Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Cordial Meeting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82
Registration date : 2009-01-02

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:07 am

A Cordial Meeting Novak_10
+ A Cordial Meeting +
Friend or Foe?
---
Slowly I shift my gaze from side to side before looking straight ahead as I focus on locating the yokai I had been tracking down. It seems strange, but for some reason I could sense the energy of other creatures that were close to me and if I focused on one enough I could track it better. At the moment I was using my new found ability to track down a yokai that I have been hunting after, something that I can turn into a meal for myself and the female that had saved me, but thus far I have yet to capture the yokai. As the yokai's direction becomes clearer to me I begin to move once again, altering my direction as needed as I chase after what will be my dinner as soon as I can catch it and kill it.

Post WC: 143

A Cordial Meeting Nova_b10
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:43 am

Returning to the forest to train for a bit before I head to Yochi again. I was starting to make slightly more frequent visits up here and upon hearing that there is a magic smith in the Earth Realm that could magically infuse me with all of my weapons and armor to be summoned forth on command. It's not exactly as cool as Kolyer's ability, but it is more than sufficient for my needs. Inside the forest, I notice the numerous yokai and higher order demons roaming around and they don't bother me so I don't bother them. I just kind of wander about aimlessly in the forest looking for something to catch my attention, but alas, nothing comes just yet.

Stopping for a moment, I see two yokai fighting each other and I stop and watch them as they engage in battle. It is rather amusing to watch two lesser creatures battle it out for survival and looking closer, I notice what exactly they are fighting over which is food. There is a dead yet fresh looking, meaty carcass in between them and they apparently don't wish to share, so their plan is to kill one another. I keep some distance as to not alarm them. The yokai on my left looks like some form of brown bear spirit while the other is a black bear spirit. The two large creatures charge at each other. They ram into each other before the black bear strikes first with a paw smack to the side of the head of the brown bear that knocks the bear back a bit. The brown bear advances in response for a return attack...

288 words
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:01 am

While running through the forest after my dinner, I kept track of its energy so I could track it better. But something happened, I felt the energy stop moving and then it began to grow weaker until it finally faded away. Now that it had faded away I began to wonder what was going on with my pray. While wondering what had happened to my pray I continued heading on the same path, towards the last location I had felt it at, if something had happened to it, it would either be there or not be there and I would find out what happened to it. When the sounds of battle reached my ears I slowed my advance and as I came up to a battle between two spirits I came to a stop, remaining in the cover of the foliage for a moment as I looked at the two yokai that were fighting. This was the last place I had felt the yokai I was hunting, but neither of these looked like the animal I was after. Then I noticed it, laying on the ground close to the two fighting was the lifeless body of a yokai, the exact yokai that I was after.. One of these spirits had killed my pray? As this fact began to sink in I started to growl softly as anger began to build with in me. They had killed the yokai I was after and now appear to be fighting over what was suppose to be my pray until they denied me of such. Since they had denied me of my fun, I decided I would deny them the right to live any longer.

Post WC: 281
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:49 am

A "twitch" in my senses turns my head to my left to look at some trees. I could feel that something had arrived, but I don't see anything or anyone so I turn back to watching the fight going on. I get ready to walk away when a faint growl catches my ear. Something is about to happen here. Looking back at the bushes, I peer at them intently. I close my eyes so that I can clear out distractions and I start to hear breathing and try to focus on the signature of the spirit hiding there. It feels familiar, but I can't get a lock on its specifics. I really need to work on my sensing ability! Just in case it is an attacker who wishes to come after me, I decide to raise my shield. Chanting with my mind, I "speak", "ātmā śīlḍa, mērī rakṣā!" The seven star shield forms in front of me and I crouch down to limit others' view of me while the battle between the bears rages on with the brown bear being the first to draw blood with a clawed swipe to the left shoulder of the black bear.

207/495
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:59 am

I am only able to watch for a few more seconds before I finally get fed up with simply watching these two spirits go at it, it was time for me to join in the fight and finish them both off. With my mind made up, I fall silent, watching the two for a moment longer before I finally spring from the bushes. Leaping from the bushes I go straight for one of the bears locked in combat in an attempt to pounce on the thing before I would bite down onto its back as I sank my claws into its flesh, the goal was to take the first down quickly so I could shift my attention to the second one and take care of it and then, I would have an even larger meal made up of all three spirits, that would be great!

