cook, and empty a few clips at the range. I haven't been in a while but I try not to let myself get too rusty. Living in this part of town, knowing how to handle a weapon is a key to survival. As for what I would like to do... that's a harder question to answer. Growing up the way I did, you learn early on not to make plans for the future, not to even build a dream future in your head. I know that someday I hope to be have a successful career, something that isn't just a mundane job but a position I can take pride in. Some days I think having a family of my own would be nice, but given my pitiful knowledge about how family should work I don't know if that would be such a good idea." Now that I had definitely given the man too much information, more than I usually offered the first time meeting someone, I was more than ready to get the spotlight off of myself and back on a more interesting topic. "What about you, Mr. Prince, I think the waitress called you? What do you like to do?"
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 11:15 pm

When she finishes, I pause for a moment. "First things first, I need to take you out for some fun. Routines are nice, but the uncertain is so much more fun. Just because you have a bad childhood doesn't mean that you won't be a good parent someday. If anything, you have quality experience under your belt because you know what not to do already and how you don't want your child to feel, so basically you just reverse engineer your childhood to improve theirs. As for your question, I'll answer that when we finish eating." I snicker and return to my food. Once the food is done, I notice that the waitress has caught his attention so I hand him the flyer and tell him to tell her that he's coordinating my activities for the rest of the night. That at the very least is a decent enough opener. If she's the type of groupie that I believe she is, she'll associate with him and possibly more, just to make her way closer to the fellas and me. Sad really, but it is a part of reality so I see no reason in going against it. He eats faster than I do, so he smiles at me and goes to talk to the waitress.

While he is gone, my food vanishes as well. Turning my attention back to Alexis, I speak, "Yes, Prince is my family name. As for what I like to do, I like making money, but more than that, I like enjoying the fruits of my labor. I like to see the people around me happy. My job is to make other people more money. I do it with real estate asset management and also by improving the organizational strategy of companies that hire me. I also help civil safety organizations as well and I enjoy that. I love to learning and occasionally I read. I don't cook much though. Partying is high on the list as well, but I've been toning it down a bit since I've taken on my new venture. PsiCoven won't be taken seriously if potential clients only see me as a playboy or the "Wild Young Prince" who is always involved in mischief. I'm beyond that stage though... my parents don't quite believe it."

I pause for a moment to refill both glasses of wine and take a sip. I speak again, "Alexis, never be afraid to dream. No matter where you begin, you can improve your destination. So, without fear of what you cannot predict, tell me, what would you like to do?" I silently signal for the check before she starts talking.

465/4527
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 12:05 am

His talk of taking me out for some fun and using my past to make me a good parent someday are flattering but embarrassing at the same time. I was relieved when he agrees to answer my question when we finish eating and allows the conversation to be put on hold so our food could be seen to. That would give me plenty of time to force the color away from my cheeks and shovel in some food to soak up the alcohol churning in my stomach. Even though I say shovel, it's more like filling a hole with a teaspoon. I manage to get about a third of the way through the food on my plate. It was a very generous portion of food, much more than I could eat in one sitting. It should make a nice meal for Lance later on tonight when I finally got home.

After I finished what I could of the meal, I sat back and relaxed in my seat with the second glass of wine he had poured. I had originally intended to refuse a second glass, I didn't want to drink all of his wine, but I didn't move fast enough when he topped off my glass. When he finishes his food and begins talking again, I listen while still sipping at the drink. His answer was honest, as far as I could tell anyway, and he seemed a bit more animated (at least around the eyes) when he spoke of his various activities. "Well for what it's worth, I've known you for the better part of an hour and you haven't gotten into any mischief or acted wild and crazy in any way, so I'll have to disagree with your parents for now."

