Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) Empty
PostSubject: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyMon May 04, 2009 9:16 pm

Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) Kyrobanner
In the time that passed after getting off the phone with Shiori, Realm 2.0 was fully set up in my apartment and I had been given the introductory walk through in the demo by the technician who finally left after showing me around all of his favorite sites. The ordeal took around two hours after the set up of the equipment, but eventually he left and I was able to be at home in peace after powering the system down to let it rest. The entire thing was a bit too realistic for my liking and I could see how someone could easily become trapped in a fabricated world, especially if they had experienced a hard life in the real world. Mentally I had barred myself to only visit chess houses for now.

With the onset of the evening, there would not be much to do with no prior plans. Setting up realm was the high point of my day, but as previously mentioned, I didn’t wish to play with it right now. Instead I find myself in sweat pants and a tee shirt lying in my couch lengthwise on my back. Little Ghost occupies the space above me on the back of the couch as I watch the news. After obtaining my new job, I could see the obvious lies told by the media corporation to keep the masses believing in their safe little world.

I am interrupted in my resting by the sound of my cell vibrating on the coffee table. My hand, that had been resting across my stomach passively, reaches out ant picks up the phone as I open it and bring it to my ear. “This is Jyn,” I give my generic answer. On the phone, I can hear the sounds of what seemed like an epic battle in the background behind a familiar voice. “Jyn,” the voice speaks, a calm yet distracted tone of our team’s technical guru, Kane, “can you cover something for me right now?” I pause for a moment and question, “now?” There is a pause as I realize that he was really not paying attention to me. “Um… sorry,” he apologizes, “we… wait one moment…” There is a lot of background chatter from other voices. I hear a few orders called out and what seemed to be explosions and rifle fire. My brows furrow as I pull my phone away from my ear and look at it before returning it back. I hear cheering and then victory music followed by a much more coherent Kane. “Jyn,” he continues, “something’s come up in the Lower Common’s…” Since this was an odd request, I ask, “but you’re off duty?” He agrees, “Right. A grunt got sick, so it was assigned to Letty. She is on a date, but she assigned Frank to go, but Frank is doing a gig in the Bastion playing bass guitar so he called me to cover for him. I’m in the middle of a clan war and we’re about to start the third round of the tournament in Realm, but I told him I would call you since you were probably not doing anything…” There is a pause. I frown at how matter of factly he says it. I know that he doesn’t mean it as an insult, but there was a possibility, albeit a slim one, that I could have had plans. Aside from that, the fact that the Lt. had a date was shocking in itself. Whoever was taking her out must have big brass ones. After the pause, I request, “what is it?” He answers, “just a patrol on the commons. They only need it covered for the next 2 hours.” That would make sense since actual teams usually weren’t sent to the commons since it wasn’t really a place that generated revenue for Division 12. It was hard to tax the poor. Since it was my old stomping grounds… but mostly because I wasn’t doing anything and the others didn’t need to be bothered with such a small task, I answer, “okay. I’m on my way there now.” He answers back, “thanks Jyn. It’s the southeast quadrant… the next round is coming up, so I’m going. See you.” The phone disconnects and I close it, lowering it into my pocket. I lean up and make my way to my closet to suit up for the night. A patrol… that was grunt work; but at least it would be nice to get out and get some fresh night air. 755
Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Rep! : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyMon May 04, 2009 11:37 pm

A lot had happened since I spoke with Jyn in the early afternoon and now I find myself in the Lower Commons. I glare down to the sword on my hip. This had better be worth it. I pass by several unsavory men and I hear a wolf whistle that makes me cringe. Fuckin' hell. I'm going to throttle my blade when I get home. Yume would kill if she knew I was in the lower commons like this. This is not the place for a girl. Well.. I'm not defenseless or anything. I just hate being looked at like I'm a piece of meat.

I sigh a bit as I continue on. My blade tells me the demons aren't too far now. You know. I really need to find a name for it. Kind of tired of just calling it blade or it. The demon blade hums in approval to my idea and I roll my eyes. Jigoku. It’s the first thing to pop into my head. Hmm.. Naming the blade hell. The demon blade pulses in happiness at the name and I sweat drop a bit. Of course it would like the name. Fine. Jigoku it is. Jiku for short. Happy now Jiku?

Jigoku hums in contentment and swear if it were a housecat it would be purring in my lap. I then sense movement and withdraw my blade, holding it to the throat of a now whimpering man. My blade is black, the tip glowing with the demonic aura within. I glare at the man who had sough tot grab me in a vulgar man. A sneer curls on my lips as the black marks of my shouchou begin to warm on my back, wishing to spread along my form in an unleashed state. But I hold it in and look in the man's eyes.

"Bad move, buddy," I hiss, Jiku pulses in agitation. The man whimpers and steps back from me, fear in his eyes. "Just go before I decide to cut you down where you stand," I snap and he turns, running away with his tail between his legs, so to speak. I look at the other people around me as I straighten and sheath Jigoku. I then continue on my path, people giving me more berth now that they have seen that the blade on my hip was real and I knew how to use it. I smirk a bit. Scaring the crap out of people could be so much fun.

Now! Onto the demon hunt!