Post WC: 145
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 4:19 am

The sneak attack is successful, but considering that the other spirit is a bear, the bite hurts, but would cause the wolf to be flung off of its back quickly as more of a reflex than anything else. The second bear would take advantage of the distraction and slash deep into the fur and flesh of its opponent. The black bear looks at its now badly wounded adversary and licks its lips for the kill before it realizes that the wolf is still around and interfering with their quarrel over dinner.

Looking at the wolf myself, I peer at it for a few moments before I mutter to myself, "Is that Novak?" A second question derails my thoughts of that... why the hell are now three spirits fighting over that dead yokai? When did that thing become such a high commodity or are these three just REALLY hungry? All the same, I stand back and watch and stay out of this. I'm curious to see how things are gonna play out with the new entry of this wolf.

184/679
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 4:31 am

Unable to get a good grip on the bear I end up being flung off the thing. After being flung off, I land on all fours and look at the two bears and growl at them. Unfortunately my sneak attack didn't have nearly as much of an effect as I had hoped it would and now both the bears were looking to me and now both were probably going to come at me, but that didn't bother me. I felt I could take them both on and come out on top and that's exactly what I planed to do. I shift my gaze from one to the other before I begin to snarl at the two bears, clawing at the ground some before I finally dash forwards, moving to close the distance between myself and the two bears before I jump into the air once again, going after the same bear as before I slash at the bear's face with my claws.

Post WC: 162
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 4:48 am

Shaking my head at the sight of the wolf's attack, I mutter to myself, "Never leave your feet unless you are sure that you will not be vulnerable to a counter attack of opportunity. The wolf leaps into the air at the brown bear while the black bear is looking directly at him... not the smartest idea. Taking aim at the black bear since the brown bear would have a slower reaction time due to its energy and current blood loss, I utter the words, "ātmā ādhā cānda!" Three short crescent shaped blades release from my hand and fly towards the black bear's right shoulder and lower neck region. The strikes fly thru the air and before the black bear can turn his attention from the wolf to me, it is too late. Yokai really aren't that smart. Noticing the three strikes "from nowhere" connect to the black bear, the brown bear actually looks at my direction as I emerge from my viewing location next to a tree. The three strikes don't kill the black bear, but they tear deep into his flesh and nearly sever the shoulder from its socket. Spirit Half Moon Strikes is definitely not my strongest power in terms of attack strength, but it is definitely growing to be one of my favorites! As I make away into view, I grin at the black bear and prepare to attack again, but I don't want to hit the wolf on accident.

253/932
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 5:04 am

I heard someone from behind me speak, though at first I wasn't sure what had been done. That was until I noticed the three blades slash into the black bear as I came down onto the brown bear. Though I knew someone else was here, at the moment my focus was on taking down the bear I had first attacked. As I come to land on the brown bear I instantly go to sink my claws into the things flesh once again as I bite for its flesh, trying to get a mouth full I could rip out. Now that an unknown combatant had show up I wasn't sure if it would be friend or foe. With that in mind, I conjure my Chaotic Familiars. A black shadow like entity takes form on my back. After it had taken root on my back two tendrils come out from the entity on my back, the ends of the tendrils shifting into what would appear to be wolf heads.

Post WC: 167
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Both the black bear and the brown bear bell out in pain as they are struck. The brown bear stumbles as it tries to escape the attacking wolf spirit, but it is unable to shake him off this time. It would appear that the wounds he had sustained were really starting to catch up with him and he was having a hard time defending himself as his vision is becoming slightly hazy from the loss of blood. He tries again to toss the wolf, but the fangs and teeth of the attacking spirit. When the teeth pierce its flesh, the brown bear bells out in pain once again. It was fading fast and needed to try and escape if it was going to survive...