The last words he said before signaling for his check were some that I had heard before, but could never allow myself to believe. It seemed all too easy for him to dream or become what he would like to be, hell he was already part of the way there; but for a girl like me it was a very different story. When he asked again what I would like to do, with the new qualification that I remove fear from the equation, I know that I could feed him some standard line about anything off the top of my head, but I didn't want to lie to him or mislead him. I was quiet for a moment, formulating my answer, and when I did speak my voice was soft and my eyes were focused on the plate in front of me. "Without fear of the unknown, I would like to rise to a certain level within the business world where no one could take it away from me, no one could ever send me back to the bottom of the ladder. I want to climb as high as I can and not have to worry about climbing any more. I want to wake up every morning and know, without a doubt, that I can support myself even if everything were to suddenly go pear shaped. I know it's not exciting and maybe given more time, I could come up with something better but that's what is important to me right now. Security is a valued asset in my eyes."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 12:53 am

I listen to her speak and when she finishes, I am silent for a good minute or so. There are many thoughts flowing through my mind at this point and the only thing that breaks me out of my thoughts is the "new" waiter bringing me the check. I whisper in his ear and he nods to me. He walks off with my card and I notice that my contact is gone from sight. Guess he said something right. I turn back to Alexis, but say nothing. My phone rings, so I answer it because it's Carmina. She gives me an update and I thank her. "Carmina, before you go. Have the maintenance crew clear out and prep that office next to yours. Have it set up. I just found our new Assistant Office Manager. Her name is Alexis Andrews. I'd like a door placard made and in place. Make sure everything is ready by Monday morning please." We hang up and my eyes fall back upon Alexis. I wanted to gauge her reaction. I finish off my glass of wine and put the cork back in the top of the bottle. The waiter comes back and I sign for the check while he places the bottle in a cloth sleeve (think Crown Royal bag) with a design on it. The sleeve helps protect and conceal the bottle. I put my card back in my wallet and the waiter takes her plate and transfers the food into a to-go container. I like this place, even if it is in Lower Commons, I think I'll make this a frequented spot when I'm here. "Are you ready to go? It's a nice night out, so I figure we can sit outside and continue our conversation." I am sure that she has questions, comments, and concerns and while I act like I am unaware, I figure to let her make the first move regarding getting answers. After all, closed mouths don't get fed. I see potential in her and her humbleness is of great value to my company. It doesn't hurt that she's cute, but as it currently stands, if I am unable to mix business and pleasure, then I would prefer her for business instead.

400/4927
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 1:26 am

One of the other waiters brings Psyre his check and I notice that he hadn't brought mine. I would have to remember to ask him for it once he came back to the table. When the man next to me receives another phone call I busy myself by pulling my purse into my lap and counting out the money I estimated I would need for this meal. I would have to easy for the remaining days until payday but it had been well worth it. With the man's conversation happening not more than a foot from my ear I couldn't help but overhear what was being said, especially when my name was mentioned. Was he seriously talking about someone getting an office ready for me? I hadn't even gone for the interview yet... Monday morning? Did he really mean that? Did I hear him correctly? When he hangs the phone up and brings his eyes to my face I am sitting there in complete shock. I don't try to speak at first, if I had tried I would have most likely tripped over my own tongue. As it was I couldn't even speak up to ask the waiter for my own bill when he came back to the table and transferred my food into a to-go box.

At the mention of going to sit outside with Psyre and continuing our conversation I nod and squeak out my response. "I think that's a very good idea. We certainly need to finish this conversation... starting with a clarification of the one you just had over the phone. Just let me pay my check first and I will be ready to go."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 2:05 am