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyTue May 05, 2009 12:26 am

It didn’t take long for me to get strapped up with my usual armaments and get into the car to make the trip to the lower commons. I wore black boots, a pair of standard issue black cargos pants with matching belt and my vest over a black Division 12 shirt with my chest holster in place. My badge was worn on the outside of my belt, left from the center. It was a lot easier to carry my weapons on me, and it was a lot easier to do that if I looked like a cop. As bad as the Lower Commons and its residents were, generally people didn’t randomly target a cop unless they had a reason too, since attention from the law was not something an illegal operator would welcome. With a short detour to a local donut shop I was all set. I had my coffee and my double-glazed donuts, so I was prepared to hit the patrol.

I walk to the sporty black sedan parked outside of the mini mart and place the coffee on the top as I open the door, holding the bag of donuts in the other hand. After opening the door, I grab my coffee and get in, close the door and then start the car with a soft yet deep hum from the engine. From there I make my way to the southeastern area of the Lower Commons where my patrol would be. The ride is easy and only takes a few minutes. I listen to the radio playing rock softly in the background as I traverse the commons until I come to the area that I would want to patrol. The car slows and I turn in, coming along side the curb before coming to a halt. From there I put the car in park and cut the engine. There didn’t seem to be too much activity in the area saves for a few street wanderers moving along, probably up to no good. Since I wasn’t ‘that’ type of cop, stuff like that didn’t bother me. I lean the seat back a little bit and then take my coffee in one hand and start to sip from it as I continue to listen to the radio.

“Hmm…” I murmur lightly as I watch the night surroundings. I would probably get out and walk around some after I finished eating. Once again, the Lower Commons wasn’t the best place for a stroll, but I had a bulletproof vest and a shotgun… I would be all right.

About a block away from my location, a homeless man stumbles along the sidewalk pushing an ancient relic known as a shopping cart. He seems harmless with a weathered and aged face covered in gray and white hair for his beard, mustache that blends in with the ashen locks that hang raggedly from his head. Moving slowly, his cart squeaks lightly with his steps but comes to a halt as he makes it to an alley. Turning, he notices a young lady inside the alley laying on the ground and cradling herself. He looks to his cart and then to her. He reaches into his car and takes out a newspaper, then looks back to the young woman on the ground. Walking gingerly as not to scare her or anything, he holds the paper out in front of him and approaches cautiously with the voice of a grandfather trying to offer something to a young child saying, “here.” Noticing his presence, the teenage female lifts up and turns to him, her body dressed in a school girl’s uniform and covered in blood. He stops and motions to the paper once more and offers, “it’ll keep you warm.” Suddenly her face contorts and her mouth opens. Her tongue shoots out like a bullet and pierces the man’s skull, then rips him towards her. Blood flies in the alley as she begins to devour him. A friend of the homeless man notices the cart and stumbles by speaking, “Mark… are you there?” He sees the young girl and his friend’s dead body and screams; but it is too late for him. He too shares Mark’s fate. 700

Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyTue May 05, 2009 1:02 am

I pause on a street corner, lifting my face to the sky and closing my eyes. I feel the world around me. But it’s interrupted as a car pulls up and I open my eyes. I look at the men leering at me and chuckling. I arch a brow at them both, wondering what the hell their problem is.

"Hey Mami.. How much are you for a night?" I blink at the one guy's words before it hits me. Oh good Kami! They thought I was some street whore!? I frown and look down at my clothes. A pair of black jeans that clung to me. A black tank top for easy mobility of my arms. And to finish it off I wore my thick soled combat boots. I tilt my head a bit as I peer at the men again. How in the hell did I look like a prostitute? I looked more like some rogue biker chick then a street corner whore.

I take a calming breath and just continue walking. The men call out to me and I lift my right hand and extend my middle finger to them. Goddamn perverts all around these parts. I grumble a bit. This is all Jigoku's fault. He hums at me, almost like he is pouting at the pointed blame on him.

'Well it is your fault I'm out here and being mistaken for some tramp.' I grumble mentally to him, knowing Jiku can hear my thoughts. I sigh a bit, ignoring those around me. But then I hear it. A scream in the night. A smirk curls on my lips.

"Found ya," I whisper and take off down the sidewalk, making any on the sidewalk dive out of my way. I turn the block corner as I feel out the demonic presence. Jiku hums in excitement as a feral smirk works its way to my lips. Okay. I'll admit it. The hunt excites me in ways not many will ever understand.

I pause and lift my face to the night air. I smell blood and Jiku feels the demon’s aura. I feel my body relaxing, preparing for a fight. I laugh softly to myself as I stalk forward like a lioness on the hunt. I spot an abandoned shopping cart filled with items then my eyes fall to the blood splattered sidewalk.

"Yare yare.. So we have a messy one tonight," I cluck my tongue in disapproval and I unsheathe my blade and keep it to my side, the edge angled to rip open anything with only a quick slash. I pause, stepping out before the alley to allow the demon to see me as I lift my gaze, spotting the two dead homeless men. I smirk, black marking slithering along my body. "Didn't your parents ever teach you manners?" I drawl, leveling my eyes on the demon school girl. Jiku pulses, thrilled that he will taste blood tonight. I shift my stance only a fraction, taking on a more defensive approach, wanting to see if the demon will attack me.

"Come on. Let's play."