The black bear looks at me and growls violently. I smile at him again and he charges at me. "Hmm... I think I pissed you off." As the black bear rushes forward seeming to ignore the pain of its shoulder, I tsk at it. Waiting for it to get within range, two words are spoken softly, "ugra hathēlī." A rune symbol appears on my palm as I drop to strike the ground. The black bear comes closer and the smile fades as a stone cold demeanor comes over my face. Energy builds under my palm and a violent eruption occurs around me causing an explosion of spiritual energy to cover a medium range area. The black bear is caught in the core of the blast and I watch as parts of its limbs are severed from its body and I chuckle at the sight. After the initial eruption there is a shockwave effect that scatters the pieces and pushes the main carcass of the black bear away from me. Turning my attention to the wolf and brown bear, I continue my approach towards the center of the conflict... the original animal carcass.

330/1262
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:59 pm

This time when I managed to get a good grip on the bear I bit down harder on the bit of flesh I had managed to get into my mouth. Since the bear was trying to get away, I knew that meant it must be on its last legs since it was trying to run away to get out of the battle. That was a good sign, that meant I could finish this one off and attack the other bear or who ever had shown up. Since the bear was on its last legs, I press on with my attack, clawing at the bear's flesh more. Once the bear was finally dead I release it before turning to the animal I was first after. When I turned my attention to the animal I had been hunting I noticed someone other then the two bears that had been fighting over my prey. When I noticed another person moving towards my prey I began to growl. At first I didn't notice who it was so I continued growling at the figure, but when I noticed that it is someone I had met before, I began to relax some as I look over the male. " ....Tyrn? " I said as I looked at Tyrn. I don't know what it is about the male but when I see him I cant help but feel some anger towards the male, though I truly do not know why I feel anger towards this male, the first time we met we helped each other out in a battle. I pushed the feeling to the back of my mind for the moment, my gaze still fixed on Tyrn.

Post WC: 281
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 12:53 am

I ignore the growling coming from behind as continue moving. Getting to the carcass, I visually inspect it before my Telekinetix lifts it into the air and I am still so confused by all of this. It is just a normal yokai. Inspecting its meat content, I shrug again as I still find nothing special about this one. Waving my hand in a dismissing fashion, I hurl the carcass at the other two and look around. Finding nothing of interest and hearing my title, I turn to look at the wolf. "Yes, Novak? I don't get the big fuss over that piece of meat as it is nothing special, but that might just be my own personal palette." Looking at the fresh carcass of the brown bear and I shake my head. "Such a messy eater," I jest jokingly at the wolf. "So how are you enjoying your hunting here in Solvay?"

162/1524
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 2:39 am

As Tyrn begins speaking to my I glance over at the carcass' of the yokai that had been killed before I turn my attention back to Tyrn and growl faintly at his comment. Turning my attention away from him once again I make my way over to the dead animals and glance over them, " .. Watch your tongue, you know nothing of having to survive in the forest. Having everything handed to you on a silver platter. " I said as I turned my gaze back to Tyrn, " In this world it's kill or be killed, if you haven't the power to destroy then you will be the destroyed. And, I will destroy. " I said, nodding to the comment as I look at Tyrn a moment longer. Now that my beats form was no longer needed, I decided it was time to change back so I could save my energy for when I need it. With this decision, I close my eyes and lower my head as light begins to surround me and ends up engulfing me fully. The light lasts a few seconds before it begins to fade away. As it fades I stand in my new human form before Tyrn, dressed in a simple robe with bandages covering my left eye.

Post WC: 216
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 3:33 am

Shaking my head at the wolf, I allow him to finish his rant before I respond very condescendingly, "Yes, Novak... you poor creatures out here. It is so hard to know exactly where your enemy is coming from. Don't complain to me about living here. When you are ready to attack, you growl in hopes of intimidating the target, others howl or roar and stamp their hooves or feet... you know when danger approaches. So much harder for you. Hmph! My enemies smile and give me gifts while sending assassins and brigands to try and kill me. And yes, Novak, I was born this powerful and never had to fight to gain strength or never had to fight to exist nor do I fight on the regular in battles and skirmishes here. There is no safe part of Onitoshi. That's one thing I love here. I can train any and everywhere, so save your pity party for someone else." I lean against a tree as he goes back to his business tho the light effect catches my attention for sure. Looking over at him, I wonder what is happening to him, but when he emerges in a humanoid form, I smile. So you have ascended to be a higher order? Good... hopefully you're stronger now too." I smirk at him as I seem to be able to get under his skin so easily at times that I can't help but to tease him.