"Your check is already covered. Don't forget your bottle." I get up nonchalantly and we head outside. Sitting down on the cushioned bench, I look up at the sky. "Just as I thought, such a beautiful night." My contact pulls up in his car and the waitress is in the front seat. He tells me that I don't want to take the meeting. I look at him and he tells me that he has some skill with reading concealed messages. "If you insist though, which I am sure that you will, take this with you. It's brand new and it's completely legit. It could save your life you know." I get up and accept the "gift" which is actually body armor. I look at him and he nods to me. "I may think that you are a manipulative mastermind megalomaniac, but everyone speaks well of you, and you deliver in business so I find it more profitable for you to be alive than otherwise." I snicker at him and respond "Aww, so you do love me after all." I lean over and whisper in the waitress' ear. "Take good care of him. I mean very good care of him and I'll make sure that you and your sorority sisters are on the guest list for our next party in two weeks. There can be no complaints from him though. You have to make sure that he enjoyed himself thoroughly. I trust you understand me?" She nods and places her hand on his crotch. Groping him as she looks at me, after a few seconds pass, she submerges and he drives off. As his car takes off, I look at the armor draped over my arm and shake my head. Looking back at Alexis, "I guess I should... thank him for this... gift. I don't put myself in violent situations in my business, so I've never needed one of these..." I am very curious if he knows something about my next contact.

I sit back down with Alexis and I respond, "What do you think I have done over the last sixty to ninety minutes? Everything that I would have asked in an interview was there. Your starting workload will serve as a resume and practical evaluation. You want security and climb up the ladder in a way that no one can knock you off of it, right? I can provide that. All I require is hard work. If your security is tied to your performance, you will work hard for PsiCoven and I will reward you with position, respect, awards, and financial stability and independence. It is completely up to you how high you come with me. You don't want to be in the basement even if you are in command of it. Work for PsiCoven for a week. Get a true feel of our environment and if you don't like it, I'll pay you for the use of your sick days and you can return to your old job without them knowing anything. If you do like it, stay and help me build the company. So what do you say?"

558/5485
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 3:06 am

"My check is what?... Bottle?" Oh my god, this man just blew my mind in less than five minutes. First he tells some person on the other end of his phone to prepare an office for me, then he pays for my meal, and now he's telling me not to forget a brand new bottle of what I assume to be more of the wine we had shared over the meal. Slipping my purse over my head to secure the strap across my chest then grabbing the to-go box in one hand and the sleeved bottle in the other, I move to follow him like a stepford wife in a daze. The chill of the late evening hits my flushed and burning cheeks which helps clear my head a little bit as I move to sit next to him on the bench. Thankfully the man who had dined on Psyre's other side pulls up at this time and engages the man in a brief conversation. This gives me the extra time needed to finish computing just what had happened in recent moments.

By the time Psyre returns to the bench, carrying the 'gift' his friend had given him, I was almost feeling human again. I was ready to speak but he beat me to the punch and explained the statements of the phone call. His words end with asking me what I say about it all. Blinking at him for a second, I give a soft laugh and shake my head. "I say I would be an idiot to not give it a shot. I don't see myself going back to the basement after a week out of it but I will call in the sick days for the duration just in case you or your Office Manager decide that I am not right for the job. Thank you for taking care of my check, you didn't have to do that... and thank you for this as well." I say while holding up the bottle. I would work hard for him in the coming week and however long beyond that I am kept on board. If he could provide the security I sought so desperately, and I really think he can, then I would work my fingers to the bone to make sure he knew I was worth the risk. We hadn't discussed salary or hours, and all that he had said in the way of job description was hard work so there were still questions to be asked. "What time does the workday start? I would hate to be late on my first day. Does normal business attire fit the office dress code?" I could deal with any pay rate he felt was fair, even if it was less than I was making now I could live off of savings for a little while. The only hour I really needed to know is what time to show up, I could work all day and night for him if that is what it takes. All I really needed to know at this moment was what time to be there and if I need to go shopping for new clothes over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 3:27 am