-516/938
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyTue May 05, 2009 7:29 pm

Echoing in the dark night, the scream is loud enough for me to hear since the radio was turned down low. Aside from the yell, there seemed to be people running away from that area, which was always a good signal that something bad was happening in a certain area. I take it as my que to sit down the coffee and donuts and get to jogging. Wasting little time after lowering my refreshments, I grab hold of my equipment and exit the car. The door to the black sedan closes behind me with the alarm setting itself automatically after five seconds. Moving across the street, I make my way away from my vehicle and towards the direction from which the harsh yelling had come.

The shadows of the alleyway are dark and thick, blanketing the area with its lack of light. As the heroine reveals herself near to the mouth of the alley to battle this evil, her presences is contested with a hissing snarl. Between strands of long hair a red eye glows in the darkness as it glares towards Shiori mid way in the alley, leaning back defensively like a fierce animal whom did not wish to be bothered. With the taunt, the demonic school girl places her hand on the wall and uses it to help her balance as she stands to her feet. Her stance is shaky as her body waves left and right like a leave in a soft breeze with her gaze never leaving Shiori. Suddenly, the area where her hand touches the wall explodes. Near Shiori's position, there is another explosion at the alley wall to her side as the fingernails of the demonic school girl extend out like hardened tentacles sneak, seeking to impale and/or capture her in the opening attack. 300

Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyTue May 05, 2009 7:55 pm

The demon looks at me, red eye glowing within a thicket of ebony hair. Judging from the state of the body, this is a possession gone wrong. Sad really. The girl had done stuff she shouldn't have and the demon wormed its way into her body and took command. But it looks like the demon is having trouble completely controlling the body of a human. Slowly it moves, shaking a bit as it gets to its feet. My eyes never leave the target before me, Jiku humming as my power is awakened and black tattoos solidify themselves on my pale flesh. My eyes are drawn to the beast's hand as the wall caves in. I frown. Did the thing really think me stupid?

I remain in a relaxed manner, making it seem as if I am not prepared. The claws explode from the brick of the building and my blade swipe up as I shift my weight into the strike, catching the underside of the demon's claws and Jigoku is almost smirking as his body slicing cleanly through the claws and blood explodes into the air. I then shift back, bringing my blade back into position to either defend or attack, depending on the beast's next move. Least I'm wearing black. But I can see the demon's blood speckling my flesh. A shower will be in order after this crap.

-230/1168
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyTue May 05, 2009 8:11 pm

The debris and brick chips from the claws bursting from the walls shatter on the ground as blood fills the air. With the blood and the distraction of a wall exploding to the side, a body flies forwards in a rushing motion trying to keep her moving. As it approaches, it becomes apparent that the body belongs to one of the homeless men who had been partially eaten. The other broken body is hurled towards Shiori closely following the first and the sliced remains of the tentacle claws tear a line in the wall as they retract back to the demons girl’s hand, trailing a cover of blood, bricks and flesh with broken bits with it. With the retraction of the limb and in timing it after the body hurls, the demon girl generates a beach ball sized sphere of dark energy forming it in front of her. A voice that could not be described as human cracks, “destroy all to dust, bloody explosion.” With an exertion of energy, the ball of energy thrusts down the narrow alleyway, striking the area where Shiori would be standing had she not moved. The size of the blast of the ball of energy exploding would be around the size of a small house brightly illuminating a purple tinted sphere with enough force to cause a small crater on the ground. 227

Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyTue May 05, 2009 8:44 pm

The air is crackling around me. I fall into the mindset I have during competitions. Jigoku is ready for anything, the demonic blade singing in the night air. Debris fills the air, but I keep myself prepared. My brow furrows at an approaching shadow and then I realize the demon has thrown the bodies of its victims at me. Disgusting. The first is parry to the left with the blunt side of my blade while the other is parried to the right. As the bodies fall I hear the spell and my eyes widen at the demonic energy.

"Ah shit," I hiss and Jiku snarls at the feel of the energy. I sheathe him quickly and take off in a quick sprint and yelp as I nearly trip as I make it out of range. I turn and skid to a stop, bringing my arms up as debris flies around, guarding my face. "Kuso. Cheap ass shot," I hiss and pull Jiku from his sheathe, eyes searching for the demon. Dammit. If Yume ever finds out about this I'm in for the lecture of the century.

-186/1354
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyTue May 05, 2009 9:07 pm

The sound of my boots echo softly in the night, as my hurried footsteps hurry across the cement sidewalk. My breath is steady as the Division 12 conditioning training passively makes itself useful. My ears are able to clearly pick up the sound of destruction as I near the problem area. With the sound of an explosion, I am able to understand that something was out of place. It didn’t seem right for a spirit entity to use an energy attack if it were simply killing people, so this would mean that there was a demonic spirit either on a killing spree, fighting another demonic spirit or something that it needed to destroy. It would have to be at least a B classed entity for something of this level. I see an illumination in the distance that allows me to know that I am getting close.