258/1782
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 4:12 am

After my transformation back to my human form, I look over Tyrn for a moment before turning my attention away from him. When he spoke the comment about me ascending I shrugged faintly while keeping my attention fixed on him, " .. A man's life cannot be compared to anothers if they haven't lived the same life. You face your own perils, and here in the forest, I face my own. Though, at the heart of the matter it is still nothing more then attempting to survive and stay alive another day. " I said before turning my attention to the dead yokai that were to become my dinner, " I have.. gained a new form yes. I don't know why though.. the other one was just fine. " I said as I looked down at my hands, " Though I will admit that this form is... interesting. Having hands rather then paws makes things easier. " looking away from my hands I turn my gaze back to Tyrn and glare at him faintly, " I have become stronger, much stronger then before when we fought together. I could have crushed these two beasts if I chose to.. But I decided to play with them. There probably isn't anything in this forest that I couldn't kill, and I wouldn't hesitate to kill it if need be. Tell me something Tyrn, why is it that you wield your power? "

Post WC: 239
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 12:33 am

Novak actually has a brain in there which is refreshing as he speaks almost philosophically. When he states that at the core it is mere survival to live another day, I interject, "Perhaps for you, but I live my life to do more and experience more and acquire more. Survival and existence is nowhere near enough to satisfy me." I chuckle as I respond to his boastful claim, "Nothing in the forest that you can't kill... you sure about that, Novak? This forest holds many secrets and traps that I doubt you could overcome. Hell, some of them from what I have heard might be more than even I can overcome. Some challenges that you cannot overcome are quite visible as well." That comment referred to myself as while he may think that he is able to defeat me, that would be a mistake to think for long. His question lowers my ire that had been building up inside of me. "Why do I wield my power? Hmm... what do you mean by why? I have it and there are times that I need to use it, so I do just that. My people need a powerful leader and to be that leader, I must wield my power and acquire new ones. Why do you want power, Novak? What would you do if you stopped worrying about survival and focused on becoming something more than what you are or is survival all you can think of because you fear Death's Embrace that much."

267/2049
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 2:03 am

When he began to interject, I listened to what he had to say in response to my comment, though it didn't detour me from what I had to say to the man. As he began to voice doubt about my ability to take everything in the forest on, I began to glare at him, do I have to show him what I mean? As the conversation shifts back to what I had asked him, I pause for a moment as I listened to what else he has to say. As he answers my question I nod to what he has to say and then my own question is turned on me. As he inquires why I want power, I shrug. When he mentions death I growl faintly at him, for some reason the thought of death both scared me and angered me, it was something I wasn't going to let happen to me. " With survival comes strength, you must fight in order to survive, fight strong enemies that wish to take your life, so, in a since I am growing stronger. I don't know why I want power.. to live perhaps, or even to kill, it just depends on what I need it for, but if I don't have it then I cannot use it when it is needed. " As I continue speaking I turn my gaze away from him, " It sounds like you doubt my abilities Tyrn.... Do you require a demonstration of what I am capable of doing before you understand? What you seen the day we met was nothing. "

Post WC: 266
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 4:17 am

His answers sound rather familiar... in fact it sounds like my own answer. Interesting. It amuses me how easily I can get under his skin. I shake my head with a chuckle when he thinks to actually challenge me. "You know... that almost sounded like you were actually wanting to challenge me." My eyes begin to glow as they sharpen and focus on him. I would have preferred to avoid fighting right now, but it would seem as tho I'm going to have to go ahead and show him the status of our pecking order. "Would you like to eat your dinner first before you start making challenges?" I would afford Novak the first move, if he wanted to fight, I would oblige him. I haven't been in a good duel in a while anyway. Standing here waiting, I look at Novak intently. As my adrenaline starts to flow thru my bloodstream, the Myndius power activates.

167/2216
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 4:37 am

With my gaze no longer fixed on him, I can't see his reaction to my words, though I can hear what he has to say in responce to my comment. When he asked if I would like to eat my dinner first, I shook my head, " I believe it is already past that point Tyrn, the challenge has already been made, and it seems as if it has been accepted. The only thing left is to follow through with it and see what will happen, and its as if all time has come to a stand still. " I said with a light smile, adding a chant onto the last part of what I had to say in an attempt to pass it off as part of what I had to say. The chant was for one of my powers I seldom use at this point due to the drain it still has on me, though at this point I am going for a quick victory, or to at last show my point. The power I conjured being one that controls the flow of time, halting the flow of time for as long as I so choose.