A smile slides over my face as she accepts. "Business casual is the dress code that the administrative staff wears. You will almost always see me in professional attire in case I have to go out on a meeting. We don't really start fielding calls until around 9:30-10 am, but you will want time to get situated, check messages, and prepare for the day, so 9 am. The office generally shuts down at 5:30-6. Occasionally, we will stay after that, but it is rare. I will have business cards made for you if you choose to stay. You will be working under Carmina, but she's the type to give you a list of tasks and let you complete them how you see fit. I trust her judgment, so you won't have to worry about me micromanaging you. Your duties will be to help make sure that the office is running smoothly. You will start with a lot of the administrative work like the files, lower level reports, invoices, handling the incoming calls, greeting and looking after guests or potential clients might also be one of your duties, and whatever odd tasks that Carmina might request of you. The bigger tasks will be handled personally by her. As you start, you'll have the mundane tasks that I don't need her spending time on, but as you prove yourself and I can finish up a few contracts to have the capital to hire more staff, you'll start taking over more important duties. You have seen my generosity, but it comes with a price, Alexis. I give much, but I demand much in return. There is quite a bit of work to be done and I definitely expect it to get done in a timely fashion. Business always comes before pleasure. If your work is done and there's no tasks on queue for you, you use your time in your office for whatever you like and I will still pay you. Speaking of pay, I will give you a starting rate of $2000 per period. Do well enough at it and I'll upgrade you."

Noticing that while the night is beautiful it's not the warmest night, I removed my blazer and motion for her to lean forward so I can drape it over her shoulders. I jokingly remark, "Can't have you sick for your first day, now can I?"

415/5900
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 3:51 am

I listen carefully as he list some of the detailed work I will be responsible for. Everything sounded like standard office work, nothing I couldn't handle easily enough. The office dress code is perfect, though I would still probably use the new job as an excuse to buy a few new outfits, clearance rack of course. I wouldn't splurge for the current fashions until I was sure the job would work out. Nodding frequently during his monologue, making sure he knew I understood the terms and had absolutely no problem at all with them, I remain quiet for the duration. When the topic of pay comes up and he recites the exact amount I was now making in charge of the entire basement I didn't try to hide the small smile playing at the corners of my lips. That was a very nice number, one that would allow me to continue building up my savings while supporting Lance and his bottomless stomach. As hard as I tried to remain professional and calm while he spoke, I couldn't fight away the excitement pumping through my blood. A new job, with an interesting boss, not in a basement with only a tiny desk to call my own, and with opportunity for advancement... I was seriously about to make a fool of myself... "It almost sounds too good to be true. I am sort of feeling like Julia Robert's in Pretty Woman... except for the whole prostitute thing." Until this point I hadn't thought much about the man as a man since we first began talking at the start of dinner, but as he drapes his blazer over my shoulders and I can feel the warmth of his body held by the garments inner lining... not to mention the fact that I just compared myself to a hooker in a movie... I felt a flush of heat rush through my form.

Chuckling shyly at his remark about not being sick for my first day, I shake my head and fidget with the take out box balanced on my lap. "No, that definitely wouldn't be good, but I would still show up, in one of those surgical masks to protect everyone else from my germs. How else do you think I have so many sick days saved up from my other job? I only use them for serious injuries or illnesses and while I can almost guarantee no major illnesses, I do have a history of injuries so if you see me limp into the office some random day or wince as I take my seat, please don't freak out. You could say that I am... umm.. a bit of a klutz, but it only happens at home so I swear I won't be like a stumbling oaf wreaking havoc on your office." Ok so I did it again... tried to warn him about something that should have sounded somewhat innocent and ended up sounding like an idiot. The poor man is probably wondering what is wrong with me at this point. Hmm, does that easy come easy go saying work for job offers too?
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:10 am

I chuckle openly this time and nod to her. The office will definitely be livelier then. We would continue to talk for a bit about office life and all of those things, before I realize two things... the first is that it is starting to get late, so I figure I should drive her home. Lower Commons is definitely not a place for a young woman to travel alone at night. The second was that perhaps I should share with her the actual business that I am in. The second thought is shot down when I consider the rationale of telling a new employee that we fund mercenary factions focused on combating dark paranormal forces who would threaten human existence... yeah, that would be brilliant. I tell her that quite a bit has occurred in such a short amount of time, so I tell her that I will drive her home. If she refused, she would get the "it's too dangerous to walk home at this hour" speech. Before we walk off, I would inquire, "So is there anything else you wish to ask me about?" I want to make sure that I am open with her... well as open as I can be until I know her better... much better actually.