After the energy shot the demon is nowhere to be found. The alley way is quiet and dust begins to settle from the mouth of the alley. When the dust settles down all the way, it shows the alley to be empty of any presence. There is the sound of flapping from above as large full-length onyx bat wings extend behind the demonic girl’s back as she appears in flight coming from over a building ledge positioned diagonally above Shiori. The dark figure and wings cut a portion of the visible moon from sight giving away its location. There is a low inaudible murmuring as the demon girl holds her palms down from her protected position. The attack performed is considerably weak, but very persistent, the type to soften up an opponent, much like a jab, as hundreds of dark needles descend down and towards Shiori, pummeling the area where she would have stood if she hadn’t moved. With the chances high that Shiori would move, the demon girl would follow behind her with the attack in an attempt to hone and pin her down with it. During this time, the demon girl would use her leverage in the air to stay away from Shiori and evade any long-ranged attacks.

The loud sound of several gunshots penetrates the air and the attack stops. The wing of the schoolgirl is stricken and like a she falls backwards in the air, landing on the rooftop of the building and out of sight.

Luckily for me, the thing was in the air, at a distance and distracted. My palm rests over my forearm for a moment before I draw my pistol back at chest level and look to the top of the building; it was too far for the shotty. I knew that whatever it was this time was not dead and the sporadic motion of its flying made it too risky for a headshot. I would have to go up the fire escape of that building or wait for it to come down, but I couldn’t risk letting it get away. “Kuso….” I murmur low under my breath. Thank goodness this was the Lower Commons and not a place with high visibility or I would have to call in a level 3 clean up on the area. Wait… wasn’t it attacking something when I came? Rising up for a moment, my gaze shifts around to see if there was someone there. 556

Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyTue May 05, 2009 9:21 pm

Dust settles and I curse softly, the demon girl gone. Jigoku hums a warning and my gaze snaps up to the sky. My eyes narrow. Fuckin' bitch could fly. "Jiku.. This is all your damn fault," I hiss, the demonic blade seeming to huff at my anger towards him. "Fucker.." I snap and I note as the demon begins a new spell. "Mou! Why can't I ever get a fuckin' break!?" I whine as I make a dash for the cover. I know I shouldn't run, but I'm not in the mood to be slice. "Ah!" I feel a couple catch on my tank top and tear it open. That bitch!?

Gun shots then fill the night and I stop, the demon letting out a noise and I turn in time to see it falling form the sky. Sweet. I smirk and continue running for the fire escape. I then leap up, my body different from a normal person's. I land and continue up. I take a moment to peek down at my gun wielding angel and note a uniform. Ah. Div12. Wow.. Their actually on duty. How touching.

"Oi! Thanks sexy!" I throw out as I leap up to the next landing, feet touching down before I spring back up and finally reach the roof. I land in a crouch, blade held before me in defense as my eyes fall on the injured demon.

"Bitch. I owe you for tearing up my shirt."

-244/1598
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyTue May 05, 2009 9:34 pm

“Wait… what…” I pause at the thanks given combined with the visual of what seemed to be a human woman leaping up two stories to the roof of a building. On top of all of that, the voice of the human woman seemed to be very familiar. In addition to these things, I was the damn Division 12 agent. If there were a hitorinji officer already covering this area then it would have been pointless for me to arrive. Well, as Kane put it, it wasn’t like I was doing anything tonight anyways. As if there wasn’t enough to deal with, the explosions and gunshots rile the civilians living in the area, which would be annoying to deal with, but it wasn’t like they hadn’t seen an odd thing or two. Still, it was probably better that the demon was now on the roof and out of visible sight. Instead of sitting around, I decide to get moving as I give chase as well. The pistol is thrust into my chest holster and my strides hurry to the alleyway for the fire escape. On reaching the alleyway, I notice two dead bodies already. After seeing and avoiding them, I make my way to the fire escape, crouch and then leap up to grab hold of the fire ladder to pull myself up.

On the rooftop, there is a pool of blood where the demon had fallen due to the gun shot wounds and the sliced claws from earlier. The trail of blood isn’t far from the body by the time Shiori reaches the rooftop. The demon looks to the ground and murmurs, “shadows of the night bind and seal.” With the beginning of the chant, dark hands would lift up from the ground to reach and grab for Shiori in an attempt to bind her and keep her from attacking if possible. 312

Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyTue May 05, 2009 11:53 pm

"Bitch just doesn’t know when to shut up," I mutter as I hear a new incantation. If only I knew a spell. I would need to do some research after tonight. I'm slightly tired of this tonight and Jigoku is whining about being hungry for the demon bitch's soul. God my own blade is such a whiny bitch. I watch as the demon reaches for me. I heft Jiku into my right hand as my left reaches to my right hip and I withdraw my trump card. My seireikendo which had been given to me by my kendo sensei many years ago. I keep it away from Jigoku, who honestly doesn't like my blessed blade. I then bring the blade crashing down on the demon's hand, the blessed blade flaring to life as it seeks to burn away the demon essence it has come in contact with.

"I ain't some helpless human, mutt," I growl, my eyes glowing softly in reaction to the power of my seireikendo. My markings then begin to glow a soft pink as the smell of cherry blossoms seems to increase and a black butterfly flutters past the demon's face. I pin the demon's hands beneath my blessed blade as I raise Jigoku in my right.

"I banish you back to hell.." I whisper and let my black blade come slashing down upon the demon.