Post WC: 174
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 2:28 pm

So it would seem that he did wish to fight after all. As soon as he says, "We are passed that point..." my mind is set on my next recourse will be. Well, let's go ahead and take away the use of his more mystical powers on me. Within my own mind, a chant is uttered immediately following those fateful words, "isa pavitra bhūmi!" Sutra Cards would appear in a circle with a 40 foot radius in all directions (Area Purification). The faint glow that had come over my body would fade as well. His last words intrigued me. "It would be as if time stood still..." I recite within my mind. I grin on the inside and decide to try and play along. I am impressed by Novak though. The ability to control time, in any facet, is very impressive. Perhaps, he can be useful after all. Hell, he might even be able to motivate me to become even stronger. Time will tell. Ha ha ha... I made a funny there. Anyways, standing very still and controlling my breathing to not give away any intentions since I am not quite sure how his power works, I wait. Things are getting interesting now.

219/2435
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 4:07 am

Unaware that my spell had been nullified before I could even get it off, I wait a moment before I turn my gaze back to Tyrn. As I turned my gaze upon him I noticed he wasn't moving, my spell worked, that was good to know. Now that I had him frozen in time essentially, I had to decide what I was going to do with him to show him that I am indeed capable of killing anything in this forest, Now that you cannot react, what shall I do to you? .. Shall I break one of your limbs, or perhaps remove one.. " I said as I began to walk towards Tyrn. I felt that the later was more extreme then the first idea, perhaps the first, if I did it, would show him that I mean business, though if it came down to it, removing an arm would be interesting.. " If I removed one, then you would understand, perhaps. My power should not be underestimated. " Coming to a stop in front of Tyrn, I smiled faintly as I looked at him, " Unfortunately, you can't hear a thing I'm saying. Shall we start then? " I asked, mostly to myself since I thought Tyrn wouldn't be able to respond to me.

Post WC: 216
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:09 am

The grin inside of me widens as he discusses his plans and options for showing me who is boss. I find it hard to contain this excitement and the ill intent that is growing within me. As if shuffling thru a music playlist, I go thru the different powers that I have at my disposal and think of which one I want to use against him to hurt the most. As he steps up and breathes in my face, the smell that exudes from his oral dumpster is truly rancid. That's it... he needs to get away from me. The beauty of being able to chant within my own mind... is that he doesn't see it coming. "Atma visphota!" With that mental chant, spiritual energy would erupt in a violent pulse from my body to blast against everything within a twenty foot radius (Rejection Dome). I'm hoping that the blast knocks him to the ground. "You have got to learn how to freshen your breath! What in the name of the Hogosha do you eat out here?!" A sutra card appears in my hand charged and ready to go. If he is off balance at all, the sutra card is flying at him to stall him for a moment or help him fall to the ground. Regardless of the actual result, I'm going to continue to try and keep him off balance and in pain. How dare this punk threaten to sever my limbs? Here I was planning on just smacking him a few times, but now I have to teach him an actual lesson... so much work for me.

285/2720
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:36 pm

What happened next was something I wasn't expecting and as so it caught me off guard. When the energy erupted from the ground and shot out in a pulse it knocked me from my feet and back through the air before I landed on the ground a few feet away from were I had been standing. I lay on the ground, feeling the effects of the blast as pain coursed through me. I'm not all to sure what had just happened, I thought I had him frozen in time, but here he is unleashing a magical spell and now he is talking to me... I lay there for a moment, remaining silent before I finally speak up, having ignored his comment, " W-What did you do? ... " I ask before letting out a light groan as I bring a hand to rest on my side as I begin to sit up to look at him. If he is able to cancel out the effects of my abilities then I may have a problem if I ever fight him again.