222/6122
-$500 for Body Armor
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:19 am

As the conversation comes to an end and the offer to drive me home is voiced, I put up a small fight. Well not really a fight, it was late enough by now that I was apprehensive about the idea of walking all the way home alone, but I still had to politely decline at least once to give the man an out in case he was just being polite. Thank the heavens he wasn't and insisted on being a true gentleman, even citing the dangers of walking alone in this area at night which brought a smile of gratitude to my lips. The inquiry as to whether I have any more questions for him is yet another open and somewhat dangerous question to ask me, but none of the topics that come to mind seem appropriate or important enough to ask right now. Then one thought occurs to me. "Yes, as a matter of fact there is. Are there any others who work in the office besides yourself and Carmina? And how do the two of you like your coffee?" In the beginning, when I first began working at Miertech, I would stop in a few mornings each week and pick up coffee for my boss and a couple of the other employees I worked closely with. It was a nice gesture and made me feel like I had done a good deed for those days so I figured I could start this job off in a similar way.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:46 am

The restaurant finishes closing up and I realize that we have been sitting here for quite a little while now just talking about things. When she asks her questions, I can't help but snicker at the second one. I figure I might want to address the coffee question while I'm laughing so that she knows that she's getting a serious answer to the first. "I personally prefer vitamin smoothies, but when Carmina gets me coffee, I believe it's something called a White Chocolate Mocha with Caramel on bottom, center, and on top with light whipped cream. She has a very complex order so you will have to ask her yourself. All I know is that it has two different kinds of chocolate, caramel, cinnamon, and mocha. It tastes really good though." I shrug it off and address the other question. "We have a small staff right now because I'm still working for the family while I'm building capital for PsiCoven. I have the funding for what I need, but I still have to make sure that there is a solid enough cushion to withstand rough patches until I can secure a stable client base. I don't want to rely on PsiCoven's benefactor if I don't have to. I want to show him that I can stabilize this company myself with my own staff. Whatever you do, Alexis, don't lose your sense of humor. Is there anything else that you want to know? You can ask anything, but make sure that you want to know the answers to your questions before you ask them."

279/6401
-$500 for Body Armor
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:59 am

Filing away all of the information he provides, I will have to make sure to go a few blocks out of my way come Monday morning to the more upscale coffee shop a few blocks down from my apartment. With what little he could tell me about Carmina's preference I would need the amazing skills of the morning barista girl there. Plus that location sits right beside a smoothie place that opens early. Since he wasn't specific on which type of smoothie he liked I would have to try and guess or listen for other hints on the ride home. The information about the company, the small staff and presence of a benefactor, is all filed away in a different compartment of my mind. I liked knowing little tidbits about a company before I had to deal with them, it somehow gave me a slight confidence boost, no matter how trivial the information was.

"There are plenty more questions I would like to ask, but none that can't wait until later, unless of course you would like to tell me more about your smoothie preferences. Oh and maybe list off any food allergies or strong dislikes you might have in that department?"
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting   Chance Meeting EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 3:03 am

The question about my drink preference and allergies is a simple one, but I decide to help her on one while giving her something to talk about on the other. "There is nothing that I'm allergic to, but I hate coconut, so keep it away from me and I don't like peas, cooked carrots, squash, zucchini. I like melted cheese with a lot of my vegetables. I don't eat red meat unless I'm absolutely starving. I prefer seafood over anything else and I generally only eat white chicken meat. You won't have to worry about my food for a while though. Carmina says that I'm very particular about my food and its preparation and care, so she has one particular girl handle all of my food arrangements including fruit trays, yogurts, and even which supplements that are added to certain foods. As for smoothie selection... ask Carmina about that one when you get in on Monday. You never have to worry about Mondays though. That is handled by our "Chef". Let's get going though. We can talk more on the way." With that, I start walking towards the car after retrieving my blazer. The keys are in the inner breast pocket and I just might need those to start the car.

*END RP*

225/6626
-$500 for Body Armor
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Chance Meeting Empty