-229/1827
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyWed May 06, 2009 6:36 pm

A bright and shining light comes from the slash between the holy blade and the demon's hand with a hissing sound adding with a burning effect to the strike. The demon stumbles back and retracts her hand when the blade is drawn back, smoking wafting from the strike point, but she is unable to get out of range or counter before the final blow comes down. The weakened demonic girl is split in half as the shining blade passes through her body with ease. Blood sprays into the air and then stops, and the limp body lingers on its knees for a moment before falling to the side and laying still. The eyes of the demon girl start to lose their animation, but in the last moments of life, the red glow vanishes and the innocent smile of a young girl graces the previously distorted face as her lips softly murmur, "thank you... for freeing me." With that, the demon girl's body begins to decay slightly and it is over.

There is the sound of metallic clanking coming closer as the final steps are elevated to bring me to the roof of the building via the ladder connected wiht the fire escape system. With a soft grunt, I pull myself up onto the gritty concrete ledge crouching and surveying the events of the roof. To my surprise, the demon is slain by a sword attack and falls to the ground after a moment. I step onto the roof and stand up straight as the demon girl's final moments are realized with my attention on the one that had slain her. It would seem as if I had been beaten to the punch, but how would I report this? I had no information on the winner and just because the swordwoman won didn't necessarily mean she was a good guy. Even though I say that, a closer look gives her familiar features. In a questioning voice, hopefully if the victor did not flee, I venture, "Shiori?" 335

Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyWed May 06, 2009 6:52 pm

Jigoku comes down in the finishing blow. I feel him sink in and he latches onto the demon in the body. I pull back the dark blade as blood hits me, staining my pale flesh even more. I gaze down at the girl as she fell. The demon's presence fades, Jigoku humming now that he is full. I look into the relieved eyes of the human girl. I smile a bit as she thanks me.

"Flutter on the wings of butterflies.. Your soul is free.." I whisper and I sheathe Jigoku then put my seireikendo into the hip holster I have for it. I clap my hands together in prayer only to falter as someone says my name in a very familiar voice. I whip around, the marking of my shouchou fading away as I look at the man across from me with wide eyes.

"Jyn?" I choke out. I look at him and I know I'm not seeing things. Oh Kami. He.. He saw me slaying the demon. I find myself taking a step back. I then finally take in his outfit and blink. "Wait.. You're Div12?" I say in surprise. I then sigh and lift my hand to scratch the back of my head. "Umm.. Guessing you want an explanation.." I say to him, bowing my head. He would hate me now. Wouldn't want anything to do with me. I mean.. Who wanted their 'cute' girlfriend to be a demon slayer with a sword that fed on the souls of demons?

-253/2080
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyWed May 06, 2009 7:16 pm

“Not really,” my answer is brief and to the point. She had confirmed her identity to me by saying my name and responding to her own name and now that I had a better look at her there was no doubt that she was Shiori. My steps are casual as my gaze shifts along the blood soaked rooftop and about the surroundings as I make my way in her direction, placing my pistol in my chest holster since I did not need it. I confirm that there were no more visible threats around and as I reach the body I look down at it also confirming that it was nothing more than a carcass now. My hand reaches to my pocket, pulling out my phone and my thumb flips open the cell as I raise it to face level, press a button, then hold it to my ear. While I do this, I look down slightly, pushing the broken and bloodied female body with my foot causing its body to shift slightly with the pressure with no response. I step back and stand normally looking across the city as I report, “This is officer Asei… Pick up on the rooftop of my position… One… Hai.” I close the phone in my hand and lower it back to my pocket before turning my gaze back to Shiori. This would make it easier not to have to keep secrets from her. Stating the obvious, I say sarcastically without the hint of sarcasm the statement would normally require, “you look good.” My steps start to move slowly to the fire escape as I lead on, “I’m parked downstairs… I’ll be best to get you clean quickly.” 283

Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyWed May 06, 2009 7:28 pm

I peek up when he answers. I clasp my hands in front of my and fidget as he comes closer. I watch him as he exams the girl. Poor thing was a rotting corpse now that the demon was gone along with the human soul. Jigoku is satisfied though and I wish I had a physical form of the demon blade to bitch slap. Jyn pulls out a cell and I listen as he gives an order or something. I look down at the girl and smile sadly. Poor girl was the true victim in all of this. I crouch down and reach out, closing the dull eyes with my fingertips. No one deserved this. No one. A black butterfly flutters past and I know her soul is in safe hands as I straighten back up.

I look at Jyn's back as he speaks and nod, frowning at his words. I know for a fact I must look like hell. I walk over to the fire escape and hop down to the first landing. I hated ladders. I frown as I look at my tank top. "Damn demon ruined a good tank top," I grumble as I place my hands behind my head and walk down the steps of the fire escape before finally reaching the end and hopping down to the sidewalk, landing in a slight crouch before straightening and sighing. This was a bit awkward now.

"Where's the car? Also.. I'd hate to get blood on the seats. I should just walk home or something.."