Post WC: 180
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 3:01 am

I ignore the quest posed and raise my hand towards him. The time for talking was over. There is a sutra card in my hand and I grin at him as a flick of my wrist hurls it at Novak's body. It wasn't meant to actually harm him. That would come later. I am rather curious about his ability with Tyme magic. Could this one really have the ability to manipulate the flow of time? Is that possible and if so, perhaps I do not wish to harm him, for learning the secret to utilizing such magic would allow me a strategic advantage that I do not think I would want to pass up. Still, there are other powers to develop and I do not know if I have the time to truly train in tyme magic. I decide not to attack and the sutra card would land next to his head if he did not move. "The question is not what I did but what you failed to do. All I did was pretend to go along with your spell. You should realize that brute force is not very effective against me. It is true that brains will overcome brawn more times than not. Shall we move on to the next lesson or are you content with just one lesson?" I stand with no worry of his attack as there is one significant thing that Area Purification provides and that is comfort.

260/2980
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 3:58 am

I remain on the ground and look up at Tyrn, waiting on an answer that didn't come. I shift my gaze from his face to the card he had in his hand and when he flicks it at me, I remain still and wait to see what he had planed for it. As I watched him, I ran through what I could do. I knew I could always try and stop time once again, but if he could stop me from doing that then I would be in the same boat. Though I'm not sure what he used or if it is still stopping me from using magic, the only way to know that would be to try another spell and see if it works. This time, I would try another spell, but with out having to chant. I knew going this way would drain even more of my energy then normal, but it was a price to pay in order to show him. While listening to him, I finally began to climb back to my feet. As I rose to my feet, I looked at Tyrn and tilted my head to the side until my neck popped, once it had popped I tilted it the other way until it did the same thing. " I will have to remember that next time. And, brute force is always effective, you simply have to find the correct way to apply it. " I paused for a moment, shaking my head. " You don't understand yet? " This time, when I used my ability to halt time, there was no chant like I had done last time. Though this time, I held back for a moment, waiting to see if the spell actually worked or didn't.

Post WC: 294
Total WC: 2764
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:25 am

Remaining in my ring of fun, I look around as everything around us freezes in place and I grin. "Now isn't that interesting." Obviously, I was going to have to look into learning this further. Even with a minute ability to manipulate time, my strategic prowess would be quite enhanced by such a development. A grin covers my face and I look at Novak. I don't think you quite understand yet, "You didn't even feel me enter your mind, did you? You notice that you were able to freeze everything but me. That means that your power works, but I wouldn't want you to do something foolish like try to remove one of my limbs, so I implanted the command for you not to use magic against me. So with all of your brawn, what have you achieved?" Looking directly into his eyes, I speak in the ancestral tongue, "śud'dha kamajōrī." (Light: Hinder - Mastered) If the incantation works, then Novak would find himself surrounded by a column of light that changes from red to gold to silver to black and repeats the colors in different sequences. It would dissipate after a moment and Novak would realize soon enough what my power is truly like as it would be much harder for him to use his powers. Why waste time attacking him now... it is much simpler to let him crush himself. I glance down at the sutra card next to Novak and notice that it is still charged with spiritual energy. "It is your move, Novak. What will you do now?" The smirking grin remains on my face.

285/3265
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 4:03 am

I keep my gaze fixed on Tyrn, waiting to see if I had frozen him in time this time or if I have been unable to do so. When his lips curled into a grin I knew something was had happened once again.. was his ability to stop spells form working still in effect? As he began to speak my gaze widened some as I listened to what he was saying. How did he get into my mind? He made me not freeze him... I growled faintly at Tyrn, how could he do such a thing, what are the depths of his powers, is he truly stronger then I am? If he can get into my mind and make me do things with out realizing it, then I may be doing this because he wants it.. When he spoke up again, I couldn't understand what he was saying, though I expected him to unleash an attack and began to step back. I managed to take a half step back before before I become surrounded in a column of light that begins to change colors. Damn it, it was an attack! Or so I thought, though nothing struck me as the column of light fluctuated between various colors. When the light finally fades away I am able to look upon Tyrn once again. As Tyrn spoke up once again, I glared at him. " Why don't you tell me how you got into my mind? " I asked as I looked at him, though along with the question, I deiced to try and mess with his mind as well and used another of my abilities, one that would, if effective, would bring Tyrn under my command.

Post WC: 285
Total WC: 3049
Action: Influence @ Novice or Trained (Tech is at Honed)
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 4:02 pm

Success. As he takes a step backwards, the sutra card would attach stealthily to the back of his leg with a little guidance from my telekinesis power. I snicker at him as he tries to enter my mind. "I am impressed that your mind is expanding. And here I thought you would just be a dumb brute. Perhaps, I have a use for you after all. You possess some powers that I do not, which is intriguing and if you were able to polish some of your other abilities, you could become a very skilled warrior in my employ. Though it is one thing to be able to accidentally use psychic powers and another altogether to be a true Warrior of the Mind." Looking at the patched eye demon, I grin. I would try to slip into his mind and gain control of him as he foolishly tried to do to me. If I gained control of his mind, I would deliver a single command then release him from my grip, "Slap yourself, Novak." If he did follow the command, I would chuckle and tell him that he will need to grow much stronger before he ever challenges my mind again. "Don't worry, when I am in a more violent mood, I can smack you around then." I smirk at him as I realize that I'm not in a killing mood. Learning so much so quickly about Novak puts me at ease and allows me to see him as more of a friend and potential pupil, not in an aggressive manner. Still, that sutra card is attached to the back of his leg to be utilized at any time should he still be in the mood to fight me.

304/3569
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 11:43 pm

Though I wait for an answer to my question, one doesn't come. Instead of giving me an answer to my question he begins speaking about something else. He was able to resist my command.. and knew that I tried to make him do that? Damn him, how is he able to resist everything I throw at him, do I truly have to rip off his damn arms to show him. I kept my gaze fixed on him as I tried to come up with something I could do that he couldn't resist or stop. When he spoke again, I don't know why but I felt compelled to do as he commanded so I brought my hand up and slapped myself across the face. After slapping myself across the face, Tyrn began to chuckle at what I had done before telling me that I need to become stronger. He is right about that though, I do need to become stronger, much stronger if I am to defeat him even in such a small battle like this I am unable to do anything to him. And as long as I didn't have the power to defeat him then he would continue to defeat me, that is something I didn't want. " .... Such endeavors are fruitless if you are unable to defeat the opponent. This battle is over for now. "

Post WC: 229
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 4:12 am

"That is a smart choice." I could not stop thinking about the ability to manipulate time, but I am not sure about how to harness any of the powers that are associated with it. That does not please me in the least bit. There must be something that I am missing in all of this. How is it that he is able to do it? I shake my head as I begin to get a slight headache and I begin hearing things all around me that aren't there. What is even more peculiar is that most of these conversations are about Novak and I and they sound like someone is watching us. What the hell is going on? It is definitely time for us to go. "Let's take a trip. I'm guessing you are still hungry. Besides, I want to show you one of the best places to relax in Arden... it is called Sovereign's Delight. You can eat in peace inside the main office. Also, there are plenty of women that frequent the establishment, both that work there and that come for some... company for the day or night. Also has great food and magnificent nectar wine and bloodwyne. Or you can stay and eat... that." If he wanted to come with, the column of energy begins to form around me and I nod to him to enter the column if he wishes to follow. After about thirty to forty-five seconds, the column would vanish and everything in it. While I am inside the column of energy, the voices stop talking and instead I hear a lot of "oooh" and "ahhh" noises all around me. Now is not the time to crack and lose it.

305/3874
Train: Psyche - TPerception (IP)
Unlock: Psyche - TPerception (1000)
Unlock: Tyme Package (2400)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 4:31 am

I grumbled lightly at Tyrn's words. I didn't want to stop fighting, but at this point in time it is the best coarse of action, I don't believe I can defeat him, not if he can get into my mind and stop my magic from having an effect on him. I need to come up with some what to keep him from getting into my mind, that way he can't make me do things against my will. As Tyrn began to speak again, I realized I still had a meal to get to when he made mention of being hungry. Though it seemed he wanted to take me some where to show me something. I listened to his offer, the mention of getting more food sounded good, and I didn't have to hunt it down, though the mention of women sounded enticing as well, so I decide to take him up on his offer and go to this place he spoke of. As he finished speaking I glanced back at the yokai I had been hunting before all this happened. Turning my gaze back to Tyrn, I look at the column of energy for a moment before I step into it, following after him.

Post WC: 204
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 5:02 am

Continued Here

Updated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Cordial Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cordial Meeting   A Cordial Meeting Empty

Back to top Go down

A Cordial Meeting
Page 1 of 1