-257/2337
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyWed May 06, 2009 7:50 pm

The bounding Shiori makes it down to ground level before I do, as I take the normal route not minding normal things since I was a normal human. If I were alone and coming away from something like this, chances were that I would take the service entrance of the building to the elevator; but of course in this scenario, I couldn’t parade a bloodied young lady through some unknown building. Aside from that, if I were by myself, I wouldn’t be in a particular hurry, but now I was a bit conscious that girls might not like to feel icky. There was, of course, the chance given my limited experience with her so far, that Shiori didn’t actually mind being covered with blood and soot. That would be an interesting take on the term ‘girl.’ My feet land on the cement of the alleyway floor after dropping from the half ladder of the fire escape. Standing up from the crouched landing, I look to her to hear her words as I give a short half smirk informing in a tease, “You’re not getting in my car like that.” I walk past her towards the location of my car motioning its direction with a bit of a nod. Murmuring to myself in my brisk stroll towards my car, I continue to tease her a bit as I play in my normal calm voice, “perhaps it wouldn’t be too bad to put you in the trunk for now. I just got it detailed is all… then again, the roof would be easy to hose off… perhaps there’s a hose around here somewhere…” 271

Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyWed May 06, 2009 8:12 pm

I turn to look at him as I hear his boots crunch on the ground. My eye twitches as he begins talking, walking past me. Why I outta.. I take a calming breath before huffing and holding myself with pride, even if I'm covered in demon blood.

"I can walk," I state and begin down the sidewalk, not following him. My clothes shift and I stop, making a face. "Kami.. I need a shower. And my clothes are ruined. I hate demons.." I say as I tug at my tank and I hear it rip more. I frown and give a yank, tearing it off, leaving me in my black sports bra. Blood is blotched on my pale skin, glistening black in the moon light. "Gross.." I whisper and chuck the ruined tank in a trash bin. It’s nothing more than scraps now thanks to that demon. I turn to look at Jyn, hands on my hips.

"No worries. I'll get myself home. I got a sword to ward off the perverts."

-172/2509
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyWed May 06, 2009 8:32 pm

With my back to her, I acknowledge, internally, her prideful nature. I knew well from experience that I had a tendency to push people away by being or seeming uncaring and cynical in my demeanor, so I keep that in the back of my mind as I decide not to push things too far with her tonight. After all, I did wish to help her out tonight, and on the inside I was happy to see her despite the current situation the meeting was in. Still, I didn’t know her well enough to tease her too much and this would be a part of my calibration in getting to know her while continually interacting with her. But the thought that she might have walked here from her house, where I assumed her to be during our earlier call, was a bit much. I sink into my internal thought as my steps continue after her words. The city was huge, over fifty miles wide to get from one side of the town to the other north to south or east to west. In the southeast lower commons we would almost be diagonally opposite of my neighborhood, and assumedly, hers. It would be more of an epic journey than a walk. A bus or a cab in the attire of underwear and blood probably would not be the best thing to do and if she went into East City like that, there would be a good chance that she would draw attention of civilians or even the police. Thinking rationally, I could only assume she already had a certain means of getting here and getting home since she had already been here when I got here. With the seemingly super human power of what I assumed her to be a hitorinji, she probably had enough endurance for the trip, but at a running pace, time would be more of an issue than endurance as she would probably be able to make it to our side of town in half a day. That is, of course, if that was where she was planning to head tonight after she finished what seemed to be a nightly “hunting.” There was the off chance that she might live around the Lower Commons, or have a boyfriend or friend here that she is visiting. Currently, that would not be any of my business, so I wouldn’t have the privilege of looking too deeply into it. Then again, I didn’t know the reason why she was out here fighting demons in the first place, so there was little basis that I could actually assume anything. It might have been a bit forward to believe that she would follow me to my car. I pause at that moment, realizing that it might have seemed as if I ignored her statement of walking home while thinking out my situation. If she had not spoken by this time, I would turn towards her and ask as if expecting her to have been behind me, “you’re not coming? Oh, I’m sorry. It seems I’ve offended you unintentionally (lie). Please come.” 519

Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyWed May 06, 2009 9:11 pm

I wonder if he'll say anything. It would be a long way home. I had taken the subway to get out this way. Walking would take me forever and I also knew once I got to a better part of town I might get the cops called on me. I mentally cringe at that. Grandmother would hear of it if I got arrested. And if it’s for indecent exposure. I sweat drop a bit. Old woman would take my head off if I thought of soiling the Kyro name with such an act. Still. I didn't wish to mess up Jyn's car with demon blood. Well a mixture of demon and human. I sigh and rub my hand along a small cut I had gotten in the attack. I wince. I would need to clean it.

Finally Jyn speaks to me and I blink at him. The man was so different from other men I had met in my years of dating. I sigh a bit. I couldn't refuse him. My feet move on their own and I step closer to him. "All right. But no whining if I get blood on the seats," I say in a teasing tone, brightening again. That is until I touch my hair and feel blood in it also.

"Goddammit. Got this shit everywhere. Going to take forever to get out of my hair if I don't get home soon.. Yume is going to kill me if she finds out about this," I pause in my ranting and peer at Jyn. "Ano.. Would you mind if I showered at your place? I don't want to accidently forget something and my room mate to find out I was demon hunting again." I ask with a sheepish grin.

-292/2801
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyWed May 06, 2009 9:37 pm

“That’s fine. Come on, let’s go,” I assure her as I turn, waiting for her for a moment before I continue to take steps walking towards my car. I was a bit relieved that she accepted my offer. I didn’t want to mess things up with her since I did like her. There was minimal thought put into whether I minded if she used my shower or not. I didn’t mind about her seeing my house or shower since my o.c.d. kept the house a variant of ‘hotel room’ clean. Out of habit, I normally cleaned stuff after its usage and since I didn’t stay at home much lately due to work, I didn’t have the chance to dirty up things too bad. On the weekends, I had plenty of time to clean up whatever might be out of place, but since disorder was a bit of a pet peeve of mind, I rarely forgot to keep things in order. “Demon hunting, eh?” I comment mostly to myself in a thoughtful manner as I we near the area where the car is. I suppose everyone would have to have a hobby. After some of the things I’ve seen, I couldn’t expect to be surprised about some things in this world. It was just my luck to date a demon huntress. My car comes into view in the distance and nears. The black paint and metallic chrome rims of the classy sports sedan reflect the dim lights of the commons, a welcoming view for its current owner. I assure her, “I have a coat you can cover yourself with in my car. That will keep my seats clean. I can always vacuum it later.” After a pause, I inquire, “…your roommate doesn’t know?” Reaching into my pocket I press the button on my key chain for the alarm. The headlights and rear light flash once to signal that the alarm had been disabled. The trunk pops open and I make my way to it, reaching in for the large coat in the back and taking it out. The trunk is pretty much empty save for a small subwoofer that was there when I got the vehicle, a small box of tools and a case for my guns. Holding the coat out, I offer it to Shiori. 385

Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyWed May 06, 2009 10:51 pm

I move alongside him, hands behind my head. I didn't care that I was only in my sports bra like this. Years of kendo and martial arts have gotten me over that little modest shyness. Also after one skinny dip trip with the kendo team.. My fears for my body were washed away when I knocked out more than half with nose bleeds. That had been an awesome time. I had nearly died laughing at Takuto trying to gather up the bodies.

He says demon hunting in an offhanded manner to himself and I blush a bit. It's not like I.. Okay so maybe I do seek out the danger. I like the thrill of battle. I need to have that moment of my life in danger to feel alive at times. Yume hates this habit of mine. But I've always been like this. Especially after my shouchou came to life in my body.

I lift my head as Jyn speaks again and I nod as he mentions a coat, only to wince as he inquires about Yume. I laugh nervously and then sigh. "Nah. She knows. She just has kittens every time I come back covered in blood. Whether its mine, the demon's or both. It worries her. She's like a younger sister. So.. Well.. She worries I might not come back one night and that scares the shit out of her," I explain as I stop by the car and watch as he pulls out a coat and extends it to me.

"Arigato," I thank him as I slip it on over my much smaller frame. I find myself swimming in it a bit since he has broader shoulders than myself. I roll the sleeves up a bit and then lean over and unlace my boot. It takes a moment before I straighten and toe them off, standing on the street in my socks, shivering a bit. I then tie the coat shut and bend over, picking the boots up then straightening again and holding them out to him. "Umm... They have blood on them. Was wondering if you got a plastic bag to put them in till I can rinse them off in a sink.." I say to him. I honestly didn't wish to mess up his car since he is being kind enough to give me a lift and possibly use his place to get cleaned up.

-401/3202
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:07 pm

My scenic view of her body is taken away as the dirty eye candy is wrapped up in my coat. The boots come up with the question of rinsing them off. “Mhm,” I nod as I lift my hand and accept the boots from her and then toss them into the back of the trunk not worrying about wrapping them. I didn’t have a plastic bag and if I were going to vacuum the car, I might as well vacuum the trunk to. It was about that time anyways, since it hadn’t been detailed in a couple weeks. My hand comes to the top of the trunk and I lower it shut and inform, “the door is open” so that she didn’t have to wait on me to get inside.

From that point, I move around to the driver side and open the door. I get in, clearing the passenger seat of the duffle bag that sits on it, moving it to the back seat. I close my door and wait for her to get in and situated before starting the car which comes on with a soft humming sound. Up to the point of getting in the car, there hadn’t been much conversation save for a statement here and there by either party. Honestly, I wished that she would talk more since I wasn’t good at things like riveting conversation. I should probably be saying something now, but it was a bit awkward. What really was there to talk about after finding out the girl you’re dating is some type of demon slayer? “Um….” I begin as I put the car into gear, “nice slash.” It was an attempt and a compliment going back to the final blow she dealt against the demon girl I witnessed on the roof. 300

Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:21 pm

He takes the boots and I wince as he tosses them in the truck. Poor clean trunk. He then tells me the door is open and I nod and make my way to the other side of the car and I quickly hop in. I shiver a bit. The air still cold. I hug my form, the adrenaline beginning to wear off now. I peek at him as he gets in and starts the car. The engine roars before become a rumbling purr. Not a bad car.

I put my seatbelt on, blinking as he tries to begin a conversation. I smile, covering my mouth as I giggle a bit. I relax, but make sure not to lean my head back and get blood on the seat. I gaze at him, still smiling. "You don't have to try so hard, Jyn. I like you it when you’re just.. Well.. You," I say to him and I feel like Jiku is rolling his eyes. Ah shut the fuck up ya demon blade.

"And.. Arigato. Also. Nice shot. You saved my ass with that. I think I need to begin studying some magic before I demon hunt again. I'm at a disadvantage against a flying demon," I chat for him, wanting him to be comfortable, even if I'm bad at this kind of stuff myself. I wink at him. "You're just like a knight in shining armor coming to my rescue like that," I tease happily.

-244/3446
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:37 pm

The car pulls away from that area and enters the street systems of the city as it heads in the direction of Gothstone. No sooner than we had pulled off, an unmarked van would be arriving to the location to clean up the mess that was made, as Division 12 was good at cleaning up its messes, or the messes of others. A different department within the division performed cleaning duties; the corpse would most probably be researched before it is stored.

I am relieved a bit that she takes the lead in the conversation and the anxiousness within me lightens a bit as she tells me that I do not have to try so hard. I wouldn’t admit to trying, but I also wouldn’t comment on it either way. The meaning of her words to reach me and I accept them for what they are. She continues and speaks about studying magic. I assumed that to be something that Hitorinji were adept at since we were told that normal humans generally did not know how to do magic.

“Heh, a night in armor,” I echo her words. Better me than Kane. Casting a brief glance over to her for a moment before my eyes return to the passing road in front of me, I inquire, “so if I’m the knight, that would make you the princess…? The car would be my steed and my apartment the castle, right?” 239

Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:48 pm

I smile as he plays along. Me a princess? I laugh a bit aloud at that one. I'm far from a princess. But then I hear the servants back home. All bowing and calling me Shiori-hime. I nearly cringe. "Well.. Isn't a man the King of his castle when he lives on his own?" I say in an amused tone. I then smirk a bit and lean close to him as he drives.

"As the saved 'princess'. Shall I give my 'knight a reward for my rescue," I purr teasingly to him before I lean back and laugh, now more relaxed and having fun. I take a deep breath and let it out, content. "You know.. I always find myself having such a fun time around you. I can be myself. It’s very refreshing. I'm glad I asked you out that day at my job," I say to him with a bright smile.

"Also.." I drop my voice a bit and lean close again. "My room mate thinks you might be able to make a good woman out of me by making me stop the demon hunting and such," I say in a bit of a whisper as if telling him a secret before I giggle.

-206/3652
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:01 am

It seems I’ve said something amusing; perhaps I did make a funny. She didn’t seem like the princess type. Small children reading the story of her life might find themselves disappointed at the lack of frills, pastries and tea parties. With the first question, I answer a simple, “I wonder...” Then my gaze shifts to her from the corner of my eye as she comes in close then leans back candidly laughing. After she speaks some more, I question, “Stop you?” Why would I do a silly thing like that… you’re making my job easier.” For strong personalities, often telling them not to do something was the best way to get them to do something. Plus, I didn’t know if I would be the type of person to tell someone not to do something. Demon hunting might be dangerous, but I do it. On top of that, she’s been doing it all this time without any traumatic experience; she should be well enough ok to know when she can and can’t win a battle. Wait, somewhere in that statement was the undertone that we would move into a serious relationship that she didn’t seem opposed to, which I found interesting. It was nice that the statement didn’t end with something like ‘but that’ll never happen because we’re friends’ or something to that nature. While this time is shared, the car continues to make its way through the city as I move away from the Lower Commons district into nicer scenery. 250

Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:11 am

I punch his arm playfully as he says I'm making his job easier. "Lazy ass," I tease and then watch as we move steadily into the better parts of the city. I wonder what his place it like. Is he a slob or a neat freak? Though judging by how pristine his car seems the latter seems like the appropriate guess. That sounds good since I tend to be a bit of a pack rat. And I don't like cleaning all too much unless it’s washing the dishes for Yume.

I peek over at him. I wonder how he views 'us'. If there is even an 'us' in his mind. I hope so. I honestly hope so. Funny how I'm getting serious about a man I hardly know, yet feel completely at ease with. "Ano.. Jyn.." I pause a moment and look out the window. "You don't mind if I call you my boyfriend.. Do you?" I ask suddenly. I need to know how he feels about this. I really want him to be my boyfriend, especially since he didn't run away calling me a freak when he learned of my demon hunting escapades.

-194/3846
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:22 am

After the teasing punch to the arm there are a few moments of silence that pass. The city seems peaceful for the most part around this area of town. The streetlights cause the interior of the car to rise and fade with their coming and going. I simply enjoy the ride and being in her presence for a little bit of time until she speaks again. There is a pause in her voice during the start up for the question before it finally comes out. “I don’t mind,” I answer looking forward while driving. If she asked something like that, it meant that how she wanted it to be. Inside, I did too, so I wouldn’t question against it, but rather go with its flow. After a momentary pause after that, I speak, “I suppose, I should do it properly then…” I glance over to her briefly and request, “will you be my girlfriend?” 154

Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:06 pm

I perk as he says he doesn't mind. But then there is another moment of silence and I blink as he begins talking again. He then glance at me and the question catches me off guard. I blink rapidly before I smile brightly. He is such a sweetheart by asking me like this. I take on a coy look.

"Well.. I don't know.. We only just met afterall," I act out the shy, demure girl before I begin to laugh and I lean over and press a kiss to his cheek. "I would love to be your girlfriend, Jyn," I say to him before sitting back in my seat and noting how we are leaving the bad parts of the city and heading into better sections. I then perk again and smile at him.

"This will be my first time to your place," I chirp, acting like a teenager again. But Jyn has made me lose my masks and I can relax and be myself with him.

-167/4013
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyWed May 13, 2009 7:43 pm

Updated Shiori.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) EmptyTue May 26, 2009 11:29 am

Updated by Shin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)   Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan) Empty

Back to top Go down

Covering a Patrol (Shi-chan)
Page 1 of 1